How to connect your phone to a TV via USB
- Suitable phone: Android smartphone, regular mobile phone.
- Which TV will work: Any with a USB port.
- What else you need: USB cable.
The easiest way to connect, allowing you to use your mobile device as a flash drive. True, only media files stored in the phone’s memory can be reproduced: photos, and audio.
How to connect your phone to a TV via Wi-Fi Direct
- Which phone is right for you: Android smartphone.
- Suitable TV: Wi-Fi Direct.
- What else is needed: nothing.
A wireless connection in which a mobile device and a compatible TV are connected directly via Wi-Fi, without the need for a router. TV in this case acts as an access point to which the smartphone is connected. And you can transfer media files to the big screen using the standard Send menu.
How to connect your phone to a TV via HDMI
Mac Time YouTube Channel
- Suitable phone: Android smartphone, iPhone.
- Which TV is Right: Any with HDMI.
- What else you need: a phone-compatible HDMI cable or adapter.
This option allows you to use the TV as an external display while playing games, watching movies and surfing the Internet. The picture from the mobile device is mirrored, that is, everything that happens on the smartphone screen is displayed on the TV.
Depending on the phone connector, you will need an appropriate adapter or cable to connect. On the one hand, it will have an HDMI connector, and on the other, microUSB, Lightning or USB-C. In the mode of broadcasting the image, the device is quickly discharged, so usually adapters have a connector for charging.
Before purchasing a USB-C adapter, please make sure your smartphone supports output.
7 ways to connect your phone to your TV
USB, HDMI, Wi-Fi. choose what you like best and watch content on the big screen.
What to do
Connect your TV to your phone using a USB cable.
Select the USB port on the TV as the Source.
If necessary, confirm the connection mode on the phone.
The large screen will display the folder structure or list of files that the TV has scanned and recognized. What exactly you see will depend on the device model.
Use the remote to navigate and view.
What to do
- Open the network settings on the TV and turn on the Wi-Fi Direct function.
- On your smartphone, go to Settings → Wireless networks → Wi-Fi → Wi-Fi Direct.
- After scanning for available devices, select your TV.
- Use the “Send” menu on your smartphone to transfer photos and audio to TV.
What to do
- Connect your smartphone and TV with a compatible cable. If you are using an adapter, insert it into the gadget and connect a regular HDMI cable from the TV to it.
- Select the appropriate HDMI port as the source for TV.
- The image will automatically appear on the TV. If this does not happen, open the smartphone settings and change the screen resolution.
How to connect phone to TV via DLNA
- Which phone is right for you: Android smartphone.
- Which TV is Right: Any DLNA-enabled TV.
- What else is needed: nothing.
This time the connection is made through a router. In this case, the TV can connect to the home network with a cable, and the smartphone can be connected via Wi-Fi.
DLNA capabilities allow you to view media files from your mobile device on a large screen.
Most of the LG TVs have Internet access thanks to the Smart platform. In addition to directly connecting the TV to a cable, you can set up a connection through a router and surf the Internet via Wi-Fi.
The advantage of connecting through a router is that it is possible to access the world network SIMultaneously from different devices.
How to connect Wi-Fi to LG?
How to connect Wi-Fi to LG TV
To connect your LG TV to Wi-Fi, your TV must have a built-in Wi-Fi module. If this module is missing, then you need to purchase a Wi-Fi adapter.
Many manufacturers (including LG) produce branded adapters for connecting to Wi-Fi. Regular USB adapters (such as TP-Link, D-Link) SIMply do not work in the TV.
By clicking on the link, you can see how the device looks like. Note that its price is several times higher than usual adapters for a computer.
- Find in the instructions from the TV if your model has a built-in Wi-Fi module. If so, go to step two. If not, connect the Wi-Fi adapter to the TV via the USB connector;
- Then go to the network settings of the TV and select the “Network settings: wireless” tab by pressing the “OK” button on the remote control;
- Next, the screen will display three connection methods:
- “Setting from the list of access points (AP)”. Choose this connection method if you know the name of your home Wi-Fi network and the password.
- “Easy Installation (WPS Button Mode)”. This connection method must be selected if your router also supports WPS mode (in this case, the device will have a WPS button). Select this tab on the TV screen and press the button on the router (hold your finger for 10 seconds). Next, the network will be automatically configured.
- “Network Setting (Ad-hoc)”. This type of connection allows you to connect your TV to a computer without Internet access.
Accordingly, if you have selected the second and third connection types, then the devices will be configured automatically. If you chose the first method, then read the instructions below:
- Selecting the tab “Setting from the list of access points (AP)”, you will see a list of all networks available at the point of installation of the TV. Choose the name of your network;
- In the case of using a hidden network, you must select the “Enter a new SSID” tab and enter the name of your network manually by typing characters on the TV remote control;
- If necessary, you need to enter a password, also typing characters on the remote control;
- Next, the TV will check the settings and display a message about the TV’s connection to the Wi-Fi network.
The router can be connected to the TV not only wirelessly, but also with a cable.
Wired connection to router
Let’s look at how to connect an LG TV to a router using a cable. And note that the wired connection is more reliable, although it has a drawback. presence of wires.
- Connect the network cable to the LAN connector on the back of the TV and the connector on the router;
- Press the “Home” button on the TV remote control and select the “Settings” tab;
- Then go to the “Network” tab and select “Network Setup: Wired”;
- In most cases, network configuration is done automatically;
- If you need to register IP and DNS addresses, then select the “Manual IP setting” mode and enter the addresses by typing characters on the remote control;
- Then click the “Ok” button;
- The TV will check the settings and display a message indicating that the TV is connected to the network.
How to connect a TV to Wi-Fi via PBC
If the access point has a PBC button, the procedure is as follows:
- Connect TV receiver with Wi-Fi adapter.
- Turn it on, press MENU on the remote control, use the ▲ buttons and go to the “Settings” section.
- Select the menu item “Network”.
- Enter the type “Wireless”.
- Open the menu item “Network settings”.
- Press the red button on the remote control.
- Within 2 min. hold down the PBC button on the access point. The TV receiver will automatically receive the required settings and will connect to the network.
- Press the RETURN button to exit.
Manual network configuration
To enter the values of the network connection manually, you must perform the following operations:
- Perform steps 1 to 5 of the PBC (WPS) setup.
- Select “Internet Protocol Configuration” and “Manual”.
- Go to input field.
- Enter the IP address using the numeric buttons on the remote control.
- To move to the next field, press either the other arrow buttons to navigate down, up and back.
- Enter subnet mask and gateway.
- Go to the DNS input field. Enter numbers as above.
- When finished with the ▲ button, go to network selection.
- Then press ENTER.
- Go to step 4 of automatic setup and follow further instructions.
To connect to a network, the TV must communicate with a Wi-Fi access device (modem, router). If it supports DHCP, then a static IP address and DHCP can be used to connect to Smart TV.
You need to select an unused communication channel. If the frequency is occupied by another nearby device, it will cause interference and loss of connection.
The use of security systems other than the following is not supported.
According to the new Wi-Fi certificate specifications, modern TVs do not support 802.11N high bandwidth mode and the encryption type WEP, TKIP or TKIPAES.
With WPS, the network connection is made by pressing the PBC button or by entering the PIN code. SSID and WPA key will be configured automatically.
If not certified, the device cannot be connected to a television receiver.
Wi-Fi connection can be made in the following ways:
- auto-configuration for devices not produced by the TV receiver manufacturer;
- PBC (WPS);
- auto-tuning using automatic network search;
- manual installation;
- SWL for Samsung devices.
The Wi-Fi adapter may not be recognized or work properly when connected to a third-party hub or USB cable.
Communication with a mobile device is possible without the mediation of a router. This function becomes available when SWL is disabled.
- Direct connection of a new device
- Follow steps 1 to 6 in Setting up using PBC (WPS).
- Call up the list of devices and networks through the menu item “Network selection”.
- Press the blue button on the remote control.
- The message “Wi-Fi Direct to Mobile Phone or Computer. The network may have limited functionality. Do you want to change your network connection? “
- Enter SSID and Security Key on the Access Point to be connected.
- Direct connection of an existing device
- You need to complete steps 1 to 6 of PBC (WPS) setup.
- Open the list via the “Network selection” menu item.
- Enter the desired device.
- If a security key is required, write it down. If the network is not working properly, you should check your login and PIN. Incorrect key can lead to malfunctioning of the device.
How to connect a TV to Wi-Fi: settings, instructions. Smart TV
You can connect the TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi using a wireless router or a modem and a wireless network adapter connected to the USB connector of the TV receiver.
If other methods do not work, you must enter the network parameters manually. You must first obtain the connection data. To do this, on a Windows computer, perform the following actions:
- Right-click on the network icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- In the pop-up menu, select “Status”.
- Go to the “Support” tab.
- After clicking the “Details” button, the network settings will be displayed.
Configuring using plug and play
- Place an access point (AP) and TV nearby and turn them on. Since loading times can vary, you may need to wait about two minutes. Before connecting the TV to the Wi-Fi router, you need to make sure that the network cable is connected to the router port. Otherwise, auto-configuration will only verify the connection with the access point, and there will be no confirmation of the Internet connection.
- After a few minutes, connect the adapter to the TV. After that, a pop-up window will appear.
- After connecting, place the router parallel to the network adapter no further than 25 cm from it.
- You need to wait until the automatic connection occurs. Otherwise, a window with a message about the malfunction will appear on the screen. To try again, you need to reboot the router, disconnect the adapter, and start again from step 1. You can also choose another connection method: auto, manual or PBC.
- Place the AP in the desired location. If its parameters have changed, or a new access point is configured, the steps must be repeated from the beginning.
Image distortion may occur on some channels when connected via Wi-Fi. This can be eliminated by placing the adapter in a location free from interference:
- via USB angled connection;
- using an extension cord.
In the latter case, the wireless network adapter must be installed in an area where there is no interference from the tuner. Connect an extension cable to it and to the USB port. Secure at the top back of the TV receiver with double-sided tape.
This function makes it possible to connect modern TVs to an access point that supports PBC. Connection can be established without a Wi-Fi router.
Before connecting the TV to Wi-Fi, the access point must already be connected to the wireless network.
Normal operation of the adapter is possible only with the USB 1 port. Devices using the 2.4 GHz frequency are supported. 5 GHz frequency not applicable.
Direct connection of the TV receiver to a PBC-enabled device is possible when SWL is set to On and the Wi-Fi adapter is plugged into the USB port.
To connect using SWL, you need to do the following:
- Perform steps 1-5 of the PBC setup.
- Select SWL and press ENTER to enable it.
- Open “SWL Connection”.
- If the message “Press the PBC button of the device to be connected for 120 seconds” appears, you need to do the following. For more information, refer to the operating instructions.
- Once the TV is connected to the network, the countdown window will automatically close. If the connection fails, try again after 2 minutes.
Connecting a TV via Wi-Fi
If you already have a configured wireless network, then connecting the TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi will not be difficult. It doesn’t matter if the TV receiver has an integrated or external Wi-Fi adapter. To be able to view the content of the world wide web, you need to go to the settings menu, where you select the network item. Its settings will offer a choice of two options:
- cable connection.
You need to select the first option, and then start the scanning process. The TV will display a list of all available connections on the screen. Among them, you need to go to your access point. The name of the network can be indicated by the name of the router used or specified in the settings of a computer or laptop. If the general access to the network is closed, then you will need to enter the password.
Having connected the TV to the Internet via a router, you need to check for a signal. To do this, you can open a browser or any available application. It should be noted that to view high-quality resource-intensive content online, you will need a stable data transfer rate of at least 30 Mbps.
Ways to connect your TV to the Internet
Interactive television provides users with great opportunities. Now you can schedule TV viewing, compose your own program, record your favorite sports events and movies, and remotely monitor their release. In addition, smart TVs have a basic set of popular Internet sites and social networks that can be viewed on the big screen.
There are two ways to connect your TV to the Internet:
- wireless connection of a TV receiver;
- connecting a TV with a cable.
Before you start using the worldwide network, you need to prepare and clarify the technical capabilities of your home equipment. To use Wi-Fi, your TV must have a built-in wireless module. Its availability can be checked upon purchase or in the device passport.
If this module is missing, then you will need an external Wi-Fi adapter that connects to the TV receiver via USB input. It is better to purchase such a module taking into account the manufacturer’s recommendations for each TV model. You will also need an internet access point. It can be a router or a computer with a configured wireless network.
How to connect your TV to the Internet
The latest generation TVs are very different from their predecessors. This is evident in the improved picture quality and the TV receiver screens are even thinner. But with the development of Internet communications, the world wide web has become available to every user. Television faded into the background because people were more attracted by the variety of content on the world wide web.
TV manufacturers had to react to this fact. As a result, all modern models of TV receivers have the Smart TV function and are adapted for using Internet resources. But no matter what advanced technologies they use, each TV is not able to autonomously connect to the network. To do this, you need to make certain settings and use additional equipment.
How to connect a TV to the Internet via cable
If your TV with Smart TV function does not have a built-in or external Wi-Fi adapter, then you can connect the Internet to it using a wired connection. There are two ways to do this:
- direct cable connection;
- cable connection from a router.
If you have cable Internet in your apartment or house, you can connect it to the TV directly. But for this your ISP must use dynamic IP address technology. It should be borne in mind that by connecting a single cable to the TV, you will not be able to use the Internet on other devices.
In addition, most Internet service companies bind the user to a specific MAC address. In this case, the connection is possible through a router or router in which the network is already configured. To do this, you need to connect a TV to it with a cable.
On many models, an information window appears immediately indicating that the cable connection is active. If this did not happen, then it must be activated in the network settings. Then you can use the Internet.
How to connect a TV with Smart TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi? For example LG 32LN575U
Hello friends! Now, the topic of TVs with Smart TV function is very popular. It’s really cool and convenient, but many people have problems connecting these TVs to the Internet. I wrote in this article about the ways in which you can connect a TV to the World Wide Web, where I wrote that you need to do this.
In this article, I want to tell you more and show how to connect your TV to the Internet using Wi-Fi wireless technology. In this way, you can connect in the case when your TV has a Wi-Fi function, or you bought and connected an external Wi-Fi receiver (in the article, the link to which is above, I talked about this).
Nowadays, many TVs are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi receiver. It is very convenient, there is no need to lay any cables, etc.
- The TV itself with built-in Wi-Fi (or with an external receiver)
- Well, the Wi-Fi network itself, the installed router, for example, this https://f1comp.ru/sovety/kak-podklyuchit-i-nastroit-wi-fi-router-tp-link-tl-wr841n-instrukciya-s-kartinkami /. Perhaps you do not have a router, but there are open networks, or networks for which you have a password. And one more thing, if you can’t connect to an open network, then do not rush to throw off all the problems on your device, perhaps filtering by MAC address is SIMply enabled there.
We connect Smart TV to Wi-Fi
Unfortunately, I can only show you how to do this on an LG TV. The process itself, on other popular TVs such as Samsung, SONY, Philips, Toshiba, does not differ much.
Turn on your TV and open settings. There is a special button on the remote for this.
Go to the Networking tab and select Network Connection.
Then we see a small instruction. Click the “Configure connection” button.
Select the desired wireless network from the list.
Now we need to provide a password to connect to the wireless network.
If you entered the password correctly, and your network is working well, then you should see a message that the TV is connected to a wireless network. Just click the Finish button. If you have forgotten your network password.
If you are prompted to enter IP and DNS, then leave everything on “Automatic”. Also, a network map may be built.
That’s it, you can use all the functions of Smart TV technology! If you turn on Smart TV mode, then you will see an icon that indicates that the TV is connected to the Internet.
So, everything is very SIMple and straightforward. If you have a different model, or even a different manufacturer, then I think that problems should not arise. And if there are any difficulties, then write in the comments, we will sort it out together.
I connected the TV via TP-Link TL-WR841N (5 more devices were connected with it). My Internet speed is up to 15 Mb / s, the real speed is 2 Mb / s. I did not notice any problems with Smart TV. from YouTube and other services shows perfectly and without delays.
Options for connecting a MacBook to a TV
Conventionally, all existing methods can be divided into two groups. wireless and wired. The necessary cords and adapters are not included in the basic set of TVs and laptops. Therefore, they will have to be purchased separately. How do I connect my Mac to a TV? The user must make the decision on his own. Much depends on how exactly and in what mode the TV will be used.
Note that the TV model is of no fundamental importance. Connecting a MacBook to a Samsung or Sony TV will not be any different. All available options allow the TV to be used as a large monitor. This means that the laptop acts as a projector.
MacBooks are focused on syncing with other Apple technology. Therefore, if you do not plan to use devices from other manufacturers, then you will have to perform a few additional steps to avoid compatibility problems. Let’s get down to business. First, let’s look at how to connect a MacBook to TV via HDMI.
Via HDMI cable
Absolutely all modern TV models are equipped with an HDMI interface. Therefore, this method of equipment synchronization can be called a priority. Creating a connection will not pose any particular difficulties. Since the whole process is reduced to connecting the cable plugs to the appropriate connectors.
If you have never connected any devices to a laptop before, then start by examining the ports for signal transmission. The location of the interfaces may vary according to the MacBook model. To set up your iMac via HDMI, plug the cable into the connector on the back of the device. the output on the MacBook Pro is on the left and on the MacBook Air on the right. The Mini-Display port where the HDMI adapter is inserted looks slightly different.
When all the necessary cables and adapters are prepared, it’s time to move on to connecting your MacBook to your TV. To do this, follow these SIMple step-by-step instructions:
- Insert the HDMI adapter into the output port on your Mac laptop.
- Connect the plug of the HDMI cable to the adapter.
- The other end of the cord must be inserted into the corresponding socket of the TV, which is located on the side or on the back panel.
- If the laptop was turned off then turn it on.
- Take your TV remote and select “HDMI” as the source.
Modern TV models are equipped with 5-6 HDMI interfaces. Analyze them. Select the port that will allow the audio and signal transmission. Synchronization is complete when the laptop’s desktop appears on the large screen. Now you know how to connect your MacBook to your TV.
If you are satisfied with the default settings, then you can move on to playing content. However, keep in mind that at this stage the TV is being used as an external display. To view content through applications, you need to perform a few additional steps. As a result, the functionality of the device will increase significantly.
We should also talk about sound reproduction. By default, audio is not sent to TV. Therefore, the sound is played through the laptop speakers. It is very uncomfortable. Therefore, it is better to do an in-depth adjustment so that the sound is played through the more powerful TV speakers.
As noted earlier, the MacBook initially uses the TV as an external display. The laptop’s desktop is displayed on a large screen. This is a good option for those users who need a large external monitor. However, if you want to watch TV shows, variouss and films, run games, then it makes sense to think about setting up mirroring.
Mirroring setup instructions:
- Open the section with the system parameters of the laptop.
- Select the “Display” section.
- Switch to the “Options” tab.
- Check the box next to “Synchronize monitors”.
- Save your changes.
This setting is ideal if you are using a TV that is capable of playing 720p content. To view in high definition (1080p.) Format, you need to reduce the resolution or use an external screen as the main one. Otherwise, the symmetry of the picture will be broken.
Instructions for changing the parameters of the main display:
- Connect laptop to TV using HDMI interface.
- Open the system preferences on the laptop.
- Select the “Display” section.
- Switch to the “Options” tab.
- Move the white line from the small display (laptop) to the large external monitor (TV).
This is how the TV turns into the main screen.
The configuration system proposed above will significantly change the configuration of devices. The computer screen will be used as a desktop. The TV will become the main desktop, which displays the menu and all kinds of applications.
We figured out the setting. It’s time to talk about sound. If the laptop is not connected to a powerful audio system or speakers with excellent sound, then it is better that the audio signal is played by the TV. MacBook’s built-in speakers fail to deliver clear, natural sound.
If the TV and laptop are synchronized via HDMI, then the sound needs to be manually adjusted. When the cable is inserted into the appropriate connectors, and the laptop’s desktop is displayed on the large screen, you need to do the following:
- Open the basic parameters of the operating system macOS;
- Select the section called “Sound”.
- Go to the “Output” tab.
- In the list that opens, find the item “Type”.
- Select HDMI and then save changes.
The output tab predominantly displays the TV model number and series. Not every user knows exactly the name of the technique he uses. Therefore, it is wiser to focus on the inscription “HDMI”, and not on a little-known combination of Latin letters and numbers.
Connecting MacBook to TV via Wi-Fi and HDMI
Synchronizing laptop and TV will allow you to view content on the big screen. A regular laptop running on Windows OS will not be difficult to connect to a TV. However, we are talking about a device from Apple. Therefore, the synchronization process will be significantly different. Few of the users know how to connect a MacBook to a TV.
Now let’s analyze the specifics of connecting Apple laptops to TV. The suggested options are suitable for MacBook Air and other devices. Follow the instructions carefully to achieve the big screen display. Many users are faced with certain problems. we will analyze them, and also offer effective solutions.
With a wireless connection of a TV and laptop, everything is much more complicated. To display the image on the TV via Wi-Fi, in the “Screen Mirroring” mode, you need to use a proprietary Apple TV set-top box. Instructions:
- Connect your laptop and set-top box to your home wireless Wi-Fi network.
- Open the laptop operating system settings.
- Go to the “Displays” section.
- In the line “AirPlay Display”, select “Apple TV”.
- Apply and save your changes.
Connecting a TV via Apple TV will allow you to stream from your Safari browser and Quick Time player. You can also use the TV as a monitor, as is the case with the HDMI connection. Please note that for wireless syncing, the laptop must be updated to macOS 10.8 or higher.
What if there is no Apple set-top box? There are alternative ways to synchronize using special software. The bottom line is to create a DLNA server for the subsequent wireless transfer of content from a laptop to a large TV screen.
There are many different programs. For users who do not want to get confused in a large number of parameters, but SIMply broadcast photos to the TV screen, it is worth downloading the PS3 Media Server utility. Instructions for creating a DLNA server:
- Go to the “Navigation / Sharing” tab.
- In the field at the very bottom, specify the path to the directory containing movies, music, series. Multiple folders can be specified.
- Save the settings and just run the file you want.
There is nothing difficult in this setting. You just need to follow the instructions.
What if the displayed image is too small or black streaks appear? The best option is to scale the screen. Not all content is automatically stretched to full screen. Therefore, after setting up the connection, the user will be faced with the fact that a black frame appears on the sides.
SIMilar problems appear in the process of streaming various movies and TV series. The image quality will also be unsatisfactory. This is due to the low resolution. If you use VLC or Quick Time players, then everything can be solved by playing content in 1.5x or 2x resolution. Therefore, you can do without screen scaling if such functions are available to you.
First, you should activate the screen scaling option, if you have not done so previously:
- Open the laptop operating system settings.
- Go to the “Accessibility” section.
- Switch to the “Zoom” tab.
- Activate zoom functions.
- Save changes.
To start playing content, start the player. Move the mouse cursor to the center. You can now use the scaling function to minimize black bars on the sides and top and bottom. You can also do this work with gestures. Swipe on the “Control” key, and then change the picture by lifting two fingers up or down. zoom in and out, respectively.
The quality of the broadcast image should increase significantly. It is impossible to solve the problem of low resolution 100%. However, getting rid of black bars is absolutely real. In some situations, changing the zoom factor in the browser can also give the result if the content is played online.
There is nothing difficult in syncing an Apple laptop and a TV. To set up an image broadcast, you need to follow the instructions provided. Additional steps can help resolve audio playback and poor picture quality issues.
Cable connection to the router
After such a connection, the TV should display the words “wired network connection established”. That is, all parameters were automatically configured. If you need to enter the parameters manually, then we go along this path in Smart TV: Home. Settings. Network. Setting the “wired”.
If you need to manually enter the IP address and DNS server, then enter them on this page using the remote control. If everything is correct, the TV will display a message that the connection is established.
Connecting LG TVs to the Internet
Modern LG TVs have the ability to access the Internet, and to use this opportunity, most models have a Smart TV platform. It is through Smart TV that the TV receiver interacts with services on the Internet, such as watching movies, communicating on social networks, installing applications from sites, etc.
You can connect your TV to the Internet if you already have a cable from your provider, for example, you already have a computer with Internet access. The Internet must provide a speed of at least 5 Mbps to be able to watch online movies in high definition. You can either connect the TV directly to the cable entering the apartment, but then other devices will not be able to use the Internet, or connect a Wi-Fi router and set up an Internet connection through it.
There are several ways to connect your TV to the Internet:
- 1) Directly to the provider’s cable;
- 2) Through an external router. by cable or by creating a wireless connection, then:
- a) Using the internal Wi-Fi module, connect to your home Wi-Fi network;
- b) Using a Wi-Fi adapter, connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
Connecting via a Wi-Fi router
A Wi-Fi router is used to connect multiple devices to one internet channel. That is, you have an input cable from the provider, and you connect this cable to the router, and then connect all the necessary devices (computer, laptop, TV, etc.) to the outputs of the router. You can connect devices to the router, either using a cable or wirelessly Wi-Fi. In any case, you need to configure such connections using the information from the instructions.
Such a connection through a router is the most optimal. After all, you can connect many devices using just one type of setting. At the same time, routers are able to support any type of connection with the provider and you do not have to look for solutions, as in the previous case with a direct connection of the TV to the provider.
A cable connection is more reliable than a wireless connection, but the disadvantage is the presence of cables in the room. And the wireless one must provide a good signal level at the receiving point, otherwise the connection to the Internet may be lost.
Wireless connection with a Wi-Fi router
If there is a Wi-Fi module or you connected an adapter, then after going into the network settings of the TV, as written in the previous paragraph, you will see the following item available: “Network settings: wireless”.
After going into the wireless network settings, you can make settings in one of three options.
- 1) Setting from the list of access points (AP). select this item if you know the name of the Wi-Fi network and the password to it;
- 2) Easy installation (WPS mode). this item can be selected if the router also supports it (then the router must have a WPS button). Select this item and on the router press the button for 15 seconds, and everything will be automatically configured;
- 3) Network setting (Ad-hoc). used to communicate with a computer without Internet access.
By selecting the item “Setting from the list of access points” you will see all the networks available at that moment at the point of installation of the TV. Choose your network from the list and, if required, enter the password (you make the password in the router settings for 8 characters from numbers and letters of the Latin alphabet). If the network name is encrypted, then enter the network name. The name of the network and the password to it are indicated when setting up the router, then you write down this data for yourself to enter on the connected devices. If everything is entered correctly, the TV will display a message about the wireless network connection and an icon with the Wi-Fi signal strength will be visible.
Connecting the TV directly to the provider’s cable is possible but not recommended. First, you won’t be able to use the internet on other devices. Although new TVs have the ability to create an access point, that is, the TV itself will distribute the Internet to other devices. But still it is worse than using specialized equipment, the same external router. Secondly, not all TVs have this connectivity. After all, each provider uses a different technology for connecting to the network. There are several such technologies and TVs do not support the entire set of such connections, so it may turn out that your TV is not compatible with your provider, and it will not work to directly connect the TV receiver to the Internet. For example, not all TVs support PPPoE, L2TP, PPTP technologies, but “dynamic IP” technology can be used on many TV sets.
In any case, you will have to manually enter data on the TV. The most common are the IP address and DNS servers. If the provider binds the connection to the MAC address, then in the information on the TV you find this MAC address and inform the provider. In order to find out the MAC address of the TV, go to the “Support” section, there select the item “product information” and there, among the various data, there will be a MAC address.
Wi-Fi adapter for LG TV
Firms TV manufacturers in their TV sets have made it possible to use an external Wi-Fi module to create a wireless network. Only now they did it in such a way that ordinary Wi-Fi modules do not work with TVs, such modules are produced for use in computers. LG did the same, it released its own Wi-Fi adapter (external module) called LG AN-WF100. The price of such a module is about 30. whereas the models of such modules for a computer are 3 times cheaper.
The LG AN-WF100 adapter is connected to the USB 2.0 connector, and provides speeds up to 300 Mbps. Supports the following communication standards: IEEE 802.11a / b / g / n.