First, you need to press the power button on the right edge of your new iPhone to turn it on. You may need to hold it for 1-2 seconds until you feel the vibration. Then you will need to do the following:
- Press the Home button to start the setup wizard.
- Choose a suitable language. English is at the top of the list to make it easy to find. If you want to select Russian or another language, you need to scroll down the list until you find the desired option.
- Choose your country. USA is usually at the top of the list, but to select another country, scroll down the list.
- Connect iPhone 7 to the Internet to activate it. For this, a Wi-Fi wireless network is used. You need to find the name of your network in the list and click on it.
- Enter the wireless password that may be displayed on your router. It can be called WPA Key, WEP Key, or Wireless Passphrase. After entering the password, click “Join”.
- The Wi-Fi symbol should appear on the notification bar at the top of the screen. Now the iPhone 7 will automatically sync with Apple, and this process may take several minutes.
- You need to specify whether to enable location services by clicking on the appropriate line. They can be useful for maps and weather forecasting applications.
- Then you will be asked about setting up Touch ID. the fingerprint recognition system. Thanks to this feature, you can use your fingerprint instead of a password. To set up Touch ID, place your finger on the Home button, but do not press it. To skip this setting, you can click Set Up Touch ID Later.
- The user will be asked to set up a password to protect the iPhone. If you have not previously configured Touch ID, you will need to use a password. The phone will provide several options for protecting your information. You should click “Password Options” to select a blocking method.
- You can set your own numeric or alphanumeric code. If you have configured Touch ID, then the option “Do not add password” should appear. You must click on a specific option to select it.
- You need to enter the passcode using the on-screen keyboard.
- Confirm the password by re-entering. If the entered combinations do not match, then you will be asked to type them again.
iPhone 7: setup guide
For iPhone 7, the manual may be needed for those who are new to Apple products and other smartphones. experienced users usually master new devices on their own, because modern phones are favorably distinguished by an intuitive interface.
If you open a box with a new iPhone 7, then you need to make sure that it contains the following components:
- mobile phone;
- information package with a tool for removing the SIM card;
- USB cable;
- charger (mains adapter);
- headphones with a built-in remote control;
- adapter Lightning to 3.5 mm;
- iPhone 7 user manual.
Before starting the configuration, you need to make sure that the SIM card is inserted into the phone. If you have an Internet connection, you will not need to connect your device to your computer to activate. You can go back 1 page in the setup screen by clicking the corresponding arrow in the upper left corner. To go to the next page, you must click the “Next” button in the upper right corner.
Basic phone functions
In the last step of the installation, you will be asked about applications. If you’ve used an iPhone before, you can quickly and easily restore all your apps and other data using your iCloud or iTunes backups. Most of your data can be transferred from your Android device too.
To make a call using a new phone, you need to follow these steps:
- Find the “Phone” icon in the list of applications. It should look like a green square with a white tube inside. Usually this icon is located in the lower left corner of the desktop.
- After launching the application, you will have several options to choose from at the bottom of the screen. First, you can select the numeric keypad.
- Dial the number and press the green button to make a call.
- It will be even easier to call a subscriber entered in the phone book. After opening the “Phone” application, select “Contacts”.
- Scroll through the list of contacts and select the name of the person you want to call, after which the smartphone will automatically dial the desired number.
If your Wi-Fi connection is slow or unstable, you can turn it off for a while to use the internet provided by your mobile operator. At the same time, you need to carefully study your tariff plan so as not to accidentally exceed the limit on data download.
What happens if you change the Home button on an iPhone7 or 8?
When replacing the Home button ribbon cable in iPhone 7, 7, 8, 8, the button starts to noticeably overheat and the consumption on the motherboard increases. This means the battery will drain faster. What is the reason for this? Nobody can say for sure, but it looks like when the home button is replaced, it is not recognized by the processor and the button operation algorithm loops. If it is true. there is still hope that the situation can be corrected by Apple by releasing a new firmware in which the button operation algorithm will be changed.
What to do if the home button in iPhone 7 is cracked?
Change to a special Bluetooth button. This procedure is described in the next paragraph. In this case, the fingerprint cannot be saved.
There is a solution! Home button in iPhone 7 and 8 can now be replaced
One of the essential innovations of the iPhone in terms of hardware was the Home button on the iPhone 7. In addition to the chips that everyone knows and uses, there is one very unpleasant news. If this button is damaged. it cannot be replaced. This is confirmed by our masters and tested in practice.
How to repair the Home button?
First of all, you need to diagnose. To do this, you need to know the following: the button itself (round glass) transmits a signal to the button loop. Then, on the loop chip, the signal is processed and transmitted to the backlight loop of the display module. The display module is connected to the board with two loops. One of them (which has fewer pins on the connector) and transfers the backlight signal and HOME buttons to the motherboard. Diagnostics consists in checking all this path and if it is possible to find out where the signal is lost. we start repairing.
If the problem is in the display module. we change the backlight or the entire module. If the problem is in the Home button loop. looking for damage or oxidation. Sometimes, in this case, replacing the chip on the loop helps if there is no visible damage. If the loop is damaged, you can try to restore it.
To date, there is no way to restore the broken HOME button. But it became possible to replace the damaged button with a new one that works via Bluetooth.
How to replace the HOME button in iPhone 7, 8, 7plus, 8Plus?
The only option we can offer. install a special bluetooth button instead of the original button, which outwardly does not differ from the original. It connects to the phone via bluetooth once during installation and works continuously without problems until you turn off Bluetooth in the phone or do a factory reset. The Touch ID fingerprint will no longer work on the phone. For the price and timing, call us or go for a free diagnosis.
How to remove the Home button from the iPhone screen?
Deactivation of the “Assistive Touch” function is performed in the same way as activation. You just need to follow on the iPhone along the path “Settings”. “General”. “Accessibility”. “Assistive Touch” and switch the toggle switch of the same name to the inactive position.
The square with a white circle inside will disappear from the screen.
How to use Assistive Touch?
First of all, you need to place the function menu start button in a convenient place. You can move it along the screen frames by holding it with your finger. You can’t place a key in the center of the screen.
Having decided on the location of the button, click on it. You will see a menu like this:
At the bottom of the menu there is a virtual Home button displayed on the screen. The functionality of the virtual button is 100% consistent with the functionality of the physical one. in particular, a long press on it will launch Siri.
There are other options in the Assistive Touch main menu:
Notification Center. allows you to call the screen with notifications. The traditional way to bring up this screen is by swiping from top to bottom. Voice control is another way to “wake up” Siri. Control Center. Allows you to display a menu for quick control of some of the iPhone’s functions. Pressing this key actually replaces the bottom-up swipe. Favorites. Through “Favorites”, you can activate gestures that the user has created independently. To start creating a new gesture, go to “Favorites” and click on any of the squares with a “” inside.
Also in the main menu “Assistive Touch” there is a button “Apparatus”. By clicking on it, you will be taken to a submenu, where you will find on-screen keys that allow you to perform actions such as locking / rotating the screen and changing the volume of the device.
With the help of “Assistive Touch” you can even take a picture of the iPhone screen. for this, in the function menu, go along the path “Apparatus”. “” and click on the “Screenshot” button. Only static images should be photographed in this way, because the on-screen element is triggered with a significant delay.
On devices running iOS 9, the “Assistive Touch” main menu is customizable. In particular, users are able to increase the number of icons in the main menu to 8 pieces.
How to display the Home button on the iPhone screen?
Until the user goes to the workshop to repair the broken Home button, he can control the device using software emulation of this key. The virtual Home button is very convenient and will definitely not fail.
On iPhones, there is only one physical navigation button. the Home button, which is located under the screen in the middle. This key allows you to minimize applications, call the virtual assistant Siri and perform many other necessary actions. It becomes almost impossible to control a gadget without the “Home” button. but what if it is out of order??
Fortunately, Apple has provided the ability to display the Home button on the iPhone screen. You will learn how to do this by reading this article.
How to set up quick access to “Assistive Touch”?
You can adjust your iPhone so you don’t have to navigate through the settings to launch Assistive Touch. Here’s how to do it:
Go to the “Accessibility” section in the main settings of the gadget and scroll the screen to the very end. Below you will see the subsection “Keyboard shortcuts”.
In the subsection “Keyboard shortcuts” check the box next to “AssistiveTouch”.
After that, you can call the “Assistive Touch” menu launch button by triple pressing the physical “Home” key and hide it in the same way.
iPhone 7 Plus home button replacement
How to enable “Assistive Touch”?
Assistive Touch enables you to display the Home button on your iPhone. This function is intended for people with disabilities, however, owners of gadgets with faulty physical keys use it more often.
The Assistive Touch function is especially popular among Chinese users. in the Middle Kingdom, almost half of iPhones are controlled “from the screen”. Practical Chinese argue that this method of control is not only more convenient, but also prevents wear and tear on the physical buttons.
How do you set up Assistive Touch? It is enough to perform a few steps:
Go to “Settings” and follow the path “General”. “Accessibility”.
In the “Accessibility” section, find the “Interaction” block. It will have a subsection “Assistive Touch”. go to it.
Toggle the Assistive Touch slider to the active position.
A translucent square with a white circle inside will appear on the screen. the menu launch button.
How to Replace an iPhone 7 Home Button Without Breaking it
This means that the “Assistive Touch” function is activated and you can control the gadget without resorting to physical keys.
“Assistive Touch” can be enabled on any Apple device with iOS version higher than 5.0.
Although the virtual button “Assistive Touch” can completely replace the physical button “Home”, this does not mean that you can wait to repair the device. If the gadget is under warranty, the user should go to the service center immediately. otherwise he runs the risk of saying goodbye altogether to the hope of free fixing the defect.
How to customize the home button on iPhone 6?
- To customize accessibility shortcuts, go to Settings Accessibility Shortcuts and choose the features you use most.
- To use the quick command for accessibility, press the Home button three times.
How to lock the screen on iPhone?
If you haven’t already turned on AssistiveTouch first, go to Settings. General. Accessibility. AssistiveTouch. Next, in the AssistiveTouch menu, find 3D Touch. In the list that opens, select Lock Screen. Done!
How to display the Home button on the iPhone 7 screen?
Displaying the “Home” button directly on the screen of the iOS device!
- Go to the iPhone or iPad settings. open the main ones. universal access.
- Almost at the very bottom of the list, we find the item. AssistiveTouch, go into it and activate the function by moving the slider.
How to add a home button to your screen?
We go along the path “Settings”. “System”. “System navigation”. Open the navigation button settings. Now you need to move the toggle switch to the inactive position, after which “Home” will no longer appear on the screen of the Android device.
Why does the Home button not work on Samsung?
If you are faced with the fact that the Samsung Galaxy Home button does not work (the “home” button does not work), then in most cases this is caused by the previously mentioned falls, mechanical stress, but also the ingress of water (or dirt, dust), which leads to malfunctions of the Home button loop and, as a result, it does not respond
How to customize the Home button on iPhone 7?
How to customize the response of the Home touch button on iPhone 7
- Open the settings on your smartphone and go to the main
- Select “Home Button” from the list to access response settings
- The system offers 3 different options. Try each one and choose the one that suits you best.
- Leave the settings when you find the recoil force satisfactory for you
How to unlock iPhone without pressing a button?
How to unlock iPhone or iPad with one tap without pressing the Home button (for iOS 13 and newer)
- Open the “Settings” application;
- Go to the section “Accessibility” → “Home button“;
- Activate the “Swipe to open” option.
Home Button Advantages and Disadvantages
The home button on the iPhone 8 and other touchscreen versions of the smartphone has both pros and cons. The benefits include:
- significant reduction in the likelihood of breakage of the mechanism, thanks to the installation of a touch key.
- there was an option to adjust the force of pressing, which makes it possible for any user to adapt the operation of the apple phone to their preferences.
The disadvantages include the fact that the touch button on the iPhone 7 works only from interaction with the skin of the fingers without gloves. This can be difficult for users living in the northern regions.
New features of the Home touch button
Apple phone models, starting from version 7, have been significantly improved. They have a special design, where the home button on the iPhone, unlike previous models, is tactile. It is complemented by a Taptic Engine that generates sensory feedback rather than mechanical feedback. Now, when touched, the vibration of the iPhone 7 home button is triggered. Depending on the strength of the impact on the key, the user can unlock the screen, open the list of “Quick Actions”, “Reminders”, “Messages”, etc.
How to customize the Home button on iPhone 7, 8
The home button on iPhone is the most used key. Every user should know how to customize the home button on iPhone 7 and other iPhone models. This is what will be discussed.
To use your smartphone comfortably, the home button on the iPhone 7 must be properly configured. This procedure allows you to select the optimal intensity of the touch response.
How to customize the response of the Home button on iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
The tactile response can vary significantly. In order for the smartphone to notify the user correctly, it is necessary to set up the home button on the iPhone 7. The “Home” sensor determines the force of pressing and reacts to this by calling the voice assistant Siri, unlocking the screen or other option.
If the smartphone is supposed to be used in conjunction with a case, then before setting up the home button on the iPhone 7, you should put on a plastic or other decorative element. This, as well as the type of surface where the phone is located, affects the recognition quality.
To change the response mode you need to:
- open “Settings”;
- subsection “Basic”;
- select the item “Home button” from the list;
- iOS will offer 3 different options as numbers. Choosing, for example, 1, you need to check if it fits. To do this, touch the Home key and the sensor responds with an entry-level vibration. Decide on a convenient response type based on preference.
Keep in mind that setting up the home key on iPhone 8 affects screen unlocking, taking screenshots, multitasking, etc. Next, in the upper right corner of the display, select the “Finish” button to save the settings.
How to Customize iPhone 7 Home Button
Double-tapping the home button on iPhone 7 moves the home screen down for a couple of seconds and lets you easily open even the most distant icon.