3 ways how to download music to iPhone: from computer via iTunes and iTools, directly from the Internet
Today I will tell you how to download music to iPhone memory in 3 different ways: from a computer via iTunes, using the iTools file manager and directly from the iPhone via the Internet.
How To Cancel Apple Music Subscription
How to Download Music to iPhone from Computer with iTools
There is a great iTunes alternative that allows you to download music to iPhone from your computer as quickly as possible without syncing them, it is called. iTools (free download).
Among other things, this manager allows you to transfer music from iPhone to computer and vice versa, and audio files will be available directly in the native iOS application “Music”.
It does not have the functionality of aytyuns in organizing a music collection, but many do not need this, because you can register metadata right in the operating system environment.
Connect the device to your computer with a USB cable and run iTools.
Go to the Music menu and click the Import button.
Select the required files and click “Open”.
Done, the selected files will be downloaded to the device memory and you can listen to them in the “Music” application.
Please note that if you download the same file via iTunes (as described above) and via iTools, you will have 2 identical files on your iPhone in the Music program.
Benefits of downloading music via iTools:
- distributed completely free of charge;
- content is downloaded without synchronization, and this is a huge time-saver (a large collection and a lot of software increases the synchronization time of the device with iTunes exponentially);
- downloaded content is available in the Music app (just like syncing iPhone with iTunes);
- works with devices without jailbreak;
- high download speed.
- no support for the Russian language (you don’t need it to download music);
- does not allow editing ID3 signatures (take care of this in advance);
- when uploading the same file via iTunes and iTools, there will be duplicates in the Music app.
The third and last method for today to download music content to the memory of an iOS gadget allows you to download it from the Internet directly from the iPhone.
How to download music via VLC
In the video, I uploaded music via VLC and showed how to share it with friends. You can see other ways to download music below.
Music format for iPhone
iTunes understands the following audio file formats:
- MP3 (from 16 to 320 Kbps);
- MP3 VBR;
- AAC Protected (from the iTunes Store)
- Audible (format 2,3,4);
- ALAC (Apple Lossless);
Officially, there is no popular WMA (Windows Media Audio) in the list of music formats supported by iTunes, when adding WMA files, they are automatically converted to AAC with a bitrate of 128 kbps (by default).
If you cannot upload a file to your iTunes library, then this format is not supported and you need to convert it to any other of the above list.
iPhone 11 Pro: How to Enable / Disable Apple Music
How to Download Music to iPhone
You can download music to iPhone or any other iOS device (iPod Touch or iPad) in several ways:
- from a computer via iTunes;
- from a computer via the iTools file manager;
- via the Internet without connecting to a computer (for devices with jailbreak).
The first 2 methods involve downloading music content from the hard drive of a personal computer based on Windows or Mac OS X. The latter allows you to download music from the Internet directly from the iPhone without having to connect it to the PC.
Unfortunately, not all known music formats are supported by iTunes, which means that they cannot be downloaded to the library.
How to Download Music to iPhone (from the Internet without iTunes)
It should be noted right away that this method works on a jailbroken iPhone or iPad. You can, of course, use downloaders from the App Store like iDownload Pro (link) with a built-in media player, only the downloaded music will be stored in the application itself. It will be impossible to listen to it together with the entire collection from the native iOS Music application, which is very inconvenient.
If you have a jailbroken iPhone or iPad, you can download music from the Internet directly to your device’s media library. To do this, you need to install a tweak from Cydia. Bridge. Officially available in the BigBoss repository (registered in Cydia by default), all devices with iOS 5.x-7.1.x are supported.
Before you can take advantage of Bridge, you need to find a direct link to download a music file. Direct, means no redirect (redirection), no need to enter “captcha”, logins and passwords.
- On iPhone, launch Safari and go to the site where you can get a direct link to the required audio file, for example, let it be: http://get-tune.net/.
Launch Bridge and go to the Download menu to the Enter URL page.
In the only field, paste the copied link (tap on the field and hold your finger until the context menu appears in which select “Paste”), tap on “Go” (Continue). The download process will begin.
When finished, Bridge will allow you to assign unique metadata to the file: Title, Artist, Album, Genre, Track No. photographic film). The app also lets you listen to the downloaded file.
Fill in the required fields (or leave arbitrary) and tap on “Import”. The file is imported into your iPhone library and is available with the assigned metadata in the Music app. Done!
Bridge is not the only program that allows you to directly download audio files to the iPhone’s memory, there are several more, for example. MewSeek. The application is officially available in Cydia in the BigBoss repository, it costs 4 times more expensive than Bridge (9.99), but also has a lot (with an emphasis on “and”) functionality: a built-in search engine based on various search engines. The applications work identically, in the video below you can familiarize yourself with the installation and operation of MewSeek and choose the optimal one for yourself.
Sync iTunes Music to iPhone
In order for the music from the iTunes library to be loaded into the iPhone’s memory, you need to sync it:
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable or Wi-Fi.
- Launch iTunes (if closed).
- Go to the “Overview” tab in the “Devices” section. Your device model “.
In the “Options” list, check the box next to “Process music and video manually”, this will allow you to flexibly configure the synchronization of the collection (in whole or separately by genres, artists, albums and playlists).
Go to the “Music” tab and check the box next to “Sync music”. Music content synchronization settings will become available.
If you want to download all the content of aytyuns, select “Entire Library”, a song counter will appear.
If you do not need the entire collection or it does not fit in the device’s memory, select “Favorite playlists, artists, albums and genres”.
Please note that along with the contents of the collection, the item “Automatically fill free space with songs” has appeared. Select it if you want to fill all the free space with music.
How to turn off auto-renewing Apple Music subscriptions on Mac and Windows computers
Go to your account settings through the main menu “Account”. “View account” or through the user menu to the left of the search and log in.
Scroll down the Apple ID information to the “Settings” section and click on the “Manage” label opposite the “Subscriptions” line. Information about your subscriptions will be loaded.
In the “Auto-renewal” list, check the “Off” checkbox and in the appeared window “Do you really want to turn off auto-renewal” click on the “Turn off” button, and then on “Finish”. Apple Music Streaming Service Paid Auto Renewals Will Be Disabled.
You can do the same in the Music app on your iPhone or iPad.
3 Ways to Unsubscribe from Apple Music: iPhone, iPad, Mac and Windows
Fear not, get an individual or family (up to 6 people) subscription to Apple Music for 169 and 269 rubles, respectively (for Russia). For other countries, the cost of individual access ranges from 1.99 / 2.99 (India) to 9.99 / 14.99 (US). The money from the card connected to the Apple ID will start automatically debiting in favor of Apple Music only 3 months after the date of the subscription (the trial period is 90 days). If you do not want to use the Apple music service for money, during this time, turn off the automatic renewal of the subscription. You can do this on a Windows computer and Mac, and on an iPhone or iPad.
How to turn off automatic renewals of Apple Music subscription on iPhone and iPad
In any section of the application in the upper left corner, click on the user icon. your account information will be loaded, and then on the line “View Apple ID”.
In the “Subscriptions” section, click on the “Manage” button, turn off the “Auto-renewal” switch and confirm your decision by clicking on “Turn off”. Auto-renewal of subscription will be disabled.
Subscription to Apple Music on iPhone and iPad can also be managed through the device settings in the menu “iTunes Store, App Store”: “Apple ID: your identifier”. View Apple ID. “Subscriptions”.
You can’t manage Apple Music subscriptions in a web browser on the Manage Apple ID page and in iCloud for Windows. But there are alternative ways:
- Add a reminder to turn off auto-renewal in Calendar or order Siri to do it after 2 months and 29 days.
- Unlink your bank card in Apple ID settings.
Do not deny yourself the pleasure, listen to licensed music in Apple Music. it’s completely free for 90 days. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time.
- Open “iTunes” and go to your account settings as shown below:
- Scroll down and in the “Settings” menu we find “Subscriptions”. Click “Manage”.
- Click “Change”.
- Click “Unsubscribe” and confirm the action.
After these manipulations, the work of paid services will automatically stop at the end of the paid period. In order to turn off your Apple Music subscription from your mobile operator, you need to refer to the latter.
Canceling your Apple Music subscription
Newly registered users receive free access to music content for three months when they provide their personal credit card details. After that, the service is automatically renewed if there is no chance to cancel it manually. over, this must be done at least one day before the expiration date. Apple Music gives you access to the company’s complete catalog of audio files, clips, playlists and more.
In order to remove the service, you need to perform several actions in the iPhone settings:
- Go to the “iTunes Store and App Store” section, and then to the Apple ID.
- Go to “Apple Music Subscription” in the appropriate section.
- Move down the profile page and click “Unsubscribe”.
- Confirm Action.
How to turn off music subscriptions on iPhone
Apple has made it possible to access content in some programs and services only with paid subscriptions. This content includes AppleMusic, News, press, software and service content. Their feature is automatic renewal, that is, they are constantly being improved and changed. In some cases, this causes inconvenience to the user, then it becomes necessary to terminate their functionality. Consider today how to turn off iPhone music subscription.
How to unsubscribe from Yandex.Music on iPhone
Installing the Yandex.Music application provides an opportunity to use the service for free for one month. Further, automatic renewal is carried out, and the service becomes paid. Some users get trashed by their own carelessness. They think that the service will always be free of charge, or it will turn off itself after the end of the free period. Imagine the amazement of the “iPhones” when a significant amount is debited from their account.
The Yandex.Music application did not provide settings for unsubscribing from mailings. This is not done to make life difficult for users. It is Apple policy to not embed third-party functionality into its designs.
To cancel your subscription in Yandex.Music, you need to go to the iPhone settings, in the same way as described above, then go to the iTunes store, App Store, select the Apple ID, then view the ID. After that, the user will be taken to the subscriptions section. The list contains Yandex. Music ”, open it and select the option to cancel subscriptions. Confirm Action.
Apple is often criticized for its branded web products. However, the music service is considered to be successful. Nevertheless, if for some reason the service does not suit the client, he has the right to unsubscribe from Apple Music. This action is “no hassle” and takes a little time.
Disconnect on TV
If you bought an Apple TV set-top box, you can only turn off subscriptions for those apps that run on the TVOS operating system. The procedure includes several steps:
- Sequentially open “Settings” → “Accounts” → “Subscriptions” → “Manage subscriptions”.
- In the pop-up list, find Apple Music and cancel it.
Important! If you are the owner of a third generation system. then to manage subscriptions you need to have an iOS device.
Types of Apple Music subscriptions
But first, let’s take a look at what types of Apple Music subscriptions are. At the time of this writing (March 2020), there are three of them:
- Individual subscription. It is monthly and annual. Its owner has access to the entire Apple Music library, including music expert recommendations and radio stations on demand.
- Group subscription. It is also called family. Allows you to listen to songs from different devices, which can be from one to six.
- Student subscription. It is intended for those taking an educational course at an educational institution that meets the requirements listed on the official Apple website. Allows you to use the app at a discounted price for four years (forty-eight months). Important! This period does not have to be continuous.
Apple Music subscription and how to turn it off on iPhone
Despite the fact that Apple Music is one of the most successful services from the “apple” company, some people still do not like it. The main reason is that it needs to be paid, and monthly. Today we are going to talk about how to turn off music subscriptions on iPhone.
Disconnect on computer: via iTunes and App Store
- Sign in to the service with your Apple ID or Touch ID (if your computer has one).
- Go to “Account” and from there to “View”. There you need to specify a password and click on “View”.
- Wait a few seconds until “Account Information” is displayed. There you need to click on “Settings”, and then on “Manage” (these buttons are located next to the “Subscriptions” parameter.
- At the end click on “Unsubscribe”.
- Log in to the service and click on your username.
- The menu that appears, find “Subscriptions”.
- Find Apple Music and at the bottom “Unsubscribe”.
Disconnect on iPhone
These rules apply not only to iPhone, but also to iPad and iPod touch. Proceed like this:
- Scroll down to the “iTunes Store and App Store” line.
A window will open in front of you, in which there will be an inscription “Subscriptions”. Select Apple Music and click on “Unsubscribe”.
Important! If you have days left in the paid period, then they will not go anywhere. In the next billing period, no funds will be charged.
If the application is not displayed, and the money was debited from the bank card, then check the correctness of the identifier. If this did not help, then, most likely, the subscription was issued not through an intermediary iTunes, but directly from the developer. In such a situation, you will have to contact the author of the application and solve the problem through him.
How to turn off music subscriptions on iPhone?
Before you start reading the instructions on how to unsubscribe from Apple Music on iPhone, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- After the last day of the paid period has ended, you will not be able to play any tracks. Apple, unlike other companies, does not provide a free partial version.
- If you have canceled the service on iPhone, then there is no need to do the same on other devices (computer, TV, etc.), provided that all gadgets operate on the same identifier.
- Apple Music is supported by different devices, which makes canceling it slightly different.
How to Cancel Auto Renewal of Apple Music Subscription on iPhone?
In order to cancel the automatic renewal of your Apple Music subscription on iPhone (this will happen three months after the start of the trial period), you need to:
- Open the Music app. Go to your account and “Settings”.
- Click on the “View Apple ID” button, then enter your username and password.
- In the subscription management menu, opt out of automatic renewal.
We hope our article was clear and helped turn off Apple Music subscriptions. If you still have questions, then ask them in the comments.