Why connect iPhone to Smart TV
The very fact of having an iPhone and a TV with Smart TV is already a reason to connect one with the other, and it doesn’t matter what you end up broadcasting; audio files, videos from YouTube, content from iTunes or show photos and videos from your latest adventures. Or decide to play your favorite game on the big screen.
To connect your iPhone to your TV, you can use one of the existing methods. Let’s conditionally divide them into wired and wireless. Since in one case we will have to physically connect the smartphone to the TV using a wire, and in others no wires, in any case we will not need between the phone and the TV.
How to connect an iPhone to a Smart TV LG, Samsung, Sony TV
How to connect iPhone to Smart TV on LG, Samsung, Sony TV
The first method, suitable for all these models, is through the HDMI port. In addition to the HDMI TV cable itself, you will need a Lightning Digital AV adapter hub. Immediately after connecting the phone and TV, the setting is automatic, you just need to confirm the actions. This connection is reliable and suitable for broadcasting streaming video, mirroring what is happening on your screen. For work, in the TV menu, select the HDMI connection method.
The next cable connection is via the USB connector. In this case, connection and configuration also occurs without any problems. You need to connect the iPhone to a Sony TV, or any other brand via a regular USB cable, it is important that on one side it has a Lightning connector. Synchronization in this way occurs automatically without any complications. For further work in the TV menu, select the USB connection method and enjoy.
How to connect iPhone to TV via Wi-Fi
If we talk about wireless methods, then the iPhone always has at least plus one method here. Almost all modern TVs with Smart TVs support Apple AirPlay technology.
To connect an iPhone to a Samsung, LG, Sony TV, hereinafter we are talking about new models, you need to make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Then on the TV go to “Settings”, “General”, “Apple AirPlay Settings”, put the switch to enable mode.
After that, when streaming on the iPhone, a corresponding shortcut will appear, clicking on which video or image will be displayed on the TV screen.
In order to duplicate the smartphone screen, pull the shutter down and select “Duplicate Screen”. We choose an Apple TV device or TV. After that, everything that happens on the phone screen will be displayed on the TV.
If you use Apple TV for broadcasting, then you can’t do without an iOS device for presetting. After you have connected the TV and the set-top box, make sure that all participants in the process are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Next, select “Configure manually”, activate the iPhone and bring it to the console and then follow the instructions on the screen. After such a procedure, your TV will follow any commands on your smartphone.
Apple is constantly working to expand its network of loyal brands. And also on the perfection of its software product, more and more blurring the boundaries between iOS, TVOS, macOS. The company strives to ensure that all products work as a single hardware and software organism.
The most practical way to sync devices. There is no need to purchase and connect wires and other additional equipment. Allows you to expand the sync options, but is mainly available on TVs with Smart platform.
All connection methods
Sometimes it becomes necessary to display information from a smartphone on a large screen. For example, give a presentation or watch photos and videos in real time.
Connecting a smartphone to a TV screen is quite simple. This can be done using adapters and wires or take advantage of the capabilities of wireless technologies.
AirPlay lets you stream content from your smartphone, stream video, or mirror your iPhone screen to your LG Smart TV. It is important that TV equipment supports AirPlay technology.
To view your smartphone screen on TV you need:
- Connect devices to a single Wi-Fi network.
- Find on the smartphone in the control menu the item “Screen repeat”.
- Select Smart TV from the list.
- A password will appear on the TV screen, which must be entered on the iPhone. After that, the screen will start to be displayed on the TV.
Connecting iPhone to LG TV via AirPlay
To stop the screen transfer, it is enough to select the Stop Repeat item in the “Screen Repeat” menu.
All LG Smart TVs have a built-in Wi-Fi module, so it’s easy to connect your iPhone to them:
- Install the special LG Smart Share application on your TV equipment. This program is free.
- For iPhone, download the iMediaShare app from the Apple Store.
- Connect both devices to the same home Wi-Fi network.
- Select in the main menu of the program the item “show or hide the visual indicators at the edge of the screen”.
- Select media content to be viewed from the TV screen.
- To start playback, press the “Bearning” button.
Sync iPad and TV using iMediaShare
In the same way, you can sync devices using the Twonky Beam app on the iPhone.
Google Chromecast device
If the TV does not have a Wi-Fi adapter, then you can use the additional Google Chromecast equipment, which looks like a USB flash drive.
Google Chromecast device
- Insert Google Chromecast equipment into the HDMI connector of the TV.
- Download the Google Home program to your phone.
- Connect devices to a single Wi-Fi network.
- Open the app on the iPhone. In the settings menu, specify your Google account.
- The app automatically searches for devices that are turned on and ready for use. You need to find LG TV in the list of found devices and click “Next”.
- A code will appear on the TV-screen, which must be entered into the application on the smartphone. After that, synchronization will occur.
How to connect iPhone to LG TV via Wi-Fi, HDMI, AirPlay
The capabilities of modern smartphones are constantly expanding, especially when it comes to the gadgets of the legendary Apple. By synchronizing the iPhone with the TV, you can increase its functionality. Let’s look at several options for how to connect an iPhone to an LG TV.
This method of wireless synchronization requires the presence of special equipment. an Apple TV set-top box. Connection to it is carried out via Wi-Fi.
Before configuring, it is important to update the operating systems in the devices to avoid errors.
- Go to the Apple TV menu, find the “Settings” item, then “Remotes and Devices”.
- Connect iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network as Apple TV and bring both devices closer to each other.
- IPhone will display a “Pairing” notification.
- Next, you will need to enter the PIN code, which will appear on the TV screen. In order not to have to enter a PIN each time, go to the Apple TV security settings and uncheck the “Require a password for AirPlay” item.
That’s all, check the connection of devices by running any video or photo on the iPhone.
Wired connection is the easiest and most affordable way for all LG TV models and iPhone versions. But in this case, you will have to buy additional equipment, for example, an adapter.
For iPhone versions 1 through 4: Apple USB cable, which has 30-pin connectors. You can buy it for 1000. 2000 rubles.
Apple USB 30-pin cable
For iPhone 5 or higher: Apple Lightning to USB Adapter Cable.
Apple Lightning to USB Adapter
- Connect a suitable cable with one end to the iPhone charging port and the other end to the TV jack.
- Make sure the TV sees the connected device.
- Go to the TV settings, and find the “Signal Source” menu, select the “USB-mode” item in it.
The advantage of an HDMI cable is that it can carry the highest quality digital signal. This is especially true if you plan to view Full HD video files.
First, you need to make sure that your LG TV model has an HDMI connector and purchase an adapter: Digital AV Adapter for iPhone up to 4 series or AV Adapter Lightning for version 5 iPhone and newer.
- Connect one end of the adapter to the phone, and the other to the HDMI connector of the TV.
- After connecting the devices with an HDMI cable, the connection is automatic.
- Select HDMI port as “Signal Source” through the TV menu.
After connecting, specify the signal source
As you can see, there are several ways to connect iPhone to LG TV. The choice depends on the functionality of the television equipment, the availability of the necessary additional devices, as well as the result that you want to get from synchronization.
Why connect your MacBook to your TV
If you have a Smart TV hanging on your wall and have a MacBook at your disposal, then for the convenience of work and entertainment, one should be connected to the other. You can turn the TV panel into an additional monitor. So you can watch movies, play, work, view images, and show the home screen and much more. It is convenient and very simple.
Below we will consider all the existing connection methods. wired and wireless. And also consider which method is better to use in a specific situation.
How to connect a MacBook to a TV
For the first method, we need an HDMI or USB-C cable, depending on the laptop model. For example, if you have a MacBook Air or MacBook 12 Retina, then here for all needs only Thunderbolt 3, and all issues are solved by hubs and adapters. The MacBook Pro with all kinds of ports last came off the assembly line in 2015. Modern models are equipped only with Thunderbolt 3, and various adapters are used to connect additional equipment.
So, if you have a Mac, a smart TV from LG, Samsung, Sony, or any other and necessary cables with connectors, we can start connecting. By the way, transmission via HDMI is best suited for watching movies in high quality, as it allows you to seamlessly transfer content with a resolution of at least 1080 p., As well as 4K, 5K, Ultra HD.
- We connect the Mac and TV through the appropriate connectors.
- Turn on the TV and select the HDMI power source. After that, the image on the MacBook screen should be displayed on the TV.
- On the MacBook, in the upper left corner, go to “Apple”, “System Preferences”, “Monitors”.
- Here, on the “Monitors” tab, select “standard for monitors” for automatic settings, or “scalable” for manual settings.
To watch movies, it is necessary that the TV reproduces not only the image, but also the sound.
- Go to “Apple”, “System Preferences”, “Sound”, “Exit”.
- In the list of devices, select your TV. If we use an audio system to output sound, it is important that the device is previously connected to the MacBook.
Now let’s figure out how to connect a MacBook to a Samsung Smart TV wirelessly. For wireless broadcasting to a TV panel, Apple has a special AirPlay technology. It is also supported on some third party brand products. If your TV is one of the latest Samsung, LG or Sony models. Here, by default, a set of tools is preinstalled for comfortable work with Apple products.
To check if your Smart TV supports AirPlay technology on the TV, go to “Menu” or “Settings”, “General”, here AirPlay models should have a corresponding item.
Go to the AirPlay setting on the TV.
- Selecting “enable”.
- The first time you broadcast, you may need to enter your PIN. Therefore, we go to the item “Require code”.
- Now, in order to duplicate the Mac monitor on the TV, in the upper right corner, click the AirPlay icon, select “enable video replay”.
If the AirPlay icon is not displayed, go to “Apple”, “System Preferences”, “Monitor”, select “Show replay options in the menu bar, if available”.
If your TV does not support AirPlay, you will need an Apple TV set-top box to connect your MacBook Pro to a TV using this standard.
Alternatively, you can connect your MacBook Pro to your TV. There are a number of applications for this that can be downloaded from the AppStore. For example, Mirror for Samsung TV or Mirror for LG Smart TV.
The principle of working with applications is approximately the same.
- Download the program on the MacBook from the App Store, install.
- We check that the TV and MacBook are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, there was no connection between the devices, USB, HDMI, the “Screen Display” mode is disabled.
- Turn on the TV, on the MacBook, an application shortcut will appear in the upper right corner of notifications.
- Click it, if everything went well, your TV will be displayed here. By selecting it, the image from the MacBook screen will be reflected on the TV screen.
To adjust the sound, go to “Apple”, “System Preferences”, “Sound”, “Output”, here you select your device.
As you can see, connecting your MacBook Air to your TV is very simple. For viewing, it is better to choose a wired connection or AirPlay with a local Internet connection.
Option with “USB” is not suitable if you need to duplicate the screen.
After connecting, access to the iPad directories appears on the TV screen. This means that you can open only content previously loaded into the tablet’s memory. Even if you are satisfied with the method, remember that the TV is limited by the supported file formats. Most of the common formats modern Smart TVs open. But problems may arise due to unsupported codecs. So, sometimes there are situations when the video is played, but the sound is inaudible.
The principle of connection is the same, you will need an adapter or multimedia cable suitable for the iPad connector.
The connection itself is done in a known way:
- devices are connected with selected cords / adapters;
- in the TV menu “Source” (or “Inputs”) select “USB”;
- the contents of the iPad are displayed on the TV screen. Select the files you want, play videos, watch photos, listen to downloaded music.
How to connect via AirPlay
TV and tablet must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Below you will find instructions using the iPhone 11 Pro as an example. The algorithm of actions and names of items is no different from the iPad tablet on the new iOS.
Full Screen Mirroring of iPad to TV:
- Go to the quick action menu. This is done with a wave of your finger (opening the shutter). On iPad with iPadOS 13 or later, swipe in from the top-right edge of the screen to expand the menu. Older systems require swiping from the bottom of the display.
- Click on the “Screen Repeat” option.
- If AirPlay on the TV is working, then the TV receiver will be displayed in the list of found devices.
- Click on the name of the TV. Four digits appear on the TV screen.
- Enter the suggested code into the field on iPad.
- The “iPad” image will be displayed on the TV-device. The picture will be streamed mirroring. Any actions will be repeated on the TV, as indicated by the name of the function used.
To turn off duplication, go to the function and click “Stop repeat”.
How to stream specific video from iPad to Smart TV TV:
- Play on iPad the video you want to display on your TV.
- If viewing is carried out through a standard player in iOS (or iPadOS), then among the playback control functions there will be a duplicate button. Indicated by a monitor icon with an arrow at the bottom.
- After clicking on the broadcast icon, select the image output device, that is, the TV.
The repetition stops in the same way. But in the list of devices for broadcasting, iPad is selected.
To view your photos on TV, go to the Photos app. Open the image, click on the “Share” icon. Then, select the AirPlay dubbing option. The method may be relevant for transferring movies and videos to the TV screen if a third-party playback application is used.
AirPlay picture broadcast
AirPlay is a fast wireless data transfer technology used by Apple.
Since 2018, some TV manufacturers have implemented AirPlay in their devices. This is a big plus, since earlier it was possible to synchronize “iPad” with a TV set over the air only through an external set-top box Apple TV Box. Now, if the TV supports AirPlay, you can display the image from the iPad in a few clicks.
Connecting iPad via HDMI
The HDMI interface is on every modern TV. At least one input, but will be present on the interface panel. Depending on the iPad model, there are several ways to physically connect to the HDMI input on your TV. The choice of cable / adapter will be influenced by the iPad version.
It is always recommended to choose an adapter that has not one required output, but at least two. One is for the connection you need. The second connects to the power cord for charging so that the gadget does not turn off during connection.
- If your tablet has a Lightning connector, a digital AV adapter is required. One end of the adapter has a Lightning plug that plugs into an iPad. At the second end there is a small box with a different set of outputs. The simplest version contains an output only for an HDMI cable. The image above shows an adapter with an optional USB-C input. Expanded options available with the addition of a standard USB connector (USB-A).
- If the “iPad” has a built-in USB-C interface, the connection diagram does not differ from the previous one. An adapter is required, but not with a Lightning plug, but with a USB-C. In addition to the adapter, you can use a regular USB-Type C to HDMI cable.
Apple doesn’t make such cables. Therefore, you will have to buy a third-party connector.
The connection is made as follows:
- Turn off the TV with the button on the remote.
- Connect the devices to each other with a cable or a system with a cable and adapter.
On the TV, use a port that is not labeled with unnecessary labels (with the exception of connector numbering). For example, an old TV may contain a port with a “DVI” prefix on the case. The HDMI (DVI) interface is designed to transmit only the video channel. Consequently, there will be no sound.
If the TV says “No signal”, then the problem is either the wrong port selection in the source menu, or the cable / adapter is damaged. A malfunction of the connector on the TV receiver is not excluded.
Checking for AirPlay
You can make sure that the TV works with “air” transmission technologies (AirPlay) by familiarizing yourself with the characteristics of the equipment.
- Find out the model code of your TV. It is written on the box, in the documentation and on the label glued to the back of the case.
- Open the search engine Yandex or Google. Enter your request in the search field “characteristics [model]”.
- Go to multiple sites. A single resource may not contain a complete list of characteristics. Search through the page (press CtrlF on your keyboard) and enter part of the name “Air”. If the function is built into the TV, the search will surely find a match on the specifications page.
This is a multimedia player from Google. Designed to switch images from small mobile screens to large TV screens. Compatible with popular operating shells. Android, iOs, Windows.
The external player looks different. The earliest version looks like a flash drive with the inscription ChromeCast.
The latest players are more functional and better in work. The dimensions are also small, but the design has changed dramatically. This is a round player with a plug-in cord.
- To broadcast to the transmitter device, you need to install the Google Home app.
- The TV must be in a Wi-Fi network to which the player will connect during the initial setup.
- Connect the player to the HDMI TV receiver. Supply power through the supplied power supply or one of the USB TV sockets.
- Launch the Google Home app. The utility should find the player and propose step by step to set the necessary settings.
- Step by step you need to go through the setup to the end.
- Then, from the iPad, it will be possible to broadcast information to the TV through Google Home, the Chrome browser and other compatible programs with Chromecast.
Connecting via Wi-Fi (DLNA)
The TV must definitely support DLNA technology. All modern Smart TVs are capable of playing multimedia content via DLNA. Older TVs may need to enable DLNA mode before sending content. New devices do not require the function to be enabled first. All external connections are available in the background.
The application allows you to send content of different types to the TV screen. So, you can transfer the multimedia files and content from services located in the device’s memory (for example, the same YouTube).
The application can also be used on Android devices.
As the developer writes in the application card, iMediaShare supports output to TVs Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, LG, Sharp and Philips. The program is compatible with multimedia, game consoles and players: Xbox One, Xbox 360, Apple TV, DISH Hopper, Chromecast. In practice, the list is much wider. For example, users often stream content via the Sony Playstation game console.
How to enable AirPlay on MacBook Air?
Click the AirPlay status icon in the menu bar, then select your Apple TV. When the AirPlay monitor is active, the icon is displayed in blue. In some cases, the AirPlay monitor can be used with your MacBook Air even if it is not connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Apple TV.
How to display an image from a MacBook to a TV over Wi-Fi?
- Connect your laptop and set-top box to your home wireless Wi-Fi network.
- Open the laptop operating system settings.
- Go to the “Displays” section.
- In the line “AirPlay Display”, select “Apple TV”.
- Apply and save your changes.
How to connect AirPlay to your TV?
Streaming content from your Apple device to your TV:
If AirPlay is not set up, press the (Input Select) button on the TV remote control to select (AirPlay). Then select AirPlay & HomeKit Settings and turn on AirPlay. Make sure your Apple device is connected to the same network as the TV.
How to connect a TV to a MacBook Air?
How to connect a Mac to a regular TV
- Mac computer with a Mini-Display, Mini-DVI, or Thunderbolt port.
- Mini-DisplayPort to Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapter with Audio Support
- HDMI cable.
- HDMI TV.
- A couple of thousand rubles for the purchase of this equipment (in Russia) or 500 rubles (via eBay or Amazon)
How to cast screen from Mac to TV?
Duplicate or extend your Mac display
- Connect your Mac to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- On a Mac, click the icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Select an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-compatible Smart TV.
How to link Win and Mac OS over the network?
If your Mac stubbornly doesn’t want to communicate with Windows, from the global Finder menu choose Go. Connect to Server (or just press Option and K). In the Server address line, enter the following smb: //192.168.5.1 (the IP address of our Windows 7 computer) and click Connect. Mac will ask for username and password.
Can Playstation 4 Connect to Mac?
The Playstation 4 has an option that lets you play any game available on the console through your Mac OS device. The main conditions without which the system will not work are the presence of a Playstation 4 joystick with a wire for connecting to a Mac and an Internet connection.
How to connect a Mac to a TV wirelessly?
How to display an image from a MacBook on a TV via Wi-Fi?
- connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network;
- on a laptop, open system settings and go to the Displays tab;
- in the AirPlay Display row, select Apple TV;
- then click on the “apply” button.
Screen mirroring features on LG Smart TVs
One of the ways to watch your smartphone on LG TV is Screen Mirroring. Almost all Android phones have this capability. LG calls its TV screen mirroring feature Screen Share.
Note: Mirroring from iPhone / iPad directly to most LG Smart TVs may not be possible. However, there are workarounds discussed after the next section on Android Screen Mirroring.
How to connect your phone to your LG Smart TV
- There are several ways to do screen mirroring on LG TVs, including screen sharing, streaming, and content sharing.
- Screen sharing on LG TV on Android devices requires mirroring function such as Miracast, HTC Connect or Wi-Fi Direct.
- Apple AirPlay 2 Supported on New LG Smart TVs to Share LG TV Screens on iPhone.
Watching a video on a smartphone or tablet is convenient. However, if you have an LG Smart TV, instead of viewing on a small smartphone screen, watch these images on a large TV screen.
Stream content from your smartphone to LG Smart TV
Another way to watch content from Android phone to LG Smart TV is broadcasting.
LG Smart TVs are equipped with DIAL (open and start) function. This allows you to stream selected apps (currently YouTube and Netflix) directly from your Android phone or tablet to your LG Smart TV without the need to connect an additional Chromecast device.
While this is similar to LG screen sharing (screen mirroring), there are differences:
- Smartphone or tablet and TV must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Broadcasting using the DIAL system only works with some applications.
- Only content is displayed on the TV screen. Smartphone settings icons remain on the smartphone screen.
- While the streamed content is playing on your TV, you can simultaneously perform other tasks on your smartphone or even turn it off.
- If the Android smartphone or tablet app is compatible with DIAL casting, the Cast logo will appear on the phone screen.
- The app you are streaming must be installed on both your smartphone / tablet and your TV.
Here are the steps to use this feature.
2.Open a compatible app (YouTube or Netflix) on your Android phone.
Note: To broadcast using the DIAL system, you need to install the broadcast application on your smartphone or tablet and TV.
3.Tap the Cast icon at the top of the screen of the selected app, then tap LG Smart TV as the device you want to stream to.
Note: If the app has a cast icon, but the LG TV is not listed, it means the content cannot be cast to the LG TV without adding an external Chromecast.
You can now watch content selected on your smartphone on LG Smart TV.
Screen Mirroring on iPhone and iPad
Select 2019 LG TVs (OLED B9, C9, E9, W9, R9, Z9 series and NanoCell SM9X / SM8X, UHD UM7X series) with Apple AirPlay 2 support allow screen mirroring directly from iPhone / iPad.
Note: Smart TVs LG 2018 and earlier do not support screen mirroring directly from iPhone / iPad.
If you have an LG Smart TV that is not AirPlay 2 compatible, possible workarounds include:
- Third Party Apps: Some apps allow you to mirror screen from iPhone / iPad to LG Smart TV, including Video and TV Cast, Airbeam, Airmore and Mirror for LG Smart TV Streamer Cast. LG does not guarantee that third-party screen mirroring applications will work on all LG Smart TVs; some of these apps can also be used with Android phones.
- Indirect Screen Mirroring: This can be done from an iPhone / iPad to an Apple TV or Chromecast, which in turn streams the mirrored content to an LG TV via an HDMI connection.
Tip: To use iPhone with Chromecast, iPhone must have iOS 6 or higher.
How to use LG Screen Share with Android
The screen mirroring function on smartphones of different brands / models may be called:
- Screen Sharing or Smart Share (LG)
- Wireless display (also known as WiDi)
- Display mirroring
- HTC Connect
- Wi-Fi Direct
Here’s how to use LG Screen Share with Android phones:
- Turn on your LG Smart TV and select Screen Share from the main menu.
- On your smartphone, tap Settings (or screen mirroring icon), choose where to play media (or a similar step), then select your LG Smart TV from the list of devices. It may take a while for the phone to detect the TV.
Note: In the rest of the steps, the phone (HTC Android) is on the left and the LG TV screen is on the right.
- Tap the LG TV in the list to start the connection procedure on the smartphone. The phone and TV will display their connection status.
- After completing the procedure, the screen of your smartphone or tablet will be displayed on the LG TV.
Note: In most cases, smartphone content, OSD menus and setting options will be displayed on the LG TV screen.
- This is how mirrored content from smartphone looks like on LG Smart TV with Screen Share function.
- To end your screen mirroring session, tap Disable in your smartphone screen mirroring settings (if available), turn off your smartphone, switch to another function on your TV, or turn off your TV. If you play content from a specific app, it will stop playing if you use another function on your smartphone.
Screen mirroring from PC to LG Smart TV
In addition to smartphones, you can also mirror PC or laptop to LG TV using Screen Share app.
- Open the Screen Share app on your LG TV.
- On your PC go to Device Settings.
- Select Bluetooth and other devices Add Bluetooth or other device.
- In the dialog that appears, select Add a device (select a wireless display or docking station).
- Then select LG TV and wait for confirmation.
- After confirming the connection, make sure the projection mode is set to Duplicate so that you can get an accurate mirror of your PC screen on your LG TV.
- After completing the PC actions, everything that is displayed on the screen of your PC will be reflected on the LG Smart TV.
- To end your screen mirroring session, select the Disable prompt in the small black rectangular box at the very top of your PC screen, switch to another feature on your TV, or turn off your TV.
Tip: LG Screen Share can also be performed by connecting your computer to your LG TV with an HDMI cable.
Content sharing option
While Screen Share is the most direct way to mirror the screen of a smartphone or PC to an LG Smart TV, LG provides additional options in the connector settings of the TV device.
When Device Connector is selected on the home screen, you are taken to a menu that includes connection options for all devices, including a smartphone or PC.
Note: The Screen Share app can also be accessed through the device connector on your LG TV, in addition to direct access from the main menu. However, since its function was discussed earlier, the focus below focuses on the Content Share parameter, which can only be accessed in the device connector.
DEVICE CONNECTOR SMARTPHONE CONNECTION REQUEST
Select Content Share for step-by-step instructions on your LG smartphone and TV.
When the steps are complete, you will see the photo, music and video sharing menu on your LG TV screen. This allows you to play compatible files of these categories from your smartphone on your LG TV.
DEVICE CONNECTOR PC CONNECTION REQUEST
Content Share also allows LG Smart TV to access and play compatible music, photo and video files stored on a PC or laptop.
Tip: LG Smart Share app must be installed on your PC or laptop for Content Share to work with both PC and TV.
If you select Content Share for PC and follow the connection instructions on your PC and LG TV, you will see the menu for sharing photos, music and videos on your LG TV. By selecting a category, you can display compatible files stored on your PC on your LG TV.
Image transmission from mobile devices from Apple is possible using the AirPlay system. The most important condition for using this option is the presence of an Apple TV set-top box. It is small in size and significantly expands the functionality.
The set-top box connects to the router via a wireless connection. And the same network is used by the iPhone.
To transfer an image on a smartphone, you need to find the AirPlay button in the main menu. A list of devices that can receive information will open. Select the Apple TV you are using from this list. When you click the “Video Replay” icon, all actions on the smartphone screen will be broadcasted to the TV.
Control of video or music playback is performed by the phone, which in this case seems to be an excellent replacement for the traditional remote.
How to connect your phone to your Smart TV
There are several ways to connect your phone to your Smart TV. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages that determine its use.
The USB connection does not directly transfer the image to the screen. In this case, we are talking about using a smartphone as an external storage device. Opportunities for the transfer and playback of specific files will open, but it will not be possible to use mobile applications.
Almost all smartphones connect as follows:
- using a standard USB cable, the jack in the phone is connected to the corresponding jack on the TV;
- USB input is selected on the TV in the list of signal sources.
If your TV has multiple USB ports, you may need to specify the corresponding number.
After connecting from the TV, you can open the directories of the smartphone and play or move any files from there.
This connection method assumes that the TV has a Wi-Fi adapter. Not all models are equipped with this component, so it’s best to find out in advance. Wi-Fi connection additionally requires a smartphone with Android operating system at least version 4.
The process boils down to a few simple steps:
- in the settings section on the smartphone, you need to select the “Wi-Fi Direct” item and enable this function;
- the device will automatically start searching for available networks and display them on the screen;
- at this time on the TV, you also need to enable the “Wi-Fi Direct” function, which is most often located in the “Network” settings section;
- a list of devices available for connection will appear on the screen, among which you need to find a smartphone and connect to it.
When connected, the TV will send a request to the phone to confirm the operation, after which the signal from the smartphone will be broadcast on the screen along with sound.
DLNA is a set of digital standards that open up vast possibilities for creating a home network. Any devices that support this standard can be combined. At the same time, any media files can be easily transmitted in high quality.
Making a connection may seem a little more complicated than using other methods:
- you will need to provide a common Wi-Fi network and connect all devices to it;
- a special application is installed on the smartphone to create a server for the exchange of information (for Android systems, this is the BubbleUPnP program).
This technology allows you to transfer audio, video and photos to your TV. However, there may be problems with the direct transmission of the image to the screen, since such an opportunity is not provided here.
Features of connection and settings
Depending on the TV model, the process of connecting a smartphone and subsequent setup may differ.
How to Connect Your Phone to a Smart TV: The 8 Best Ways
Owners of TVs with Smart TV support are thinking about the possibility of connecting a smartphone to it. After all, it is so convenient sometimes to display the image directly from the phone without having to look for something separately on TV. And the transfer of data in this case will be greatly simplified. There are many ways to combine two devices.
Lightning for iPhone
You can connect iPhone to Smart TV using the included Lightning cable, which has a USB output for TV.
- TV and smartphone are connected via cable;
- in the settings you need to specify the smartphone as a signal source.
The process is very similar to a standard USB cable connection. And the result is the same. The phone does not broadcast an image to a large screen, but will function like a regular flash drive.
A dedicated HDMI cable is better for transferring images directly from iPhone to TV.
MHL systems have been specifically designed to combine HDMI and micro-USB functionality. This approach made it possible to transfer not only the image, but also high-quality sound from mobile devices to the TV. With this connection, the smartphone is also charged.
It is the simultaneous transmission of video and sound that distinguishes MHL from traditional HDMI interfaces. However, there are also disadvantages, the main of which can be considered the impossibility of simultaneously connecting an external drive to the gadget.
Connecting via MHL is not much different from a regular USB connection. Here it is enough just to connect the wire and select the device as the main signal source.
Modern digital devices support a convenient wireless data transmission technology called Miracast. The method must be supported by both devices, as well as the use of one common Wi-Fi network.
The technology allows you to comfortably broadcast the image to the screen, play games and watch videos. There are practically no restrictions on viewing.
- in the TV settings in the “Network” section, the Miracast function is activated;
- this type of connection is also launched on the smartphone;
- to start the broadcast, you just need to lower the upper curtain on the smartphone.
It should be noted that not all Android versions are suitable for this type of connection. Sometimes you may not find a similar option in the settings. The solution in some cases may be the installation of additional software.
With the Chromecast set-top box, you can easily connect your smartphone and TV via wireless interfaces. In this case, there are no special requirements for the TV, since the main work will be done by the Chromecast itself.
The set-top box is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable and becomes its “brain”. The set-top box has a built-in Wi-Fi adapter, which can be comfortably used to synchronize digital devices.
- the Google Chromecast set-top box connects to the TV;
- connected to a Wi-Fi network;
- the Google Home program is installed on the mobile device;
- an account is created and the software is pre-configured.
Now when you press the broadcast key, the entire image from the smartphone screen will be transferred to the TV screen.
Connecting to a Samsung TV
The company has included only wireless earbuds with the Samsung logo on the list of automatically paired devices. Therefore, it is necessary to enable the additional option.
- Press the Info buttons on the remote control, then Menu.Mute-Power on
- In the service menu, go to options
- At the bottom of the list, select the subsection of the engineering menu
- Under Bluetooth Audio, click on
- Turn off the TV and turn it on again
- Go to the menu “Sound”. “Speaker settings”
Sound. Speaker settings
The section “Bluetooth headphones” appears at the bottom of the list.
Turn on search mode on TV and on headset.
You can also connect headphones using the Apple TV set-top box, which is equipped with TVOS 11 or newer. Earlier versions do not support headphones. Disconnect Bluetooth before starting to avoid interfering with the connection between devices.
- Turn on the set-top box and TV
- Go to the Apple TV settings menu
- Find the “Remotes and Devices” tab
- Enter the Bluetooth menu
- Once your Airpods are listed in the list of available devices, connect to them
The connection has passed, now you need to configure the sound in the headset:
- To adjust the sound, go to the settings menu in the “Audio and video” tab
- Change the “Audio Out” value to “Airpods Headphones”
- Sound volume is adjusted using the remote control
Connecting Airpods over a wireless data network. Bluetooth:
- Turn on the Bluetooth function on the TV
- The search for available devices starts.
Turn on the Airpods by pressing and holding the case for a couple of seconds.
- Search mode is activated
- If the TV menu does not display them, click update
- Once your Airpods are listed in the list of available devices, connect to them
If your TV does not have a built-in Bluetooth function, you can use a Bluetooth adapter.
- To do this, you will need to separately purchase a Bluetooth adapter for your TV.
- Check if your TV has USB ports through which sound can be transmitted. Additionally, a USB adapter is connected to them.
- If there is no such port, connect the analog output for a 3.5mm wire. If there is no such connector, use an adapter with an optical output 3.5 mm, then connect the Biuetooth transmitter.
Connecting Airpods to TV
Ways to Connect Airpods to TV
Connecting to an LG TV
LG has customized support for finding accessories for different models.
- To connect, turn on the TV and go to the menu
- Go to Settings. Wireless & networks. Bluetooth
- Click the On button. to enable automatic search
- Turn on your headphones by pressing and holding the button on the charging case
If the headphones are not displayed, refresh the menu.
After identifying the device, enter the PIN code from the instructions for the accessory, if required.
What Apple TV does
A smart set-top box from a well-known American brand differs from analogues in its versatility. Let’s see what features it provides:
- creation of a home multimedia center by synchronizing various gadgets: TV, smartphone, tablet, speaker system, player and other devices;
- using the iTunes application to play music content;
- getting access to high quality video content (TV series, films, clips), which is stored on the appropriate resources;
- watching sports broadcasts in real time;
- displaying images from mobile gadgets on a large TV screen, regardless of the operating system. Therefore, you can sync your Samsung smartphone and Apple TV;
- access to the most popular video games, podcasts.
Apple consoles are conventionally divided into 4 generations. Devices of the debut line were produced with the operating system Mac OS X Tige. The technique of the second version operates on the basis of iOS.
Owners of the second and third generation Smart Boxes from Apple will be able to play media content exclusively in streaming mode. This is due to the lack of a built-in hard drive with sufficient capacity to store files directly on the hard drive.
The A5’s central processing unit and 8GB of internal memory are used as intermediate storage for streaming information. However, there are advantages. The set-top box allows you to play various content from iTunes in maximum resolution (Full HD) and with multichannel soundtrack without any delays.
After connecting the set-top box, you can not only watch TV. The functionality of the TV will be significantly expanded.
To access the multimedia library of a smartphone, laptop, computer or tablet, you need to install special software. Then the devices are synchronized. Control will be carried out using the remote control, which is included in the basic set-top box. An alternative way is any gadget that works on iOS 7 or higher.
Apple TV connection process to TV
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the jack on the device and the other to the corresponding jack on the TV.
Insert the mains cable into the power socket, and then plug the cable into the socket.
Take your TV remote control and select “HDMI” as the main signal source.
Why doesn’t TV see the set-top box? It is possible that one of the cables is not working. The second reason is that the equipment was set up incorrectly. You should also not exclude the fact that you have mixed up the connectors, and the devices were connected incorrectly. Check everything again.
Connect Apple TV to your TV in 5 minutes
Only a small part of users know how to connect Apple TV to a TV and carry out the first set-up of equipment. In fact, syncing these devices is a simple and straightforward process that everyone can handle.
Setting up the set-top box via iPhone
On smartphones from Apple there is a special function designed to set up a proprietary set-top box. This option is called iBeacon. To set up Apple TV using your iPhone mobile, follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Insert all the necessary cables, and then turn on the equipment to the network.
- Bring your smartphone to the set-top box, and then walk away with the mobile device a short distance. 20 centimeters will be enough.
- A notification will appear on the smartphone screen prompting you to start setting up. You need to click “Yes”.
- Log in to the Apple ID, for this you need to enter the appropriate username and password.
- As a result, two notifications will appear on the iPhone screen. whether to save the Apple ID account on this device, and permission will also be requested to send reports on the operation of equipment.
- Answer the requests that appeared on the mobile phone screen.
- Setup will start, wait for it to finish.
All in all, syncing will only take a few minutes. Then you can get to work. To set up Apple TV using an iPad or iPhone, iOS 9.1 is required. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth must be enabled on your smartphone or tablet.
What you need to connect
The set-top box connects to the TV via HDMI cable or Wi-Fi. There are no alternative ways. A wired connection is a priority option, since it opens up the opportunity to fully use the functionality of the device. If you sync over Wi-Fi, you won’t be able to use iTunes. List of required connections:
- TV with a working HDMI connector;
- HDMI cable;
- Internet access;
- Apple TV set-top box.
The cable will have to be purchased separately. The base Apple TV package includes only the power cord, remote control, device, and USB cable.
Set up Apple TV as follows:
- Turn on your TV and set-top box. If the wired connection was made correctly, a menu for setting up a new device will appear on the TV screen.
- Connect the remote control by pressing the touch panel.
- Using the remote control, the initial configuration is carried out: the language, region is selected, the voice control function is activated (available only in models of the fourth generation and above), a password is entered.
- During the first connection to the Internet, activate your accounts in Apple branded services, for example, in iTunes.
A few words about connecting the remote control. Click on the touch panel of the remote control to start syncing with the set-top box. If you have any difficulties, then press the menu button and the volume up key at the same time. They need to be held for about 5 seconds. It is possible that the notification “There is too much distance between devices” will appear on the TV screen. In this case, you need to put the remote control on the console.
The step-by-step instructions are simple and straightforward. Each user will be able to independently turn on the Apple TV. This completes the setup of the STB. Now you will be able to download and play multimedia content.
If you are a fan of Apple products and have several devices from this manufacturer, then be sure to connect your smartphone, tablet, laptop to the TV. Synchronization takes a minimum of time. Everything is very convenient and affordable.