If you are using a remote with a rear QWERTY keyboard, it is recommended that you use only one type of input at a time (the remote’s QWERTY keyboard or on-screen keyboard). If both are used to enter the encryption key, there may be a delay when changing the input type.
Answers to frequently asked questions. 8500 series Ultra Slim 4K UHD LED TV with Android TV
Make sure that:
The wireless router has been turned on for at least two minutes
The TV software has been updated to the latest version. Compare the version in the TV menu:
[Settings] [All Settings] [Update Software] [Current Software Information] with the version available on the Philips support website.
The TV scans all available wireless networks
Select your wireless home network
If the wireless network does not appear in the list, select [Add new network] and enter the name of the wireless network.
Enter your wireless encryption key. The standard password can be found on the router or in the router documents
If the router has WPS, a direct connection can be made on the router without scanning.
Go to your router, press the WPS button and return to your TV within 2 minutes.
Select [Connect] on the TV
How to connect a TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi
Internet connection required to access smart TV features.
We recommend using a wired connection to your home network as wired connections are more stable than wireless.
Registration in the corporate club
For full use of Smart TV Philips, you will have to register with the official club. After the TV is connected to Wi-Fi, a window will appear on the screen for creating a new account. Registration is quick, for this follow the suggested step-by-step instructions:
- In the first window, click on the button to register a new user.
- Then fill in all the fields with your personal data and click on “Create an account”.
- Click on the Philips account login button, then enter your name and access code.
- Select the “Register Product” button.
- Search for your device model and select it. Specify the date of purchase of Smart TV and click on the “Register”.
After completing the procedure, all programs and services on the TV will work correctly. To avoid software crashes, it is imperative to register with the club.
A user of any level will be able to connect the Internet to a Philips TV. There are 2 ways to do this. To achieve the greatest stability and connection speed, you can insert an Ethernet cable into the dedicated LAN port, which should be located on the back or side of the TV.
But this option is not very practical, because the presence of wires running throughout the apartment is not always convenient. But if there is no other way out, then follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Connect the dedicated cable to the port labeled “LAN” on the TV. In other models, it may be referred to as “Network”.
- Insert the other end of the cord into the connector on your router, it is usually yellow.
- On the remote control, find the Home button and press it.
- In the menu that opens, go to the “Settings” section.
- Then select “Wired and wireless networks”, determine the type of connection. In your case, it’s wired.
- Click on the button indicating the network connection, select the same type of connection again and click “Finish”.
After a SIMple procedure, Philips TV has Internet access. Now you can use all the functions of “smart” technology.
For information on connecting to Wi-Fi and setting up Smart TV, see here:
But more often a wireless connection to the Network via Wi-Fi is used. Before connecting your Philips TV to the Internet, check that the router is turned on and working properly. Then do the following:
- In order not to enter your username and password, go through the Smart TV menu to the “Network connection settings” section, then click on the Wi-Fi item. Select a WPS connection method. While connected to the desired network, press the WPS button on the router. This will prevent you from entering data on the TV device.
- If such a button is not provided, then the login and password will have to be entered manually using the remote control. Click scan. A list of networks that are available will open. Enter the SSID (or look in the list) and network key (password) and connect.
- A menu will appear on the screen where you need to click “Easy Access” and confirm the action by clicking on the OK button.
Now you just have to agree with the agreement that you will see after connecting to the Network.
In the event that a connection to the Internet has already been established, but the connection has been interrupted, a software update or a flashing of the device may be required.
In the second option, it is better to contact a service center, and not to “self-medicate”. Otherwise, there is a possibility of causing irreparable damage to Smart TV.
Solution of problems
If you can’t connect your Philips TV to Wi-Fi, try the following:
- Reboot your router and try connecting again.
- Check if you entered the wireless security key correctly.
- Check the network settings on the TV:
- Press the “Home” button on the remote control, select “Install”, then “Network settings” and “View network settings”;
- “Network mode”. should be “DHCP / auto IP”;
- “IP Address”. must be filled;
- “Signal strength”. not less than 80%.
- Unplug the receiver and disconnect all cables. Wait a while, and try again to connect the Philips TV to the router via Wi-Fi.
- If your Philips TV does not see your Wi-Fi network, check your router settings. The network may be hidden.
The following operating systems are used depending on the model:
Multifunctional operating systems work with streaming and analogue television, as well as servers with media files on the local network. Network connectivity allows you to:
- work in the network, displaying the image on the TV screen;
- use compatible applications that significantly expand the functionality of the device;
- communicate with other people via Skype or other messengers.
Setting up channels is easy, even for those users who have never dealt with a smart TV before. To set up Smart TV, you need to connect Philips to Wi-Fi and take a few SIMple steps:
- Call the main menu on the TV screen using the “Home” button with the house icon, then go to the “Configuration” section.
- Run “Channel Search” and select “Reinstall Channels”.
- From the list of proposed states, select the one in which you live.
- Then you will be asked to determine the signal source: cable or satellite TV.
- A window will open where you need to click on the “Settings” button. Activate automatic search, as it is inconvenient to search for TV channels manually.
- Go to the “Quick Scan” tab.
If television will be broadcast through a conventional antenna, then activate the column “Digital TV channels” and start the search. It usually takes no more than ten minutes.
How to connect Wi-Fi on a Philips TV: a personal experience of the Hamster
One of the most famous manufacturers of home appliances is Philips from the Netherlands. Smart TV buyers associate this company with quality and reliability. Smart TV technology is now common on Philips TVs. For users, “smart” technology is preferable, so the manufacturer has introduced additional functionality that opens up great opportunities.
Modern models are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi module or a LAN port, which allows you to access the Internet directly from your TV. But some owners do not know how to connect a Philips TV to the Internet. In addition, it is important to know the principle of downloading and installing the operating system and applications.
The operating system allows you to download various applications for comfortable use of your smart TV. The main advantage of the new generation Philips TV is that the OS has a proprietary SongBird technology, which requires an Internet connection. There she looks for all the codecs that the system needs to work correctly. After installing them, even the rarest formats can be “read” by TV.
Thanks to another brand innovation. the Net TV browser, the user will be able to watchs from the well-known YouTube hosting, use social networks, watch movies and TV series in Full HD quality or listen to music. You can watch TV channels through a browser, there are special services with online TV.
We showed you how to connect your Philips TV to the Internet using a wired and wireless method. Which option is right for you depends on your capabilities and preferences. But both are uncomplicated for users of all levels. Plus, built-in apps and technologies from Philips make your TV easy to set up and use.
Connecting your phone to Smart TV via Wi-Fi Direct is considered one of the most practical options for synchronizing two devices, carried out by performing the following sequential manipulations:
- open the phone settings and select a wireless connection;
- activate Wi-Fi Direct;
- open the TV menu and connect the Wi-Fi Direct function;
- after scanning, the screen will display a list of devices from which you should select your smartphone;
- after the connection request appears on the phone screen, confirm it.
It is possible to connect a smartphone to a TV and thanks to special applications that work on the Mirroring principle, that is, the image from a smartphone is dubbed onto a wide screen TV.
In our case, these are:
- Philips MyRemote is a program designed to control your Philips Smart LED TV without a remote control;
- MirrorOP, iMediaShare. a special program with a clear and convenient interface, pop-up tips make it possible to connect devices in a matter of seconds.
Before connecting your smartphone to a Philips TV using this method, you should check that both devices are connected to the same network and that they support DLNA or Miracast technology. Next, you should adhere to a certain sequence of actions:
- download DLNA Server on your smartphone;
- add a new server in the program menu;
- in the line that appears, enter the designation Wi-Fi;
- go to the “Root” section and select the folder you want to view;
- save the actions taken;
- find the appeared Media-server in the initial menu;
- press “Start” to start it;
- go to “” in the TV settings;
- find the required server and select it (the screen will display the folders available for viewing, then run the required file).
When you need it?
Connecting the phone to the TV provides the ability to use all the options of the smartphone in wide format When these two devices interact with each other, the following actions become available:
- viewing files stored in the phone memory on the TV screen;
- launching applications and games available on the smartphone;
- large-scale viewing of the necessary information on the Internet;
- creation of presentations.
YouTube also allows two devices to work together. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- launch the YouTube application on your smartphone and go to the settings;
- enable the Watch on TV option (if the settings are successfully completed, an instruction will be displayed describing the user’s further actions);
- launch YouTube on TV;
- open the “Settings” tab and set the “Manual mode”;
- enter the code that appears in the smartphone field and click “Add”;
- among the devices that were found, select the model of your TV and confirm your consent to broadcast.
You can also control the TV from the phone screen thanks to the Miracast function. To implement this type of connection, you must:
- activate Miracast in the smartphone settings;
- perform the same actions in the TV menu.
After that the connection will be established.
There are several wireless ways to easily connect your phone to your Philips TV.
How to connect your phone to a Philips TV via Wi-Fi?
Modern models of both smartphones and TVs are equipped with a variety of functions. Each of these two devices is unique and irreplaceable in everyday life. The phone helps to provide its user with everything necessary on the go: communication, internet, camera, filming and other useful programs. The TV allows you to brighten up your leisure time or provide the observer with important information on a widescreen.
Unfortunately, not all owners are aware that a smartphone and TV are capable of working in tandem, and it is quite easy to synchronize their work. This article will show you how to sync your Philips phone and TV via Wi-Fi.
After reviewing the above information, you can see that it is very easy to pair your phone and Philips TV, and it does not take much time. However, before starting control, you must make sure that:
- the TV belongs to the Smart TV category;
- the phone from which the control will be carried out is fully charged.
How to connect your phone to a Philips TV via Wi-Fi, see below.
How to connect your Philips TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi
To connect your Philips Smart TV to the Internet using a cable or Wi-Fi, you need a router configured and connected. Next, you need to turn on the TV on the control panel and press the “Home” button with an icon in the form of a house:
And then the “Settings” button. This will take you to the settings menu of your Philips TV.
Then you need to select the “Connect to the network” item:
We agree with the offer and press the “Connect” button:
We select the type of connection. via a network cable. “Wire” or a wireless network. “Wireless”. If you choose a cable connection, then everything is SIMple. the TV will receive an address and the connection process will end there. To connect via Wi-Fi, select “Wireless”:
Here Smart TV TV offers two options. via WPS and regular. It is easier to connect via WPS, but your router must support this function and it must be activated. In this case, you just have to press the WPS button on the router, and then in this window:
After that, the TV will connect to Wi-Fi and go online.
With a normal connection, press the “Scan” button. The wireless adapter will scan the air and display a list of networks available for connection:
In this list you need to select your own and press “OK” on the remote control. If you use encryption, then the next step you will be asked to enter the key:
Click on the “Enter key” button and get an input line where you need to enter the Wi-Fi password:
After that, you need to click on “Finish”, and then. on “Next”. If the key is entered correctly, you will see the following message:
We close it and. we get another one that your Philips TV is connected to your home Wi-Fi and can access the Internet:
This completes the connection setup. You can safely launch your browser and surf the global web.
Connection and configuration
Connecting a Wi-Fi adapter to a TV and setting up its operation, as a rule, is not difficult due to the available interface of Philips TVs. To use the adapter to connect to a wireless network, you must:
- insert the adapter into the USB connector located most often on the side of the TV. In some cases, a USB cable may be required;
- wait for the wizard to install and configure the network parameters for the device;
- follow the steps of the step-by-step instructions that will appear on the screen;
- use the WPS standard, if one is provided in the router transmitting the signal;
- use WPA password for setting if WPS is not provided.
In addition to a wireless Internet connection, a Wi-Fi converter provides:
- TV control via a phone, tablet or computer keyboard;
- watching media and recording on-air TV programs;
- access to a large number of applications.
Connecting a Wi-Fi adapter opens access to a large number of applications
We connect the TV set to the Web and the Computer via a network LAN cable !
Support the development of the channel, please do not block ads. We connect the TV to the web and.
On the contrary, you need to connect a TV set-top box, then this is usually done using an HDMI cable. One end is inserted into the purchased device, and the other into the TV set. Further, using the “Input” button on the remote control, you need to go to the active HDMI input (you still need to remember to turn on the set-top box before that). That’s all, here you will see the image entering the HDMI connector. The upcoming TV set-top configuration is carried out already using the remote control that came with it.
Also, of course, connect the TV set-top box with the help of ordinary “tulips”. Alas, there is no need to rely on the quality of the highest level of the image. Also, specifically by means of a “component”, old game consoles are usually connected. Dendy, SEGA, PS One or even PS2. When talking about new game consoles, starting with the development of the PlayStation 3, an HDMI cable is used to connect them.
Pros and cons of using analogs
The main advantage of non-standard Wi-Fi adapters is their low cost, the main disadvantage is problems with determining the compatibility of an analogue with a particular TV model.
Connecting to the Web
Modern Philips LCD TVs certainly have Smart TV support. It says what, in fact, that by means of such a device, watch the content located in the vastness of the global network. But for this purpose, you need to provide a TV set with access to the Internet, why are the following methods used:
- Wired connection. when the TV set and the router are connected with a network cable;
- Wireless connection. when internet traffic is transmitted over a Wi-Fi network.
What do you need, how to connect the web to a Philips TV set by one method or another? Let’s start with the traditional wired option, because in most cases, more high-speed data reception is likely to be carried over the cable. This is essential when it looks in very high quality.
Now you need to set up Smart TV so that the OS recognizes the Internet connection. For this purpose, you press the “Home” button (on Philips remote controls it usually looks like a wooden house). Go to where “Settings”.
In the window that opens, select the “Installation” item, and then click on “Connect to the network”. Now you will be asked to agree to the offer by clicking the “Connect” button.
You will be taken to a completely new options window. Here it is necessary to select the item “Wire”. In this case, the option process actually ends. it may be that the system will only ask you to press the “OK” button.
In the event that you are thinking that how to connect Wi-Fi to the Philips TV set, then instead of Fri “Wire” you need to select the item “Wireless.” After that, the option process will not end, because the TV set is not able to connect to every Wi-Fi network around it.
Determination of your home Wi-Fi network directly to you by 2 methods. The first is to press the WPS button. After that, the appropriate button must be pressed on the router. And therefore, the two devices will automatically communicate, which SIMply does not require anything from you. When there is no WPS button on the router (probably economical models are deprived of it), then click on the “Scan” button. This will force the TV to scan the surrounding area for Wi-Fi networks, displaying a list of them. For you, as a result of this, you need to press on the name of your own network, then enter the password. Your subsequent actions are to press the “Finish” and “Next” buttons, after which, of course, enjoy Internet access.
Pay attention, after connecting to the global network, the TV set may ask you to update the firmware. Be sure to do this, because the developers could introduce new features into their software. Also, remember what it really is that the oldest Philips LCD TVs do not have a built-in Wi-Fi module. They require an external adapter, the name of which should be found in the instructions for use.
Does the TV support adapters
You can find out whether your TV supports a Wi-Fi adapter on the manufacturer’s official website or in the instructions for the device. If the TV has a Smart TV, but there is no built-in Wi-Fi module, then a special adapter is required for a wireless connection to the Internet.
I have a Philips 32PFL3606H / 58 in one of the rooms. I bought it for a long time, about 8 years ago, I did not even ask about the presence of Smart TV then (because I did not know about its existence at that time). Just in case I looked at philips.ru. indeed, there is no such function. Accordingly, the adapter is powerless here.
If the TV has the Wi-Fi Ready mark, then the Smart TV option is provided, but there is no built-in Wi-Fi module, that is, an adapter is needed for wireless Internet.
If the TV has the Wi-Fi Ready marking, then the Smart TV option is provided, but there is no built-in Wi-Fi module, that is, an adapter is needed for wireless Internet
Purpose of the Wi-Fi adapter
An increasing number of TVs from the most renowned manufacturers offer Internet connectivity. Access to the worldwide network from a TV becomes possible thanks to Smart TV technology. a computer system that integrates the Internet into a television receiver (by analogy with Smart Phone. integrating the Internet into a mobile phone). If your Philips Smart TV has a built-in wireless connection, no additional devices are required to access the Internet wirelessly. If such a device is not provided, wireless Internet is provided by a Wi-Fi adapter. an external device that connects to a TV via a USB connector.
Wi-Fi adapter is used to wirelessly connect the TV to the Internet
The Wi-Fi adapter receives the signal, processes it and transmits it to the TV. In addition, the device expands the capabilities of the television receiver by activating the Smart TV function.
Connecting a TV set-top box or game console
Some people who are on the “you” with technology, think about how to connect a TV set-top box to a Philips TV set. In practice, this must be done only if the TV set itself does not support the display of digital TV. If he understands the DVB-T2 standard, then plug the cable of the terrestrial antenna directly into the TV set. he will accurately recognize what remains to make available channels for our client.
What else can you connect your Philips TV to
Perhaps, with the connection of other devices, you can figure it out without any problems without any hint. For example, an external hard drive or a flash drive is connected to a USB port. there are no obstacles in resolving this issue. The system will also offer to automatically go to the contents of the drive. When this did not happen, then using the “Input” button, go to the “channel” whose name is “USB”. Or “USB 1”, if there are several built-in connectors. Clear actions depend on the implementation of a certain TV.
As for cameras, Blu-ray players and other SIMilar devices, they are connected strictly to the HDMI input. Finding a suitable “channel” is carried out, moreover, by pressing the “Input” button. Connect a laptop to a Philips TV set in the same way, of course. the HDMI connector is currently found on virtually any laptop.
If you are impatient for the picture to be displayed only on the TV set, then on the computer you need to go to the “Control Panel”. Here you need to go to where “Hardware and Sound”. Based on a specific version of the system, here it is necessary to find the item responsible for the way the image is displayed on 2 screens. Usually it is enough to press the “Disable display” button and select “Projector only”. By itself, the image will return to the laptop screen when you disconnect the HDMI cable.
If you have many different devices that you would like to connect to a TV set, then buy an AV receiver for yourself. It will greatly SIMplify this matter by offering an abundance of connectors, allowing you to forget about splitters.
Now you understand how to connect a Philips TV set to one or another device, as well as to the web. As a result, we will give you a little advice. If the purchased TV set supports DLNA technology, then connect the external hard drive to the router. The TV set will then certainly recognize the media files contained on the external drive. Additionally, it will not be difficult to view them on a phone, tablet as it is also called a computer.
Is your Philips TV set used in splendid isolation or in pairs with some devices? Was it easy to connect your box to the web? Share your views in the comments.
How to connect your Philips TV to your home cinema
In fact, any Philips LCD TV can play movies saved on a USB stick or external hard drive. And some models have support for DLNA technology, thus being able to play content from a computer, as it is also called a drive connected to a router. And we must not forget about Smart TV. the support of this technology allows you to watch movies online without even downloading them. What should you do if the quality of the pictures suits you, but you want to output the sound to the soundbar, in other words, the speakers? Do modern TVs have such an opportunity? This, you can do it. The creators of TVs in most cases and do not even imply that you will always fully use the built-in speakers. What you need, how to connect your home cinema to a Philips TV?
On the back of the device you will find a large number of connectors. The following jacks are used to output sound:
- Optical output is the best option, which involves using a fiber optic cable that is shielded from electrical noise. Sound can be output from this jack in multi-channel mode.
- Coaxial output (S / PDIF). also allows you to output multichannel audio. It is displayed in digital form. its conversion to analog form occurs already on the side of the speakers on a different soundbar. At other times, the cable you are using will most likely not be very immune to electrical noise. In general, most users do not notice this.
- RCA. reddish and snow-white nests for regular “tulips”, above which is the inscription “OUT”. Only stereo sound is transmitted through them, but in analog form. Therefore, all speakers, even the cheapest, have proper inputs.
- SCART. analog stereo sound is also transmitted via this connector. Additionally, you will need an adapter and an RCA cable.
- 3.5mm audio jack is the worst option, usually only used because there are no other jacks for audio output. To implement such a connector, a 3.5mm-RCA cable is useful. It is, of course, impossible to output 5.1 sound in such a way as it is also called 7.1.