Using Apple TV
For a TV without AirPlay support, streaming content from an Apple smartphone is carried out using the Apple TV set-top box.
Specialist services are not required to connect an Apple TV set-top box, but you should make sure that the iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. To start using the set-top box, follow these steps:
- Following the attached instructions, connect the equipment to the TV (connect the HDMI cable to the set-top box and TV; plug the Apple TV into a power outlet).
- Make sure your phone and set-top box are connected to the same wireless network (Wi-Fi).
- Using the remote control or phone, select the HDMI signal type in the TV menu.
- Further settings are SIMple and straightforward and are also carried out using the remote control or iPhone.
The undoubted advantage of the “apple” set-top box is the ability to equate not a new TV with Smart TV.
When choosing a method to connect an iPhone to an LG TV, you need to find out if the TV has a Wi-Fi module. If the device is old enough, then the wireless module may not be in it, but there are probably USB, HDMI or analog input ports.
It is also possible to connect iPhone to TV via Apple TV, AirPlay and Google Chromecast.
Media Player Google Chromecast
There is another way to play and photos from the iPhone on the big screen of the TV panel. for this, the Google Chromecast device is used.
The device from Google allows you to broadcast to TV streaming. photo and audio content, even if the TV does not have a Wi-Fi module.
Connecting the player requires just a few steps:
- Miniature player plugs into HDMI port of TV.
- Both devices connect to a shared Wi-Fi network, in general this happens automatically, but you may need to enter a password from the wireless network.
- Download in GooglPlay and install Google Home program. Launch the application. Create a google account or log into an existing one.
- A list of all devices connected and ready to start appears on the smartphone screen. Select LG TV.
- Next, a code will appear on the TV screen, which must be entered into the application field on the iPhone.
All! Devices are ready to get started.
Owners of “obsolete” TV sets shouldn’t be upset: images from Apple smartphones can also be viewed on the TV screen. Older TVs have composite audio and audio inputs. In order to connect your phone to TV, you need one of three types of cable:
- USB AV. for smartphones from Apple version 4s and older. Three “tulip” plugs connect to TV, 30-pin plug to smartphone.
- AV HDTV from Apple. for phones version 4 and 4s. The signal quality of this cable is improved with sync plugs.
- Lightning VGA Adapter. For iPhone 5 and up. In addition to the adapter, you will need a VGA cable.
After connecting in the settings, you need to select the appropriate “Signal source”.
With a cable
The cable connection of the “apple” phone to LG TV will require the purchase of an appropriate adapter, since the iPhone has only one connector for connecting with other devices and the same connector for charging the smartphone.
Connecting to a TV via a USB port is not easy, but very SIMple: one end of the USB cable is inserted into the smartphone, and the other into the corresponding port of the TV.
- IPhone version 4 and older requires a dedicated Apple USB cable.
- Starting with the 5th version of the iPhone, a special Apple Lightning to USB Adapter is used.
The final step is to select the USB mode in the TV settings (“Signal Source”).
When you connect your smartphone to your TV via USB, the iPhone acts as a storage medium. SIMply put: it is possible to view only photos and / or. loaded into the permanent memory of the device. Live streaming from YouTube, for example, is not possible.
Connecting iPhone to TV via HDMI is the best option for high quality (Full HD) viewing.
To connect two devices, you need adapters:
- iPhone version 4 and later. AV Adapter Digital.
- iPhone 5 or higher. AV Adapter Lightning.
Such a connection does not require any special settings and looks exactly the same as a usb connection step by step:
- The adapter connects to the smartphone.
- HDMI cable one end connects to the adapter, the other to the TV.
- The device is read and configured automatically.
- In the TV settings, HDMI is indicated as the signal source. If there are several HDMI ports on the TV, indicate the one to which the smartphone is connected.
The wireless method of connection is attractive primarily because of the absence of wires, which means that there are no strict restrictions on the range of placing a smartphone from TV.
For the happy owners of Apple and iPhone TVs, connecting a smartphone to a TV was literally a matter of two touches. Apple’s technology of “air data transmission” allows you to duplicate the iPhone screen on a TV or start a broadcast. photos, presentations, games directly from the running application.
To start the broadcast, you must:
- Connect your smartphone and TV to a shared Wi-Fi network.
- Select the AirPlay icon on the smartphone screen (for the “Photos” folder. the “Transfer” icon).
- Select Smart TV, if there are several such TVs. select the one you need.
To mirror your iPhone display:
- We connect to the Wi-Fi network common for the smartphone and TV.
- By “swiping” up from the bottom of the smartphone screen (for iPhone 8 and below) and from the upper right corner for later versions, open the “Control Center”.
- Click the Screen mirroring icon.
- Select an AirPlay TV from the list.
- If necessary. enter the password.
To stop broadcasting and mirroring the screen, there are corresponding “buttons” in the same smartphone menus.
All LG Smart TVs have Wi-Fi connectivity via a built-in module. To start viewing photos and content from iPhone on LG TV, you need:
- Make sure both iPhone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the official LG website, download the Smart Share program, which is completely free and is located in the “Support”. “Hardware and Software” section.
- Install the required application on the iPhone by downloading it from the App Store. There are many such applications, they can be free, or they can cost money (iMediaShare, TV Assist, Twonky Beam).
- Launch the program on your smartphone. Further actions may be different, depending on the selected application. So, in Twonky Beam you need to check the box “Show or hide show.”; select the desired photo or; wait for the start of playback.
7 Ways to Connect iPhone to LG TV
Often, you really want to show your friends or family an interesting from YouTube, your own or photos from the iPhone, films available to subscribers of some services, but you never know what else. It happens that there is a need to organize a conference, communication via Skype and other business events.
But how to connect iPhone to LG TV? There are several ways to suit a particular hardware configuration.
- Connection options
- With a cable
- Analog cable
- Wireless connection
- AirPlay streaming
- Using Apple TV
- Media Player Google Chromecast
- Purchase of a set-top box and an additional HDMI cable not provided by the manufacturer (set);
- The set-top box not only duplicates the screen, but also serves as a media player for working with content from libraries (youtube, icloud, itunes, appstore);
- The device is controlled from any iOS device. The manufacturer provides a remote control with a touch panel;
- Older iPhones to sync with AirPlay require the installation of mirroring (screen mirroring) applications, which are required to be downloaded from the AppStore. In some cases, the program is additionally installed on TV.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the iPhone, which is brought at a minimum distance to the set-top box for the first synchronization;
- Connection prompts are displayed on the TV and phone screens. After confirmation, the TV goes into setup (pairing) mode;
- On the smartphone screen, the swipe control shutter is pulled up. Or press the “Home” button twice and select “Volume and brightness control”;
- Click on “AirPlay” or “Screen Repeat”. Connect the apple prefix, activating “AirPlay Mirroring”. Synchronization will end automatically;
- If there is no “screen repeat” option, you should download any of the applications: TV Assist, Flipps, iMediaShare or another analogue. For some TV brands, developers create specialized programs tailored to the TV interface;
- In this case, the option is activated in the application environment. All files, including the media library, are also viewed by internal program commands.
- Image transmission without delay;
- It is required to purchase an adapter for the iPhone, because it lacks a miniHDMI connector;
- The equipment is configured automatically after connecting the cables.
- Does not require the purchase of additional equipment;
- Data is transmitted with an almost imperceptible delay;
- The user can play online games from the phone on the big screen, watch. listen to music, browse the media gallery, use applications and other features provided by Apple.
- Connect devices to Wi-Fi (home network);
- If the TV has a Wi-Fi module, there should be no problems. If the connection is made without a router, you need to go to Wi-Fi direct. Next, select the source of connection, for example, iPhone. It remains to connect the TV to a Wi-Fi point;
- If you use a TV without the Internet, connect a universal Wi-Fi adapter via HDMI cable (to the TV). The smartphone connects wirelessly. Next, a special application is downloaded using the QR code on the screen, through which the monitor is controlled;
- If the TV has AirPlay technology, which was developed for the purpose of playing content from the screens of “Apple” gadgets, then no additional installations are made. By clicking on the “TV” icon (at the top of the screen), the user activates the view from the screen;
- If the screen image is not synchronized, an application for mirroring or screen mirroring (Smart View, Flipps, Belkin, MediaPlay) is downloaded from the AppStore to the phone. The launch of programs is accompanied by prompts. This method is relevant when you need not just control the TV through the iPhone, but watch content online (YouTube, iTunes, App store, etc.).
- Contact is made with a wire with appropriate connectors (micro USB and standard);
- No additional equipment is required;
- Allows you to view photos of readable TV formats, as well as conduct presentations (text documents).
- You connect both LG and iPhone to a shared home network.
- Call the submenu “Control Center” on the phone.
- Start by activating the corresponding option, screen repeat.
- Select the prefix from the list as the receiving equipment.
- To complete the initial sync, enter the password displayed on the TV screen on your phone.
- Connect the adapter to the iPhone connector to connect to the main cable.
- Insert one pin of the HDMI cable into the adapter, and the other into the socket that you can find on the LG panel. Most likely, it will be either the back or side panel; if the port is forward, the search process is greatly accelerated. In any case, your equipment has a connector with which you can repeat the screen from iPhone to LG TV; all that remains is to find it. We advise you to immediately remember or write down the port number to be used for duplication; as a rule, the digit is in the immediate vicinity of the connector.
- After a few moments, you will be able to start broadcasting the digital signal. In some cases, especially when using a 4th generation iPhone or older models, instead of full duplication, it will only be possible to start playing individual files from the phone’s memory. This option is less functional, but it certainly will not prevent you from enjoying your favorite movie or watching a slideshow on a wide diagonal.
- After both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network, you find the “Control Center” in the gadget menu:
- In case you are using an iOS 11 phone, slide your finger along the screen, from bottom to top.
- Is your iPhone running iOS 12? Then another gesture should be used: from the corner located at the top right, down.
- Select the option “Screen repeat” in the menu that appears.
- Indicate which of the available devices will be broadcast, and, if necessary, enter the confirmation code that will appear on TV.
- Download and open the applet, and then, using the menu on the main page, select what type of files you are going to play.
- Check the files in the menu to be broadcasted.
- Using the capabilities of the application installed on the iPhone, start playback.
- For older iPhones, up to the 4th generation, this is a composite AV with three standard plugs.
- Want to get a better picture? Then go for Component AV, with an improved set of plugs. Suitable for gadgets of the same generations as component.
- The Lightning-to-VGA adapter used for iPhones from the 5th generation will provide the best broadcast quality.
- Using an HDMI cable, connect the set-top box to your LG model.
- Download the Google Home program and, launching it, follow the subsequent instructions of the interactive guide.
- The need to pay money. Most of the programs distributed by developers are available in shareware mode: some of the functionality will have to be purchased. Below are the applications, the basic version of which contains all the necessary options.
- Continuity. It is not enough to know how to connect to an LG TV from an iPhone; we still need to find such a program so that playback is not interrupted every few minutes. All the programs below provide a fairly high-quality synchronization: you can enjoy the picture without wasting your nerves on constant interruptions in communication.
- The first step in this case will be to connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- To start playback, select the desired file in the list of files, and then, if it is a photo, press the button. and then. If you’re going to watch. press immediately.
- Specify which of the available devices will be broadcast. playback will start in a few seconds.
- To interrupt playback, use the button with the icon.
It is difficult to say which method of connecting iPhone to LG TV is optimal. Each of the above methods has pros and cons.
So, a set-top box from Apple allows you to get new modern equipment without changing the TV. On the other hand, the set-top box itself is not so cheap.
Wireless connection is extremely convenient, but not always feasible. In addition, a wired connection may be required for high-definition playback.
The choice is up to the user, and this article will help him deal with all the nuances of the question.
Consider ways to connect Iphone to TV by priority, from the most affordable to the most expensive. Indeed, in most cases, users do not need to constantly synchronize their devices, and connecting to the TV quickly and without hesitation is the main task.
Connect with Apple TV
This method is considered the most “expensive”. However, the set-top box provides better transmission quality and allows you to use all the functions embedded in Apple products.
Pairing setup takes place in several stages and takes no more than 10 minutes. First, prepare the equipment for work by connecting the set-top box to the TV with a separate cable. Next, you need to provide access to a single network for iPhone and Apple TV. Without proper synchronization, the gadget will not start screen replay from the phone.
This method is preferable for the owners of the set-top box, since it is impractical to purchase a kit with an additional cable (15 thousand rubles).
If you need to broadcast your own media library with good sound and picture, then HDMI is perfect.
To link the devices together, a branded Digital AV Adapter (4th generation), AV-Adapter Lightning (iOS 5.0) is purchased. After selecting a signal source on the TV, the screen is automatically “transferred” to the TV.
The main disadvantage of this method is the high cost of equipment. They ask for almost 4,500 rubles for the adapter. However, its possibilities are endless: it is suitable for any TV with the corresponding port, it plays any file formats, including online. Does not require installation of auxiliary utilities and allows you to play any games that can be extracted from a TV or phone.
Via Wi-Fi network
Internet connection is the most practical method used by most Apple users.
All you need to connect is a Smart TV with Wi-Fi connected or a regular TV with a port for Wi-Fi adapters (Miracast, Googlechromcast), which independently create an access point for the TV and iPhone.
Instructions for connecting TV to the phone:
Wi-Fi connection is valuable, first of all, for its SIMplicity and convenience. The main disadvantage of this method is the impossibility of screen duplication in the presence of models below 5s. Also, if you have a SIMple TV, you will have to spend money on an adapter that connects to the TV via hdmi.
Features of connecting iPhone to TV
To display the image from the iPhone to the TV, connoisseurs of “apple” devices use a variety of methods and methods, ranging from cheap to buying branded adapters and set-top boxes.
Today there are two connection methods. wired, which provides the best picture transmission without loss of quality and freezes, and wireless. The advantages and disadvantages of these or those methods are written below.
As for the nuances of pairing, there are two of them. The first is the need for additional costs when using a variety of cables. This is the purchase of wires with the necessary connectors (length) and adapters for them, which are not cheap. The way out of this situation is to connect via a Wi-Fi network. However, a caveat is also allowed here: the TV must be “smart” (smart TV) or have a port for connecting the Internet directly.
The second feature of pairing devices is a limited set of functions for controlling the “large” screen from the phone. For example, if the connection is made via a USB port, the picture will not be displayed. The iPhone will start charging, and access to the file system will only be established when viewing certain readable formats, usually photos, documents and presentations. This protocol does not support playback. The same is true when viewing content online. In almost all cases, you will need a program for mirroring the screen (displaying a picture from a smartphone).
Each pairing method has its own advantages and methods. To figure out which one is more appropriate to use to connect an iPhone to a TV, we will analyze each of the possible tricks separately.
The peculiarity of connecting via the usb port is that the method is suitable only for viewing files already available in the phone’s memory. For example, working with an application or accessing the Internet from an iPhone will not be displayed on the big screen.
Select USB as the signal source in the settings. Synchronization is done automatically.
All Ways to Connect iPhone to TV
The mass iPhone user often shows interest in the topic of pairing a device with a TV monitor: you want to watch a movie on YouTube or you need to show your family photos from your last vacation. If you know the nuances of wired and wireless connection methods, there are practically no difficulties in switching. To connect your iphone to any TV, you just need to have the right cable type. It should fit both iPhone and TV connectors.
There are also more traditional ways of connecting. The SIMplest is to use a composite AV wire (3 multi-colored plugs on one end and usb on the other) or component (5 plugs for improved picture transmission). No additional equipment required when connecting.
The second option is to purchase a Lightning VGA adapter (with a 15 pin connector) and a VGA cable. It also does not require the installation of additional programs and equipment. However, the method is considered more costly, because a proprietary adapter is used, which is suitable for iPhones of the fifth generation and above.
And finally, the third option is to jailbreak the iPhone file system. The method is not entirely legal, but it allows you to use any files and put them on the screen using downloaded applications. When using jailbreak, do not forget that apple monitors unauthorized attempts to use licensed software and can block access remotely.
To connect an iPhone to a TV, they select the method that is considered the most relevant for a particular user (for tasks). The most easy-to-use universal hdmi cable. Its cost fluctuates around 1,500 rubles, so this method is considered one of the cheapest. In addition, the wire of this standard allows not only to duplicate the screen, but also to use all the options built into the TV. Other options should be used based on appropriateness. If the user needs a Wi-Fi adapter or an “Apple” set-top box, then they will be an excellent replacement for hdmi or a router at the same time.
Connecting to a TV via Wi-Fi Direct
This feature works well on modern TVs from the 5th generation, where manufacturers have already implemented unified wireless direct drivers. This is the so-called. connecting a second wireless monitor, where the TV acts as an external display device for everything that happens on the screen of your mobile device, such as a laptop or smartphone.
In the first case, you need to have Windows 7, 8 or 10. A home network is not required with this connection, and authentication and connection is carried out through a connection request on the TV screen itself.
Such a connection is convenient because you can see on the big screen everything that is done on the screen of your PC or laptop, including working in the browser, viewing photos, etc. as well as the process of the game. The only drawback here is a slight delay in displaying content on TV and slightly fewer colors than on a PC display.
How to connect laptop to TV via Wi-Fi? Wi-Fi Direct connection is quite SIMple. To do this, turn on your TV and laptop. Wi-Fi adapters must be activated on both devices.
Now on your Windows 10 laptop go to Start | Parameters | System | DisPlay “and on the right side under” Multiple displays “click on” Connect to a wireless display “. A vertical shutter with the “connect” menu and a list of detected devices will appear on the right side. In our case, this is Samsung 6 series (49). Click on the selected model, then on the TV itself, agree to the connection request. It should be noted that the connection may not happen on the first or even on the second attempt, since the computer needs time to transmit the TV signal encryption keys. But after the TV is connected to the laptop via Wi-Fi, you can stream even from another room.
In order to turn off the transmission of the wireless signal to the TV, again click on “Connect to wireless display” and in the right curtain of the menu click on the button “Disconnect”.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi
Connecting a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi wirelessly is a cherished dream of all online movie theater lovers and gamers. We will tell you how to do it quickly and without complicated settings.
Oddly enough, but not many people know that you can connect a laptop to a TV without wires in just a couple of mouse clicks. This allows you to sit on the couch and stream your vacation photos or movie to the big screen. You can also play your favorite games using not a small laptop display, but display the picture on a device with a huge diagonal. However, in the latter case, it is worth considering that the picture will be broadcast to the TV with a slight delay. You won’t notice this when watching movies and photos. Below we will give step-by-step instructions on how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi.
What you need to connect a laptop to TV via Wi-Fi
Many people ask the question: how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi? The main condition for the possibility of such a connection is the presence in the TV itself of Smart TV technology and a Wi-Fi module with support for Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA functions. The first allows you to connect a laptop to a TV directly, without using a home network and a router. However, not all TVs (especially older models) can be connected to laptops in this way. The second technology. DLNA, makes it possible to go from the TV itself to the network storage (for example, a folder on the hard drive of a PC connected to the home network) and start playing multimedia content from it. viewing a photo or. You can also start a media server from the laptop itself with broadcast to the TV.
The difference between these two connection methods is quite significant and below we will tell you what the difference is and how to organize such connections and how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi.
Connecting to TV via DLNA
This type of connection consists in the fact that on a computer or laptop that is part of the home network, access to certain folders is organized where you place multimedia files. photos and. Only your TV can play them with its built-in player. A condition for this is that the TV supports DLNA technology. a set of standards that allow devices connected to a home network to transmit and receive over various media content.
This can be done both from an Android smartphone and tablet, as well as from a TV (playback functions only). The question also arises of how to synchronize a laptop with a TV via Wi-Fi. In general, everything happens automatically.
The main task is to organize a shared folder on a laptop. To do this, you need to make it available to other devices on your home network, and also assign permanent IP addresses in the router for gadgets connected to the network. This is necessary so that the TV does not have to scan the network every time to find this folder.
To do this, create a shared folder named in English on the laptop’s hard drive, for example, MediaTV. Go to the “Access” tab in its properties. Then click “Advanced settings”, put a tick next to the phrase “Open public access.” and confirm the action by clicking “OK”.
If your TV with Smart TV is an old model and its system does not allow connecting to devices on Windows OS, namely, the TV SIMply does not see the shared folder with files, there is another option to organize the broadcast of media content on its screen. But first you need to make sure that your TV is visible on your home network.
To do this, click on the “Network” icon in the Explorer on the left. After that, the devices available on the network will be displayed in the right pane. Now select an MP4 file in any folder, right-click on it and select “Transfer to device” in the context menu, in our case to Samsung.
This will launch the Windows media server, which will display a list of files transferred to the TV. Don’t miss the request on the TV itself to play a file from an external source.
Connecting using Wi-Fi adapters
If you failed to connect the laptop to the TV via Wi-Fi, but this method remains preferable for you, as compared with the HDMI connection, you can try to connect the laptop to the TV using an intermediary. a TV set-top box on Android or a Wi-Fi dongle. for example Google Chromecast. In this case, you just need to connect to the Wi-Fi network organized by this adapter and broadcast the signal to it.
However, such an extravagant solution will be justified if cable connection is practically impossible, such as for a projector suspended from the ceiling. It is much cheaper and more reliable to use an HDMI connection and connect the laptop to the TV through the appropriate cable.
Connect iPhone with Apple TV
The next option, with which you can connect the gadget to the TV, involves the use of a special set-top box from the manufacturer, Apple TV. Unlike the Chromecast, it doesn’t limit sync capabilities in any way. Having figured out how to connect an iPhone with an LG TV in this way, you can completely duplicate the actions performed on the phone.
The order of connecting the transmitting and receiving devices:
Via HDMI wire
Immediately, we note that you will not be able to connect using this method without having a Lightning-HDMI standard adapter at your disposal. Older iPhones up to the 5th generation will need to use a Digital AV adapter. The method described in the section will allow you to stream from iPhone to LG TV, and not just play the downloaded data. As a rule, synchronization starts immediately after connection, without any additional manipulations on your part. If this does not happen, you will have to call the TV settings manually.
Let’s outline how the devices are connected. Follow the step by step instructions:
As you can see, the process of connecting a TV and a smartphone is extremely SIMple. Follow the sequence described, and if necessary, check the condition of the cable and adapter. It happens that duplication does not start automatically; then you should open the TV menu and manually select the datsource that you plan to transfer to LG. In this case, the port number will come in handy. how to find it, was described in the instructions.
How to Connect iPhone to LG TV: 7 Ways to Connect
Using an iPhone or iPad, you get the opportunity to watch movies, listen to music, open photos stored in the gadget’s memory. albeit on a not too large screen. To start truly enjoying watching, you need to find the answer to the question of how to connect iPhone to LG TV. Fortunately, this is much easier than it seems at first glance. All you need to connect is a telephone, TV and, in some cases, additional equipment such as wires, set-top boxes and adapters. The article will list the SIMplest and most popular synchronization options. choose any and start browsing!
Immediately, we note that depending on the technology that was preferred, you can either completely duplicate the iPhone screen, thus getting the opportunity to play games on a wide screen or launch mobile applications, or use the gadget as a removable storage of digital data. In the latter case, the phone actually turns into a USB flash drive, from the memory of which movies, slideshows and audio tracks will be played.
In addition, when choosing some wireless connection options, you will first need to make sure that both LG and iPhone are connected to a shared home network and that the router settings do not interfere with the transmission of the media signal. An alternative way to synchronize without using cables is using Wi-Fi Direct technology: all new TVs are equipped with it by default.
So, let’s tell you how to connect to an LG TV via an iPhone without using overly complex technologies. But first, a few words about the possibilities that will open before you after the synchronization is established.
IPhone Screen Mirroring on LG TV via Apple TV
When using a special set-top box, the broadcast from iPhone to LG TV starts as follows:
In some cases, when using this method, you have to manually scale the picture to fit the TV. You can stop playback by selecting Stop Repeat on your phone. An alternative is to press the corresponding button on the console remote control.
TV Assist app
It takes a minimum of time to learn how to display iPhone screen on LG TV using TV Assist. First, let’s point out a few obvious benefits of the product. Firstly, you can download the application absolutely free. Secondly, the application has an extremely pleasant interface that even a novice user can master. Finally, all the options you really need are available completely free of charge: you don’t have to pay for a subscription or to unlock top-priority features like streaming.
The main disadvantage, which cannot be kept silent, is the incompatibility of the program with some TV models. If you can’t organize the display of the image, we advise you to immediately switch to any other application.
The order of preliminary synchronization and preparation of files for playback:
When testing the program on several LG models, it was not possible to set up a connection, including using Wi-Fi Direct technology. In any case, we recommend that you try all available communication options. you may be more fortunate.
If all else fails, you can use other applications that are almost as good as those listed above. A good example is C5 Stream DLNA: the applet is completely free and offers a good set of basic options.
In addition, the product interface is fully translated into Russian, but in the process of using it you will have to watch ads from time to time. True, in this case, communication errors sometimes occur: perhaps none of the iPhone applications is capable of providing one hundred percent result.
Connecting older iPhones
Users who have at their disposal an old TV model that is not equipped with any of the data receiving modules described in the article will have to decide how to connect an iPhone to an LG TV using the so-called “tulips”:
After connecting the contacts, no additional manipulations are required. No need to install third-party applications. streaming starts directly from your phone to TV.
Connect with Google Chromecast
To display the iPhone on an LG TV, completely duplicating the picture, you can also use a proprietary set-top box from the manufacturer Google. It connects to any free HDMI port on the TV panel. Instead of original equipment, you can purchase any of the abundance of analogs available on the market. all of them provide a sufficiently high-quality connection.
When establishing communication, proceed as follows:
The key advantage of this method of broadcasting is complete duplication of what is happening on the iPhone screen. Therefore, using the console, you can not only watchs, but also play games, and also use mobile applications, including messengers. It should be noted that equipment that allows you to broadcast a stream in 4K resolution will cost more than standard.
How to play and photo via DLNA applications
We highly recommend that you turn on your LG before syncing with your iPhone and make sure it is on the same home network as your phone.
Stream from iPhone to LG TV via AirPlay
Please note: some TVs do not support AirPlay. We advise you to make sure in advance that your LG model can work with this information transfer protocol.