How to connect a set-top box to an old JVC TV model
To watch twenty free digital channels on an old TV receiver, you need a digital set-top box connected to an outdoor or indoor antenna.
- To do this, purchase a DTV DVB-T2 set-top box, do not forget the cable for connecting to the TV, if it is not included in the kit.
- Connect the tuner to the TV and turn on the AV channel mode on it using the remote control.
- We turn on automatic configuration on the console and wait for the installation to complete.
Instructions for tuning digital channels on a JVC TV
With the transition to digital television, many are having trouble tuning digital channels on their JVC TV. After all, this manufacturer of equipment is widely represented by its TVs in our country. Therefore, if you have problems with the transition to digital television, then this article will help you.
Auto channel search
In order to independently set up digital television on your JVC TV, connect the TV cable coming from the antenna to the TV jack.
- Take the remote and press the MENU button.
- Press the right button to go to the Channel section.
- Next, you need to select the Tuner Type Cable or Antenna.
- Select Antenna to tune DVB-T2 digital terrestrial television. If you are connected to a cable operator and want to set up DVB-C cable TV, choose Cable.
- Click on Autosearch.
- Now you need to select the country of broadcasting Russia.
- Search type, you need to choose when you want to install cable channels, choose better Full.
- Click on Start and wait for the end of the scan.
How to know if JVC TV supports DVB-T2 ?
In order to determine whether a JVC brand TV supports the digital broadcasting standard, look in the TV passport, it should indicate the presence of a DVB-T2 tuner and other characteristics.
If you do not have the documents, you can view the information on the Internet by indicating the full model of the TV on the RTRS website.
You can also call the manufacturer’s hotline and ask him about the characteristics of your TV model.
The following are two different ways to search for channels, one for SIMple models, the other for Smart TVs running on Android OS
Install channels on JVC Smart TV
Modern models of JVC TVs with Smart TVs are mainly produced on the most popular operating system for TV Android TV.
Therefore, below is an instruction on how to set up channels on a modern TV with Smart TV.
- To search for digital channels, you must immediately switch to the DTV format by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control. If there is no such button, then press Input and select DTV.
Wait for the scan to finish, it may take several minutes. After that, if you wish, you can edit the found programs.
New models of JVC TVs have a built-in satellite tuner for watching satellite channels. To do this, connect it to a satellite dish and insert a CAM module with an access card. Next, you need to start the search by selecting the type of tuner Cable or DVB-S.
How to connect Selenga to an old TV
The parameters do not require additional manipulation. The only thing available to the user is to change the menu language.
Does not respond to remote control
If the receiver refuses to receive signals from the remote control and does not react in any way to the user’s actions, then replace the batteries first. Other reasons:
- The remote is broken.
- You are trying to use it from a long distance. That is, the signal SIMply does not reach.
Connecting the device
The set-top box has the necessary inputs from the rear:
- Antenna connector.
- Power supply input.
- RCA connector.
- HDMI input.
The front panel includes another USB input, as well as the main control keys, including power, menu and volume control.
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
You can connect the Selenga digital set-top box to the TV using the following aLGorithm:
- Insert antenna cable.
- Connect the power supply.
- The last step is connecting HDMI or RCA tulips.
The diagram below describes the connection stage in more detail.
The following options are available to the user in the system parameters section:
- Parental control function. Allows you to restrict access to viewing certain TV channels. When using this option, the system will ask you to enter a password. Enter 000000. You can also put a code to use specific applications on the TV, for example, on YouTube.
- Reset parameters. This feature is only used as a last resort. Let’s say there was a system failure and many of the options on the TV no longer work, and the steps to solve the problem did not work, then reset the settings to factory settings.
- Updating software. Remember that every software needs regular updates. If this is not done, then over time, various errors may appear. Usually, the update occurs automatically by the system itself, but sometimes an unexpected failure occurs, which is why you have to install the update manually.
How to connect a digital set-top box Selenga and set up channels
The process itself does not require a lot of experience. The whole procedure is carried out using a special console from the console. Initially familiarize yourself with the purpose of the buttons, this will allow you to quickly configure all the parameters.
How to connect a Selenga set-top box to a TV to receive digital channels
In this article, we will consider the procedure for connecting a set-top box, and its main features. Preliminarily, we note that all the instructions below are suitable for model lines. t42d, t81d, t20d, t420, hd950d, t81d. The main advantages of the console:
- Provides access to 20 digital channels.
- Many useful functions are built-in, including TV Guide, Parental Control, the ability to turn on subtitles, etc.
- Supports Dolby Digital.
- It is possible to connect to outdated TVs.
What is needed to connect
Everything you need to connect is already included with the device:
- Connection cable. RCA. These are tulips made up of three plugs of different colors.
- Remote controller.
- Power Supply.
As you can see, the package does not include an HDMI cable, which is used in all modern TVs.
The program manager, in turn, is divided into several categories. Let’s consider each item separately.
The channel editor implies a set of parameters, thanks to which you can:
- Add a specific broadcast to your favorites list. To do this, mark the channel with a red mark by selecting the channel and pressing “OK”.
- To remove from this category press “FAV”.
- If you want to remove a channel from the list so that it is not broadcast at all, then select it and press the blue button on the remote control.
- To skip the broadcast, use the green key.
- If you want to move the channel to another position, then press the red key, and when you select the location, click “OK”.
- You can block the channel by pressing the yellow button.
Please note that this section may require you to enter a password when editing the broadcast list. Usually a standard SIMple code is set. 0000. So you can assign a certain number to the air, delete a specific channel, add to favorites or remove it from there.
The next function in the program manager is TV Guide. This option allows you to view the upcoming TV broadcast schedules. You can also read the description of a specific channel. In other words, this is the TV guide.
The third category is sorting. Allows you to sort the broadcasts by title or identification number. So you can set them alphabetically, use your own numbering, or set automatic.