How to Update Smart TV on Samsung TVs
As a rule, the question of how to update Samsung Smart TVs faces the owners already somewhere, six months after the purchase. Nothing surprising, because technologies do not stand still, but are constantly evolving, because in order to keep pace with the times, you need to periodically update the device, following the firmware upgrades.
How to update a TV via a USB flash drive by downloading the correct firmware
The correct firmware is half the battle when it comes to updating your Samsung Smart TV. Each device has its own set of programs that are suitable for a limited number of TVs. Therefore, before you download something, you need to make sure that the program is suitable. You can find out which software is suitable for a particular model on the official website of the company. samsung.com.
In addition to knowing the model, you also need to clarify what software is already installed on Samsung. This information will be required to compare with the updated version that was published on the site. If the firmware number, for example, 0. 6, and a person has the fifth version, then the device needs to be upgraded. If the numbers are the same, then the update is not needed.
By the way, before downloading, you must definitely specify the language of the software, otherwise the instructions in Chinese will be difficult to understand. All important information is indicated in the file description.
After the download has been made, the file must be reset to a formatted USB flash drive. And then all the fun begins:
The files need to be unpacked, as they usually come in an archive. Any suitable program will do for this;
Next, the USB stick should be inserted into the Samsung TV via the USB connector;
Go to the Smart TV menu;
The menu has a section “Support”, this is where you need to go;
The next step is to select the “Software update” section;
There are several options, but we are interested in the option via USB;
Further, the request will be processed, so you will have to wait a bit. When the system starts updating, you will also have to wait a few minutes. After the reboot occurs, the Samsung TV software will already be installed.
Automatic update via the Internet
Before even thinking about updating the software using the Internet, you need to make sure that the connection will be uninterrupted. There are three ways to provide such a connection:
Using a local wired network via a TV router.
Directly via Wi-Fi, if the Samsung Smart TV has a built-in Wi-Fi adapter.
Using a Wi-Fi router, connecting the device through the menu, and selecting the desired options.
This is a very important point, because if the Internet interrupts the connection, then problems may arise that cannot be solved with a few clicks on the remote control. If all is well, you can start:
Open the menu to view the firmware number (it is very important to search for a series of updates);
Go to the “Support” item, where you will select “Software Update”;
Depending on the configuration of the TV, you should select the item “Update now” or “Via network”;
After checking for the availability of a suitable firmware, a message will appear that requires confirmation;
While the firmware is being downloaded and updated, the TV is strictly prohibited to turn off.
When the procedure is over, the system will reboot. But there are also disadvantages. let this method work for free and it is very SIMple. But there is a huge risk. if the electricity is cut off in the process, instead of an expensive device there will be just a pile of useless circuits and wiring. However, if everything goes well, the TV will work even better.
Let the regular update of Smart TV bring some inconvenience, but you need to update the system, in particular, in order to be able to synchronize the work of phones, computers and tablets.
For which TVs is the service suitable
Unlimited viewing of selected TV channels as part of a subscription to one of the service packages is possible only on modern devices with the Smart TV option. Before setting up MTS TV on Smart TV, you should find out which TV models support this option. The list includes TVs:
- Samsung 2014-2016 supporting Smart TV;
- LG supporting Smart TV on webOS and Netcast;
- Sony and Philips with Android TV.
Installation on Sony
You can install MTS TV on any Sony device with Android TV support. To watch programs on your LG NetCast TV, you need to do the following.
- Go to Google Play Store on TV.
- Find and download the app.
- After downloading, activate it and log in using MTS Belarus and the password provided from the Internet assistant.
- Activate the service by sending a message with the letter A in Latin to 2220 or through the command 220 #.
Installation on Philips
You can connect the option on any brand TVs that support Android TV. For this it is enough:
- open the Google Play Store;
- find the application through the search and download it to the TV;
- open it after the download is complete, authorize by calling MTS Belarus and using the password provided to the Internet assistant;
- activate the option by sending a message with the letter A to number 2200 or make a request 220 #;
- check connection.
How to download and install the app on your TV
The Smart TV application can be easily installed even by an inexperienced user, following step-by-step instructions. To install, you need to follow a few steps.
- Turn on the device and go to the Smart TV menu.
- Select from the list of programs that are available for installation on the device, MTS TV, and start the download process.
- When the application is installed, you will need to activate the “Authorization” window and enter the MTS number with the option already configured or the one on which it is planned to connect.
- The number must be entered in the format 7908. no plus.
- Next, you need to click “Get password”.
- Connecting and disconnecting subscriptions is possible through the “Profile”.
Installation on Samsung
The application is suitable for the Tizen platform and all models of 2014-2016 running on Smart TV. To install it on your Samsung Smart TV, you need:
- check the device’s Internet connection;
- download the MTS TV program in the Samsung App by searching for it by name;
- install the program and open it on the TV.
To set up Smart TV, you need to connect your TV to the Internet. The easiest way to do this is your home wi-fi.
We will analyze how this is done using the example of a Philips TV model 32PFL5007H (depending on the model, the appearance of the window may differ, but the actions will still remain the same).
So, step-by-step instructions for setting up Smart TV are as follows:
- After clicking on the Smart TV button, the user is informed that he needs an internet connection. Click “Next”.
Smart TV launch window on Philips TV 32PFL5007H
- We choose the option of connecting to the Internet. wireless or wired. In the second case, you will need to connect a regular cable with an RJ connector to the TV.In this example, the house has wi-fi, so we choose the first option.
Choosing an Internet Connection Option
- To find your wi-fi, you need to click on the “Scan” button.
Selecting a wi-fi scan item when setting up Smart TV
- In the list of found networks, you need to select your own, after which the user will see the menu, which is shown in the figure.
Smart TV menu after choosing your wi-fi network
- Press the “Enter key” button and see the window shown in the image. In the field circled in red, you need to enter the password for your network and click the “Finish” button, surrounded by a green frame.
Entering a password from a home wi-fi network into Smart TV
- After that, the user will see a window SIMilar to the one shown in the image. There you need to choose one of the sites that allow you to watch movies for free. In our case, there is already one such site in the standard menu. Zoomby.
Smart TV Window and Zoomby Site Bookmark
- Click on this tab and go to the service page.
Zoomby Smart TV Page
You may be interested in this:
One of the most popular portals in the CIS from Ukrainian authors. On Megogo.net there are more than 3,500 different films, 1,800 cartoons, 850 TV series and much more.
Some movies can be watched for free, while others will have to pay a little.
Megogo.net service window on Smart TV
Another very popular service. In tvigle.ru, the focus is on Russian films, a lot of Soviet classics. All files are divided into categories (there are 18 of them).
True, new films practically do not appear here, but everything else is absolutely free.
There are no subscriptions at all, but ads are still present.
TVigle service window on Smart TV
In the above example, we immediately got to the page Zoomby.ru, one of the sites that allow you to watch movies and TV shows for free using Smart TV.
As you can see in the image, on the left side there is a convenient menu where you can choose the genre of the movie or find it by name.
Zoomby.ru service window
The main advantage of this service is that it has a really huge selection of films.
True, like most other Smart TV sites, there are a lot of low-quality films here that are shot by amateurs.
But something worthwhile can also be found here. On some sites you can even find 3d films. We will consider other popular sites for Smart TV further.
How to Watch Movies on Smart TV Absolutely Free. Top Tips
Today, when there are hundreds of new models of TVs on the market of technology, which we could only dream of 10 years ago, so many became interested in the question of how to watch movies on Smart TV for free.
After all, the Smart TV application is on many modern TVs, in particular, on equipment of the brands Samsung, Sharp, LG, Philips, etc.
And, in fact, this useful feature allows you to watch movies, and even some channels online, absolutely free of charge, right through your TV. Now let’s figure out how this is done.
This service is very SIMilar to Megogo, but oll.tv cooperates with official broadcasters of football matches and TV channels, so it can compete on equal terms with regular TV channels.
For example, they always show the football Champions League and Europa League in HD quality (some matches for which a license was purchased).
Oll.tv service window on Smart TV
By the way, to watch movies on something other than Zoomby, you can SIMply add a bookmark to the menu shown in Figure 8.
This is done in the same way as in a regular browser. click on an empty space, enter the site address and you’re done.
Where to watch movies?
, ivi.ru is one of the largest repositories of movies and TV shows. more than 60,000 different files, most of which are free.
Although there is an offer to subscribe here.
Subscription gives you the opportunity not only to have access to all possible ivi.ru files, but also to watch movies without ads.
Without a subscription, any film will be interrupted from time to time for a commercial break, just like on regular television.
However, this is typical for the same Zoomby, and for other Smart TV sites. This is how the ivi.ru window looks like.
The ivi.ru service window on Smart TV
Smart TV launch
You don’t need any apps to watch Smart TV. this feature must be built into your TV. And to start it, there is a button on the remote control.
Therefore, to start Smart TV, you just need to find the corresponding button on your remote and click on it.
This is how this button looks on Samsung TVs.
Smart TV button on Samsung TV remotes
And like this on the Phillips consoles.
Smart TV button on the Philips TV remote control
In general, after the user clicks on the desired button, he still needs to configure this application.