Ways to set up Smart TV on your TV
Smart TV setup methods depend on the correct connection and the selection of the desired tabs in the TV menu. Since the main difference between a smart TV and a regular TV is access to content via the Internet, it is important to correctly connect to get a stable connection. Physically, it is performed in the same way as connecting other devices using the Internet channel.
This can be a wireless connection via Wi-Fi or a cable connection using a LAN port, which is available in every modern Smart TV. In both cases, the connection is made through a router, which must also be configured in advance.
The choice of the method depends on you, but as for me, the cable connection is easier and does not cut the data transfer stream like Wi-Fi.
In addition, the smart TV is equipped with a terrestrial antenna connector and a built-in digital tuner. Since Ukraine is finally and irrevocably switching to digital television (T2), we will consider possible ways of setting up digital broadcasting. To connect, you need a common external antenna with cable entry or an individual antenna.
In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to view popular TV channels via the IPTV protocol via the Internet without connecting an antenna. To do this, you will need to additionally install one of the special applications (IPTV player or VLC player). And of course, no one forbids you to use all the advantages of an on-air dish, which opens up access to many satellite channels from all over the world.
TOP 5 TV models with Smart TV
Our ranking of the best TVs with Smart TV features includes both budget and advanced models in different classes.
A pleasant and inexpensive baby who will find his place in a small room or in the kitchen. The TV has a 22 inch IPS screen with Full HD resolution. It has well-balanced color reproduction and high brightness / contrast.
Despite the small diagonal, this Smart TV is equipped with analog and digital tuners, plays video of popular formats and has a picture in picture (PiP) function. Two loud speakers with a power of 10W will allow you to hear any sound that will block the noisy grilling in a frying pan.
The smart TV has a rich selection of communication ports, including the required LAN, 2xHDMI and 2xUSB. If you want to get rid of unnecessary wires, you can connect the TV via Wi-Fi.
Thanks to a high-quality matrix made on the basis of ADS-IPS technology, the 32-inch screen with a rather low resolution of 1366×768 shows a clear picture with deep blacks and excellent contrast.
The matrix has a fast enough response for IPS and excellent viewing angles. The TV boasts a good set of communication ports, a built-in browser and the presence of a Wi-Fi module. It’s a pity, but the sound pumped up here. A pair of built-in stereo speakers deliver only 6 watts at full power.
A set of connectors and built-in TV tuners. it couldn’t be better. Supports Wi-Fi Wi-Fi Miracast wireless connections. Decent sound of the 20W audio system, improved by the proprietary technology of sound amplification without loss of quality Clear Audio The operating system is pure Android. This is good news, because it opens up more opportunities for the correct installation and operation of many applications.
Strong midrange with a gorgeous Ultra HD screen (3840 × 2160) and a powerful 4-core processor. Support for HDR technologies, True Color Accuracy, Dynamic Color gives an incredibly bright mesmerizing image on the LCD screen. Two speakers with a total power of 20W provide high-quality sound, supported by Ultra Surround and Clear Voice III technologies.
The TV has a full set of TV tuners in analog and digital format. 6 pcs, as well as a wide selection of connectors. Wireless connection can be made via Wi-Fi direct and Mirakast.
A special feature of the model is voice control. The TV runs under LG’s proprietary webOS 4.0 shell, which has undergone significant changes for the better compared to previous versions.
Another Ultra HD-scale, but already with an incredible 55-inch screen based on the newfangled QLED matrix, which produces flawless color reproduction. But these are only flowers. 12 technological developments implemented by Korean electronics magicians in this model are working to improve the image.!
The TV speaker system, consisting of dual speakers with a total power of 40W, will satisfy not only movie lovers, but also music fans. Full set of built-in tuners for high quality analog and digital images.
Possible options for connecting to the router are via Wi-Fi or LAN. It is controlled, like all Samsung, by the Tizen operating system. In our opinion, this is the best Smart TV. It’s a pity. the price tag upsets.
Nuances of setting up Smart TV on popular TV brands:
As we mentioned earlier, setting up any TV, and Smart TV is no exception, starts with the correct connection to the router.
To set up an over the air (Wi-Fi) connection, do the following. Enter the TV menu using the remote control. Select the “Network” line in the settings, go to “Network Settings”, and then start the network scanner with the “Start” button. After some time, you will receive a list of available networks, from which you should select the one that corresponds to the network name specified in the router settings.
Enter the network key and, profit, you will receive a message about a successful connection. (the “DHCP” function must be enabled on the router). You may need to manually enter the parameters in the IP Settings menu, which you must obtain from your ISP. With a cable connection, you just need to connect the LAN ports of the router and the TV with an Ethernet cable.
To know how to set up Smart TV, we will give universal instructions for setting up any such device, regardless of the manufacturer. For more information on how to tune channels in Smart TV, see the TV manual. This source should not be neglected, because due to the manufacturer’s own ambitions, setting up devices of different brands has features that are not easy for the consumer to figure out on his own. over, the instructions for performing simple tasks can vary significantly even within the models of the same brand.
We can show with a simple example what the procedure for performing a factory reset looks like for different series of Samsung TVs:
- M, Q, LS. Home / Settings / Support / Self-diagnosis / Reset / Enter PIN (if not changed-0000) / Reset
- K. Menu or Home / Settings / Support / Self-diagnosis / Reset / Enter PIN (if not changed-0000) / Yes
- J. Menu or Menu / 123 / Settings / Support / Self-diagnosis / Reset / Enter PIN (if not changed-0000) / Yes
- H. Menu or Keypad-Mune / Support / Self-diagnosis / Reset / Enter PIN (if not changed-0000) / Yes
- F. Menu or / Settings / Support / Self-diagnosis / Reset / Enter PIN (if not changed-0000) / Yes
Unfortunately, uniform standards for TV manufacturers turned out to be appropriate only in relation to generally accepted interfaces, protocols and technologies, but do not affect the area of software and operating systems at all. In this discordant chorus, the unprepared buyer has a hard time. And hence the constant complaints of users about the inability to properly set up Smart TV, lack of access to the desired services and unsatisfactory image quality.
Tuning of digital and analogue TV channels for LG Smart TVs is performed according to the algorithm below for Samsung TVs.
The question on how to set up Sony Smart TV can be answered after completing the Internet connection using one of the methods. with a network cable or via Wi-Fi:
- for LAN. Home (TV remote). Settings. Network. Network setup. Network connection setup. Simple
- for Wi-Fi. Home (TV remote). Settings. Network. Network setup. Network connection setup. Simple. Wi-Fi connection. select your network in the list of available. login / password. Login
After entering the Smart menu, you should update the TV firmware as follows. Home (TV remote). Settings. Network. Update Internet content. Then wait a while for the update to complete. Tuning of terrestrial TV channels is performed in accordance with the settings below.
Smart TV. the main features of this functionality
In recent years, electronics manufacturers have spurred the dying interest in television with the release of a new class of devices called Smart TV.
These TVs have received enhanced functions due to the additional access to a wide range of information and services via the Internet. So, let’s consider all the benefits that an interspecies device gives us, which combines the most popular functions of a TV and a computer:
- access to the updated TV program guide for all channels available for viewing
- the ability to record TV programs for further viewing
- viewing video files of any format from any source. home network, flash drives, the Internet
- listening to music with high sound quality, as well as watching videos from YouTube
- communication on social networks
- surfing web pages on the internet using a browser
- communication via Skype
- access to the content of popular services. Netflix, iTunes
- access to many useful applications from the Market
- the ability to play your favorite games
- organization of file sharing over the network (All Share)
Smart TV is produced by the three world leaders of electronic technology. Sony, Samsung and LG, less successful in television innovations Philips, PanSonyk, Toshiba and Sharp, as well as manufacturers of the rear echelon. Hisense, Ergo, Elenberg, and Bravis. In this company it is nice to see a Ukrainian manufacturer that produces competitive TVs under the Kivi brand.
If you already have a TV and want to turn it into a Smart TV, there is a simple solution. You buy a TV box on Android and, by connecting it to your TV, you get a full-fledged Smart TV with all its inherent set of functions.
Smart TV. how easy it is to set up and connect?
For inexplicable reasons, the manual for Samsung TVs contains detailed instructions for connecting, but it does not sufficiently disclose the issue of the settings of the Smart TV itself.
We present a standard set of sequential steps that will remove the question of how to set up a Samsung Smart TV:
- launch on the remote control the button labeled “Smart Hub”
- in the menu that opens, we see the icons of the “Smart Hub” applications (something like an OS desktop)
- create a user account that will allow you to install applications from the Samsung Store
- launch any application from the “Smart Hub” menu to test its performance
- if something does not work, then you need to check the correctness of the Internet connection connection settings
The following is an example of how to set up digital terrestrial television on Samsung TVs:
- use the button on the remote control to enter the settings
- in the list, find the tab with the name “Broadcast” or the corresponding icon with the antenna icon
- here it should be indicated that a cable connection is being made
- open the “Country” menu. Here we select. “Other” (for LG. Germany or Finland)
- in the PIN-code input window. 0000 (by default, if you haven’t changed anything)
- may need to reconfirm signal source. Cable
- we set the search network settings: fast mode, automatic network selection
- fill in the network settings data:
- frequency. 314 MHz.
- baud rate. 6875 KS / s.
- modulation. 256.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press CtrlEnter.
How to connect Smart TV to LV TV using a cable
To connect in this way, you will need to enter information manually.
If there is a binding of the connection to a specific address, then it can be found in the instructions for the TV and reported to the service provider. You can also find out the address by visiting Support and selecting the required model details.
Procedure for connecting via cable:
- Connecting the LAN splitter socket on the back of the Smart TV cabinet:
- Using the remote control, you need to go to the main menu and press Home.
- In the “Settings” you need to go to the “Network” section and the “Network connection” option.
- You need to click “Configure connection” and select “List of networks”.
- Click the “Wired network” option.
- After a while, click “Finish” to complete the TV connection to the Internet.
Connecting your LG Smart TV to the network
First, you need to connect the device to the Internet. When connected to their service provider, the customer is provided with a large amount of additional opportunities provided by the use of LG Smart TV. This has certain positive aspects:
- playback of online media content;
- availability of access to Internet TV broadcasting;
- the ability to watch your favorite movies from the free list;
- the selected applications and video games are launched;
- the ability to use additional functions.
To use Smart TV technology, there are two ways to connect your TV to the Internet:
- using a cable. used when it is possible to conveniently connect the wire to the TV or in the absence of a home Wi-Fi network;
- using a wireless Wi-Fi network.
With both connection methods, the settings will differ only at the first or last stage.
How to set up Smart TV on LG TVs: initial setup, channel connection
By correctly setting up the Smart TV function on LG TV, users will be able to watch TV channel packages via the Internet if there is a wireless connection, without using additional equipment.
Wi-Fi connection: necessary equipment, how to turn on Wi-Fi on your LG TV and further steps
The second option is to connect via a router. In this case, the following procedure is assumed:
- You need to turn on the TV with a router.
- Using the remote control, you need to go to the main menu and press “Home”.
- In the settings you need to go to the “Network” section and select “Network connection”.
- Select “Configure connection” and go to the list of networks.
- Select the option “Wireless network”.
- From the list that appears, you need to choose your own Wi-Fi router.
- Next, you need to enter the password for your Wi-Fi network (as in the case of setting up a PC or other gadgets).
- Confirm Action.
- After a short wait, a message will appear in the form of a special icon about the network connection.
- Click the “Done” button to use the Internet on your own LG Smart TV.
- Better to test the network by visiting a website.
Additionally, you can watch the following video, which clearly shows how to connect your LG TV to the wireless Internet:
Connecting LG Smart TV to the Internet via WI-FI
Depending on the LG Smart TV model, the TV may have a built-in wireless LAN module. If there is none, but there is support for wireless networks, buy a separate WI-FI adapter.
In our case, LG 32 LN570V is connected, wireless network support is optional. So we need an AN-WF100 adapter compatible with our model.
To connect the AN-WF100, you need to find a free USB port and insert an adapter into it. That’s it, LG Smart TV is ready for wireless connection. No additional settings are needed, the Wi-Fi module is automatically detected.
Connecting to a wireless Internet assumes that there is already a working Wi-Fi with access to the World Wide Web. If you do not have such an access point, then buy a router and configure it according to the parameters of your provider. In one of the previous articles, it was told how to choose a router for a house and an apartment.
For the normal operation of Smart TV, an Internet speed of 4 Mbps is recommended.
So, on the remote, we press the SETTINGS button and go to the settings.
Open the “Network” tab, then “Network Connection”.
In the next window, click “Configure connection”.
If the TV is not connected via a LAN cable, wireless access points will be displayed. In the found list, select your Wi-Fi router.
The connected network will be displayed, click “Finish”.
Configuring the wireless network is complete, now let’s look at the wired connection.
Internet does not work in Smart TV: fixing network problems
Do not rush to call a specialist. You can fix many problems yourself.
When a check mark appears in front of the TV.
- Check the connections of the TV, router and ISP cable (modem).
- Turn off and on the above devices.
- If you have a static IP please enter it directly.
- In a wireless connection, check the WI-FI password.
- Update the firmware.
- Turn off the router and turn it on after 20 seconds.
- Reset the settings of the router or modem and re-configure the network in them.
- Restart the router by turning it off for 20 seconds.
- Reset your router and modem to their original settings and reconfigure your Internet connection.
- Make sure the MAC address is registered with your ISP.
- Update your router firmware.
The router software update was described in the D-link DIR 300 router firmware update.
A successful connection to the network looks like this: there are checkmarks in front of all the icons.
How to set up Smart TV on LG TV
Today’s LG Smart TVs are very popular. But many users cannot set up the network the first time. This article will discuss how to connect to the Internet via WI-FI and via a cable using the example of model 32 LN570V.
The process of connecting TVs of different brands to the Internet is very similar. You can verify this by comparing the current description of LG and Samsung Smart TV. The design and name of menu items are different, but the general principle is about the same.
Manual software update
Open www.LG.com and go to Support. Downloads: Software & Manuals.
In the search box, write your model.
Select the “Software Update” tab and download the firmware to your computer.
Follow these steps carefully:
- Unzip (unzip) the contents of the downloaded file into the LG_DTV folder
- Format the USB flash drive in the FAT32 file system
- Write the folder with the firmware to the USB drive
- Insert the USB stick into the USB port of the TV
The firmware must be written to the LG_DTV folder. After inserting the USB flash drive into the TV, the screen will display information: the old firmware will be prompted to update, for the new one. “there is no need to update”.
No need to remove the USB flash drive and turn off the TV until the firmware update is complete. It is highly desirable that there are no power outages during the update process. Therefore, it is recommended to use an uninterruptible power supply.
Updating the firmware of LG TVs
The firmware update is designed to get the latest software version. If you do not update the software, some functions may not work correctly.
We connect the TV to the Internet via a cable
We connect the TV and the router with a LAN cable.
It is not recommended to connect Smart TV directly to the provider’s cable. They use different types of connections and the Internet may not work on the TV.
Setting up a wired connection is similar to connecting via Wi-Fi, but you do not need to enter a password.
Press SETTINGS on the remote to open the LG Smart TV settings. Then go to the “Network”. “Network Connection” tab. In the window that opens, click “Configure connection” (clearly shown in the description about WI-FI).
The minus of the wired connection is the extra wires. But there will be no interruptions through the cable due to a possible unstable wireless signal.
Automatic firmware update
Open the menu “Support”. “Software update”.
In the new window, opposite the “Software update” set the value “On”. A little lower, activate the checkbox “Automatic update mode”.
When a new firmware is found, a corresponding message will appear prompting you to update.
A reboot will occur after the firmware update.
How to set up Smart TV on LG TV
If you are interested in setting up Smart TV on LG, check out the simple and straightforward instructions. Smart TV is a technology available to all Internet users that allows you to significantly increase the number of TV channels and programs. In order to connect to your LG Smart TV, you can use 2 methods:
- Using a wire to connect the Internet.
- Using Wi-Fi.
The wireless connection is not available to everyone. To use it, the TV must have a certain function.
The instructions for connecting via Wi-Fi are almost completely identical to the above.
- Open the main menu.
- Open the main panel (Home button).
- Select the “networks” tab.
- Select “network connection”.
- You will be asked to choose one of two ways to connect Smart TV to LG.
- Click on “customize”.
- Click on “list of networks”.
- Select the “wireless network” button.
- Click on the “update” button.
- Wait a few minutes. An inscription appears stating that the connection was successful.
Restart your computer and TV, this will ensure that the system works perfectly without crashing.
If the wire to connect to the Internet is already in use, you will need a special splitter. a switch. After purchasing the switch, you need to connect the main wire to it. Connect the LAN1 output to the connector in the computer or laptop, and LAN2 to the TV. Turn on the TV and set up Smart TV according to the instructions.
Setting up your TV is quite simple:
- Select main menu.
- Open the home panel (Home button).
- Click on “networks”.
- Select “network connection”.
- A menu will open showing 2 ways to connect LG Smart TV.
- Click on “customize”.
- Select “list of networks”.
- Click the “wired network” button.
- Update everything.
- Wait a few minutes. A board will appear notifying you that an Internet connection has occurred.
In the event that a password for access to the main settings is set in the TV, before updating the settings, you need to enter it.
Register LG Smart TV
We figured out how to connect LG TV to Smart TV. The fact that this is necessary to expand the list of channels has also been found out. Now let’s figure out how to register an account.
Account registration takes place in the corresponding TV application. If registration has not been completed, you cannot use the following services:
- installing widgets;
- installation of applications;
- selection of films or programs.
Setting up registration is easy. This takes no more than 5 minutes of time. So, answering the question of how to set up Smart TV on any LG TV, here’s how to register:
- Open the main menu on TV.
- Please note that there will be an entrance in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Register or enter the required data.
- Read the user agreement.
- If it suits you, then agree with it.
- Enter your email address.
- Check the authenticity of your email.
- Enter your password twice.
- Connect the service of receiving news to your E-mail.
- Register in the system.
As you can see, installing Smart TV is easy. Such television gives you almost unlimited possibilities! Finally, we will give you a couple more tips for registering:
- Please enter only your real email address. After all, a letter will come to him that will help complete the process;
- if the letter has not arrived, check your spam folder;
- in order to enter the system, use the login at the top right of the screen;
- enter your email address and password to log in;
- check the box next to “stay logged in”. Then you no longer need to enter your e-mail and password;
- if you are asked to enter more information, in addition, select “no”;
- IPTV setup completed.
The installed Smart TV is at your disposal. Use it and enjoy!
How to connect your TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi
Most TVs have built-in Wi-Fi. The process of connecting to Wi-Fi on different TVs is similar. So, what you need to connect your TV to the Internet:
- Wi-Fi enabled TV
- Wi-Fi router
- Configured Internet connection
The scheme is simple:
- Go to the TV settings, to the connections section
- Select the desired network from the list and configure the connection
- A successful connection message appears.
Configuring DLNA on TV (LG Smart Share)
On the TV, just go to Smart TV and select Smart Share (unfortunately, I don’t know how to do this on other TVs, or in models without Smart TV).
Go to the Connected device tab. We already have two DLNA servers there. The one in the form of Windows Media Player is a server created in a standard player (the first method). You can open it and view the files.
The second DLNA server is the one we created in the Smart Share program. We need it. We open it.
We see the available folders. To open our folder, to which we have opened access, then go to the folder All folders.
We open it and run the file we need. In my case, the movie.
If you have any problems with the setup, with the Smart Share program, or you, for example, have another TV, then I have prepared an article on how to set up a DLNA server using the Home Media Server (UPnP, DLNA, HTTP ) “. Which we have already talked about more than once in the comments. Here is the instruction. Set up a DLNA server using the Home Media Server (UPnP, DLNA, HTTP) program. Viewing files from a computer on a TV.
How to connect LG Smart TV to computer via WI-FI
That’s it, everything is very simple and straightforward. If you have a different model, or even a different manufacturer, then I think that problems should not arise. And if there are any difficulties, then write in the comments, we will sort it out together.
I connected the TV via TP-Link TL-WR841N (5 more devices were connected with it). My Internet speed is up to 15 Mb / s, the real speed is 2 Mb / s. I did not notice any problems with Smart TV. Videos from YouTube and other services show perfectly and without delays.
DLNA (Smart Share) setup on LG Smart TV. We watch movies and photos that are on the computer
I thought for a long time how to start this article, but then I realized that this was not an essay, but instruction Therefore, straight to the point!
In this article I will show you how to set up DLNA technology (on LG TVs it is called Smart Share) and directly from the TV to access movies, photos and music that are on your computer. This is a very useful feature. And if you have a TV that supports network connectivity and DLNA technology, then you definitely need to use this.
For example: you have a movie on your computer, or photos that you would like to view on TV. How to do it? Yes, you can, for example, connect a TV to a computer using an HDMI cable, but it will be just like a monitor, and there may be no cable.
You can also drop the movie onto a USB flash drive, connect it to the TV and start the movie. Yes, but here you need a flash drive, you need to copy the information. It is much easier to go from the TV to a folder on your computer and just start a movie from there, or watch photos.
Before proceeding with the setup, I want to tell you in a nutshell what DLNA and Smart Share are.
DLNA (in your own words) is a technology that allows devices that are connected to the same network and support DLNA technology to exchange media content (video, photo, music).
Now, almost all devices support DLNA technology: computers, TVs, smartphones, game consoles, etc.
Smart Share is a proprietary application (technology) of LG. If I can say so, then this is a kind of shell for working with DLNA. Other TV manufacturers call these programs differently. Samsung has AllShare. SONY. VAIO Media Server.
For example: you can watch photos on your TV that are on your smartphone. I will write about this in one of the following articles. This article is strictly about setting up DLNA between a computer (laptop, no difference) and a TV. Let me remind you that the TV must be able to connect to the network.
The article turned out to be large, but this business is set up much faster. You only need to configure it once. Then we just add new files to open folders.
You can run DLNA on multiple computers or other devices. The main thing is that they are connected to the same network.
We connect Smart TV to Wi-Fi
Unfortunately, I can only show you how to do this on an LG TV. The process itself, on other popular TVs such as Samsung, SONY, Philips, Toshiba, does not differ much.
Turn on your TV and open settings. There is a special button on the remote for this.
Go to the Network tab and select Network Connection.
Then we see a small instruction. Click the “Configure connection” button.
Select the desired wireless network from the list.
Note. If you need to set the parameters for connection yourself, click on the “Manual settings” button. This will be needed, for example, in order to connect to a network with a hidden SSID, specify a static IP, connect using WPS technology, etc.
Now we need to provide a password to connect to the wireless network.
If you entered the password correctly, and your network is working well, then you should see a message that the TV is connected to a wireless network. Just click the Finish button. If you have forgotten the password for your network, then read the article https://f1comp.ru/bezopasnost/kak-uznat-parol-ot-svoej-wi-fi-seti/.
If you are prompted to enter IP and DNS, then leave everything on “Automatic”. Also, it is possible that a network map will be built.
That’s it, you can use all the functions of Smart TV technology! If you turn on Smart TV mode, you will see an icon that indicates that the TV is connected to the Internet.
How to connect your TV to the Internet via cable
If your TV does not have Wi-Fi connectivity, you can connect it to the Internet using a network cable. In this case, you have 2 options, direct connection to a computer or connection via a router.
Connect one end of the cable to your Wi-Fi router and the other to your TV. Setting up the network connection on the TV.
Setting up Smart TV on LG TV
Many residents of our country are familiar with Smart TV. This innovation helps people solve the problem of leisure and fight boredom. The device allows you to both watch TV and access the Internet. But how to properly set up Smart TV and connect additional functions? It often happens that the user does not know how to do this. Do not worry, because a number of manipulations can be carried out quickly and easily, knowing a few rules.
Where to start the process
Smart TV will work fully on “LG” if the apartment has the Internet. This means the presence of a Wi-Fi router or cable Internet. A modem from any mobile operator or the Internet distributed from the phone will not work in this case. To fully enjoy all the privileges, you need to connect your Smart TV to the Internet. There are two ways to do this:
- if there is no router in the house, then you need to connect the Internet to the TV via a cable;
- use wifi.
Any of these methods will allow you to get all the functions that the LG TV brand provides. In addition, each user will be able to discover a number of additional opportunities.
Every person who wants to connect this function on their TV should follow the original instructions that the manufacturers attached to the product. However, in practice, few people do this. Basically, everyone is trying to set up Smart TV at the level of intuition. It should be understood that this way you can not only connect many unnecessary functions for which you have to pay, but also completely reset all settings. After this, you will definitely have to resort to the help of specialists. But there are step-by-step steps on how to set up “Smart TV” function on LG without much effort.
Setting up and connecting to the internet
First you need to connect to the Internet. Correct setting of Smart TV presupposes, first of all, connection to the provider. This will also open up additional options for the user.
- online media content playback;
- access to internet TV;
- watching any free movies;
- you can use different applications and video games;
- additional functions.
There are two different ways to set up your internet connection. Which one is better to choose depends on the user himself. The Smart TV setup guide is not always clear to the average person, so he has to resort to other methods of solving the problem.
An additional wire is required, with the help of which it will be possible to constantly connect to the Internet. A special splitter is purchased if the provider has only one cable. A new wire is needed in order to connect it to the TV.
- Need to connect the socket of the splitter together with the LAN, it is located on the back of the Smart TV.
- Using the remote control, go to the main menu. Then press the “Home” button.
- There we click on the item “Settings”, then “Network”, where we select the option “Network Connection”.
- Click “Configure connection”, and then “List of networks”.
- We select the “Wired network” option.
- Click “Update”.
- After that, you will need to wait a little until the inscription “Ready” appears.
Now the TV is ready to surf the Internet!
This option can only be used if the house has a router. Consider the following points:
This is how easy it is to set up the Internet on your LG TV. You don’t need to have any special skills or be a professional here. The proposed options will suit absolutely any person, even a beginner. Enjoy all the possibilities of Smart TV and do not limit yourself in anything.
Internet connection via cable or Wi-Fi
The main condition for Smart TV to work is the presence of Internet access in the house. It is advisable to use a full-fledged high-speed line. this will make it possible to view programs in excellent quality, and will expand the possibilities of using Smart technology, for example:
- get access to Internet TV;
- play media content;
- run selected applications and video games.
There are two ways to connect: via cable or wireless Wi-Fi.
1 \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ msohtmlclip1 \ 01 \ clip_image001.jpg “/ If there is only one cable in the house, you should install a special splitter, then connect the new cable directly to the LAN connector on the back of the TV.
- Turn on the TV, use the remote to enter the main menu and press the Home button.
- Then select the path “Settings → Network → Network connection → Settings → List of networks”.
- Here, select the “Wired network” item and click the “Refresh” button.
- The appearance of the inscription “Done” will mean that the TV is connected to the Internet.
- Using the remote control, go to the main menu and press the “Home” button.
- Select the path “Settings → Network → Network connection → Settings → List of networks”.
- Stop at the item “Wireless network”, and in the list that appears, find your router.
- Enter the password for the Wi-Fi network and click “OK”.
When the connection icon appears, click on “Finish” and test LG Smart TV by going to any site.
What to do if Smart TV does not work?
Many users of the Korean manufacturer’s TVs are faced with the “reluctance” of Smart TVs to function normally. There may be several reasons, and the most common are the following.
Check the network for electricity, and the power source for operability. To do this, connect the device to a different outlet.
Wrong source selection during installation
In the “Settings” switch the mode. For example, instead of “HDMI” select “Terrestrial TV”.
Choose a more recent version of the operating system and correctly update the firmware
Lack of access to some functions of the Smart platform
Check the availability of the Internet and the correctness of the connection.
Hardware malfunctions (matrix or backlight burnout, technical malfunctions)
Configuring Channels and Image Parameters: Step by Step Guide
One of the key steps in setting up Smart TV LG and other models is finding and installing TV channels. If you follow the instructions carefully, you can set up digital TV within 10 minutes. The algorithm is quite simple and consists of several stages.
- Using the remote control, call the “Menu” and select the “Options” item.
- In the country selection list, it is best to specify “Finland”.
- In the “Settings” section, find the line “Autosearch”.
- After specifying the type of connection (for example, “Cable”), set the main parameters in the window that appears:
- Search type. Fast;
- Frequency. 98000;
- Modulation. 56 Qam;
- Symbol rate. 6952;
- Network ID. Auto.
Then activate the search for all available channels. Almost all LG TVs that support the Smart feature have an automatic update feature. By default it is always on, so you need to deactivate it. Otherwise, the system will periodically return the parameters to the standard range. This in turn will cause the settings to fail and the channels to disappear. You can disable this option in the “Configuring digital cable” section.
After the end of the search, you can sort the channels in any order using the program editor. To do this, in the “Automatic search” section, select the “Cable” tab, and uncheck the box next to the “Auto numbering” option.
Step-by-step guide on how to set up Smart TV on LG TV
Modern TVs are not limited to showing channels of terrestrial, cable or satellite broadcasting. Today, manufacturers equip equipment with wider functionality, so that users can not only watch their favorite TV shows, but also use the capabilities of the Internet and digital TV. Today we are going to talk about how to set up Smart TV on your LG TV to take full advantage of this technology.
To fully use the Smart function, install applications and widgets, you must register and create an account on the LG website. This can be done quickly in several stages.
1 \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ msohtmlclip1 \ 01 \ clip_image004.jpg “/ Open the Central Menu by clicking on the” Home “button.
Click on the “Login” button located in the upper right corner of the screen.
1 \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ msohtmlclip1 \ 01 \ clip_image005.jpg “/
1 \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ msohtmlclip1 \ 01 \ clip_image006.jpg “/ In the” Email “field write your e-mail address, enter your current password twice.
Then, using any device, enter the mailbox and open an email with a link to activate your account. If you immediately refuse to register through TV, you need to complete the procedure by following the instructions.
Return to Smart TV, press the Exit key, then reopen the menu and enter the system by entering the new data. Check the box next to “Stay logged in”, but answer “No” to the question about entering additional data.
At this stage, the registration process is considered successfully completed, and the user can enjoy watching movies and broadcasts online, listening to music, visiting information and entertainment portals.
How to connect your phone to your LG TV
Some users strive to fully use the capabilities of the Smart function, so they synchronize mobile and television equipment, turning the gadget into a real set-top box, or wanting to play media content on a wide screen. You can connect your phone to LG Smart TV in one of three available ways.
- Connect both devices with a cable by inserting the connector into a special socket on the TV case.
- On the screen, select the option “Connect as USB storage”.
- Select the connected model from the list of available devices in the menu.
- On a mobile device, in the “Wireless connections” tab and in the TV settings in the “Network” section, activate the “Wi-F-Direct” option.
- In the list of devices that appears, select your model and connect to it.
It is convenient to synchronize your smartphone and LG TV using “Smart Share”. To do this, you just need to connect both devices to your home Wi-Fi network, and then activate this function on them.
How to connect smartphones on iOS
There are also different ways to connect your iPhone to your LG TV. The choice depends on the model, the purpose of the connection and the use of the smartphone.
To do this, you need a cable from the iPhone, however, you can use the gadget only to view media files (photos, videos) stored in its memory. The advantage is the ability to charge the smartphone battery from the TV.
This option is suitable if you have a special smartphone adapter. The adapter for older connectors is called the Digital AV Adapter, for newer versions. AV Adapter Lightnig. After connection, the connection is made automatically, if no action followed, you should activate the function as a signal source.
This option is considered the simplest and most affordable.
- Install the LG Smart Share app on the TV and Twonky Beam on the phone.
- In the latter, highlight the item “show or hide the visual indicators at the edge of the screen”.
- After that, select the media file intended for viewing and wait for the appearance of the inscription “beaming”.
Which TV models support the Tricolor application
Unfortunately, not all smart devices support the Tricolor installation. There may be several reasons for this. One of which is that for some models it is simply not yet developed.
To evaluate Tricolor TV, Smart TV must meet one of the specific requirements:
- the Tizen operating system, which all Samsung TVs are equipped with (at least 2.3);
- Android OS (firmware above version 5).
In addition, a consistently high speed of the Internet connection is required (at least 12 Mbps). Since all work is provided only via the Internet.
Tricolor TV application for Smart TV: installation methods on Samsung and LG TVs
Not sure how to properly set up the Tricolor TV application on your device or just can’t do it? In this article you will find answers to any problems you may have related to the program.
How to install the widget and customize the view
The installation algorithm will not differ from other widgets, because Tricolor is an official product, the correct operation of which is constantly supported by a large number of company employees. Therefore, if difficulties arose in the process, the support service will always provide assistance to its client.
Now, as mentioned earlier, the widget can only be supported by two operating systems. Android and Tizen. That is why the Tricolor application for LG Smart TVs, which are equipped at the factory with their own firmware called WebOS, is currently impossible to install at all. The only exception can be the additional purchase of an Android set-top box.
For installation, only certain requirements should be met:
When the download process is complete, the new application will appear in the general list. But to start watching, you need to pay for the package you like, which opens access to a certain number of TV channels. There is a special section on the Tricolor website called “Packages and Services”.
Features of the Tricolor application on Smart TV
Absolutely all TVs with Smart function are significantly different from their predecessors, broadcasting only conventional television broadcasting. You no longer need to worry about receivers, set-top boxes, smart card replacement and other difficulties. Many Smart TVs are capable of options like a PC or a smartphone.
The installed programs help to expand the scope of possibilities:
- video communication;
- games, etc.
One of the favorite widgets of experienced Smart TV owners is the same Tricolor. Its main task is to provide the user with high quality digital television, but it competes with similar analogs (of which there are also quite a few) for the following additional abilities:
- no need to rush to be in time for the broadcast of your favorite show or movie. the server stores the history of all content that was broadcast during the week. There is easy access to it and you can simply open the desired file for online viewing on your TV screen;
- convenient player with rewind, pause options;
- easy search for the desired channel. This is achieved, among other things, by sorting them by genre;
- nice, modern interface;
- under the running program you can always find a description of what is currently on TV.
It is for all the listed options that the widget has gained a lot of fans, the number of which is growing every day.
In the widget installed on the Smart TV, you should correctly configure your personal data. It consists of the following sequence:
- first of all, you need to create your own page to enter your personal account. It is more convenient to do this on the official Tricolor website. You should record your data (login, password) specified during registration;
- open the widget on TV, the program will require data entry. This is where you need to specify the recorded name and code;
- you will be logged into your own account, where you can, by prompts, pay for the desired package from the list provided.
How to use the app
The operation of the Tricolor widget usually does not cause difficulties even for inexperienced users. Conventionally, the TV screen can be divided into several parts:
- Left. icons that have a corresponding theme of the channels in the list (music, educational, news, etc.).
- Center. a list of possible broadcasts at the moment. By operating the arrows on the control panel, you can revise this list.
- Top bar: search, list of recommendations, and TV channels.
- On the right side, you can start a TV program, get acquainted with it, decide what you can watch the next day.
To select a TV channel you like, just select it with arrows and press “OK” on the remote control. The broadcast will load very quickly. To call the control menu in this mode, just touch the “OK” button again and you can control the player or other interesting program functions.
To exit the running broadcast mode, you need to find one of the possible buttons on the remote control (depending on the device model):
- “Back” or something similar.
Quite a little time is enough to get used to, understand the basic principles and use of the specially installed Tricolor Online TV program for Smart TV will only bring pleasure.
Tricolor is a popular platform in Russia that provides a huge number of analog TV subscribers. And a specially developed application for Smart TVs allows you to significantly expand their capabilities. By installing it on TV, you can appreciate the following benefits:
- online viewing of a large number of TV channels of any genre and for different tastes;
- affordable packages for payment, where you can choose specifically for your preferences and financial capabilities;
- thorough interface;
- modern player and other options listed earlier.
At the moment, not all Smart TV owners have access to Tricolor, since an application has not yet been written for their devices (for example, for LG). However, owners of Samsung or other manufacturers (running Android) can start installing the widget and rate it now.