How to get rid of junk and free up space on iPhone
Have you ever seen a message notifying you that you can no longer take a photo with your iPhone until you delete some of the data and free up space? As long as Apple will offer iPhone customers with 16 gigabytes of storage, the problem will remain relevant. There are several ways to free up memory while still keeping your favorite apps and cleaning up your library. Colleagues at iDB have listed all.
Unfortunately, our smartphones are full of junk that takes up storage space. Trash is temporary application files and other data that you probably won’t need. In this case, the garbage can take up several gigabytes on your device. Removing it is a temporary fix and it will reappear over time. However, in the case when you really need free space, and deleting applications and photos is unacceptable, the following tips will help you.
Perform a forced reboot
Remove cache in settings
Some apps allow you to clear their cache from device settings, but not all. Go to the General settings section, then to Storage and iCloud, and in the “Storage” tab, click Manage. Safari is a good example of an application that allows you to remove temporary data from preferences. Delete the data that you think is taking up too much space.
Delete the cache in the applications themselves
Not all applications allow you to clear the cache from the settings, but you can try to find this function in the application itself. You can see in the settings how much the temporary files of the Tweetbot application take up, but you can get rid of them only in the settings of the application itself.
Reinstall space eating apps
You will be surprised how much space is freed up if you uninstall Viber, WhatsApp, and many others, and then install them again from the App Store.
This is a really effective method to get rid of trash for a long time. Just back up your device to iCloud or iTunes and then do a factory reset to delete the content. The reset menu is located at the very end of the General settings section. You will have to go through the device activation procedure again and restore the data and settings from the backup. Before you reset, you should make sure that the backup has been created and the password for your Apple ID account is firmly in your memory.
Use apps to clean up space
Apple wouldn’t want you to use these kinds of apps, but they can be quite handy. Try PhoneExpander or other apps you can find on Google search.
Take advantage of iOS capabilities
Apple engineers have worked hard to fix the memory problem by adding a few clever features and tweaks to iOS. Here is a list of what you can do to try and increase the free storage space on your iPhone.
- Disable Photo Stream
- Disable saving originals of photos and videos on iPhone
- Clear your custom dictionary
- Disable Enhanced Quality for VoiceOver
- Get rid of system languages that you don’t use
- Disable background refreshing for as many apps as possible
- Remove or rebuild mail accounts
- Do not store photo and video attachments in the Messages app
- Clean up the album with recently deleted photos
- Shoot FullHD videos instead of 4K
- Disable and re-enable Siri to clear function cache
- Turn off unwanted apps in Spotlight
- Sync your device with iTunes. This will delete the application data from the device and transfer it to your computer.
- Disable iCloud sync for unnecessary data
How to free up space on iCloud?
After going to Settings → Apple ID (your first and last name) → iCloud → Manage storage, you will probably see the “heaviest” sections “Backups” or “Photos” at the top of the list. They are the ones who litter the place in iCloud. Delete unnecessary files to free up space in Apple cloud storage.
In addition, you should disable the future creation of automatic backups to iCloud (completely or selectively).
To completely disable iCloud backups, go to Settings → Apple ID → iCloud → Backup and disable the Back up to iCloud option.
The optimal option for most users is to manually specify files when creating backups (selective prohibition on copying Media Library data).
Go to Settings → Apple ID → iCloud → Storage Management → Backups;
Move the “checkbox” opposite the item “Media Library” (and other applications as desired) to a passive position;
In the same menu, click the “Delete copy” button to clear the cloud;
Return to Settings → Apple ID → iCloud → Backup to iCloud and create a new copy without gluttonous photos and media files.
Why iCloud memory ran out
Of course, 5 GB by modern standards is not very much, to put it mildly. However, even this memory is often filled with data that is not really necessary for the user. Usually, the lion’s share of disk space is “eaten up” by backups unnecessary to most, as well as photos and media files, moreover, saved twice.
How does this happen? When the Back up to iCloud option is enabled, the device, being connected to a power source and Wi-Fi, automatically copies the entire library to the cloud, and then additionally creates a backup copy, which also includes all media files.
Why did we call iCloud backups unnecessary for most users? Because, first of all, users are interested in recovering contacts, notes and photos. You don’t need to use automatic iCloud backup to save your contacts, notes, and photos to the Apple cloud. Here you should understand the difference between the concepts: Backup to iCloud and Synchronization with iCloud. We talked about this in detail in this material.
How to check how much free space is left in iCloud?
It’s quite easy to check this. go to Settings → Apple ID (your first and last name) → iCloud → Storage. The diagram that appears will visually represent the iCloud storage, including the volume used and sorting by content type.
How to Free Up iCloud Storage (& Never Worry About It Again)
Free space on iPhone or iPad is not the same as free space on iCloud
Unfortunately, many users, seeing on the screen the message “Cannot create a backup for this iPhone, because there is not enough free space in iCloud”, without understanding its meaning, begin to delete everything, freeing up the storage of the iOS device.
- Free space on iPhone or iPad. the remaining space on the iOS device’s storage (internal storage). Everything that is downloaded to the device is stored here (software, applications cache, downloaded and created photos and videos, etc.).
- ICloud Free Space. Remaining iCloud cloud storage space. Mainly iCloud cloud is intended for creating automatic backups, as well as for syncing personal data.
How do I increase my iCloud storage? It’s not free?
You can change your iCloud storage plan by going to Settings → Apple ID (your first and last name) → iCloud → Manage storage → Change storage plan.
Current billing plans for iCloud space and their prices:
How to free up iCloud, or how to clear Apple cloud storage
As you know, Apple gives each registered user (when creating an Apple ID) 5 GB of disk space in the iCloud cloud for free, but many owners of iDevices fill up the storage in a matter of weeks and then face the problem of creating a backup copy, copying important data, etc. It is noteworthy that in 99% of cases this situation is the result of incorrect synchronization settings.
How to view old iCloud backups?
- Select and view your iCloud account. If your iCloud account is added to iPhone Backup Extractor, it will display your iCloud accounts on the left side of the app under iCloud Accounts.
- Select the iCloud data you want to recover.
How to permanently delete photos from iCloud?
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Photos app.
- Go to the “Albums” tab.
- Click “My Photo Stream”.
- Click “Select”.
- Select one or more photos by pressing. Selected photos are marked with check marks.
- Click the trash can icon. Click “Remove [number] photos”.
How to delete photos from iCloud storage?
To clean up iCloud and free up space, you can upload photos and videos to your computer and then delete them from storage. To do this, go to “Settings” “Apple ID” “iCloud” “Manage storage” “Photos” “Disable and remove”.
How to free up space on your phone without deleting anything?
How to free up smartphone memory without deleting anything
- Clear Safari cache. For your convenience, the browser saves copies of the sites you visit in order to load it faster when you visit it again.
- Download movie Sounds strange, we wanted to free up the phone’s memory, didn’t we?
- Turn off Photo Stream
- Reinstall apps
- Delete long “conversations” in messengers
How to Clear iPhone Memory from Photos?
Select Settings [your name] iCloud Photos. Turn on iCloud Photos. Select “Optimize Storage” to free up extra space on your device.
How to increase iCloud storage for free?
Increase iCloud storage from any device
- Go to Settings [your name] iCloud Manage Storage or iCloud Storage.
- Click Buy Space or Change Storage Plan.
- Choose a tariff plan.
- Click “Buy” and follow the instructions on the screen.
How to delete old backups?
- On your Android device, open the Disk app.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the Backups menu icon.
- Click on the file you want.
- Select the desired section: To delete only MMS files, such as photos and videos, click MMS Delete.
What happens if you delete backups on iPhone?
WARNING: If you delete an iOS device backup that is stored in iCloud, iCloud will not automatically back up your device information. Instead of creating backups to iCloud, you can use the iTunes backup feature.
How to free up iCloud storage space on iPhone
To understand how to clear iCloud storage, it is enough to carefully read this material. Here you can find information on how to delete unnecessary data, clear memory and do this not only on a mobile device, but also on a computer.
Cleaning up iCloud storage via phone and computer
It is important to understand that the operations performed below will optimize your device by destroying unnecessary system and personal files.
With more memory space, the operating system has enhanced capabilities for adequate functioning
Deleting data via a mobile device
Regardless of whether you are using an iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 6S or iPhone SE, the procedure will be almost identical, the main thing is to pay attention to the version of the operating system. After all, to figure out how to clean Icloud on iOS 11 or older, you need to do the following:
- First you need to open the “Files” program.
- Then click on the “Review” item.
- Go to the “Locations” section and select “iCloud Drive”.
- Highlight the files you plan to delete.
- Once everything is highlighted, click on the trash can icon.
- Go to the “Recently Deleted” section.
- Mark the files you want.
- Use the “Delete” button.
Important! If you follow only the first part of the instruction, then the files will still be stored in your memory for 30 days. And to speed up the process of cleaning up memory, don’t forget to manually clean up the (Recently Deleted) folder
But this instruction does not reflect all actions. For example, to figure out how to free up space in iCloud storage on operating system 10.3 and earlier, it will be enough to follow these recommendations:
- Launch the iCloud Drive program.
- Use the item “Select”.
- Select all the necessary files.
- Click “Delete”.
- Use the additional item “Remove from iCloud Drive”.
Now you know how to clear iCloud storage and delete all unnecessary files from the cloud and free up memory using your mobile device. Next, we will analyze how to perform a similar procedure on a MAC
Deleting Data Using a MAC Computer
Many users use a high tech MAC computer. Therefore, it is not surprising that they are interested in what to do if the iCloud vault is full. There is nothing difficult in this, so we recommend that you use the following instruction:
- First you need to activate the functionality of iCloud Drive:
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Use the section “System settings”.
- Activate iCloud.
There are not many steps required, but they will only help if you are using a MAC. And to solve the problem on another computer, you need to use another instruction, which we will talk about further.
Freeing up memory through your computer
To remove unnecessary data from the cloud via a computer, you need to follow a series of steps. They look like this:
- To get started, download the iCloud for Windows program using our link.
- Log in to your personal account.
- Activate the iCloud Drive function.
- Go to the folder with the appropriate name.
- Highlight the files to be deleted.
- Use the “Delete” button.
Everything is very clear and will not take much time. Try not to make mistakes during the implementation of the recommendations and everything will work out.
Find out how to enter the storage, on the Iphone by clicking on the link, iCloud login to the account
Clean up memory via web version
There is one more option to delete unnecessary files. You will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the official iCloud website.
- Click on the icon called “iCloud Drive”.
- Select all the files you plan to delete.
- Click on the icon that looks like a trash can.
- Go to the “Recently Deleted” folder.
- Select all files.
- Click on the “Delete” button.
This is the last available way to delete files to free up memory. Now you have all the information you need, which will be at least useful to you.
In this article, we looked at ways to clean up iCloud storage. This can be done using a mobile device, MAC, regular computer, and even the web version of the cloud. Use the instructions provided, follow the recommendations carefully and there will be no problems.
Delete old voicemail
Don’t leave old voice messages gathering dust in your device’s memory. In order to remove them, go to the Phone application. Autoresponder, then select unwanted messages and click “Delete”. After that, be sure to go to the Phone. Deleted messages and press the “Clear all” button, only after that the old voicemail will completely disappear from the device’s memory.
Remove message attachments
Over time, attachments in the Messages application, especially if you are a texting lover, can start to take up a lot of space in the device’s memory. It is very easy to delete attachments while leaving the correspondence safe and sound.
Go to the Messages application, open any dialog and click on the “Details” button located in the upper right corner of the screen. Click and hold on the attachment until a pop-up menu appears. From this menu, select “” and start marking any attachments that you no longer want to see on your device. After that, you should click on the icon with the image of the trash can and confirm the deletion.
Set up your device as new
Quite a radical way, but, in fact, why not? Start the life of your iPhone and iPad from scratch, having previously made, of course, a backup copy of your data to iTunes and iCloud.
In order to set up your iPhone or iPad from scratch, you need to go to the Settings menu. Basic. Reset and select “Erase Content and Settings”. Please note that this process involves deleting all files and settings from the device, so double-check that backups have been created.
Delete the Safari cache
In addition to the previous method, deleting the browsing history of the Safari browser and search queries can also help clear some memory on the iPhone or iPad. This process is extremely simple. go to Settings. Safari, click “Clear History and Site Data” and confirm to clear.
Keep in mind that clearing browsing history on one device automatically deletes it on other devices linked by the same iCloud account.
Use iCloud Music Library
With iCloud Music Library, you can store optimized versions of your photos and videos on your device, leaving the originals in high quality in iCloud storage. This feature allows you to significantly save space on your iPhone or iPad, even if your media collection is not very large.
You can activate the option to store optimized photos and videos on your device in the Settings menu. Photo and Camera. Depending on the size of your library and your internet bandwidth, the initial sync process can take hours or even days.
Start Using Apple Music
It’s 2016 and fiddling with music collections, constantly syncing them to iPhone and iPad, is already tantamount to using CDs. Sure, there are more convenient ways to move music to devices other than iTunes (like MoboRobo), however, it’s best to start using Apple Music.
For just 169 rubles a month, you get access to over 30 million songs, personal selections, themed radio stations and more. In order to join the army of Apple Music users, you just need to go to the Music application and start the registration process.
Disable “Photo Stream
We do not leave the photo settings anywhere and look at whether the “Photostream” option is activated.
Need more free space? “Photo Stream” will have to be turned off!
After all, when the “Photo Stream” function is active, photos from all your devices are “loaded” on the iPhone. Thus, the film “expands”, and the free memory decreases.
Upload Photos to iCloud
With enough space in iCloud (let me remind you that only 5 gigabytes are given for free), all your photos can be sent to the cloud.
- Open “Settings. Photo”.
- Activating “iCloud Photos”.
- Select “Storage Optimization”.
- All your photos and videos go to iCloud.
- Only low-resolution thumbnails remain on the device, on which the “!” Icon appears (detailed instructions about the “exclamation mark” in the iPhone photo).
- Free up space on iPhone.
Cool? Not bad. But you need to remember one inconvenience. now, in order to view photos and videos, the iPhone must have access to the Internet. Without a network, you will only see the very same thumbnails in low resolution.
Clear “Other” section
Perhaps this is the most common reason for the “incomprehensible filling” of iPhone memory.
“Other”. where are you? How to find you?
This section can be seen in “Settings. General. iPhone Storage” or when connecting iPhone to iTunes.
- Unofficial app data.
- Unrecorded cache.
- Documents and files that are loaded into applications.
- Much more.
How to deal with it all?
The most reliable way is to create iTunes backup, restore firmware, restore backup.
Analyze and remove
The first step is to see what exactly is taking up the memory of your iPhone.
To do this, open “Settings. General. iPhone Storage”, scroll down the screen, look at the storage usage statistics and
Do we think for a long time about what is happening here at all? Why do some programs and applications take up so much space?!
Have you looked? Surprised? We begin to fight this disgrace!
It is clear that the scenarios for using the phone are different for everyone. each of us is “eaten up” by our programs. That is why, let’s look at the most popular reasons for “zhora” free space:
- A photo. Is your film taking up a lot of memory? It’s time to analyze its “composition” and remove all unnecessary (blurred and doubled photos, unnecessary screenshots, the “Recently Deleted” section). do a “general cleaning”. You will be pleased, and extra megabytes will be freed up on the iPhone.
- Music and podcasts. Similar to the previous point. See which music no longer deserves your attention, but still takes up space on your iPhone. delete it. Podcasts go there too 🙂
- Programs and applications. It seems to me that many have such applications that we do not use, but “They seem to be needed!” So. they are not needed. In conditions of memory deficit, it is better to get rid of them.
- Program and application data. In the process of using programs and applications accumulate data (cache, other information), which can take up a huge amount of space! Unfortunately, there is no way to delete an app cache separately from the app itself on iPhone. Here is such a wonderful system! Therefore, the only way to clear the memory of an application is to reinstall it. Yes, it is not always convenient, but there is no other way.
- Correspondence (SMS, iMessage, WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram and other messengers). ABOUT! It seems to me that this is the most popular reason for the lack of space on the iPhone. Agree, each of us has a person who constantly sends (sends) us pictures, vidos, postcards, etc. And these things are great “eat up” free memory. Try to delete a couple of such conversations. you will quickly free up a lot of free space on your iPhone.!
- Safari. In the process of use, the browser stores a huge amount of information. If you see that it has become too “thick”, then it can be cleaned. Open “Settings. Safari”, click “Clear history and site data”.
- Post office. Do you actively use email? Uploading attachments, graphics, documents, etc.? It can also clog up the internal storage of your device. It is not necessary to delete messages. If we are talking about a standard client, then sometimes the famous way. “Sign out and sign in” to your account helps. Cache and temporary files will be cleared and memory free.
- Downloaded but not installed version of iOS. Sometimes in the statistics of storage use you can find the mysterious item “iOS”, which takes up a decent amount of space. What it is? This is a firmware file that has been downloaded but not yet installed on your device. What to do with him? It (update) can be either installed or uninstalled. Memory will be freed. everyone will be fine.
In general, all of the above can be described in one short phrase. you need to put things in order. Open each application that, according to statistics, takes up a lot of space, and figure out what is happening:
- Or delete unnecessary data manually.
- Or reinstall the application (if possible, of course).
Have you deleted everything? Have you cleaned everything up? But there is still not enough space? Let’s go further!
How to free up space on iPhone? Step-by-step instruction!
Hello everyone! I’ll start with the most important and my favorite “Many iPhone users are faced with the fact that there is too little space on the phone. they really need to free up as much memory on their device as possible, otherwise something terrible will happen”.
The perfect start to the article! Not? It’s strange, because this is how most instructions on the Internet begin.
Well, okay, grumbled a little, let’s get down to business. Today’s note will be a step-by-step manual that the author of this blog personally uses when they come to him with the question: “Something on my iPhone is too little free space. I want to free memory quickly! See what you can do? “.
The article was published and then the author remembered
A good thought comes after © Folk Art
After all, I already wrote about one secret way to quickly clear the iPhone memory. a couple of simple steps and everything will be “OK”. As they say, be sure to pay attention!
Use the option “Download unused
An interesting feature that allows you to free up some free space due to rarely used applications.
- Activate the option (Settings. iTunes Store and App Store).
- Rarely used apps and games “disappear” from your iPhone.
- For their “appearance” you need an Internet connection.
So. And how is this different from normal deletion?
- The app shortcut remains on the device (a “cloud with an arrow” icon appears next to it). you don’t need to search for it in the App Store to download.
- According to Apple, the user information inside the program does not disappear anywhere (unlike the complete removal of the program).
In general, the thing is funny, but it is necessary to clearly understand “how it works”. And again, internet is required.
- Memory itself does not go away. see and analyze your iPhone’s storage usage statistics. Delete, clean up, get rid of unnecessary information.
- “Optimize iCloud storage” and “Download unused” are cool options that will help you free up a little (or a lot) of memory, but you need to be prepared for the fact that without access to the Internet you will suffer a little.
- Photo Stream is a great thing for anyone with an iPhone with a lot of storage. Little space? Consider disabling this feature.
- The “Other” section is an obscure gizmo, removing which, as a rule, will free up a decent amount of memory on your iPhone.
I hope that this step-by-step instruction will help your iPhone. its memory will be cleared, it will work faster and, in general, will learn to make a lot of money (I wanted to joke, but then I remembered that there is such an opportunity!). Be careful and everything will work out. Good luck!
How to free up space on iCloud?
Surprisingly, with Documents and Data, you can easily free up to one gigabyte of free space in iCloud. Again, go to “Storage and iCloud”. then “Manage”. Here you may learn a lot and understand why there is not enough space in the “cloud” for a new backup. So, for example, my iBooks files, which I have not used for a long time, took up almost half a gigabyte.
With 5 GB available on iCloud, an additional 0.5 GB is a breath of fresh air. And if you have a 16 GB iPhone, it is clearly worth trying to clean up “Documents and Data”.
How to remove them?
The easiest way to get rid of Documents and Data on your device is to reinstall the app. The same Instagram can be deleted and reinstalled in a couple of minutes, no data will be lost. It works in a similar way with online games (online, for offline games, the gameplay may be lost), which take up from hundreds of megabytes to a couple of gigabytes without any problems.
It is best to uninstall applications through “Settings”. “General”. “Storage and iCloud”. “Storage”.
What is “Documents and Data”?
On iOS devices, two types of “Documents and Data” are stored: the first is located directly on the device and takes up internal memory (cache and other application information), and the second takes up space in iCloud, where the data of installed programs is also stored.
iCloud Storage. How to Free Up Space
Sometimes “Documents and Data” of an application should not be touched. for example, in the case of Spotify, tracks available for offline listening will act as them, while in Navigator these are downloaded maps of the area. If you delete them, you will not be able to fully use the application. But there are some programs that do not need “Documents and Data” at all: the same Instagram, which with a “weight” of 32 megabytes can take up to one gigabyte of free space.
Longreads for you
Apple has launched a new service program under which anyone experiencing issues with iPhone 11 screen, can have your phone repaired for free. You only need to check the serial number of the smartphone on a special website
Have you ever washed your money in a washing machine? And some wash entire Airpods! And they lose them in the most unusual places. Here are the top stories of lost Airpods, and at the same time a couple of life hacks on what to do in such cases.
Blitz apps are apps that do not require installation, but run on iOS on an ad-hoc basis. Understanding why they are needed and how they differ from the so-called Instant Apps on Android
Deyatel, So I did not restore the device from a backup. Apps can store data in iCloud Drive. This has nothing to do with the copy of the device.
With the release of 9ki, I reflashed the bodies through dfu mode, set it up as a new one, tied it to my I’d. I set up my mail. contacts, notes, calendar. everything flooded from there. Installed applications. everyone that had synchronization with iCloud or Dropbox recovered their data without any problems.
Yes, set all the settings in a new way, yes, if you had your own ringtones, re-fill them through the tuna. But these are all little things. It all takes one evening at home. But space is freed up, the firmware is clean. there are fewer potential glitches, and a new copy in the cloud is two to three times less.
Go through all the storage items
Are your messages taking up too much free space? You can delete linked data! Is your iBook full of unnecessary books? And there are no problems, the main thing is to get into the settings and choose a method for clearing the data.
- iCloud stores important Apple ID account information, especially even those that appeared in the cloud a few years ago. And therefore, if another, now unused technique was previously tied to the Apple ID account, then some old backup copy necessarily remained in the storage;
This guess is definitely worth checking by looking in the “iCloud Storage” section, and then going down to the “Backups” item;
Cleaning from iPhone or iPad
If there is not enough free space and none of the settings for synchronization, parameters and other tools helped with adding free space, then you will have to follow a different path. clear iCloud storage. And there are many options:
Easiest Ways to Clear iCloud Storage from iPhone, iPad and Computer
iCloud is Apple’s proprietary cloud storage that allows you to synchronize data between different smartphones and tablets united by one Apple ID account, save music, photos, books and application information, create backups of files stored in the operating system, and at the same time use the Find iPhone “, which allows in a few seconds (with the correct settings!) to determine the location of lost or stolen equipment.
Access to iCloud is issued for free immediately after purchasing an iPhone, iPad or iPod, but with an unpleasant limitation. 5 gigabytes of free space on the cloud storage. Therefore, it is so important to know how to clear iCloud storage.
Why and what is filling up iCloud storage
The main space of the free iCloud cloud storage limit is consumed by operating system backups, which are automatically created and then updated several times a week, bringing the data to the most current form. If there is little space due to backups in the cloud, and there is an urgent need to keep only documents or messages there, then the “save backup copies” function can be turned off in “Settings”.
But it is better to shift the responsibility of saving data to a computer using a similar function in iTunes.
Photos are in second place in terms of iCloud storage spending. Again, the function of syncing images and videos is also turned off in the settings, in a few seconds.
At the end of the list, as a rule, there are documents (completely different. boarding passes in PDF format, recorded in third-party programs, books from iBooks or notes spiced with photos, Pages pages or Numbers tables) and messages transmitted via iMessage.
The example described above of how free space is consumed depends on what synchronization parameters are set, and therefore, even before dealing with the lack of space, it is worth delving into the offered options:
Open “Settings”, select the first item in the list (speech, about the latest versions of iOS) thematically related to iCloud, iTunes Store and Apple ID account;
Then it remains to place a checkmark in front of those programs and data that need to be transferred to iCloud;
The button “Manage storage” is also available right there, where the developers allow you to see exactly which data take up more free space, and start taking active steps to remove the excess.
Work with data on the official website
The developers of the service allow you to enter iCloud directly from the browser. just fill in two text fields for authorization (Apple ID login and password) and all the information added to the cloud storage will appear on the screen. From here, they are also allowed to work with the settings (but with some), look into documents and mail, and at the same time wash the bones with all contacts.
If you want to immediately get down to business. freeing up free space, then you should immediately look into the “Photos” section. This is where you can view all images, remove duplicate videos, find failed panoramas and other creative works that have not won fame. A few hours of sorting and iCloud will definitely become more free.
Cleaning from a computer
If for some reason it is not very convenient to free up space in iCloud using a smartphone or tablet, then you can easily change the working tool, armed with a personal computer. The procedure in this case is as follows:
Change the way photos are saved
If keeping recently taken pictures close at hand is extremely important (if not on your phone, then at least in the cloud), and you don’t want to uncheck the iCloud sync point associated with adding photos to the cloud, then you need to change the “Save originals” option. to the “Optimize storage” option. In the latter case, any images (even those that are uploaded on the network, without fail undergo a high-quality archiving procedure). There will be noticeably more space, and there will never be any problems with loading.