A wireless connection is the best option. In principle, the algorithm for connecting a TV via a Wi-Fi adapter is the same as in the case of a cable. Except for a few important nuances:
- there is no need to pull the Ethernet cable from the router to the LAN port of the TV;
- in the process of software setup, you must select a wireless connection to a Samsung TV, LG TV or a device from any other manufacturer.
Manufacturers of television equipment strongly recommend giving preference to this particular option. Why? Let’s find out now.
First, you can connect additional devices, such as a tablet or smartphone. Synchronizing equipment will make the process of use even more convenient and practical. Secondly, you do not have to pull the cable through the entire apartment or house. Thirdly, if the cable is not properly “crimped”, then malfunctions may occur. In the case of a wireless connection, this is completely excluded.
How to connect the Internet on the TV via Wi-Fi if a username and password are set? Almost always, after setting up the television equipment and choosing the type of connection, a window appears on the screen in which you need to specify your login and password. It would seem, what is so difficult here? But what if you don’t have a remote keyboard at hand? Although modern TVs will display a keyboard, and with the help of it it will be possible to enter data, it is not very convenient to do this.
To connect Smart TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi, use WPS. The essence of this algorithm is to confirm the connection without a username and password. When the authorization window appears, on the back of the router, press the thin button called WPS. As a result, authorization will be confirmed without entering a password.
What will give the TV connection to the Internet
Why waste your free time on this? The fact is that having access to the World Wide Web opens up an extensive list of additional options for the user:
- online playback of media content;
- Internet surfing;
- video calls via Skype and various messengers;
- launching applications and video games;
- watching sports broadcasts, news, TV programs, etc.
As you can see, connecting your LG TV to the Internet or a device from another manufacturer is definitely worth it. Since then you will be able to fully use the functionality of the technique. Naturally, you first need to choose a connection method, which will be discussed later.
If the TV does not connect to the Internet, and you followed all the instructions exactly, then contact the specialists who are setting up. they will solve the problem.
Instructions for connecting any TV to the Internet
The process of connecting television equipment to the World Wide Web does not require special skills and experience, everyone can handle this work. In many ways, the procedure has been simplified by equipment manufacturers who produce high-quality devices with a simple setup system and an intuitively accessible interface. It is very easy to figure out how to connect a TV to the Internet.
Smart TVs have a direct connection to the Internet, they are equipped with a special platform, as well as a wide package of pre-installed applications, including a browser. For example, models running on the Android operating system provide the ability to download software from Google Play.
How do TVs without Smart TV connect to the Internet? Even the most ordinary plasma TV can be connected to the Internet, for this you need to first purchase a special Android set-top box. There are several ways to connect to the Internet, let’s look at the main ones to find out which option is the most effective.
What you need to connect
- Internet connection;
- instructions for the TV;
- network cable (if the TV does not have Wi-Fi).
If you have all this, then you can use one of the two available ways to connect TV to the Internet. Let’s consider them. The direct method is characterized by additional difficulties, since it involves connecting the Internet cable to the Ethernet connector. after all, it needs to be beautifully brought to the TV.
An alternative is a wireless connection (Wi-Fi). Naturally, this method is considered simpler and more affordable. Cables won’t get in the way.
Of course, you can connect the Internet to the TV by simply plugging the cable into the appropriate connector. However, if you need to enter a login and password, as well as additional server data, then web pages will not be loaded. All modern models of television equipment have a system for connecting to the network almost similar to a computer, but there are still certain differences. Therefore, it is wiser to connect a router to the TV. How to connect a TV to the Internet via a modem?
Step-by-step instructions for connecting a TV to the Internet via a router:
- Purchase and connect a router, if it has not been done before.
- Connect the Internet cable to the WAN connector located on the router.
- Next, you need to configure the router so that it connects to the Internet. This process depends on your ISP and router model. To do this, you need to connect to the router via a computer or laptop, using a different Ethernet cable, or via Wi-Fi. To open the settings panel, usually in the address bar of the browser you need to enter a combination of numbers 192.168.1.1 (0.1.).
- When the router is configured and the devices connected to it (computer, laptop, smartphone) access the Internet, you can start connecting the TV.
- We take a network cable and connect one end of it to the LAN connector of the TV, and the other to one of the free inputs on the router.
- When the bi-directional patch cord is connected, the corresponding load indicator on the router will light up, which is responsible for the selected port.
- When everything is done correctly, you can start programming the TV.
- We go to the main menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control (Menu or Keypad).
- Open the “Network” section and select the “Network Settings” subsection.
- Select the connection mode, in our case “Connection via cable” or “LAN”.
Actually, on this, the connection process can be considered complete. It remains to wait until the end of the automatic configuration of the direct connection, and also click “OK”.
Connecting a TV without Smart TV
If you want to set up access to the World Wide Web on the most ordinary TV, then you may have certain problems. This applies not only to the implementation process, but also to additional financial costs. However, it is still possible to achieve the result.
The best option is to buy a Smart set-top box, which has its own operating system. As a result, an ordinary TV will become “smart”. The cost of pumping depends on the box you choose.
Naturally, the most popular are set-top boxes running on the Android OS. First, they have a low price tag. Secondly, they are more familiar to the domestic user. expensive and better solution. Apple TV.
As for the process of attaching a set-top box, it is quite simple:
- We connect the device to the network.
- We connect the TV and TV box using an HDMI cable.
- Press on the remote control “Search for external source” and select the connected device.
- Setting up a network connection.
The software setup procedure directly depends on which particular set-top box the user chooses. They differ not only in hardware characteristics, but also in functionality, the number of pre-installed applications.
Using a prefix, we connect to a Wi-Fi router. If you need to specify a username and password, then log in using the WPS button. Although it is already much easier to enter the data for authorization in the STB.
How to connect a TV to the Internet without a set-top box? Whether it’s LG, Samsung or another, it doesn’t matter. If you have no desire to spend money on the purchase of additional equipment. set-top boxes, then you should consider alternative options. For example, connecting a TV to a laptop or computer using HDMI.
The functionality will be the same as in the case of Smart TV, however, you will significantly save on financial costs, since the average It is no wonder that most users consider this method of connecting ordinary TV to the Internet to be the most effective.
Internet connection methods
There are several ways to connect the TV to the network, for example, via a Wi-Fi router, using a special adapter or via a cable. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages. Let’s consider each of them in detail.
You can also watch a video describing instructions for the most popular TV brands:
How to connect Wi-Fi on LG TV: 3 ways, instructions
Greetings to our regular readers and visitors of the portal! In the age of high technologies, human life becomes more comfortable with each new invention. Electronics manufacturers are increasingly coming up with smart features and integrating them into devices. One of the well-known and popular options is Smart TV. Let’s figure out what Smart TV is and how to connect an LG TV to the Internet. Go!
How to connect via a router?
This is the most optimal way of all. New modern LG TVs with Smart TVs usually have a built-in Wi-Fi module. The main advantage of this option is the wireless connection. It is done through a Wi-Fi router.
Here is the sequential procedure for setting up a network connection:
- Turn on the router.
- Turn on your LG TV and go to settings.
- Open the “Network Connection” section.
- Select your wireless connection type.
- Find your hotspot, enter the password and save the settings.
Connecting your TV to the Internet
The routers also have a WPS button. Its work is similar to the action of a key from an intercom. By pressing this button on the gadget to be connected to the network, and then on the same button on the router, within 15 seconds, the connection to Wi-Fi will occur automatically.
This option will take longer. over, from the conductor from which the connection to the Internet is supplied, it is possible to connect to only one device. If you have a laptop or computer, then you will have to choose one device on which the Internet will be stable. If you connect a TV via a cable, you will have to make an access point out of it.
If you still chose this method, then the connection instructions are as follows:
- The LAN wire connects to the router on one side and to the TV on the other.
- After that, a connection notification window will appear on the screen.
- Go to the settings in the “Network” section and select “Wired Ethernet connection”.
- Now your device goes online.
Smart TV is the integration of the Internet into a device such as a TV. With this function, you have ample opportunities to use various resources. For example, watching movies, surfing the Internet, accessing social networks, applications and much more.
So, what is needed to connect our LG TV with Smart TV to the Internet:
Wireless connection if the TV does not have a WI-FI module
If your device does not have a built-in module, then buy a special adapter. It costs about 2,000 rubles. You need to buy an adapter suitable for your model.
To set up a network connection on your LG device, you need to:
- Turn on the router that distributes the Internet.
- Connect the WI-FI adapter to the back of the TV.
- A connection notification window will appear on the TV screen.
- Go to the settings in the “Network”. “Wireless connection”.
- As in the first method, find the name of your network and connect to it.
Tips & Tricks
- When setting up the Internet, there is a step where you need to enter certain data for your server. If automatic configuration (default setting) is available to you, good. But it happens that you have to enter the IP address, mask, etc. manually. These numbers are indicated when concluding an agreement on establishing an Internet access point for you. That is, you will need to find this document and enter the necessary data from there. The filling of this window is mainly required for cable connections.
- The Internet must provide a speed of 50 Mbps / sec for high quality network operation, watching movies in high definition and just for quick transition from one page to another.
- The LAN cable method is less reliable and convenient. On devices, the port for this connection is often intended for other purposes.
- If you wanted to work in a browser, then using the remote control for typing is not very convenient. You will be helped by a wireless keyboard and mouse that can be connected via a USB port.
If anyone needs it, the video provides instructions on how to connect to the LG Internet with webOS:
How to connect LG TV to wi-fi
Modern models of LG Smart TVs have a wide range of functions, thanks to which owners can not only watch digital, cable or satellite TV programs, but also take full advantage of all the multimedia capabilities of the Internet: enjoy movies and series on Russian and foreign streaming services. search for videos on YouTube, listen to music on the Internet, play games, communicate on social networks and search for the necessary information.
All of this is possible thanks to Smart TV technology, which has been integrated into LG TVs since its inception in the 2010s. Smart TV technology is a computer system integrated into LG TV.
In order to use all the features of Smart TV, you need to set up Internet access immediately after turning on the TV for the first time by connecting your LG TV to your home network wirelessly (via wi-fi) or using a cable.
Both methods have their advantages, however, recently the owners of LG TVs are increasingly choosing the wireless connection method, since modern wi-fi capabilities allow you to transfer information without losing quality and speed. In addition, this method is preferable, since it does not clutter up the space of the room in which the TV is located, with unnecessary wires.
It is very easy to connect an LG TV to wi-fi, absolutely anyone, even one who does not have special technical knowledge, can handle it. All you need to do is follow the instructions.
All modern LG models released after 2012 are equipped with a built-in wi-fi module. Some older TVs may require additional purchase of a dedicated receiver.
- Make sure your home wi-fi network settings allow you to connect new devices. This can be done in the settings of your wi-fi router.
- Turn on your LG TV and go to the “Basic Settings”.
- You will need the “Advanced Settings” section. Find the “Network” item in it, and then select “Connect to a wi-fi network”.
- A list of available networks appears on the TV screen. Select among them the name of your home network and use the remote control to confirm the selection.
- You will most likely need to enter a password. This should be the password for your home wireless network.
- Confirm the password with the OK key. After that, your LG TV will connect to wi-fi and will connect automatically every time you turn it on.
Some older LG TVs released before 2012 are not equipped with a built-in wi-fi module. Therefore, to connect them to a wireless network, you will need to purchase a special receiver (it is important that it matches your LG TV model!)
- Connect the adapter to your LG TV by connecting it to the back. To do this, you need to insert it into any free USB connector.
- A connection notification pop-up will appear on your TV screen.
- After that go to your TV settings and follow the steps above.
There are also alternative ways to connect your TV to a wireless network. For example, this can be done using a smartphone and Wi-Fi Direct technology. (How to connect LG TV to wi-fi Direct, read more here. For permanent use, this method is not optimal and it is recommended to resort to it only in cases where you cannot connect your LG TV to wi-fi via a router.
If you want to connect your TV to the Internet using a wired method, How to connect your LG TV to the Internet using a LAN cable, read here.
TV cable connection
Nothing is easier than connecting your TV to the Internet via a network cable. To do this, you just need to connect the TV patch cord to the router, or a direct cable from the provider. But it is worth dwelling on this in more detail.
When organizing a network through a router, network addresses are usually distributed dynamically (dynamic IP), therefore, there is no need to make any special settings, but simply indicate that this is wired access. In the case of static addresses, the algorithm of work will be as follows:
- go to the “Settings” menu item;
- here select the item “Network” or “Network Connections”;
- find the item “Additional settings” or “IP settings” and go into it;
- register static IP, subnet mask and gateway. In some cases, you can force the DNS address of the server.
The names of the menu items may differ for different models and brands, but the general idea remains the same for everyone. Sometimes it becomes necessary to create an Internet connection for LG Smart TV directly, through the cable of such a service provider. This is possible if the provider assigns IP addresses through a DHCP server, and does not authorize.
If access to the global network occurs via PPPoE, PPTP or L2TP, i.e. in the case when it is necessary to enter the username and password for authorization, it will be almost impossible to connect the TV directly. Support for such protocols has not yet been implemented or implemented on very few models. Most likely, this can be done in the near future, but here it is worth considering the feasibility of organizing such access. Why connect Smart-TV to the global network directly and not create an additional internal local network to increase its capabilities.
This method of how to connect a router to a TV does not always work, because some providers additionally filter their users by network MAC addresses. They usually ask to name him if you call the technical support service of the Internet provider. You can see which MAC on TV through the “Information” menu.
How to connect a TV to the Internet via a WI-FI router
Life without the Internet is already impossible to imagine. An increasing number of manufacturers are equipping their products with network interfaces or WI-FI radio modules. Manufacturers of television equipment did not stand aside either. Internet access from a TV allows you to receive a video signal not only from terrestrial television or via satellite, but also as streaming video directly using the Internet resources. For home use, a TV that is part of a local network allows you to view pictures, videos or listen to music from almost any mobile device or computer. However, not many users know how to connect a TV to the Internet via a WI-FI router, they think that it is very difficult to do this, and they are completely wrong.
Ways to connect the TV to the network
There are several alternative ways of organizing such access:
- connection via a network cable;
- organization of access via WI-FI;
The choice of each of the methods is an individual decision for everyone. If it is possible to connect with wires (directly or through a router), then it is better to choose it. This allows you to get a more stable connection at a higher speed than radio, and this will affect the quality of the resulting picture. If there is no such opportunity (or desire), then a WI-FI connection will come to the rescue. Next, let’s try to explain how to connect a TV to a WI-FI router
Organization of Internet access via WI-FI
To connect your LG TV to the Internet via a router? Without using any wires, Honor has some features. Now TVs are produced that have differences:
- own built-in WI-FI module;
- support for external USB WI-FI adapter.
If the TV has a built-in module, then you can immediately start setting up, if not, that adapter must be connected to the TV, and that, in turn, must correctly determine this adapter. There are many adapters, but it can happen that there is a device incompatibility conflict. You can avoid this at the stage of choosing a WI-FI adapter by checking the recommended models with the technical support service. The sequence of steps for such a connection is exactly the same as for a cable connection, with a few exceptions:
- when choosing a network, you must select “Wireless connection”;
- from the list of available networks, connect to the required one;
- enter authentication password.
There is another interesting way to make TV friends with a router. this can be done using WPS technology. In this case, you will not even need to enter passwords. But this technology must be supported by the router and be enabled. To use WPS, you need to select the appropriate item in the TV network settings and press the corresponding button on the router. The devices will be automatically paired.
In case of problems
After the connection is configured, it needs to be tested. You can just go to any page in your browser. Usually Smart-TVs provide such an opportunity. Sometimes there are situations in which the connection is configured, but the Internet has not appeared. In these cases, you do not need to immediately sin on TV or on the correctness of the entered data, although it is better to set up the connection and double-check.
Usually, you don’t need to perform any additional manipulations with the router. The most common errors are those that arise at the stage of creating a connection, and arising during operation:
- there is no way to connect to the access point. To fix the problem, you need to make sure that the radio module is really turned on and broadcasting a signal;
- the desired network is missing from the list. Check if you need to broadcast the SSID on the air;
- an error occurred while entering the access password. Specify the password in the router settings and try to enter it again;
- the connection was successful, but there is no internet. It is checked whether there is an Internet connection on other computers and devices on the network, if the answer is positive, double-check the connection configuration. If the answer is negative, configure the connection to the provider’s network on the router;
- cable is not connected. You need to view the integrity of the cable, and make sure that the connectors are inserted into the socket until they click on both devices.
- There is no Internet on any device. Pay for the Internet or contact the technical support of the provider.
Other connectivity options
Very often the question “Can I connect a USB modem to the TV directly?” Unfortunately this feature is not implemented at all. USB ports are designed to connect drives containing multimedia content in a specific format for playback. But TVs, unfortunately, cannot work with other USB devices, except for adapters (and even then not on all models). Will such support be added. And research in this area is still unknown. And viewing streaming video through the network of a mobile operator is quite expensive, and the quality of communication is low. In the case when there is no other way out, then you can use a router with a USB port through which you can organize communication with the outside world.
On LG TVs
- the first thing to do is go to the main menu;
- in the upper right corner of the screen there will be a button to enter your account. click on it;
- in the next window, you can enter your authorization data (if you have already registered) or continue creating an account on LG Apps. the “Register” button;
- then you need to come up with a password and enter it together with your e-mail address in the form that opens, and then click on “Register”;
- then check your email using your smartphone or computer and confirm the creation of the profile;
- to enter your account, click in the upper corner “Login”;
- enter your registration data, put a tick next to “Stay logged in” (next time you will not be prompted to enter data);
- answer “No” in the window that appears, in which you are asked to enter additional information;
If a router is not provided in the house, and the Internet is needed only on TV, then the Internet cable laid in the apartment by the provider should be immediately inserted into the TV, by analogy with what is described in the previous paragraph.
If the provider uses dynamic IP address technology, synchronization will be performed automatically. If the technology uses a static IP address, then after connecting, you will have to open the “Network” item in the TV settings and select “Manual setting”. Next, we register the parameters of our connection. IP address and DNS. This information can be obtained from the provider or looked for in the service agreement. as a rule, a sheet with settings is issued with it.
Important! If the connection is using PPPoE, it is very likely that this type of connection will not work directly. In this case, buying a router saves. Even the most budgetary option will do.,
Some providers bind the connection to the MAC address of the device. In this case, having a PC connected to the Internet in the house, it will not work to connect the TV to it. You need to contact your provider and ask to change the associated MAC address to the one assigned to the TV. To do this, go to its settings and find the “device support” or “product information” tab. The list of information will also indicate the MAC address. We rewrite it and inform the provider, after changing the address, we make the connection according to the above methods.
Settings for Smart TV
How to connect the Internet in different ways on the TV is now clear, but for the full use of the capabilities of Smart TV, just one connection to the World Wide Web is not enough.
On Samsung Smart TV
To connect the Internet, cable or wireless, to a Samsung TV, you can use the instructions for the same LG device. The connection steps and the diagram are not much different, except for the names of the items in the menu (the meaning is easy to guess about the purpose of the buttons). But there are some differences in setting up Smart TV on a Samsung TV:
- after connecting to the Internet, try to enter the Smart Hub menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control;
- to check whether the Internet and Samsung Smart TV are working properly, you need to launch an application, for example, YouTube.
If you managed to connect your Samsung TV to the Internet, and everything worked, then you can relax and start installing various kinds of applications from Samsung Apps, and enjoy watching videos and Internet TV.
Connection in newer TV models
The overwhelming majority of modern television sets have already built-in capabilities for joining the World Wide Web. All that is required of you is to correctly connect the device and configure the Internet. In practice, there are 2 ways to connect:
- wireless connection of the device via Wi-Fi;
- connection using a network cable.
over, the second option can be implemented both with the use of a router (router), and without it.
We connect the TV receiver to the Internet
Today, Internet access is implemented on many devices, and the TV is no exception. The easiest way is to connect new models of TV receivers to the Network. they have built-in Wi-Fi modules, and the setup is intuitive. However, you can also connect to the Internet on old devices using a cable connection and special external Smart set-top boxes. Read more about the various ways to go online through the TV. in the material below.
Connecting via a router
After connecting, a window will appear on the screen notifying that an Internet connection has occurred. It disappears on its own, and no additional settings are required. you can immediately use SmartTV or update the firmware.
How to connect a modern TV to the Internet via a cable was discussed above. But this is not the only way to get the opportunity to use the Internet on TV. You can do without laying wires around the apartment using a wireless connection. To connect the TV to the Internet (wireless) through a router, you need a minimum of steps, provided that the device has a Wi-Fi module. Before making the configuration, you will need to prepare information about the name of your network and remember the password for it. Further, taking the remote control in hand, with the device turned on, do the following:
- Turn on the device and go to the menu by pressing the desired button.
- Next, in the settings you need to select “Network” and “Network Settings”.
- After that, select the type of connection, in this case. wireless.
- The device will start searching for the Web environment, and after a short period of time it will display a list of it (it will display, in addition to yours, the networks of neighbors if you live in an apartment building).
- Select your network, and after pressing the “Ok” button on the remote control, you will need to enter the password in the appropriate line. After a moment, a window will appear with a message that the connection has been established and the power on has been successful. If it doesn’t, find out why the TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi.