Which Samsung models have an infrared port
The latest models of Samsung smartphones lack such technology; it can only be found in older models, the production of which has long been stopped. But other brands have Infrared Data modules. Let’s consider them in more detail.
Galaxy S20 / Ultra / Plus: How to Enable / Disable NFC and Payment
Why do you need an infrared port in modern phones?
The infrared port or the Infrared Data Association received a second life not for the purpose of transmitting information, as it was before. Now this technology is used to control equipment remotely using a smartphone. In fact, the sensor allows you to use the phone as a control panel, and with its help, activate and regulate the operation of washing machines, TVs and air conditioners.
How to enable NFC in Samsung A71
Thus, manufacturers make it possible to create an entire ecosystem of devices, with a single control center.
How to enable infrared port on Samsung: setting up infrared port
Children of the zero will probably remember what an infrared port is on phones, including Samsung. Before the advent of wireless technology, it was this device that helped us share files. It would seem, why return this “ancient” technology to smartphones? It turned out that its use opens up much more possibilities than it seemed.
Top phones in 2021 with infrared
The following smartphone models are available with this technology.
- Coolpad Cool Changer 1C. has an all-metal case and a large enough battery.
- Coolpad Cool Changer S1. the flagship of the Chinese manufacturer, stuffed with all the top brand chips, including the IR port.
- Honor 8 is a very thin and beautiful camera phone equipped with an NFC chip and other useful technologies. For a long time was the leader in sales of its price segment.
- HTC One (M9). one of the flagships of the Taiwanese brand allows you to control home appliances like a remote control.
- Huawei Mate 9. the entire flagship Mate line has an infrared sensor and many other equally useful options.
- Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro is a smartphone from a brand renowned for its ability to create devices with the maximum functionality at the lowest cost. This also includes Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Mi5.