How to make a wired connection
Let’s start with the first method. via hdmi. This is the most used method and is quite SIMple. As it was said earlier, this requires a special cable, at one end of which there is an hdmi connector. to the TV, on the other micro-usb. to the phone.
- Be sure to turn off your phone and TV;
- Connect all wires;
- Turn on both devices;
- Using the remote control, go to the settings on the TV (“Input”), select the option “Broadcast via HDMI” or SIMply “HDMI”;
- To adjust the image / sound quality, you can go to the settings on the phone, then to HDMI, to HDMIFormat. Do not select parameters higher than the TV allows, otherwise the work will be incorrect;
Now let’s look at connecting via a regular usb cable. This method can only view media files: photos, pictures or turn on music.
- Turn off both devices again before starting;
- Plug the cable into the phone on one side, into the TV on the other;
- Turn on your smartphone and TV;
- On TV, select usb connection;
Moving on to wireless connections. Let’s start with Wi-Fi Direct. The main feature of this method is that such a connection can only be made to TVs with the Smart TV function. These are, for example, on Samsung TVs.
- Check if the phone and the TV are on the same Wi-Fi network, if they are connected to the same router. this is important;
- Go to “Settings”;
- Further. “Wi-Fi”;
how to connect xiaomi to tv
- At the bottom, find the “Advanced / Additional Settings” tab or immediately the “Wi-Fi Direct” tab.
- In the page that opens, a search will begin for nearby devices. TVs. When your TV is found, connect, and in the TV settings, establish a connection with Wi-Fi Direct.
- To display, for example, from the site “YouTube”, in the functionality you need to click on “View on TV”.
How to connect Xiaomi to a TV: methods and what you need for them
You can connect your phone to your TV in completely different ways: both wired and wireless, even with the help of other applications. That is, for a wired connection, special cables will be needed, and for a wireless connection, activation of the corresponding functions.
- Via HDMI. To do this, you will need a dedicated hdmi cable, which is SIMilar to a regular USB cable, but slightly smaller.
- You can connect your phone to your TV via usb. Please note that this connection may not always be complete and of sufficient quality. Standard cable.
how to connect xiaomi to tv
- Wi-Fi connection. Wi-Fi Direct option. You will need to find a TV with a phone in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Using third-party programs and software.
How to connect to xiaomi screen mirroring
instruction, using the example of Redmi Note 8 Pro
- First, you can view any media on your TV, which means on the big screen. This is convenient in those situations when you just need to see something in a large format, or you go to visit friends, and at the same time want to show new photos. Yes, even bring movies to the big screen without using a PC, flash drives or any applications on the phone.
- Replacing the Internet. Let’s say you don’t have internet at home. But this does not mean that you cannot watch movies ors from Internet sites. It is enough just to have mobile Internet on your phone by connecting the latter to a TV.
- If you have a Smart TV, you can work with documents: text files, music, some programs, even SMS.
- Browse sites. Unfortunately, not all sites have mobile versions, which makes browsing less convenient. But this can be fixed by displaying the site on TV.
- Presentations. The situation is quite relevant when people presenting something to their colleagues or partners do not use flash drives or PCs, but SIMply bring a phone and a usb cable. this saves space and time.
As you can see, in most cases, a smartphone replaces a PC, but this is more a plus than a minus.
How to find out if your xiaomi smartphone supports mhl technology?
The easiest way is to go to the official website. Enter your model and find out the answer. You should understand that not all models can be included in the list (it is updated over time).
Another option is to download the MHL Checker app to your phone. Run the application and if it shows “don’t support”, then your phone does not support the MHL interface. With the inscription “support MHL”. supports.
How to connect Xiaomi to TV: methods and instructions
Everyone knows that today’s phones have a lot of useful features. You need to charge the phone in 15 minutes. please, you need to record a telephone conversation. no problem, so even for those who want to connect a Xiaomi phone to TV, there is a suitable option, which will be discussed in today’s article.
Why do you need to make such a connection
It would seem that a telephone is a telephone, they speak on it, and a TV-set is a television, films and programs are watched on it. Why combine these two?
In fact, the connection between smartphone and TV has many advantages.
Third party programs and applications
In addition to standard methods of connection or connection through settings, there are several special software that can be downloaded. They are not worse than the ones described above, they just have different features.
Examples of such utilities:
- “BubbleUPnP”. Quite a popular application, a bit SIMilar to usb connection, of course, without using cables. The disadvantage is that you cannot look, but you can view photos, pictures, listen to music and work with documents. You can download it from the Play Market. Of the mandatory conditions being in the same Wi-Fi network.
how to connect xiaomi to tv. program
- “Miracast”. “Wireless Display” is used. The program was developed by a well-known manufacturer Intel. Android OS version 4.2 and higher is required. Sometimes there are quality distortions or broadcast delays.
- Of additional devices, it is also worth mentioning a special device. an electronic key from “MiraScreen”. You can order this on Aliexpress, the price is quite low. Connection and adjustment of the connection is carried out using a special key on the device.
how to connect xiaomi to tv
upd from 5.10 2020.
Our editorial office receives many questions:
- how to connect to xiaomi screen mirroring?
- Which smartphones support mhl technology?
- the TV does not see the xiaomi phone?
We answer your questions. If you have any difficulties, then write in the comments, we will try to help.
TV does not see xiaomi phone
To solve the problem, you need to go to developer mode. Next, look for the “USB Debugging” menu and activate the slider.
Choosing a connection type
There are two options for how to connect the router to the TV:
- Wirelessly. in this case, no additional manipulations are required. You have a router, and the TV just needs to turn on the outlet.
- Via cable. direct TV connection. For how to connect correctly, see this chapter.
Very often in new apartments, people in advance throw a regular Internet wire to the TV from the hallway to the hall, or to any other place where the TV will hang or stand. When the provider throws a wire from the entrance to the apartment, you can put the router to distribute Wi-Fi, and plug the cable from the TV directly. This reduces the load of radio frequencies within the apartment and improves the quality of communication.
So let’s make a direct wire connection first. Plug one end of the wire into the connector on the TV. it is often labeled as a LAN port. But do not mix it up, because it will not enter other ports.
And the other end will need to be plugged into the router. Find the LAN port on it as well. In home routers, there are usually 4-6 of them and they are marked in yellow. Plug into any of the free connectors.
Sometimes the connection can be through a modem and a router.
Or if there is no equipment, the wire can be inserted directly.
At the stage of connection, everything went well, it remains to make the settings on the TV. We will analyze the settings of the most popular models: LG, Samsung, Sony and Xiaomi.
- Turn on the black box, or better to say the black square from the remote control.
- Click on the “Home” button.
- Using the navigation on the control panel, go to the bottom and click on the gear icon (Settings).
- Feel free to scroll down to the planet icon or network section.
- We are interested in the first tab “Network Connection”.
Registering in the LG app
I highly recommend registering an account with LG to be able to access the LG App Store apps. There are paid, there are free programs that you can install on your TV. To register, we go through a SIMple procedure:
- In the main menu at the top you will find a button to enter the account. Just go to this section.
- Next, you will see a form for authorization, but we need to register.
- Now we enter your email address, which will receive a confirmation email and password.
- We check the mail and in the corresponding letter click on the link to confirm the registration.
- Now we go back to the settings and enter the login information. At the end, you may be asked to enter additional information about yourself, just click “NO”.
|Connection||HDMI 2.0 and LAN|
|Resolution support||K UHD, Full HD 1080p, HD 720p|
|Wireless frequency||2.4 Hz|
|Speed when directly connecting a wire from a router||100 Mbps|
|RAM||2 GB DDR4|
|Built-in memory||16 GB|
Modern Xiaomi TVs have a built-in Waf-fi adapter. The connection is a little easier than on previous models. True, as some users complain, some TV sets do not have Russian. We hope the manufacturer will add it to the firmware in the future.
- Turn on the TV.
- Next, you need to bind the remote control. We hold down the two side buttons for 2-3 seconds. If nothing works, bring the PU closer to the TV set.
- The device will now automatically detect the nearest air networks. Choose yours and enter the password.
- Then we just go further. To do this, select the arrow button in the upper right menu. To change the language go to the “Settings”.
- Now you need to choose one of the connection options. There is nothing difficult in this, we select the left block “Connecting to a wired network”.
- Telik will start frantically searching for all air networks. To select exactly your Wi-Fi, click “List of networks”. But we are not interested in all sorts of Wi-Fi, and we choose “Wired Network”.
- Select “IP Auto Settings” for the TV to catch the address from your router. Now we press “Exit”.
This company has an offline connection setup mode for a wired connection.
- In the main menu, click “Network” and go to “Network Settings”.
- In the “Network Type” section, put “Cable”, and then click “Connect”.
Beelink GT1 mini
|Connection||HDMI 2.0 and LAN|
|Resolution support||K UHD, Full HD 1080p, HD 720p|
|Wireless frequency||2.4. 5 Hz|
|Speed when directly connecting a wire from a router||1000 Mbps|
|OS||Android 8.1 Oreo|
|RAM||2 GB DDR4|
|Built-in memory||16 GB|
In fact, this is the same Smart TV set-top box, only made specifically for families using Apple products. So if you each have an IPhone, iPad, and instead of a standard computer there is a MAC or MacBook, then this option will suit you much better. On the official website of Apple TV, the set-top box costs around 12,000 rubles.
Above you can see the standard kit. At the same time, HDMI cable is sold separately. Well, no one in their right mind would use a USB in TV. Since the picture is lame and may lag. In short, the “Apple” company, as always. everything to a minimum. The cable is clear stump. you have to buy.
Mirrorlink and CarPlay
In the list of the technologies mentioned, the Mirrorlink and CarPlay protocols stand out. Although they serve to connect smartphones to external displays, they are not intended for use with a TV at home or at work, but for communication with the vehicle’s on-board system.
Mirrorlink is a public standard that smartphone manufacturers can use on any platform. Connection to the car is carried out using a USB cable, and the on-board computer screen can display both a SIMple image from the smartphone display and applications optimized for use in a car.
CarPlay works in a SIMilar way, except that this technology, like AirPlay, is strictly proprietary, and is only available for Apple mobile devices running iOS. When you connect your iPhone or other compatible device to your vehicle, a range of adapted applications are available, including phone, maps, messages and music. You can control programs in several ways, depending on whether the car manufacturer has provided them. using the touch screen of the on-board computer, using the buttons on the steering wheel and dashboard, or by voice using Siri.
The appearance on the market of a large number of cars with support for Mirrorlink and Carplay is expected in the second half of 2014, and in the future, more and more automakers intend to implement support for these protocols.
The closest competing standard to MHL is Analogix’s SlimPort, which in turn is based on VESA’s DisplayPort technology.
SlimPort’s capabilities are very close to the MHL specifications: 4K and 8-channel audio are supported. By its principle of operation, SlimPort is also practically indistinguishable from MHL: a micro-USB connector is used as an input on a smartphone, and to connect a monitor or TV with DisplayPort or HDMI support, a special adapter is required, SIMilar to those used with MHL.
There is also a SlimPort adapter from micro-USB to VGA, but this is rather exotic, although it may come in handy for someone.
Despite such a number of SIMilarities, there is still a difference between the standards. First, SlimPort does not require external power for smartphones. Secondly, by means of SlimPort, the possibility of USB-host operation was initially implemented. the corresponding devices can be connected directly to the SlimPort-HDMI adapter. Well, and thirdly, SlimPort, like DisplayPort, unlike HDMI, is free of any patent fees.
It is important to note that SlimPort is not MHL compatible (despite using the same micro-USB connector) and is less common. This standard is currently used in the latest devices in the Nexus line, including the Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2013), as well as some Chromebooks.
All previously described standards in one way or another meant physically connecting a smartphone to a TV, but now many manufacturers are trying to get rid of wires between devices. One of the most common ways to do this is the Miracast standard developed by the Wi-Fi alliance and based on Wi-Fi Direct technology, which appeared relatively recently, in 2012.
Miracast does not require any additional transmitters in mobile devices, except for the already built-in Wi-Fi module, and interaction with the TV can be carried out both through the built-in Wi-Fi, and through an external dongle connected to the HDMI connector. The Miracast standard has a high speed of operation, supports transmission in a resolution of up to 1920×1200 pixels (there is no possibility to transmit 4K images at the moment) and 5.1-channel Dolby AC3 sound.
Of course, Miracast’s performance is noticeably weaker than that of MHL or SlimPort. But this cannot be called a significant drawback: today, few people may need to display a higher quality image on a TV than this standard allows. The main obstacle to using Miracast may be the incompatibility of its implementations in various models of smartphones, TVs and dongles. Considering that at the moment the Miracast standard is not even two years old, we can hope that in the near future it will catch up with wired competitors in terms of characteristics and become universal.
Wireless Display technology, or WiDi for short, developed by Intel, is served as an alternative to Miracast and is compatible with WiDi 3.5 since version. The characteristics of the transmitted. and audio streams are also very close to Miracast: the maximum resolution is 1080p and 5.1-channel surround sound.
AirPlay is a proprietary technology that was developed by Apple only for its own devices that can serve as content transmitters. You can receive and play content either through the Apple TV set-top box, or using one of the many compatible devices (among which there are media players, and music centers, and many other gadgets), which are certified by Apple itself. In this case, no additional configuration by the user is required. it is enough that both devices are in the same local network.
Initially, the AirPlay protocol only allowed transferring. and audio files from the corresponding applications to the iPhone or iPod, but with the introduction of the AirPlay Mirorring technology, which first appeared in the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, it became possible to display a direct picture from the display of a smartphone or tablet on a large screen. This, for example, allows you to play on a large display, show presentations, work with documents and perform many other previously inaccessible actions.
How to connect a smartphone to a TV?
Since smartphones and tablets actually ceased to be inferior in capabilities to conventional PCs, many users rightly wanted to connect them to external displays, be they TVs or regular monitors. This can be done for various purposes: for convenient surfing, if a full-fledged computer is not at hand, for showing presentations, or even for watching movies directly from a smartphone or even from an online service. However, there is still no single standard for outputting. and audio signal to TVs, so we decided to figure out how this can still be done and what is needed for this.
One of the first standards that made it possible to connect smartphones to a large screen was the High Definition Multimedia Interface, or HDMI. True, when HDMI first appeared in 2002, there was no talk of devices: the standard was primarily intended for TVs and stationary media players.
Later, when smartphones and tablets became mainstream, the standard HDMI connector was downsized, resulting in two new types of connectors: mini-HDMI and micro-HDMI. They have full compatibility with a standard connector, and you can connect devices with miniature connectors to external displays using either special HDMI-mini-HDMI and HDMI-micro-HDMI cables, or a regular HDMI-HDMI cable with the required adapter.
Several technology companies are involved in the development of the HDMI standard, including Philips, Hitachi and Sony. Interestingly, each manufacturer pays the consortium for each HDMI-enabled device 4 cents, or 15 cents if the standard logo is not specified. In 2002, the first version of HDMI supported Full HD at 60Hz, 8-channel 192kHz (24-bit) audio, and a maximum bandwidth of 4.9Gbps. Since then, HDMI capabilities have continuously grown with the introduction of new specifications: the quality of transmitted and audio streams has improved, 3D support has appeared, and content protection has been implemented.
The latest HDMI specification, HDMI 2.0, which is about to become widespread, supports Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 pixels) at 60 fps, or Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) in 3D, while still displaying images in the new aspect ratio. 21: 9. The new version of the standard also allows you to transmit high-quality 24-channel audio with a sampling rate of up to 1536 kHz. The total bandwidth of HDMI 2.0 cable is up to 18Gbps.
The advantages of HDMI include widespread use and no need for external power when connecting devices, as well as a free micro-USB port to which you can connect peripherals. The main disadvantage of HDMI in relation to smartphones can probably be called the need for a separate connector on the device’s case, which complicates the development of the gadget and increases its thickness. This flaw was corrected in the MHL standard, which is based on HDMI and was originally developed with an eye on mobile devices.
The Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) consortium includes Toshiba and Sony in the HDMI design, with Samsung and Nokia joining them.
MHL combines the functionality of the HDMI and micro-USB interfaces: via HDMI, you can transmit high-definition and sound, and using the micro-USB standard, you can charge the device. The MHL 3.0 specification, adopted in late summer 2013, allows you to transmit in Ultra HD resolution at 30 Hz, 7.1-channel audio with support for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, and also charge devices with up to 10 watts. The first devices to support MHL 3.0 were the Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone and Sony Xperia Tablet Z2, presented at the MWC 2014 in Barcelona.
All MHL cables are generally classified into three types. The first and most common. a small adapter with an HDMI input for connecting an HDMI cable from a TV, a micro-USB input for connecting an external power supply (without this, the image output SIMply won’t work) and a micro-USB output for connecting to the corresponding smartphone connector. This method is universal, but inconvenient in that it requires, in addition to the adapter itself, two more cables.
This disadvantage is intended to eliminate a new type of MHL cables, which can directly connect the HDMI-out of the TV and the MHL-out of the smartphone. At the same time, the smartphone’s battery is charged directly via an HDMI cable, and the device does not require external power, but not all TV models support this feature yet.
The third type of MHL cables is an exclusive development of Samsung; they can be found both as separate adapters and as part of other accessories, for example, docking stations. The main difference from standard MHL connectors is the use of additional contacts. 11 pins in the connector versus the standard 5 micro-USB pins. This solution allows Samsung to expand the functionality of the MHL standard (for example, it becomes possible to connect peripheral devices), but it makes 5-pin connectors incompatible with 11-pin devices without special adapters, as well as, vice versa, 11-pin cables with all other smartphones.
The main advantage of the combined MHL connector in comparison with the “classic” HDMI is that there is no need to use two connectors in mobile devices at once, as well as the ability to SIMultaneously charge a smartphone. Of the minuses, it can be noted that it is impossible to SIMultaneously use a USB host and MHL, which makes it impossible to connect to a gadget, for example, an external drive for watching movies. Samsung devices and accessories that implement the functionality of a USB host through MHL are devoid of such a drawback, but this standard is incompatible with other MHL devices.
Within the framework of this material, we cannot consider all methods of displaying images from a smartphone screen to a TV or external monitor. For example, there are various applications that allow you to duplicate the screen of a handheld device on a monitor connected to a PC. Nevertheless, we tried to tell you about the most common and universal methods, knowledge of which will be useful if you need to show a presentation on a large screen or just watch a movie directly from your smartphone. We hope that the article helped to understand the interweaving of various standards and their sometimes incompatible specifications: each of the described methods has a number of pros and cons, so we advise you to choose the one that is most convenient and accessible to you.
How to connect a laptop to a TV using Wi-Fi?
Do you want to connect your laptop to your TV? In this article, we’ll show you how you can do this in several ways. Someone asks, what to talk about when there are DVI and HDMI cables? There is a counter question to this: why spend enough money to purchase a multi-meter wire, when both the TV and the PC are supported wirelessly.
The creation of such bundles, sometimes it is necessary to use the LCD as a second monitor and comfortably watch movies, pictures or other multimedia content transmitted from the computer’s HDD.
Below are the connection instructions adapted for all the most modern versions of Windows. Let’s take a closer look at options such as using a Wi-Fi adapter and a DLNA server.
To connect to a TV receiver using Wi-Fi, you need to make sure that the TV itself has already become an element of the same subnet as a personal computer. That is, they must receive traffic from a single router. However, if the panel supports a technology called Wi-Fi Direct, then the need for a router will disappear. You only need to connect to the network created by the TV.
Now you need to configure your DLNA server. Sounds impressive, when in reality it’s just giving you access to those folders that are used for storage. as well as other content. To do this, the state of the Wi-Fi network must be switched to the “home” position. This should be done on a PC. There will be access to folders called “”, “music”, as well as all the rest.
If there is a desire to “expand” one of the directions, just click with the right mouse button on its name and find the item in which the properties are collected. After that, there is the “Access” tab. Now we perform the following actions in the same sequence as in the photo below.
In addition, a quick access opening can also be done using a conductor. There is a section with networks and click on “Network Discovery and Access”. Longer assistant will tell you what to do.
If none of the above could be found, then perhaps someone before you already had a chance to configure full access and create a TV-PC network.
It is necessary to say about one more thing: with the correct DLNA setup, any movie from the ones available on the computer is selected, click on the file with the right button. The broadcast starts in automatic mode.
How to connect a TV to a laptop via Wi-Fi Using adapters
If you are not lucky enough to become the owner of a Smart TV, but you have an ordinary “plasma” with an HDMI port, then all is not lost for you. But for this you have to acquire one of the following special devices:
- Google Chromecast. with this Wi-Fi “whistle” you can stream from your laptop or computer to your TV.
- Android Mini PC, which activates the “green” OS in TV.
- Intel Compute Stick, which is another type of computer, for which they used a compact case.
By the way, on some models of modern TVs, a Wi-Fi set-top box can be connected via a USB port. And besides, the purchase of a special Miracast adapter is available additionally.
You should take any action only after reading the specifications of your device. By forming a wireless connection between a TV and a computer, you can say that you are creating an alternative to Smart TV. However, these two technologies may well be used at the same time.