- The device must be running iOS 11 or later.
- Broadcasting occurs with a lag of 1-3 seconds.
- Audio from Safari will not play on the TV, only on the device itself.
- You need to start broadcasting only after you open the desired application, since switching between applications will disable it.
- Some applications block broadcasting. These include Netflix.
- Apps are only supported by Samsung and LG Smart TV. No support for other brands.
How to end the broadcast
When you want to finish broadcasting, just open Control Center and click on the Screen Recorder icon.
A notification will appear at the top of the screen stating that the broadcast has been terminated. The TV will return to its normal state.
What you need to know
Although the application is very convenient, it has its own nuances that are worth knowing about. First, it only supports Smart TVs from 2012 and newer. If you are not sure which TV you have, you can check the model on the back.
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, see which letter is in the middle of the model name (on the back of the TV).
If you have an LG Smart TV, it will be more difficult to identify the model. The app developers recommend that you install a free trial version of the app and check if your TV is compatible with it.
How to Cast iPhone Screen to LG Smart TV
After connecting both devices to the same Wi-Fi network, follow the steps below:
1) Download and install the Mirror for LG TV application from the App Store (the cost is 379 rubles).
3) Wait for your TV to appear in the list of available ones, and then click on its name.
4) If a window appears on the TV asking if you want to connect the device, using the remote, press Accept / Allow.
5) The application will prompt you to add a screen recording icon to the Control Center and enable access in applications. If you have these settings enabled, you can skip the corresponding steps.
6) Go to Settings → Control Center and enable Access in programs:
7) Then open the Customize Element section. control and add the Screen Recorder icon.
8) Return to the Mirror for LG TV app and skip all instructions by clicking on the button at the bottom of the screen:
9) You will need to enable Notifications so you can see when your device connects to and disconnects from your TV.
10) When you have completed all the steps, the application will redirect you to YouTube to test the function. Find any video you want to watch on TV.
11) Then open Control Center and click on the Screen Recorder icon using 3D Touch or just long press.
12) Next, select the Mirror LGTV option and click Start Broadcast.
After that, you should see the contents of your device on the TV screen with a slight lag.
How to Display Image from iPhone / iPad to LG or Samsung TV with Smart TV
If you have a Samsung or LG Smart TV, you don’t have to buy an Apple TV or other device to stream your iPhone or iPad to your TV.
The new Mirror for Samsung TV and Mirror for LG TV apps developed by AirBeamTV BV allow you to stream the contents of your iOS 11 device to your Smart TV screen.
In this tutorial, we will show you how the Mirror for LG TV app works, but the Mirror for Samsung TV app should work in much the same way.
Mirror for Samsung TV and Mirror for LG TV apps can be useful if you have a Smart TV at home.
Whether you would like to watch YouTube videos or surf the web on a big screen, these apps will do the job just fine. If you are a gamer or just hate a delay of a couple of seconds, then applications are unlikely to suit you.