Screen mirroring tips and apps
How to set up screen mirroring on Samsung TVs 2018. Samsung TV set up guide: what to enable, disable and configure
How to Mirror iPhone Screen on Samsung TV
There are several ways to mirror your iPhone screen to your Samsung TV, which is why it is difficult to find the right one. Fortunately, you have come to the right place. So, here are the ones you can use to mirror your iOS device to Samsung Smart TV.
3. ALLCAST APP
The next method to mirror iPhone to Samsung TV without Apple TV is to use an app called AllCast.
This tool offers to cast a display from a specific cellular device to a large display like a TV.
Navigating the gallery of captured images from your device on a large screen is fun and comfortable, so you should definitely try this program.
Here are some steps to duplicate iPad screen to Samsung Smart TV.
- Download and configure AllCast from the AppStore. The next step is to launch a smart TV.
- Open this app and give it access to your photos or songs that pop up in the window to allow them.
- You can now start mirroring your device by clicking the broadcast icon located at the bottom of the display. From here you can start searching for your TV’s name and click on it to establish a connection.
- The app will automatically redirect you to your saved videos and photos. To start streaming, simply tap an image or movie and it will watch directly on your TV.
Above are the main ways to best mirror screen from iPad to Samsung TV without Apple TV. Mirroring wouldn’t be a problem if someone had an Apple TV, but many Smart TVs don’t have such an integrated role.
Therefore, the best you can do is follow the approaches described above. If you have any other ways to mirror iPad screen to Samsung TV without Apple TV, please share them in the comment box. Thank you very much!
These were the smartest solutions, but if you’re still not satisfied, you can check out 3 easy ways to wirelessly connect your iPhone to your TV.
Last Updated: 09/05/2020 / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API
Setting up: step by step instructions
The first way to enable Screen Mirroring on a Samsung TV is suitable if both devices are made by Samsung:
- Use the remote control to change the Source. Select Screen Mirroring or Screen Mirroring. This step is not necessary in all cases. Some Smart-TVs are always “online”, so if this item was not on the screen, go further.
- Take your phone. The location where the option is needed differs depending on the Android version. On newer gadgets, simply fold back the top curtain and flick it to the right. Click on the corresponding item “Smart View”.
In earlier versions, go to Settings and look for Screen Mirroring or All Share Cast. Sometimes it can be found in “Connections” or “Other settings”.
How to Mirror iPhone to Samsung Smart TV
- The connection will be made. In some cases, it is necessary to additionally enter the code that appears on the screen, or simply confirm the connection request.
- The smartphone screen is displayed on the TV.
The second method is suitable for any other smartphones and computers:
- Make sure the device meets the system requirements for Smart View:
- Install Samsung Smart View on your smartphone, tablet, iPhone or computer.
- Wi-Fi connection required: so that both Smart-TV and the second gadget are on the same network.
- Run the application.
- Click on the “Connect to TV” button.
- Select TV from the list.
- Confirm the action on the screen by selecting “Allow” or by entering the code.
The third method concerns the built-in functions of Windows 10. You do not need to install anything additionally:
- Start Screen Mirroring on TV as described above.
- To play a file from your computer, right-click on the desired file. Use the “Send to device” line to send it to the desired TV.
- To mirror your computer screen to your TV, go to Display Settings and select Connect to Wireless Display. Or press Win P and select that line with the same name.
3.Shot iPhone screen in one click
Looking for a way to take a screenshot of your device from your computer? Then you will be glad to know that AnyTrans can handle this operation easily. The best part is that every screen you capture will be instantly automatically saved to your computer. What’s more, you can edit your screenshots in real time.
With AnyTrans, you can take complete control of your iPhone from your computer. This is very useful in various situations, especially when you want to watch your favorite movie stored on iPhone on a large computer screen.
Screen Mirroring iPhone via AnyTrans. content capture
As you can now see, AnyTrans has a lot more to offer than the simple AirPlay feature for iPhone screen mirroring. For more information, see How to Mirror iPhone Screen to Computer
It’s all about how to wirelessly connect iPhone to Samsung Smart TV for screen mirroring. As you can see, there are several ways to mirror your iOS device to your TV, now it’s time to start watching your favorite show or movie on the big screen from the comfort of your home.
I have been on the iMobie team for 5 years and as an Apple fanatic loves helping more users solve different types of iOS or Android issues.
How to connect your phone to a TV via USB
- Suitable phone: Android smartphone, regular mobile phone.
- Which TV will work: Any with a USB port.
- What else you need: USB cable.
The easiest way to connect, allowing you to use your mobile device as a flash drive. True, only media files stored in the phone’s memory can be played back: photo, video and audio.
What connection will give
Synchronization of a smartphone with a TV will make it possible to use the functions of the phone on a large screen. The phone, in this case, will be a projector that transmits the image to the TV screen. By connecting to your TV via your phone, you can:
- Play video recordings;
- View photos and other media files on your phone;
- Play applications on your phone;
- Surf the internet;
- Arrange a presentation.
Reference! If you connected your phone to a TV to start the game, for convenience, you can connect a wireless mouse, keyboard or gamepad via Bluetooth.
An HDMI cable will help to connect to the TV if your phone has an HDMI or MicroHDM input. If your device does not have these connectors, help:
- SlimPort. the adapter is capable of outputting audio and video to large screens of monitors or TV. Does not require external power supplies.
- MHL cable. The technology of this device allows you to connect your phone to TVs and monitors. The micro-USB connector is inserted into the phone, HDMI is connected to the TV or monitor itself. There is an active and passive MHL cable. The difference is that the active cable has an additional USB connector for connecting power devices.
After your gadget is connected to the TV using an HDMI cable, go to the source selection menu and select HDMI. Done, the phone screen is displayed on the TV.
Auto Adjust will match the picture format to the TV format. If it was not possible to do this automatically, adjust the parameters manually through the phone menu (image frequency, parameters).
The advantage of using an HDMI cable is a free input for charging the phone, the ability to connect a mouse, keyboard or gamepad. It should be borne in mind that not every phone has an HDMI connector, in some cases you will need an adapter.
After a successful connection, you can launch the content on your smartphone. In this case, the TV will duplicate what is happening on the phone display.
Not all programs support the function of duplicating a picture, take this fact into account.
If the TV does not show anything, check its settings. As a rule, all settings are set automatically. If this does not happen, set up data transfer yourself.
To do this, find the HDMI settings menu in the smartphone settings. Set the resolution and refresh rate your TV can handle normally.
If your smartphone does not have a connector for connecting the mentioned cable, buy a microUSB to HDMI adapter. This cable connects to the mircoUSB connector of the smartphone. Using such a converter, it will be possible to connect with a regular HDMI cable.
We connect via Wi-Fi
Modern TVs are equipped with Wi-Fi modules. Your phone must support Wi-Fi Direct to connect to a TV. Connection algorithm:
- In the phone settings, go to “wireless networks”. We choose Wi-Fi Direct. It will search for available networks to connect.
- In the TV menu, go to the “Networks” section. From the list of available connection methods, select Wi-Fi Direct.
- The search for devices starts. In the list found, select the name of your mobile device.
After connecting your phone to the TV, the TV screen will start broadcasting from your phone, dubbing video and sound. The functions of connecting your phone to a TV via Wi-Fi are the same as when using an HDMI cable, but without wires. This is the main feature of using Wi-Fi when connecting your phone to a TV. Your smartphone will be free of wires, you can put it on charging.
You can connect to the TV through your phone using one of the above methods. It all depends on the technical capabilities of your phone and TV. A convenient way to connect to a TV via Wi-Fi, but not all TVs are equipped with Wi-Fi modules. The USB cable is not capable of displaying the image of the phone screen on the TV screen, and a special adapter adapter is required to connect via an HDMI cable.
USB, HDMI, Wi-Fi. choose what you like best and watch content on the big screen.
What to do
- Open the network settings on the TV and turn on the Wi-Fi Direct function.
- On your smartphone, go to Settings → Wireless & networks → Wi-Fi → Wi-Fi Direct.
- After scanning for available devices, select your TV.
- Use the “Send” menu on your smartphone to transfer photos, videos and audio to TV.
Modern TVs are equipped with ports for connecting USB devices. Using this connector, the phone can also be connected to the TV, but this will not allow duplicating the picture from the screen of the gadget. TV simply recognizes it as a USB flash drive.
An ordinary USB-mircoUSB cable is enough for connection. Connect your smartphone to the TV with the mentioned cable, find the device in the TV menu and use the available content at your discretion.
These are the main ways to connect almost any smartphone to TV. In addition, proprietary programs and add-ons have been created for each common mobile OS to connect to SmartTV. What exactly to use is up to you.
The exchange of data between various devices has become much easier: before, in order to view photos taken on a phone on a TV, it was necessary to upload them to a USB flash drive using a computer. Now you can connect to the TV directly using Wi-Fi, USB cables or HDMI.
How to connect your phone to a TV via HDMI
- Suitable phone: Android smartphone, iPhone.
- Which TV is Right: Any with HDMI.
- What else you need: a phone-compatible HDMI cable or adapter.
This option allows you to use the TV as an external display while playing games, watching movies and surfing the Internet. The picture from the mobile device is mirrored, that is, everything that happens on the smartphone screen is displayed on the TV.
Depending on the phone connector, you will need an appropriate adapter or cable to connect. On the one hand, it will have an HDMI connector, and on the other, microUSB, Lightning or USB-C. In the mode of broadcasting the image, the device is quickly discharged, so usually adapters have a connector for charging.
Before purchasing a USB-C adapter, please make sure your smartphone supports video output.
There are a number of applications that make it possible to connect your smartphone to your TV wirelessly. Such utilities are in the arsenal of almost every TV and smartphone manufacturer. Choose a program suitable for your SmartTV and download it from the application market for the OS you are using.
The connected gadgets must be on the same network. There will be no difficulties with connection: you just need to launch the downloaded application and follow the instructions.
In addition, there is a reliable and functional Wi-Fi Direct technology. It allows you to directly connect gadgets that support this technology, without using third-party utilities, cables, etc.