How to Connect Wireless Headphones to LG TV
As we mentioned above, you can simply connect bluetooth headphones and an LG TV only if these headphones are also made by LG.
The very procedure for connecting to TV in this case is as follows:
- Click on “Menu”;
- Select “Sound”;
- Next, find “Audio Out”;
You can also use the following scheme:
- Go to the menu, and select “Bluetooth” there;
- Next, select “Bluetooth headset”, then click on “OK”;
- To search for devices, press the green key;
- From the found typefaces select yours, then click on “OK”;
- If necessary, enter the PIN-code, taking the number from the instructions for the headphones.
The above two methods do not work well with Bluetooth headphones from other manufacturers. In this case, the LG TV Plus application can help us. You need to install this application on your smartphone and connect it to your LG TV. In the settings of this application, run the “Bluetooth Agent” section, and through this agent connect the headset to the LG TV.
If the agent is not visible in the application, look for an earlier version of this application on the network and install it on your gadget.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to your TV
Most TVs with a “Smart” set-top box support connecting devices using Bluetooth technology. And we can quite easily implement such a connection on our own. Below we will analyze the options for connecting your Bluetooth headphones to a modern TV set from a number of popular brands (Samsung, LG, Sony). And also consider the characteristic features of such conjugations.
What you need to know about connecting Bluetooth headphones to your TV
We may need to connect a wireless device to TV in two main cases:
|We do not want to disturb the people around us with a loud sound.||In this case, the use of wireless Bluetooth headphones is most justified and will definitely be encouraged by others.|
|Due to the sound of the headphones, on the contrary, we want to abstract from the people around us and extraneous noises.||This will help you to focus 100% on the sound and picture from the TV.|
It’s also important to make sure your TV has a built-in Bluetooth module. You can get the relevant information in the technical passport of the device, or by going to the TV manufacturer’s website and reviewing the information about your device.
Way to Pair Bluetooth Device with Samsung TV
We will start our review by describing how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Samsung.
To do this, you need to do the following:
- Open your phone settings;
- Select the “Sound” section;
- In this section, click on the “Speaker Setting” option;
To return to listening to sound through the TV speakers, simply turn off the headphones. At the same time, a pop-up message will appear on the screen asking if you want to play sound through this device. Select “Yes” to play the sound again through the bluetooth device.
If you want to turn off the automatic detection of headphones by the TV, select your headset model in the speaker setup menu and then “Delete”. ” Yes “.
Sony TV manual
The schematic diagram of connecting wireless headphones to a Sony TV via a Bluetooth connection boils down to something like the following:
- Go to your TV menu;
- Select there “Wired and wireless networks”;
Classification of wireless headphones
Since we are interested in the possibility of connecting acoustics to a TV, we will consider the classification of wireless headphones based on this very criterion. There are several methods for transferring audio data wirelessly:
- via Bluetooth interface;
- by means of radio waves;
- using Wi-Fi technology;
- via infrared port;
- use of NFC technology.
Consider the features of each of the technologies.
How to connect wireless headphones to LG TV
Another Korean brand, LG, uses its own operating system. The algorithm for connecting a wireless headset under WebOS has its own characteristics, it is much more complicated and it is far from always possible to find documentation or reference information on these devices.
The main limitation is the ability to use only branded audio components. With headphones from other brands, you are unlikely to be able to create a working connection.
In most cases, for synchronization, you need to select the “Sound” menu item and the “Sound synchronization (wireless)” subsection. But note that when LG engineers turned on the Bluetooth interface, they focused on using it to connect the Magic Remote and some other branded gadgets. So there is a chance that you will need a separate Bluetooth adapter to connect the headphones.
Here is a more complex alternative scheme for connecting an acoustic headset:
- go to the settings menu of the Bluetooth interface;
- click on the “Bluetooth headset” sub-item, confirm;
- press and hold the green button to initiate the search for available devices;
- we select the headphones of our model, we confirm;
- enter the PIN, which can be found in the user manual.
There is another way. using third-party programs. For example, TV Plus. this application is available on Google Play, you can also download it on the Apple Store. This method is applicable only for webOS version 3.0 and higher. Install the application on a smartphone, launch it, synchronize via Bluetooth with the TV, find the “Bluetooth Agent” section in the menu and use it to connect the headphones.
This uses a different type of analog signal transmitted in the infrared range. Headphones amplify and reproduce the converted sound. The range of infrared transmitters is small. about 10 meters, while the sound quality is not the highest. any interference leads to its distortion. Accordingly, such headphones are very rare, and you should completely forget about the possibility of using them with a TV.
This method of connection is the second most popular after Bluetooth, but it is not used so often in headphones. for this they must have a modem mode. Otherwise, the connection is possible through a router, which is much more complicated and less reliable. The advantage of Wi-Fi is a high transmission speed that allows you to broadcast an audio signal without compression, that is, with the highest possible quality.
A rather exotic interface that requires synchronization of devices that are at a minimum distance from each other (literally a few centimeters). Of course, both devices must have the NFC function and the ability to activate it.
How to independently connect wireless headphones to TV
Most TV models are equipped with built-in speakers, the quality of which can only be talked about very conditionally. Usually, lovers of high-quality acoustics connect expensive systems to TV, but this option does not suit everyone. One of their fairly budgetary solutions to get natural and clear stereo sound is to use headphones. But since in the modern world mobility is above all, we are talking about their wireless version.
But if there are no problems with connecting a wired analogue, then wireless headphones still need to be able to synchronize with your television receiver, and this is not an easy task at all.
Connecting Wireless Headphones to Samsung TVs
The Korean brand does not need recommendations, and modern Smart TVs are sold out like cakes. Reliability, reliability, excellent picture and sound characteristics. qualities that cannot be taken away from the TVs of this company. But there are also disadvantages, one of which is the peculiarities of its own control software. It is very difficult for beginners to understand it, including when it comes to connecting wireless headphones.
Compatibility issues are a common cause of unsuccessful connection attempts, so it is preferable to use a headset of the same brand.
The specific connection algorithm depends on the model and firmware version. General recommendations are as follows:
- go to the “Sound” menu item, select the “Speaker settings” button;
- we turn on our headphones with a Bluetooth interface, located at a distance of no more than a few meters from the television receiver;
- we wait until the blue LED starts blinking on the device, indicating a successful connection;
- click on the menu item “List of Bluetooth headphones”;
- choose our model.
Note that the menu interface itself and the names of its items may differ slightly, but in general, the algorithm is the same for all Samsung models.
The exception is TV K series, where after selecting the “Sound” menu item, you need to sequentially click on the “Select speaker” and “Audio Bluetooth” tabs.
Connecting wireless headphones to an Android TV
TVs from Philips, Hyundai and Sony operate on this operating system from well-known brands. The general scheme of how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a TV receiver, described above, is applicable in this case:
- go to the main TV menu, select the “Wired / Wireless Networks” menu item;
- select the “Bluetooth” sub-item, activate the interface;
- select the button “Search for Bluetooth device”, press OK. A message will appear asking you to activate Bluetooth on the connected device;
- turn on the headphones, and since Bluetooth is built-in here, you do not need to activate it, you must immediately click on the “Search” button;
- the successful connection of the devices will be indicated by a blinking LED on the headphones, if this does not happen, try again;
- after switching on the TV will display the name of your headphones (possibly other devices with Bluetooth enabled), select them and select the “Connect” menu item;
- it remains to choose the type of device. In our case, this is “Headphones”. After specifying them, the message “Connected” will appear to the model name of your headphones.
Note that the sound from the TV will now only go through the Bluetooth interface, even if the headset is turned off. You can disable it in the “Remove device” section.
Of course, to re-enable the wireless interface, you will have to do all the settings again.
Since this type of connection is considered the most popular, most of the questions related to this topic sound something like this: “how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a TV receiver”.
In general terms, the pairing mechanism is simple and applies to all devices that support this interface:
- activate Bluetooth on both devices;
- on one of them (usually more intelligent), we search for equipment with Bluetooth enabled;
- we activate the connection.
The same algorithm applies to wireless headphones, the TV acts as a head unit. If the TV-receiver works under Android and iOS OS, then in these operating systems this option is present initially, as well as on laptops. Built-in Bluetooth is rarely present on computers.
There are three ways to connect iPhone to Sony TV. It’s over Wi-Fi, USB and HDMI. It is worth disassembling them in more detail.
- In the phone settings, you need to go through the following windows that open. Settings. Wireless networks. Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi Direct. It happens that the last tab is missing, then you need to go to the “Additional settings” menu.
- After this action, the search for available networks is activated.
- Let’s move on to setting up TV. Using the remote control, open the menu on the TV and find “Network”. A window with possible connection methods will open. Choosing Wi-Fi Direct.
- The next step is to confirm the connection of the phone on the TV screen.
After that, the connection can be considered complete.
- This connection requires a special output on the phone. In case of its absence, an adapter can help.
- Select the signal source on the TV screen. HDMI.
- We connect the smartphone using a cable.
- The system will determine what screen resolution is needed and display it on the TV screen.
The settings are complete and the TV is ready to play the phone resources.
- We take a USB cable and use it to combine the TV and smartphone.
- In the TV menu, open the Signal Sources, among other things, you need to opt for USB. By the same principle, it is necessary to carry out actions on a smartphone. Synchronization confirmation window will appear on its own.
Everything will be displayed on the screen as if you were working on a computer. You can open folders, view pictures, videos or listen to music. All this is controlled by the remote control.
Sony TV: How to Connect a Digital TV
The modern world has made great strides in technology and TV is no exception. LCD TVs can easily replace your computer. Owners can connect them to the Internet (local or wi-fi), go to any sites of interest, use TVs to watch videos or listen to audio. But without additional devices, work will be difficult.
Digital TV differs significantly from analog TV. For example, as an image. If we compare the two, it’s like comparing old magnetic videotapes with modern Blu-ray.
With the advent of digital television, program schedules have become available on the TV screen. There is no need to buy newspapers and magazines to see the list of programs for today. To connect such broadcasting, special digital set-top boxes were previously installed, now on Sony TVs, this need has disappeared and everything is done much easier. directly to the antenna input.
To start tuning, you first need to determine the type of digital signal to be processed. Then we perform the following actions:
- Press the “Home” button on the remote control.
- Open the “Settings” menu on the display.
- In the installation we find “Configuration”.
- Then, by pressing the button “Autosearch digits. Stations “go to the next menu.
- In the window that opens, select the type of digital TV connection. cable or terrestrial broadcasting.
- Further, if TV is on-air, then the settings will start immediately. If it is cable, then you need to select your operator, click “OK” and wait for the settings to complete.
The best way is to connect the speaker to the receiver using HDMI ARC. The technology is as follows. A signal from a multimedia device is sent to the receiver, and then the audio and video are divided into two streams. the video is fed to the screen through the HDMI wire, and the sound goes to the soundbar. If viewing is carried out without connecting external multimedia devices, then the streams go directly to the TV, and sound will be played through the cable to the speakers.
Advice! It is worth noting that for high-quality sound and image reproduction, you must purchase an HDMI cable of version 1.4 or higher. and also make sure the audio system and TV are ARC capable.
If there is no ARC support, then there are two more ways. this is connecting using a tulip or through the headphone jack. When connecting a tulip, you need to manually translate the sound.
If you use the TV to constantly watch videos, listen to music or visit sites, then for this case, a mouse will be a more suitable tool for switching and searching. The mouse can be wireless or with a wire.
For example, using the remote control for these purposes is not very practical and causes difficulties in operation. The main job of the remote control is to change channels and adjust the volume. Otherwise, it is better to use the mouse.
In order to connect to the TV, you need to do the following:
- We insert the Bluetooth transmitter from the mouse into the USB port, which can be found on the back panel or side of the TV.
- On the TV screen, you must confirm the activation of the device and turn on Bluetooth in order to synchronize.
- A new device notification window will appear. You must wait until the end of the process.
Then you need to take the remote control and confirm the next action by pressing the OK button. A message appears that the connection has been established.
With only the remote control at your disposal, you will not be able to solve all the problems with the multifunctionality of the Smart TV. For these purposes, peripheral devices are provided. But unfortunately, not everyone knows how to correctly manufacture devices, for example, a keyboard. In this part of the article, the connection process will be examined in detail.
Such a device can be connected both automatically and manually
The process of connecting a keyboard to a SONY TV is not much different from simple wired devices. For the device to work properly, there is no need to install additional drivers or any other software. To do this, you need to go through the following steps:
- We insert the keyboard adapter into the USB port. It is usually located on the back.
- We activate the peripheral device and turn on Bluetooth to synchronize the devices.
- A window will appear on the screen with a message about the appearance of a new device.
Advice! In some TV models, devices are connected manually. To do this, open the “Device Manager”. And in the window that appears, select the keyboard. Only after that your device will be available on the screen.
In order to enjoy wireless television listening, it is enough to know how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a SONY TV, devoid of all sorts of wires.
- It must be found in the settings. “pairing devices” via Bluetooth. Compatibility and connectivity may vary depending on the TV model.
- Press the down arrow on the remote control and scroll to the “Settings” icon. Please note that some functions and applications may not be available. It all depends on the country and region of residence of the owner.
- Then we find “Network and Accessory and in it open” Bluetooth Settings “.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Scroll down the list and click the “Device List” button.
- The TV can connect to multiple devices. The number of connected devices may vary.
- In order to connect a new device, you must click on the plus. When doing this, make sure that the device to be connected is within reach and with Bluetooth connected.
- When the device is found, it will appear on the menu screen and show as “Unknown.”
In this video, you will learn more about how to connect a digital TV: