Secrets of connecting Sony Playstation 4 to TV
Connecting a game console to a TV is a standard procedure, but sometimes users face certain difficulties. What is the reason for this? A TV, monitor or laptop that is not always used is equipped with the necessary connectors. Therefore, you have to buy adapters or use interfaces that are unpopular today. How do I connect my Playstation 4 to my TV? We will answer this question as fully as possible, as well as analyze the subtleties of connecting the set-top box to a computer monitor and a laptop.
Connecting Playstation 4 to Laptop
Of course, all modern laptops are equipped with an HDMI interface, but users will not be able to connect a Playstation 4 console in this way. The problem is that these connectors work to output information. Therefore, a completely logical question arises, how to connect the Playstation 4 to a laptop? You need to get special adapters and an old RCA cable. To correctly configure the connection, follow the simple step-by-step instructions:
- We insert the plug into a special adapter, which is responsible for the transmission of the video signal, and then we connect the adapter to the laptop.
- Reset your custom console settings. To do this, press and hold the power button. As soon as the attachment emits a corresponding sound signal, you can release the button.
- White and red RCA cable plugs insert the audio jack using a special av-jack adapter.
This is perhaps the easiest and most effective way to connect a gaming console to a laptop. Be sure to switch audio and video modes directly on the set-top box. To do this, open the Playstation 4 settings, and then select the “tulips” icon.
Connecting Playstation 4 to a monitor
If you don’t have a TV, then you can connect the Sony Playstation to your computer monitor. We emphasize that setting up a connection will require much more effort and time than a standard connection to a TV. Many users believe that if you connect a game console to a PC, the image will immediately appear on the monitor screen. This is not true.
Computer video cards that support the HDMI interface or any other ports for transmitting video signals have only an output. This means that they are primarily intended for image transmission, not reception.
Almost all computer monitors are equipped with a DVI interface. You should save up an adapter or HDMI-DVI cable in order to connect a set-top box with it. Do not forget that there are several versions of this interface: I, A, D. Before purchasing an adapter, check which connector your computer monitor is equipped with. Otherwise, serious problems may arise with the connection setup.
You can also use the VGA interface to connect your PC monitor and Playstation 4 console. Almost all computer displays are also equipped with it. There should be no problems with the purchase of an HDMI-VGA adapter. If for some reason the adapter did not fit, then you can use an HDMI-VGA converter equipped with an additional power supply system. It will convert the image to the stream you want. It is possible that you will have to slightly reduce the resolution.
Visually, the converter resembles a small box, which contains three entrances:
- audio jack for connecting headphones or speakers;
- VGA or DVI.
This option will definitely solve the problem. Converters without an additional power supply system will not allow you to set up synchronization with the Playstation 4 game console. The audio jack is also located in this unit for a reason. The fact is that the DVI and VGA interfaces are designed to transmit only video signals. Therefore, the adapter will also allow you to transmit sound.
How to connect your Playstation 4 to your TV
The starting stage of the setup is to connect the Playstation 4 to the TV. In principle, there is nothing complicated about this. It is enough to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Connect the HDMI cable to the TV to the appropriate connector on the side or rear panel.
- Insert the second plug of the cable into the HDMI connector of the Sony Playstation.
- Plug in the power cord, and connect the other end to the set-top box connector.
- If you do not plan to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, then connect the network cable.
- Insert the small end of the microUSB cable into the DualShock joystick and the other into the USB input of the game console.
To start the set-top box, press the power button on the front of the console or hold the Playstation 4 key on the joystick. Setting up the connection between Playstation 4 and TV is only half the battle. For the set-top box to work correctly, you need to connect it to the Internet. Now let’s look at how this is done.
A wired internet connection is considered more reliable. Therefore, if possible, then connect the game console to the Wi-Fi router using an Ethernet cable that must be inserted into the LAN connector.
What is an internet connection for? You will be able to enter multiplayer mode as well as download video games from the Playstation Store. Of course, cable connection is more secure, but less practical. Therefore, users give preference to a wireless connection. Instructions for setting up a Wi-Fi connection on a game console:
- Open the top navigation bar. To do this, take the joystick, and then press the “Up” button. Select the “Settings” section.
- Go to the “Network” tab, and then select the “Configure Internet Connection” option. The user is offered two options. “LAN” and “Wi-Fi”. We choose the second.
- A list of available networks will appear on the screen, select your home one. Enter password. When prompted to use a proxy server, click on “Do not use”.
- To test the correctness of the Internet connection, select the option “Test Internet Connection”.
When the connection is complete, register a new one or log into an existing account. Choose a strong password, it is advisable to write it down so as not to forget in the future.
If you previously owned a PS3 game console, then it is completely unnecessary to create a new account. You can log in to the system using the old login-password combination.
If your TV doesn’t have HDMI
Can Playstation 4 be connected to an old TV? Yes, it’s real to do it. The main problem is that older versions of TV equipment were produced without HDMI. Therefore, to set up the connection, you will have to use special adapters for other connectors. The most common option is “tulips”.
Sony Playstation 4 easily connects to the TV through the tulip adapter. The main disadvantage of this connection method is poor image quality. However, if there is no other way out, then use this option. The connection is carried out according to the same principle as in the case of a laptop. There should be no problems with synchronization. Just plug the adapters into the appropriate connectors. After turning on the TV, select the desired signal source with the remote control.