How to connect a wireless keyboard to a laptop or tablet
I think no one will deny that the popularity of tablets has grown dramatically lately and many users cannot imagine their work without this gadget :).
But tablets (in my opinion) have a significant drawback: if you need to write something longer than 2-3 sentences, then it becomes a real nightmare. To fix this, there are small wireless keyboards on sale that connect via Bluetooth and allow you to close this flaw (moreover, they often come with a case).
In this article, I wanted to take a step-by-step look at how to set up the connection of such a keyboard to a tablet. There is nothing difficult in this matter, but as elsewhere, there are some nuances
Connecting the keyboard to the tablet (Android)
The wireless keyboard has dedicated buttons for enabling and configuring the connection. They are located either slightly higher above the keys, or on the side of the keyboard (see Fig. 1). The first thing to do is turn it on, as a rule, the LEDs should start blinking (or on).
Next, turn on the tablet and go to the settings (in this example, an Android tablet, how to set up a connection in Windows. will be described in the second part of this article).
In the settings, you need to open the “Wireless networks” section and turn on the Bluetooth connection (blue switch in Fig. 2). Then go to Bluetooth settings.
If your keyboard is turned on (the LEDs should be blinking on it) and the tablet starts looking for devices available for connection, you should see your keyboard in the list (as in Fig. 3). You need to select it and connect.
Pairing process. establishing a connection between your keyboard and tablet. It usually takes 10-15 seconds.
The final touch. on the keyboard you need to enter the password to access the tablet, which you will see on its screen. Please note that after entering these numbers on the keyboard, you need to press Enter.
If you did everything correctly and there were no errors, then you will see a message that the bluetooth keyboard is connected (this is the wireless keyboard). Now you can open Notepad and type a lot from the keyboard.
What to do if the tablet does not see the bluetooth keyboard?
1) The most common is a dead keyboard battery. over, if this is your first time trying to connect it to a tablet. Charge the keyboard battery first and then try to connect it again.
2) Open the system requirements and description of your keyboard. Suddenly it is not supported by android at all (pay attention also to the Android version)?!
3) There are special applications on “Google Play”, for example “Russian Keyboard”. By installing such an application (it will help when working with non-standard keyboards). it will quickly eliminate compatibility problems and the device will start working as expected
Connecting a keyboard to a laptop (Windows 10)
In general, you need to connect an additional keyboard to a laptop much less often than to a tablet (after all, a laptop has one keyboard :)). But this may be needed when, for example, the native keyboard is flooded with tea or coffee and some keys do not work well on it. Let’s see how this is done on a laptop.
A similar step as in the first section of this article
Very often Bluetooth is not turned on at all on a laptop and no drivers are installed on it The easiest way to find out if this wireless connection works is just to see if there is this icon in the tray (see Fig. 7).
How to Connect Bluetooth Wireless Headphones to any TV How To With Kristin
If there is no tray icon, I recommend that you read the article on updating drivers:
3) If Bluetooth is turned off (for whom it works, you can skip this step)
If you have installed (updated) the drivers, then it is not a fact that Bluetooth works for you. The point is that it can be turned off in the Windows settings. Let’s take a look at how to enable it in Windows 10.
First, open the START menu and go to the parameters (see Fig. 8).
Next, you need to open the “Devices” tab.
If everything was done correctly, you will see your keyboard in the list of devices available for connection. Click on it, then click on the “link” button (see Fig. 11).
Next, a standard check. you need to enter the code on the keyboard, which will be shown to you on the laptop screen, and then press Enter.
The keyboard is connected, in fact, you can work behind it.
To check, you can open any notepad or text editor. letters and numbers are printed, which means the keyboard is working. Q.E.D…
Through the Internet
- go to the main menu;
- follow the [Support] section and the [Software update] item;
- we start the update now;
- the TV will find a new firmware version and offer to install it;
- confirm the operation.
Then everything will happen automatically. As soon as the process is completed, we try to reconnect the device.
Is it possible, at all, to connect the keyboard to the TV
Many people do not know about this, but such a possibility exists, moreover, for all models with Smart TV released after 2012. The only condition is the use of the device, which is provided by the manufacturer. All the information you need can be found in the TV manual. If nothing is written in it, then in the TV settings you can check the connectivity:
- open the menu, go to the [System] section, [Device Manager],
- if there is a keyboard in the window that appears, then the connection option is provided.
over, both a wireless keyboard for Smart TV and a regular model can be used.
What to do if the TV does not see the keyboard
In most situations, there are no connection problems, but sometimes the TV does not see the connected device. What to do in such a situation?
We open the instructions. In it, the manufacturer must provide a list of devices that can be connected to the TV. If the connected keyboard for Smart TV is supported, but the synchronization does not occur, then you need to update the firmware on your TV. There are several ways to do this.
How to connect a wireless keyboard to a TV
The popularity of TVs with Smart TVs is increasing every year. Such models with enviable constancy acquire new and interesting features. Naturally, users have various questions. One of the most relevant is how to connect a keyboard to a TV.
Features of Samsung branded keyboard
A special wireless keyboard with touchpad for Samsung Smart TV is available to users. When connected, it gets access to all functions, but a regular device has certain limitations. Although it is enough to work in a built-in browser.
Now let’s take a look at what the branded device offers:
- Fast connection. the TV instantly recognizes the device, no additional settings are required.
- Convenient control. you can perform any operations, including completely replaces the remote control.
- Touchpad. provides fast movement around the screen.
- The presence of hot keys. open access to various sections of the menu with one click.
- Compatible with Samsung gadgets operating on the Android platform.
Keyboard for Smart TV Samsung
However, the keyboard for Samsung Smart TV has a number of significant limitations. Not all applications support it. Many app makers simply ignore this device.
It also connects only to those TVs that are equipped with a Bluetooth adapter.
We use a USB flash drive
- On the computer, go to the official website of the manufacturer, download the latest version of the firmware.
- We format the USB flash drive in FAT32.
- We drop the software onto the drive and connect it to the TV.
- In the TV menu, select the update now section. The TV will detect the firmware on the USB flash drive and install it.
If the reinstallation did not bring the desired result, we try to connect another keyboard. Otherwise, it will be necessary to involve specialists so that they have already made the connection and the necessary settings.
How the connection is made
You don’t need to install anything on your Samsung or TCL TV for third-party devices to work. There are a number of simple steps to follow. Let’s take a closer look at how to connect a wireless keyboard to an LG TV:
- Whether wired or not, a USB connector is required for connection. You can find it on the side or back of the TV.
- Installing a special adapter for wireless keyboard operation into the USB connector.
- A notification will appear on the screen that the device is successfully connected. Now you can get to work.
Also, when working with certain TV models, you will need to perform a number of additional steps to complete the connection:
- go to [Device Manager];
- an inscription with the name of the device will appear in the window that opens;
- press the [OK] key on the remote control and change [Needs pairing] to [Connected] in front of the device, in the Russian-language interface it should be displayed that the connection is established.
Of course, the remote control is quite a handy thing, but it is no longer quite suitable for working with smart TVs. It is much more convenient to connect a keyboard. over, it is absolutely not important whether it is branded or ordinary. It will be enough to perform standard manipulations. If you strive to use all the functionality, then you need a branded device. However, it has a significantly higher price. There are usually no problems with connection, provided that the TV provides such an opportunity.