How to find iPhone from computer?
But first, a few caveats. The owner who had the misfortune to lose his iPhone or iPad, or who is sure that the device was stolen, will be able to find the device on his own only if the following conditions are met:
- it is signed in to the Apple ID;
- geolocation is enabled (tracking location using mobile networks);
- the “Find iPhone” option is activated. how to start it will be described below.
In other cases, you will have to rely on the help of outsiders, in particular, the user can:
- File a theft report (even if he himself lost his phone) to the police. The text will need to provide as many unique characteristics of the device as possible: its serial number, IMEI identifier, external signs, etc. It is not necessary to count on the agility of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, but the iPhone owner will definitely hear a few encouraging words. and this is always pleasant.
- Fill out an electronic form on the site. sndeep.info/ru or a similar online resource, indicating the serial number or IMEI of the iPhone that you want to find, your contact information and the amount of remuneration. all this will take less time than trying to figure out what is difference between iPhone and smartphone. The chances of finding the device in this way are also not very great, and besides, the user may stumble upon scammers who want to receive the promised money. but it is definitely worth a try.
- Submit missing announcements to all kinds of print and electronic media. of course, without neglecting the promise of a reward.
But instead of wasting time on the listed manipulations, the owner of the iPhone, who lost it himself or thinks that the device was stolen, can find the device from the computer by logging into iCloud.
As already mentioned, this is only possible if the corresponding functions are activated on the device. If so, you can skip the next short instruction and immediately start searching; if not, but the phone is still with you. without delay, turn them on:
- Go to the “Settings” iPhone and tap on the avatar of your account located at the top. If you have not yet logged into it, first log in; it’s as easy as putting your iPhone into DFU mode.
- Go to the profile page and open the iCloud section.
- By moving the slider to the “On” position.
- Back in “Settings”, go to “Privacy”.
- And move the slider to the active position.
To find an iPhone with search enabled from a computer, the owner must:
- Go to the site. icloud.com in any convenient browser and log in to the same Apple ID account to which the device is linked by entering the login in the appropriate fields.
- In the menu that opens, you can not only find out the iPhone model, but also find the device that the user has lost or stolen. To do this, you need to click on the appropriate plate.
- By clicking on it, the user can see when the device last synchronized data with the network.
- If viewing in flat map mode does not allow you to properly understand where exactly the iPhone is located and track it, it is recommended to open the drop-down list at the bottom right of the screen.
- And turn on the “Satellite” or “Hybrid” mode. then it will be easier to find the iPhone, based on the image of the area from above, than to install the best games for the iPhone.
- Calling the drop-down list “All devices”.
- The user will have access to additional search capabilities. So, if there is an assumption that the iPhone was not stolen, but it was simply lost somewhere at home or at work, it makes sense to start ringing it by clicking on the “Play sound” icon.
- To ask the finder of the iPhone to contact the owner, select the “Lost Mode” option.
- Enter any six-digit lock code. without entering it, it will be impossible to access the device options.
- Indicate your contact number. mobile or landline.
- And in the next information window, there are other important data and notes: from home address and e-mail to the promise of a reward. Now it remains to click on the “Finish” button.
- As a result, the person who finds the iPhone will see the text of the message on the lock screen and will be able to call the number provided by the owner. otherwise, without knowing the access code, he will not be able to do anything.
- If the data stored on the iPhone is of particular value to the owner, and the confidence in the ability to find the device is getting less and less every hour, it remains, having resigned to the loss, at least to try to maintain confidentiality. to destroy personal information and disconnect the phone from your account by clicking on Erase iPhone button.
- Some time after the conducted “search activities”, the iPhone owner’s email linked to the account will receive a message about the current location of the device. with the ability to view the geolocation in the browser.
Important: even if a Google account is logged into the iPhone, it will not be possible to track the device on the corporation’s website. the account owner will be redirected to iCloud.
It is highly discouraged to use unauthorized online services on a computer that offer to find an iPhone by cell number, unique identifier, or even based on geolocation: currently, the efficiency of such resources is at best zero, and at worst, fraudsters will pull valuable personal data from the owner of the phone. data or under the pretext of prepayment of a more or less significant amount of money.
How to find an iPhone via another iPhone?
The easiest, and probably the only reliable way to track your iPhone with another is to use the default Find My iPhone app on your devices:
- Having borrowed a phone from another person or taking a spare device, the owner who lost the iPhone opens the application and logs in with his account by entering the Apple ID login in the upper field.
- .And at the bottom. the password, after which he clicks on the “Login” button.
- Lost iPhone search starts automatically.
- During the process, it is recommended to allow the program to access your geolocation. this way it will be easier to build a route from your point to the one where the device is located.
- As a result, the user will see a point on the map. it shows the last location of the iPhone.
- For scaling, it is enough to “expand” the map or, conversely, to “squeeze” it with two fingers.
- By clicking on the “Navigation” button in the lower left corner, the user can.
- Set local units of measurement for the map, as well as, as in your iCloud account, select the method for drawing the terrain.
- And to access additional search options, just tap on the icon in the lower right corner.
- Select your device associated with your account in the list that opens.
- And see the familiar list of possibilities. A little higher is the button with the car icon. by clicking on it.
- The owner, who wants to quickly find his iPhone, will build a driving route to the found point.
Important: here, by expanding the window, you can choose other ways to get to the iPhone, which was lost or stolen. on foot, by public transport, and even on a ride.
There are many third-party applications for the iPhone, which, according to the developers, allow you to find the device: Sensory, GeoZilla, Onlook, and so on. Their main disadvantages are paid and the need to first add the phone to the tracked list; if the device is missing, finding it simply by installing the application will not work. which means there is no point in considering these products in the context of finding a lost or stolen iPhone.
Can I find my iPhone if it’s turned off?
Tracking a disabled iPhone is currently not possible; development in this direction has been conducted by Apple for quite some time, but the end result available to the mass user is not yet available. The only chance for an iPhone owner is to find out the last location of the device, recorded when it was still active; the option is available only if the “Last location” slider in the “Find iPhone” section is set to “Enabled”.
How to find an iPhone from a computer or through another iPhone?
Both the very first iPhone and the newer models of technology from Apple, no matter how much they differ in terms of functionality, have one unpleasant, but inevitable, common feature: they can always be lost. or stolen. Fortunately, the situation is not so hopeless. it is quite possible to find your iPhone, even if it is turned off. How to track a lost or stolen phone. let’s try to figure it out.
The easiest and most reliable way to find an iPhone that the owner has lost or that may have been stolen is to go to the iCloud website from the computer and open the appropriate section. Similarly, you can track the device on another iPhone or iPad. in the mobile application, in addition to everything, the user will be able to build a route to the location of the phone. It is not recommended to use third-party services and programs. they are either completely ineffective, or only allow you to find the iPhone if it is pre-installed on the device.
Searching with another Apple device
- We go into the application through an available Apple device.
- We enter the account by entering the Apple ID and password of the lost smartphone.
- The screen will display a map with the last location of the device.
Through the app, the user can also enable Lost Mode or erase all iPhone data. To do this, just go to the “Actions” tab and click on the corresponding button.
It should be noted right away that in order to track the movements of a smartphone in real time via iCloud, the device must be:
- have access to the Web;
- have the “Find iPhone” function activated.
Is it possible to find a turned off iPhone? Unfortunately, even with the enabled data transfer and the “Find iPhone” function, the service will only be able to provide information about the last location of the smartphone before it was turned off. This can be useful if it is known for certain that the device was simply lost. If the theft was committed, then in this case the user must do everything to secure his personal files. And a cloud service can also help him in this.
The first thing an iPhone owner should do after purchasing and activating a new device is to enable Find My iPhone.
- We go to the “Settings” of the device. In the menu that appears, go to the user parameters.
- The function itself and the “Last location” option must be active. If they are inactive, independently move the “sliders” to the desired state.
With Find My iPhone enabled, finding a turned off iPhone via iCloud on your computer is as easy as shelling pears:
- We go through a PC to the official website of the service https://www.icloud.com/.
- Open “Find iPhone”.
- At the top of the display, select the lost device.
The last location of the selected smartphone is displayed on the map. Also, next to the name of the device, its status will be written. the moment when the geodata was last sent to the server. It will be very lucky if the inscription “Less than a minute ago” is displayed. the user will have more chances to find a smartphone.
Note! Apple cards are not very informative on the territory of Russia. Therefore, it is worth connecting images from Google satellites. You can do this in the lower right corner of the iCloud page by choosing instead of the standard “Satellite” or “Hybrid” view.
If the owner of the device pursues the goal not only to find the iPhone, but also to restrict its operation, thereby blocking access to confidential files, then he can use the “Lost Mode” function. After its activation, it remains only to write a message to the person who found the gadget: it can be a phone number for feedback or a convincing request to return the smartphone to the owner. This message will appear on the display of a locked iPhone as soon as it is turned on.
As a last resort, you can use the “Erase iPhone” function. Activating it will delete all device data and lock it.
How to find a turned off iPhone: the battery is dead
Apple has integrated several functions into its famous smartphones that can help the user find a lost iPhone, even if it is disabled. However, you cannot take advantage of these features without prior configuration. We are talking about the “Find iPhone” function, which is the main tool for finding a lost gadget.
Find iPhone by IMEI
IMEI. the identification number of the smartphone, which is located on the box of the device, and therefore is untouchable: it cannot be erased or altered.
IMEI is broadcast while the phone is connected to the cellular network. However, the mobile operator does not provide subscribers with information about the location of the gadget, even if there is evidence that the applicant is the legal owner of the iPhone. This fact can be influenced by an appeal to law enforcement agencies. Until this moment, the user can block the SIM card inserted into the lost smartphone.
Reporting to the police
When contacting the local authorities of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, you should have:
- the passport;
- original packaging with a readable IMEI;
- document confirming the purchase of the wanted phone (check or warranty card).
At the police station, the owner of the lost device will be asked to write a special statement, which indicates the date, time, place and circumstances of the loss of the smartphone.
Important! It is better to indicate in the application that the smartphone is lost, not stolen. So the case will be handed over to a telecom operator much faster, which will directly search for a smartphone by IMEI.
Find iPhone by IMEI or Phone Number
IMEI. this is a unique phone number. it is assigned to the device by the manufacturer. It’s almost impossible to change this code yourself. To find out it is enough to type the key combination #.
There are special services on the network for finding the iPhone via IMEI. Their principle of operation is similar to that described earlier. The user specifies a unique iPhone code and activates a search based on geolocation data. In practice, finding an iPhone in this way is almost impossible because:
- It is extremely rare, but cybercriminals still manage to change IMEI.
- To search for an iPhone, you need access to special equipment and operator databases. Such information is available only from law enforcement agencies.
The only way to find iPhone is by code. this is to place an ad on the LoSToleN service. This is the IMEI database of stolen devices. Their owners publish information about the lost phone and indicate the amount of the reward. Participants in the secondary market often check the devices for the presence of information in the database.
If the device is lit in offline mode in the Find iPhone application, it means that it is not connected to the network. That is, it will not be possible to carry out any manipulations remotely. It remains only to wait until it is connected to the network. A message will be sent to the e-mail address specified during registration about the activation of the Lost Mode.
If the screen was locked, then you will not have to wait long. It is enough to knock down the settings to the factory settings or reflash the phone. After that, the device will be reconnected to the network and the owner will be able to block it.
If Touch ID has not been enabled on the iPhone, and Lost Mode has not been activated, an attacker will be able to use the device. At the same time, disable the search function, it will not be able to restore iTunes. Also how to change Apple ID.
A couple more methods
If none of the above options helped, then you can use these methods.
Special applications and programs for iPhone search
To find your lost device, you can use a third-party application, for example, Find My Friends. The program works through the iCloud cloud service. Its main purpose. quickly determine the location of iPhone owners via GPS and 3G of those subscribers whose numbers are entered in the phone book.
The app also expands the capabilities of the Find My iPhone program. You can exchange data on the location of an object more than between two devices. Information about location data will be sent to any iOS device. The application also has a built-in parental control function. The program works with cards by contacts. The user will be able to continue the fast path to his friend. This function is especially useful if the guest does not know the way, and the inviter cannot personally meet and accompany the guest.
For security purposes, the user will be able to configure a “time window” during which other subscribers will receive information about his location. The interval can range from several hours to several weeks. Upon completion, the data transfer will be completed. The user can also completely “hide” from the outside world. The application also provides a “follow” function, with which you can send information about your movement to another subscriber within a certain period of time.
That is, using the Find My Friends program, you can easily find your lost phone. The application is available for devices with iOS 5 and higher. Let’s take a closer look at how to use the application.
The program will only work between devices on which the application is installed. You can add contacts only from iPhone, iPad or iPod by number or email address. The addressee must confirm the request to provide their location data. If contacts were added to the phone book from another Apple ID, they will have to be dragged into the new account:
- 1. “Find friends” “I”.
- 2. “Move friends from another Apple ID” “Move friends”.
- 3. Log in to the system by specifying the previous identifier.
To hide your location from other subscribers, you need to log in to the program, go to the “Me” section and disable the “Share location” function.
To turn off the display of information about your movements, you need to scroll to the “Share location” item in the “Settings” menu. Login iCloud and deactivate the option.
Can i find a lost or stolen iPhone
The hardest thing to track down is an iPhone with a dead battery. The latest generation operating system has built-in tracking functionality. Before disconnecting, the iPhone sends an SMS indicating the location. But the function can be used only after its activation. This way, you can easily track down a lost iPhone that is running iOS 8 with the battery disconnected.
How to lock an iPhone if it is stolen
If the iPhone cannot be found, it is better to block it to prevent an attacker from gaining access to the user’s personal data. To do this, turn on Lost Mode in the My iPhone program.
Next, following the instructions on the screen, you need to create a passcode. If you are trying to lock the iPhone of one of the family members on which the code is not set, then you need to log in to the Apple ID on behalf of the owner of the lost phone.
How to find your iPhone if it’s turned off
You must log in to the service website by entering your username and password. The registration information must match the one in the iCloud of the lost iPhone.
In the service menu, select the “Find iPhone” item. A city map will open. In the top All Devices tab, select your lost iPhone. The screen will display its location.
As long as Lost Mode is activated on the iPhone, you can lock the iPhone using a random set of numbers. If at this moment the device is connected to the network, then it is immediately blocked until the code is reset. If the phone is offline, then a message will be sent to the specified email box indicating the location.
The quality of the maps in the app is poor. Sometimes a city with a population of 200,000 may be located at the intersection of two roads. You can try to find an iPhone by switching the map to hybrid or satellite mode.
In Lost Mode, you can also send a message to the iPhone asking you to return the device.
iPhone Lost: What to Do?
There are several steps to take immediately after detecting that your iPhone has been lost. If the smartphone has been found by a respectable person, it is highly likely that these simple measures will work:
Call your number. Use the phone of a friend or work colleague for this. If you leave the device on the street, the call will attract the attention of a passer-by, who will be able to hand over the find to you for a modest reward. If you don’t have a phone from which you can make a call, use the “almighty” Internet. for example, you can dial any number from the www.iCantFindMyPhone.com website. If the call did not work, proceed with further actions.
Block your SIM card temporarily. To do this, it is not even necessary to personally come to the service office of the mobile operator. it is enough to call the hot mowing line number and give the passport data. This measure will allow you to protect yourself from an impressive minus on the account.
Change passwords through your computer. The iPhone stores all the passwords that you specified in its memory. If, say, you regularly transfer money via iPhone in your Sberbank-Online Personal Account, then the loss of the device may well endanger your well-being. An attacker gaining access to your social media page will threaten your reputation.
Take preventive measures so you don’t end up in a situation where all your passwords end up in the hands of an attacker. Use a password manager with one master code, which a person who accidentally finds a gadget will not be able to find out for sure. Learn more about password managers for iPhone (and more) here.
Think about where you’ve been lately and where you might have lost your device. For example, if you used a taxi service, you can dial an operator who will connect you personally with your driver. You can check with the driver if he has found an iPhone.
Advertise on social media. Perhaps some of your friends or colleagues know the location of the device.
How to use Find My iPhone?
If you have lost your gadget, but you know that the “Find My iPhone” function is enabled on it, find your iPhone or iPad from your computer like this:
Go to the iCloud website and enter your Apple ID and password.
From the main menu select “Find iPhone”.
Enter your iCloud password again.
You will see a map where the location of your iPhone will be marked with a green dot.
Using the buttons “” and “-” you can zoom in and out of the map.
If Apple maps don’t impress you, switch to Hybrid mode from the menu located in the lower right corner. You will see at home. this will probably help you to find your way.
If you have multiple Apple devices (for example, iPhone and iPad), select the lost one in the field “All devices”.
Click on the name of your lost or stolen iPhone, and you will open this window in the upper right corner:
Play Sound. If you press this button, the iPhone will beep shrilly, allowing it to be detected. The following message will appear on the screen:
Erase iPhone. Thanks to this function, you can remotely delete all the information contained in the memory of your smartphone. It is recommended to use the “Erase iPhone” option only in 2 cases:
if you have a copy of data created in iTunes or iCloud (this article will teach you how to create copies); if you no longer expect to find your phone and want to keep the information on the gadget secret.
If the data in the device’s memory is valuable and unique, there is no need to rush to delete it. Before attackers can get to the information, they have to crack the password, and this is not an easy task.
Lost Mode. Using this mode, you can lock the iPhone. we will use it.
Selecting “Lost Mode”, enter the password you created twice.
A casual passer-by who finds an iPhone will not be able to use the device, because he will not know this password. Also, he will not be able to hand over the smartphone to buy, since no one will accept a locked phone.
Indicate the contact phone number. it is on it that the person who found the smartphone will be able to call, because the number will be displayed on the screen of the locked device.
The contact number is entered at the request of the user. this is an optional requisite. If you want to skip this step, click “Next”.
At the final stage, the user needs to write a message that will be displayed on the display of the lost smartphone.
Click Finish. You will be returned to the original window where you can see that Lost Mode is pending. You will know that the mode is activated by the orange signature in the upper left corner of the window.
In addition, a message about the activation of the mode will be sent to the email address (which acts as an AppleID).
The message you wrote earlier will appear on the screen of the gadget itself.
You can leave the Lost Mode by clicking on the icon of the same name. In the window that appears, click “Exit Lost Mode”.
How to find a lost iPhone?
The loss of an iPhone is a tragedy for the owner, not only because this smartphone is quite expensive, but also for a different reason: according to surveys, 70% of owners of Apple gadgets store important information on their mobile devices, both personal and necessary for work and business. If a manager loses his iPhone (along with notes, emails, and spreadsheets), it can “stall” his organization for several days.
Fortunately, there is a chance to find a gadget. People who have lost their iPhone or iPad should put off self-flagellation and self-pity “for later” and take the steps outlined in this article first. Even if these measures fail to locate a lost iPhone, it will be possible to delete the data stored in the device’s memory to prevent it from falling into the hands of ordinary people or, much worse, business competitors.
How to find your iPhone if it’s off (low)?
It will not be possible to track the turned off gadget, but looking at its last location before turning it off is as easy as shelling pears. To do this, you should also use the iCloud website. The gadget in the list of devices will be listed as inactive, and on the map the label will be exactly where the program “saw” the iPhone until it “sat down”.
The option to show the last location is present on devices with iOS 8 and higher. it will not be possible to detect the iPhone 4 using it. This option also needs to be configured: go to “Settings”. “iCloud”. “Find My iPhone” and move the “Send Last Location” slider to the active position.
Apps to help you find your iPhone
Not only the built-in functions of the device can help to find the gadget, but also third-party applications available in the AppStore for free or for a moderate fee. These programs include:
How to enable Find iPhone?
The Find My iPhone function is activated as follows:
Go on your smartphone along the path “Settings”. “iCloud”.
In the “iCloud” section, scroll down, find the “Find iPhone” toggle switch and move it to the active position.
A dialog box will appear. in it select the “OK” option.
This does not complete the activation procedure.
Return to the main settings menu and follow the path “Privacy”. “Location Services”. “Find iPhone”.
In the “Find iPhone” subsection, switch the slider of the same name to the active position. When geolocation services are disabled, you will not be able to see on the map where the iPhone is located.
In addition, for the correct operation of “Find My iPhone”, the gadget must be connected to the Internet.
Contact If Found
The application makes it possible to create a desktop screen saver with the owner’s contact information. This program is free, but only installed on smartphones with iOS version 8 and higher.
How to find a lost iPhone if it’s turned off
Chances of finding a lost iPhone if it is turned off are there, although they are not so great.
Tips for finding your lost iPhone if it’s turned off:
- first, you should use the standard service and go to the site through the computer https://www.icloud.com/;
- after switching to the service, you must log in by entering your personal Apple ID and password;
- after logging into the account, a card will appear in front of the user;
- then the process of synchronization with the device will begin. A green or gray dot should appear on the map.
Green dot means the device is on and online.
A gray dot means that the phone is switched off or out of the network access range, in this case the coordinates of the possible location of the device will be displayed according to the latest data when the phone was switched on
then you can try to block your gadget using the “last mode” function.
to search for a missing or stolen gadget by IMEI / MEID number, you must contact the law enforcement agencies and provide them with the following documents: phone documents, IMEI number and purchase receipt;
Find iPhone app
Find iPhone is one of the most popular apps for finding a missing iPhone. Using this program, you can find a lost device, make a call to it or block a smartphone, thereby preventing unauthorized access to personal data.
- determining the location of the device according to GPS, GSM, Wi-Fi data;
- remote call to the device;
- smartphone lock;
- the ability to erase all stored information.
Important! To use the “Find My iPhone” function, you need to activate in the settings of the device, the “iCloud” service.
With the help of the “iLocalis” program, you can remotely control the gadget directly from a personal computer. If the phone was stolen, then the owner can make a remote call to the device or send an SMS message.
The program has the following features:
- location tracking;
- remote blocking of the device;
- remote backup;
- remote control using SMS commands.
Important! Due to restrictions in the “iTunes App Store”, this program will be available after the “Jailbreak”.
Available programs for distributing WI-FI from a laptop. Here.
How do I disable the firewall for a user? details further.
“Jailbreak” is a procedure that allows you to significantly expand the capabilities of the iPhone. “Jailbreak” allows you to support themes, install applications from third-party sources.
Important! “Jailbreak” provides users with full access to the file system of their gadgets and thus the owners violate the license agreement and lose technical support.
We remember where it is
If the device is turned on and is within the network coverage area, the location of the smartphone will be displayed on the map according to the latest data. The location of the gadget will be marked on the map as a small circle with information about its localization.
Using the map, you can almost accurately determine the location of the device and thereby find it.
In order not to lose and find faster, we will install
In order not to lose your smartphone and find it faster, you need to install applications on your phone that help you find your lost device.
Apps to help you find your lost or stolen iPhone:
- “If Found”;
- “Find My iPhone”.
To use the Find iPhone feature, you must first download it from the App Store. After the application has been downloaded to the device, it is necessary to authorize on the “iCloud” service.
In order to use the “Find My iPhone” function, you must first activate it in the settings.
Important! As a rule, the function is activated on the phone when the user configures the “iCloud” service for the first time, but there are cases when activation did not occur, so you need to do it manually.
In order to activate “Find My iPhone” manually, you need to do the following:
- first of all, the user needs to make sure that the version of the operating system is “iOS5” or higher. To find out which version of the OS is installed, you must select “Settings”. “Basic”. “Version”. If the OS version does not meet the requirements, you need to upgrade to the required configuration;
- first you need to go to the “Settings” menu;
- then you need to scroll the screen and select the “iCloud” service;
- then you need to log in to the service using your personal “Apple ID”;
- to activate, you must click on the button opposite “Find iPhone” and the function will be activated.
After activating the function, you can find the missing device through your computer at cloud.com.
To search for a device through a computer, you must:
- visit cloud.com;
- enter your personal Apple ID and password in the authorization window;
- then a map will appear on the screen showing the possible location of the smartphone.
Important! For users whose smartphone runs on the operating system “iOS 8”, you need to launch a function that allows you to send information about the last location of the device.
Send Last Location allows you to send your location data to Apple when your phone is running low on battery power.
After the location of the phone is determined, you can proceed with further actions.
When a user selects his device from the list, he is offered three different options for action:
- “Play sound”. play sound;
- “Last mode”. blocking the phone using a special security code;
- “Erase iPhone”. erases all stored personal information on the device.
Can I make calls from my tablet? The answer is here.
Details about each option:
- “Play sound”. if the phone was lost somewhere in the apartment, and you cannot find it, then by activating this mode, the smartphone will play a sound signal. The audio signal will be played at maximum volume even if the phone is set to silent mode;
- “Last mode”. protects the phone with a special code to prevent unauthorized access to confidential information. “Last mode” will prompt the user to enter a number for feedback, the person who found the smartphone will be able to contact the owner directly from the lock screen;
- “Erase iPhone”. allows you to erase all stored information from your phone. It is relevant to use this option when there is practically no chance of finding a phone, or the user is simply afraid that information may fall into unreliable hands.
Important! If the “erase iPhone” function has been activated and the information has been deleted, then it can be restored (if the phone was found) using a backup.
Lost iPhone menu selection
After activation and launch, you can start working in the program:
- after launching “Find My iPhone”, you must click on the “All devices” tab, which is located at the top of the screen, if the function is controlled through icloud;
- then a new window will open, where a list of devices that are linked to a personal “Apple ID” will be displayed.
Important! If the device is turned off or is out of the network coverage area, which makes it difficult to determine the location, then in this case it is necessary to activate “Notify me of a find” in advance. If the phone is turned on or is in the network coverage area, the user will be notified about this via the mailbox linked to the personal “Apple ID”.
Find a stolen phone if it is turned off
The loss of a handheld device is a shocking situation, but it is still possible to solve the problem of how to find the phone if it is turned off. The main thing is not to waste time. After all, the more you pull, the less chance of success. After all, if it was stolen, they will probably think how to sell it as quickly as possible. And so that the smartphone does not end up on the other side of the country, or even abroad, it is recommended to immediately start searching, guided by the instructions below.
It is important to consider that a switched off iPhone is easier to find than smartphones based on Android, but so that they cannot be found at all. absurd. The detection methods are of course different, but each device will be found thanks to the identification of the device by the operator, as well as the built-in GPS functions and Google services, which we will talk about below.
How to find a lost phone if it is turned off
First, we will consider the methods of self-determination, and then we will begin to help the relevant authorities, and we will tell you how to act correctly to achieve a result quickly.
To determine the geolocation of the switched off phone, you will need to download iCloud and log in with the AppleID iPhone data. And then go to the Find iPhone section. On the page displayed, you can view the last known location of the device while the smartphone was still on. Every time an intruder turns on the phone, you will see the last location of your iPhone. In addition, you can lock the device in advance by displaying a message about the lock with a request to return the phone.
The last option to find your phone when it is turned off
If there is no success in the first two methods, you need the help of law enforcement agencies, as well as documents confirming the purchase of a smartphone (check), on which the IMEI code is written. At the police station, a statement is drawn up, which indicates the IMEI, and the number used on the device. Law enforcement agencies check information from mobile operators and determine the location at the moment when the device appeared on the network.
Even if your card is replaced, it will not hurt to identify your smartphone by IMEI, because this is the standard device identifier in the general mass of phones. The operator only needs to enter the device code and he can instantly determine its location, provided that it is turned on. After all, if the battery is removed, then the detection mechanisms cannot work in any way. We can only wait for it to appear again on the network.
How to find a lost phone if it is turned off
Unfortunately, Android smartphones do not have a similar function, and therefore, you can determine their location only by using the Google service to determine the location of devices connected to your account. But then you will have to sit all day and press the update button, in the hope that the attacker will launch the device and you will be able to see its location. You can automate this process by installing an autoclicker, which will automatically activate the mouse click button on a timer (macro). And leave the computer in this mode. When the phone appears on the network, you can see its last location.
Here you can track a person’s location by subscriber number.