Connecting with a Chromecast
Any TV is suitable for this synchronization option, however, in order to succeed, you will need to purchase a special set-top box offered by Google. Chromecast. You can connect it to the same HDMI connectors that were mentioned at the beginning of the article.
Let’s briefly tell you how to sync your phone with a Samsung TV using this technology:
- Connect the set-top box to your TV.
- Using the original Google Home app, launch the connection guide. Follow it until smartphone screen mirroring starts.
Using the offered sync technology, you will be able to broadcast the stream in any quality, including 4K, “live” and without any wires. In addition, you will be able to play games on a wide TV monitor and work in specific applications.
Connecting via Miracast adapter
The connection option described in this section requires a module of the same name in your Samsung TV. In some cases, an adapter is required to establish communication. To make sure the technology is available on your TV, check if SmartTV support is built into the options list. If not, purchase a pluggable external HDMI adapter. The latter may be called MiraScreen, AnyCast or SIMilar. It is noteworthy that this connection method is also supported by TVs from other manufacturers.
Immediately after the set-top box is connected, you will see on the phone that a new access point has appeared in the list of available ones. To continue syncing, you need to connect to it.
Next, you need to activate the “Wireless Display” function. It is present on almost all modern smartphones, in particular, in the case of XiaoMi, in the “Advanced Settings”.
Now, to start synchronization, you need to select the receiving device. in our case, this is a set-top box connected to the TV. In a few moments, a duplicate phone picture will appear on the TV screen.
Here’s a little bit about how to connect your phone to your Samsung Smart TV:
- Activate the purchased and connected set-top box on TV as a signal source.
- Find in the “Settings” of the smartphone the sub-item “Wireless Monitor”. Most likely it will be located in the “Screen” section.
- Select your TV from the list of devices to which the broadcast can be conducted, and start watching.
If this option is not supported by Samsung TV:
- Purchase and connect an adapter module that supports the Miracast specification. Connection can be made via HDMI or USB cable.
- Check the connected medisource in the TV settings.
- Download the broadcast application to your smartphone using the code displayed on the monitor.
- Instead of the last step, you can activate the “Wireless Monitor” option on your smartphone, which can be accessed in the “Screen” section.
How to connect your phone to a Samsung TV: 9 ways to connect your smartphone to a TV
Using an Android smartphone allows you to perform many tasks that previously seemed unattainable. in particular, by reading the following instructions, you will learn how to connect from your phone to a Samsung TV.
This connection option allows, on the one hand, to continue to fully use the gadget, and on the other, with a significantly higher level of comfort:
- Search the Internet for the information you are interested in.
- Show presentations on a wide screen directly from your smartphone.
- Watch movies, photos, play any mobile games, and listen to music on your Samsung TV. Including, having the necessary equipment, you can connect a keyboard and mouse to the TV for more convenience, and not use one phone.
- Use the smartphone as an independent remote control supplied by the manufacturer. Thus, you get the opportunity to fully control the playback process on your Samsung TV of any content.
How to set up Screen Mirroring connection on Android 9 phone
For owners of smartphones with this release of the operating system, we will tell you how to connect to a TV via a Samsung phone:
- Use the Source key. It is she who will allow you to access the Screen Mirroring option. and activate it. This step is only required if you own an F or J series TV.
- Using a finger gesture from the top of the screen to the bottom, open the quick settings list.
- Repeat the gesture to access all the options you have control over.
- Now swipe to the right. this section contains the phone options you need.
- By tapping on the icon, enable the function called Smart View.
- It will take a few seconds, sometimes minutes, for the phone to search for Samsung TVs available for broadcast.
- Start connecting to the target TV, granting devices the appropriate permissions if necessary. The success of the operation will be indicated by the screen image that appears on the TV monitor.
You may also be interested in:
- How to connect a phone to a Dexp TV: 8 ways to connect a smartphone to a Dexp TV
- How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV: 6 Ways to Connect
- How to connect your phone to a Philips TV: 8 ways to connect
- How to connect your phone to your LG TV: 6 ways to connect
In order to broadcast from your phone to Samsung TV in this way, you need to connect the devices to each other using a special cable with HDMI / USB-C contacts. Of course, both the gadget and the TV must support the technology used. Otherwise, you will need to purchase an additional adapter.
Here’s what you need:
- MHL compatible phone.
- HDMI cable.
- USB to HDMI MHL adapter or cable.
- DisPlay with HDMI input.
Connection is made in the following sequence:
- You connect the cord, directly or using an MHL / HDMI adapter, to the phone jack.
- Connect the cable leading to the Samsung TV to the second free socket of the adapter.
- Power the adapter from the mains or any other source such as a portable adapter. A separate wire is used for this.
- To start syncing, select the appropriate medisource in the Samsung TV menu.
How to connect phone to Samsung TV via USB
- Any TV from the manufacturer Samsung that has a USB input on one of the panels.
- USB cable suitable for connecting to both a gadget and a TV.
Instead of a special wire, you can use the usual one used to recharge the phone. The applied technology does not allow duplicating the image in the full sense, as well as playing games or using Android applications. All you can do on your Samsung TV is to access the file system of your phone.
To be able to play media files on a wide screen, use the aLGorithm:
- Connect the cable to the phone in sequence and then to the Samsung TV.
- Select USB as the source of media transmitted from one device to another.
- Confirm your choice. Now you know how to watch from your phone on a Samsung TV. and you can start playing any supported format.
Please note that some files that you find in the list will not be playable. These include applications, games, archived data stored on the phone, as well as scripts and part of text documents.
How to connect your phone to a Samsung TV over Wi-Fi
To connect to a Samsung TV, you need any model that supports Wi-Fi Direct technology. For older products, including the series ES5557, ES5550, ES5507, ES5537, ES5530, ES5500, EH5307, EH5300, E557, E550, F5300, H5203, H4203В, UE58J5200, you will have to purchase a special adapter module that can be connected to any available USB port. Recommended adapter model. WIS12.
To verify that your Samsung TV supports this connection technology, SIMply look at the front panel stickers or open the instructions. If the description mentions SmartTV, you can fully use the instructions below. In particular, it applies to Samsung TVs R, N, M, Q or LS series:
- The first step you need to take to connect your phone to your Samsung TV over Wi-Fi is to navigate to the general menu called Settings. This can be done, for example, by pressing the Home button on the remote.
- Now open on your Samsung TV a tab called “General”.
- To continue connecting your phone to Samsung, find the “Network” sub-item and activate it by pressing.
- Open the network settings using the button of the same name in the list of available options on the screen.
- You will be offered several options for the next steps with the Samsung TV. You will need the first one, “Wireless”.
- If your Samsung previously worked in a different mode or was not connected to the network at all, wait while it finds available connections. After that, select home Wi-Fi from the list.
- Using the built-in virtual keyboard, enter the network password. When finished, click the Done / OK button. If necessary, you can view the entered password by checking the checkbox next to the dialing field.
- Within a few seconds, the Samsung TV will check if the entered code is correct. When you see a notification on the successful connection on the screen, use the “OK” button again.
Now we will tell you how to connect a smartphone to a Samsung TV if the receiving device belongs to the K series:
- Using the Menu button, depending on the interface, go to the menu of your TV.
- Instead of the specified button, you may need to press another, Home.
- In both cases, “Network” should be present in the list of available tabs. Navigate to this item using the Samsung TV remote keys.
- Open the network settings by selecting the sub-item of the same name in the list of available ones.
- To proceed with the further synchronization of your Android phone and Samsung TV, you will need to define the “Wireless” network as used.
- Over the next few seconds, the TV will search for connection sources. Select the one you have access to from the list.
- Pressing the buttons of the virtual keyboard, enter the code from the wireless network in the new text field, and then click “Finish”. To be able to view the entered characters, check the box “Show password”.
- Soon, Samsung TV will notify you of successful connection. Now it remains to use the “OK” button.
As a result of the manipulations described above, you will see that a picture from your smartphone appears on the TV screen. Now you know how to mirror your phone screen to your Samsung TV, and you can freely play games or watch media on a wide monitor. As the disadvantages of the above technology, it is necessary to note the significantly higher battery consumption of the gadget, as well as possible micro-delays in displaying the image. A key plus of the technique is the complete absence of wires that interfere with free movement around the room.
Smart View App
The method of connection via the Smart View application is suitable for owners of smartphones of any brand running both Android OS (version 4.1 and higher) and iOS (starting from version 7.0). To complete the task, you must:
The presented instructions will help you understand how to connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV. Among the main functions of the application are the following:
- remote control;
- “Dual View” mode, which provides display of the phone display on the TV and vice versa;
- using Smart Hub widgets;
- turn off the TV power via Bluetooth (not supported on all models);
- game mode that turns your smartphone into a joystick;
- activating TV sleep mode.
Considering the ease of installation and the number of useful functions, we can say that this is one of the most optimal connection methods. However, there are others with their own advantages.
Ways to Connect to Samsung Smart TV
Android or iOS smartphones can be connected to Samsung TVs. To do this, the latter must have their own operating system and access to the Internet. Pairing of devices is performed to display images and. TV control, file transfer. The article will take a closer look at how to connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV.
There are four ways to connect a mobile device to a Samsung TV: through the app, built-in Samsung smartphone function, Miracast and HDMI cable. The choice of method depends on the goals of the user, the phone OS and the TV model. So, for games it is better to use a wired connection, as this will avoid delays in image transmission.
Before proceeding with the description of the step-by-step guide, it should be noted that the TV must be connected to the Internet. This is done over a wired channel or using Wi-Fi. The smartphone must also be connected to the Internet and be on the same home network with the TV.
M, Q, K series TVs already have a built-in Wi-Fi module. If you want to make a wireless connection in other models, you will have to purchase a special adapter that connects to the USB port.
Owners of Samsung smartphones can connect without installing additional software. The proprietary Screen Mirroring function connects two devices from the same manufacturer. It is supported by TVs of the F, J, K, M series, regarding the rest. you should clarify the information using one of the following sources:
- Instruction. The Mobile Device Connection section should mention Screen Mirroring. If there is no such information, there is no support.
- Company customer support chat. Follow the link http://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/RU and ask the consultant a question.
The following will describe how to connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV, depending on the OS version of your smartphone.
For Android 4.x and 5.x, the steps are as follows:
- Turn on the TV and call the “Source” menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control.
- Select “Screen Mirroring”.
Open mobile phone settings. Go to the “Connect and Send” section, then. “Screen Mirroring”.
Wait until the end of the search for available devices, select the required TV.
The connection process will begin, as a result of which the image from the smartphone display will be displayed on the large screen.
For Android 6.x, the instructions are a little SIMpler:
- Lower the quick settings shade on your phone.
Select the “Quick connection” item, then. the found TV from the list.
A list of available actions will open, where you should click on the line “Device screen. on TV “.
The pairing process starts. As a result, the picture will begin to duplicate.
Owners of smartphones running Android 7.x should do the following:
Pull down the quick access bar by swiping from the top of the phone screen. Then repeat the action to fully expand the list of available actions.
Swipe from left to right to open additional settings. There you should select the item “Smart View”.
Connecting your smartphone to Samsung Smart TV. 4 best ways. Miracast
Displaying the smartphone screen via Miracast is in a sense repeating the process of using Bluetooth. To connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV using this method, you should:
- Activate device search on TV and mobile device.
- Allow data exchange.
- Connection will occur automatically if the corresponding option is selected in the smartphone.
This is a general pairing scheme, but a detailed example is the connection on a Sony Xperia M4 phone:
- Open smartphone options.
- Go to “Xperia Connections”, then. “Screen mirroring Miracast”.
- Press the orange Start button. Search for TV.
- Next, you should select its name. After connecting, the picture from the phone will be displayed on the TV screen.
Miracast provides enough data transfer rate for 4K display. With regard to games, the situation is worse. there is a 0.5-1 second delay, which is very noticeable in dynamic scenes.
This type of connection is carried out by cable or a special adapter. Before purchasing peripherals, you should study the technical characteristics of both devices and make sure that they support MHL technology. If there is one, a cable will be enough, at one end of which there is an HDMI output, and at the other. Micro-USB.
Otherwise, you will have to use an MHL-HDMI adapter. There are both branded adapters from Samsung and cheaper analogs from other manufacturers on the market. A diagram of how to connect a phone to a Samsung Smart TV using an adapter will look like this:
- The smartphone is connected to the adapter via the Micro-USB input.
- The adapter is connected to a power cable that goes to an outlet or to the Power Bank, as well as an HDMI cable, the other end of which is inserted into the corresponding connector on the TV.
- When all connectors are connected, it remains to select the signal source on the TV. After that, the picture will start to be displayed on the big screen.
Although a wired connection requires additional equipment, it is the most optimal in terms of image quality and signal transmission speed.
Via Wi-Fi using Miracast
This is a modern data transmission standard, the essence is the use of wireless channels. If the TV supports this interface, then you can broadcast various content to the big screen. You can also play games, run applications.
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu.
- Open the settings.
- Go to the subsection “Network”.
- Activate Miracast option.
- Take your smartphone and lower the curtain to start the broadcast.
Not all versions of the Android operating system support this functionality. The name of the function in question may vary depending on the device model, but the essence is always the same. If you cannot find this command, install an application from Google Play, for example, Miracast. Wi-Fi Display. Launch it and activate the image transfer function.
Immediately after starting the Miracast function, it will automatically search for devices available for connection, select your TV. Then you need to confirm the synchronization using the remote control. This will start image transfer. If the picture is not displayed in full screen, then SIMply turn the mobile phone over, i.e. it should be in a horizontal position.
Wi-Fi Direct Connection
This type of connection is suitable for owners of modern TV models that are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter and Wi-Fi Direct function. This type of connection does not need to be connected to a router. As a rule, via Wi-Fi you can connect exclusively to a “smart” Smart TV. You also need to have Android 4.0 or higher installed on your mobile phone.
To connect your smartphone to your LG TV, follow this SIMple step-by-step guide:
- Take your smartphone, open the main menu, and then go to the “Settings” section. Go to the subsection “Wireless networks”, and then select “Wi-Fi”. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right and select “Wi-Fi Direct”. If there is no such command, then select “Advanced settings”.
- As a result, an automatic search for networks will be launched for subsequent connection using Wi-Fi Direct technology.
- Take the remote control and open the main menu. Go to the “Network” section. As in the previous case, you need to click on the “Wi-Fi Direct” command.
- This starts a search for available devices to sync. To connect a TV and a smartphone, you just need to select a mobile phone model from the list. A connection confirmation request will be sent to the device, it must be approved.
- After a few seconds, the smartphone and TV are synchronized. The signal from the mobile will be broadcast to the big screen, the sound will also be transmitted.
- there is no need to pull a wire across the room;
- does not require a Wi-Fi router;
- you can reproduce medical content in various formats;
- all connectors and inputs are free, so the phone can be charged;
- implemented the possibility of Internet surfing.
- “Wi-Fi Direct” technology is not implemented on old smartphones and TVs;
- mobile phone battery runs out quickly.
If the cellular is configured to the TV via Wi-Fi, then the user can not only play content, but also open applications. this is a big plus.
We connect the smartphone to the LG TV via Wi-Fi and not only
There are several ways to connect your mobile phone and TV. Some options transform a smartphone into a real smart set-top box, while others, on the contrary, only allow you to play media content stored on a cellular device.
If you don’t know how to connect mobile phone to LG TV, then this article will be helpful for you. Now let’s look at the instructions for synchronizing mobile and television equipment. As a result, each user will be able to choose the option that suits him.
This method is considered to be the SIMplest. It is desirable that the mobile phone or tablet be equipped with a mini HDMI interface, which will provide a direct connection to a TV. However, this is very rare, so most likely the user will have to buy a special adapter.
How to connect a smartphone to LV TV? Follow the step-by-step aLGorithm:
- One end of the cable must be inserted into the socket located on the back of the TV, and the other into the port on the smartphone. Insert the adapter into the micro USB interface. Remember the HDMI port number where the cable was inserted.
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu, and then open the tab to select the signal source (or press the Input button on the remote control). You must select the HDMI input with the number into which the cable was inserted in the previous step. Usually he is the only one active and available for selection.
- This will automatically adjust the picture to the screen resolution. That is, this is done so that the image is displayed in full screen.
When the devices are connected by cable, the cellular desktop appears on the TV screen. Samsung, Huawei, Lenovo smartphones are connected to the TV using the same aLGorithm, there are certain differences in the process of setting up the iPhone (requires a Lightning to HDMI adapter).
- you can ensure uninterrupted operation of the cellular by connecting a charger via USB (if there is a direct mini HDMI output);
- the TV will work as a monitor, that is, the image is duplicated.
- not all smartphones support HDMI connection;
- often have to buy an adapter.
Convenient and SIMplest way to synchronize your mobile device and TV.
What will connect the phone to the TV
First of all, connecting the phone to the TV will significantly expand the functionality of the equipment. The smartphone transforms into a kind of projector, since a signal is transmitted from it, and the image is broadcast on a large screen. Thus, each user will be able to:
- play recordings, view photos and open other media content from your phone, and then project it onto a large screen;
- run games, instant messengers and all kinds of other applications downloaded from the market;
- surf the Internet, that is, open various websites;
- conduct all kinds of presentations, demonstrations, read literature in electronic format.
Controlling your TV from your phone is a convenient and practical solution. However, if you plan to play games, then it is better to connect a joystick.
If the user connects via Wi-Fi, the image from the phone is transmitted over the air. In all other cases, it is necessary to use special cables, interfaces, which, in fact, will be discussed below.
You can also download an app that turns your smartphone into a remote control. This is very convenient, especially in cases where the old remote control is lost or broken. For LG TVs, it is called LG TV Remote (link in Android Google Play, Apple AppStore).
If you plan to connect a smartphone to the TV via USB, then remember that the mobile device will be used as a flash drive. This means that the screen will not be duplicated. You cannot play games or run applications. Individual files can be played.
Lenovo, Huawei, LG, Samsung smartphones are connected according to a SIMilar aLGorithm:
- Take the USB cable, which is included in the basic package of absolutely all mobile devices. Plug one end into the phone jack and plug the other into the port on the back of the TV.
- Open the main menu on the TV and select the signal source. USB input. Sometimes you need to select the input with the same number into which the cable was inserted.
When the devices are bound, an interface opens within which you can move and launch files. In general, the interface is very SIMilar to the Windows Explorer. Controlled by a remote control.
Some TV models automatically scan connected devices for media files, and also prompt the user to play them.
- universality. absolutely all modern devices are equipped with a USB interface;
- there is no need to purchase additional cables, since the cord is included in the basic package of the mobile;
- during the operation of the device, it will be automatically charged, extending the battery life of the device.
- there is no ability to play content online;
- you cannot play games, use instant messengers and applications;
- Internet surfing is not possible.
As you can see, connecting a mobile phone to a TV device is much easier than it might seem at first. The most affordable options have been considered above. Which to choose? It’s up to you to decide.