Via Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct is a feature supported by most smart TV models. It allows you to display the image from the screen of the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro to the TV receiver. To connect in this way, you must:
- Activate Wi-Fi Direct in the “Network” section of the TV settings.
- On the phone, open the settings and go to the Wi-Fi section.
- Press the button with three dots and select Wi-Fi Direct.
- Select your TV receiver in the menu of available devices.
After performing these manipulations, you will need to open the file manager or gallery, select the required file, click the “Share” button and select Wi-Fi Direct as the sending method.
How to connect Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro to TV
Modern technology allows you to perform a variety of operations related to smartphones. Many of them greatly simplify the process of interacting with the device and expand its functionality. In particular, it is possible to connect the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro to a TV. Why you need such a connection, and how to make it?
This method is more complex, but also more functional. If, when connected via USB, a basic set of capabilities opens up before the owner of the devices, allowing the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro to be perceived as an external storage, then when pairing via HDMI, the smartphone’s desktop will be displayed on the receiver’s screen, and the actions performed on the phone will also be displayed. In particular, the launch of certain programs.
The connection will proceed as follows:
- USB plug from MHL adapter or SlimPort plugs into smartphone.
- An HDMI cable connects similar connectors of the adapter and receiver.
- TV settings open, and then a list of available connections.
- The HDMI connector used is selected.
If everything is done correctly, then the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro desktop will be displayed on the TV receiver screen. After that, you can manipulate the smartphone, and the movements will be displayed on the TV receiver.
Wire connection options
Wired methods of connecting Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro to a TV are not the most convenient in view of the use of cables, but at the same time, such options do not require advanced technical equipment of a TV receiver.
What will connect Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro to a TV?
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro is a full-fledged multimedia device that does not require synchronization with home appliances in standard use cases. But sometimes a smartphone needs to be connected to a TV in order to access the following features:
- watching videos on the big screen;
- listening to music through TV speakers;
- gaming on the TV-receiver screen;
- output of the smartphone desktop to TV;
- wireless TV control.
The owner of Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro can complete the list presented by showing his own imagination. But the fact remains that connecting the phone to the TV is a function that is incorporated by the developers in the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro.
You can use several synchronization methods to set up a connection between two devices. Both wired and wireless options are being considered. The choice of a particular method depends on various reasons, including the technical equipment of the home, as well as the functionality of the TV. Therefore, before connecting, it is recommended to consider all possible ways.
Wireless connectivity options
Ways of setting up a connection between devices without using wires are the most convenient and popular. But in order to connect Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro to a TV wirelessly, the latter must support Smart TV technology. Otherwise, you will be able to connect only through the cable.
This is the easiest way to connect your phone to your home screen. To implement it, the owner of Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro will need a USB cable that comes with the device.
How To Pair New Mi Bluetooth Voice Remote || Mi Bluetooth Remote Unboxing & Pairing Tips
Next, you need to insert one part of the cable into the smartphone, and the other into the TV receiver. After that, it remains to open the TV menu using the remote control, and select the involved USB port in the connection menu.
At the same time, the exchange of data with the TV is confirmed on the smartphone itself, choosing the connection as a media device. If everything is done correctly, the TV receiver will detect the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro as an external storage, and using the remote control you will play the photo, audio and video on the TV screen.
Mirakast is another wireless connection technology that has a wider functionality compared to Wi-Fi Direct. For example, on the TV screen, in this case, it is possible to display not only a separate file, but also all movements in the phone menu.
- Activate Miracast in TV settings.
- On the phone, go to the “Screen Mirroring”, “Screen Mirroring” or “Wireless Display” settings (the name may differ depending on the firmware).
- Choose your TV from the available devices.
Then the image from the smartphone screen will be transferred to the TV receiver. Any movement of the user, including the launch of individual games or programs, will be reproduced on the large screen.
If you could not find the Mirakast function in the TV settings with Smart TV, then you should not despair. The technology is supported by all models with a built-in Wi-Fi module. You just need to connect a TV and a smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network, and then activate the wireless display in the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro settings.
You can also use third-party applications from Google Play to perform the operation. For example, AirScreen or Screen Mirroring. There are a lot of similar programs, so finding a suitable one is not difficult.
How to connect to TV
The Xiaomi Mi Box S media player comes with a remote control, power adapter and HDMI cable. Included with the device is also an instruction with illustrations, but there are no explanations in Russian, so many will need an additional guide on connecting and configuring the set-top box.
The set-top box is connected to the TV set using an HDMI cable, the corresponding connector must be present on the TV. If the device does not have an HDMI port, you must take care of purchasing an HDMI-AV converter in advance (the device is not provided with this model of the media player).
Let’s take a step-by-step look at how to connect Mi Box S to a TV:
- Both devices must be de-energized (remove all plugs from sockets).
- Connect the coaxial cable supplied with the Mi Box S. Smart set-top box. Insert one end of the cord into the corresponding port on the media player, the other into the HDMI connector on the TV.
- In the case when the TV set is old and does not have an HDMI connector, you can use an HDMI-AV converter. Then with the help of “tulips” we connect the adapter, then we connect the set-top box via the HDMI cable.
- We turn on both devices. A welcome splash screen appears.
For the equipment to function, it is necessary to provide communication not only between the media player and the TV, you should also provide the set-top box with access to the network using a wired or wireless connection method (this model does not have a LAN connector, but if you wish, you can connect via cable using a USB-LAN adapter ). Batteries or rechargeable batteries must be purchased for the remote control, as the remote control will be required during work.
How to install applications
Installing programs is done in a standard way. we go to the Play Market and enter the name of the required software in the search bar using the virtual keyboard or using the voice assistant (launched from the on-screen menu or from a button on the remote control). Then everything follows the old scheme: select from the list of applications in the results output and click “Install”.
You can manage to download the APK file to your computer and send it to Google Drive, then copy it to the console’s memory and install it. Alternatively, you can also use a USB flash drive to transfer data. Of course, in order not to bother like that every time you need software that is not in the Play Market and to fully use Xiaomi Mi Box S, you need to install a browser.
How to install Aptoide TV browser
The need to install Aptoide is due to the fact that through it you can then easily install programs that you will not find in the Play Market for a set-top box. Installing the Aptoide TV browser on Mi Box S involves downloading the software to a USB flash drive, which you then need to insert into the TV box, then open and launch the application. With it you can watch HD movies and other content for free.
Detailed instructions for installing Aptoide TV on the Xiaomi Mi Box S media player:
- Pre-install X-plore File Manager (program for reading “.APK” files).
- From the settings menu, go to the section “Security”. “Restrictions”.
- In the subsection of unknown sources, we find the installed software by its name, check the box opposite.
- Download Aptoide, drop it onto a USB drive.
- We insert the USB flash drive into the box, open the file manager and start the installation, agreeing to follow the link.
Usually, there are no problems with installing the browser, but in some cases the system may not see the external drive or freeze, which may be due to insufficient memory on the device. Free up space by deleting unnecessary data.
The Android TV operating system installed on the device is tailored for TV and remote control, as well as voice (voice search works in all applications).
Redmi 6 Pro: How to Setup Mi Remote to control TV, AC, Music Player [Hindi]
Among the preinstalled software, there is the only useful tool. Play Market. The app store, by the way, is also different from the usual Play Market for Android, there are programs optimized for Android TV. Not in abundance, of course, but in sufficient quantity.
Connecting and setting up a TV box Xiaomi Mi Box S
TV box on the Android TV 8.1 operating system is an excellent alternative to the built-in Smart TV and allows you to significantly expand the functionality of the TV, turning it into a real home multimedia center with the ability to work on the Internet. One of the best Smart TV box implementations. Xiaomi Mi TV Box S (this is the international version of Mi Box 4).
The 2018 Box with Android TV support, voice control and 4K HDR playback features high performance. The device works on a 4-core processor, 2 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal memory are available, this is enough to perform the tasks for which the equipment is designed.
The Xiaomi Mi Box S prefix, in addition to watching TV, makes it possible to work with various applications and network resources, and allows, including playing, for which many people need a prefix. The interface, services, software, control, etc. in the Android TV OS are sharpened for use on TVs, for this reason, many were attracted by this device model. At the same time, in order to fully use the capabilities of the Smart-set-top box, it is important to configure it correctly.
Full customization of Mi Box
Full customization of the Xiaomi Mi Box S involves the following steps:
- After turning on the Smart-box from the remote control, a welcome message will appear on the screen.
- Choose a language from the list of available languages, in the global version there is Russian.
- The system will offer options for setting up. you can use a mobile device based on Android or a standard control panel.
- In the first case, the devices are synchronized using a verification code, after which the set-top box will automatically copy the accounts and connect to the Internet, then, if everything went well, the main menu of the Android launcher will open.
When choosing the second option, the Xiaomi Mi Box S prefix will be configured in manual mode, but it does not differ in complexity either.
- To configure over the network, select your Wi-fi connection and enter the password.
- We give a name to the prefix, after which it will be offered to install some applications, mark if any from the list are needed.
- Finally, the system will notify the user about the offered features, including the presence of Chromecast (thanks to the technology, you can stream content from smartphones, tablets or laptops to the TV).
- The main menu of the Android launcher will open, where a selection of content from different applications will be available.
Features of IPTV settings
To watch interactive TV in live mode, you will also need to install the appropriate software that supports the playlist format. IPTV Pro, Lazy IPTV, Peers.TV. This can be done using the Aptoide functionality.
Downloading and installing any of the programs is performed as standard, no additional settings are required. All that remains is to load the appropriate playlist into the application by specifying the URL of the TV channel list or by opening a file previously downloaded to the device (usually in the M3U format, but the file may have another extension, the main thing is that the format is supported). In addition, in-app feeds are available.