HDMI connection and setup
- We take a cable of the required length and connect it to one of the inputs on our TV set. The most important thing is to connect to the correct input. If possible, find the input named “PC” or “IN” and insert there.
- And of course, the other end must be inserted into the same port on the laptop. Fortunately, there are not many of them. Make sure it fits snugly in the groove and does not fall out.
- Now on the TV you need to select the desired input. To do this, take the remote control and select the appropriate button. it is usually referred to as “INPUT”.
- You should, in theory, immediately see the image of the laptop screen on the TV.
- If this did not happen, then on the PC simultaneously press the “Win” keys (located between “Ctrl” and “Alt”) and the English “P”. Next, just select one of the options. Best choices: Repeating and Second Screen Only.
DLNA server in Windows when connected via Wi-Fi and cable
Almost all modern TVs support DLNA technology, which allows you to watch movies from your computer on your TV. The point is that the TV and the computer are connected to the same network. Further on the PC is “shared” or in another way, a shared folder is made. this is necessary so that other devices on the network can see this folder. That is, so that the TV can play and view the files that are in it. Then there are two ways.
The first way is to use standard Windows tools and configure the DLNA server yourself. The second way is to use special programs that come from the TV manufacturer. There is really no difference. I have already described both of these methods in a detailed article here. There, using an example and with pictures, I talk in detail about the connection. Do not look that the name contains the word “Wi-Fi”. in fact, there is no difference how you will be connected to the router: by cable or wirelessly.
If you have an LG TV, then you are welcome to this article. There I talk about the original official SmartShare program, which is easy and quick to set up.
There is one more way. this is the use of Miracast WIDI technology. My colleague wrote about it in this article. The technology does not work stably in some cases, but sometimes it is much more convenient than the ones I mentioned above. The main problem with Miracast is that not all laptops support it, and the connection is made directly via WI-FI.
How to enable HDMI on Windows 10 and connect it to your TV: connection and setup
Good day! And so, we have another interesting and rather voluminous question. how to connect Windows 10 to a TV. Several thoughts immediately come to mind. First of all, for convenience, perhaps the surest way is DLNA. This technology allows you to play videos, view: photos, listen to music that is on a computer or laptop. on a TV.
How to connect your laptop to your TV using an HDMI cable. Easy
In this case, a PC or laptop, like a TV, must be connected to the same network. over, the connection can be both cable and Wi-Fi. But I repeat once again, both devices must be connected to the same router network.
The second method is not very convenient, but probably the easiest in technical terms and in setup. this is the usual direct connection via HDMI cable. There is nothing complicated there, but in the article I will tell you exactly this method. At the same time, there is no difference: what kind of Windows you have: 7, 8 or 10. the instructions are suitable for all OS.
HELP! As practice shows, everything does not always work out the first time, so if something is right, we write our questions in the comments, and I will help you.
- Find the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen and go to “Playback Devices”;
- All possible devices should be in the “Playback” tab. There should be your TV with a name. right-click and then select “Use as default”. The connection may not have the name of the TV, but the number of the HDMI port.
If there is no sound or there is no such connection, then most likely there is a problem with the drivers for the video card. In this regard, I already left the last link in the previous chapter. there the problem with the image and sounds is solved, so it’s better to go there. But you can also ask your questions in the comments.