How to connect headphones and other devices to your Honor phone
Honor smartphone connects to Bluetooth devices: headsets, headphones, car multimedia system to use navigation services or listen to music while driving.
You can also connect a Bluetooth-enabled fitness bracelet or Smartwatch to your device to record and manage exercise data.
What Bluetooth protocols are supported by the communication module of the Huawei Honor smartphone:
|HFP, HSP||Making calls|
|AVRCP||Music playback control|
|MAP||Synchronization of SMS messages|
|HID||Bluetooth keyboard and mouse control|
|BLE||Connecting Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Devices|
How to activate Bluetooth on Honor phone
- On the working screen, you need to swipe down on the status bar;
- Open the notification panel;
- Turn Bluetooth on or off.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth icon to go to the Bluetooth settings screen.
How to pair with a headset, headphones, or other Bluetooth device
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone;
- enable Buetooth on a headset, headphones or other device.
- In the list of available devices, click on the desired one;
- pair it according to the instructions on the screen.
- Go to the Settings menu;
- select Bluetooth settings;
- click on the name of the paired device;
- click on the Unpair button.
Connecting your Honor phone to the Internet
Connecting your device to a Wi-Fi network reduces your mobile data costs. Working on unsecured public Wi-Fi networks can compromise the security of personal data and financial information. be careful.
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network via the status bar (top of the screen):
– Swipe down on the status bar at the top of the screen to open the notification panel.
– Hold the Wi-Fi icon to open the settings screen.
– Activate Wi-Fi.
– A list of available Wi-Fi networks will appear.
– Select the desired Wi-Fi network.
– If necessary, enter the Wi-Fi password.
Connecting to Wi-Fi networks via “Settings”:
– Enter Settings.
– Select Wireless Wi-Fi.
– Turn on Wi-Fi.
– Select the network you want to connect to.
– Depending on the network settings, you may need to enter a password or perform other actions to complete the authentication. Follow the instructions on the screen.
You can add Wi-Fi hotspots automatically by clicking “Search”, or manually through the “Add network” menu.
Import and export contacts
When you buy a new device, you usually need to transfer information and contacts from your old device. To do this, you need to perform the following actions:
- Open the Contacts application;
- Select Import / Export;
- Choose one of the options offered.
- Import contacts: select Import from storage, Import from another device or Import from storage: SIM and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Export contacts: Select Export to storage, Export to storage: SIM or Send contacts and follow the on-screen prompts.
By default, the.vcf export file on the drive is saved in the root directory of the device’s internal memory. To find the exported file, you need to open the Files app.
Fingerprint registration on Honor
Registering your fingerprint will help you unlock the screen, as well as open the Private or Locked Apps section without entering a password. How to set up an Honor phone using a fingerprint, the Security & Privacy section of the settings will help.
Fingerprint unlock is available when Pattern, PIN, or Password is selected to unlock. After restarting your device or when fingerprint recognition fails, you will need to enter your password. To enroll a fingerprint, the finger must be dry and clean.
- Enter the Settings app.
- Select Security & Privacy;
- Fingerprint management;
- Changing the unlocking method.
- Select Pattern, 4-digit PIN, Personal code or Password.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to set up an unlock password.
- Click on the “New fingerprint” menu to register it.
- Place your finger on the fingerprint sensor.
- Press the sensor until the device vibrates.
- Repeat the action by scanning different parts of the fingertip.
- Click OK.
To unlock the screen, a finger is placed on the fingerprint sensor.
Adjusting the volume, signals
The following functions can be selected in the phone settings:
- How to enable Do Not Disturb mode: in the Settings application, select the Sound Do Not Disturb menu.
- Allow calls and messages from important contacts by priority: select “By priority”, click on “Priority events”, configure contacts from which to receive calls and messages during the “Do not disturb” mode.
- Allow alarms: menu “Alarms only” to allow only alarms.
- Turn off all alarms: Select the Never menu to turn off alarms, vibration and screen wake up for incoming calls, messages and alarms.
- Turn on Silent mode: in the Sound menu, turn on “Silent mode”, then activate “Vibration”. When there is an incoming call, the screen will light up, the device will vibrate.
- Setting the ringtone and notification tones: in the Sound menu select “Ringtone” or “Notification”.
You can add, move or delete widgets on the home screen:
- Add widgets: Press and hold an empty area to enter edit mode.
- press and hold on a widget, then drag it to an empty area.
- if there is not enough space, you need to add another window or free up space.
Setting up notifications on Honor
The icons in the status bar display information about the status of the phone, as follows:
- network connection;
- battery charge level;
- new messages;
- Silent mode.
When checking the icons, you can quickly find out the status of the device: time, Internet connection, mode, and more. Network connection icons vary by region and service provider.
Not all Honor models support NFC. You can find out about the presence or absence of the function in the description for the phone of the desired model. To activate and use the NFC function, you need to bring the phone with the area of the NFC sensor to another device or object.
Connecting to a mobile data network
Before using mobile data, purchase a tariff plan with an Internet package. The following guide will help you set up your Honor phone with a correct internet connection:
– Tap down on the status bar to open the notification panel.
– Tap on the mobile data icon to turn it on.
The option is energy-intensive and actively consumes traffic and battery power. If it is possible to connect via Wi-Fi, then it is better to use it.
Honor Screen Mirroring Setting
How to connect an Honor smartphone to a TV?
Connecting your smartphone to TV will allow you to watch a photo or video on a large screen, broadcast your favorite game, stream or video from YouTube. In this article, we will show you how to connect your Honor phone to your TV.
The manual is suitable for most Honor models, including 7a, 9x, 10, 20, 30 and 40, as well as for all modern TVs. LG, Samsung, Sony and others.
There are several ways to sync your smartphone with your TV. Depending on the means used to connect, they can be divided into 2 groups:
In the content at the beginning of the article, you can go directly to the connection method you are interested in.
Like the connection method that you like the most (you can do this right after its description). At the bottom of the article there will be a final rating of the methods that our visitors like the most.
Honor USB connection
To make such a connection, you can use the charging cable. The connection is very simple. Insert the end of the micro USB cable (for example, if you have an Honor 7a) or USB Type-C (in the case of Honor 10, 20, 30 or 40) into the connector of your smartphone, and the other end of the cable into the USB connector of the TV.
In this case, the following window should appear on the smartphone:
You must select the item “File Transfer”.
After that, you need to go to the TV menu and open the device connected via USB. Your Honor smartphone will appear as a regular flash drive or external hard drive.
Some TVs may automatically open the contents of the smartphone after connecting it. For example, if you connect Honor to an LG TV, you can immediately watch a video or photo without going into additional menu items.
To reuse an already connected phone, press the “Input” button on the remote control (for LG). Samsung and Sony TV remotes have a similar button called “Source”.
Honor HDMI connection
You can pair your Honor phone and TV via HDMI if you have a special adapter (in this case, you will also need a separate HDMI cable) or an HDMI / microUSB or HDMI / USB Type-C cable.
Connection is reduced to connecting devices via a cable and / or adapter and selecting the appropriate signal source on the TV.
Some budget smartphones, such as the Honor 7A, may not support MHL technology. In this case, it will not be possible to establish such a connection.
Honor wired TV connection
The main condition for making the connection is the presence of a cable (adapter) and a corresponding output from the TV. Honor smartphone can be connected to TV via:
Honor’s WI-FI Direct connection
If the TV belongs to the Smart TV category, it can be synchronized with the phone via WI-FI. To do this, do the following in the phone menu:
- Go to settings
- Select “Wireless networks”.
- Then the item “WI-FI”.
- In the window that opens, click the three dots located in the upper right corner.
- In the drop-down list, select “WI-FI Direct”.
- In the list that appears, select the TV to which you want to connect and establish a connection with it.
For example, this is how the Honor 20 Pro connects to a Sony Bravia Smart TV
This view is mainly used when you need to broadcast the image from Honor to your TV. Connection possible with WI-FI Direct or Mirror Share (wireless projection).
Mirror Share (wireless projection)
Wireless projection is available on almost all smartphones with Android version above 4.4.2. Therefore, even the budget models Honor 7a, 8 and 9x have such an opportunity.
Important! To connect Honor phone and TV using wireless projection, they must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
The connection is configured as follows:
- Go to the settings and find the screen mirroring item (on different TV models it can be called differently. “Broadcast”, “Wireless connection”, “Image connection” or something similar)
- Activate broadcast by moving the slider to the ON or ON position.
- Open phone settings
- Select the item “Wireless networks” (in some versions of Android. “Other connections”)
- Open the item “Projection”
- Activate wireless projection, after which the name of the TV you can connect to should be displayed below. Click on it.
Now you can stream video, photo or gameplay from Honor to TV.
Via USB cable
The classic way that suits almost all types of gadgets. It is possible to connect an Honor or Huawei phone via a USB cable if the TV has a corresponding USB input. Most modern TVs, even inexpensive ones, have a USB input.
To connect you will need:
TV with USB input.
Type-C / USB or microUSB / USB cable
Attention! If your TV has an input for USB 2.0, then the cable must be appropriate. At the same time, the USB 3.0 input is more universal and is suitable for both the first cable and the second.
The device connection algorithm looks like this:
1.Connect the cable to the phone and to the USB input of the TV.
2.Click on the screen of the mobile phone in the window that appears, the item “Use as a memory storage device (as USB)”.
3. In the menu on the screen, we find the item “USB devices” (as a rule, this is the Source button) and in the drop-down menu we click on the phone model.
You can control the screen using the arrows on the remote.
Please note that the menu differs in different TV companies, so you will have to study the instructions or delve into the settings.
How to connect an Honor or Huawei phone to a TV
The question “How to connect a phone to a TV” arises when people want to use their smartphone not only for communication and social networks. Having made friends with the phone with TV, you will have the opportunity to broadcast movies on the big screen, hold work presentations, view photos from vacation or elementary recharge of the device.
The process is simple and has several options. The article describes the most common ways to connect a smartphone to a TV.
A prerequisite for connecting a smartphone using Wi-Fi is the Smart-TV function on the TV.
1. Open TV settings, turn on the Wi-Fi function.
2.On the phone we find “Settings”. the tab “Wireless networks”. “Wi-Fi”. “Wi-Fi Direct”.
3.After scanning the available devices, select the required one and connect to it.
With an HDMI cable
This method of synchronizing the phone and the wide screen turns the smartphone-TV bundle into a single computer and makes it possible to view all files from your phone on the TV screen. Some phone models have a mini-HDMI connector, but this is rare. If your phone does not have this, you will need an adapter: for example, a USB Type-C to HDMI cable for more expensive smartphones is suitable.
The very process of connecting a gadget to a monitor is simple. It is enough to connect the devices with a cable.
Why connect a phone to a TV
After syncing your smartphone with TV, you can:
transfer YouTube clips to the TV screen, watch movies from any site in good quality. Today, when the picture quality of TV is as realistic as possible, it is much more interesting to watch your favorite movies or YouTube interviews on a wide screen;
watch videos and photos taken on Android on the big screen. Even the smallest details can be seen on a large monitor and, importantly, in good resolution;
broadcast games. The most favorite item for real gamers is the ability to transfer the game from the small screen of your Huawei or Honor to the wide screen. This makes the details more visible, the effects and graphics look more realistic. In this case, the smartphone is used as a joystick or steering wheel, if today you are a racer in “Need For Speed”;
use a gadget instead of a PC. Such an opportunity is not provided in budget smartphones Honor or Huawei. But for owners of a mid-range phone and above, this function is available. Read the instructions for your gadget to learn about additional options.
Chromecast (for TV without Wi-Fi)
This is a wireless connectivity technology from Google. To use it, you need a proprietary Chromecast set-top box.
Chromecast is a media player that connects to a monitor via HDMI and configures over Wi-Fi. After that, it will be possible to view the photo gallery, hold presentations and even play.
How to connect:
1. We turn on the media player to the outlet and to the TV.
2. Download the Google Home application on Android.
3. Go to Google Home, and find the device you need there and connect to it.
4. Establish a connection by checking codes on two devices: Honor or Huawei and a TV.
detailed instructions on connecting Android via Chromecast can be found in the official Google Help.
Ways to connect Honor and Huawei to TV
The most common ways to synchronize a smartphone with a TV are only 6:
1. USB cable connection.
2.Using an HDMI cable.
3. Configure access via shared Wi-Fi, but this is only possible with SmartTV.
4. Option Mirror Share, which allows you to create a high-quality projection.
5.Chromecast for TV.
6.Smart TV Box.
The choice of connection method depends on the mobile phone model and the capabilities of the TV itself.
Activation on a mobile device
Before you start using wireless projection on your Honor smartphone, you need to make sure it is supported on your TV or laptop. The laptop with the latest version of Windows must be equipped with Miracast technology.
There are two ways to activate wireless projection on your mobile:
- Click on the Mirror Share button in the quick menu curtain.
- In the standard menu, select “Screen”, and then “Wireless projection”.
Why connect your smartphone to TV
There can be many reasons for connecting an Android gadget to a TV, each user decides for himself why to synchronize Android and TV.
The main reasons for connecting an Honor or Huawei phone to a TV are:
- Broadcasting videos from YouTube or films from KinoPoisk, IVI or any other site on TV. Synchronization allows you to watch videos on the big screen, and the user can set the video resolution on the phone so that it looks good on the big screen.
- View photos and videos taken or downloaded on Android. Viewing on TV allows you to see all the details of the photo, as well as to see its quality, because the size of the TV display is much larger than the display of a small smartphone.
- Broadcasting games. Many Android users are unaware of the capabilities of their phones. On the Internet, if such functionality allows TV, you can broadcast the game, and use the smartphone as a joystick or steering wheel, depending on the category of the game.
- Using the capabilities of the phone as a PC, using the TV as a monitor. Not all Honor and Huawei gadgets have the ability to use them as a PC, especially for budget models. You can find out about the capabilities of your model in the instruction manual or in the reviews on the sites or YouTube.
- Use as a TV remote control. Such abilities are possessed by devices regardless of the price category: from ultra-budget devices to top-end flagships. To use a smartphone as a remote control, you need to have an infrared port preinstalled on it. If there is no port, you will not be able to use Android as a remote control.
- For other purposes that require the connection of a smartphone and TV by any available means.
Using Mirror Share
This method is essentially a kind of analogue of the previous one, however, it involves the use of special software from the phone developers. Mirror Share lets you literally turn your phone into a projector.
To do this, you first need to connect both devices to a shared Wi-Fi network.
The further procedure is as follows:
- Open the full menu of the notification curtain on the phone.
- Select the item “Mirror Share” (this section can also be translated as “Wireless projection”).
- Activate option.
- On the TV, select the “Broadcast” item in the menu (depending on the specific device, there may be different names).
- Activate broadcast.
Immediately after activating the option on the TV, the activated device will appear in the “Mirror Share” menu on the phone. To start broadcasting, you must select it.
The most popular method of all, which will be described below. The popularity is driven by two main factors. First, the quality of the transmitted image is not lost (which cannot be said about other methods). Secondly, it is extremely simple to connect, it is enough to have the necessary equipment.
To connect, your TV and phone must have HDMI ports. Their availability directly depends on the specific TV, but usually modern devices are equipped with suitable technologies. If there is no connector on the phone, you can solve the problem by purchasing a USB adapter.
The procedure for connecting is as follows:
- Find suitable ports on both devices.
- Connect the cable by connecting the phone and TV.
- Enable both devices.
After switching on, automatic setup will be carried out, after which the image will begin to be transmitted to the TV monitor. If this does not happen, you will need to select the HDMI item in the smartphone and TV settings.
Ways to connect Honor with Android to TV
There are 3 ways to connect your mobile phone to TV. Each of them has its own characteristics, advantages and a unique scheme. But first things first.
Can I Connect Huawei MediaPad to TV?
If you can connect a tablet from Huawei, you need to look in the instructions. Some tablets support micro-HDMI / HDMI cable connection, so you won’t have to worry about adapters. Tablets connect in the same way as smartphones.
Through Smart TV Box
Smart set-top box allows you to turn a regular TV into a multimedia player. Depending on the model and price category, TV set-top boxes are endowed with various functions and can be controlled by a telephone.
On the TV-Box of the modern generation, you can not only download and install applications from Google Play, but also view any content on all kinds of sites.
The set-top box can be controlled via:
- Remote controller;
- Application for a smartphone from a set-top box manufacturer;
- Using a computer mouse, etc.
To use your Huawei smartphone as a multiplayer or storage device, you can use standard ways to connect the device to Smart-TV. The order of setting up the box may differ depending on the manufacturer, so it is better to take instructions on their websites.
Features for 7a, 7c, 8x (x), 9 lite and 10 Lite models
Each smartphone model is unique. Therefore, the type of connection to the TV will differ. But the connection procedure is identical with the above methods.
If the phone is non-separable
If the back cover of the device is removable, then remove it and take out the battery. Independent attempts to disassemble the smartphone will lead to the complete impossibility of restoring it.
Hairdryer or vacuum cleaner
A hairdryer or vacuum cleaner is strictly prohibited as a method to dry the phone. A hot or cold plentiful flow of air, although it will help to remove liquid, will harm the contacts inside. The suction of moisture with a vacuum cleaner will not end in anything other than mechanical damage. It happens under the pressure of the flow.
The safest and most effective method is to let your smartphone dry naturally.
What to do if your Honor phone falls into water and won’t turn on
Most likely, the modules responsible for the screen and sensor were damaged. Dry it first. If, after drying, it does not work to start, take it to the workshop.
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
How to rescue Honor or Huawei if it falls into the water. what to do?
What to do if your Honor or Huawei phone falls into the water? The situation is quite common, and can happen to any of us. In some cases, the device is subject to “resuscitation”, in others. it will not be possible to restore it. But actions to save the device definitely need to be taken.
Absorbent or rice
Rice or a substance that absorbs water is a more effective method to remove moisture particles from the device. To begin with, we remove the abundance of liquid with a towel, blot thoroughly. All drops cannot be removed with this method, so it is recommended to leave the phone in a bowl of rice. This cereal requires a lot of liquid, so it will take away all the remaining moisture in a few hours.
In order to save your Huawei or Honor phone if it falls into the water, it is better to resort to contacting a service center. Experts will be able to objectively assess the performance and condition of the gadget, fix breakdowns, give advice on further operation.
If you blot a damp or wet phone with paper material, it will partially dissolve from the moisture. Pieces of the towel that have come off may remain on the microcircuits. After drying, when you try to turn it on, this leads to a short circuit and burnout of the contacts.
It is better to use for these purposes a cotton fabric without rhinestones and stripes so as not to scratch anything. You can only put the device on the paper material so that the paper absorbs moisture.