Is it possible to unbind via a stationary PC
If the user wants to know how to log out of their account on the iPhone, then this can be done through a computer. The procedure is performed according to the following scheme:
- to turn off the profile, you need to open the iCloud.com website on your computer;
- a form for filling in with personal data will appear on the screen;
- the owner must specify the parameters for authorization in the account, Apple ID data is used;
- the password from the system is written in the next line;
- when you are logged in, you should find the “Find iPhone” section on the page;
- now you should find the subsection “All devices” on the screen, it is located at the top of the screen;
- a list of those devices that have been linked to the profile will be displayed on the computer;
- the owner must choose the one that needs to be untied;
- when the smartphone is in an inactive position, just click on the “Remove from Find iPhone” button.
- Interesting information
- If the gadget is online, the “Online” icon is located next to it. In this case, the owner selects the “Erase iPhone” option. Further, the deletion must be confirmed. To complete the procedure, select the item “Remove from profile”.
How to unlink iPhone from iCloud
If the owner of the gadget decides to sell his smartphone, he needs to untie the iPhone from iCloud. You also need to cancel the synchronization of the gadget with other devices and programs. The user will need information about what cloud storage is and how to log out of the Icloud account on his own.
How to unlink a gadget from iCloud cloud storage
Smartphone owners have an Icloud account, and if the user no longer needs it, they will need to turn it off. To do this, you can use the phone settings. The operation is performed according to the following instructions:
- a section with settings opens on the cell phone, it is located on the screen of the gadget;
- when a client uses a gadget of version 6 or 5S, you should click on your name, the function will be active only with the updated software;
- if you are using iPhone version 4S or other older models, you will have to use the Icloud item;
- further actions will not differ on cell phones of different models and versions of iOS;
- a new section will open on the screen, the page should be scrolled to the end;
- at the bottom there is a button “Exit”, you need to press it;
- then a pop-up window will appear on the display, in which the owner must write his password from the Apple ID account;
- the smartphone will display information that all photos and other files will be deleted from the “Cloud” of Icloud;
- if it suits the owner, the consent button is pressed;
- then click on the “Exit” item again;
- you can delete a profile by erasing all contact information from the phone;
- a notification will appear on the screen that all calendars and reminders will be erased from the smartphone;
- to complete the unlink, you must re-enter the password for the account and agree to the deletion.
- If the client does not want to lose his data from the smartphone, he should refuse to log out. After that, a backup copy of all parameters is created. Then you can repeat the exit. If the user does not agree with the deletion of all information from the smartphone, then it will not work to untie his iPhone from Aycloud for sale.
There are also situations when a buyer purchased an iPhone, and the previous owner forgot to unlink the account from the cloud service. In this case, you can disable it if the user has a password to access the system. Otherwise, you will have to contact the seller again to get the access code to the profile.
Disconnection is also possible in the customer support service. But you can go there with a gadget bought from your hands only if you have a receipt. In technical support, a specialist will help you unlink your account, and then create a new profile for the owner. It is impossible to bypass protection in other ways.
What is iCloud Cloud and how to use it
It’s worth starting with what cloud storage is. Modern users call it “The Cloud”. Such a repository is a collection of several servers working online. On such a server, the client can save the created backups from his phone.
The “cloud” can be created by a specific company. If the client uses the storage, then he transfers information from the gadget to third parties. But the owners of the smartphone sign an agreement that all parameters will be inviolable and protected. Still, there are situations when a customer needs to turn off iCloud storage on their iPhone. It is worth learning more about how to do this.
What difficulties can arise when unlinking a profile from iCloud
If the user learned how to unlink iPhone from iCloud while turning off the profile, he may face some problems. Most often, the client simply forgets the password for his Apple ID account. This leads to the fact that it is impossible to disconnect the account from the “Cloud”. You can solve the problem, for this you will need to perform password recovery through the mailbox or security questions.
When an error appears on the screen during the unlink operation, the owner should check the Internet connection. If the network is malfunctioning, you will not be able to disconnect the account from the cloud storage. Additionally, it is recommended to find out if technical work is being carried out on the company’s servers. If the work is in progress, you will have to wait until they finish, and then repeat the unlinking operation.
Disconnecting the gadget from the Icloud cloud storage may be required if the owner wants to sell his smartphone. The procedure is performed through the phone settings. If this is not available, the owner can use a stationary PC.
How to unlink iPhone from iCloud
Agree, it’s a shame to buy an iPhone that uses a different account, without authorization in which it is impossible to perform most of the actions? For example, in the Apple Store service, when downloading applications, sometimes you need to re-enter the password for this account, and if you want to change it, you will need to enter the password again. Roughly the same situation can be dangerous for users who sell their iPhone along with an associated Apple ID. If you do not untie it, then you can about Honor your messages, take actions that you do not like, for example, delete certain applications, call contacts on FaceTime, download a copy of a backup from the cloud, and many other unpleasant things.
As a result, when selling or buying an iPhone, you should always follow the rule. delete all accounts and linking to the device so that it is completely “clean”, as if it had just come from the factory. Compared to Android, this is a kind of “return to factory settings.” How can you do this, you ask? There are actually a lot of ways, but we will consider all of them.
Remotely Disconnect Apple ID from iCloud
As a rule, users do not always have access to the iPhone on which their Apple ID is used, for example, if they urgently sold a smartphone and forgot to remove it or simply lost the device, but at the same time want to delete all information about themselves. Whatever the reason, you can always disconnect your account from the iPhone remotely, but for this you need to know the password from it.
- Go from your computer to the iCloud service website and log in with the ID that you need to remove from the iPhone;
- Once the authorization is completed, find the “Find iPhone” tab and click on it;
- Next, you will need to click the “All devices” tab at the top to display a complete list of all gadgets that are connected to this ID and select the one that you decided to disable;
- Here you will have two options: if your phone is currently online, you will need to click the “Erase iPhone” button, and if offline, then click the “Remove from Find iPhone” tab;
- This completes the process of disconnecting your Apple ID from the device via remote access. Thus, you can control gadgets from anywhere in the world.
Disconnecting Apple ID via iTunes
Even so, iTunes can come to the rescue and disconnect your account from a specific device. All you need is the device itself, a USB cable and the latest version of the program installed on your PC. Next, follow the steps:
- Connect the smartphone from which you want to untie the account to the computer using a USB cable;
- Open iTunes and wait while the system detects a new device. If you need confirmation of consent to connect, follow this action;
- Log in to iCloud through the program using the same password and username. To do this, click the “Account” item in the top menu and specify the appropriate data;
- After logging in, go to iTunes and scroll to the bottom until you see the “Account” item. Click on this item and click on the “Device Management” tab;
- You will see a complete list of devices that are authorized in this account. Select the one you need and click the “Delete” button next to it.
Disable Apple ID on a device
If you have access to an iPhone that uses an account with a specific Apple ID, you can disable linking directly from your smartphone:
- Go to iPhone Settings and click on the Apple ID tab. This is the very first item in the settings;
- Scroll down to the “Sign out” item and click on it to log out from this device.
Attention! In the latest versions of iOS, additional items have appeared when logging out of the account:
In our case, you need to use the third option. you will completely remove all traces of authorization through your account, and also prevent any access to your Apple ID.
You will need to confirm the exit by entering your account password. Also, the settings in Find My iPhone will be reset, and this application will be turned off. Done?
Now you need to go to “Settings”, go to the “General” item and click the “Reset” tab. Here, click on the “Erase content and settings” item so that the system will automatically delete all data from the smartphone and reset it to factory settings. In this case, you get a “clean device” to which you can link new accounts and set your own settings in the future.
Checking for authorized devices in iCloud
In case you doubt the security of your account, you can always view the full list of authorized devices that have access to it. To do this, log in from any iPhone with this account in “Settings” and go to the item with your ID. Below there will be a complete list of all gadgets, and if you find an unfamiliar device, you can click on it and remove it from the list.
We also recommend changing the password, for example, if you recently sold your smartphone and are in doubt whether you have deleted your account from this smartphone or not.
How to completely erase an iCloud account
Sometimes users need to not just unlink the iPhone from the cloud service, but delete their account, for example, if they no longer use Apple products or registered a new account, and in order not to duplicate them, they decided to erase the old data. Fortunately, Apple developers have foreseen this outcome and provided all the necessary tools to remove your ID yourself. What you need to do:
- The whole process is carried out on the official website of the corporation in a separate section. From a tablet or computer, follow the link https://privacy.Apple.com/ and log in using the ID that you want to delete;
- As soon as the authorization is completed, you need to scroll down the page to the item “Account deletion”;
- Click this tab, confirm your consent to delete your account. At this stage, a 12-character code will be generated that can be reported to the support service, for example, if you change your mind, within 7 days. This is a very important point, especially when someone else has decided to delete your account. If you do not provide them with this information, then in a week the ID will be completely deleted.!
Is it possible to untie Apple ID without a password
When buying Apple devices off-hand, you should always check for account availability and linking. In no case should you buy gadgets that contain data, different IDs and other information. The device must be clean, as if it were just from the factory, and if information is still on it, it must be removed immediately with the owner.
At the moment, it is almost impossible to untie Apple ID from the device without entering a password. That is why gadgets from this manufacturer are recognized as one of the best in terms of security. Also, be sure to check if the Find My iPhone settings are turned on on the device you’re buying. They must be turned off without fail if you buy a smartphone hand-held.
As you can see, in general, there are many options for managing your Apple ID, however, if attackers hack into your account, they will be able to change data, control your devices, write off money from linked cards and other actions, so we strongly recommend that you use upper and lower characters in your password. register, as well as not log in to portals, the safety and reliability of which you are not sure:
How to clean an old iPhone?
Erasing Data from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to the menu “Settings” “General” “Reset” Then click “Erase content and settings”.
- Enter your device password or Apple ID password when prompted. Then confirm that you want to erase the data from the device.
- Wait for the data to be erased
How to turn off syncing with another iPhone?
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Select “Settings” [your name].
- Click iCloud.
- To turn iCloud on or off, click the toggle next to it.
How to sync two iPhones with each other?
How to sync iPhone with another iPhone?
- Go to “Settings” iCloud “Storage & Copies”.
- Turn on Copy to iCloud.
- Click “Create Copy”.
- Wait for the backup to complete.
How to log into Iclaud from two iPhones?
Sign in to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Click Sign in to [device]. Enter your Apple ID and password. If prompted, enter the six-digit verification code sent to your trusted device or phone number and complete the sign-in process.
How to unlink iPhone from iPhone?
First, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Then you should go to the “Find iPhone” section. In it, you must select “All devices” and then. in the list that appears. find the smartphone that you want to untie. Click “Erase iPhone” and then confirm your decision.
How to remove the old owner’s Apple ID?
- Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
- Open Find My iPhone.
- Click “All devices” at the top of the screen.
- Select the device you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click Erase [device].
- Click “Remove from Account”.
How to check iPhone for Activation Lock
We bring to your attention one of the most common ways to check iPhone for Activation Lock:
- We go to the site com / find.
- Enter your Apple ID account details and click on the “Login” button.
- If the phone is not connected to the Find iPhone function, a window will appear informing that all devices are disconnected from the network. If in the window that appears there is a list of available devices, then this indicates an activated function.
All of the above instructions are relevant and will help you successfully unlink your phone from old accounts.
What is Apple ID
Before analyzing all the questions regarding iPhone unlinking, we suggest learning in more detail what an Apple ID is and why you need it. Apple ID is a kind of unique iPhone user account that is registered separately for each device. This account allows you to fully familiarize yourself with all services from Apple.
To register, you must specify your Gmail mailbox and come up with a password. Creating an Apple ID is mandatory for every iOS gadget, be it an iPhone 4, 5S, 6 or 10. it doesn’t matter at all. Consider the main functionality that opens up to the user after registration:
The Apple ID account collects data about the installation of games and applications and allows them to be installed in the future on another device from the “apple” manufacturer.
Disconnecting an account
It is better to unlink the iPhone from the account in advance or immediately before the sale or purchase, so that in the future it will not cause any inconvenience to anyone. It is also very important to do it correctly so as not to delete anything unnecessary from the phone’s memory and not accidentally activate unnecessary settings or parameters. Let’s consider several options, using which you can easily untie the phone from Apple ID and log in with your own username.
Through phone settings
For this step, you only need a phone with Wi-Fi and nothing else. This instruction is relevant for all models of Apple gadgets, as well as any firmware.
- We turn on the device and wait for its full launch. If it is already enabled, then it is recommended to stop applications running in the background.
- Go to the iPhone settings menu. Usually, the corresponding icon is located on the main screen of the phone.
- Scroll down to the “iTunes Store and App Store” column and click on it.
- In the window that opens, at the top of the screen, there will be information about the user account currently registered. You must click on the “Apple ID” column, as shown by the arrow in the screenshot below.
- Click on the “Exit” button and agree with all the actions proposed to us.
Following the steps above allowed you to sign out of your account in just a couple of minutes. For best results, you need to reset your phone to factory settings and erase all unnecessary data. To do this, use the instructions below:
- Go to the iPhone settings menu by clicking on the corresponding icon on the main screen of the device.
- Scroll through the menu until we find the line “Basic”. Click on it.
- Scroll through all the settings to the end and at the bottom of the screen there will be a “Reset” key. Click on it.
- You are presented with several parameters, by clicking on which you can return certain types of settings to the factory state. Since we bought a phone and want to customize it completely for ourselves, we click on the very first line “Reset all settings”. After that, we agree with all the proposed actions and wait for the gadget to restart. If you want to clear only individual sections, then select the appropriate option.
The device will automatically reboot. Do not be intimidated that it may take too long. If the phone restart takes 5, 10, 15 minutes, then this is completely normal and you have no reason to worry.
It is also very important to track the status of the Find My iPhone option. It must be disabled. Its inclusion is permissible only if you are logged in with your own username. In order to check the status of the “Find iPhone” parameter, use our instructions:
- Go to the settings menu by clicking on the icon on the main screen.
- The first window that opens will display the iPhone account block at the top of the screen. Click on it as shown in the screenshot below.
- Scroll down the screen to the “Find iPhone” column. We check that it is in the off state.
After checking all the above steps, you can be 100% sure that the iPhone is unlinked from the previous owner’s account. You can safely enter your data and download the necessary applications from your account.
Purchased iPhone is linked to someone else’s account. what to do?
The situation when you bought an iPhone, and later found that it was linked to someone else’s account, is rather sad. There are not many ways out of this situation, but it’s worth trying.
Perhaps the person who sold the iPhone just forgot to unlink it from their previous account. In this case, you should call him or contact him in another convenient way and ask for the password for the account. Or ask for a meeting so that the previous owner unlocks the phone on his own. In the optimal case, the person will kindly agree and help you in solving the current situation.
Removing a device from an iCloud account
There are two options to remove your phone from your iCloud account. How to do this using the iCloud.com website is described above. Let’s see how to do this directly using the phone:
- Go to the device settings and click on the account window at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the very end and at the bottom we find the “Exit” button. Click on her.
- We confirm the operation by pressing the “Exit” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
Thanks to our quick guide, you were able to successfully remove the device from your Icloud account in two to three minutes.
Through the site
- Enter the address in the browser line or follow the link icloud.com.
- On the main page, you need to enter your account details. We indicate them and click on the arrow on the right side of the second line.
- A notification will pop up on your device where the code will be written. It must be entered in the appropriate field on the site, as shown in the screenshot below.
- The site will check all the data and ask for permission to use the current PC browser. We press “Trust”.
- In the window that appears, click on the “Find iPhone” icon.
- The system may ask you to re-enter the password. We enter it and click on the “Enter” button.
If the “Find iPhone” function is not enabled on the device, the following window will appear in front of you:
If the iPhone is connected, then you will see a list of available devices. You need to select your phone and press the “Remove from Find iPhone” button.
Unlinking iPhone from accounts is a must when selling or buying an iPhone. This must be done not only for security reasons, because there is a risk of losing access to the device, but also for the comfort of use. After clearing the phone of old data, accounts and other files, a person who bought an iPhone from their hands gets a clean device with factory settings. It becomes possible to customize the system, taking into account all the preferences of the new user. Above, there are a few instructions to help you reset and delete unneeded profiles.
Can i reset via iTunes
User can learn how to remove Apple ID by applying iTunes app. To do this, the owner will need access to a computer running Windows or MAC. The following scheme is used to clear information:
- iTunes starts on the stationary computer;
- then you need to find the “Store” section;
- here the “Enter” key is pressed;
- the user must provide their Apple ID login information;
- in the settings section you should find the item to enter your account;
- the owner makes the necessary changes;
- on the official website the same actions are performed.
When the procedure is completed, the gadget owner’s profile will be erased.
Is it possible to delete an account on a gadget
If a user needs to unlink an iPhone from an Apple ID, there are several ways to do this. For example, it is possible to erase all data. The company also proposes to uninstall via iTunes.
- If the user decides to remove all data from the device, then it will be impossible to restore the deleted profile. You will need to use a different email address to create a new account. The same e-mail address cannot be used. In order not to lose all files from your smartphone, you can create a backup.
Unbinding method through the Apple portal
The owner can independently sign out of the Apple ID, the available methods for signing out of the profile have been described above. If the options presented earlier do not suit the client, he can use the official website of the company. To do this, the user is advised to follow the instructions:
- the name of the site is entered in the browser line and the page is entered;
- then you should log in to the profile to get into your personal profile;
- now you need to find the item “Delete” on the screen;
- before removing Apple ID from iPhone, you need to indicate the reason for the procedure;
- a form will be displayed on the page, the necessary data for feedback is entered into it;
- now the owner must confirm the desire to delete the account.
When the deletion request is submitted, it will take a few minutes to process it. A link will be displayed on the screen. You need to go to it in order to clear all data.
How to remove iCloud
Each owner of the gadget has a personal Icloud, all photos, documents, music records and videos are stored in the account. If the user decides not only to disable the profile, but also to clear it, then all data from the phone will be deleted. For this reason, it is recommended to consider whether there is a need to remove cloud storage. If the owner decided to reset the account on the iPhone, then he can do it according to the following scheme:
- first, the user must go to the section with the gadget settings;
- then the item “Aykloud” is selected;
- now in the list you need to click on the name “Delete account”;
- for the data to be cleared, you will need to confirm the deletion procedure;
- the phone will display a message about whether you want to save the settings and contacts that are in Safari and on your smartphone;
- the owner can erase them or save the necessary data;
- now the user will be required to enter the password for accessing the profile;
- then the “Find iPhone” function is disabled, if the option is activated.
- When the actions are completed, Icloud will be removed from the phone.
How to change your email address
The owner can set up personal data on the company’s website. If you need to change the parameters of the e-mail box, you must follow the following instructions:
- throwing off mail data is not difficult, for this you need to go to the Apple website;
- when the transition to the page is completed, you need to scroll to the end;
- the user should find the item “Manage your Apple ID”;
- as soon as the link is completed, the client will see the account data;
- now you need to log in to the system;
- further, the owner needs to answer two questions that were set during registration in the account;
- the “Change” button is pressed, the button is located next to the profile parameters;
- now the owner clicks on the “Change Apple ID” button;
- a form will be displayed on the screen, a new e-mail address is entered into it;
- answers to security questions are again indicated;
- if the user does not remember the answers, the “Reset” key is pressed;
- a message will be sent to the specified mail to confirm the change of address.
How To Remove Devices from Your iCloud Account | Maximize the Security of Your iPhone
As soon as the owner clicks on the link in the email, he / she confirms the changes to the account settings. After that, you can register a new Apple ID profile.
How to completely delete a profile
If it is necessary to delete the old owner’s Apple ID account, then the customer can apply this reset option. After completing the procedure, the password and other cellular data will be erased. We recommend that you only delete your account if you cannot do without it. often, this method is used if you want to untie the email box.
If we look at the settings of the smartphone, then the user may notice that there is no function for completely deleting the account. For this reason, if the owner wants to delete the account on the iPhone, he will have to contact the technical department of the company. To do this, you must follow these instructions:
- first, a browser opens on the computer;
- the name of the company is entered into the address bar and the transition to the main page is made;
- now you should find the item “Apple specialists” on the screen;
- when the transition is made, the owner selects “Get help”;
- several options will be displayed on the screen, you should select the subsection “Apple ID”;
- here the owner will not find the item he needs, so the section titled “About Apple ID” is selected;
- then you should indicate that the topic is not in the list;
- now a description of the question is required from the user;
- only 140 characters are placed in the window, so it will not be possible to describe the situation in detail;
- it is recommended to state the requirements clearly and concisely;
- as soon as the letter is written, you should click on the “Continue” button;
- after pressing a key, the system may prompt you to contact the technical department for hot line mowing;
- if the user can conduct a dialogue, he must select the appropriate item;
- additionally, the contact number for communication is indicated.
- In 5-10 seconds the phone will receive an incoming call from the consultant of the company. He will tell you in detail how to unlink iPhone from Apple ID.
How to Delete Apple ID on iPhone
In 2018, Apple offered users the option to delete their account. This means that it will be impossible to recover data after its destruction. This method may be needed by the user in the event that the sale of a smartphone is required or the cell phone has been lost. Learn more about how to unlink iPhone from Apple ID.
Is it possible to delete by changing the current profile
If deleting an account requires a number of steps and a lot of time, then changing the current account is faster and easier. The smartphone owner does not need access to a computer or laptop. The whole operation is performed via a cell phone. The procedure is done according to the following scheme:
- first you need to go to the cellular settings;
- you will need to find a section with the user’s first and last name;
- the owner clicks on this item;
- then the screen is scrolled down until the “Exit” button appears;
- you should click on it to log out of your account;
- as soon as the logout is done, you can log into another profile.
The account change procedure is carried out within a few minutes. This method is considered available for deleting the old account.
If a user needs to delete their current account, they have several options. The easiest way is to change your profile. When this option is not suitable, you can clear your account through the official website.
Error “Failed to delete iCloud account” and how to fix it?
Greetings! The other day, to write one of the articles and prepare screenshots for it, I needed to sign out of the iCloud account on my iPhone. It’s more convenient this way. there is no need to erase your personal information and correct images. Since I sometimes perform such an operation several times a day, I went to the usual way to “Settings. iCloud. Exit”, entered the password (correct!) And here I was in for a surprise. I couldn’t get out.!
The iPhone happily gave me a window with the following content. “Failed to delete iCloud account. There was a problem unregistering this iPhone from iCloud. Please try deleting your account again. ” Naturally, I tried to do this operation again, and then again and again In the general attempt on the 11th, I got tired of it.
I thought, “Apparently, Find My iPhone is to blame. this is the root of all problems!” And he climbed to turn it off. The result was the following notification. “Find iPhone shutdown failed. There was a problem when canceling the registration “Everything is the same as in the previous paragraph, only the title is different.
Another thought came to me. probably, this is some kind of “glitch” of the firmware and it was simply installed incorrectly. So it would be nice to delete everything from the iPhone and set it up again. Fortunately, all my data is safely stored in “cloud” backups. It was useful to reset the settings and right! “Failed to erase iPhone. Having problem deregistering iCloud, please try to erase this iPhone again “.
Some nonsense, it constantly asks to go to iCloud, now some kind of “problem when the iPhone is canceled in iCloud” prevents me from leaving it, disable “find iPhone“, reset the settings.
It became interesting and I started looking for the reason. Judging by the Russian-language Internet, only one person faced such a misfortune. And then, on one of the well-known forums, his question simply went unnoticed 🙂
But overseas friends are familiar with this situation firsthand, it was they who suggested all the ways to deal with this error. Here’s what you can do to still remove iCloud from iPhone and beat the crash:
- The first step is to check the status of the Apple servers. It is quite possible that all this is a consequence of problems on the side of the apple corporation and here you will already do nothing. It only remains to wait.
- Be sure to check if your iPhone has an internet connection. A trifle, but anything can happen
- Disable password on device. The one that is set to lock the screen. You can do this by going to Settings. Touch ID & Password or Settings. Face ID & Password. Turn off your password and try to sign out of iCloud again.
- Go to “Settings. iCloud” and click on the name of the account, enter the password, then “Change”. It was at this moment that I displayed a new licensing agreement with Apple, which needed to be accepted. After that, everything worked as it should.
- Connect to iTunes and log in. For many, after connecting, the program asks for the password from iCloud, by entering which, it becomes possible to freely log out of the account directly from the device.
- Go to www.iCloud.com. open settings and manually remove the device from your account. Then do a similar operation on the phone.
- Put iPhone into firmware mode and restore iOS via iTunes. The option is of course 100% effective, but far from fast.
I agree that the list is quite long. But I highly recommend trying absolutely all options. some of them should definitely help.
The only moment before proceeding to at least. restoring the software, I strongly advise you to contact Apple technical support (a detailed article on how to do this). It may well be that you cannot log out of iCloud on an iPhone or iPad due to any problems with the Apple ID account itself (incorrect data, blocking, etc.). this really happens 🙁
Well, if everything is “OK” with accounting, then thanks to this instruction, now you know what to do!
As you can see, in order to fix the failure of iCloud removal and still get out of it, you will have to try. But the main thing is that these methods help and work.!
However, the above measures may not be enough, therefore, for greater fidelity, “experienced” device owners recommend taking two more steps:
Removal of the latter is carried out using a computer browser.
How to unlink iPhone from account
Let’s imagine a hypothetical, but no less frequent situation: you were given the opportunity to use, presented, leased an iPhone. First and foremost is to decouple it from the previous owner’s ID. We will tell you how to do this in this article.
Almost anyone, even the most novice user of Apple products, knows that Apple ID is an individual access to all the company’s services, which, moreover, allows, if necessary, to find a lost device and prevents a thief from using it. But what if you got a used iPhone with an unlocked ID? What to do in order not to end up with a very expensive and beautiful brick instead of a phone?
If you still have your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Before you sell, transfer, or donate a device to pay for a new device, you must remove all personal information from the device. Do not manually delete contacts, calendars, reminders, documents, photos, and other iCloud information while signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID. This will delete the content from the iCloud servers and all devices connected to the iCloud account.
- If your iPhone is paired with your Apple Watch, unpair.
- Back up your data on your device.
- Sign out of iCloud, iTunes Store, and App Store.
- If you are using iOS 10.3 or later, go to the Settings menu of [your name]. Scroll down and click Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and click Turn Off.
- If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to iCloud’s Settings Sign Out. Click the Sign out button again, click Remove from [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Go to Settings iTunes & App Store Apple ID Sign Out.
- Return to the Settings screen and tap General Reset Erase Content and Settings. If Find [device] is turned on, you may need to enter your Apple ID and password.
- If you are prompted for a device password or restrictions password, enter it. Then click “Erase [device]”.
- If you don’t plan on using Apple phones in the future, deregister iMessage.
- Contact your carrier for help transferring service rights to a new owner. If the device does not use a SIM card, you can contact the telecom operator and get advice on transferring the rights to services to the new owner.
If you erase all data on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Find [device] Activation Lock is disabled.
Disable Apple ID from smartphone
First you need to go through the Settings to the Apple cloud resource. iCloud. Having done this, you should scroll the window to the very end and double-click on the Exit button.
Then the system will ask you what to do with the data stored in the cloud. All this, of course, must also be removed. Here iOS will ask you to enter your Apple ID password to confirm the deletion. and you need to be ready for this.
In theory, after these steps, your device is untethered from the Apple ID of the previous owner. However, in order to be absolutely sure that during the next update, the smartphone will not ask you to enter a password you do not know, you should do something else.
Go to Settings. General. Reset and select the “Erase content and settings” tab. After that, the system can again request to enter the password of the previous owner. Do this, then click “Erase iPhone”.
Now all the data of the previous owner has been deleted and you can attach the device to your account with a clear conscience.
Resetting gadget settings and deleting data
The procedure begins with opening the phone menu (its parameters).
The item “Basic” is selected.
Having shaken the parameters down, it is important to stop at the “Reset” item, which is responsible for restoring the original parameters of the gadget.
All settings, as well as personal data are removed by clicking on the button “Erase settings and content”.
After entering the password (protective shooting gallery), the deletion of the existing information begins.