Connect with Apple TV
This is another way to wirelessly synchronize a smartphone and a TV device, however, it will only be possible to implement it if you have previously purchased an Apple TV set-top box.
Pairing devices will work if you use an Apple smartphone not older than the fourth generation. Be sure to install the latest iOS operating system updates before syncing, otherwise you may experience connection problems.
The iPhone is connected to the TV according to the following algorithm:
- We launch the set-top box and connect the TV to it using an HDMI cable.
- We connect iPhone to Apple TV. To do this, connect the devices to the same wireless network or turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone and bring it closer to the set-top box. Connection prompts should appear on both screens.
- Double-click the Home button on your iPhone, then select the Volume and Brightness controls section. Or take a long swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Choose “AirPlay” or “Screen Repeat”, and then from the list you should select Apple TV.
- When you click on the set-top box, the “AirPlay Mirroring” switch will open, activate it and wait until the smartphone’s desktop image appears on the TV screen.
5 Ways to Connect iPhone to TV
The popularity of TVs without Smart features is dropping extremely quickly. It is not surprising, because every user wants to watch movies online and, if necessary, go to their favorite sites. However, this does not mean that you need to run to an electronics supermarket and buy expensive “smart” equipment.
First, learn how to connect your iPhone to your TV. Such synchronization will significantly improve the functionality of the most ordinary TV:
How to connect an iPhone to a TV
- Internet surfing;
- online media content playback;
- video calls via Skype and other similar programs;
- making presentations on the big screen.
This is just a short list of the possibilities that will open up after connecting a TV-device to a mobile phone. There are several popular ways to achieve this goal. Let’s consider each of them to determine the most effective.
Using an HDMI cable
The most popular digital interface today is HDMI, which allows you to synchronize various devices. The advantage of this cable is that it can carry the highest quality digital signal. Therefore, if you plan to watch Full HD video, then connect your TV via HDMI.
Connecting an iPhone to a TV using this principle will be somewhat problematic, since Apple gadgets are equipped with a proprietary Lightning interface. However, all this can be easily solved by purchasing a Digital AV or MiraScreen adapter.
How to connect iPhone to TV via HDMI? To set up your media content to play on the big screen, follow these simple step-by-step instructions:
- We connect a previously purchased adapter to the smartphone.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter.
- The other end of the cord must be connected to the TV by inserting the wire into the appropriate connector. Absolutely all modern models are equipped with such an interface, regardless of the manufacturer.
- Now you need to select a signal source. To do this, go to the menu and select the appropriate section of the settings. You can also start this parameter by pressing a button on the remote control (usually Source). Be careful, many TVs are equipped with multiple HDMI connectors. Next to the connector itself, its number is usually indicated in small print. select it in the TV menu.
- After the performed actions, the connection will be completed. If you have an iPhone 4 or older model, then instead of the display, only shortcuts for video, audio and photo playback will be displayed. However, this will not prevent you from watching your favorite movie or listening to musical compositions.
Setting up a smartphone connection to a TV via HDMI is extremely simple, since you only need to plug the cord into the appropriate connectors, the subsequent synchronization is carried out automatically. If for some reason information is not displayed on the screen, then be sure to go to the TV settings and select HDMI as the main signal source.
Modern TV models are equipped with a Smart platform, so they are able to connect to the Internet without additional devices either by cable or via Wi-Fi, which can be used to play media content from a smartphone on TV.
It is worth noting that this method remains one of the most practical, since you can do without connecting wires. Also, there is no need to use additional devices.
Connect iPhone to TV as follows:
- There is already a router and a Wi-Fi network, then we just connect the smartphone and TV to the home network.
- If there is no home Wi-Fi network, you can use the Wi-Fi Direct function. It allows you to connect devices via Wi-Fi without a router. True, not all TV models support it. Activation is done differently depending on the TV model. Often you need to go to the “Applications” section and activate the “Wi-Fi Direct” mode. The TV will show the name of the Wi-Fi network to which you need to connect your iPhone and the password to connect.
When the preparatory work is done, you can connect your iPhone to your TV:
- On the iPhone, we launch the application for playing media content on TV. For example, you can use the following programs: iMediaShare, Belkin MediaPlay. You can download the software from the Apple Store.
- Managing the software is much easier than it might seem at first glance. You just need to select a file for subsequent broadcast on the big screen. Intuitive application interface is a guarantee that you will not have any difficulties.
If you can’t connect your mobile phone to TV equipment via Wi-Fi, use the Google Chromecast device. this is a compact adapter that visually resembles a USB flash drive that must be inserted into the HDMI connector. With its help, you can significantly simplify the setup of a wireless connection with various models of TVs.
Without a doubt, the USB cable remains the most versatile solution that allows you to synchronize your phone and TV equipment. The main advantage of this interface is its popularity; such a connector is available on all devices. Therefore, you can easily connect your iPhone to a TV using a USB cable.
Follow the step-by-step instructions:
- We connect via micro USB cable (30-pin or Lightning. it all depends on the smartphone model) to the TV. Typically the ports are located on the rear or side panel.
- Turn on the TV and go to the settings to select the USB port as the main signal source.
Wait a few seconds for syncing to complete. How to watch iPhone on TV? Unfortunately, this is not possible, to duplicate the image on a large screen, use HDMI. As for the USB interface, it allows you to use your mobile phone as a memory storage device. Therefore, this type of connection is suitable for those who have downloaded media content to their smartphone in advance. You will not be able to launch an application or video game either.
You can also synchronize television equipment and a mobile phone in other ways, for example, with tulips. a composite cable that was actively used in the early 2000s. Using this wire today, you can connect an iPhone to a TV. However, you need to understand that you will not be able to view high-resolution videos and photos.
You can connect from a smartphone to a TV using a composite cable using several types of adapters at once. Which adapter should you give preference to? It’s up to you to decide. Much depends on the iPhone model.
- Composite AV cable. 3 plugs (tulips) and one USB input. Suitable for iPhone 4s and older smartphones from Apple.x
- A component AV cable is somewhat similar to a composite cable. The main difference lies in the presence of connectors for synchronizing the image and improving the quality of the transmitted picture. Also suitable for iPhone 3, 4, 4s.
- Lightning VGA adapter. used to connect new models. 5, 5s. The main feature is the presence of a 15-pin analog VGA connector.
Connecting iPhone to TV is a simple procedure that every user can handle. It is enough to simply connect the connectors using a cable; in some situations, additional adapters are used that function as adapters. No special software required to connect iPhone.
Additional software configuration is also not carried out. You just need to open the main menu on the TV and select the signal source.
7 Ways to Connect iPhone to LG TV
Often, you really want to show your friends or family an interesting video from YouTube, your own video or photos from the iPhone, films available to subscribers of some services, and you never know what else. It happens that there is a need to organize a video conference, communication via Skype and other business events.
But how to connect iPhone to LG TV? There are several ways to suit a particular hardware configuration.
Owners of “obsolete” LG TVs should not be upset and images from smartphones from Apple can also be viewed on the TV screen. Older TVs have a composite video and audio input. In order to connect a phone to a TV, you will need one of three types of cable:
- USB AV. for smartphones from Apple version 4s and older. Three tulip plugs connect to TV, 30-pin plug to smartphone.
- AV HDTV from Apple. for phones version 4 and 4s. The signal quality of this cable is improved thanks to the sync plugs.
- Lightning VGA Adapter. For iPhone 5 and up. In addition to the adapter, you will need a VGA cable.
Reference! The connection via the analog input does not require special settings, it is only important to pay attention to the correspondence of the colors of the plugs “tulips” and the inputs of the TV.
After connecting in the settings, you need to select the appropriate “Signal source”.
When choosing a method to connect an iPhone to an LG TV, you need to find out if the TV has a Wi-Fi module. If the device is old enough, then the wireless module may not be in it, but it probably has USB, HDMI or analog input ports.
It is also possible to connect iPhone to TV via Apple TV, AirPlay and Google Chromecast.
With a cable
The cable connection of the “apple” phone to the LG TV will require the purchase of an appropriate adapter, since the iPhone has only one connector for connecting with other devices and the same connector for charging the smartphone.
Connecting to a TV via a USB port is not easy, but very simple: one end of the USB cable is inserted into the smartphone, and the other into the corresponding port of the TV.
- IPhone version 4 and later requires a dedicated Apple USB cable.
- Starting from the 5th version of the iPhone, a special Apple Lightning to USB Adapter is used.
The final step is to select the USB mode in the TV settings (“Signal Source”).
When you connect your smartphone to your TV via USB, the iPhone acts as a storage medium. Simply put: it is possible to view only photos and / or videos loaded into the permanent memory of the device. Streaming directly from YouTube, for example, is not possible.
Connecting iPhone to TV via HDMI is the best option for high quality (Full HD) video.
To connect two devices, you need adapters:
- iPhone version 4 and later. AV Adapter Digital.
- iPhone 5 and above. AV Adapter Lightning.
Such a connection does not require any special settings and looks exactly the same as a USB connection step by step:
- The adapter connects to the smartphone.
- HDMI cable one end connects to the adapter, the other to the TV.
- The device is read and configured automatically.
- In the TV settings, HDMI is indicated as the signal source. If there are several HDMI ports on the TV, specify the one to which the smartphone is connected.
The only drawback of this connection is the short HDMI cable. The limitation is caused by the impossibility of transmission over a long signal “cord” without loss of quality.
The wireless method of connection is attractive, first of all, by the absence of wires, which means that there are no strict restrictions on the range of placing a smartphone from TV.
The ability to connect iPhone and TV without the use of awkward cords varies by TV model. As a rule, LG Smart TVs have a built-in wireless data transfer module.
Broadcast using AirPlay
For the happy owners of Apple and iPhone TVs, connecting a smartphone to a TV was literally a matter of two touches. The technology of “air data transmission” from “apple” allows you to duplicate the iPhone screen on a TV or start broadcasting videos, photos, presentations, games directly from the running application.
- Connect your smartphone and TV to a shared Wi-Fi network.
- Select the AirPlay icon on the smartphone screen (for the “Photos” folder. the “Transfer” icon).
- Select Smart TV, if there are several such TVs. select the one you need.
- We connect to a common Wi-Fi network for the smartphone and TV.
- By “swiping” up from the bottom of the smartphone screen (for iPhone 8 and below) and from the upper right corner for later versions, open the “Control Center”.
- Click the Screen mirroring icon.
- Select an AirPlay TV from the list.
- If necessary. enter the password.
To stop broadcasting and mirroring the screen in the same smartphone menus there are corresponding “buttons”.
Important! Unfortunately, not all TVs support airplay technology. Many manufacturers, including LG, launched AirPlay-enabled models in 2019. But there are TVs on sale that will get a new feature when the software is updated.!
All LG Smart TVs have Wi-Fi connectivity via a built-in module. To start viewing photo and video content from iPhone on LG TV, you need to:
- Make sure both iPhone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the official LG website, download the Smart Share program, which is completely free and is located in the “Support”. “Hardware and Software” section.
- Install the required application on the iPhone by downloading it from the App Store. There are many such applications, they can be free, or they can cost money (iMediaShare, TV Assist, Twonky Beam).
- Launch the program on your smartphone. Further steps may be different, depending on the selected application. So, in Twonky Beam you need to check the box “Show or hide show”; select the desired photo or video; wait for the start of playback.
Using Apple TV
For a TV without airplay support, streaming video content from an Apple smartphone is carried out using the Apple TV set-top box.
Attention! This equipment is compatible with iPhone version 4 and below.
Specialist services are not required to connect an Apple TV set-top box, but you should make sure that the iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. To start using the set-top box, you must complete the following steps:
- Following the attached instructions, connect the equipment to the TV (connect the HDMI cable to the set-top box and TV; plug the Apple TV into a power outlet).
- Make sure that the phone and the set-top box are connected to the same wireless network (Wi-Fi).
- Using the remote control or phone, select the HDMI signal type in the TV menu.
- Further settings are simple and straightforward and are also carried out using the remote control or iPhone.
The undoubted advantage of the “apple” set-top box is the ability to equate not a new TV with Smart TV.
The wireless method is suitable only for those users who have a modern TV with a built-in Smart platform and a Wi-Fi chip. The principle of operation on the iPhone is implemented through the AirPlay function. It can be turned on in the iOS top curtain.
There are two ways to establish a connection to TV via Wi-Fi:
- Switch your phone through your home router. In this case, Smart TV must also be connected to this network.
- If there is no home network, you can use the Wi-Fi Direct function. However, not all TV models support this option. For some, you have to tinker with the settings.
Let’s consider the advantages of this connection method:
- it’s free;
- don’t need any wires.
The biggest drawback is the lengthy setup of the Wi-Fi Direct function, if required. But this must be done once. Also, the method of transmitting a signal “over the air” is not very reliable.
Instructions for connecting all iPhone models to any TV
By 2020, the level of communication between different gadgets has grown dramatically. For example, you can control a microwave oven remotely, via a smartphone, or start a wash at home while sitting in your office. However, for the iPhone, things are a little different. Apple has its own software environment (ecosystem) iOs, and it’s not easy to join. But there are ways to connect iPhone to TV.
The manual is relevant for all models: 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max.
For full-fledged work, you need to pair the set-top box and the smartphone in the same Wi-Fi network. A prerequisite: you must have a fresh version of IOS, otherwise conflicts between hardware may appear. Also, this method will not work for iPhone owners below model 4. This option has a lot of advantages:
- the work of two devices in one Apple ecosystem gives more opportunities;
- it is much more convenient to control the action on the TV screen via Apple TV;
- viewing content in high resolution up to 4K;
- you can duplicate the phone display on a large screen;
- paired devices maintain strong Wi-Fi signal strength.
The disadvantage is the purchase price of this device. However, do not forget that you get not only an “adapter” for TV, but also a whole set-top box for viewing unique content.
The easiest and most reliable way to link TV and iOs is with a USB to Lightning cable. The switching scheme consists in connecting a 30-pin connector or Lightning plug on one side, and a USB tail on the TV side. Select a signal source and see the picture from the phone.
You cannot display the desktop image from the iPhone on the big screen. Through a USB lanyard, the smartphone is connected as a flash drive, you can play video files and photos from the phone’s memory.
Unfortunately, this option has a lot of limitations:
- you will not be able to play on a big screen via a USB cable;
- watching movies is possible only if you have saved them in advance;
- you will not be able to repeat the screen and launch the application on the big screen.
Connecting any smartphone to a TV should take into account three parameters:
- The presence of the necessary connectors on the TV case.
- Availability of required software.
- Wi-Fi module.
At least one of these points must be present in order to be able to talk about any kind of connection. It is also worth understanding that it is easier to connect to a modern LCD, LED or IPS screen than to an old lamp or tubular apparatus. The latter will be switched only through special adapters (adapters).
The easiest and most reliable way to display your iPhone screen on any TV is to use a cable to connect to the HDMI connector. With such a “connection”, the “projection” of the iOs interface of the device is introduced, it becomes available:
- Play games from your mobile,
- Stream movies to the big screen,
- Watch YouTube videos,
- Listen to music from Yandex.Music, VK, and other streaming applications.
- View pictures from internal memory.
HDMI input can be found on many modern monitors. However, you cannot connect the cable directly. First, there is no Lightning to HDMI cable. Secondly, you need to convert the signal from the iPhone into an AV signal, and then run it via an HDMI cable.
Actually, to connect you will need:
The switching scheme is quite simple: connect the adapter or adapter to the phone. Connect the HDMI / VGA cable to it. The remaining HDMI “tail” is plugged into the socket on the TV case. Find the signal source you need through the “AV” button, and enjoy watching.
Here we can talk mainly only about the advantages:
- relatively inexpensive way;
- one of the most reliable.
As a minus. a connection through two wires. This is not the most successful and convenient solution.
Analog VGA adapter
- high-quality video signal in HD format (1080p);
- full transfer from smartphone display to TV screen.
HDMI to the rescue
The HDMI interface is also quite popular today, which is used when connecting various electronic devices to each other. Its advantage is that it can transmit a high-precision digital signal. That is, it is ideal if you decide to watch high-definition video.
However, connecting an iPhone to a TV in this way is a little complicated by the fact that all Apple devices use their own proprietary Lightning connectors. But this problem is solved by purchasing a special adapter. Digital AV Adapter, Lightning to HDMI “MiraScreen”, etc., equipped with an HDMI interface.
How to organize a broadcast from iPhone to TV? You will need to do the following:
- We insert the adapter into the iPhone.
- Connect one end of the HDMI wire to the adapter.
- We stick the other end of the cable into the TV. We use the HDMI connector, which is available on all modern TVs, and any manufacturer. Sony, Samsung, LG, Philips, etc.
- In the TV settings, select the mode in which the image will be displayed from the corresponding port. In our case, this is HDMI. Just be careful. modern TVs have multiple HDMI ports. So specify the one to which you connected the device from Apple.
- After these manipulations, the iPhone display will appear on your TV screen. But this is if you have a modern model of an “apple” smartphone. 5, 5s, 6, 7, etc. On the same 4s (and below), instead of the display, only shortcuts for launching video, audio and viewing the image gallery will be visible. However, this fact will not prevent you from watching your favorite movie or listening to a couple of music tracks.
For reference! After connecting the devices via HDMI and turning them on, all the necessary settings should load automatically. But sometimes you have to do it manually. To do this, both on the iPhone and on the TV you need to set “HDMI” as the source of the main signal. Then, after successful synchronization, the image from the smartphone will be duplicated on the big screen.
How to connect an iPhone to a TV: instructions and recommendations
Is it possible to connect an iPhone to a TV? Of course. You ask, what is such a synchronization of a gadget with a TV device for? For example, to watch a movie or display photos on the big screen. Agree that this is very convenient? It remains only to find out how such a connection can be made and what is needed for this.
Let’s use Apple TV
By the way, there is another possibility to create a wireless connection between the iPhone and TV. True, for this you have to use the Apple TV media player.
You will also need an HDMI cable. You also need an iPhone no older than the fourth generation. What are the requirements for a branded Apple TV? 2G, 3G or 4G. In this case, both gadgets must be updated to the latest version of iOS. Otherwise, errors may appear when connecting.
When all of the above is at your fingertips, then you can proceed:
- Turn on Apple TV. We connect a TV to this device. This is done using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Synchronizing iPhone with Apple TV. And do not forget, if WI-FI is used, then both TV and the “apple” gadget must work within the same network.
- On the iPhone, press the Home button twice. Then we tap on “Volume control, brightness”.
- Choosing AirPlay.
- Further in the list of devices, we are looking for the option we need.
- After you tap on the set-top box, the AirPlay Mirroring switch will appear. We activate it and wait for the iPhone desktop image to be broadcast on the TV screen.
We use the possibilities of WI-FI
Today, a huge number of TV models (Samsung, Sony Bravia, LG, Philips, etc.) connect to WI-FI without any problems. Naturally, such a wireless connection can be safely used in order to broadcast content from a smartphone.
over, this method of synchronization is one of the most convenient. After all, it allows you to do without wires. And no additional devices are required either.
How to connect a gadget to a TV via WI-FI? First you need:
- Create a network or organize an existing one.
- Make sure the TV has a Wi-Fi module and turn it on. This is done in different ways. Usually through the built-in application: for LG, this is the Smart Share software product, for Samsung, AllShare. On many TVs, you can establish a connection with a smartphone in the Applications section, activating Wi-Fi Direct Mode there.
Then you can start syncing your iPhone and TV:
- First of all, we connect both devices to the existing WI-FI network.
- We launch an application on the iPhone for displaying video and other content on TV. For example, Twonky Beam, Smart View (Samsung only) or iMediaShare. All of them are available for download in the App Store.
- It is not difficult to use such software. You just need to specify the file that you want to broadcast on the TV screen, and then select the device itself. We will not dwell on this in more detail. We are sure you will figure it out along the way.
How to Mirror iPhone Screen on Any Smart TV (Easy 100% Works)
For reference! If for some reason you are unable to connect your iPhone to the TV wirelessly via WI-FI, then try using the Google Chromecast device. This small adapter the size of a USB stick needs to be plugged into an HDMI port. Then you can easily and quickly set up a wireless connection with various TV models.
Connect iPhone to TV via USB
A USB cable is a universal solution if you need to synchronize two devices with each other. Including when it comes to connecting an iPhone to a TV. So you can safely use this interface. For this:
- Turn off the TV.
- Connect your iPhone to your TV using a micro USB cable (30-pin or Lightning. depending on model). Typically, the USB port is located on the back or side panel.
- Turn on your TV. In the device settings, set the display of the picture from USB.
That’s all! It remains to wait for the synchronization process to complete.
For reference! By connecting the iPhone to a TV via USB, you will not be able to display the picture from the screen to the screen in order, so to speak, to duplicate content on a display with a larger diagonal. The system will only recognize the smartphone as a storage device. Therefore, this method is suitable for those cases when you need to broadcast videos and photos stored in your phone to TV.
Can I connect my iPhone to a TV using an analog cable?
You can also connect the iPhone to the TV with the popular “tulip”. Yes, this is the same composite cable from the distant 1990-2000s. As you remember in those days, this standard was widely used in audio and video equipment.
So today you can use it to connect your iPhone to a TV device. The only caveat is that you won’t be able to view high-definition videos.
At the same time, you can create an analog connection between the iPhone and the TV using several types of adapters at once. Which one to use. be guided by the model of your “apple” smartphone:
- Apple Composite AV Cable. Has 3 standard cinch plugs and one USB. Suitable for 4s and older iPhones.
- Apple Component AV Cable. Reminiscent of the first option. It differs in that it contains additional connectors for synchronizing the image and improving the quality of the transmitted picture. Also for iPhone 3G, 4 and 4s.
- Apple Lightning VGA adapter. It is used to connect to a TV of the new generation models. iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, etc. It has a 15-pin analog connector for a VGA cable.
It doesn’t matter which option you use, the connection procedure itself is as simple as possible. It consists in the standard connection of wires and corresponding connectors on both devices. As for the TV, in its settings menu, it remains only to select the image output mode through the AV-input.
Analog cable connection
To use this method, you need to connect both devices with a separate cable. This wire is popularly called “tulip”. The only caveat is that with such a connection, you cannot watch videos in high quality, resolution. It is possible to connect to TV using the following cables:
- Composite. Insert the wire into your TV and smartphone. You do not need to set parameters. It is enough to turn on the AV button and click on the “Mirroring” button.
- Component. The instructions for execution are the same as in the previous version. This method is suitable for users with an operating system higher than version 4.
- VGA wires. Purchase the appropriate cable to use this method. Remember that this option is suitable for all mobiles above 5S.
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV via USB?
Connecting a TV with Apple flagship gadgets via USB is a common method. In addition to playback, after switching on the mobile will begin to receive a charge. It should be noted that regardless of the device model, with such a connection, the iPhone acts as an external data carrier. Based on the technical characteristics of the gadget, an individual wire is used. This method is popular for slideshows, images, or photographs. The option with the use of the Apple TV set-top box is also in demand. It is activated both wirelessly and with a cable.
Image output via HDMI
Many users resort to HDMI interface. It is necessary to connect various devices with each other. The cable allows you to transfer images with high fidelity. It is ideal for watching movies, TV series with maximum resolution. Apple mobiles have a unique connector that doesn’t match most devices. To solve the problem, it is recommended to use a special adapter. Now follow these steps:
- Insert the wire into the IPhone.
- The other end of the cable connects to the adapter and the TV. This connector is located on newer TV models.
- We define the correct connector in the settings. Be careful! There are several identical inputs on the set-top box. Specify the required.
- Wait until the mobile screen is duplicated on the TV. Turn on your favorite movie, watch it in good quality.
AirPay (screen replay)
Use the built-in functionality of your mobile phone. Unlock your smartphone and swipe down from the top of the screen. In the quick menu, click on the key. Wait for connection.
How to connect iPhone to Samsung Smart TV via Wi-Fi, USB, HDMI, programs
Faced the question of how to connect an iPhone to a Samsung TV? Despite the size of mobile screens, watching movies and TV shows on gadgets is inconvenient. Modern gadgets are connected to TV players. They play any files on the screen. This option shows slides with photos, interesting videos and episodes of your favorite TV series. In the article we will tell you how to connect a mobile phone to a TV, turn on a video. Follow Basic Tips for Getting Results.
Is it possible to duplicate the screen via Bluetooth?
The smartphone allows screen mirroring via Bluetooth. The user will need to open the App Store and download the desired application. After opening, go to sync.
Device owners connect gadgets to a monitor. With this, it is easy to play any video content on the big screen. When connected, users also play games and use social media. Functions are available depending on activation. The USB connection does not allow watching clips from the Internet. Mobile like a regular USB flash drive. Based on this, a popular method is a standard HDMI connection.
How to turn off AirPlay on iPhone
- Call the “shutter”.
- Find the “AirPlay” button.
- Tap on it to deactivate.
If you used streaming mode, then after calling the quick menu, you need to swipe to the left and uncheck the box from the “Apple TV”.
Additional connection methods
If the TV does not have an HDMI connector and wireless services, you should pay attention to two more adapters that Apple produces for the iPhone. VGA Lightning and Component AV.
Connect Apple TV
Of course, “Apple” could not ignore the problem of connecting Apple gadgets to Smart TV and offered its Apple TV set-top box. To connect an iPhone to a TV through a device, you need to step by step:
- Turn on the set-top box to the network, connect an Internet cable or a home (required) Wi-Fi network to it.
- Next, via HDMI (not included), connect to the TV.
- Turn on the TV and configure the set-top box (select language, time, etc.).
- When Apple TV and TV are paired, you can connect your iPhone.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your smartphone, call the “shutter” and press “AirPlay”.
- In the search menu, click on the Apple TV.
- A switch to AirPlay Mirroring appears on the iPhone screen. Confirm connection.
After that, a projection of the iPhone main menu should appear on the big screen.
Important! Although the price of a proprietary set-top box is within 11 thousand rubles, it without any wires supports the launch of video files in 4K quality.
Description of the AirPlay function on iPhone
Apple recently started making its own TVs. Naturally, such a progressive company could not allow their customers to use banal connection methods and come up with their own wireless communication protocol. AirPlay.
Modern TVs can project images from the iPhone screen
For your information! The technology appeared in apple gadgets back in 2010, but it has become relevant only in recent years. Therefore, AirPlay can now be found in the shortcut menu starting with IOS 10.
It is already clear that AirPlay is a screen repeat on the iPhone. The function allows owners of apple technology to connect branded devices with each other, be it a bundle of iPhone-TV or iPad-MacBook. Can:
- broadcast images from one screen to another without delay;
- transfer media files wirelessly;
- do without a proprietary Apple TV set-top box;
- work in conjunction with other branded services like iTunes.
- run games on the iPhone and broadcast the image to the big screen, and by connecting a game joystick, the phone becomes a full-fledged console;
- watch movies in high definition;
- play music. It is especially pleasant if a home theater is included with the TV;
- use applications, for example, view photos and videos from iPhone or answer calls in Skype, Viber, etc.
Note! AirPlay works in two modes. streaming and video replay. In the latter case, the usual duplication of everything that happens on the small screen takes place on the TV. Streaming is used, for example, to watch movies in iTunes in real time.
AirPlay can control audio systems
It is also worth mentioning that not all Apple devices support this functionality. Option available on:
- iPhone 4 S and above;
- iPad Mini, 2 and up:
- iPod Touch 5 and above;
- Mac and MacBook computers (all without exception);
- Apple TV from the second generation;
- Airport extreme.
Important! For the AirPlay protocol to work, the Internet connection of both gadgets is strictly required.
How to Connect iPhone to Sony Bravia TV
As for Sony with their Bravia Smart-line, they can only be linked to an iPhone using Wi-Fi Direct technology. Also below will be considered bundles through adapters that are suitable for all smart diagonals.
How to connect iPhone to LG TV
LG has also figured out how to transfer images from iPhone to TV. For this, two applications were developed. LG Smart Share and Twonky Beam. The former is pre-installed on all of the brand’s large displays with Smart TVs. The second user needs to find and install in the App Store.
- Connect devices to a wireless network.
- Go to the application installed on the iPhone.
- Select “Show or Hide the Visual Indicators at the Edge of the Screen”.
- Next, select the media content that you want to broadcast to the TV.
- Wait until the inscription “Beaming” lights up.
In case of device conflict and other problems, like with Samsung, you can try to connect via iMediaShare.
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV
First, how to connect an iPhone to a Samsung or Philips TV. Brands work closely together, so they have similar functionality. So, by analogy with Apple, manufacturers have released their own application that allows streaming or screen replay from iPhone. AllShare.
To put it simply, the principle of operation is similar to AirPlay. This service is preinstalled on any Samsung TV with Smart TV. If not, it’s easy to download and install from Samsung Apps. All that remains for the user is to install a similar utility on his iPhone.
Note! On the App Store, the app is called AllShare TV-Cast.
Having installed the utility on both devices, all that remains is:
- Connect your phone and TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the application on the iPhone.
- Start searching for devices.
- Select TV.
- Find the desired media file in the internal search.
- Select it and click on the “Send to Screen” button.
You can’t play games through this application anymore. This connection is only suitable for surfing the Internet and watching media content. Advanced capabilities will be provided by the Apple TV set-top box, which will be discussed below.
For your information! If for some reason the iPhone does not install this application, the alternative is iMediaShare.