Apps for Smart TV Samsung TV
We will discuss how to install applications on Smart TV in the next instruction, but it should be noted in advance that a Wi-Fi connection is required to download the program. It is configured using a characteristic window in the connections menu.
- On the remote control, press the button in the center, it has a characteristic Google color;
- After going to the Smart TV menu, select the Samsung Apps item;
- We log in if you have not previously completed it;
- Next, a window with widgets for the TV will open, on the right there are categories and a search form;
- We select the required program, navigation through the entire menu is done using the arrows on the remote control or a connected mouse. After selecting a widget, go to its page;
- The page contains basic information about the application, its weight, function, benefits, screenshots, etc. If it suits you, then click on “Download”;
- After the procedure, the “Install” button will appear;
- Next, a notification about successful installation will open.
Smart TV: How to Download Apps for LG Smart TV?
Smart TV applications are free to download for all devices, unless otherwise specified on the page of the widget itself. The procedure is approximately the same as for Samsung, but there are some differences:
- Find the Smart button on the remote control, if it is absent, then click on Home;
- Use the arrows to scroll through the list to the item “LG Store”;
- In the catalog, select from the Applications menu;
- Select the item you are interested in and open the page;
- SIMilar to Samsung, programs are installed and launched.
In most cases, it is convenient to use one account to download and install programs for your smartphone, tablet, and TV. In the future, if the device is replaced or a second TV is purchased, when entering the profile, you can immediately get the same applications.
For the most part, the applications are free and help to somewhat develop the functionality of the TV, launch various special broadcasts, use services such as YouTube, NetFlix and others. There are also games, they are SIMple in design and quality, but they look impressive on a huge screen.
How to download apps to Smart TV?
Smart TV apps perform the most versatile functions and thereby expand the functionality of the TV. Among the applications there are games, special programs for broadcasting TV channels, an archive of television broadcasting, some Internet publications also broadcast in the TV sphere. Thanks to the proliferation of cloud storage, the TV doesn’t even have to store large amounts of bytes.
It is important to note that in order to fully use the TV as a gaming platform, you need to purchase a special Magic Remote separately. It is quite difficult to implement control without it, since few games do without using the remote control.
How to install and enter the Play Market on Smart TV?
If you have your own account (at least gmail mail), you can immediately enter it, otherwise you will have to register. The procedure is SIMilar to most other authorizations and includes:
- Click on the “Register” button;
- You must confirm your agreement with the terms;
- Specify your E-mail address and password, you need to repeat it twice, check the box next to “Agree”. The password must contain a set of numbers and letters, otherwise the system will not accept it;
- Go to the mail that was specified earlier and confirm the end of registration;
- Now return to the initial “Login” window and enter the data for authorization, if you wish, you can specify additional information.
Now access to the Play Market is established and you can start installing the necessary applications.
Installing and configuring the IPTVPORTAL (R-line) application
Important! The IPTVPORTAL application works on Samsung Smart TVs since 2012 (E, F, H, J, K series. in the TV article this is a letter after inches, for example UE40H6203 is a H series).
For LG netCast TVs: version 4.0 / 4.5; for all LG webOS except TVs with webOS 3.0 OS from 2016 release.
On all devices running on the FOXXUM platform: Sharp, Toshiba, Haier, Hisense, Blaupunkt, Orion, Metz, Medion, etc.
Android TVs with Android 4.0 and higher. Philips, Sony, Mystery, etc.
Create an account on your LG TV
We need to register. This can be done as on the LG website (and then just log in with your data on the TV). and directly from the TV itself.
Go to Smart TV and select the profile icon (screenshot below).
Press the button Register.
We read the user agreement and click Agree (there seems to be a need to agree twice).
We enter an e-mail address, just indicate a valid address to which you have access. You will need to confirm it. And we enter the password twice. If you failed to specify the password the first time, then it’s okay, I also have # 128578;. Only when you indicated letters and numbers, then the system accepted the password.
If all is well, the TV will inform you that you need to confirm the registration and offer to open a web browser so that you can enter the mail. But it is better to refuse, sit down at the computer, go to the mail and in the letter from LG follow the link Complete registration.
On the site you will see a message that the account is confirmed and a proposal to provide additional data for purchasing applications (if you are going to buy programs, I recommend that you immediately resolve this issue).
Now we return to the TV, if you did not touch anything there, then the email address will already be indicated, it remains only to enter the password (which you specified during registration) and enter your account, which we do.
This message will appear (screenshot below). you can choose No.
That’s it, a green icon should appear next to the profile icon.
How do I install programs and games on my LG Smart TV [LG Smart World and Game World]? Create an LG account
When I first went to Smart TV on an LG TV, I did not immediately understand how to install additional programs and games there. Yes, you can guess that the programs need to be installed in the LG Smart World application, and games in the Game World. But when I entered these applications, they did not seem to even start, or they wrote something like “no access”, I don’t even remember.
The fact is, it’s not that SIMple. First you need to create an LG account (if you don’t have one). log into the TV with your username and password and only then install the necessary programs.
As for the quantity and quality of programs and games, everything is very poor there (this is my opinion). I found just a few programs I needed for myself, and almost all games require a proprietary Magic Remote. Of course, the list of available programs and games is constantly growing.
Let’s start with the fact that your TV must support the Smart TV function and must be connected to the Internet in one of two ways: either via a wireless Wi-Fi network or by cable.
This article is based on the example of the LG 32LN575U TV.
Installing applications and games on LG Smart TV
As I wrote above, you can install new games and programs in the already installed programs LG Smart World and Game World.
You can find these programs by going to Smart TV mode and where the list of programs is below, you need to click the button.
If you want to install programs, then launch the LG Smart World application.
We select the required program. On the left, you can sort them, for example, select only free.
Then you can read the description of the program, see screenshots, and its size. To install, just click the Install button.
A message appears with the requirements that are required for this application to work. Click Ok.
The status of the download and installation of the program will appear at the top. After installation, the program can be found in the general list in Smart TV, or by pressing the MY APPS button on the remote control.
Install games in the same way. Game World only. Although, LG Smart World also has games.
How to remove a program or game from the TV?
Everything is very SIMple. Go to Smart TV and go to the full list of applications. There is a pencil button at the top, click on it.
Then select the desired application and a menu will appear next to it, click Delete.
Everything, the program, or the game will be completely removed.
That’s all, I’m waiting for your comments. Good luck!
Types of Smart TV Apps
There are several main types of programs that are most often downloaded by users to Smart TV.
- IPTV television programs. Provide access to several hundred TV channels of various topics.
- Online cinemas. Most work with a paid subscription. However, promotions are often held when access to new movies opens up for a low price.
- To display content.
- For streaming the passage of games, e-sports competitions, etc.
- Clients of social networks. for communication in VK, Odnoklassniki, Instagram, etc.
- Services for searching and listening to music: Yandex music, Play music, etc.
It is impossible to install a third-party application downloaded from the Internet on Samsung Smart TVs. the manufacturer specifically introduced a restriction on third-party content in the device’s operating system.
How to install applications on Smart TV: instructions for different brands of TVs
Smart TV is a true home multimedia center. This is a cinema with an unlimited Internet film library, a music player of high-quality tracks broadcast by online resources, and a game console. Programs for the implementation of these functions are installed in the device memory at the production stage. You can significantly expand the capabilities of your smart TV by installing additional applications. With the help of this article you can download and install the application you like on Smart TVs from different manufacturers.
How to download and install applications on Smart TV
The download and installation aLGorithm is SIMilar for all devices, but the sequence of actions for models from different manufacturers is different.
To install the program on a Sony Smart TV running Android TV, you must:
- Press the “Home” button on the remote control and enter the main page.
- In the “My applications” section, use the navigation buttons of the remote control to select an empty widget with a sign inside.
- Open the section “All applications”.
The Sony official website contains information that it is impossible to add an application that is not in the general list of programs on your own. New items are added to the list after the owner of the program contacts Sony for cooperation.
- Enter the menu section “Home page”.
- Open the “LG Smart World” section.
- Select the “Login” button (pictogram of a stylized image of a human head).
Just like Samsung, LG has limited the ability to install third-party programs on its Smart TVs.
Since 2014, the Android TV operating system has been installed on Philips Smart TVs. Software products are downloaded from the Play Market. In earlier versions, the following sequence of actions is required (for example, IPTV):
- Open “Configuration” in the main menu.
- Select “Connect to the network”.
- Connection type “Wired”, confirm selection.
- In the “Configuration” item, enter the “Network Settings” section.
- Open “Network mode” and “Static IP address”.
- In the “IP Configuration” tab, select DNS 1 and enter 178.209.065.067.
In this way, you can add new programs and update already installed.
Pure Android is installed on the Smart TV, so applications are installed both from the Play Store and from third-party resources. Installation sequence (forkplayer as an example):
For the second installation method, you need a pre-formatted flash drive. Download the installation file of the Android program with the apk extension via a computer to the drive from a reliable site (official site of the developer, forums of registered users, etc.).
Be sure to check the downloaded content with the latest anti-virus program with the latest virus databases. Insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector on the TV, find the downloaded file through the system explorer and install it.
To use the program, you need a Google account, which will be created within a few minutes.
The account registration process is fairly straightforward. As with other services, you need to come up with a username (it will also be a Google email address), a password and write down your personal data (last name, first name, date of birth), as in the picture:
It is necessary to come up with a complex password of eight characters (letters, numbers, and be sure to add special characters to this combination). This will help protect your account more reliably.
Now we go to the created account to set up YouTube on the TV.
Updating the application
Smart TVs of the LG brand, produced in 2017-2019, have an automatic OS and software update function. If this is not provided on the TV, and you do not know how to update YouTube, then you must:
How to watch YouTube not on Smart TV
To watch YouTube content on TV, you need to find the YouTube icon in the TV menu and open the application. Its interface will appear, where you can quickly find a suitable one and view it. For quick access tos and broadcasts from subscribed channels, you need to log into your Google account.
Now the YouTube application will be displayed in the Smart TV menu as in the picture below:
Placement of YouTube among the rest of the software
Setting up an app on your TV
Setting up a software means making changes to its work for comfortable use. over, logging into your YouTube account will allow you to find the desired content in a few clicks and will open many other useful options (subscription to channels, comments to chatting in streams, etc.). It can also be grouped by genre (music, movies, documentaries, sports, etc.). If you have not yet opened a YouTube account, then create one on your PC or laptop, and then sign in to it on LG.
Potential problems and solutions
Difficulties with updating software on an LG TV are often due to the fact that it does not have enough memory. This problem is relevant mainly for budget equipment. To avoid such failures, you must regularly clear the cache. This is done through the “Memory” item in the TV settings.
The main problem with Smart TVs manufactured before 2012 is the lack of YouTube support. Manufacturers refused to service older versions of the program, so these devices need to install ForkPlayer or purchase a smart set-top box for them. In the latter case, additional costs will be required, which is economically inexpedient.
Installing and configuring the application: step by step instructions
Smart TV has many different applications, including YouTube. But sometimes the program icon disappears from the menu as a result of a software update. This is especially true on TVs manufactured before 2012. To solve this problem, you need to re-download and install the application. If you have no idea how to install the Youtube application and use it on your TV, then everything is described in detail below.
ForkPlayer. an alternative application
Many people use the ForkPlayer browser as an alternative way to watch YouTube. It also needs to be downloaded and installed. It allows you to browse websites and online.
The program has the following options:
- parental control;
- search and viewing ofs and films;
- creation of Playlists;
- customization of design;
- surfing sites;
- additional functions and tips.
In general, with its help, LG Smart TV will become an alternative to a desktop PC in terms of surfing sites. over, this utility is absolutely free.
ForkPlayer is installed in different ways:
Method number 1
On LG Smart TV with webOS or Netcast OS, you need to change DNS as follows:
- Open the TV menu.
- Go to the Internet connection settings.
- Next, open the “DNS Server”.
- Then we specify any of the DNS listed below. And do not forget that each of them opens a specific utility. For example, typing 126.96.36.199 will open ForkPlayer.
- If you specify DNS 188.8.131.52, ForkStore will open. You must select “Premium”, after which you can watch “Russia Television”, “First Automobile”, “Radio” or “vTuner”.
Method number 2
In LG Netcast Smart TV with OS webOS or Netcast 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 and 4.5, the installation procedure using DNS change is as follows:
- Open “Network Connection”.
Next, we set the type of connection to the global network.
Advanced network settings
List of DNS provided for LG TV:
When using these DNS, do not forget that not all addresses are suitable for your multifunctional TV.
Installation from a USB stick
The browser can be easily installed from a flash drive, but not all content will be available. To remove the restrictions, install Remote ForkPlayer on your PC and launch it. Requires also enable on TV Remote ForkPlayer.
Method number 1
To install the utility in this way, you will need to do the following:
- Unzip the file onto the USB flash drive, which can be downloaded here.
- Go to your TV account:
Sign in to your TV account
Method number 2
On LG TV with OS Netcast 2010. 2013 installed, you need to do the following:
- Unzip RAR to removable media and connect it to the TV.
- Next, go to your account, as mentioned above (in the previous method).
- Then you need to go to “My Applications” (located in the lower right corner).
- Here you need to select the item “My applications on USB”.
- Now we run the software located on the flash drive.
- To remove restrictions on content, install and run Remote ForkPlayer on your PC. You also need to activate RemoteFork.
- Turn on LG and connect it to the Internet.
- Then click on the “Smart” remote control to enable the required mode.
- Next, open the list of installed programs, where you need to go to the “LG Store”. This function allows you to install all software available for the TV.
- In the list of programs that appears, we are looking for “YouTube”. Click on it and go to the installation page.
- Next, an application window will appear, where we click “Install”, or “Install” in English. Then we wait until the software is fully installed.
YouTube is now displayed in the list of software, which will make it convenient and quick to use it.
Install YouTube app on LG Smart TV
Due to flashing LG Smart TVs and other failures, some programs are deleted or stop working, this also applies to YouTube. In this case, you need to reinstall the utility and properly configure the TV. But many users do not know how to download YouTube and install it on LG TV. We will try to analyze these and many other questions in detail in this article.
Installing from LG Apps Market
If your LG Smart TV has an Internet connection, then you can start installing software for webos. They do it as follows:
- after connecting the TV to the network, you need to enter the Smart Home section;
- in the LG Smart World section, you enter your account;
- in the list of applications that appeared as a result of the manipulations done, they find what they need;
- be sure to get acquainted with the information about the program and specify its price;
- at the next stage, you need to click the “Install” button;
- to install a paid application, follow all the instructions that appear on the TV screen;
- all operations are confirmed with the “Ok” button;
- after the program is installed, open it by going to Smart Home and clicking on the folder.
If the application does not work, then you should fix possible errors. And this could be:
- lack of internet connection;
- the application is not suitable for this model;
- the TV does not have enough memory to install a new application;
- user is not logged in.
If, after correcting these errors, you still cannot install the program, then you should definitely contact a professional. If there is not enough memory on the device, you can delete applications that you have not used for a long time. To do this, enter the section of installed services and click on the “delete” button next to the selected program.
Installing Apps on LG Smart TV
After that, you need to connect to the Internet and log in.
If there is little memory left on the device, then the application can be installed from a USB flash drive. But this is much more difficult to do. For this procedure, you will need an IPTV program. The only condition is that the folder with applications must be unpacked in advance. If everything is done correctly, a list of applications for installation will appear in the upper corner of the screen.
Installing apk applications from a flash drive manually
For old LG TVs with the NetCast operating system, the instructions for installing applications from a USB flash drive are standard: you need to download the application, unpack the archive onto a USB flash drive, insert the USB flash drive into the TV and the new application will appear in the “My Applications” section in the “USB” subcategory.
But users of later LG TVs with webOS operating system often face problems.
To install an application from a USB flash drive to a TV with webOS before 2017 release, follow these steps:
- Download the archive with the required application.
- Format USB flash drive in FAT format.
- Unpack the archive to the root of the flash drive.
- On the TV, log in with your SmartTV LG Store account.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector of the TV. If a window appears with a USB flash drive connection, you need to cancel it.
- The app should appear on the home screen.
If nothing happens at startup, you need:
- Log in to the LG Store.
- In the lower right corner, click on “My Page”.
- Select “Purchased Applications”.
- Launch the application.
For LG TVs with the webOS operating system from 2018, to run applications from a flash drive, you must first log in to your account.
If all else fails and the applications still do not start from the flash drive on the TV, all that remains is to try to install the desired application through developer mode. This method is very complicated and unsafe. Only specialists can figure out all the settings. And if something goes wrong, LG service centers will refuse to repair your TV.
Installing webOS applications on LG Smart TVs for a pleasant pastime
TV has become one of the main ways of spending leisure time. LG Smart TV is a versatile device for watching your favorite movies or. games and even communication with family and friends living in other cities. To do this, use webOS applications, the number of which is increasing every day.
Varieties of widgets for webOS
Widgets developed for LG Smart TVs increase the capabilities of the gadget, improve its functionality and are fully customized for a specific user. But the programs built into the TV are not enough and you have to download and install them yourself.
All widgets are global and local.
LG Smart TVs have both global and local apps built in. But, in practice, people looking for an application do not even think about what kind of application it belongs to.
Therefore, widgets for Smart TV LG are divided into the following varieties:
- social networks;
- Internet telephony;
- for watching movies in 3D format;
- search applications.
How to install, procedure
Since it is impossible to install applications without an account, it is imperative to create an account. To log in to the system, you need to do the following:
- On the remote control, the “Settings” button is pressed.
- In the “Quick” section they find the “Account Management” button.
- Create an account.
- At the end of registration, press the button “Agree”.
- To enter the system as a login, it is recommended to use an email address and enter a password.
- The next step is to confirm your email and registration is complete.
In order to make it convenient to create an account, it is recommended to connect a computer mouse to the TV. Then it will be easier to enter text.
You can use the browser on your TV to confirm your email, but your best bet is to use a computer. To do this, go to your mailbox and follow the specified link to the LG Smart World website. An inscription will appear here confirming the completion of registration.
After carrying out all the manipulations, you can log into your account on the TV. To do this, enter the email address and password specified during registration in the login window. If the data is entered correctly, information will appear on the screen, notifying about the successful login to the account. After that, you can start installing apk on webos.
What to do if you don’t have an account
If this is the first time Smart TV is enabled on your LG TV, you need to register. The authorization process itself is not complicated, but some conditions must be met. After connecting the device to the Internet, you need to select the country where the user is located and the language convenient for work. It is important that all data is correct, especially the location of the instrument. This will ensure stable TV functionality.
Before registering, the user will be provided with an agreement that must be accepted. Otherwise, registration will not take place.
Remember that you can uninstall apps from your device and install new ones. That allows you to use the TV for entertainment and enjoyable leisure time.
Installing third-party widgets on Smart TV (for example Samsung, LG and Philips)
To make Smart TV even smarter, install third-party widgets using a USB flash drive, ForkPlayer or IP addresses of applications.
Connect your flash drive to your computer.
Open “Computer” and right-click on the drive.
Select FAT32 file system.
Click “Get Started”.
Formatting will erase all data from the drive. It remains to prepare it for installing widgets on Samsung Smart TV.
Create folder “userwidget”.
Download archives with widgets and drop their folder without unpacking.
Connect your drive to your TV.
Installing widgets from a USB flash drive will start automatically and end with the message “Package is done”. After that, a new widget will appear in the Smart TV menu.
Besides, widgets on Samsung can be downloaded by IP address. To do this, press the “Smart Hub” and “A” buttons. Enter the username “develop”. The password will be substituted automatically on all series, except F. on TVs of this series, you need to use the key “sso1029dev!”.
Then you need to click the “Tools” button to get into the settings, go to the “Development” section, mark the “IP settings” line and enter the address of the application that you want to install.
Standard widgets are available on LG Apps TV service. But if you don’t find what you want among them, you can download and install third-party applications. This is done using a flash drive:
- Download the archive with the LG widget to your computer. Download applications from trusted sources so as not to harm the system.
- Check the file system of the flash drive. It must be formatted in FAT32.
Unpack the contents of the archive to the root of the flash drive.
LG TVs have a few limitations. Widgets are launched only if there is a USB flash drive connected. Some USB storage devices may not be suitable for installing applications, and TVs with only USB ports may not support widgets.
The installation of standard widgets can be done through the App Gallery application, which is located on the main page of Smart TV. If you want to install a widget from a third-party developer, you need a flash drive.
- Format the flash drive to FAT32 file system.
Create a folder “userwidget” in the root of the flash drive.
Move the widget archives with the installation files inside to the created folder.
Launch Smart TV and connect a USB flash drive to the TV.
The installation of widgets, the files of which are downloaded to the root of the drive, will start automatically. After the installation is complete, you will find the applications in the SmartTV menu.
Instead of a USB flash drive, you can use ForkPlayer to install third-party widgets. We have already described how to install this application on Samsung and LG. Instructions for Philips:
Open the network connection settings on the TV.
Change DNS to 046.036.218.194.
Wait until the connection is established. If there is no connection, restart the TV.
Open the MegoGoProgram. Instead, ForkPlayer will work, through which you can install third-party widgets.
Some Philips TVs run Android OS, so there is no problem installing applications, including third-party ones. widgets are added in the same way as on a phone or tablet.