To establish a connection, make sure that Bluetooth adapters are turned on on your computer and phone. On Windows 10, this option is enabled in the “Settings”. “Devices” application, on Android smartphones. in the quick access bar.
Click the “Add Bluetooth or Other Device” button below.
In the next window, select the connection type. Bluetooth.
Click your phone in the list of detected devices. Verify the digital code that appears below in this window and on the phone screen. If the code matches, click “Connect”.
To access the functions of the mobile gadget, scroll down the “Bluetooth and other devices” window to the “Related options” section and click “Devices and Printers”.
Find the phone among the connected devices and click on it with the right mouse button. The context menu shows the options for using it that Windows provides.
In my example, they are practically absent, and in order for the computer to interact with the phone, for example, as with a flash drive or as with a WEB-camera, you will have to install a third-party application, such as MyPhoneExplorer.
The most common way a PC and mobile phone communicate over Wi-Fi is to use one of the devices as an Internet access point for the other. A smartphone connected to the World Wide Web through a 3G / 4G network of a mobile operator is more often used as an access point.
Setting up such a connection is very SIMple:
- We go into the settings for managing wireless networks and turn on the modem mode.
- In the modem mode options, select “Wi-Fi access point”. In the next section, we define the settings for the access point. In most cases, it is enough to set a password for connection here, the rest is optimal by default.
After that, you can connect your computer to the access point.
The reverse way of connecting the smartphone and the PC is also possible. when the access point is started on the computer. The function is supported by all editions of the system, starting with Windows 7 (except for the starting and home basic edition).
Creating a virtual access point in Windows is also not difficult. Windows 10 has a Mobile Hotspot feature that can be launched through Settings. Network Internet. It is enough to move the slider to the “on” position and the access point is launched. Of course, for the phone to access the Internet through it, the computer must be connected to it itself.
Also, the permissions must be set in the Internet connection properties of the PC as shown in the screenshot below. Select a wireless connection from the “Home network connection” list.
There is a SIMilar function on Mac OS X. There it is configured via “Sharing”. “Internet Sharing”. For computers using Wi-Fi. The name and password of the access point are set in the “Wi-Fi Settings”.
Most modern smartphones and computers (equipped with wireless adapters) support data transfer technologies over Wi-Fi. In particular, WI-FI Direct and Miracast. Both standards use direct connection of devices to each other, that is, not through a router.
The technology of wireless multimedia transmission Wi-Fi Direct is implemented on the vast majority of smartphones of popular brands and models. Xiaomi Redmi 4 pro, Xiaomi Redmi 4X, Samsung Galaxy, ZTE Blade, ASUS, Lenovo, etc. The function is enabled in the section of additional parameters of Wi-Fi networks.Fi:
After activating Wi-Fi Direct, the phone starts searching for devices that support this feature and are nearby. When a suitable device is found, to start the transfer, just select it from the list.
To connect to Wi-Fi Direct, network discovery and file and printer sharing must be enabled on your computer. The network profile must be private.
In addition, the media streaming function must be active on the PC (the easiest way to open this window is through the system search):
And enabled permission to access shared media files for the selected mobile device:
To display a photo either on the phone screen or use it as a speaker for playing music, just open the context menu of the file on the PC, click the “Transfer to device” item and specify which.
Miracast technology, in contrast to Wi-Fi Direct, allows you to display not only multimedia, but any content on the display of another device. To connect your phone screen to your computer and vice versa, make the following settings:
- On an Android smartphone: open the Settings app, go to the Display section and select Wireless Monitor. To see your phone screen on your PC, select a compatible PC that will receive the signal from the list. If you want to display a picture from the computer screen on your phone, enable the “Used by others” function.
- On a computer: open the Action Center in the system tray and click the “Connect” tile. Then select a mobile device from the list “Connect”. If both devices support Miracast technology, the phone will connect to a computer monitor, more precisely, it will act as a monitor itself.
Ways to physically connect your phone to your PC
To establish a physical connection between a phone and a computer, 3 interfaces are used:
- USB. Connecting via a USB cable is the easiest and most obvious option. To access user files stored on a smartphone, as a rule, no settings are needed: it usually appears in Windows Explorer immediately after connecting. SIMple push-button phones sometimes require installation of special software and drivers.
- Bluetooth. For this type of communication, it is imperative that both devices have Bluetooth adapters. Phones and laptops have them by default, but for desktops they have to be purchased separately. When connected via Bluetooth, the PC user has access to folders and some functions of the mobile gadget.
- Wi-Fi. Normal network connection over the air. A computer and a smartphone can interact as equal members of the same local network, as a server and a client, as well as an access point and a client device.
How to connect your phone to a computer via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
Connecting devices via a USB cable rarely causes difficulties for anyone, so we will not dwell on it. Consider ways to connect wirelessly.
3 ways to connect mobile phone to computer
Computers and mobile gadgets that belong to one person, family or team are a single information environment. Ideally, it provides not only the availability of the entire data array from each device that is part of it, but also provides the ability to control some devices using others.
How to connect a phone to a computer to access information, control, or certain functions of another device, for example, use it as a webcam, microphone, flash drive, monitor?
Programs for synchronizing phone and computer
The possibilities of Wi-Fi Direct and Miracast technologies are far from limitless and only open access to a small fraction of the functions of the connected device. You cannot fully control your phone using a computer. But no one does this, since there are special applications for such tasks.
The bulk of programs for synchronizing data and managing a mobile gadget using a PC are produced by phone manufacturers. Therefore, such programs only support one specific brand, for example:
- Samsung PC Studio
- Samsung Kies
- Nokia Suite
- HiSuite by Huawey
- Mi PC Suite (Xiaomi)
- HTC Sync Manager
- Xperia Companion (Sony)
- Nokia MobiMB Mobile Media Browser
- Sony Ericsson PC Suite
- Siemens Mobile Phone Manager
- BlackBerry Desktop Software
- Apple iTunes
- Apple iDevice Manager
But there are also universal tools that are compatible with many models of Android devices. Among them:
- The aforementioned MyPhoneExplorer (in the screenshot below)
- Android Screencast
- MOBILedit! Lite (paid)
- AirDroid, etc.
In addition, for such tasks, you can use any supported remote access tools, such as Teamviewer.
The Android Screencast program deserves special attention. It is unique in that it does not require the installation of a client module on a mobile device, therefore it can be used even if the screen does not work on the phone. The only condition is the enabled USB debugging function.
Access to data on smartphones with a broken or non-working screen is also provided by the proprietary utilities of the manufacturers listed above. The main thing is to have time to install the utility before the incident happened and to carry out at least one synchronization. If the sensor does not work on the phone, most likely some functions will be unavailable.
Can these programs save data if the phone won’t turn on? As a rule, no. Your phone may not work for many reasons, and failure to load the operating system is just one of them. To extract information from faulty devices, programmers and special service software are used, which are not freely available. In addition, special training is required to work with such tools. In a word, if your phone does not turn on, you can try to reflash it, but to save data it is easier and safer to contact the mobile service.
We connect the phone as a Bluetooth modem
You can distribute Wi-Fi via your phone to your PC, smartphone or other device. You can transfer the Internet phone by making a note.
Instructions for Windows Phone
How to distribute Internet from a Windows Phone? The general principle is SIMilar to Android:
- In the menu, select “Settings”.
- Click “Shared Internet”.
- The menus make it possible to determine through what the distribution will be. Wi-Fi / Bluetooth. Choosing shared access via Wi-Fi “.
- In the parameters you can change the name and password.
- We include.
- We open the device that needs to be connected, in our case with Android OS, select the settings.
- We are looking for a Wi-Fi Windows Phone device and click “Connect”.
- Enter your password. Android connects to Windows Phone. Windows Phone Settings displays information about connected devices.
Create an Android hotspot
In order to understand how to distribute the Internet from Android, it is worth understanding the menu and performing the following actions:
- Open the cell phone menu, find the gear. the settings sign.
- Press settings, select “.”.
- In the wireless networks menu, select “Modem mode”.
- The settings make it possible to determine through what the distribution will be. Wi-Fi / Bluetooth. We need a Wi-Fi point, and to change them, we need to select “Access point settings”.
- Configuring the access point
- Be sure to go to the management of allowed devices and put a tick in “Connect all devices” without this, it will not work to distribute Wi-Fi from Android.
- We look at the name, if necessary. change, set the password.
- We put an icon in the Wi-Fi point.
- A message about point activity should appear.
- We open the device that needs to be connected, in our case with Windows Phone OS, select settings.
- We open the “Shared Internet”.
- Finding an Android connection.
- Enter password.
- A connection is established, Windows Phone is connected to Android.
- In the parameters of the access point, you can see the connected devices.
- Detailed information about each connected device is available.
We connect the phone as a USB modem
Sharing the Internet is SIMple: you need to connect it via a cord, select a USB modem from the menu. Internet distribution from phone to PC will start after settings on the computer.
How can I distribute the Internet from my phone via Wi-Fi, via Bluetooth or USB
Mobile phone is multifunctional, including it can act as a modem, provide Internet access for another phone, tablet, laptop, PC. This function does not depend on the cellular model or its system. any device with access to 2G, 3G, 4G can transmit the Internet. There are several ways to distribute mobile internet.
You may also be interested in:
We use a Wi-Fi connection
Sharing Wi-Fi from your phone is quick and easy. Distribution is made to any device that supports work with networks. The distributing device must have mobile Internet and set up access to the network. Network operators limit the free use of this method of distributing the Internet and, with large volumes of transmission, warn about the daily payment for the service.
Steps to take on a PC or laptop
In order to distribute the Internet from the phone to the computer, a USB cable or a Bluetooth connected to the computer is enough. To install an access point on a PC, you must:
- Set up for cellular transmission via USB or Bluetooth (more on this below). The PC will find a new network and offer a choice of placement.
- After selecting the PC will apply the parameters.
- Will show the password for use.
- In the network settings it looks like this.
We distribute the Internet from an iOS phone
The iPhone has very detailed instructions on how to distribute Wi-Fi from your phone. Distribution can be carried out from phone to laptop, PC, tablet or other device:
- Open “Settings”.
- Click “Modem Mode”.
- The menus make it possible to determine through what the distribution will be. Wi-Fi / Bluetooth. We need “To connect via Wi-Fi”.
- Turn on “Modem Mode”. Next, the code is entered in the device to be connected.
We use various programs and applications (FoxFi, PdaNet, etc.)
You can distribute the Internet using programs, using their functionality and capabilities. It is possible to distribute Wi-Fi from a phone to a computer or other device through:
- FoxFi is a SIMple, intuitive English-language program that supports open access to the dispenser or password entry is possible.
- Osmino. positioned as an opportunity for free distribution of the Internet, the interface is Russian and very SIMple.
There are a lot of SIMilar programs, they allow you to work with one click of a shortcut on the phone, but you can do without them using the phone settings.
Method one. WiredTether
- First of all, download the program for Android (android) called WiredTether.
- Connect your Android (android) to PC via usb.
- Then on the phone, click on the installation of the program.
- Immediately after the program is installed on your PC desktop, a new Internet connection with Android appears along with all DHCP settings. Working with the settings is quite SIMple, and it should be separately noted that in them you can rename the connection name with your Android (android ) device. For example, you can call the connection to the AndroidUSB phone, and the connection to the Internet with public access itself. Internet (in the course of the article, these names will be used in order not to cause confusion).
- The next step is to disable the connection named Internet in the properties of network connections. You need to do this in order to activate the AndroidUSB connection.
- After that, go to the AndroidUSB settings and change your IP to 255.255.255.252 (the rest of the fields can be left blank). By this action you can also erase the default gateway settings. After this procedure, be sure to first check the ping status on your Android (android) device. details below in the images:
How to connect the Internet on your phone through a computer using a usb wire?
As much as we want it, the Internet has taken almost a central place in our lives. If you delve into history, then it was originally invented to transmit secret data, then they began to use it for communication, and about 20 years ago it began to actively fill up with all kinds of information, multimedia and entertainment sites.
Hence the conclusion. we need the Internet everywhere. Now you have a thought. in order to distribute the Internet to your smartphone, you just need to connect to a wireless access point. But what to do if a stationary computer or laptop is occupied by a household, the wireless wi-fi access point does not work, and mobile traffic has long since ended. Do not run to a nearby cafe! you thought.
We will reveal to you one life: armed with one usb cable through a PC, you can connect (distribute) the Internet to your smartphone, no matter what operating system it is running. How to do this, how to connect, by what methods and how it works, today we will analyze in detail below.
Even despite the SIMplicity of this procedure, an ordinary user may have problems connecting to the Internet via a PC:
- The first and also the most common reason is that the PC does not detect the computer when connected via usb. In order to solve this rather common problem, it will be enough to reconnect the smartphone. If the problem persists, then it’s better to take another usb and try to connect the phone again.
- The second problem may be related to the program itself. There have often been cases when the utility does not support your version of Android (android). There is only one solution. you need to go online, find the necessary application there and transfer it akb to your phone and then install the utility.
Let’s go to the phone settings
To do this is quite SIMple (literally in a few clicks) and if you follow our instructions carefully. In order to further SIMplify your work, we strongly recommend downloading the GScriptLite program, in which you will need to work a little with scripts.
Next, install the program, create a new script in it and write this text there:
That’s all, now you can use the Internet from your PC via your phone. But before completing the work, you need to check something (check if the Internet is working correctly):
- Phone needs to be connected to PC using usb.
- Then run the application you downloaded on your Android (android) device and activate the Internet connection.
- Now create a new script, after which the Internet will automatically connect to your Android mobile device (android).
After the connection is activated, you can fully surf the world wide web without restriction. In order to deactivate the Internet connection, you just need to restart WiredTether.
The second way is USBTunnel
First, on your computer, go to Internet Connections, then click the Advanced tab. A new dialog box will open in front of you, where you will need to allow other users to use the Internet connection of this computer.
Well, then you need to follow a few SIMple steps:
- To get started, download the USBTunnel utility, and download AndroidTool to your computer.
- Now let’s go directly to working with the phone. You need to get to the menu and enable usb debugging.
- We connect the phone to the PC via a standard usb connector.
- Run AndroidTool on the computer.
- After the program starts, click search for devices. search for Android (android) devices. show a list of devices.
Important to know: the program may ask if you have administrator rights to make such significant changes to the operation of devices. Answer yes immediately. Also, the application is sometimes extremely unstable. Therefore, the program can knock out from time to time.
- And finally, click done.
- Also, there may be additional various requests with which in most cases you must agree.
It is important to know: it is not mutilated that the program will give a system or other error. In this case, all of the above steps will have to be done from the very beginning.
- After you have agreed with all the requests of the program, you will see a joyful inscription “connect”.
- Then your device will ask you if you have root rights. You just have to press the yes button.
- If all the above steps were performed in the correct order, then the connection to the Internet through the computer will start automatically.
There are situations when, it would seem, everything was done correctly, but the Internet still does not want to work with a wired connection via a computer. The most common mistakes:
- The computer SIMply does not see or does not sync with your phone.
- The phone does not see the program you need.
- All steps were performed correctly, but the Internet on the phone still did not appear.
Preparing a smartphone for Wi-Fi distribution based on Android
On Android mobile devices, the function that allows you to share Wi-Fi is in most cases called an “Hotspot”. Some devices (for example, HTC) have another name. “Mobile Wi-Fi router”. This option allows you to use your smartphone as a router and connect other devices to it that will use the mobile Internet (it must be turned on before that).
You can distribute Wi-Fi from your phone in this way to tablets, TVs, laptops, other stationary PCs with a wireless network adapter, game consoles, etc. This function is very convenient, since mobile Internet is sometimes somewhat cheaper than wired.
You don’t need any additional equipment to connect your Android smartphone to your TV. The process of setting up a connection is as follows (for example, let’s take an HTC One V phone):
- On the mobile device itself, you need to activate the mobile Internet.
- Now you need to activate the wireless access point. To do this, in the settings in the “Wireless connections and networks” section, click on the line “” to display additional parameters.
- Next, click on the item “Wi-Fi router and USB-modem” and on “Router settings” to set the parameters of the wireless access point.
- Fill in the network name (SSID). the name that will be displayed on the TV when connected.
- Leave the security protocol unchanged. WPA
- Create and write a password of 8 characters or more. It is recommended to use numbers, letters (large and small) and special characters. Letters should only be in Latin.
- After entering the necessary data, we activate the access point. A window will open with tips on how to connect other devices to the network. In this window you need to click on “OK”.
- Now the access point is active, and you can connect various devices to it in order to use the Internet, to which we indicate the icon in the notification area on the Android smartphone.
Connecting a Sony TV
Step-by-step instructions for connecting a Sony Bravia TV:
- Using the remote control, go to the main menu of the TV settings. You need to press the Home key and the select button.
- We select the last item “Network settings”, then select the line “Wireless Setup”.
- The TV system will offer several options for connecting the TV to a wireless network. We select “Scan” (“Scan”). After scanning, a list of available networks will be displayed.
- Select the desired network and connect to it by entering the network security key.
How to distribute Internet from phone to TV LG, Sony, Philips. step-by-step instructions with screenshots
Modern phones can be used as sources of the Internet, instead of routers, and connect any home devices to it. Mobile internet is sometimes cheaper than wired internet, and some operators have unlimited tariffs. Below we will take a closer look at how to distribute the Internet from phone to TV.
Connecting an LG TV
Connect LG to a wireless hotspot on a smartphone as follows:
- We check that everything is configured properly on the phone.
- We start the TV and go to the parameters menu by pressing the Settings button on the remote control.
- Click on the item “Network connection”.
- The screen will have a choice between the types of Internet connection. cable and wireless. Choose the second one, then click on the button below “Configure connection”.
- A list of available Wi-Fi connections will appear. We select the desired one by the name preset in the settings of the access point on the phone, and enter the appropriate password.
Older TVs may not have a built-in wireless LAN adapter. In this case, you can purchase an external Wi-Fi module (you need to choose the right one for your model) and insert it into the USB port of the TV.
After the device is installed, you can also connect to a wireless network via “Network”. “Wireless Connection”.
Preparing iPhone for Wi-Fi Sharing
Almost from the very first models (starting from 3) the iPhone already had the function of distributing the Internet from the phone. Before you activate the access point itself, you need to remember to turn on the mobile Internet, which we will distribute to other devices. The instruction is as follows:
- Go to the phone parameters and find the “Cellular” section.
- Turn on cellular data by switching the corresponding slider. Enable 3G / 4G support if it has been disabled, since these are the standards that support high-speed data transfer, which is required to transmit high-quality images on a TV.
- After activating this option, you can enable the modem itself and distribute the Internet from the iPhone. You need to click on the corresponding line and set a password for the wireless access point. When entering a password, keep in mind that it should not be SIMple (so that intruders do not connect), and also do not use Cyrillic.
- After registering the password, you can already activate the modem by clicking on the button “Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth”.
It should also be borne in mind that some tariffs of mobile operators do not support the ability to distribute the Internet from the phone to other devices. In some cases, an additional fee may even be charged for this, as, for example, on MTS. And even if your operator does not prohibit distributing the Internet, keep an eye on the traffic if your tariff is not unlimited. After all, if the traffic ends, then the speed will drop sharply, or even the Internet will be completely disconnected.
Connecting a Philips TV
To connect your Philips TV to a wireless access point, you need to do the following:
- On the remote control, click on the Home button, then go to the “Settings” section and select the “Connect to the network” line.
- Choose “Wireless”.
- Two options for wireless connection will appear. via WPS or through scanning available networks and connecting with a password. We need the second one (“Scan”). WPS only works with routers with the corresponding function.
- From the list, we find the network whose name we set on the mobile device, and connect.
- You will be required to enter a password to complete the connection. If the connection is not made for the first time, it means that the password has already been saved on the TV, and you can skip this step by SIMply clicking on the “Next” button.
The network being shared is not displayed in the list of available
In some cases, the wireless network may not be displayed on the TV. Then you will have to enter the network name manually and connect in this way.
You can also try turning off and on the TV itself, as well as restarting the hotspot on the phone.
In extreme cases, you will have to reset the TV settings to factory settings. This is done as follows:
- We open additional settings. Choose “General”.
- Click on reset to factory settings.
Possible problems with Wi-Fi distribution
Connecting a Samsung TV
All Smart TVs have Wi-Fi adapters by default. But, if your TV is an older model, it’s worth finding out if it supports over-the-air connection. If not, you need to purchase an external Wi-Fi adapter and connect it to the USB port on the TV. Not every adapter will work, so choose carefully to ensure compatibility (consider devices from the same Samsung manufacturer).
When the TV is turned on for the first time, auto tuning will start. This will cause Samsung to start looking for wireless networks. But if this is not the first time you run it, then you need to connect to the wireless network by finding the appropriate item yourself in the settings. Step-by-step instruction:
- Open the TV settings menu, look for the “Network” tab, then click on the nested item “Network settings”. On the remote control, you need to press the Settings button to go to this item.
- A dark screen will appear, indicating the start of the configuration process. We launch it by clicking on the corresponding “Start” button.
- The screen will select between the types of connection, including cable, wireless, WPS. Select wireless and proceed to the next configuration step.
- You need to wait a few seconds for the TV to find and display a list of all currently available wireless connections. The search is carried out at a frequency of 2.4 GHz (most modern phones can also broadcast a wireless connection only on this frequency).
- In the list that appears, we find the network whose name we have set on the phone, click on it and write a protective combination. After that, the TV will connect to the smartphone, and it will be possible to use the Internet on it.
After connecting, it is recommended to go to the TV settings menu and turn on the Smart Hub option to access Internet content.