The connection is made with an RJ45 Ethernet network cable to the LAN port. The advantage of this option is the high speed of the Internet, the clearest and most stable signal, fast setup. The disadvantages include the abundance of wires and the need to purchase an external modem (splitter). Without it, it will be impossible to use a wired connection for other home devices.
Experts recommend connecting the TV to the Internet through a router, rather than directly (when the cord is inserted into the jack on the TV panel). Since providers use different types of connections, there is a chance that not all of them will be compatible with Smart TV.
When connecting via a router, the DHCP server is turned on (it implies automatic assignment of an IP address), and the router independently performs the network settings. The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol is almost always enabled by default. But, if, nevertheless, the provider issued a static IP address, you will need to set the parameters manually. To do this, you should:
insert the cable into the connector and go to the TV menu;
open the “Network Settings” section and select “Cable”;
in the window that appears, manually enter all the parameters given by the provider and click the “OK” button.
The network connection will be configured.
Internet setup on Samsung TV
The main difference between Smart TV and conventional TVs is the integration of a “smart” box. The manufacturer uses a Tizen processor, which brings the device closer to a computer in terms of functionality. To use the capabilities of the Internet, it must be connected to the Global Network. There are two ways to do this: wired and wireless.
Create account and install apps
The final stage of connecting Smart TV to the Internet is registration for Samsung Apps. Having an account allows you to receive updates in a timely manner and use the capabilities of the Internet to the fullest. To register, you need to do the following manipulations.
Plug your Samsung TV into a power outlet.
Press the “Smart” button and open the “Smart Hub” application, then enter the menu.
Press button A on the remote control.
In the menu that appears on the screen, select the option “Create an account”.
Enter the email address in the “Login” window.
In the password field, create and enter a combination of 8-15 characters. Use Latin script.
Check the box next to the message “Receive E-mail on Samsung Smart TV”.
Click on the “Create Account” button.
You need to remember or write down your username and password, and enter it every time you enter the Smart Hub application.
To start using Smart technology on your Samsung TV, you need to download the latest apps. For this you need:
go to the menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control;
in the window that opens, select the application of interest and click on the icon;
on the tab, press the “Install” button and wait a few seconds until the operation ends.
How to connect smartphone and iPhone to Samsung TV
If you are tired of peering at the small display of your smartphone and spoil your eyesight, Smart TV technology allows you to synchronize it with television equipment. The user of a mobile device gets the opportunity to play his favorite games, watch movies and exciting sports matches, organize presentations, surf the Internet using a wide diagonal screen.
There are several options for syncing your Android or iOS phone to your TV:
using proprietary technology from Samsung. “Screen Monitoring”;
via Smart View app and one local Wi-Fi network;
using Miracast or Wi-Fi Direct functions;
with MHL technology.
You can connect a mobile device to the TV panel wirelessly using Wi-Fi, as well as through an analog cable, HDMI, USB, DLNA connection. You can download and install the software from the Apple Store or Play Market (depending on the OS of the mobile device).
Most Samsung TVs have a built-in Wi-Fi router. In this case, to ensure the connection, you will need to do the following:
open the main menu;
go to the “Network Settings” section;
select the network type → Wireless;
select the required one in the list of available connections;
After synchronization, a notification will appear on the screen that the device was successfully connected to the network.
Step-by-step instructions for setting up channels on Smart TV
To be able to watch your favorite programs and TV shows, you must search for all terrestrial channels. First you need to select a signal source. Its type (analog, digital or satellite) depends on the type of equipment used.
To configure channels, you need to adhere to the following aLGorithm of actions:
open the “Menu” of the TV;
go to the “All settings” section;
select the category “Channels”;
set the signal type and activate the “Automatic search” option.
The scanning process takes several minutes, but after its completion, the found channels will need to be saved. If one or more broadcasts are missing, you can find them. by activating manual adjustment. To do this, you need to know the frequency and range of broadcasting.
Instructions for connecting Smart TV on Samsung TV
Any modern TV model has broad capabilities. Its functions are not limited to channel broadcasting only. Thanks to the introduction of Smart TV (Smart TV), the TV has turned into a full-fledged multimedia center that can be used for games, entertainment, and communication in social networks. The most advanced in this regard is Samsung’s technology. In this article, we will look at how to connect Smart TV to Samsung TV and enjoy all the benefits of smart technology.
TV does not connect to the Internet: causes and solutions
Sometimes the owners of “smart” TVs are faced with the problem of accessing the Internet. The reasons may lie in the incorrect connection, incorrect settings of the Smart TV or router, or problems with the provider. To avoid this, you need to analyze the most common causes and find out how to eliminate them.
Connecting TV to another Wi-Fi network with limited Internet access
Go to “Network Settings” and select the desired type of wireless connection
Wrong password entered when connecting to access point
Provide correct security key and try again
Incorrect DHCP operation
Disable the function in the router and enter the parameters manually by going to menu → Network → Network status → Configure IP
Disabled the function of automatic assignment of IP and DNS to television equipment
In the TV menu, repeat the path indicated above, only activate the “Receive automatically” option in the IP settings
Lack of Internet connection when connecting the provider’s cable to TV directly
Check the status of the cord or set up a connection via a router
Software glitch or errors in the TV, outdated version of the operating system.
Go to the official Samsung website and download the updated firmware
As you can see, connecting and setting up Smart TV on a Samsung TV is not difficult, and even a beginner can cope with the task. If you follow the recommendations, there should be no problems. But how many opportunities for the implementation of the plan open up for the owners of “smart” TVs.
Possible setup problems and how to fix them
- Pages are taking too long to load.
Move the router closer to the TV.
- No internet connection.
Restart TV or adapter, disconnect and reconfigure.
- Adapter settings are wrong.
This problem is solved by manually configuring the Internet. You can use the WPS system. it allows you to connect in automatic mode.
- Poor, fuzzy picture, interference during playback. content.
The main reasons for this phenomenon are either a low data transfer rate, or a weak processor is installed in the router. The way out of the situation will be to replace Wi-Fi equipment with a more powerful one or increase the data transfer speed.
- Self-powered shutdown and inclusion of equipment.
Here you need to check its settings. If the cause persists, experts recommend changing the firmware or firmly fixing the outlet.
But it also happens that you have to turn to the services of specialists. In case of independent shutdown of functions or, for example, interruptions in the soundtrack. Often such problems arise due to software failures or failure of some part of the technical design.
It is also worth remembering that if the Smart TV is purchased from hands, then the settings of the previous owner are installed on it. It is recommended to reset them to the factory settings, and re-configure not only the connection to your home network, but also the standard ones (brightness, channels, contrast, etc.).
Smart TV set-top box. TV connection process
Smart TV set-top box is a compact device based on the Android operating system. It is a small module with an integrated processor and memory. In terms of functionality, it is very SIMilar to a tablet equipped with the same operating system, the only difference between them is the interface. How to connect and configure Smart TV via a set-top box? For this you need:
- of course, the prefix itself;
- TV with HDMI. connector (included are HDMI. extension cable);
- if the set-top box does not have a remote control, then you need a computer mouse or keyboard to control.
The setup process itself looks like this:
- The set-top box is connected to HDMI. the connector on the TV. If necessary, you can connect via an extension cable.
- Next, a microUSB power cable is connected to the set-top box; the other end fits into the corresponding socket on the TV. If there is no such input on it, then the connection can be made through the power adapter to the outlet (it comes with the set-top box).
- If there is no remote control included, an adapter for a mouse is installed in the console into another USB connector (there are 2 of them).
- On the TV, select the HDMI reception mode, otherwise there will be no picture. If there are several of them, select the active.
- Wait a few seconds for the equipment to boot.
- The main screen will appear. a convenient, functional interface.
- Go to Setting, connect to Wi-Fi (if available), set time, date, time zone for proper Wi-Fi operation.
- Return to the main screen and select the TV folder. there you can view any multimedia format.
- To watch TV channels switch from HDMI to the corresponding output.
How to connect and set up Smart TV. instructions
Modern TVs with the Smart TV function allow not only having access to all world TV channels, but also using most of the Internet resources (depending on the model). Before purchasing such a TV, you should figure out how to connect and configure Smart TV, as well as decide on the method of connecting to the Internet.
Smart TV connection on LG model
This action can be done in five steps:
- Turn on the TV, go to the main menu and press “Home”.
- On the working panel, select the “network” folder, select the “network connection” option. LG Network Connection
- There will be 2 types of connection. select the one you want (wireless or wired) and click “configure connection”. LG connection selection
- After that a list of available networks will appear. select the appropriate one. LG choosing a network to connect
- There will also be a button “setting manually”, by clicking it, enter the necessary parameters.
Manual Smart TV Tuning
If you have difficulties with automated Smart TV setup, then you can try the manual option. This method can be used if the parameters are incorrectly set, or if the factory settings have not changed. This happens if there are failures in the Smart operating system or when the provider’s network settings are false. You don’t need to be afraid of this. the situation is quite fixable, the main thing is to find out the correct parameters.
This is most conveniently done through a computer if it is connected to the same network. You need to double-click on the “connection” icon and go to the “information” section.
Below are the instructions for the most popular Smart TV models.
Connecting Samsung Smart TV
There is also nothing complicated here if you follow 5 points:
- On the remote, go to the “menu” open the “network” tab.
- Further “network settings”. Setting up the Samsung Smart TV network
Further “network settings”
If automatic configuration does not start, select “IP Settings”
Configuring Smart TV using WPS, PlugAccess technologies
These types of network connections have certain features that you need to know during the setup process.
To set up a connection using the WPS system, you need this program to be built into your TV and router. Connection is carried out in 3 steps:
- Go to the TV settings and find and select the WPS function.
- Press the WPS button on the router.
- Wait a few seconds for the devices to sync: the display should show the result of the connection.
To use PlugAccess, you need to make sure your router and TV support this function. Connecting Smart TV in this way takes 5 steps:
- Any storage device can be connected to the Wi-Fi router.
- When the indicator light flashes, the storage device is removed.
- Next, you need to connect it via the USB port to the TV.
- Wait a few seconds. the system will automatically configure.
- Eject drive.
Wired LAN connection to the Internet
So here’s a step-by-step guide to LAN connection:
- It is advisable to have a crimper on hand. You will need this tool to clamp the twisted pair wires. This can be done with a regular screwdriver, but it is more problematic. Using twisted pairs, a connection is made to an external modem.
- We connect the Internet cable to the splitter. The latter can not be used if you will only use the Internet through a TV. In this case, the cable is connected directly to the Internet port on the TV.
- Next, Smart. the system on the TV independently starts the process of configuring network parameters.
We connect the cable to the TV
If the automated configuration for some reason was not successful, see the section “manual configuration”.
Smart TV connection via Wi-Fi
Modern Smart TVs are equipped with built-in Wi-Fi modules. If your TV model does not have such a module, then you need to purchase an adapter for connecting to wireless networks. It is connected via a USB connector on the TV. The settings of most Smart TVs do not differ, so the aLGorithm of actions is common for models popular on the Russian market. Setting up via Wi-Fi is done as follows:
- turn on the Wi-Fi router and make sure that it is in working order;
- you do not need to configure it. the settings on it are standard for all receiving devices. You can clarify the functionality of the distributed Internet via a smartphone;
- connect the adapter to the TV (if it is built-in, no action is required);
- press the “menu” button on the TV remote control;
- go to the “network” section;
- click the “network settings” option;
- check again the distribution of Wi-Fi, then click “Start”;
- the TV will start an automatic search for networks and show them in the form of a list: select the name of your network and enter the password for Wi-Fi.
Search for connection
It should be remembered here that if Wi-Fi neighbors are mistakenly selected, the Internet connection will constantly disappear, so we carefully look at the name of the network.
Many novice owners of “smart” TVs have some difficulties with entering a password, due to forgetfulness, data loss. You can find it either on the back of the router, or on your phone or tablet. You need to go to the “connection properties” section on the gadget. there is an option “allow opening the password window”
A SIMilar aLGorithm for connecting Smart TV through a computer. Here it should be borne in mind that the connection will work only through the Wi-Fi network. If you synchronize your PC and Smart TV using an HDMI cable, then the monitor of the latter will SIMply broadcast the image from the computer.
General connection information
Today interactive TV is a serious alternative to cable or satellite TV. The broadcast quality fully corresponds to the modern characteristics of TVs, and the additional functionality significantly expands the possibilities of using TV content. over, interactive television of the new generation has some advantages over on-air or cable broadcasting. better sound, better picture. At the same time, the cost of content is more than affordable. Given the capabilities of modern high definition TVs, it makes sense to set up IPTV on a TV. In addition, IPTV owners can use other services related to television content: recording programs, broadcasting archive, the ability to pause the broadcast, etc.
You can connect digital TV in any convenient way, each of which has its own nuances:
- through the connected iptv prefix;
- through a router via a wireless connection;
- using special applications;
- via internet browser.
How to set up IPTV through a router
To do this, you need to enter the router menu through a browser. Depending on the manufacturer and model, the procedure may differ, but in general, the sequence of actions is SIMilar, therefore, based on the recommendations below, you can figure out how this is done on a specific router.
On D-Link, the setting is different for different connection options. If you plan to view it through a set-top box, then in the main menu, select “IP TV” (may be called “multimedia device connection”) and reserve one of the ports through which the connection to the set-top box will be made. Further, all settings are carried out directly on it.
In the case of viewing IPTV directly through the TV.
- In the router menu, you need to enter the advanced settings. We select the section “network”. “WAN”. “add”. Scrolling through the page below, in the “miscellaneous” section, mark the “IGMP” item. save the result.
- We return to the main menu, look for the “additional”. “routing” section, click add. A line appears in which you need to manually enter values. Destination network. “220.127.116.11”, network mask. “240.0.0.0”, gateway. IP address assigned by the provider, metric. “1”, through the interface. “automatically”. Save the result.
For D-link Dir-300 series routers, you need to enter the settings, find the Advanced Network tab, check “Enable Multicast Streams”. After rebooting, the IPTV device will start working.
At ASUS, enter its settings, open the “LAN” section and select the “route”. We activate the option “multicast routing” and save the result.
TP-Link routers have a “multicast” function, that is, support for IPTV. By default, it only works on fresh firmware. just update the router to make everything work.
For Netgear devices, you need to enter the “quick menu”, open the settings and “Internet port parameters”. Next, we indicate the required connector. it is reserved for IPTV.
In ZyXEL, in the device menu, click on the globe in the panel below.
- We are looking for the “connection” tab, select “broadband connection” and open it.
- We select the connector through which the set-top box or TV will be connected. A window will open for adjusting its parameters, mark “use to access the Internet”, “enable”, IP parameters. “automatically”, “use an IP connector” and save the result.
- Next, open the “components” item. activate “IGMP / PPPoE Proxy”.
- In the menu “home network” Broadband Connection set the value “to the provider”, for Home Network you need to specify “to the home network”, activate “IGMP Proxy” and save the result.
If the user does not want to lay extra wires, then it is necessary to familiarize yourself with how to connect a digital TV via the Internet. Let’s consider the aLGorithm using the example of popular TV brands.
For owners of LG equipment, wireless IPTV connection is available and digital channels broadcast on TV through a specially developed SS IPTV program. You need an internet connection to access it. You can install the application from a USB drive or after downloading.
To download and run the program, you need to go to the Smart menu, open the Smart World tab. Enter the name of SS IPTV in the address bar and set the search command. When the utility is displayed in the list, it must be installed and then opened. Connecting interactive television to televisions of other brands, such as Philips or Samsung, is carried out by a SIMilar aLGorithm of actions.
Features of connecting the attachment
Connecting a digital set-top box is not much different from installing various TV tuners. The connection to the router is carried out via a standard Ethernet connector; wireless configuration via Wi-Fi is also available. If you wish or have some difficulties, you can use the wire and connect it to the LAN connector.
There are other outputs on any IPTV set-top box:
- AV for connecting to older TVs;
- HDMI for more modern panels;
- USB connector (usually located on the front).
To receive digital television, the TV has either an HDMI output or an AV. The connection to the set-top box is carried out by turning on the corresponding wire. this completes the physical connection of the set-top box.
In Philips TV panels, you need to establish an Internet connection by connecting to an access point (router). Then press the Home button on the remote control to open the configuration menu. In the network settings, select the “Operation mode” item and register the DNS value. To connect to digital television, just download any of the available widgets.
Set-top box setup
After connecting the set-top box, it must be turned on. A menu appears on the TV for viewing IPTV. Setting up software is generally quite SIMple. The remote control has a Setup button, after pressing it, you need to make the following settings.
- Set the clock and date in the Advanced Settings window. This is necessary to use various options such as timeshift and “on demand”.
- For a wired connection, you need to set up a connection to the network: for this, in the Network Configuration menu, select the type (Ethernet connection).
- Next, in the next tab, click AUTO (DHCP) and activate it, confirm the command by clicking OK.
- In the “Network Status” tab, check the status of the Ethernet connection.
- Open the “Servers” menu, register pool.ntp.org. in the NTP servers field.
- Then you can customize. by opening the “Settings” tab, disable the “Force DVI” item and “automatic / auto frame rate switching”. Then it remains to set the screen resolution parameters, set the output mode (here you need instructions, for example, in outdated models it is called PAL).
- Save settings and restart the STB.
In the event of technical breakdowns, defects or other difficulties, the set-top box may not work correctly. If after all the manipulations the device gives errors, you can repeat the setup, read the decoding of the problems in the instructions, or contact your provider or the manufacturer of the set-top box for technical support.
How to install and configure IPTV on a TV
IPTV is a digital television that can be connected to both a TV and a computer, smartphone, media player. There are several ways to connect IP TV to the LED panel, which makes it possible for any user to configure and watch digital channels based on their own capabilities, you just need to know how to do it correctly.
To watch IPTV on a Samsung TV, as in the previous methods, you need to set up a connection to the Internet and install a special utility.
- Open the Smart Hub menu on the remote control, press the “A” button. Here you need to create an account, enter the Develop login and password.
- Then enter the settings and open the “Development” item. In the field IP-address write 18.104.22.168, or use the alternative set 22.214.171.124.
- After select the “Application Synchronization” tab, when the process is over, press Enter.
Now in the list of applications, the user will have access to a special utility nStreamPlayer for watching IPTV television.
You can learn more about the wireless connection of the TV receiver to the Internet from the article on the capabilities of TVs with Wi-Fi.