The program is used for broadcasting. images on TV using DLNA technology. The application creates a home local network through which you can transfer data to the TV from a laptop, tablet, smartphone or other device. There is a Russified version.
- Download and install software.
- Launch Serviio-Console.
- Find your turned on TV in the list.
- Select your Samsung TV / player profile (C / D / E-series).
- Open “Media Library” and add a folder with content there, mark the file type next to the checkboxes.
- Save data.
Now you can select the file you want to run. This happens at Source. AllShare with the Serviio logo. There will be a folder with the necessary documents.
During operation, the following problems may arise:
- When you add a server to startup, a program shortcut appears. It can be removed only after the media server is completely turned off.
- The media server prevents the PC from rebooting until the Serviio program is manually disabled.
To connect a laptop to a Samsung TV, you need to use third-party programs. One of these is the Allshare PC. Connection aLGorithm:
- “Menu”. “Network”. “Network Settings”. “Start”.
- A list of connections should appear, in which the desired.
- If necessary, enter a password.
- On the laptop, the Network to which the TV is connected is also selected.
- The downloaded program opens.
- A message will appear in the menu about connecting PC and TV to one router, you should combine these devices.
- You need to create a folder from which the content will be streamed.
- The TV shows and opens the Allshare Play application, in which the required multimedia file is selected.
You can then view the content on the big screen.
Instructions for connecting a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi to broadcast images in different ways
There are three ways to connect to all Windows laptops. These include DLNA, WiDi, and Wi-Fi adapters.
There is a special program for LG equipment. LG Smart Share. You need to install it on your computer. Then the following actions are performed:
- You need to open the downloaded program.
- Choose one of the categories (music, films, photos).
- Create folders with content that will be broadcast to the screen.
- Open the menu on the TV and select Smart Share.
- Go to “Connected devices” and select the Network over which the connection is made.
Then a file is selected from the folder that the user wants to display on the display.
Sony equipment, including Bravia and other generations, is connected to a laptop using Wi-Fi Direct programs. ALGorithm:
- On the computer, you need to select “Explorer”. “Network”, where the function “Network discovery and access to files is disabled” is activated.
- Then you need to click “Create a private network” and switch its value to “Home” in the settings.
- Enable Wi-Fi Direct on TV in the Home tab. “Network”. activate “Built-in Wi-Fi” and Wi-Fi Direct.
- Go to the TV menu, Wi-Fi direct settings and find a suitable object.
Now you can connect your laptop and TV. All Sony TV electronics can be connected in this way.
Setting up your TV and laptop for data sync
Connecting a laptop to a large screen is easy. There are a number of settings that need to be made that may vary slightly depending on the brand of devices. First of all, both devices must connect to the same router. You can synchronize them in the menu settings: “Network”. “Network settings” both on the computer and on the TV. If the TV does not have a Wi-Fi module, you should install a program to transfer images to a laptop.
Intel compute stick
Like the Android mini pc, the Intel compute stick acts as a mini-computer. The memory capacity of the device is 32 GB, about 17 GB is available to the user. It is recommended to install on a Linux mini-computer or other lightweight OS in order not to take up space. Intel compute stick is not used for complex tasks, but works great for connecting to a TV and watching multimedia files.
- Connect Intel compute stick to TV.
- Connect power adapter and mouse / keyboard.
- Enable Intel compute stick by pressing the power button.
- Connect to a wireless network through “System Settings”. “Network”.
- Customize location, keyboard layout, set username and password.
Examples for popular TV brands
Each model has its own connection characteristics. The general principle is the same, but functions can have different names.
The Google Chromecast prefix allows you to make a “Smart-TV” out of a TV. Connects via microUSB cable. Chromecast is installed on the computer to ensure communication.
- Connect set-top box to TV.
- Install app.
- Open the program.
- Click on “Search for devices”.
- Connect to the found TV, if the program does not see it, click “Search for devices” again.
- Select the media file to be shown on the screen.
- Click “Start broadcast”.
Through the program, you can sends from YouTube, movies to Google play, music from Google Play Music and other services to your TV.
Android mini pc
A special Android mini pc device has been developed for Android systems. Outwardly it looks like a USB flash drive. This gadget is a mini-computer, but without its own monitor, power supply and other peripherals. The setting is made on the TV itself, which acts as a monitor.
- Connect Android mini pc to TV via HDM.
- Connect the mouse to the console and the power supply.
- Press Power.
- Select TV HDMI in the menu.
On the screen, the user will see programs for Android. In the “Settings” menu you need to turn on Wi-Fi and connect to your home network. You can then search the Internet for the media you want.
“Tulips” (aka “bells”) are not used in laptops, but they are on TVs. Therefore, the adapter will depend on the available interfaces on the laptop. For example, it is possible to switch to RCA from the following connectors:
- HDMI (converter),
- DisplayPort (converter).
Home network (DLNA and analogues)
This technology implements the possibility of general access on different devices united into one local network. May become an improved alternative to Miracast, as it does not require support for special technologies and can work over a wired network (LAN).
From the requirements. connection to one router or communication via Wi-Fi-Direct.
Only SMART TVs can work with DLNA as full members of the local network.
You can find options with access to:
An interesting option is adapters with RG-45 connectors, which allow you to make an extension cord with your own hands up to 30 meters long (for Full HD quality, no more than 5 meters). There is no question of connecting to a local network here.
Setting up your TV
You can verify Miracast support from the accompanying documentation. If it is not declared, there is an alternative solution. a third-party module that connects to the HDMI connector or TV set-top box. Almost all Android models work with this technology. The set-top box also connects to any generation of TVs, even if they do not have HDMI connectors. From the available signal sources, select the port to which the adapter will be connected.
If the built-in Wi-Fi module is used, then you need to make sure that it is active. enabled in the settings.
RCA and S-Video
S-to RCA Cables
One of the oldest standards for image and sound transmission. It has existed since 1940. Stored in most modern TVs as a backward compatible interface that allows even the oldest device to be connected to the TV.
Here lies the main problem. using RCA or S-is only in the most extreme case, if all other options are not available to you, because the analog signal with which the RCA ports work provides only a low picture resolution.
- Widespread prevalence.
- SIMple and reliable connection.
- Practical interface.
- Provides low picture quality as it only works with analog signals.
- Takes up a lot of space.
- A large number of plugs (if it is not a composite connector) can be difficult to connect.
- Connection on running equipment is not recommended.
About Miracast Connection
If you have Windows 8, you can use this instruction.
If there is no connector on the TV, then you can use adapters with outputs:
- DVI. Suitable only for modifications working with an analog signal.
In the opposite direction (not on a laptop, but on a TV), you can create more complex combinations:
- The rest through converters:
Converters are always significantly more expensive than SIMple adapters.
Adapters with DVI
The standard is easily combined with HDMI, there are ready-made adapters, even sound transmission is supported. Other options are also possible, with access to:
Using a local network
At present wireless There are few technologies that would allow broadcasting an image, among them:
- Wi-Fi as the fastest and most versatile data exchange protocol;
- WiMax and analogues, but cellular communication is not yet used in TVs.
Bluetooth and IrDA are not suitable due to low speeds.
It turns out that only Wi-Fi remains, but there are some peculiarities here, because the technology implies the organization of a local network.
Wired analog. LAN (Ethernet). In this case, a local network is also created, but using a physical wire. a twisted pair.
Input for connecting a local network on the TV RG-45
Data is transmitted in the TCP / IP stack, therefore, to exchange it, you need an intermediary device. an access point (router, router). The access point can also be software or organized based on the TV itself.
Now about the possibilities of organizing screen broadcast.
- Many manufacturers use proprietary technologies such as Smart Share or VAIO Media Server.
- Supports universal industry solutions such as Miracast.
- Solutions from third-party developers, in which data transfer is not carried out in a local network, but via an Internet channel.
- Hardware solutions that implement the most popular technologies listed above (most often Miracast or analogs).