Via the iMediaShare app
Another convenient way to wirelessly sync iPhone to LG TV. This will require:
- install a free program called Smart your TV;
- download a SIMilar media program to your smartphone from the Internet;
- configure the connection of both devices to the same available wireless Internet;
- put a checkmark in front of one of the main menu items of the downloaded application, which allows device synchronization;
- decide on the content that you are going to watch on the big screen;
- click on the “bearning” button and playback will start.
How to connect iPhone to LG TV
Every day there are new smartphones that have advanced features. This primarily applies to mobile phones and other products manufactured by the American company Apple. The functionality of such “mobile phones” can be brought to a higher level if you synchronize them with TV. This article will describe in detail in what ways you can connect iPhone to LG TV.
What are the connection options
You can connect a TV with a smartphone using a special wire, as well as an adapter. The most convenient option is to use wireless networks. connection via wi-fi. All three methods are easy enough. Presentations, files and photos will be available for viewing on the big screen online.
Apple TV box
This type of synchronization is possible if you have a special TV set-top box from Apple.
To connect iPhone to LG TV via set-top box, follow these steps.
- In the Apple TV menu settings, click on remotes and devices.
- Connect the phone to the same Wi-Fi network with which the set-top box is connected, and then zoom in on the devices.
- After a message appears prompting you to create a paired connection, confirm it.
- Then, the TV screen will show a pin code, which must be duplicated on the smartphone. If you do not need to enter a password every time, you can refuse it by unchecking the security menu item about asking for a password.
After completing all the above steps, try to run any on your phone or open a picture, thereby checking the correct connection.
This option is the SIMplest, it can be used on any LG TV model and on an old iPhone. However, in this case, you will need to fiddle with wires and additionally purchase certain equipment, without which there will be no communication between electrical appliances. Such equipment, for example, includes an adapter.
If you connect via usb, you will be able to view files or photos on the big screen that are on the phone’s memory card. With this connection option, it will not be possible to establish an online broadcast or make a high-quality call via Skype.
To establish a USB connection, you first need to purchase a cable with a certain number of connectors:
- iPhone models 1 through 4 have a thirty-pin cable;
- starting with the fifth version, a special Apple Lightning cable is used, which costs two to three times more.
Connecting iPhone to LG TV is very easy.
- Insert one end of the wire into the charger port and the other into the dedicated jack on the TV.
- Make sure the TV detects a new external device.
- Enter the TV settings menu, select the required item with USB-mode from the signal source.
With the help of this connection option, smartphone users have the opportunity to display the highest quality digital signal on TV, it is possible to transmit an image with very good clarity. This is especially true for watching movies and other files that are in Full HD format.
In this case, you first need to check if your LG TV has a special connector of the same name. If it is present, then proceed to the next step. purchase an adapter of one of the types, Digital AV or Lightning AV. The first will fit the iPhones of the first four versions, the second. for the iPhone 5, 6 and other fresh versions.
Setting up a new connection through this cable also does not cause any hassle, everything happens by analogy with a USB cable, as described above.
The most practical, promising and most frequently used option for connecting to an LG iPhone TV today is wireless. To provide it, no wires or other special equipment are required. It can be used to expand the functionality of the connection, but it is only supported on LG Smart TVs.
With its development, it became possible to transfer any data and files from a smartphone, online playback via the Internet, and you can also display data from the iPhone screen to a TV. The main thing is that the latter has the support of this modernized technology. If it is absent, the AirPlay connection can be made through the AppleTV set-top box, which will be described below.
To connect a smartphone via AirPlay, you need to do the following steps:
- connect your phone and TV to the same Wi-Fi wireless network;
- select the item for duplicating screens in the phone menu (it is located in the so-called swipeable curtain);
- in the list of connected devices, check the box next to Smart TV;
- after the password appears on the TV screen, enter it into the pop-up window on the smartphone.
If you no longer need to duplicate device screens, then you can turn off this function with one click on the stop repeat position.
Google Chromecast box
For those cases when the TV is not equipped with a Wi-Fi adapter, the option with connecting special equipment that resembles an ordinary USB flash drive is very suitable. One of the popular options for such equipment is Google Chromecast.
To connect to an LG TV from an iPhone via this module, you need to do the following:.
- After purchasing this “flash drive”, insert it into the TV connector designed for the HDMI cable.
- Download an application called GoogleHome on your smartphone.
- Connect all gadgets to one home wireless network.
- After launching the application through the phone, you must enter your personal Google page.
- The program itself will find all devices that are able to connect at a given time. Select LG TV from them, then click “continue”.
- A code will pop up on the TV screen, which must be exactly repeated in a special column on the iPhone.
- After this step everything is ready to sync.
Is it possible to duplicate the screen via Bluetooth?
The smartphone allows screen mirroring via Bluetooth. The user will need to open the App Store and download the desired application. After opening, go to sync.
Image output via HDMI
Many users resort to HDMI. It is necessary to connect various devices with each other. The cable allows you to transfer images with high fidelity. It is ideal for watching movies, TV series with maximum resolution. Apple mobiles have a unique connector that doesn’t match most devices. To solve the problem, it is recommended to use a special adapter. Now follow these steps:
- Insert the wire into the IPhone.
- The other end of the cable connects to the adapter and TV. This connector is located on newer TV models.
- We define the correct connector in the settings. Be careful! There are several identical inputs on the set-top box. Specify the required.
- Wait until the mobile screen is duplicated on the TV. Turn on your favorite movie, watch it in good quality.
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV via usb?
Connecting a TV with Apple flagship gadgets via USB is a common method. In addition to playback, after turning on the mobile will begin to receive a charge. It should be noted that regardless of the device model, with such a connection, the iPhone acts as an external data carrier. Based on the technical characteristics of the gadget, an individual wire is used. This method is popular for slideshows, pictures or photographs. The option with the use of the Apple TV set-top box is also in demand. It is activated both wirelessly and with a cable.
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV via WI-FI?
Most TVs use the Wi-Fi connection option. The connection is needed for showing from a smartphone to the “big screen”. The method is easy to use. No additional cables or plugs are required here. Brief instruction:
Another way is to purchase an adapter from Google. It plugs into a separate slot, allows you to change the parameters with a wireless connection.
How to connect iPhone to Samsung Smart TV via Wi-Fi, USB, HDMI, programs
Faced the question of how to connect an iPhone to a Samsung TV? Despite the size of mobile screens, watching movies and TV shows on gadgets is inconvenient. Modern gadgets are connected to TV players. They play any files on the screen. This option shows slides with photos, interestings and episodes of your favorite TV series. In the article we will tell you how to connect a mobile phone to a TV, turn on a. Follow basic tips to get results.
Wireless synchronization to the network makes it possible to watchs live. Thus, users listen to music online and watch variouss. The method is considered the most convenient. Since, the iPhone owner will need to press several keys. Despite this, not all TV models are suitable for such operations. If the device does not have a special module, then buy a separate adapter. To open your own network according to DLNA technology you need:
- TV, on the displays of which it is displayed and it is equipped with a separate module or adapter;
- A router and a mobile phone that are connected via the same Internet line.
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
After installing the software, complete the settings. Run the application and select the menu in the required line. Click next to the TV model. Most often, you need to press near the TV series.
AirPay (screen replay)
Use the built-in mobile phone functionality. Unlock your smartphone and swipe down from the top of the screen. In the quick menu, click on the key. Wait for connection.
Analog cable connection
To use this method, you need to connect both devices with a separate cable. This wire is popularly called “tulip”. The only caveat is that with such a connection you cannot watch in high quality, resolution. You can connect to TV using the following cables:
- Composite. Insert the wire into your TV and smartphone. You do not need to set parameters. It is enough to turn on the AV button and click on the “Mirroring” button.
- Component. The instructions for execution are the same with the previous version. This method is suitable for users with an operating system higher than version 4.
- VGA wires. Purchase the appropriate cable to use this method. Remember that this option is suitable for all mobiles above 5S.
Samsung Smart View
This utility is used to display from IPhone to all models of the Samsung brand. Plus, there is no need to buy additional plugs or cables.
Instructions for execution:
- Connect your gadget and TV to your home internet. Launch the “Settings” folder and go to the “General” section. Then click on “Network” and select “Internet network settings”. Activate in the system.
- Download Samsung Smart Vive to your mobile phone. Run the widget.
- Turn on search engine for Samsung.
- Click and sync it to your TV.
- Confirm the operation and enter the code.
How to connect iPhone to Samsung Smart TV: Wi-Fi, USB, HDMI, programs
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV? Regardless of what screen your mobile has, its diagonal clearly won’t surpass the TV. On TV it is more convenient to watch TV shows, films, use the 3D option, and so on. For owners of modern phones of an American company, several channels of contact with technology are available: Wi-Fi, USB, HDMI, third-party programs.
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV via wi-fi
Since most of the new generation TVs support wireless access, the over-the-air method is the quickest and easiest. To do this, from two devices you connect to one access point, which is located the closest. in an apartment, house or office.
Samsung Smart View
Samsung Smart View is a system enhancement utility. You can download the current version of Samsung Galaxy Eps, Google Play, Epp Store and Windows. To establish contact, you need to download specialized software on both gadgets, and then connect them to the general Wi-Fi and confirm the pairing with a code. All program functionality is completely free.
If the TV supports DLNA digital content, then this option will also help establish contact between gadgets. How to connect to Samsung TV from iPhone via DLNA:
To pair with Apple TV, follow the guide:
- check the current connection of Apple TV and iPhone to the shared hotspot;
- on the phone, go to the settings section, and open the “Control Center” there;
- select the line “Screen repeat”, and click on the device through which the display will be carried out;
- then the system asks for confirmation. enter the four-digit code from the screen.
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV via USB
There is a USB cable in almost every home, and today almost all modern TVs are produced with such a connector. Therefore, just connect them together, and select the playback format on the phone.
Analog cable connection
This option affects the quality of the picture, it will be slightly lower than when connecting through other options. You will have to use one of the cables: composite, component, VGA. There are no particularly complex requirements here. just debug, and include.
Image output via HDMI
This method requires a cable. Be sure to make sure you have an HDMI connector in your TV beforehand. If your TV does not have an HDMI connector, you will have to purchase an appropriate adapter.
Turn off all equipment, connect the wires. Turn on everything and turn on the search for the smartphone. When TV “sees” the phone, the “Mirroring” option is activated. Due to what the picture comes to the TV screen.
If the action fails automatically:
- on iPhone, turn on data transfer using an HDMI cable;
- wait up to 15 seconds.
Special programs for connecting iPhone to Samsung TV
If the built-in capabilities are not enough for debugging, then you can use third-party programs. They also effectively cope with the task of connecting the device and transferring content to the big screen.
How to connect your phone to your Smart TV
There are several ways to connect your phone to your Smart TV. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages that determine its use.
The USB connection does not imply direct display of the image to the screen. In this case, we are talking about using a smartphone as an external storage device. Opportunities for transferring and playing specific files will open, but it will be impossible to use mobile applications.
Almost all smartphones connect like this:
- using a standard USB cable, the jack in the phone is connected to the corresponding jack on the TV;
- USB input is selected in the list of signal sources on the TV.
If your TV has multiple USB ports, you may need to specify the corresponding number.
After connecting from the TV, you can open the directories of the smartphone and play or move any files from there.
This connection method assumes that the TV has a Wi-Fi adapter. Not all models are equipped with this component, so it’s best to find out in advance. Wi-Fi connection additionally requires a smartphone with Android operating system at least version 4.
The process boils down to a few SIMple steps:
- in the settings section on your smartphone, you need to select the “Wi-Fi Direct” item and enable this function;
- the device will automatically search for available networks and display them on the screen;
- at this time on the TV, you also need to enable the “Wi-Fi Direct” function, which is most often located in the “Network” settings section;
- a list of devices available for connection will appear on the screen, among which you need to find a smartphone and connect to it.
When connected, the TV will send a request to the phone to confirm the operation, after which the signal from the smartphone will be broadcast on the screen along with sound.
DLNA is a set of digital standards that open up vast possibilities for creating a home network. Any devices that support this standard can be combined. At the same time, any media files can be easily transmitted in high quality.
Making a connection may seem a little more complicated than using other methods:
- you will need to provide a common Wi-Fi network and connect all devices to it;
- a special application is installed on the smartphone to create a server for the exchange of information (for Android systems, this is the BubbleUPnP program).
This technology allows you to transfer audio and photos to the TV. However, there may be problems with the direct transmission of the image to the screen, since such an opportunity is not provided here.
Modern digital devices support a convenient wireless data transmission technology called Miracast. The method must be supported by both devices, as well as the use of one common Wi-Fi network.
The technology allows you to comfortably broadcast the image to the screen, play games and view. There are practically no restrictions on viewing.
- in the TV settings in the “Network” section, the Miracast function is activated;
- this type of connection is also launched on the smartphone;
- to start the broadcast, you just need to lower the upper curtain on the smartphone.
It should be noted that not all Android versions are suitable for this type of connection. Sometimes you may not find a SIMilar option in the settings. In some cases the solution may be to install additional software.
Image transmission from mobile devices from Apple is possible using the AirPlay system. The most important condition for using this option is the presence of an Apple TV set-top box. It is small in size and significantly expands the functionality.
The set-top box connects to the router via a wireless connection. And the iPhone uses the same network.
To transfer the image on the smartphone, you need to find the AirPlay button in the main menu. A list of devices that can receive information will open. The used Apple TV box is selected from this list. When you click the “repeat” icon, all actions on the smartphone screen will be broadcast to the TV.
Control of playback or music is performed by the telephone, which in this case seems to be an excellent replacement for the traditional remote.
Lightning for iPhone
You can connect iPhone to Smart TV using the included Lightning cable, which has a USB output for TV.
- TV and smartphone are connected via cable;
- in the settings you need to specify the smartphone as a signal source.
The process is very SIMilar to a standard USB cable connection. And the result is the same. The phone does not broadcast the image to the big screen, but will function like a regular flash drive.
A dedicated HDMI cable is better for transferring images directly from iPhone to TV.
MHL systems have been specifically designed to combine HDMI and micro-USB functionality. This approach made it possible to transfer not only the image, but also high-quality sound from mobile devices to the TV. With this connection, the smartphone is also charged.
It is the SIMultaneous transmission of sound that distinguishes MHL from traditional HDMI interfaces. However, there are also disadvantages, the main of which can be considered the impossibility of SIMultaneously connecting an external drive to the gadget.
Connecting via MHL is not much different from a regular USB connection. Here it is enough just to connect the wire and select the device as the main signal source.
With a Chromecast set-top box, you can easily connect your smartphone and TV via wireless interfaces. In this case, there are no special requirements for the TV, since the main work will be done by the Chromecast itself.
The set-top box is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable and becomes its “brain”. The set-top box has a built-in Wi-Fi adapter, which can be comfortably used to synchronize digital devices.
- Google Chromecast set-top box connects to the TV;
- connected to a Wi-Fi network;
- the Google Home program is installed on the mobile device;
- an account is created and the software is pre-configured.
Now, when you press the broadcast key, the entire image from the smartphone screen will be transferred to the TV screen.
To Samsung TV
The vast majority of Samsung TVs already have a built-in Wi-fi tuner, with which connecting the device to the internal network will not be a problem. In this case, it is enough just to turn on the SmartHub mode, which is responsible for a more convenient location of the control buttons.
Once connected, you can use one of the most common wireless methods: Miracast or Wi-fi Direct. Samsung devices support both technologies.
For owners of smartphones from Samsung, it becomes possible to connect a phone to a Samsung Smart TV using the Screen Mirroring function. You need to enable it in the smartphone settings, and then select your TV from the drop-down list. And now the image from the phone is broadcast to the big screen.
How to Connect Your Phone to a Smart TV: The 8 Best Ways
Owners of TVs with Smart TV support are thinking about the possibility of connecting a smartphone to it. It’s so convenient sometimes to display the image directly from the phone without having to look for something separately on TV. And the transfer of data in this case will be greatly SIMplified. There are many ways to combine two devices.
To LG TV
TVs from LG provide for connection to a smartphone via USB cable or Wi-fi Direct. But if the brands of TV and smartphone match, the Smart Share function will be available to directly transfer the image to the screen. Connecting your phone to your LG Smart TV via Wi-Fi won’t be a problem.
The latest Smart TV models run on the webOS operating system. The possibilities of this firmware are enough for comfortable broadcasting of images from the phone. We should also highlight the ability to play audio through the TV even when the screen is off.
Features of connection and settings
Depending on the TV model, the process of connecting a smartphone and subsequent setup may differ.
Without using a Wi-Fi router
Almost all TVs equipped with a Wi-Fi function, as well as most devices running on the Android platform, also have Wi-Fi Direct technology, which allows gadgets to communicate with each other “directly” without using a router or home network. With such a connection, the TV displays what is happening in the smartphone, but cannot manage folders and directories by itself.
Unlike HDMI, this cable will not show you the smartphone screen, but will open a folder with its contents. You can reproduce the same way. music and open photos, in addition, Smart TV will be able to recognize popular document and presentation formats.
And again, the whole process is extremely SIMple. turn off your smartphone and TV, and then connect the cable to their USB ports. Do not forget to choose the cable that suits you. the TV has a connector with a regular USB output, but smartphones have built-in micro-USB or mini-USB, so your cable should have different types of ends. After switching on, the connection will already be established.
Previous connection options apply to both Smart TVs and regular TVs without this technology. This section will focus specifically on connecting to “smart” devices, since wireless contact requires Wi-Fi technology, which not all TVs have.
So, how do you connect your phone to Smart TV if, for example, you are on a visit and do not have a cable at hand, or just do not want to get tangled up in wires? There are also several options for this.
Features of connecting the phone to Smart TV
You can use SMART TV to displays, photos or games from your smartphone’s memory on a large screen.
The interaction capabilities of a smartphone and a TV depend on wired and wireless interfaces, software versions facing the connection of tasks.
For example, a smartphone can be used as:
- an advanced control panel or text input;
- external microphone;
- the system unit to which the keyboard and mouse are connected;
- and so on.
And TV as:
- second screen;
- a full-fledged workstation (like a PC);
Below we will consider the popular ways to connect your phone and Smart TV.
Via Wi-Fi router
To establish a connection you will need:
- TV with smart TV and Wi-Fi functions;
- smartphone with Wi-Fi function;
- home Wi-Fi router.
First, you need to connect your TV and smartphone to your home Wi-Fi network. After that, let’s look in the menu for a special application from the manufacturer, which allows you to directly connect devices of the same brand. So, to make life easier for its customers, Samsung released AllShare, Sony. VAIO Media Server, Philips. Philips MyRemote, and LG has Smart Share. Here it is necessary to separately mention how to connect iPhone to Smart TV. Apple has also provided the ability to connect its smartphone to iTV. For this, an Apple TV set-top box with AirPlay technology is used.
There is no doubt that the manufacturers have worked so hard to develop these products for a reason. All of them significantly expand the possibilities of the usual connection between a smartphone and a TV. With these applications, audio and. files are automatically converted to a format that can be played by the TV, the picture quality is improved so that it is not damaged by stretching on a wide screen, the phone can act as a remote control, and if you pair with Smart TV on the contrary, the remote control will open programs and folders on the smartphone.
The cable with this name is especially appreciated by users for the fastest and highest quality data exchange. When you connect an HDMI cable, the TV “mirrors” the smartphone on its screen. In other words, it shows the manipulations that you perform on your phone. This just allows you to show off your photos and clips in front of a large audience, launch your favorite “shooter” or enjoy a musical composition stored on a flash drive.
So, to establish an HDMI connection, you need to turn off your smartphone and TV, insert the cable into the appropriate connectors, then turn on the devices. Typically, the connection is configured automatically. It remains to switch the TV to transmit a signal via HDMI.
If you are at home, using wires will not cause you much inconvenience, but it will significantly improve the quality of pairing and transfer of information from a smartphone to a TV.
How to connect your phone to Smart TV using Wi-Fi Direct:
- Select “Wireless networks” in the smartphone menu. Find the item “Wi-FiDirect”, activate this function.
- We go to the TV menu, select “Network”, also activate “Wi-FiDirect”.
- The TV then finds all available devices for connection. Among them we find our smartphone (the name, which most often coincides with the model of the device, can be found in its settings) and select it.
- Almost immediately, the smartphone asks for permission to connect the TV. We, of course, approve of it and begin to actively use the established connection.
Some recent devices can find a function such as Wi-Fi Miracast. Built on top of Wi-Fi Direct, it also provides instant pairing capabilities without connecting to your home Wi-Fi network. Naturally, as a technology that appeared later in time, Wi-Fi Miracast has some differences from its predecessor. In particular, the transfer of large files has been improved, the exchange of 3D files is possible, the operating mode with a smartphone has been modernized with an economical consumption of battery power. The process of creating a connection is the same as when using Wi-Fi Direct, except that you need to select the Wi-Fi Miracast function in the device menu.
By the way, if your smartphone has Wi-Fi Miracast technology, and your Smart TV does not support it, you can purchase a special adapter that will fill this gap for you. The device looks like a large USB flash drive, only instead of a USB connector it has an HDMI interface for connecting to the back of the TV.
Now you know how you can connect your phone to Smart TV. You just have to evaluate your capabilities and study the TV manual to find out what functions it is equipped with.
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, the best way to connect is through the Mirror Cast for Samsung TV app. It is specially designed for this manufacturer, so the connection is stable and bugs are minimized. The wired connection is carried out as usual.
Smart TVs from LG are equipped with a Wi-Fi module, so the easiest way to connect them to a smartphone is via the app, as described above. But first, you need to install LG Smart the TV itself. The rest of the connection is standard.
TV and iPhone. making contact
Most iPhones have great displays on which to view and view photos. But, you see, it’s often more convenient to do it on the big screen. Let’s take a look at how you can connect your iPhone to your TV.
With a cable
Using a cable, you can connect your smartphone directly to your TV without using any set-top boxes. You will need:
- HDMI or VGA cable (depending on the connector that is on your TV. If you have both, it’s better to take HDMI. the image quality will be higher);
- iPhone 5 and above. VGA / HDMI to Lightning adapter;
Such an adapter costs about 1,000 rubles.
This is a SIMilar adapter, but for older iPhone models
Connect one end of the VGA / HDMI cable to the TV and the other to the adapter. Insert the adapter cable into your smartphone. Turn on the TV and select the VGA or HDMI line in the INPUT menu (depending on which connection you used).
This connection is the SIMplest and does not require any special actions.
connect iPhone to TV using HDMI adapter. To Apple TV
If you have an Apple TV set-top box, then you can stream from your phone using the AirPlay protocol, which provides fast and stable data transfer. Like the previous method, it works for iPhone 5s and up. It’s easy to connect to the console:
- Make sure Apple TV and iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network. Set-top box and TV must be turned on.
- Open Control Center and tap Screen Replay.
This button is by default located in Control Center
Search usually takes no more than 10 seconds
The button appears in apps that support streaming to TV, such as YouTube
Features of connection to different TV models
All TV manufacturers have their own characteristics, so let’s clarify how to connect iPhone to different models.
How to connect iPhone to TV
All methods of connecting a smartphone to a TV are divided into two categories. wired and wireless.
You can wirelessly connect to your TV if you have a DLNA streaming device connected to your TV. These include Xbox, Roku, Amazon Fire, and most Smart TV boxes. To find out if your device is DLNA compliant, check the specification or the manufacturer.
This method works for iPhone 5s and above.
To connect to a DLNA device, you need the iPhone and the device to be on the same Wi-Fi network:
- Download the AllCast app to your smartphone. It’s free.
- Open the app and tap the streaming icon in the lower left corner. It will start scanning the network for compatible devices.
When the application finishes scanning, you will see a list of devices available for connection. or a notification that none were found
To connect an iPhone to a TV via USB, you only need two things. a regular USB-Lightning (or USB-30pin) cable from which you charge, and a TV with a USB connector.
The USB connection does not allow transferring the picture from the iPhone to the TV. This type of pairing only tells the TV to use the smartphone as a flash drive. This means that this way you can see the files downloaded to your iPhone storage. for example, a photo or. downloaded from the library. But you won’t be able to view documents saved on iCloud or another cloud service:
- Connect iPhone to TV with cable.
- Select USB as source in the TV menu.
- Wait a few seconds for the devices to pair.
Four Ways to Connect IPhone to TV
Smartphones are no longer a luxury, but an essential attribute for both students and employees of various companies. The new generation phones have excellent technical characteristics: large memory capacity, wide multimedia capabilities, high screen resolution. One of the notable features is the synchronization of gadgets with TVs, which allows you to display various files on a wide screen, for example, recordings from the Iphone. Let’s consider the main ways how to connect an “apple” smartphone. iPhone. to a TV.
It is also possible to connect the “apple” gadget to the panel through a multi-component high-definition interface: in modern TV models there is at least one such connector. HDMI. To connect the plug to your smartphone, you need a special adapter from Apple.
Further, the synchronization process is quite SIMple: devices are turned off, cables are connected to the TV panel and to the phone via the Lightning connector. If the phone does not have a micro-HDMI jack, it is permissible to use a micro-USB-HDMI signal converter. After turning on the devices, the necessary settings are made automatically, but in case of an error, this will have to be done manually. To do this, activate “HDMI” as a signal source on each device. If synchronization is successful, the picture from the smartphone will be displayed on the TV screen.
Using the DNLA protocol
After installation, the user needs to start the streaming mode in the application and send a test one. When launched, the program will start looking for compatible devices. If the “Network” mode is activated on the TV in the corresponding DNLA-client, then the devices will see each other, and the TV-screen will start playing back the sent from the iPhone.
In the established connection, reverse data exchange is also possible. Through the application on the TV, the user can access the information stored in the memory of the mobile phone, access to which is appropriately configured in the AllCast program on the iPhone.
Features of pairing iPhone with TVs of various brands
Companies use a variety of technologies to communicate wirelessly with other devices in their TVs. Some manufacturers can provide their models with proprietary software solutions, like Samsung and Philips mentioned above for using AirPlay. LG TVs are preinstalled with Smart Share app for DLNA networks.
Smart Share app for LG TVs
Other brands may not offer proprietary software. For Smart TV, the iPhone owner will have to select the right third-party product.
Conventional TVs supporting DNLA standard can be connected to iPhone via AppleTV set-top box.
Connection via AppleTV set-top box
The branded Smart-set-top box AppleTV will allow you to connect your iPhone wirelessly to a regular TV. The device takes on the role of an intermediary, as it is equipped with support for the proprietary data exchange protocol “over the air” AirPlay. In such a wireless pairing, the set-top box receives streams from the iPhone, and it redirects the broadcast to the TV connected to it via the cable interface.
For the first pairing of an iPhone with a TV in tandem with an AppleTV, the following manipulations are required.
- The AppleTV set-top box must be physically connected to the TV with the appropriate interface.
- The iPhone must have the STB management utility installed.
- To establish pairing, the application starts the “Screen Repeat” mode.
- The smartphone starts looking for a set-top box working in the home Wi-Fi network.
- When the device is found, click on the name and enter the code displayed on the TV screen in the connection confirmation window that opens.
Proprietary AirPlay streaming technology
Smart TV manufacturers take into account the desire of mobile device owners to watch streaming. Models of such brands as Samsung and Philips are equipped with AirPlay support directly from the factory via built-in software: MirrorCast and AirScreen, respectively. This approach determines the stable operation of the communication channel and the optimal stream transmission speed. To use AirPlay technology on Smart-TVs of other brands, you need to look for suitable third-party software
The connection procedure is as follows:
- Launch the desired application on the TV. If the program provides a synchronization option, activate the mode.
- On the iPhone, enter the Home application, and wait for the gadget to detect TV as an external display.
- Register the found device in the app.
The AirPlay pairing protocol provides the following:
- high quality streaming transmission;
- duplicating iPhone images on the TV screen;
- desktop extension.
The built-in Wi-Fi module in the Smart TV will allow you to connect without using wires and additional devices. This is by far the most convenient method of syncing and transferring information from one device to another.
Using other connectors
How to connect iPhone to TV if the latter does not have HDMI port? In such a situation, you can use the composite input, but since a direct connection is impossible, you will need the same Digital AV Adapter. over, through the adapter it is possible to synchronize equipment even using a VGA cable, but the sound will need to be output separately.
In general, it is easy to connect using a variety of wires and special adapters. Apple’s “USB AV” composite cable is suitable for 3G / 3GS / 4 series phones and plugs into the RCA jack. All plugs are color-coded to eliminate confusion during connection.
Combo AV Cable for Apple
How to connect iphone to TV using AV cable:
- disable the connected equipment;
- connect each plug to its corresponding output;
- when switching via a vga cable, output the audio separately with a cable for acoustics or through a lightning connector;
- 5 or 4s series phones duplicate content on the display, but 3g or 4 display programs;
- USB connector is used to recharge iPhone during playback.
USB phone connection
Synchronizing iphone with a TV set via USB is quite SIMple, and the phone battery is recharged during the connection, which is very convenient. If you connect your iPhone to your TV via USB, the smartphone will not play content, but act as a removable storage device. Depending on the phone model, connect the micro-USB cable and the 30-pin or Lightning connector.
When wondering if it is possible to connect an iPhone to a TV, the user can settle for any of four main methods. Naturally, there are alternative methods, such as using the Apple TV box or less legal options, but they are not as popular among experienced smartphone owners. Fans of apple technology will also be interested in how to connect an iPad to a TV.