TV subwoofer speakers are a relatively inexpensive solution for sound reinforcement. Of course, the sound from a composite stereo system will be of better quality, but a separate subwoofer can significantly change the sound timbre and give a more decent sound level.
Subwoofers operate in the range from about 20 to 160 Hz, and this is where the basis of sound transmission is created, with a subwoofer, the sound is fuller and deeper. Devices can be either active, that is, have an internal amplifier, or passive (without a receiver).
You can connect the active subwoofer to the TV using the already familiar RCA cable: the matching tulips just need to be connected to the output jack on the TV. All modern TV models have automatic settings for easy connection. In the TV menu, all that remains is to check the box in the “External playback devices” section.
Passive subwoofer models are not connected directly to the TV, but through an amplifier. That is, the speaker is connected to additional acoustic equipment:
- Connect the subwoofer to an external amplifier or home theater;
- Carefully check the polarity of the connection: the speaker cable terminals are connected “” to “”, and “-” to “-”, right to right “R”, and left to left “L” output;
- Subwoofer outputs must be connected in parallel to the front speakers.
The connection should be organized in such a way that the speaker works in conjunction with the speaker system (home theater, computer). If written schematically, then the connection of a passive subwoofer looks like this: subwoofer. speaker cable. amplifier. RCA cable. receiver.
Options for acoustics to the TV and how to connect it
Lately, the picture quality standards for watching TV have risen sharply, and today all modern models of LCD, plasma and OLED TVs are able to recreate an excellent, crystal clear picture, but they are not able to provide adequate sound.
Their tiny built-in speakers cannot clearly reproduce dialogues, much less convincingly immerse us in the atmosphere of realistic explosions, car accidents and other disturbances that we see in the plots of our favorite films. If you want to really feel surrounded by a movie soundtrack, hear powerful immersive sound, or simply get a clearer broadcast, then it’s better to use additional speakers for your TV.
Our detailed guide will clearly outline all of the options for getting the best sound for your TV.
It is also possible to improve the sound transmission of television programs due to the multimedia centers available in the house. Powered speakers of these systems have built-in power amplifiers, so they can deliver an improved dynamic range: you can get better sound with less power. Acoustic design will be legible and clear.
Computer speakers are also, as a rule, active audio devices. They receive power from the electrical network, so there is no need to pull additional wires.
The process of connecting speakers to a TV
To connect your stereo speakers to your TV, follow these steps in this order:
- Place the receiver or amplifier as close to the TV as possible, while remaining within the reach of other devices (cable or satellite box, DVD player, etc.);
- Ideally, the TV should be located 120-180 cm from the amplifier, otherwise a longer connecting cable will be required;
- Make sure all equipment is turned off before connecting;
- Find analog or digital audio output on the TV (AUDIO OUT), it can be two RCA sockets or one 3.5 mm mini-jack, for digital audio transmission there will be an optical output or HDMI OUT port;
- Find a free audio input (AUDIO IN) on your stereo receiver (most likely, the stereo or home theater input will be an RCA jack or an HDMI input port);
- Using a cable with appropriate plugs at each end, connect the TV’s audio output to the receiver’s audio input;
- When all cables are connected, turn on the stereo amplifier and TV. But before checking the result, make sure the volume on the receiver is at a low level. The TV sound should now be coming from the speakers.
All audio in and audio out connectors are always signed, so it’s easy to navigate through them. Below you can see a diagram of the main connectors:
Let’s take a look at how to connect speakers to a TV using an RCA connection.
Look at the back of your TV, if there are red and white RCA jacks labeled “audio out”, then you can use a regular left and right stereo audio cable (cinch) to connect. We connect one end of the cable to the TV according to the corresponding colors of the connectors, and the other to the speaker connector, where there is an inscription “Audio input”. If the device has several inputs, it is better to connect to the one marked as “TV-IN”.
Please note that the “jack” standard does not always mean that the signal will be received in “stereo” format: if the plug has 2 pins, then this is mono sound, and if there are 3 partitions, then this is stereo transmission.
It’s important to note that RCA or 3.5mm analog connections are no longer available on many newer TVs. This means that if you are buying a new TV and your soundbar or audio system only has analog audio inputs, you need to make sure that the TV you are planning to purchase does indeed have an analog audio output option. Otherwise, you may have to upgrade to a new soundbar or audio system that provides digital optical audio and / or HDMI-ARC connectivity options.
Depending on the speaker system and TV model, there may be the following connection options:
- The use of fiber optic cable is considered optimal. It does not respond to electromagnetic radiation, so the sound is delivered without the slightest interference or distortion. Connect the “optical out” cable on your TV set-top box to the “optical in” port on your cinema receiver, and you can enjoy deep and high-quality sound while watching any program;
- It is possible that your model of equipment has coaxial jacks, this is also an excellent option for the pure transmission of multichannel sound without the procedure for converting to an analog signal. The audio output connector on the TV will be called S / PDIF (Sony / Philips Digital Interface), or “out coaxial”, and on the cinema receiver “coaxial in”.
Home theater connection
The peculiarity of connecting a home theater is that in the set of multimedia centers there are no wires for connecting additional devices, so you will have to buy them yourself.
Look at the back of the center and find the video input jacks. Use the same method to determine the type of video output on your TV. Now you need to connect the two devices to each other, but do not forget to disconnect them from the electrical network before connecting.
Most often, the connection of a TV to multimedia equipment is carried out either through line connectors or SCART. After connection, the speaker system is put into “AUX” mode. If you did everything correctly, then the sound from the TV should come from the speakers of the media center.
If you made a connection and noticed that the sound is broadcast poorly or there is extraneous noise, then the reason may be the wrong speaker volume parameter. Adjust the speaker volume by changing the settings on the TV and directly at the center.
However, there are many new TVs that do not have analog outputs (RCA or SCART) and instead have an HDMI port. For example, TVs TM Samsung without audio are very popular these days. This means the audio output is built into the HDMI card on the device.
Of course, this can intimidate the user if their stereo receiver only has an RCA audio connection. But do not rush to worry, there is an option for such a situation.
HighDenition Multimedia Interface is an audio / video interface that is used to transfer audio and visual data. This is the flat port you see on TVs, audio systems, and other devices. If both devices have HDMI ports, then there will be no connection problems: all you need to do is connect the TV to the audio system using an HDMI cable.
However, if your TV has HDMI and your audio system does not have one, you will need a dedicated switch box. A typical HDMI 4 × 1 switcher has 3 to 4 different options for separate audio outputs to connect to your sound system:
- Digital coaxial;
- Digital optical;
- Analog RCA port (red and white jack).
You just have to choose the port that your audio system supports. With this switch, you can connect any receiver, external speakers, home theater or surround sound system. This solution will allow you to truly enjoy music or a movie, and especially gamers will like it.
Despite the fact that acoustic systems are developing rapidly, trying to keep up with the emergence of more and more audio formats, stereos are still in demand.
Classic stereo transmission assumes the least processing of sound and the shortest path for the sound signal. This is a method of sound reproduction that creates the illusion of a multidirectional sound perspective, as in natural hearing. This is usually achieved by using two or more independent audio channels.
Stereo sound panels are designed to complement LCD, Plasma and OLED TVs. Soundbars are a design product that creates a wider sound field from a single speaker cabinet. At a minimum, the soundbar will contain speakers for the left and right channels, but there are models that have a dedicated center channel and additional subwoofers, and even side or vertical speakers.
They can be installed on a shelf, on a table, just below the TV, or hung on a wall. Soundbars are of two types: stand-alone and passive. Although both types provide the same listening experience, the ways in which they integrate with the TV are different.
The problem with poor sound quality on TVs is that speakers have to be installed inside thin TV cases. Loudspeakers make sound by vibrating and need space to push out enough air to get quality sound, something that is limited in modern TVs. The result is a subtle sounding wave that cannot satisfactorily complement the picture on a large screen.
As TVs got thinner, their sound became poor quality. TV speakers are not only small and not powerful enough, they almost always point in the wrong direction: they emit sound either down or against the wall behind the TV. Unsurprisingly, everything turns out to be fuzzy and out of focus.
To make watching TV more comfortable, it is better to have an external audio system. Options range from simple soundbar installations to more complex powered speaker or home theater system connections in a box.
The first thing you need to get acquainted with in order to understand which TV acoustics are suitable for your model are audio connectors. They are of the following types:
- Universal SCART connector;
- RCA or composite AV-connector, aka “tulip”;
- Analogue acoustic signal output (right / left);
- TRS-jack (for connecting a headset);
- HDMI port.
The SCART connector is designed to connect devices with a wideband 21-pin plug. It transmits not only audio signals, but also video, as well as control signals.
RCA-jack (tulips) is a popular stereo audio jack. Its sockets have different colors for easy orientation: white is for mono signal or the left channel, and red is for the right speaker.
You can connect active speakers with an amplifier to the line and TRS connectors, but the best option for connecting high-quality audio devices is the HDMI interface for high-definition multimedia. All modern LCD TV models have HD-output and professional home theater systems and soundbars are adapted to them.
As for the sound speakers, they also have their own classification:
- Simple columns;
- Media centers;
- Stereo systems;
- Complexes of audio equipment called home theater.
Since most speakers are not connected to a power source, you need to install a power amplifier. You will also need the correct type of cables so that the sound can be transmitted to the speakers.
It makes sense to combine the stunning visual clarity of your HDTV with the same stunning audio quality. And what equipment will cope with this task best of all, if not the “Home Theater” speaker system?
These are not just high-level speakers, this is a whole complex of sound-reproducing devices, created for optimal conditions for viewing video material at home. This technique completely immerses you in the events on the screen due to the well-thought out sound distribution.
A home theater speaker system can have different designs, depending on the size of the area for which it is designed. There are systems 2.1, 3.1, 5.1, 7.1, etc. It may contain the following elements:
- Front, rear, center speakers (floor, wall, mounted);
- Subwoofer. for reproducing low frequency sound;
- Satellites. auxiliary devices operating in a limited frequency spectrum;
- Soundbar. a mono speaker with several internal speakers.
The more elements the system has, the higher the broadcast quality. And so that the sound transmission is at a high level, they use multi-channel communication.
This method is more complex, but also more functional. If, when connected via USB, a basic set of capabilities opens up to the owner of the devices, allowing the Xiaomi Mi Play to be perceived as an external storage, then when pairing via HDMI, the smartphone’s desktop will be displayed on the receiver’s screen, and the actions performed on the phone will also be displayed. In particular, the launch of certain programs.
The connection will proceed as follows:
- USB plug from MHL adapter or SlimPort plugs into smartphone.
- An HDMI cable connects similar connectors of the adapter and receiver.
- TV settings open, and then a list of available connections.
- The HDMI connector used is selected.
If everything is done correctly, the Xiaomi Mi Play desktop will be displayed on the TV receiver screen. After that, you can manipulate the smartphone, and the movements will be displayed on the TV receiver.
Wire connection options
Wired methods of connecting Xiaomi Mi Play to a TV are not the most convenient in view of the use of cables, but at the same time, such options do not require advanced technical equipment of a TV receiver.
Wireless connectivity options
Ways of setting up a connection between devices without using wires are the most convenient and popular. But in order to connect Xiaomi Mi Play to a TV wirelessly, the latter must support Smart TV technology. Otherwise, you will be able to connect only through the cable.
This is the easiest way to connect your phone to your home screen. To implement it, the owner of Xiaomi Mi Play will need a USB cable that comes with the device.
Next, you need to insert one part of the cable into the smartphone, and the other into the TV receiver. After that, it remains to open the TV menu using the remote control, and select the involved USB port in the connection menu.
At the same time, the exchange of data with the TV is confirmed on the smartphone itself, choosing the connection as a media device. If everything is done correctly, the TV receiver will detect the Xiaomi Mi Play as an external storage, and using the remote control you will play the photo, audio and video on the TV screen.
How to connect Xiaomi Mi Play to TV
Modern technology allows you to perform a variety of operations related to smartphones. Many of them greatly simplify the process of interacting with the device and expand its functionality. In particular, you can connect the Xiaomi Mi Play to your TV. Why you need such a connection, and how to make it?
Via Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct is a feature supported by most smart TV models. It allows you to display the image from the Xiaomi Mi Play screen to a TV receiver. To connect in this way, you must:
- Activate Wi-Fi Direct in the “Network” section of the TV settings.
- On the phone, open the settings and go to the Wi-Fi section.
- Press the button with three dots and select Wi-Fi Direct.
- Select your TV receiver in the menu of available devices.
After performing these manipulations, you will need to open the file manager or gallery, select the required file, click the “Share” button and select Wi-Fi Direct as the sending method.
What will the connection of Xiaomi Mi Play to the TV give?
Xiaomi Mi Play is a full-fledged multimedia device that does not require synchronization with home appliances in standard use cases. But sometimes a smartphone needs to be connected to a TV in order to access the following features:
- watching videos on the big screen;
- listening to music through TV speakers;
- gaming on the TV-receiver screen;
- output of the smartphone desktop to TV;
- wireless TV control.
The owner of Xiaomi Mi Play can complete the list presented by showing his own imagination. But the fact remains that connecting a phone to a TV is a function that is incorporated by the developers in Xiaomi Mi Play.
You can use several synchronization methods to set up a connection between two devices. Both wired and wireless options are being considered. The choice of a particular method depends on various reasons, including the technical equipment of the home, as well as the functionality of the TV. Therefore, before connecting, it is recommended to consider all possible ways.
Mirakast is another wireless connection technology that has a wider functionality compared to Wi-Fi Direct. For example, on the TV screen, in this case, it is possible to display not only a separate file, but also all movements in the phone menu.
- Activate Miracast in TV settings.
- On the phone, go to the “Screen Mirroring”, “Screen Mirroring” or “Wireless Display” settings (the name may differ depending on the firmware).
- Choose your TV from the available devices.
Then the image from the smartphone screen will be transferred to the TV receiver. Any movement of the user, including the launch of individual games or programs, will be reproduced on the large screen.
If you could not find the Mirakast function in the TV settings with Smart TV, then you should not despair. The technology is supported by all models with a built-in Wi-Fi module. You just need to connect your TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network, and then activate the wireless display in the Xiaomi Mi Play settings.
You can also use third-party applications from Google Play to perform the operation. For example, AirScreen or Screen Mirroring. There are a lot of similar programs, so finding a suitable one is not difficult.
How to connect Xiaomi to TV?
Going on a trip or just visiting friends, from time to time there is a need to view information from a smartphone on a large screen. Copying everything to a USB flash drive is an option, but not suitable when it comes to online content. What to do in this case and how to connect Xiaomi Redmi 4x (or any other smartphone) to the TV?
If the TV is modern and supports Miracast technology, everything is quite simple and does not require much effort. The method of activating the wireless mode in such a TV can be found in the instructions for it.
To connect to such a TV, you need the included Wi-Fi module. In this case, it is not necessary that it be connected to some kind of wireless network.
For Xiaomi smartphones with MIUI shell
We go into the settings of the smartphone system and select the item “Additional functions”. In the window that opens, select the item “Wireless display”.
We activate the “Wireless Display” function and wait for the smartphone to find an available monitor.
All that remains is to click on it and wait for the connection.
For smartphones on “pure” Android (Xiaomi Mi A1)
On Xiaomi Mi A1, the process of connecting a wireless screen is slightly different. We go into the settings of the smartphone, select the “Screen” section, where at the very bottom we click on the “Broadcast” item.
Next, click on the ellipsis and activate the “Enable” item. After that, the screen will display a list of devices available for connection from which we select the required.
If the connection is successful, a duplicate image from the smartphone will be displayed on the TV screen and you can enjoy the contents of your mobile device on the big screen.
Of course, not all TVs support the technology of wireless image transmission with sound, in this case additional devices come to the rescue. One such device is an inexpensive but effective dongle from MiraScreen. You can buy it on Aliexpress for only 9.99.
An HDMI port is required to connect to a TV. although with a special adapter “HDMI-tulips” it is possible to connect to old TVs.
Having connected MiraScreen to the TV, insert the supplied cable with the antenna into it. It also houses a USB plug that supplies power to the device. It can be plugged into the TV’s USB port (if available) or any charger. Recommended charging parameters. 5V / 1A.
Once connected, the screen will display the current operating mode (Apple or Windows / Android). Switching between them is carried out by pressing a small button on the side of the device.
All that remains is to connect the smartphone according to the instructions described above.
Connect via USB
Connecting a mobile device to a TV via USB is extremely simple. you only need a special USB Type-C or microUSB cable. It is advisable to use the original factory cable.
We connect the devices to each other and wait for the TV to detect the smartphone. In this case, the mobile device is identified as a removable storage device, so online streaming is not possible. However, you can play video content, music tracks and images stored in the smartphone’s memory.
Connecting a Xiaomi smartphone to a TV
If you are using a modern Smart TV, you can use Mirakast wireless technology. How to connect Xiaomi to TV using it? We perform the following actions:
in the phone settings, click “Additional functions”. In the list that appears, press “Wireless Display”, activate. this item is relevant for devices with MIUI firmware;
for “pure” Android. in the settings, click on “Screen”, in the list that appears, click on “Broadcast”;
we connect the TV, activate the Mirakast program or an analogue with a different name;
in the list of gadgets available for synchronization on a smartphone, select our TV model.
IMPORTANT! Both the smartphone and the TV must be connected to Wi-Fi and be on the same network.
If the connection is successful, the image from the display of the mobile device is duplicated on the “big screen”.
Some smartphone models can be connected to a TV using Wi-Fi Direct:
we connect the phone and TV to a single Wi-Fi network;
in the list of devices for connection, select the TV.
To watch video content from YouTube, you need to go to the corresponding application on your smartphone and click the broadcast icon. If you want to watch videos using the built-in player, in the application you must click “View on TV”.
If your home equipment does not have an HDMI connector, you also need to purchase a special converter that allows you to connect MiraScreen through the “tulip”. a set of connectors that is in every TV.
Another HDMI connection option is an MHL cable with a micro USB output on one end and an HDMI on the other.
IMPORTANT! Not every smartphone model supports MHL connection. Therefore, before buying a cable, you need to clarify this issue.
Knowing how to connect Xiaomi to a TV via USB, HDMI or wirelessly, you can use this opportunity to watch movies and videos, listen to music, view photos and other images, show presentations.
How to connect speakers to your LG TV
Modern LG TVs boast high-quality sound. Nevertheless, many equipment owners want to further improve the audio system by connecting speakers to the TV. This allows you to enjoy the highest quality surround sound.
Before you start connecting speakers, you need to clarify what audio jacks your LG TV model is equipped with. The most common are digital HDMI, line-in (MiniJack) or dedicated speaker SCART or RCA.
LG TV models with Smart-TV have the ability to connect wireless speakers via Bluetooth.
HDMI. Found in most modern TVs and home theaters. Allows you to transfer information without loss of quality.
If you are going to connect a powerful audio center with built-in amplifiers to your TV, it is recommended to use HDMI connectors.
MiniJack, SCART (hairbrush) and RCA (tulip) are not designed for high-power audio systems. When using these connectors, you need to be especially careful, because if you connect speakers with a more permissible power to the TV, there is a risk of damage or even damage to the equipment.
The second thing to look out for is the speakers themselves. Acoustic systems are active and passive, and the connection method depends on their type.
Active speaker system assumes the presence of a built-in amplifier and is connected to the mains for power supply. In the overwhelming majority of cases, such speakers are connected to the TV using 3.5 mm inputs, designated MiniJack or TRS. In the event that your LG TV does not have such connectors, you can solve the problems by purchasing an additional adapter “MiniJack / RCA”.
Passive speaker system is not equipped with an amplifier, it must be purchased separately and the speakers must be connected first to it, and only then through the amplifier to the TV. In this case, there is a possibility that the sound quality will not be optimal.
Here’s what to look for when choosing an amplifier:
- Its power should not be more than a third higher than the power of the speakers. (Carefully read the User’s Guide for the speakers, this information is sure to be there).
- The impedance of the amplifier and speakers must be equal.
- The wire with which the amplifier will be connected to the TV is very important. Experts recommend not to use a cord with a cross section of less than 2 mm.
How to connect speakers to a TV using wires: step by step instructions
- Having decided on the type of connector, connect the HDMI, RCA or MiniJack cable to the corresponding jack on the back of the TV.
- If you are connecting computer speakers to your TV, use your TV as a power source. To do this, plug them into any free USB port on the rear panel.
- Adjust the sound settings on your TV.
How to connect wireless speakers to your TV: step by step instructions
- Turn on the TV using the remote.
- In the “Menu” find the Bluetooth section and make sure that this option is active.
- In the list of available devices, find the Bluetooth speaker you want to connect.
- Sync your devices.
After you have successfully connected the speakers to your LG TV, you need to complete the process by adjusting the sound settings on the TV itself.
- In the menu, select “Home” (Icon “Home”).
- Go to the section “Settings” (Icon “Gear”).
- In the upper right corner, find the icon with three vertical dots, and in it the “Sound” section.
- In the subsection “Audio Out” select “Audio Out (Optical / HDMI ARC)”.
- Activate SIMPLINK mode.
If you are using a speaker that supports LG Sound Sync:
- In the menu, select the item “Home” (Icon “Home”).
- Go to the section “Settings” (Icon “Gear”).
- In the upper right corner, find the icon with three vertical dots, and in it the “Sound” section.
- In the subsection “Audio Out” select “LG Sound Sync (Optics)”.
If you connect an audio system that supports LG Sound Sync using Bluetooth, select “LG Sound Sync (Wireless)” in the settings.
How to connect speakers to your LG TV?
Modern TVs have achieved incredible heights in the quality of the broadcast image, in ergonomics and space saving. However, in all these widescreen innovations, there is absolutely nowhere to install high-quality speakers that would provide good sound. to match the image. Therefore, sooner or later, any user thinks about connecting an external speaker system.
Which speakers are right?
Large home loudspeakers are active and passive. Their connection and features are slightly different.
Active type systems
Such acoustics have a built-in amplifier. It does not need any additional devices or connections, because it is powered directly from the electrical network. Sometimes such systems are also found in speakers from a computer.
Before connecting your speakers, you need to figure out what audio jacks your TV has. Most modern models have one of three types of electrical connectors.
- Special acoustic connectors. These include inputs such as SCART or RCA. Connecting through this type of connection is similar to connecting computer speakers over USB. It is usually used for systems without a built-in amplifier. But be sure to make sure that the power of your acoustics does not exceed the permissible level, otherwise you can burn not only the connector, but also the equipment.
- Line-in or MiniJack. Such connectors usually have a separate headset output. Just like the first option, they are not suitable for high-power systems with built-in amplifiers. It is likely that you will need a special tulip adapter to connect through this port.
- Digital HDMI connector. Such outputs are equipped with ultra-modern models of such large companies as LG or Samsung. Only powerful music centers are connected through it. Usually such connectors can be found in home theaters, where sound quality is as important as picture quality.
How do you determine which connector is on your TV? Take a look at its back panel. The SCART connector looks like an oblong line with two rows of holes.
CRA. three round connectors for plugs, usually colored yellow, white and red. MiniJack inputs are somewhat similar to CRAs. They are also round, but noticeably smaller and painted in different colors. The standard is green, black and pink. The HDMI connector is about 1.7 cm long and 0.5 cm high. In its recess there is a small plate with contacts, with the help of which information is transmitted.
This type of system cannot be connected directly to the TV. You will need to purchase an additional amplifier for the speakers to work. And from the amplifier already pull the wire to the TV. When connecting them, you will have to take into account a number of features.
- When choosing an amplifier, pay attention to the fact that its power does not exceed the power of the speakers themselves by more than 30%.
- The thicker the wire between the system and the TV, the more reliable the connections will be. It is not recommended to take wires thinner than 0.2 cm in cross-section.
- Amplifier and speaker impedances must be equal.
- Pay attention to the polarity. Connect the left speaker to the left channel, and the right speaker to the right. If you do otherwise, it can have an extremely negative effect on the quality of sound perception.
Of course, you can connect any speakers to modern TVs, whether they are from a computer, from a music center or professional acoustics.
Many models with Smart TVs now even have Bluetooth, thanks to which you can use not only wired speakers, but also portable ones, for example JBL.
Pairing with wireless speakers is no longer a problem for modern smart TVs from LG. Connecting them via Bluetooth is as simple as possible:
- turn on the TV and find the “Bluetooth” tab in the main menu;
- now turn on the column and, if necessary, activate the device search function;
- in the list of available devices on the TV screen, find your headset and select it.
Now it remains only to wait a little while the pairing is established, and you can use the system.
Connecting speakers with wires differs depending on the type of connection. Plug the Cinch, HDMI or MiniJack into the corresponding port on the back of your TV, and plug in the plug and the system is ready to use. If you take small computer speakers, the power of which is relatively low, then they can use the USB connector as a power source. Fortunately, TVs usually have 2 or 3 of these.
Connecting speakers to your LG TV is easy, whatever they are. The main thing you need to know for this is the type of their connection and the type of TV connector. You can even use speakers from the music center, but do not forget that, most likely, they are of the passive type and require an additional amplifier.
How to connect speakers and headphones to a TV via HDMI ARC, see below.