How to connect Samsung TV to digital TV without a set-top box
If you are using a non-old Samsung TV, you can use your digital TV without a receiver. The activation process itself does not require much experience. Any user can customize the number, the main thing is to follow the instructions:
- Launch the main menu and go to the “Broadcast” tab.
- Click on the item “Auto-tuning”.
- Next, you will need to indicate the source. Select the antenna or connector you are using from the list.
- On the opposite broadcast type select “Digital broadcast”.
- Put “Full” next to the search mode.
- Start Scan.
- The system will start detecting broadcasts by adding channel names to the list.
- You don’t need to save anything manually, it happens automatically.
- Wait for the search to complete and click “Next”.
If the automatic search ended due to an error, or you notice that it has found far from all TV channels, then you can conduct a manual search. For this you need:
- Go to parameters and select the “Channel” tab.
- Specify the country by location.
- Select frequencies. 298000-362000 kHz.
- In the next line, enter “Digital”.
- In the search type select “Network”.
You don’t need a lot of equipment for digital broadcasting. It is enough to purchase an antenna and a receiver (if the TV does not support Smart TV). The main problem that users may face is antenna selection. There are two main types. indoor and outdoor. What is the difference and which option is better to buy?
Signal quality check
Signal quality check is considered a useful option, especially when using an antenna. Find the INFO button on the remote, and press it several times. This should bring up a hidden menu, where two scales will be demonstrated by which quality can be determined. than 70% is considered a normal value. If this indicator is less than the prescribed value, then move the antenna to another place to solve the problem.
When purchasing an outdoor antenna, consider the following:
- Look for models without a built-in amplifier, they don’t need them.
- Choose directional antennas.
- When using numbers outside the city, buy wide-angle antennas, this will have a positive effect on signal reception.
- If the tower is too far away, and you observe interference when watching TV, then take an antenna with a preamplifier.
How to Connect a Digital TV Receiver to a Samsung TV
It’s easy to connect a digital TV set-top box to your Samsung TV. All you need to do is connect the cables and perform the initial setup. Consider the connection process depending on the connectors used.
In the top search bar, enter the name of the settlement where you live. For example, Ufa.
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
The red icons on the map are TV towers. Click on the icon and check out the coverage area.
If the repeater is located near your home and the coverage is good, you can use a regular antenna. Let’s present the main classification:
- Room. They take up little space, can be placed anywhere in the apartment, but it is better to put them closer to the windowsill. The indoor option will be an excellent choice if the repeater is close enough. the distance is no more than 15 kilometers.
- Outdoor antennas. They are used for remote locations of the TV tower. They operate in the decimeter range, which allows them to pick up frequencies of 470-860 MHz.
If there is a bad signal in a country house (for example), where tall trees act as a hindrance, then purchase an antenna with an amplifier.
Connecting a digital set-top box via tulips (RCA)
Tulips or RCA are used in all TVs and set-top boxes. The connection procedure is pretty SIMple. Just follow the colors. For example, the red cable should only be connected to the red connector and the white cable to the white one. These two wires are responsible for the transmission of a sound signal, and yellow gives a picture.
Search and tune available channels
When you have connected the set-top box to the TV, launch the tuner menu and:
- Find the tab to start channel search. She is at the top of the list.
- Scan by clicking on auto search.
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
- The attachment must be equipped with all the required connectors. Not only have an HDMI input, but also RCA or SCART, used in older TVs.
- Supported screen resolution must be HD or Full HD.
- Functional. The main task of the receiver is to convert the incoming signal. Some models offer enhanced user experience. For example, a function for recording a specific broadcast on TV, delayed viewing, Internet, etc.
- Ability to connect to Wi-Fi and use IPTV.
It makes no sense to buy an expensive model. You can take a SIMple attachment, it will include the necessary functionality for comfortable use.
How to connect speakers to your LG TV?
Modern TVs have achieved incredible heights in the quality of the broadcast image, in ergonomics and space saving. However, in all these widescreen innovations, there is absolutely nowhere to install high-quality speakers that would provide good sound. to match the image. Therefore, sooner or later, any user thinks about connecting an external speaker system.
Active type systems
Such acoustics have a built-in amplifier. It does not need any additional devices or connections, because it is powered directly from the electrical network. Sometimes such systems are also found in speakers from a computer.
Before connecting the speakers, you need to figure out what audio jacks your TV has. Most modern models have one of three types of electrical connectors.
- Special acoustic connectors. These include inputs such as SCART or RCA. Connecting through this type of connection is SIMilar to connecting computer speakers via USB. It is usually used for systems without a built-in amplifier. But be sure to make sure that the power of your acoustics does not exceed the permissible level, otherwise you can burn not only the connector, but also the equipment.
- Line-in or MiniJack. These connectors usually have a separate headset output. As with the first option, they are not suitable for high-power systems with built-in amplifiers. It is likely that you will need a special tulip adapter to connect through this port.
- Digital HDMI connector. Such outputs are equipped with ultra-modern models of such large companies as LG or Samsung. Only powerful music centers are connected through it. Usually such connectors can be found in home theaters, where sound quality is as important as picture quality.
CRA. three round connectors for plugs, usually painted yellow, white and red. MiniJack inputs are somewhat SIMilar to CRAs. They are also round, but noticeably smaller and painted in different colors. The standard is green, black and pink. The HDMI connector is about 1.7 cm long and 0.5 cm high. In its recess there is a small plate with contacts, with the help of which information is transmitted.
Which speakers are right?
Large home loudspeakers are active and passive. Their connection and features are slightly different.
This type of system cannot be connected directly to the TV. You will need to purchase an additional amplifier for the speakers to work. And from the amplifier, pull the wire to the TV. When connecting them, you will have to take into account a number of features.
- When choosing an amplifier, pay attention to the fact that its power does not exceed the power of the speakers themselves by more than 30%.
- The thicker the wire between the system and the TV, the more reliable the connections will be. It is not recommended to take wires thinner than 0.2 cm in cross-section.
- Amplifier and speaker impedances must be equal.
- Pay attention to polarity. Connect the left speaker to the left channel, and the right speaker to the right. Otherwise, it can have an extremely negative effect on the quality of sound perception.
Many models with Smart TVs now even have Bluetooth, thanks to which you can use not only wired speakers, but also portable ones, for example JBL.
Step by step instructions for connecting
Pairing with wireless speakers is no longer a problem for modern LG smart TVs. Connecting them via Bluetooth is as SIMple as possible:
- turn on the TV and find the “Bluetooth” tab in the main menu;
- now turn on the column and, if necessary, activate the device search function;
- in the list of available devices on the TV screen, find your headset and select it.
Now it remains only to wait a little while the pairing is established, and you can use the system.
Connecting speakers with wires differs depending on the type of connection. Plug the Cinch, HDMI or MiniJack into the corresponding port on the back of your TV, and plug in the plug and the system is ready to use. If you are taking small computer speakers, the power of which is relatively low, then they can use the USB connector as a power source. Fortunately, TVs usually have 2 or 3 of these.
Connecting speakers to your LG TV is easy, whatever they are. The main thing you need to know for this is the type of their connection and the type of TV connector. You can even use speakers from the music center, but do not forget that, most likely, they are of the passive type and require an additional amplifier.
How to connect speakers and headphones to a TV via HDMI ARC, see below.
Smart-TV set-top boxes and digital set-top boxes
First of all, you need to figure out what these Smart consoles are and what is the difference from digital, and then we will talk about connection. It is important to distinguish between Smart Set-Top boxes and receivers in order to receive a digital signal. Outwardly, they may be SIMilar, but in terms of functionality, the differences are cardinal.
They are small devices (usually in the form of a box, less often in the form of a flash drive), which are designed to expand the functionality of an ordinary TV.
Smart set-top boxes boast an operating system (usually Android) and modern hardware, which makes them a kind of mini-computers with all the inherent capabilities (launching programs, visiting the Web, playing games, etc.).
Read the review: How to choose a Smart TV box: the best Android models on board
A TV set-top box running Android (less often Windows) makes it possible to turn the most ordinary TV or monitor into a real multimedia center. By connecting such a device, the user will be able to watch his favorite films and programs in good quality, play, visit the Internet, communicate with friends on social networks and much more. (on foreign trading platforms).
Digital receivers (also called IPTV set-top boxes) only allow you to watch digital television, improving the signal quality along the way. As a rule, they are given by IPTV television providers when concluding a contract
With the difference in functionality, the process of connecting digital set-top boxes and Smart-TV is very SIMilar. Read the most complete instructions for connecting a TV to a set-top box.
How to connect the prefix dom ru to the TV through tulips. How to connect a digital TV set-top box to a TV?
With the help of digital TV-boxes, you can use interactive services, play games, access the Internet and, of course, watch channels in digital quality.
Connecting a digital TV set-top box to a TV will not be difficult for both an advanced user and people accustomed to working with old technologies. Each provider offers its own equipment, however, the order of its connection is almost always the same. In this article we will tell you how to do it correctly.
The most successful example is the procedure for connecting a set-top box from “Beeline”. This requires:
- Connect the power supply cord to the equipment;
- Connect an Ethernet cable (from a shared network, router or router) to the set-top box (located on the right side);
- Connect the TV and set-top box with an HDMI cable;
- Switch on the power supply (connect to the network);
- Press the power button (single press of the reset button);
- Switch the mode on the TV to “HDMI” (instead of “”. the number of the connector on the TV into which you put the HDMI connected to the set-top box) using the remote control.
Connecting a digital Smart TV set-top box, such as Apple TV, is done in a SIMilar way. Just turn it on, connect the cable to your TV, select the desired HDMI port and you can use it right away. The same with Smart devices Samsung and LG on Android.
How to connect a TV set-top box to a modern TV?
Let’s start with the SIMplest problem that can be solved in a matter of seconds. When we say a modern TV, we mean that it has an HDMI interface. Look for the port marked on the back or sides of the TV. A TV box has an HDMI connector on the back. For connection, use the HDMI cable that comes with the kit. If the manufacturer has not provided for this, then you will have to purchase it separately. After the HDMI cable is connected, the power adapter is connected to the TV box.
However, you will not immediately see the image on the TV screen from the set-top box. It is necessary to change the display mode to HDMI output in the TV settings. If there are several ports, then select the number of the one to which the TV-Box is connected. That’s it, you can turn on the console using the remote control. Let’s talk about the settings and Internet connection below.
How to connect peripheral devices to a TV set-top box?
For many users, the remote control is not enough for comfortable operation. Often, Chinese manufacturers offer inconvenient remote controls in the kit, with which you can only flip through desktops and switch. Fortunately, all consoles make it possible to connect a mouse, a keyboard, a gamepad, and many other devices. How to connect them to a TV set-top box?
The easiest, but not always convenient way is through USB ports. You can connect the SIMplest wired mouse or keyboard to them, the main thing is that there are enough connectors. If there are devices with special radio modules, then they can also be used. However, the connection through wireless interfaces looks more interesting. Almost all Smart-set-top boxes have Wi-Fi, which works great with various peripherals. Many models also receive widespread Bluetooth.
Connecting peripherals to a TV set-top box via a wireless interface takes a few SIMple steps. We activate the required interface (Wi – Fi or Bluetooth) on the device and TV Box. From the list of found devices, select the desired one, after which pairing will occur. If you need to enter a password, use the combinations “0000” or “1234”.
Connecting a TV set-top box: what connectors can be?
So, before considering the process of connecting a TV set-top box to a TV, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the connectors that the device may contain. Their variety and number directly depends on the specific TV box and its cost. We will look at a typical set of connectors for set-top boxes in a box form factor, as they are the most common today.
- Power port. Almost any TV set-top box has a power adapter. As a rule, it is presented in a round shape, so it is impossible to confuse with others. Some models can use USB, miniUSB or microUSB ports for charging.
- HDMI. Every modern TV set-top box has it, it is necessary to connect to image output devices (TVs, monitors). The package includes an HDMI cable that is used for connection. HDMI interface can transmit and. and high quality sound that saves you a lot of wires.
- Audio outputs. Despite the fact that HDMI alone may be enough to connect a TV set-top box to a TV, manufacturers additionally equip devices with optical and / or coaxial audio outputs. They are necessary, as it is not difficult to guess, to output sound. Optical output is labeled as Optical or SPDIF, coaxial. Coaxial.
- Card reader. Presented by a slot for inserting SD / SDHC memory cards. It’s easy to find a TV set-top box on the case.
- USB. Most TV Boxes have these ports, as they allow you to connect dozens of additional devices. I don’t need to explain what USB looks like. The only thing to consider is the USB version. Today, USB 3.0 (blue port) is popular and offers better data transfer speeds than USB 2.0.
- LAN. The RJ-45 connector is also common. It is required to connect a TV set-top box to the Internet via a wire.
- Analog and audio. These are increasingly rare given the widespread adoption of HDMI. Needed to connect a TV set-top box to old TVs that have not received a digital interface For connection, a wire with RCA connectors is used (popularly. “tulips”).
This is what a set of connectors looks like for most Smart consoles. As a rule, it is supplemented by wireless interfaces (Wi – Fi, Bluetooth). They are needed to connect peripherals (mice, keyboards, gamepads), as well as to access the Network through a router.
How to connect a TV box to two TVs?
Often, users want to make several TVs “smart” in the house at once by connecting them to one TV-Box. Theoretically it is possible, but how it will be in practice is difficult to predict.
Read the instructions for your set-top box carefully! She may SIMply not support such a connection and fail.
So, we need the digital set-top box itself and two TVs, and one must be with HDMI, the second will be connected via RCA. The connection takes place as we discussed above. That is, we connect one TV to a TV set-top box via an HDMI cable, the second. we use an RCA wire or appropriate adapters. If the system works, then we have several nuances:
- The same picture is output on both TVs. It will not work on one to play, on the other to watchs on the Web. the system does not provide for work in this mode.
- If the set-top box is in one room, and the TVs are in the other two, then you will have to constantly run to the Box in order to switch something.
In what situations can it be useful to connect one set-top box to two TVs? For example, when you want to watch your favorite movie both in the hall and in the kitchen.
How to connect a digital TV box to an old TV?
Many users are interested in set-top boxes as a way to make an old TV a little smarter, extending its life. But the question arises: how to connect a Smart set-top box to an old TV that does not have HDMI? First, you can find a TV-Box model that has a set of composite outputs (usually three (maybe two): yellow.; red and white. sound). Accordingly, it is necessary to find the inputs (in / audio) on the TV of the same color. A 3RCA-3RCA cable is used for connection (three tulips at each end). Each “tulip” has its own color, so it is impossible to get confused. After connecting the TV set-top box, you need to switch the TV to output mode (look for the corresponding button (or Source) on the TV remote control.
In modern TV Boxes with more advanced hardware, they abandon the outdated tulips and use the AV output. The cable is not always included. In this case, you will have to buy an additional adapter. As a rule, a 3.5 Jack-3RCA cable is suitable (it has a 3.5 connector on one end (SIMilar to the one used in headphones), on the other. 3 “tulips”). Jack is connected to the corresponding output on the TV set-top box (AV), 3RCA. to the TV.
Also on sale you can find signal converters (converters), for example, the HDMI2AV model. On the one hand, a TV set-top box is connected to it via HDMI, on the other hand, the signal is output to the TV via the 3RCA-3RCA wire. As you can see, there is where to turn around.
How to connect a TV set-top box to a monitor?
Initially, all TV Boxes are designed to be connected to TVs, but many users want to use the device with monitors. If the monitor is modern (has HDMI), then there should be no connection problems. We just do all the same steps as for the TV. The situation is more difficult when the monitor is outdated, and all that it has from the connectors is VGA and DVI. In this case, you cannot SIMply plug in the cord.
An adapter is required to connect a digital TV set-top box. The SIMplest option is: HDMI-VGA or HDMI-DVI (see photo above). That is, on one end of the cable we have an HDMI connector, on the other. VGA or DVI. Accordingly, one end connects to the set-top box, the other to the monitor. True, there is no guarantee that such a design will work. Poor wire and HDCP technology (used for copy protection) can be the cause.
There are other connection options, but almost all involve the use of a converter. Connecting a TV set-top box in this way, of course, will have to sweat, but as a result, an old monitor can become a semblance of a large smartphone on which you can watch movies and play games.