If your gadget hangs at the boot stage, you can use the “hard reset” through the system menu. To do this, you need to do the following.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press three buttons on the device at the same time. “power”, “sound up” and “home” (center button on the panel). In some cases, you don’t need to press the third button.
- After the gadget starts up and the “Samsung” logo appears, release the power button, but continue to hold the rest.
- If the menu does not appear, then try another key combination.
- In the Recovery menu, use the volume buttons to control the pointer and find the item Wipe Data or Factory reset.
- Use the power button to confirm.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- In this case, the device will not turn off. After deleting the data, you will be returned to the main menu, where you will have to select the Reboot system now item.
What else needs to be done before resetting “Samsung” to factory settings? Synchronize your contacts first.
- Go to phone settings and select Google account.
- Then specify “Sync”.
- Synchronize all the data you need. This way you can restore all contacts and files on another device.
Before you restore the factory settings of “Samsung Galaxy”, you can reset all data from the flash drive to the corporate cloud. This operation is carried out all in the same tab of the “Cloud and accounts” settings. If you do not have access to the Samsung cloud, you can use Yandex.Disk or Google Drive. Remember that if you use data encryption for a flash drive, then when you reset to factory settings, “Samsung” will delete the access key (decryptor) and the data will become inaccessible. So be sure to copy them to the cloud.
In addition to the above method, you can also use backup and restore. This method will also require you to be connected to the Internet and is no different from cloud storage.
The first way
So, we finally got to the method of how to reset “Samsung” to factory settings. There are two ways to solve this problem.
- Turn on your phone.
- Enter device settings.
- Next, you need either “General”, or immediately the “Archive and reset” item. In rare cases, it can be “Confidentiality”.
- After that select, respectively, “Reset device”. Item description may differ depending on phone firmware.
- Next, you need to click “Delete all” or “Reset device”.
- After that, the gadget will restart. As with the first startup of any device, it may take a little longer than usual.
Thus, you can easily delete all your data and fix a number of software errors.
How do I reset the settings on “Samsung” to factory settings? Instructions
When using any technique, people often have various problems, because of which they involuntarily want to rewind time and not make this or that mistake. Fortunately, this does not apply to mobile gadgets. Knowing how to reset the settings on “Samsung”, you can roll back all changes to the basic (factory) settings and start using your phone or tablet from scratch.
Before resetting the settings to “Samsung”, be sure to check the version of your operating system (“Android”). The fact is that starting from version 5.1 “Google” has implemented an anti-theft system in its product. It lies in the fact that if the user does not delete his Google account in advance, then after returning to the basic configuration he will not be able to turn on the device until he enters the old data.
- Turn on the device and go to the main menu.
- Then you need to go to “Settings”.
- Now we are interested in the “About device” tab
- Scroll down the screen and find the line with the version of “Android”.
If you have lost your gadget and do not want someone to use your data, you can remotely wipe your phone. This option is also possible. But only on condition that the gadget remains turned on and with an active Internet.
- Go to the main page of “Google” and log into your account.
- Then open the app drawer and click “My Account”.
- Next, you need to select “Phone search”. Despite the name, tablets are also easily detected.
- Select the desired device and select “Delete all data”.
After that, you will need to re-enter your account password. If double authorization is enabled, instead of SMS, you can send a confirmation letter to your mail.
Despite the fact that we are considering the question of how to reset the settings on “Samsung” in a quick way, there are a few things that will have to be done manually. As we found out above, in order for the data to be completely cleared, on “Android” version 5.1, you need to manually demolish the “Google” account. How to do it?
- Go to the settings in a way you already know.
- Next, you need the “Cloud.” Some models may not have it.
- Then you need “Accounts”.
- Choosing a Google account.
- Press the “Menu” button of the phone or “Options” on the screen.
- Tap “Delete Account”.
You can now delete your Samsung phone settings. How exactly to do this, we will describe below.
The phone does not turn on
Now you know how to reset Samsung. If your device won’t start after a data reset, try the following tips.
- Reflash your phone. If you are confident in your abilities, you can do it yourself using a computer. Or take it to the service.
- Discharge your phone to DO zero and then charge to 100%.
- The simplest and most technical bugs can be solved jointly on various technical forums.
- If all else fails, contact the service center. It will be better if you do this before any serious manipulations with the gadget, since independent attempts to solve problems can lead to a denial of free service and void the warranty.
Reset via settings menu
The easiest method is through the menu of the device. This will require:
- Go to settings.
- Select “General settings”.
- Then “Reset”.
- Open the section “Data reset”.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- The device will reboot and the data and settings will be deleted.
How to reset Samsung to factory settings
How to factory reset Samsung? On Galaxy tablets and smartphones, you can easily complete this procedure. After reading our material, you will learn about possible methods for Hard Reset and receive instructions.
What is a data reset and why is it needed?
Not only Galaxy, but all Android smartphones have a full reset. When this function is activated, the device is rolled back to the factory settings. You get your phone completely clean, just like out of the box.
- Transfer all important files from phone to flash drive.
- Make a backup. It will allow you to restore information, save the user a lot of time.
- Go to settings and delete your Google account. Otherwise, the smartphone will ask you to log in to this account after turning on.
Why would a full reset and factory reset be required? Let’s list the common reasons:
- There are problems with your phone. If they cannot be solved by standard means, then it is recommended to perform a full reset. It is not uncommon for a system rollback to factory defaults to help users.
- You are about to implement an old device, or give it to someone else. Naturally, it is better to erase a huge amount of personal information so that third-party people do not get access to it.
- Before or after OS upgrade. The developers recommend performing a “clean” installation so that errors from the old version of the operating system do not migrate to the new one.
How to Factory Reset Samsung? Consider the main ways to rollback the system on devices from a Korean manufacturer.
Reset with buttons
Forgot your unlock password or your device just won’t turn on? Then you can use another method. using the Recovery menu. Moving between items in it is carried out on the volume rocker, and the choice of an option is on the power button.
- When the device is turned off, you need to hold down the volume up, power and Home buttons.
- When the logo appears on the display, release the power key.
- Wait for the Recovery menu to load.
- Select the item “Wipe data / factory reset”.
- Then. “Yes”.
- Select the item “Reboot system now”.
- The device will reboot and the data will be erased.
How to factory reset Samsung? The latter method is used much less often. using the service code. Need to:
- Launch the system application “Phone”.
- Open dialer.
- Enter code 27673855 #.
- The device will reboot and the user information will be deleted.
How to reset Samsung?
There are several ways to reset the system:
- Via OS menu.
- Through Recovery.
- Using the service code.
Have you used Hard Reset to get rid of problems with your device? If rolling back the settings did not help fix the problems, then you can try flashing. Additionally, you need to seek help from specialists at an authorized service center.
Does the device freeze and slow down after a reset? You must also contact the service center. You may need to perform an OS update so that the owner can continue to use the device.
If the device asks for a password from a Google account. then you need to enter it. Forgot your credentials? Then they need to be restored through the official website. https: // accounts. google. com / signin / v2 / recoveryidentifier source = esir flowName = GlifWebSignIn flowEntry = ServiceLogin. If you do not remember your username and password. then you need to contact an authorized service center. by providing documents. confirming the purchase of the device.
This hard reset option is applicable when the device cannot boot the system. for example, during a cyclic reboot (bootloop).
- Turn off your device. To enter “Recovery Mode”, simultaneously hold down the buttons for turning on the screen, “Volume Up” and “Home”. If your device does not have the last key, then just hold down the screen turn on plus “Volume Up”.
- When the standard screen saver appears on the display with the inscription “Samsung Galaxy”, release the screen power key, and hold the rest for about 10 seconds. The recovery-mod menu should appear. If it did not work out, repeat steps 1-2 again, while holding the buttons a little longer.
- Once you have access to Recovery, press the Volume Down button to select Wipe data / factory reset. After selecting it, confirm the action by pressing the screen activation key.
This system reset option will clear memory bypassing Android, allowing you to fix the bootloop mentioned above. As in other methods, this action will delete all user data, so a backup is desirable.
Service code in the dialer
This cleaning method is possible using the Samsung Service Tag. Works only on some devices, and it also affects the contents of memory cards, so we recommend removing the USB flash drive from the phone before use.
Open your device’s dialer app (preferably standard, but most third-party apps work as well).
The device will immediately start the reset process and reboot when finished.
The method is extremely simple, but fraught with danger, since no warning or confirmation of the reset is provided.
Summing up, we note that the process of factory resetting Samsung phones is not much different from other smartphones on Android. In addition to those described above, there are more exotic reset methods, but most ordinary users do not need them.
Instructions for resetting settings from the recovery menu
As a result, you will receive the phone in the same condition as immediately after purchase. All data will be deleted.
How to reset smartphone settings to factory settings
What are the ways to return the smartphone to its original condition?
The device does not turn on
All versions of devices running Android 5.1 and higher are equipped with Google FRP theft protection. If you reset all data to the factory state of the phone but do not delete the Google account before this, then the device will be blocked and will not turn on without entering the data of the previous account, that is, its username and password.
Using the Recovery keys
If you cannot use the first method, there is a way to recover through the Recovery mode. To enter this mode, you need to hold down a certain combination of buttons on the switched off smartphone. The combination of buttons depends on the manufacturer of your device. Below are the key combinations that are used to enter recovery mode in most smartphone models.
- Power button Home button Volume button or
- Power button Volume button or
- Power button Home button Volume and
- Power button volume button and
In most cases, the Recovery menu looks like this.
Navigation is done using the volume buttons. Selection. with the power key. To reset the settings, select the “Wipe data / factory reset” item. The phone will reboot and return to factory settings.
Factory reset (hard reset) for Samsung Galaxy A10 phone
There are many reasons why you may need to perform a Hard Reset on your Samsung Galaxy A10 smartphone. Typically, this procedure is performed to restore the health of the system, which has been violated by viruses, deleting system files, “clumsy” firmware update and many other things. Hard Reset is very easy to perform on any smartphone, but you should be aware of the consequences of this action and be able to back up the system and files. We will describe all this in detail below.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy A10 Phone from Settings Menu?
Attention! Because of FRP (Factory Reset Protection, that is, protection against reset), Android will ask you to enter your account login and password, which was assigned before the Hard Reset procedure. Therefore, if you plan to sell a smartphone, you must log out of your Google account (“Settings”. “Accounts”. “Google”. “Delete account”) before resetting so that the person who receives your phone can activate his profile on it.
Given the wide range of Android phones and the difficulty of describing the factory reset process for a specific model, we will show the guide using three fundamentally different devices and firmware as examples:
- Mi A1 on pure Android, which is also used in NoKia, Motorola, OnePlus (has a slightly redesigned system) and in all devices released about the Android One program;
- Galaxy S7 running Samsung Experience. Recall that the Korean corporation is the largest smartphone manufacturer in the world, so it makes sense to show this shell too;
- Redmi Note 5 on MIUI. The products of this company are in great demand in the CIS, so we could not ignore it.
The easiest way to do Hard Reset is through a special menu in the system parameters. Note again that the location and name of the items may differ slightly depending on the phone used. The main thing is to find the main category for recovery and reset.
Redmi Note 5 (MIUI firmware)
- Open “Settings”.
- Go to the “Advanced Options” window.
- Click on “Backup and reset”.
- Select “Factory data reset”.
- To remove absolutely all applications and files, check the “Clear internal memory”.
- It remains to click on “Reset settings” and enter the password, if required.
Attention! As you can see, the main thing is to find the “Reset” section. In order to be guaranteed not to “wander” in all parameters in search of the desired menu, it is easier on the main page to enter the query “Reset” in the search box. Select the desired menu from the proposed list and you will immediately get into it. And then everything is as in the instructions.
Samsung Galaxy S7 (shell Samsung Experience)
- Go to the settings in a way convenient for you.
- At the bottom, click on the “General Settings” tab.
- Select “Reset” (“Backup and reset”).
- Tap on “Reset data”.
- Click on the blue reset button.
- Enter the device PIN and click “Next”.
- Click on “Delete All” (“Reset Device”).
Your phone will restart. It will remain to customize it as after purchase.
Xiaomi Mi A1 (pure Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the application menu or launch them using the icon in the notification shade.
- Scroll down and go to the “System” section.
- Click “Reset”.
- Select “Erase All Data” (“Reset to Factory Settings”).
- Confirm your intention by pressing the button below.
- Enter the device PIN and click “Continue”.
- Select “Erase All”.
The device will reboot and you will need to go through the initial setup again as if it were a new phone.
How to create a backup?
Attention! Resetting will erase all data on your Samsung Galaxy A10 phone. If you have not backed up your contacts, images, videos, documents and everything else, then you must do so, otherwise you will lose all personal information that was on the device.
To avoid losing your data, follow these guidelines.
- Transfer photos, documents and videos to your computer via USB cable. You can also use Google Photos to backup images, and Google Drive cloud service is suitable for documents and folders, but you can upload the number of files to it. You will have to pay to expand storage.
- In order not to lose contacts and applications, activate cloud sync in the settings. Go to the path “System”. “Advanced”. “Backup”. Enable Google Account Backup.
Once done, you can Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy A10.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy A10 via Recovery?
This is a useful method if the phone has a problem that prevents it from loading. It is for such cases that you need a recovery mode, through which you will need to produce Hard Reset.
- If your phone is on, turn it off.
- Hold down the power and volume down buttons (if nothing happens, read our separate article on how to enter Recovery).
- Instead of normal loading, you will see a menu where navigation is performed using the volume keys (move the cursor) and power (select).
- Go down to the category “Wipe data / factory reset” and click on it with the power key.
- Highlight ‘Yes’ to confirm reset.
Upon completion of the reset, the device will reboot and display the standard welcome and settings window. Again, the menu names may differ slightly depending on the model.
How To Reset Samsung Galaxy A10. Hard Reset
How to Factory Reset Xiaomi?
The smartphones of this brand have a shell called “MIUI”. Xiaomi developers took all the best from Android and IOS, and then implemented it into their software product. At the beginning of 2020, the current edition of MIUI ver 11.0.5. To reset the settings, do the following:
- Tap on the “Settings” icon. Here, the first line will be the item “About phone”, go to it.
- Find the line “backup and reset”. Tap on it.
- In the menu that opens, you can see a separate item “return to factory settings”. It is at the very bottom. Follow it to start the OS rollback process.
During the reset process, the phone may ask you to confirm your actions with a digital password or fingerprint.
How to Factory Reset on Samsung?
The Korean brand did not stand aside and began developing its own shell back in 2009. Today it is called “Samsung Experience”. To reset the settings on a Samsung smartphone, you need to do:
- Click on the gear icon (settings) on the main screen of the device.
- Scroll the list to the end, where there will be an item “General settings”.
- In the new window, find the item “Reset”, tap on it.
- Select “Factory data reset”. Scroll down to “Reset device”.
- Enter your password or pattern and confirm your action by clicking on the “Delete all” button.
The device will start the uninstallation process. After a short time, it will reboot from a clean OS.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Through Recovery?
When you enter the service menu (Recovery), you see a dark menu in English. It can be in the form of a tile or a set of rows. In order not to get confused in them, look for an item with the words: Wipe data. factory reset. He is responsible for rolling back the phone to factory settings.
You can navigate through the Recovery service menu using the same hardware keys. Usually, the volume up or down buttons work as up and down arrows, and the home button or power key works as command confirmation.
Some modern smartphones allow the user to navigate through Recovery by tapping on the display. Usually, on such devices, the service menu is made in the form of a tile. As soon as you press the “factory reset” key, the phone will ask for confirmation of the command. After that, he will proceed to its implementation. The procedure for rolling back to the basic parameters will begin.
How to Enter Service Menu on Samsung for Reset?
Smartphones differ from each other by the presence of certain keys. But four buttons can be found on 98% of devices: volume up and down, phone off / unlock, home button. It is through these keys that you can get to the service menu of any smartphone:
- Samsung: hold down home button volume up turn on.
- Google Nexus / Pixel: hold down the volume down button to turn on.
- HTC: hold down the volume down button. In some models, you must continue to hold down the volume down key after releasing the power button.
- Motorola: Press the power-on volume down. For most smartphones, you need to hold down the volume down button, then press the power key once.
- LG: hold down the turn-on volume down. At the moment the brand logo appears on the device screen, release the power key and immediately press again. At the same time, do not release the volume down button.
- Asus. Hold down the power-on volume down key.
- Samsung: hold down the home button to turn on the volume up.
- Meizu, Xiaomi: hold down the volume up power key. As soon as the “Mi” logo appears, release the power button.
- Huawei, Honor: hold down the power down volume key.
- One plus: hold down the power key volume down.
Pressing the buttons must be simultaneous. They need to be held for 2-10 seconds until the smartphone enters the service menu. In some cases, you need to wait for the company logo to load, then hold down the above key.
How to Reset Samsung to Factory Settings Using Buttons?
The method will be useful if you have forgotten your own passwords to turn on the phone. In this situation, the user can only use the physical keys, which are located on the ends of the smartphone. Pressing a combination of buttons allows you to access the system settings of the machine.
Each manufacturer uses different combinations of buttons so that the user can get into the service menu. If the correct key combination is pressed, then you will see a line-by-line or tiled menu on the phone. Through it, you can reset the phone to basic settings.
Reset Samsung To Factory Settings. 3 Ways To Reset Android Phone Settings If Forgot Password
Owners of smartphones on the Android operating system over time notice that their Samsung is starting to get sick. It freezes, glitches, heats up, or you can reboot spontaneously. All this pushes the user to reset the settings to factory settings.
How to Reset Samsung to Factory Settings Via Computer?
You can reset the smartphone DO basic parameters using special software. It’s called the Android System Development Kit (SDK). The program can be found both on the official website of the developers and downloaded from third-party resources.
After downloading the program, you need to unpack it and install it on your PC. After installing the SDK on your PC, you need to do the following:
- Activate USB Debugging mode on your smartphone. To do this, go to the “Settings” item, then find the “For Developers” tab and enter the “USB settings”.
- Check the boxes next to the “Tools” and “USB Drivers”.
- Connect a smartphone to a PC and install drivers on it, if this has not been done before.
- Open command prompt on computer (WinR) and enter C: \ Users \ Username \ AppData \ Local \ Android \ Android-SDK \ platform tools.
- Enter ADB mode from under the SDK program and execute the “recovery” command.
- Wait for the system to perform the action and restart the phone.
After completing the indicated points, you need to enter a new password and access the menu settings.