How to insert a SIM card into a specific tablet model
There are several types of card modules. this should be taken into account when installing into individual Samsung models. The number of devices with standard connectors is rapidly decreasing. Most modern slots are designed for microSIM. This family also includes “Samsung“. Galaxy Tab, for example. Some of the tablets of this brand are designed for the nano format. Here’s what to do before going to a cellular salon:
- clarify the model of your device;
- collect information about the technical parameters of the tablet;
- determine the location of the Tab 2 slot (or another representative of the line);
- understand whether you have a tablet computer or a phablet;
- choose the optimal type of card module.
Having coped with these tasks and connected to the required operator, take your Tab in hand. Now you will find out the whole truth about how to insert a SIM card into a Samsung Galaxy Tab without breaking anything. The algorithm is as follows:
- Turn off the gadget, turn it upside down and place it on a smooth surface. If you are afraid of scratching the display, place a piece of cloth.
- Find the connector (localized in the end part) and slide the protective flap. It’s easy. pry off the lid with your fingernail. There are options with a key. then you have to use a needle or paperclip. The scenario will change. a sharp object must be inserted into a special hole and slightly pressed (the tray will go out by itself).
- If you cannot reach the tray with your fingers, use the needle as a tweezer. Proceed with extreme caution.
- If everything was done correctly, you should see the holder. its shape repeats the configuration of the SIM card. It is difficult to mix up the sides of the plastic module due to the special bevel. If installed incorrectly, the card will simply not fit into the tray. Some tray models are equipped with prompts to reduce the chance of error.
- Insert the filled tray into the dedicated slot. A light pressure is enough, do not put extra effort.
- Activate the tablet and check the fact of recognition.
If the device does not see the SIM card, it will have to be changed. There are several reasons for the problem, which we will discuss a little later. You already know how to insert a SIM-card into “Samsung”. this is a major breakthrough. You will figure out the rest of the nuances later (if they arise).
Often, problems arise in the event of incorrect cutting or installation of the card module. You are dealing with a fragile mechanism, and you should not make excessive efforts here. Re-remove the tray to make sure it is seated correctly. it should slide out easily.
We have figured out how to insert a SIM card into a Samsung Galaxy Tab, but keep in mind the fragility of the clips. Sometimes the card falls inward. you have to carefully pick it up with tweezers. If the task seems impossible, go to the service center.
How to find out your tablet model
Let’s go back to the preparatory stage and try to figure out where to climb in order to get information about your device. Suppose the cover of the device cannot be removed. you will not be able to display the information on the battery. Catch a universal algorithm for all Androids:
- Open “Settings” (gear icon).
- Go to the section “About the tablet” (sometimes. “About the device”).
- Scroll down.
- Find the “Model number” option.
Go to Google and type in the received number. It turns out that you are dealing with a Galaxy Note 3 smartphone that supports LTE technology. This is the simplest example. Everything works the same with tablets.
Incorrectly cut sim card
Some “craftsmen” themselves try to cut card modules, adjusting them to the nano standard. We do not recommend doing this kind of thing. The slightest violation of the dimensional grid will lead to damage to your property.
The phone does not see the SIM card
Have you inserted a module, turned on the gadget, but it does not want to perceive the card? There are many reasons for the problem. Let’s consider the most common:
INSERT SIM & SD CARD Samsung Galaxy A10, A20, A30, A40, A50, A70 (Dual SIM)
- SIM card blocking (usually happens after six months of inactivity);
- software failure;
- damage to contacts;
- natural wear and tear;
- lack of network connection;
- plug dirty.
How to insert a SIM card into a Samsung tablet
How to insert a SIM-card into “Samsung”. this question is tormented by many owners of tablets of this brand. If you have performed a similar operation with Galaxy smartphones, then you know about the need to use a key. Without this tool, pulling out the tray is problematic. What should owners of Tab 3 and similar devices do with a brand new SIM card? Let’s start with the good news. you don’t need a key for a tablet. Read our instructions. everything is there.
Installing a SIM card usually takes place without incident. But if something happens, don’t panic. Check the settings, make sure the airplane mode is not running. Reset the system, test alternative cards. If these steps are unsuccessful, go to the service center.
What to do with an unsuccessfully cut SIM card
When purchasing SIM cards, users often face the problem of cropping, since sometimes the provider does not have a combined format for SIM cards. Customers have to measure the size of SIM cards they need for the slot, and cropping is not always successful. If the chip is damaged, it will need to be replaced as the SIM card will not function. When explaining the reason in the communication salon, you must request a new card. The operator may require a passport when making an application.
How to install a regular SIM card in the Micro-SIM and Nano-SIM slot
Consider installing a SIM card in a slot in micro- and nano-SIM.
PIN code and PUK code
PIN (Personal Identification Number) is a code that is entered every time the mobile device is turned on (if PIN code protection is enabled on the phone). It serves to protect the phone from being used by unknown persons in case of loss of the device or theft.
Today the PIN is disabled on new SIM cards. You do not need to enter it when you insert a new SIM card into the phone.
The maximum number of attempts to enter the wrong code is 3. After the third, the SIM card will be blocked. To unblock the card after such a blocking, you need a PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) code. To unblock the SIM card and create a new PIN, you must enter the following combination: 05PUK1newPIN1newPIN1 #
PIN-2 and PUK-2 codes are needed to unlock some individual functions of the SIM card, but they are not used on modern SIM cards.
Using two SIM and USIM cards
Installing two SIM or USIM cards allows you to use two phone numbers or service provider with one device.
Incorrectly cut sim card
You are not dealing with an ordinary piece of plastic, but with a complex microcircuit. The slightest mistake will cause the SIM card to stop functioning. If the trimming is done incorrectly, contact your mobile operator. The service point will replace your device, keeping your tariff plan and current balance. Examine the markings for accurate orientation.
How to Insert SIM Card into Samsung: A Comprehensive Guide
Change SIM card with the operator
The easiest and most obvious way to reduce the size of a SIM-card is to replace it in the company salon of the mobile operator. The process takes a few minutes, and it’s completely free, and the phone number won’t change. The method can be problematic if:
- If you need to save contacts. Make sure that the contacts are transferred to the phone’s memory, or a backup is made. or as a last resort, write down the contacts with a pen, as the contacts saved in the SIM card will not be transferred to the replaced.
- Only the legal owner can replace his SIM card in any operator’s salon. that is, the person on whose passport this SIM card is registered. If the card is donated by someone, then the card needs to be reissued in the communication salon. The consultant will not issue a new SIM card to a person who is not the legal owner, as this would be fraudulent.
After replacing the old SIM card or buying a new one, it will be in the form of a special Combi-SIM. this is a full-size card that can turn into a micro-SIM in a couple of seconds.
Inside the micro-SIM / nano-SIM has a cutout along the contour. To get it, you just need to lightly press with your finger and squeeze it out of the larger border. There is no need to be afraid, it will break in the right places.
It is advisable not to throw out the frame itself. circumstances may turn out so that it can still be useful as an adapter for other phones in case of replacement.
The most common problem is associated with guessing the “key”. Popular tools among the people are paper clips, pins, needles. The more ideal the pin diameter is, the better. The second nuance is trimming the SIM card. Many Samsung owners cut the edges with scissors. in this case, you need to act precisely. The third problem is that the smartphone refuses to see the SIM card at all. Let’s see what can be done.
Using a paper clip
There is a paper clip in every home. Therefore, if you have not found a sewing machine needle, you will definitely find a paper clip! It is important to note that a paper clip can also open the SIM card tray on any phone, including iPhone, Samsung and LG.
- Take a paper clip, insert it into the hole in the SIM tray area, then simply push down to eject the tray.
How to remove the SIM card from the tablet
Modern tablets practically do not differ from smartphones in the arrangement of the SIM card tray. Try using the needle or “U”.shaped staple described above. It is likely that one of these methods will probably work for you. Just in case, we will remind you how to make a brace-tool, which will be a universal assistant in such cases. We will need:
- Staple with metal fasteners for papers;
- Needle files.
- Use pliers to remove the bracket from the bracket. One piece is enough.
- Change the shape of the bracket to “U”.shaped. Adjust it to fit your tray.
- Use the file files to round the corners of your newly formed tool, making them more grippy. This will help you hook the SIM card slot with less effort, spending a minimum of time.
- Gently and unhurriedly, insert the bracket inside so that it hooks onto the SIM card slot and memory cards. You may need to repeatedly resize your tool based on the dimensions of the slot that is stuck.
- If you feel you have snagged the slot, align the small bracket first to avoid aggravating the situation. This mistake is made by many users who, with a sharp movement, try to get the desired card, unfolding it with the uncomfortable side.
- Gradually remove the bracket with the tray or SIM card. We emphasize that gradually remove the tool so as not to damage the sim card.
What are the types of slots for a SIM card
In the process of development, telephones received different technical solutions for the design of the case. The SIM card slot has also undergone changes. In the early 2000s, a mini-SIM was used. She needed a fairly large tray. It was located, as a rule, under the battery.
This caused certain inconveniences when installing and removing the card. To get to the slot, you first had to turn off the smartphone, remove the back cover and remove the battery. The process of replacing the SIM card thus took some time.
Later, when the format of SIM cards changed, models appeared in which the slots for them were removed from under the battery and it became unnecessary to remove it when replacing the SIM card.
When the Nano format replaced Micro-SIM, smartphones with two slots for different types of SIM cards appeared: one for Micro-SIM, the second for Nano. In recent years, mobile devices have been released with two slots for nano format.
Today there are several types of SIM card slots:
- separate trays that can be accessed by removing the rear cover;
- slide-out slots for two SIM cards or one SIM card and a memory card;
- slide-out slots combined for 2 SIM-cards and a memory card.
For the sake of economy, manufacturers often put combined slots in a smartphone, into which you can install either two SIM cards or one SIM card and a memory card. Better to find a smartphone with a slot that has three trays. Then you can use two SIM-cards and a memory card.
Installing a SIM card in a Samsung Galaxy smartphone
You can install two SIM or USIM cards to use two phone numbers or service providers on one device. In some places, the data transfer rate may be slower if two SIM cards are installed in the device instead of one.
Use only a card of the correct format.
Don’t lose or let others use your SIM or USIM card. Samsung is not responsible for damage or inconvenience caused by loss or theft of the card.
Insert the ejection pin into the hole in the slot to slide it out. Make sure the extraction pin is perpendicular to the hole. Otherwise, the device may be damaged.
2. Carefully pull the slot out of the corresponding connector.
3. Place the SIM or USIM card in the tray with the golden contacts facing down.
4. Gently press down on the SIM or USIM card to lock it into the slot. If the SIM card is not seated properly, it may fall out of the slot.
5. Insert the slot back into the corresponding slot.
If a wet slot is inserted into the device, it may damage the device. Make sure the slot is dry.
Fully insert the slot into the connector to avoid liquid entering the device.
SIM card formats
SIM cards are divided into 3 types based on their size:
Mini-SIM (full size).
Mini-SIM is called a standard uncut SIM card. Its dimensions are 25×15 mm. As a rule, such a SIM card was inserted into phones manufactured before 2011. Modern models do not support this SIM-card format, but this does not mean that it cannot be used.
For the first time this SIM format was used by Apple in the iPhone 4. The dimensions of the micro-SIM are 15×12 millimeters. Most smartphones today support Micro-SIM. After Apple, the SIM card was used by NoKia, and then by Samsung, HTC and other manufacturers.
The latest generation SIM and the smallest of them all. Its size is only 12×5 millimeters. The card itself looks like a chip with a small plastic edging. It was first used by Apple. The first phone that received Nano-SIM support was the iPhone 5. After that, Meizu and Samsung connected.
Visually, the differences between all types of SIM cards are as follows:
Using a sewing machine needle
The sewing needle has a similar structure to the special keys. As a result, it is universal for removing the SIM card tray on any mobile device. In addition, a sewing needle is present in almost every house or apartment where there is a woman.!
- Take a thin needle, insert it into the hole that is located in the area of the SIM card tray, and then simply push in order to eject the tray.
How to Install SD and SIM Card into Samsung Galaxy A10
How to insert a SIM card into Samsung a 10
If earlier, in order to install a SIM card in a smartphone, it was necessary to remove the back cover and remove the battery, now everything is a little different. phones are becoming thinner, and manufacturers are trying to make their cases (conditionally) not collapsible. How to insert a SIM card into Samsung and start using your mobile device fully?
At the moment, in almost all modern smartphones, the installation of SIM cards and memory cards is very similar to each other.
Installing a SIM card
The first thing to do is to find on the device case the cover of a special tray located on one of the side faces.
As a rule, it is placed on the left and equipped with a special hole for the “key”. Some smartphones have two trays at once, but most mobile devices have one at a time.
Even a simple needle or paper clip can act as a “key” (which comes with a smartphone), because all you need is to insert it into the hole in the tray and easily push it inside. This will allow you to open the tray, which you then need to gently pull out with your fingers.
- for one SIM card;
- for two SIM-cards;
- one hybrid tray (in which you can install two SIM cards or one SIM card together with a memory card);
- two trays (one for SIM cards, and the other for a memory card);
- two trays (one for a SIM card, and the other for a SIM card and memory card).
For example, the Samsung Galaxy A6 smartphone has two trays, where one holds a nanoSIM SIM card, and the second holds another SIM card and microSD memory card.
You need to try very hard to install the SIM cards incorrectly, since they have a special bevel (“key”, “guide”) at one of the corners and somehow other than correctly, they do not allow the SIM card to enter the slot. The same goes for the memory card.
After the SIM cards are installed in the slots, carefully insert the tray (or trays) into place and press them against the body until they are completely closed.
If everything is done according to the instructions, the signal levels of mobile networks will be displayed in the status bar, and information about the memory card connection will appear in the notification panel.
What to do if Samsung does not see the SIM card?
Sometimes there are situations when Samsung does not see the SIM card. In this case, the problem may lie in the improper installation of the SIM card (for example, when cutting it yourself), a problem with the SIM card itself (the microprocessor is out of order, mechanical damage), the SIM card does not comply with the standards of the networks supported by the smartphone, or the SIM card has expired.
In some cases, this can be observed on old SIM cards when operators move from 3G networks to 4G coverage.
In any of the options, the most correct solution would be to replace the SIM card with a new one at the center for working with clients of your mobile operator.