How to make ringtone on iPhone
Restoring from a local backup is impossible with the “Find iPhone” feature enabled, which is one of the main security measures in case of a lost device. Thanks to its use, it becomes available to search by location and remote wipe data. In our case, the appearance of such a notification means that you will have to use the DFU mode to unlock.
After completing an authoritative restore, you can reanimate user data from a local or cloud copy.
iTunes won’t recognize iPhone
In some cases, iTunes cannot recognize the iPhone when we try to connect to the PC with a USB cable. In the Windows operating system, an error with the code 0xe8000015 appears. Sometimes it is accompanied by additional text information about receiving an incorrect response from the device. This behavior is usually due to a mismatch between the iTunes release and the iPhone firmware, which means you missed a major update.
- We call the menu “About the program” and look at the number of the version installed on the PC. You can always check the relevance on the iTunes page and download the latest assembly for the OS used on the desktop from it.
- Force restart the iPhone. The device needs to be rebooted, not turned off and on again. The phone will still remain locked, but internal software errors will be eliminated. This operation is performed in the same way as the transfer to the recovery mode described above. Following these steps should resolve the connection error 0xe8000015, after which the restore attempt can be repeated.
Not everyone creates local copies, many successfully use automatic data synchronization through the iCloud “cloud”. However, when iPhone locks due to incorrect password, you still have to resort to iTunes.
- We connect the device to the PC and use the forced recovery mode provided in case of serious firmware failures. For iPhone X and Series 8, the transition to it is as follows. On the left side, briefly press the volume up and then volume down buttons. After that, on the right side, hold down and hold the power button until the picture shown in the screenshot appears, displaying the iTunes logo and the Lightning cable connector.
- IPhone 7 owners need to briefly press the volume down button and then hold down the power key.
- 6S and earlier users need to press the Home and Power Off keys at the same time.
- After successfully transferring the smartphone to DFU mode, in the iTunes window, press the button indicated in the screenshot.
- A pop-up window will appear with information about the consequences of the performed actions and controls. Press the middle button in it.
As a result of the actions performed, the program will automatically update the connected device to the latest version of the OS, simultaneously erasing all data from it and resetting the access password. After that, the smartphone can be restored from a cloud copy or set up as new.
iPhone Disconnected Connect to iTunes: How to Unlock
The volume of personal data on mobile devices is constantly growing. Previously, there was nothing interesting in the phone besides the address book, SMS and photos. Now it stores social media profiles, bank cards, emails and much more that I would like to protect from prying eyes.
Setting a password is the simplest, but at the same time, a rather problematic method of protection. Ten incorrect input attempts will result in a complete blocking of the device, and a notification will appear on the screen: “iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes.” How to unlock a smartphone after its appearance, we understand this material.
Optionally, you can configure the function to automatically erase data on ten unsuccessful attempts. As a result, it is possible to solve two problems at once: to secure personal data in case of loss of the device and to prevent it from being blocked if you yourself forget the access code.
- Open the settings and look for the area indicated by the frame in the screenshot.
- Enter the password for access to the protected OS section.
- Scroll down the opened page to the very end. We move the automatic erase switch to the on position.
When configured with iCloud backup, this setting will save time on restores and do without using a computer.
iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes: what to do
If you enter the password incorrectly on the iPhone several times in a row, the device will be locked, and the message “iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes” will appear on the screen. How to unlock a smartphone to access it and, if possible, return data.
After several incorrect attempts to enter the password, the iPhone is locked and completely encrypts the files stored on it. Thanks to this, no attacker can hack the device and gain access to the user’s photos, applications and documents.
- Data can be restored only if a backup was made before (using iTunes, iCloud or third-party software).
- If the device has not previously been synced with iTunes, then you can unlock it and reset the password only with complete loss of data.
- If partial synchronization with iCloud (contacts, calendar, notes) was enabled on the iPhone, then you can return the data after authorization in your Apple ID account.
- If the backup was made through third-party software, then before starting the recovery procedure, reset the password through iTunes.
To remove the notification from the screen of a disabled iPhone and unlock it, you must perform a hard reset. This can be done in different ways.
Password reset via “Find My Phone
If there is no access to the computer, then the disconnected iPhone can be unlocked without iTunes. To do this, use Apple’s Find My Phone feature. The method is relevant only if at the time of blocking the device it was turned on:
- Use a computer or other mobile device to log into your iCloud account. To do this, enter your Apple ID and passcode.
- Go to the list of available devices and find the iPhone you want here (which gives an error and asks to connect to iTunes).
- Click on the “Erase iPhone” button and confirm the action.
When the operation is completed, all data will be permanently deleted. If you have previously backed up files via iCloud, iTunes or third-party software, then you can copy them to iPhone.
Removing the lock through recovery mode
If synchronization with iTunes was not performed, then you can fix the error “iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes” using the recovery mode. In this case, all data stored on the device will be irretrievably lost:
- Download and install iTunes on your computer from Apple’s official website.
- Run the program and connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
- Call up the recovery mode screen on your smartphone. To do this, simultaneously press and hold the Home and Top Side (iPhone 6S and earlier), Top Side, and Volume Down (iPhone 7 and 7 Plus) buttons. For iPhone 8 and newer models, first press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons one at a time, and then hold the top side.
- ITunes will display a notification that says “There is a problem with your iPhone; it needs to be updated or restored “, which means that the program was able to find problems.
- If the message does not appear, then try turning off and then turning on the smartphone, or use another method to unlock.
- Click Update to try updating the iPhone system files. In this case, all user data will be saved.
- If this does not help, then select “Restore” to forcibly return the device to factory settings (user information will be deleted).
The method is suitable for cases when the iPhone was locked as a result of an incorrect password entry, when other system errors occurred. After a hard recovery, you need to set up your smartphone again. To do this, log in with your Apple ID or create a new account.
Unblocking via iTunes
If the iPhone is synced with the computer, then it can be unlocked through iTunes. In this case, all data and password stored on the device will be irretrievably erased:
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer you previously synchronized with.
- Launch iTunes. If a message appears on the screen asking you to enter a password, then enter it.
- If there is no access to the old password, then use another computer (to which the iPhone was also connected). Otherwise, go to the next method to reset data.
- Wait for iTunes to automatically sync with your device and create a new backup. If this does not happen, then click on the smartphone icon and in the “Settings” section select the “Browse” item. Check the box next to “Sync automatically if iPhone is connected”.
- When the backup is done, on the “Overview” tab, click the “Restore iPhone” button.
- A settings screen will appear, offering several methods for transferring data. Select “Restore from iTunes copy” and select the desired backup from the list (they differ by date of creation, size).
Wait until the end of the procedure. After that, the device can be disconnected from the computer and used. iPhone will be unlocked and data transferred.
Reset via Tenorshare 4uKey
Tenorshare 4uKey is a small utility that allows you to remove the lock in case of an incorrectly entered or forgotten password (if the iPhone says “connect to iTunes“). Suitable when the user does not have access to iTunes and other recovery tools:
- Download and install the program from the official website. The trial version is distributed free of charge and is available for OS X and Windows operating systems.
- Launch the software and connect iPhone to computer via USB
- Wait for 4uKey to detect your device and press the blue Start button to clear the error message. After that, all user information will be erased from the smartphone.
- Next, the program will offer to restore the iPhone operating system. If you already have the iOs firmware file, then use the “Browse” button to specify the path to it. Click “Download” for 4uKey to download the required version by itself via the Internet.
- The following screen will then appear on your computer. Click “Unlock Now” to unlock.
Wait until the end of the procedure, and disconnect the device. After that, configure the iPhone, come up with a new passcode and specify other security parameters.
Recovering data after a reset
Password reset involves the complete destruction of all user information that is currently stored in the device’s memory. You cannot return it without an access code. If the iPhone owner has previously used sync and backup tools, then you can make a backup.
- Via iTunes. To do this, connect your device to your PC and go to the “Overview” tab. In the “Data Recovery” section, select one of the available copies and wait for it to download to your iPhone.
- Through third-party software. The method is only suitable if other software was used for backup.
- Through iCloud. If you have used synchronization of phonebook contacts, calendar entries and notes, then after resetting to factory settings, start the smartphone. Wait for the “Programs and Data” block to appear. Find and select “Recover from iCloud Copy” from the list and log in with your Apple ID.
If the device has never been synced with iTunes, iCloud or other software, then it will not be possible to return user files. Therefore, in order to avoid losing important information, use the backup functions.
To turn on the broken iPhone, we follow the instructions clearly. If you don’t understand something, at the end of the article there will be a video instruction on how to turn on an iPhone of any model through the official iTunes software if it does not turn on. The instruction is applicable to all models of Apple smartphones, 4, 5, 5S, 6, 6 plus, 7, 7 plus.
- Download a program called iTunes from the official Apple website (link).
- Install iTunes and download the firmware for your iPhone model.
- We turn off the iPhone and connect it to the computer using a standard cable from the kit (you can replace it with a good copy).
- For 5 seconds, hold down the “HOME” and “POWER” buttons together, wait about 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release “POWER” (aka blocking), but leave “HOME” pressed!
- After a while iTunes will display a message about DFU mode, now we proceed to restore the firmware.
- In the iTunes program, find the “Restore” button and hold down “Shift”, press it.
- In the window that appears, select the previously downloaded file with the extension.ipsw, confirm the choice.
- The firmware recovery process has started, now we are waiting for completion.
It must be remembered that when flashing, all data will be erased. If you do not have a backup or you have stored all the photos on a deceased device, without using iCloud, it will not be realistic to restore them. In this case, you need to immediately contact authorized service centers, they will help, but they will ask for good money for the work.
There are many reasons, it is difficult to systematize them, but several popular ones can be distinguished:
- The firmware flies. it is because of this that the iPhone 5, 6, 7 models do not turn on, iTunes and the lace are on. We will consider how to reflash the device in the next section.
- A hardware error, as a result of which some system files were deleted or corrupted, again, a flashing will help. Craftsmen call it “iPhone hung on a string”.
- The error can occur after falling onto a hard surface
- Water ingress into the device.
What to do if the iPhone seems to be loaded, but does not turn on, issues a “string” and asks to connect to iTunes? Consider the options for solving the problem below.
If errors occurred during the flashing process, for example, a warning with error number 9 appears, then the situation is much worse. Most likely, an important microcircuit inside the phone is damaged, it is unlikely that you can fix it on your own. In this case, you will have to contact the repairmen, since it is not realistic to re-solder the microcircuit without special equipment. Although our craftsmen have learned to do this too, I will leave a video about soldering the microcircuit with my own hands, suddenly someone will come in handy.
Sometimes there are other types of problems when the iPhone does not turn on, a daisy is spinning on the screen and nothing happens. Most likely, you will have to reflash the device, but first we will try to do a hard reset, it will suddenly help. Do not be alarmed, there is nothing complicated and scary, you will not even lose data, as if you still decide to reflash your iPhone.
Instructions on how to make a hard reboot, if the iPhone does not turn on, the iTunes icon and cable appear on the screen
- We hold down the lock button and the “home” button
- We are waiting for about 5-10 seconds
- Chances are, phone glitches will disappear
- If it does not help, look at the previous section, and repeat everything according to the instructions.
iPhone does not turn on and asks to urgently connect it to iTunes, what to do?
The problem is frequent and well known to servicemen, not fixing it takes about half an hour of work and 1500-2000 rubles of money. In order not to waste the family budget, we will try to turn on the iPhone on our own, at home.
After several attempts, the smartphone never came to life? In this case, the best solution would be to contact experienced specialists, although it will not be free of charge, you will protect yourself from the risk of completely “bricking up” an expensive device. What to do when the iPhone 5 s does not turn on and in an ultimatum form requires connecting to aytyuns, you now know, carefully read and watch the video, in 90% of cases this will solve the problem.
How to Connect iPhone to iTunes on Computer via USB and Wi-Fi
Hello everyone! Today I will briefly analyze the question. how to connect iPhone to iTunes. It seems that there is nothing complicated, but very often problems arise when the smartphone is not visible in the application. I analyzed all possible variants of problems in the article, if you have any additional difficulties, then write about them in the comments.
You can also connect your iPhone to your computer via iTunes using a wireless network. Before that, it is desirable that both devices be connected to the same Wi-Fi router.
- We launch the program and connect the phone to the PC via USB using a cable. Don’t worry, you only need to do this once to sync.
- Click on the icon of your device on the left, then go to the “Summary” and select the checkbox for Wi-Fi synchronization.
- After that, you can disconnect the device from the computer. If the computer and the phone are on the same WI-FI network, then the iTunes application will see your iPhone.
To connect iPhone to iTunes to computer you need:
- Connect your smartphone to an available USB port of a computer or MAC using the cable that you use for charging.
- Launch the iTunes application on PC, and at the top you need to click on the phone icon.
NOTE! If there is no such icon, then skip to the chapter on solving connection problems.
- On the left, you can select the category of content with which you want to work, then be sure to select the “Synchronization” checkbox in the main area.
Troubleshoot connection problems
- Try to reconnect the cable. pull it out of the computer and phone, and plug it back into the appropriate ports.
- Try using an alternate USB output. If you have a system unit, then connect your smartphone to the rear input. perhaps the front panel is simply not connected.
- Try restarting your smartphone and computer.
- Disconnect other USB devices from your computer or laptop. especially flash drives and hard drives.
- You can also try hard resetting your iPhone or iPad:
- iPhone SE, 8 or 8 Plus (Older versions with Face ID). on the side there are volume up and down buttons. First you need to click on the increase. release this button. Then to decrease (-). also release the button. Next, you need to hold down the side power button.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. hold down the sleep button and the volume down button.
- iPhone 6s, 6 Plus or SE (without Face ID). hold down the sleep button and “Home”.
- Similarly, you need to update iTunes itself. for this, in the top menu, select the “Help” item and then click on the “Update” or “Check for an update” item. If an update is found, then click on the desired button. After the update, it is advisable to restart the program.
If you are using a PC with a Windows operating system, then you need to go to the “Device Manager”. open the search box through the “Start” menu and enter the name of the system component.
Open the section portable or portable devices, right-click on your device and then select “Update driver”.
If this does not help, then try “Remove device”, and then click on the update button for all drivers. we find at the very top of the window.
Also go to Windows Update, check and download the latest updates for your OS.
If the manipulations did not help, and you downloaded iTunes from the official Apple website, then you can try to restart the USB driver for iPhone.
- Disconnect your smartphone from your PC.
- Reconnect your phone to your PC.
- If iTunes starts automatically, close it.
- Open Explorer or Computer and follow the path:
C: \ ProgramFiles \ Common Files \ Apple \ Mobile Device Support \ Drivers
- Disconnect the smartphone, restart the PC and try to connect again.
If none of the above helped, then try to connect to the program on another PC. if the problem persists, then most likely the connection error occurs precisely because of the iPhone itself or due to a cable malfunction.
How to Connect iPhone to iTunes on Computer
iTunes is a must-have for all Apple device users. With it, you can download videos, music, photos, books, and other files to your device. ITunes is also used to sync, backup and restore Apple mobile devices.
In general, iTunes is needed in a variety of situations, so it is very important to be able to use it. In this article, we will show you how to connect iPhone to iTunes on Windows computer.
In order to connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, you need a cable. If you have an iPhone 5 or newer iPhone, then you need a Lightning cable. This cable is shown in the picture below.
If you have an older model (for example, iPhone 4s or older), then you need a cable with a wide 30-pin connector.
Either way, you must have the correct cable, since you are using it to charge your iPhone. Just unplug it from the charger and you can use it to connect your iPhone to iTunes.
Connect iPhone to Computer.
Once you’ve found the right cable, use it to connect your iPhone to your computer. To do this, you just need to plug one end of the cable into the iPhone, and the other into the computer.
Once connected, you should hear a beep indicating that the computer has detected a new device. Also, when you first connect to a computer, a message should appear on the iPhone screen asking you to confirm the reliability of this computer.
If such a message appears, then click on the “Trust” button.
Once your iPhone is connected to your computer, you can launch iTunes. To do this, use the shortcut on your desktop or in the Start menu. If you can not find the shortcut, then just open the “Start” menu, search for “iTunes” and the computer itself will offer you the desired application. If the search doesn’t find anything, then iTunes may not have been installed yet. In this case, go to the Apple website, download iTunes there and install it on your computer. You can read more about installing iTunes on your computer in this article.
After launching iTunes, you’re done. You have connected iPhone to iTunes on your computer and now you can control your iPhone using this program.
Additionally. Set up a Wi-Fi connection to iTunes.
Later, you can connect iPhone to iTunes via Wi-Fi. In order to get this opportunity, you need to connect the iPhone via cable, launch iTunes and click on the device button, which is located in the upper left corner of the window.
After that, you need to enable the “Sync this iPad over Wi-Fi” function and apply the settings.
After that, your iPhone will connect to iTunes over Wi-Fi. It should be noted that this function works only when the iPhone is charging and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the computer.
What to do if iPhone asks to connect to iTunes?
This error means that during the installation process the Internet connection was interrupted or there is not enough memory on the phone to install additional components. If after updating the iPhone asks to connect to iTunes, you will not be able to use the phone normally.
What to do if iTunes won’t restore iPhone?
What to do if iTunes won’t restore iPhone, iPod or iPad
- Recommendation 1. Update the application.
- Recommendation 2. Restart your devices.
- Recommendation 3. Replace the USB cable.
- Recommendation 4. Use a different USB port.
- Tip 5. Reinstall the application.
- Edit the Hosts file.
- Method 8.
Why iTunes doesn’t see iPhone?
USB port. iTunes does not see the iPhone due to a failed USB port; connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to another, preferably located on the back wall of the system unit, USB-port USB-cable. Uninstall and reinstall iTunes by downloading the latest distribution from the official website.
How to connect to iTunes?
and select “Microsoft Store”. Click Search in the upper right corner and enter iTunes. Click on “iTunes” in the search results. Click “Install” and follow the instructions on the screen.
How to Factory Reset on Power Off iPhone?
Entering Recovery Mode
- Press the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time.
- The device will show a shutdown slider and then the screen will turn off.
- Wait until the device starts to boot and release the “Power” button.
- After 10-15 seconds, a cable image and an iTunes icon will appear on the screen.
How to Restore iPhone 4s via iTunes?
Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Under Settings for [your name] iCloud, turn off Find My iPhone. A pop-up window appears in iTunes asking you to restore or update your device. Click “Restore”.
How to unlock via hard reset iPhone
If the iPhone is locked and won‘t connect to iTunes. for example, it didn’t sync or was done on a different PC that you can’t access. the option is to reset it completely. In this case, the password will be destroyed along with other information.
Life hack: Try to save data using third-party software such as iFunBox.
First, you need to connect your smartphone to your computer, as in the previous method. Can be used with any PC or laptop with iTunes.
After that, forcibly restart the machine. In new versions (8, X and subsequent), you need to quickly press the volume up and release, then just as quickly press the volume down once, then hold down and do not release the side button. Recovery mode should turn on.
For 7 and its Plus version, you need to hold down the volume down and the side key.
Finally, in earlier versions, press the side / top key and “home”.
After that, a choice of options should appear.
You need to click on “Restore” and wait for the completion of the procedure. Then set up your iPhone as if it were a brand new machine.
Keep in mind that all actions in this mode are allocated 15 minutes. If the program does not meet the deadline, you will need to forcibly restart the smartphone again.
Finally, there is another way how to unlock iPhone without iTunes. contact a service center. The procedure will be the same as in the options described above, the only difference is that you do not need your own computer, plus a consultant will help you.
iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes. how to open without data save itunes
Important! Sometimes third-party applications are advised to unblock. However, in this case, there is no guarantee that the device will work at all. Support claims the only way out is to use iTunes in one way or another.
Reset attempt counter
In some cases, when the device tells you to connect to iTunes to unlock your iPhone, you just need to follow this advice. If simply connecting to your computer with iTunes isn’t enough, try starting the sync procedure. It is not necessary to complete this process to the end, you can stop it with a cross or an arrow, if one appears. After that, try again to enter the password from the device.
Important! Before connecting to iTunes, if the iPhone is locked, make sure that this is the same PC from which you have already connected. Otherwise, the program will ask for confirmation from the machine.
Restoring from a backup
If the copying process was performed, you can connect to Aityuns via a computer as usual, and then restore data and access to the mobile phone itself (you need the same PC).
Connect the devices with a cable and turn on iTunes. The program will display the smartphone icon. If you have set up automatic synchronization, wait for the application to copy the data. You can also start the process manually if you click on the desired item in the device menu and then click the “Synchronize” button.
Next, you need to use a special button to restore. The program may warn about an outdated OS version. in this case, you need to update iOS to continue. Then you need to choose to restore from a copy.
Select the appropriate copy by date or size. If you used an encrypted save password, you will need to enter it to decrypt a previously saved copy.
On the device itself, you will also need to specify recovery from iTunes.
After that, wait until the end of the process. The password is cleared and you can use the device again.
How to fix the error: “iPhone is locked, connect to iTunes
Apple technology, despite all its reputation, can also fail, confusing the user. over, while showing tips that your iPhone is locked, connect to iTunes: how to unlock it and prevent similar situations. we will analyze in this article.
Reasons for the error: “iPhone is locked, connect to iTunes
Before deciding what to do next, you need to figure out the reason for the message that the iPhone is disconnected, so connect to iTunes. This situation can easily arise as a result of repeatedly entering an incorrect password, for example, if:
Fix “iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes” | Easy Fix
- you yourself have forgotten or changed it;
- someone from your family or friends confused the smartphone and tried to unlock it with their password;
- an outsider wanted to access the device in your absence.
To prevent the device from blocking, you need to try to enter the password correctly and not exceed the number of attempts. And of course, do not give it to strangers and children, who may accidentally block access.
Accordingly, the options for solving the problem of how to unlock it, if the software says that the iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes, depend on the knowledge of the current password. It also matters whether you followed the backup procedure before the problem occurred. If in both cases the answer is no, then you can say goodbye to the data on the smartphone. using the method recommended by the manufacturer will completely erase the contents of the device’s memory. This is done for security reasons so that random persons cannot view personal information on any device.
A more gentle option, like unlocking the iPhone, if it is disabled and says, they say, connect to iTunes, is available if you have a backup. In this case, important data can be recovered.
If the iPhone is disconnected, it says connect to iTunes, but when connected to a PC it only vibrates 3 or more times. you probably have a problem with your cable or computer. Check it on another PC, with a different cord, or try restarting your smartphone. If these measures do not help, you should contact the service.
What is iTunes
The Genius function analyzes the user’s media library, then recommends media products that match his preferences. The player streams media, creates a home collection, synchronizes. If you don’t know how to connect iPhone to iTunes, see the recommendations in this article. For correct operation, you must connect, then configure the parameters.
You just bought a brand new phone and for the first time are going to connect it to a media player. First, you need to install iTunes on your computer, it does not take much time, you only need to follow a few steps.
- Go to the official Apple website, download the installer for iPhone.
- Enter your mail address, location.
- Select the version for your OS by specifying the bit depth.
- Select language, click on the button to download.
- Click on the downloaded file, follow the instructions.
- Restart your computer for a complete installation.
Connect iPhone to iTunes
Among the various file third-party file managers for iPhone, AppleTV, iPod, iPad, this one stands out for its prevalence and popularity. Every iPhone user has iTunes. So why do you need it and how to connect iPhone to iTunes, how to sync the necessary media files? Consider in order.
Synchronization over Wi-Fi
Let’s take a look at how to sync iPhone with iTunes over a wireless connection.
You need iTunes version 10.5 or higher, iOS version 4 or higher on your smartphone.
- Download installer, install, run.
- Connect with iPhone USB cable.
- Select your smartphone from the list that appears in the program window.
- On the “Overview” tab, find the item “Synchronize with this device via Wi-Fi”.
- Your smartphone will appear in the left column, go through the tabs, choosing the synchronization options.
- Apply changes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via the supplied USB cable to your smartphone. If the connection is the first, on the smartphone screen you will see the inscription “iPhone is disconnected connect to iTunes”.
- After the installation is complete, the program will automatically start. If not activated, open it through the shortcut on the desktop or click on it in the “Start” menu.
- At the top of the running program window, you will find the name of your iPhone. Click on it.
- A menu will open, in which you can work with the device: synchronize the list of applications on the iPhone, music in full, or a specific playlist. It is also possible to transfer photos, contacts, books, calendars. You can sync bookmarks, ringtones, notes, documents.
The next time you connect your phone to your computer, iTunes will sync everything automatically, creating a backup copy on your smartphone along the way.
Disconnecting from a computer
To disconnect your phone from your computer after you have finished using it, first click the small icon next to the iPhone button. Then disconnect the smartphone from the computer.
If the iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes, it’s easy. When connecting for the first time, follow the recommendations described above, when reconnecting, the iPhone will automatically connect.
Benefits of connecting iPhone to computer via Wi-Fi:
- The device is “not tied” to the computer and can be located from it within the range of the network.
- The USB port of the computer is freed.
- The iFunbox file manager “knows how” to work with iOS devices connected via Wi-Fi, which means you can download content and install applications from the App Store to devices via a wireless network.
It is also a fairly popular program for Windows, which is no worse than the previous utility. It will be the best solution for those iPhone users who regularly download music and video files to the gadget. It has no unnecessary functions and a crammed interface. It can work with an iPhone like a flash drive, which is usual for new users who have switched to iPhone from Android gadgets.
- Weighs little.
- Less demanding in terms of PC resources (requires 2 times less resources compared to iTunes).
- Wi-Fi sync provided.
- When choosing video files for transfer from PC to mobile gadget, they are automatically recoded into the format required for it (you need to install an additional plug-in).
- Allows you to manage programs (delete, make backups and transfer them from one smartphone to another device).
- Allows you to control the iPhone desktop from a PC (work with icons, broadcast the desktop to a PC online).
Connect iPhone to computer via iTunes.
As we understood from the title, this post will be useful to the happy owners of Apple devices. To connect iPhone, iPad to a computer, we will use iTunes, which is also an Apple product.
This program allows you to sync your iOS data with your computer.
This utility allows you to fix iPhone problems with one click. Thanks to its small functionality, it is very convenient to use it. For example, you can quickly transfer music, videos, apps, games, etc. to your device. It can also be used to erase unnecessary information from your iPhone, create iOS backups, and restore it when it freezes and malfunctions. Therefore, we can say with confidence that Tenorshare iCareFone is a good alternative to iTunes, while it is simple and convenient to use.
- Transfer of various files: text documents, music, video programs and games.
- Optimizing device memory for faster performance.
- Removing temporary files and garbage.
- Fixing system crashes.
- Removing banners and ads.
- Backup to restore important information.
- Automatic recognition of connected gadgets.
- Detection of unnecessary and malicious files.
- Compress images without loss of quality.
- Russian language interface.
- Convenient and simple navigation.
Benefits of connecting iPhone to computer via USB:
- high data transfer rate;
- everything is elementary simple;
- you can download (upload) music, videos, ringtones and photos to the iPhone without synchronization using file managers like iFunBox and iTools;
- you can install and uninstall applications (games and software) through file managers (the same iFunBox and iTools) without syncing iPhone to iTunes;
- allows you to charge your device.
Sync or delete content using iTunes
Your device can only sync with one iTunes library at a time. If you see a message that your device is synced with a different iTunes library, it was previously connected to a different computer. If you click “Erase and sync.” in this message, all content of the selected type on the device will be erased and replaced with content from the computer.
What is iTunes
iTunes is a special program for synchronizing PCs with Apple gadgets. The programmers of the apple company created it specifically for the full-fledged work of a PC with original gadgets.
Part 3. Set up iTunes to sync your iOS device over Wi-Fi
iTunes offers various ways to sync iPhone. Besides connecting iPhone to iTunes, you can also sync your iOS device over Wi-Fi.
Step 1: Launch the iTunes app and use the Lightning cable to connect your iOS device to your computer.
Click your device icon, go to the Summary tab and check the Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi checkbox on the right.
Select Apply and then remove iPhone from your computer. The next time your computer and your iOS device connect to the same Wi-Fi network, your device appears in iTunes and starts syncing.
Tutorial to Connect iPhone to iTunes Correctly and Troubleshooting
iTunes. useful tool for iPhone and iPad users; however, this tool also causes headaches in many people. “ITunes was unable to connect to my iPhone and only received an invalid response on the device. What can I do to fix this, please help “.
Questions like this are common on social media and forums. Apparently, if you can’t connect iPhone to iTunes, backup, restore, purchase and other functions in iTunes will become useless. To help you use Apple’s utility, we’ll show you how to properly connect iPhone to iTunes. Also, in this guide, you can learn how to troubleshoot problems related to iTunes.
How to Transfer iPhone to Computer without iTunes
Step 1. Launch iPhone Transfer after installing on your computer. Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable. The app will recognize your device spontaneously.
Step 2. Click your device name and select data types like Music, Photos and others on the left side before transferring. Then you can view the details in the right pane and select specific files.
Once selected, expand the “Export To” menu on the top ribbon and select “Export to PC” to instantly save the data you want from iPhone to your computer.
Troubleshooting 3: Updating the software
Outdated software is another reason why iPhone can’t connect to iTunes. The solution is simple, the software updates instantly.
Go to “Settings” “General” “Software update” and click the “Download and install” button if there is an update.
Step 2. When prompted, enter your PIN and complete the software update. Then try to reconnect to iPhone and iTunes.
A software update may also help fix iPhone won’t play videos caused by outdated iOS software.
Troubleshooting 2: Restart iPhone and Computer
In most cases, restarting your devices can fix iPhone not being able to quickly connect to iTunes.
Step 1. Disconnect your iPhone from your computer. Press a combination of hardware buttons to force restart.
iPhone X / 8: Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, do the same with the Volume Down button and hold the Side button until the iPhone turns on.
iPhone 7: Hold the volume down and side buttons, release them when you see the Apple logo.
iPhone 6 or earlier: Home Side button combination.
Restart your computer, reconnect iPhone and iTunes to check if the connection is successful.
Part 4. Best iTunes Alternative for iOS File Transfer
Looking for an iTunes alternative? IPhone Transfer could meet your requirement. Its main features include:
- Transfer data and files from iPhone to computer in one click.
- Support for wide Spectra data types such as contacts, call history, messages, photos, videos, etc.
- Save iPhone data and files to computer in original conditions.
- Work for iPhone X / 8/7/6 / 6S / SE / 5 / 5s / 4, iPad Pro / Air / Mini and earlier and iPod Touch.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8 / 8.1 / 7 / XP and macOS 11 or earlier.
Download for WinDownload for Mac
In short, it is an alternative to connecting iPhone to iTunes.
Part 1. How to Connect iPhone to iTunes
To avoid various errors, please follow these steps to connect iPhone to iTunes successfully.
Open the latest version of iTunes on your computer. You can check for updates in iTunes Check for Updates on Mac or Help Check for Updates on Windows.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to your computer using the original Lightning cable. And wait for iTunes to detect your device.
Don’t use a third party USB cable to replace the Lightning cable.
Step 3. When you see the iPhone icon in the upper left corner, it means the connection is successful. Otherwise, troubleshooting the problem is in the next part.
Note. iTunes in macOS Catalina / Big Sur has been superseded and you can check this post on open iPhone in Finder on Mac.
Troubleshooting 5: Ultimate Way to Fix iTunes Cannot Connect to iPhone
If you tried to troubleshoot above and still can’t connect iPhone to iTunes, Apeaksoft iOS System Restore can help you fix the problem. It is able to fix many software errors in DFU mode without data loss.
Step 1. Install iOS System Recovery on your computer
Step 2. Diagnostic device in DFU mode
Launch OS System Recovery and click the Start button. Then select the Question icon and put the device into DFU mode by following the instructions on the screen.
Step 3.Fix Can’t Connect iPhone to iTunes
Fill in the information box according to your device model. Click the Download button to get the required firmware and automatically fix software problems. when iPad is disconnected, connect to iTunes, you can also rely on this powerful iOS system repair software.