Connecting devices using HDMI
An HDMI cable with two connectors can be used to broadcast media files from a phone to a TV: HDMI Type A at one end and micro-HDMI Type D. at the other. Nowadays, an HDMI port is available on almost all TVs. However, a micro-HDMI connector is also required on the mobile device. If there is none, you will have to buy an adapter.
To connect a phone to a TV via HDMI, you must:
- Insert the ends of the cable into devices: HDMI Type A. into a TV, micro-HDMI Type D. into a smartphone. In this case, the equipment must be turned off.
- Turn on TV and mobile phone, select HDMI signal source on TV. the port where the cable is inserted.
- Perform actions on the phone to transfer data from its display to the TV screen. Usually there are no problems with this, since the parameters are set automatically.
- If the smartphone refuses to perform the function of displaying data on two monitors at the same time, you need to go to its settings, find the section responsible for the HDMI format, and adjust the refresh rate.
Connecting devices using dedicated apps
One of the more well-known sync programs is Miracast. It is based on WI-FI Direct technology, however, thanks to the use of the latest developments, Miracast allows users to watch on a TV screen and even play games.
The Miracast utility can be downloaded for free using the link https://win10free.com/403-miracast.html. But first, it is recommended to make sure that his mobile phone can transfer the image to another screen, since not all Android devices have this function.
Now let’s look at the aLGorithm for transferring data from a smartphone to a TV using Miracast.
- Turn on Wi-Fi.
- Activate the transfer from phone to TV using the settings menu or the quick action list. In the first case, select the screen in the TV settings menu, find the list of available devices, select the desired gadget and wait for the connection to be established. In the second case, go to the notifications tab on Android, click the “Broadcast” button and select the signal source found by the TV.
- Wait until “Camera” starts on one of the devices. After that, the data will be sent to the big screen.
Using a USB cable provides access to files stored in the smartphone’s memory, including photos and. Therefore, any image or can be transferred from the phone to the TV. The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Connect the devices with a cable: insert the micro-usb connector into the mobile phone, and into the TV. normal USB.
- If the gadget asks for a connection type, select “USB connection”.
- Set the TV to read media files. In different TV-devices, this mode can be designated in different ways: Home, Source, multimedia, etc.
- Select a file to read and start playback.
- To disable reading files from a mobile, you should change the signal source, say, to terrestrial TV or to another.
How to Display Image from Android Phone to TV: Basic Ways
Modern smartphones with Android OS are equipped with such a variety of functions that they can easily replace a computer for the user. And high-tech cameras allow you to take high-quality photos and record amateurs. Of course, viewing all the memorable moments, showing them to family and friends is much more convenient on the big screen. Therefore, the question of how to display the image from the phone to the TV is becoming more and more relevant. And not everyone knows the answer.
There are 2 ways to connect your phone to your TV: with and without a cable. But the connection aLGorithm depends on the specific equipment. So, some smartphones have HDMI connectivity, while others do not. Therefore, before choosing a method, you need to familiarize yourself with the characteristics of your phone. We will look at the main ways of pairing these two devices.
Wi-Fi Direct Connection
Wi-Fi Direct is available on all modern TV-devices with a Smart function and a Wi-Fi module, as well as in most gadgets. Its role is to synchronize equipment without a dedicated access point. To establish a connection with a TV, you must:
- Turn on Wi-Fi Direct mode on the smartphone, and on the TV. Share. This option is located under the Wireless Connections section. At the same time, TV sees the mobile phone not as a storage device, but as a multimedia device.
- Launch Gallery app on Android and view photos.
Important! This connection method has several disadvantages. Can’t play back via Wi-Fi Direct, and large images will be slow to load.
This is a special “Screen Mirroring” function available on Samsung devices, which allows you to connect to a Samsung TV from a smartphone or tablet from the same manufacturer without a cable. In this case, all user actions on the gadget display will be visible on the TV screen.
Screen Mirroring is available on the following hardware:
- Samsung TVs N, M, Q, LS, K, J, F-series.
- Samsung Galaxy Series Gadgets.
Let’s look at how to activate Screen Mirroring using the example of a Samsung smartphone running Android 9.
- Press the “Source” button on the TV remote control, then select the “Screen Mirroring” signal source. This step is only required for TVs J, F-series, for others you can immediately start from the next step.
- Bring the quick settings panel to the phone’s display by swiping down from the top of the screen and expand it completely.
- Call the menu of additional settings by swiping from left to right.
- Select “Smart View”. The gadget will search for available devices to sync.
- Indicate the TV to which you plan to broadcast.
- The mobile device will start connecting to the samsung TV. If the TV screen prompts you to allow the connection, confirm it.
- The desktop of the phone (tablet) is duplicated on the screen of the TV device.
What to do if OKKO application does not work on TV
If the OKKO application for some reason does not start after connecting, it works slowly, it crashes, and so on, we recommend doing the following:
|Install the latest version of the application.||Make sure you are using the most current version of the program. Update it if necessary.|
|Turn your TV off and on.||After switching off, we recommend that you wait about 30 seconds and then switch the device back on. This will help stabilize it and clear the cache.|
|Reboot your router.||Turn it off for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on.|
|Disconnect other devices from your Wi-Fi network.||The slowdown of OKKO may be caused by the load on the network from other devices.|
|Contact OKKO technical support.||By free phone 8-800-7005533, as well as by e-mail: email@example.com. Outline the essence of the problem and wait for a response from a competent specialist.|
What is OKKO service on TV and what you need to know before connecting
OKKO service offers its users access to high-quality content in HD, Full HD and 4K quality with Dolby 5.1 surround sound. The quality of the available broadcast is limited only by the characteristics of the technique used by the user. The user has access to many films and TV series, from recognized movie hits of the past, to the most relevant new products and premieres. There is also sports content in the form of broadcasts of football matches, interviews, analyzes of past games, which will surely be appreciated by football fans.
You can connect OKKO on the following platforms:
- Smart TV from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Phillips and others;
- On game and media consoles;
- On a variety of PCs;
- On tablets and smartphones based on Android and iOS OS.
Despite the fact that most of the content on the service is available through a paid subscription, you can watch many films and series on your TV for free or for a nominal fee (for example, one ruble).
How to activate OKKO service on TV
You can watch OKKO on your Smart TV by linking your TV to your OKKO account.
The SIMplest connection procedure is as follows:
- Go to okko.tv in the browser on your PC or TV;
- Click on the top right on “Login”;
Enter the code in the special field on the site
How to connect OKKO on TV
OKKO is a popular networked cinema dating back to 2011. It allows you to watch movies and TV shows in excellent quality, both with a paid subscription and absolutely free. Wanting to enjoy the rich content of the service on their TV, many often do not know how to install the application and use its capabilities. Below we will analyze this issue in detail and find out how to connect the OKKO service to our TV. And we will also describe in detail the steps that will be needed for this.
- What is OKKO service on TV and what you need to know before connecting
- How to activate OKKO service on TV
- What to do if OKKO app does not work on TV
The aLGorithm below describes in detail the aLGorithm that allows you to run the OKKO application on your TV and other devices.
Streaming with YouTube
YouTube is considered one of the most popular in terms of content. And it is not at all necessary to constantly watchs on the small screen of your smartphone, because you can turn on the broadcast on the TV.
- Make sure you have YouTube installed on your phone before starting the connection. If not, download and run it.
- Open its settings, activate the Watch on TV function. If everything is done correctly, then an instruction should come out telling what to do next, as well as a field for entering a password.
- Turn on the same application on TV, open its settings and select the option to connect to the phone manually.
- The code that appears on the screen is entered into the field on the smartphone and click “Add”.
- In the list of added devices, choose our own, give consent to broadcast and watch on the TV screen.
How to connect your phone to a TV via Wi-Fi. 5 ways
Of course, it is much more convenient to watch movies, photos and various on the big screen, and not on the phone 4. 5 inches. Modern devices allow data transmission in different ways. But for this you need to know how to connect your phone to a TV via Wi-Fi.
How to connect your phone to a TV via Wi-Fi Direct
The Wi-Fi Direct option is present on almost all devices and it is certainly convenient.
To connect the phone to the TV via Wi-Fi, you need to do some manipulation.
- Open the smartphone settings, go to the Wi-Fi settings and activate the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- We do the same in the TV settings. Be sure to check that the option is operational on all connected devices.
- After activating the program on TV, it finds all available devices for connection. Choosing the right.
- A message appears on the mobile screen with a request. we give permission to connect. We launch the desired file on a smartphone and watch how the image is broadcast on the TV screen.
Using your phone as a media server
To connect your smartphone to TV and use it as a media server, you need to make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and that they support Miracast or DLNA.
- Go to the “Market” on Android, find the DLNA Server application, download it and launch.
- Open the menu, add a new DLNA Server, give it a name in the corresponding line, enter the name of the home Internet.
- We go to the Root menu, mark the folder that can be viewed, save the changes made.
- We return to the main menu of the program, there is now a created media server, click on “Start” and turn it on.
- Go to the TV settings, open the “” section, find the server name there, select it. After that, the selected folders for viewing will appear. Run the file you want and see.
Using Miracast technology
Broadcasting from a phone to a TV can also be carried out using the Wi-Fi Miracast function. It is based on Direct, but more modern and has some advantages. For example, it supports 3D file transfer and has improved the process of transferring large files.
The connection process is exactly the same as described above in the case of Wi-Fi Direct. The option is enabled on both devices. permission is given for the connection. the “picture” is transmitted to the TV.
Just connect it to the HDMI input on your TV and enjoy watching a movie on a big screen.
Third-party applications for connection
There are also some mobile applications that are required when connecting to certain TV models or that work on the mirroring principle. That is, on the TV screen you can see everything that is displayed on the phone.
- Samsung Smart View. This program is recommended for connecting a smartphone with “Samsung Smart TV”. It is a kind of file manager. In addition, the application can be used as a remote control.
- MirrorOp or iMediaShare. Download one of the proposed programs to your device (you can find them in the “Play Store”), run and follow the instructions on the screen.
Please note, before using the applications, connect both devices to the Internet, and to the same network. If your TV does not support wireless technology, purchase an adapter and install it. Also, make sure that the connection speed is high enough to transfer other files normally, otherwise the image on the screen will “freeze” or not be displayed at all.