Connecting a set-top box
The first way to watch IP TV on LG Smart TV is to install a set-top box. This method also requires a router and connected internet. The aLGorithm of actions is as follows, the example uses the Tiger i250 device.
- Do not plug the power supply into the mains until you have completed the next steps.
- Connect set-top box to TV using HDMI cable.
- Pick up the remote control, press the “Input” button, a list of available connectors will open. Select the HDMI to which the set-top box is connected.
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the router to the set-top box. To do this, select any free LAN connector on the router and a SIMilar one on the receiver.
You don’t need to do anything else, LG IPTV just needs to be configured.
Installing Vintera TV App
Vintera TV is a free IPTV player for LG Smart TVs. You can download and install the application on the TV thanks to Webos IPTV OS.
It is convenient because it contains a list of more than 100 channels and reproduces in HD and 3D. The program is also available on smartphones, so you can watch Smart TV for free on any device.
You can download Vintera TV for iOS or download Vintera TV for Android using the links provided. Android Player is suitable for LG TV.
To install IPTV Player on LG Smart TV for free, just transfer the downloaded file to removable media, connect it to the TV and start the installation process.
Each channel is located in a thematic folder, this allows you to watch only interesting TV shows.
How to watch IPTV for free on LG Smart TV
IPTV on LG TV, thanks to webOS, is available when the Internet is connected. over, for the benefit.
IPTV on LG TV, thanks to webOS, is available when the Internet is connected. In this case, the user is left with a choice: install the STB or download the application.
Smart LG TV is controlled by the Webos operating system, you can watch channels if you set up special programs correctly. How to watch IPTV on LG Smart TV for free, further.
You only need to set up Smart TV to watch TV channels in order to indicate stalker portals or m3u-Playlists, which will be the signal sources.
To watch Smart TV for free, find the “Applications” item in the menu, where portals and Playlists are recorded. The prefix in question allows you to add no more than 4 lists.
To further set up IP TV on your LG TV, open the appropriate section. Previously installed Playlists are located here. The developers have sorted by folders, and the current broadcasting grid for a specific channel is on the left.
If you press the “VOD” button, the TV will open a list with programs or clips, not channels. This is convenient in cases where there is no desire to flip through the channels in search of an interesting program.
You don’t have to buy a set-top box if you install applications for the TV. Next, we’ll tell you how to watch IPTV for free on LG Smart TV.
You can look at the detailed setup instructions at:
Configuring SS IPTV Application
Free Smart TV channels are available via SS IPTV program. Installation is SIMilar to the previous one, but configuration is required.
- To watch Live TV, go to “Settings”.
- In the “General” section, find the line “Connection code”, click “Get code”. Write down the number.
- Open the site to connect LG Smart IP TV with the program server.
- Find the “Users” tab, click on the “Playlist Editor” button.
- To connect LG Smart TV, enter the recorded code in the blank line, press the corresponding button.
Now you can return to the program and watch channels for free online.
Now it became clear how to connect IPTV to LG Smart TV. To watch channels, just use the Internet.
Via Wi-Fi network
Synchronization with iPhone 6 or other smartphone via Wi-Fi is possible only with Smart TVs. Conventional devices lack a Wi-Fi module, which is a mandatory component for the procedure. Wireless connection is the most practical way to mirror iPhone screen to TV. We are absolutely not limited in movement (within the radius of the coverage area of the access point), and connection takes a couple of minutes the first time, and then. a matter of seconds.
How to Cast from iPhone to TV:
- Turn on the TV and install the Smart Share application on it.
- We take a smartphone in our hands and install iMedia it. Belkin MediaPlay or SIMilar app.
- Launch the iPhone 8 program and select content for broadcast.
- We confirm the connection of TV and smartphone on both devices.
Important! There is an alternative way to connect iPhone to TV. use Wi-Fi Direct technology. It works by analogy with the standard wireless method, but does not require a connection to a router. Data exchange will take place directly between TV and smartphone. If your TV supports this technology, you should open its settings, select “Network” and click on the “Wi-Fi Direct” option. It remains only to choose a device to connect.
How to connect Apple TV to TV?
The next way to connect iPhone to TV to watch content is intended for owners of older devices, 4S and older. The Apple TV set-top box will allow you to watch from the Internet or broadcast data from your smartphone on any TV. The main disadvantage of the solution is the high cost of the TV box. about 13,000 rubles.
How to connect iPhone to LG Smart TV:
- We connect the set-top box with TV according to the instructions in the documentation.
- We connect the set-top box and smartphone to a Wi-Fi network.
- Press twice on the “Home” button on your mobile gadget and go to “Settings”.
- Open the list of devices available for connection and select “AirPlay”.
- From the list, click on the prefix and start synchronization.
Controlling Apple TV from iPhone shouldn’t be a problem, because all procedures are intuitive. With subsequent connections, everything will happen almost automatically.
The easiest way how to play from iPhone to TV is by using a USB cable. The principle is SIMple, you just need to connect one side to the TV, and the other to the smartphone. However, a special Lightning to USB adapter is required. It’s much easier to find than HDMI-Lightning. Most likely on the TV you still need to select the appropriate signal source.
The method is good because it allows you to SIMultaneously transfer data and recharge the device. The charge replenishment rate is slow, but it’s still better than the power consumption in the case of HDMI and other methods. The downside is that the iPhone starts up in USB mass storage mode. Synchronization is not available, only reading a file from memory is possible.
Can iPhone connect to TV?
Almost all iOS devices can actually be connected to a TV. The operating system, although it is distinguished by the closed nature of its ecosystem, does not limit the user in the ability to synchronize with other devices. over, the list of methods available for use is off the charts. We’ve covered 5 good ways to watch iPhone movies on TV.
Connection is needed not only to watchs, but also:
- creating conferences;
- more comfortable viewing of content on a large screen;
- communication via Skype and other messengers;
- access to the Internet;
- detailed review of photos, etc.
Among the cable methods on how to display an image from an iPhone to a TV, the best one is the one in which we use an HDMI cable. This is a high-speed digital interface that allows you to transfer both the picture and without delays and desynchronization.
How to connect iPhone to TV via HDMI:
- We buy or find a special HDMI-Lightning adapter.
- We connect the cable with the larger side to the TV, and with the proprietary Lightning connector to the smartphone.
- Select the signal source on TV. HDMI.
How to connect iPhone to TV:
It doesn’t matter what smartphone is used, both iPhone 5 and iPhone 11 are suitable. In each case, we can display movies or TV shows on the display of the TV. over, the user is free to choose the broadcast methods. We offer a choice of as many as 5 options for solving the problem.
How to Connect iPhone to LG Smart TV?
Smart TVs have become much more affordable, but still not everyone can afford them. A worthy alternative to buying a new TV would be to connect a smart gadget to an old device. However, the combination of iPhone and TV will be useful even if there is an operating system in both devices. Today our review is devoted to how to connect an iPhone to an LG Smart TV using different methods: cable, Wi-Fi, etc. This will allow you to watch movies from your phone’s memory or open the Internet on both smart and regular TV.
Via analog cable
The last, least attractive connection method involves the use of tulips. To implement it, you need to prepare an adapter from Lightning or USB to RCA. We can only recommend this method for those who have an old TV set from the 90s or early 2000s. The setup procedure is elementary and boils down to connecting the plugs to the appropriate connectors.
The disadvantages of this method include the complexity of the selection of cables. Often you have to buy several adapters at once. Another disadvantage is that the picture quality will be low, so you will hardly be able to enjoy viewing.
Here are all the ways to connect iPhone to LG Smart TV. There are really a lot of them, there is plenty to choose from. In most cases, we recommend looking at the wireless sync option. If this is not possible, methods with HDMI or USB will also help to achieve a decent picture quality. The options with a set-top box and an analog cable are intended for those who have older TVs that are not capable of working with more advanced connection options.
How to connect an antenna to your LG TV
The first question that arises when buying a new LG TV is how to connect an antenna and tune TV channels? It is quite SIMple to do it yourself, without resorting to the services of specialists.
On the back of your TV there is a dedicated cable entry for the antenna. Depending on the model, it may be marked with the abbreviation ANT IN. But even if there are no designations, it cannot be confused with other inputs (for example, HDMI or USB), since it has a recognizable appearance, the same for TVs of all brands and models: it is a threaded cylinder with a hole in the center. The exception is very old TVs with cathode ray tubes (kinescopes), in which the coaxial connector looks like a flat cylinder with a smaller cylinder in the center.
Connecting the antenna to the TV LG: step-by-step instruction
- Make sure your LG TV is unplugged. This is necessary in order to avoid accidental damage to the TV or antenna during connection.
- Locate the cable entry on the rear panel and connect the antenna. On some models it may be necessary to screw on the cable. To do this, rotate clockwise until the cable is securely fixed.
- Turn on the TV to the network, then you need to tune the channels.
After the antenna is connected to your LG TV, tune the channels.
If this is the first time you turn on your new LG TV, you will need to set the language and location before tune in the channels. These are important steps that you better not skip or postpone. over, it only takes a few minutes.
In order to set the language on your LG TV, you need:
- Using the remote control, press the “Settings” button.
- Select the “General” section.
- Use the joystick on the remote control to select the language you want.
- Save changes made.
In order to set the location on your LG TV, you need to:
- Using the remote control, press the “Settings” button.
- Select menu item “Options”.
- In the “Country” section, select your country of location.
- Save changes made.
How to tune channels on your TV LG: step by step instructions
The easiest and most convenient way to tune channels on your LG TV is to use the Auto Tuning feature available on all models. With its help, you can configure not only digital channels, but also analog.
If your LG TV supports the DVB-T2 standard, the European standard for terrestrial digital television of the second generation, then the satellite dish can be safely connected to the LNB connector without a receiver. In order for the TV to receive a signal, in the settings you only need to specify the correct signal source “Antenna” or “Satellite TV” (depending on the TV model). The vast majority of current LG TVs support this format. You can find more accurate information about your TV model in the “User’s Guide” or on LG official website. by entering the model number (a combination of numbers and letters) located on the back of the device.
You can also find the model and serial number on the TV itself. Using the remote control press “Settings” / Smart (depending on the model), select the “Help” section, and in it. the item “Product Information”.
If your TV model does not support the digital standard, then in order to watch digital channels, you will need to additionally purchase a DVB-T2 set-top box and connect it to your LG TV.
How to activate Auto Channel Search on LG Smart TV:
- Press the Settings button with the remote control.
- Select the menu item (Icon “Gear”) in the upper right corner of your TV screen.
- Find the section “All settings”.
- In it, select “Channels”, then click “Search for channels and settings”.
- Click on “Autosearch”.
Important: To connect digital television, the DVB-T / T2 source must be indicated in the “Receive mode” column. For satellite or cable connections. appropriate sources.
- Select the required source, click “Next”.
- It will take a few minutes to find and tune channels. Do not turn off the TV in the process. When finished, click on the “Finish” or OK button (depending on the model).
How to tune channels on your TV LG, not supporting function Smart TV: step-by-step instruction
Channel tuning on older LG TVs is slightly different, but also not difficult for the owner. Here’s what you need to do for this:
- Using the remote control, press the Settings button.
- In the settings menu displayed on the TV screen, enter the “Channels” section.
- Press the “Right” button on the remote control, you will find yourself in the “Autosearch” item. Confirm the action by clicking OK.
- Select an input source for program setting. It can be Antenna, Satellite or Cable TV. To tune digital channels select “Antenna”.
- Click the “Run” button on the screen.
- It will take a few minutes to find and tune channels. Do not turn off the TV in the process. When finished, click on the “Finish” or OK button (depending on the model).
Problems that may arise when connecting an antenna to a TV LG and channel setup:
- TV does not see any channel.
What to do? Check if the antenna is connected correctly, if the signal source is correctly registered in the “Settings”.
- No digital TV signal.
What to do? Change location in “Settings”.
- Invalid signal format.
What to do? Changing the frequency range and resolution of the TV screen may help. To do this, you need to change the screen format in “Settings” to “Original / Auto.” (depending on model) or Full Screen.
Connection via a special attachment
It is worth buying a set-top box for owners of iPhones no older than the fourth generation, Apple TV will make it possible to turn the TV into a full-fledged tool for playing any content from the Internet. Buying a set-top box will cost the user a lot: to purchase it usually requires at least 13 thousand rubles. This is a good option for those who do not want to spend a larger amount on the purchase of a new TV, since there is an opportunity to upgrade a device that has already been purchased for a long time.
It is usually possible to connect a set-top box to a TV and a smartphone without the help of a specialist; it makes it possible to access the network and play various files. To connect, follow the SIMple instructions:
- Connect the set-top box to the TV according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Connect the set-top box and smartphone via your home Internet network.
- Double click on the “Home” button on your smartphone and go to the settings section.
- A list of available devices will open, among which you will need to select “AirPlay”.
- Select the set-top box from the list that opens and start the synchronization procedure.
As a result, the set-top box will be connected to the TV and smartphone to use the full functionality. When reconnecting, the entered settings are saved, you do not have to configure and synchronize devices again.
Analog Cord Connection
If your TV model is very old, then you can try an analog cord with a tulip connector for connection. Such connectors were widespread on TVs that were produced in the early 2000s. An analog cable is connected through a special adapter, this makes it possible to watch files stored in the phone’s memory.
However, such a connection has a serious drawback. the picture quality drops sharply, it will not meet modern standards. It may also be difficult to reproduce in various modern formats. For connection, you can use various types of analog cables, depending on the available connectors. these are composite, component cables and VGA.
HDMI cable connection
The easiest and most widespread way for owners of older TVs is to use an HDMI cable to display the image from the smartphone display on the TV screen. The main advantage is accessibility: a connector for connection is present on almost all TV models of this manufacturer. Mobile phones do not have such an output, therefore, to connect a TV to them via a cable, you will need to purchase a special adapter adapter. Its type depends on the smartphone model:
- The earliest common 4 / 4s models use a Digital AV adapter.
- Lighting adapter is used for Apple smartphone versions 5 / 5s and later.
There are usually no problems connecting devices to each other. It is enough to insert the cable into the corresponding socket on the TV and smartphone, then the setup and synchronization will start in automatic mode. After its completion, you need to go to the TV settings menu and specify the cable as the main signal source. After that, the image from the smartphone will be transmitted to the TV screen.
Almost the only drawback of this method is the limited length of the cord, due to which you have to be limited in moving around the room. If a long cable is used, interference may occur when the signal is transmitted over a long distance.
How to connect your iPhone to an LG TV
Sometimes the question arises, how to connect iPhone 6 to LG TV via USB cable, if such a connector is present on the TV case. This connection option remains one of the SIMplest: you just need to connect the devices with a cord through the appropriate connectors. The USB input is usually located on the side or on the back of the TV cabinet. Synchronization usually runs automatically without errors. In the TV settings menu, you need to select USB as the main path for transferring information to the screen.
However, there is one important point: this method of connection does not allow you to broadcast from the iPhone or iPad screen directly online. You have to use your smartphone as a storage device: it plays the role of a large-volume flash drive, onto which you need to download files or other information in advance.
This connection option allows you to view photos taken on walks and on trips, watch footage with good playback quality on the big screen. If you want to use an online connection, you need to use an HDMI cable.
Basic options for connecting a smartphone to a TV
When choosing the appropriate method for connection, you need to decide on the capabilities of the TV. modern LG models are equipped with a Wi-Fi module. this allows you to use the TV to wirelessly connect to the Internet and synchronize it with other devices. If such a module is not provided in the design, the only possible option is to connect through a wire, which creates some inconvenience.
Before connecting the iPhone to the LG TV, the user can purchase a special set-top box, for example, Apple TV. It is specially designed for connection to a TV and allows you to significantly expand its functionality. Let’s consider this and another way of connecting devices in more detail.
What gives the connection of a smartphone and a TV?
By understanding how to connect your iPhone to your LG TV, you can greatly expand the capabilities of your device. You can connect TV in different ways, this opens up a wide range of available additional functions:
- Viewing a wide variety of content online. The user can launchs from YouTube, watch any movies, enjoying high quality picture and sound. Watching a movie from a big screen is much more convenient and enjoyable, now you don’t have to buy a modern smart TV for this if you already have a smartphone in the house.
- Business goals. Using a smartphone, you can organize various conferences, seminars, online speeches, and this is also more convenient to do from a large screen.
- communication via Skype and other common messengers. You can talk to friends and family using the wide screen and good sound.
- Plays back photos taken with a smartphone camera on a TV screen. This allows you to assess their quality and consider even the smallest details.
This is not a complete list of the benefits for which it is worth figuring out how to connect an iPhone to an LG TV. You can connect quickly enough using various methods.
Connecting via Wi-Fi using a dedicated app
If your device is equipped with a Wi-Fi module, you don’t have to worry about wiring and signal loss. A router is installed in the room to unite all devices into a home network, new TVs can also be connected via the modern Wi-Fi Direct protocol.
How to connect iPhone to LG smart TV?
To do this, you need to follow SIMple instructions:
- Make sure both TV and smartphone are connected to Wi-Fi.
- Launch the app on your TV and smartphone.
- Select the media content to play. It can be a YouTube, a downloaded movie and much more.
- To start broadcasting the picture, press the “Bearning” button.
Thanks to wireless communication, the user is not limited in movement. It can be located in any part of the room where there is a connection to the router. This makes it much more convenient to use your synced devices.
- 1 What gives the connection of a smartphone and a TV?
- 2 Basic options for connecting a smartphone to a TV
- 2.1 HDMI cable connection
- 2.2 Connecting via Wi-Fi using a dedicated app
- 2.3 Connection via a special attachment
- 2.4 USB connection
- 2.5 Connection via analog cord
Smart-TV capabilities are still not available to everyone; replacing a TV with a new model with perfect functionality will require considerable costs. However, there is another way to provide the ability to access the network and play files from the Internet. you can connect your iPhone to an LG TV via Wi-Fi or use other connection methods. A smart smartphone from Apple plays the role of an adapter with which you can access the Internet, while the image is broadcast on a large screen with excellent playback quality.
It is no coincidence that Apple phones continue to be in demand, despite the high cost. They provide an opportunity to use a wide range of functions and can be synchronized with almost every model of modern LG TV.
Features of connecting a TV box to a TV
When a Smart TV set-top box is purchased, a little advanced electronics user has natural questions: how to connect the device to a TV and other peripheral devices, configure Internet access in order to take full advantage of the functionality of a “smart” device. The article will discuss the differences and features, as well as all the main ways to connect and configure a Smart set-top box to a TV.
To the old TV
If the set-top box has an AV output, and the TV has multi-colored connectors for an RCA cable, then the connection is logical to make using a cable, on one side of which there will be a 3.5 (AUX) plug, and on the other side there will be RCA plugs (tulips). If both the set-top box and the TV have RCA connectors, then the connection is made using a two-way RCA-RCA cable.
After the physical connection, you need to change the signal source to AV in the TV settings. Further, all manipulations to control the TV are performed from the remote control from the media set-top box.
Internet access using a Smart set-top box
To be able to watch Internet TV channels on your TV, you need to organize access to the Internet on the set-top box. There may be several options.
- If an Internet cable is connected to the apartment from a provider specifically for a TV with a connected Smart set-top box, then the connection is made through the LAN port on the media device.
- Option of connection via local network is possible. In this case, the set-top box and the Internet source should be connected with a network cable, and the provider’s cable should be connected to the router via the LAN port.
- If the Smart set-top box is equipped with a Wi-Fi adapter, then a wireless connection is possible through an organized point (router).
You will need to configure the appropriate Internet access mode for the connection method. In the case of a wired connection via a LAN port, select the type of Ethernet (cable) in the setup menu of the set-top box and activate it.
When connecting via Wi-Fi, you must set the activation of the wireless type of Internet access. The operating system of the device will search for available points. In the proposed list, you need to select the name of your network to connect and enter the security code (password).
Ways to connect an Android set-top box to a TV
The hardware of many Android TV boxes includes the following adapters, ports and connectors for connecting external devices.
Differences in the purpose of TV boxes
The term “TV set-top boxes” summarizes devices with different purposes:
- digital IPTV set-top boxes (receivers);
- gaming consoles;
- Smart boxes or flash consoles.
The functionality of these devices varies significantly. Receivers are needed to ensure high-quality viewing of digital television on old analog TV receivers. Game consoles usually provide a small selection of games that are flashed into the device’s memory. TV set-top box on Android or an alternative operating system allows you to expand the scope of the TV to the level of the computer screen.
Despite the target differences, the form factors of the devices listed above are SIMilar, and the methods of physical connection to the TV receiver are common. Digital receivers are most often connected to TVs via scart connectors. It is a universal European standard for interconnecting consumer electronics devices. For example, to a Samsung TV, a satellite digital receiver is connected via a two-way cable of this universal standard.
To a modern TV
TV sets of the last few years of release necessarily have an HDMI connector in their arsenal. To connect such a TV with a Smart set-top box, it is logical to use the appropriate cable, which is provided by a number of manufacturers, such as LG, for example in the kit. Otherwise, you can do without an HDMI cable using alternative methods, but it is advisable to purchase this interface.
After connecting the set-top box to the TV via HDMI, you need to change the signal source in the receiver settings: select the operation mode through the corresponding connection port. Further, all manipulations with the TV are performed from the remote control of the set-top box.
Connecting other devices to a TV set-top box
Various connected peripherals are produced for media consoles. Especially on hearing the specialized television and radio equipment of the German brand Telefunken.
Set-top boxes are compatible with a number of other devices: for example, a monitor, gamepad, mouse, keyboard, audio center can be connected to a media box. Most commonly used USB port or wireless connection via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.