Do you want to display the image on the TV from your smartphone without pulling wires? Then you can use the Miracast function.
A prerequisite is a modern TV to support this wireless technology. But intermediary devices in the form of routers and routers are not needed. The signal is transmitted directly from one device to another.
The connection procedure itself will not be difficult. It will not require much effort or time from you. At least on Xiaomi redmi note 4x, we managed to set up data transfer to another monitor in just a minute. We did everything as follows:
- First, we activate the function on the TV device. The fact is that on many models it is disabled by default. So it’s better to start with this. In our case, this is a Samsung TV. On the control panel, select the button called “Source”. In the window that pops up on the screen, press “Screen Mirroring”. How to enable miracast on LG? We press the button “Settings” on the remote control. Next, select the “Network” section. Then we find the item “Miracast”. In it, we simply change the position of the switch to “On”. On TVs from other manufacturers, the miracast function is turned on in the same way. If something does not work, then you can find help on the Internet.
- Let’s leave the TV. But don’t turn it off. Let’s pick up Xiaomi Redmi or mi series. Go to “Settings”.
- We open the subsection “Additional functions”.
- We tap on the item “Wireless display”.
- Now we wait (usually no more than 30-40 seconds) until the smartphone finds an available monitor.
- It remains only to click on it and wait for the connection to complete.
By the way, the algorithm described above is suitable for Xiaomi smartphones with MIUI shell. If you have, for example, Mi a1, running on “pure” Android, then you will need:
- Through the “Settings” go to the “Screen” section.
- Then scroll down and select “Broadcast”.
- Then we do everything as in the first option: select a TV device and synchronize with it.
For reference! Disadvantages of wirelessly connecting a smartphone to a TV. minor broadcast delays and periodic quality distortion.
Another popular wireless standard. It can also be used to connect a Xiaomi smartphone to a TV. But we recommend using this synchronization option in cases where you do not need a live broadcast of images from your phone.
After all, a mobile device, when connected via DLNA, will work like a flash drive. Only no wires are needed, which is a big plus.
On the TV, the files that are stored on the Xiaomi smartphone will be available to you. And you can start them already from the TV itself.
For this technology to work on your smartphone, you need to install a special software in advance. BubbleUPnP. The program is available for download on Google Play. The transmitted content can be:
- a photo;
- some video formats.
Also, don’t forget to connect your TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, it will not be possible to synchronize two devices via DLNA.
How to Display Image from Xiaomi Phone to TV
Watching videos and photos on a smartphone is not as convenient as on a large TV. Therefore, from time to time, many users have a question, how can information be transferred from a phone to a TV device? Of course, you can suggest that you first throw everything on a USB flash drive, and then connect it to the TV. But all this is long, inconvenient and not always possible. In addition, in this way, it will not be possible to display online content on the big screen.
We will be happy to tell you how to connect a Xiaomi smartphone (Redmi 4, 5, 6, mi 8, 6 and other popular models) to a TV? Believe me, this skill will come in handy more than once. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but someday you will go on a business trip or visit, and there it is easy to “make friends” two devices for broadcasting documents, images and other data.
Via Wi-Fi Direct
Using wireless technologies, you can connect your Xiaomi smartphone to your TV. For example, using Wi-Fi Direct. True, everything will work out only if you have Smart TV. The very same connection procedure through this channel is simple:
- First of all, we connect both the phone and the TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to “Settings” on your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Go to the “Wi-Fi” section.
- We go down the menu and tap on the item “Advanced (additional) settings”.
- We are looking for the “Wi-Fi Direct” option. Click on her.
- In the window that appears, the process of searching for devices with which pairing is possible will begin. We need our TV to appear here. As soon as the smartphone finds it, we try to connect.
- Usually the TV model is prescribed. So we tap on it. Then we press the completion of the connection process.
- We open the “Gallery”, “YouTube” on the Xiaomi smartphone or launch the movie through the video player. We see the icon on top, which tells us about the successful connection to TV.
- Enjoy the big screen.
Via HDMI or USB
But if you need to transfer images from your phone to a relatively old TV that does not support wireless data transfer technology? Then you can connect the two devices via a USB cable. The corresponding connector is available on almost all TV models.
- Using the microUSB. USB cable, we connect the phone to the TV.
- Using the remote control, turn on the TV device and go to the menu.
- Choosing a suitable USB output.
- Open the desired image or video file on the phone.
The only nuance of connecting two devices via USB is that in the TV the smartphone will be defined as a USB flash drive with a file structure. It turns out that you cannot broadcast anything in real time. That is, you can open a photo on your phone, and it will be displayed on the big screen. But you shouldn’t run a video in the browser of your smartphone and wait for it to be displayed on a TV set.
Two devices are connected via HDMI as follows:
- Be sure to turn off the TV.
- We connect the wires, now turn on the TV.
- Using the remote control, open the settings or the main menu.
- We select the broadcast mode via HDMI. If you cannot understand how this is done, then refer to the user manual that came with the TV.
After these manipulations, both the image and the sound should begin to be duplicated on the big screen. At the same time, the quality is usually at a very good level. When properly connected, no noise, graphic artifacts, washed out colors or outlines are observed.
For reference! If you are the owner of a Xiaomi smartphone, then you can use the gadget not only for its intended purpose. Your phone can be easily launched as a TV remote control. This is done using the Mi Remote program. You do not need to download and upload this program, because it is originally built into the firmware.
Using the Xiaomi wireless display function to work with a computer
To make the connection, you also need to first prepare a stationary computer or laptop. The PC must be powered by an Intel processor and Wi-Fi from the same manufacturer. You need to enable the Wireless Display function on your smartphone. Next, you need to configure your computer:
- In the computer settings, you need to find the section “Wireless networks”.
- Activate Wi-Fi Direct / WiDi Miracast.
The algorithm also depends on the computer model and its operating system. For example, on a PC with Windows 8.1 or 10, you need to click on the notification icon (lower right corner of the monitor), click on the section “Connect”. “Project to this computer” (located in the list on the left side of the screen). You can even enter a connection key here to ensure security.
Note! There is another faster way. press the key combination “Win P” at the same time. The Project menu appears on the right side of the monitor. Below is the desired section “Connecting to a wireless display”. This method works on the Windows 10 operating system.
The steps for connecting to a PC depend on the software version
If the user did everything correctly, the required computer will appear in the smartphone’s list of devices for wireless connection and the image will start broadcasting.
Using Wi-Fi and WiDi technology in MiUI to broadcast the screen
Xiaomi smartphones run on MIUI or Android operating systems. They support the wireless display function, which is based on Miracast technology (compatible with modern TVs and computers) or WiDi (Wireless Display) by Intel. WiDi is similar in its own way to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and works with older device models.
To make the connection between your TV and your phone, you need to make sure your TV has Miracast function. The broadcast will be done using Wi-Fi. The user just has to set up the communication between the devices. This applies to modern TVs or PCs and laptops with Windows 8, 8.1, 10 software that already have Miracast technology built-in.
Note! As for older computers manufactured before 2013, it will be possible to establish a connection only via WiDi, but provided that the PC is equipped with an Intel processor with an integrated video card and a Wi-Fi adapter from the same manufacturer. This will also require the latest drivers to be installed.
How to set up a Xiaomi wireless display to work with your TV
Before connecting your phone to the TV, you need to make sure that the TV is equipped with a Wi-Fi function (either a built-in function or connecting to an external adapter). You can also connect your TV via Android TV Box. Both devices (smartphone. transmitter and TV. receiver) must be connected to the same router and to the same network.
For your information! If the router is dual-band, then the connection to the devices must come from one of them.
First, you need to enable the “Wireless Display” function in the transmitter, as mentioned above, and then proceed with the connection to the receiver:
- You need to go to the device menu.
- Find the section “Network” or “Network” / “Setting”.
- In it you need to select “Screen Mirroring” / “Screen Mirroring” or “Miracast” or you can see the “Intel`s WiDi” section and confirm the connection with the smartphone by clicking on the square.
Then the TV goes into standby mode and connects to the phone.
Note! The connection algorithm depends on the brand of the TV. It is best to refer to his instructions.
On TVs with Smart TVs, the connection is even faster, since this function is enabled by default.
What is Xiaomi Wireless Display. How to turn it on
Technology does not stand still, especially with regard to the development of smartphones. Every year more and more advanced phone models are released with various convenient functions. For example, Xiaomi smartphones allow you to display the image from your screen on the TV screen. This article details how to set up a Xiaomi wireless display and stream content to other devices.
What is a wireless display on a Xiaomi smartphone
Despite the fact that phone screens are getting larger, they are not large enough to comfortably perform any action (for example, watching a movie). The creators of Xiaomi have developed the “Wireless Display” function. Finding it and connecting it is quite simple.
Xiaomi smartphone is the most popular gadget according to 2019 data.
For your information! When connected wirelessly via Xiaomi, the same picture is displayed on the TV, PC or laptop screen as on the phone. It can be anything: a game, a movie, a text document, etc.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of this function??
- it is very convenient, because you do not need to use any special cables and adjust to their length and connectors;
- the connection process is not complicated and long;
- connection occurs only between the specified devices.
- the function is not always available for outdated PC or TV models, or the image may be slightly late;
- the picture sometimes loses quality during broadcast;
- possible failures, for example, due to Wi-Fi;
- Ultra HD format is not supported for image transfer.
How to enable and use the wireless display on Xiaomi
Image broadcast setting will take place on both devices. To enable the “Wireless Display” function on a Xiaomi smartphone (regardless of model, Mi, Redmi, etc.), you must first pay attention to its operating system.
If the MIUI software is installed on the phone, then you must adhere to the following algorithm:
- Go to phone settings.
- Select the section “Additional functions”.
- In the window that opens, click on “Wireless display”.
- Next, activate the function by moving the slider (it will turn blue).
- Select the device to which the smartphone will be connected.
Connecting the “Wireless Display” on the phone
If the smartphone is equipped with the Android operating system (version 4.2 or higher), then the following steps should be taken:
- Go to the smartphone settings, as in the previous paragraph.
- Find the “Screen” section.
- In the new window below you can see the “Broadcast” button. Need to click on it.
- An entry “No devices found” will appear in the menu that opens. But don’t worry. This is due to the fact that this feature is disabled by default. To enable it, you need to click on the shortcut in the form of three dots in the upper right corner of the screen and put a tick next to the “Enable”.
Important! After updating the information, a list of devices to which you can connect will appear.
Connection problems and bug fixes
It happens that various problems arise during the connection process. Devices may not see each other or not connect. What can be done in this case:
- a software failure occurred while connecting the devices. In this case, you need to repeat the procedure, sometimes even several times;
- the smartphone does not see the other device. It is recommended that you restart your phone and device and repeat the setup. Perhaps they are far from each other, so the smartphone needs to be brought closer to the TV or computer;
- the broadcast device is outdated and simply does not support this function;
- after connecting, the image on the TV may freeze, since the TV is not so powerful and has less RAM than a computer. There may also be noise or black bars around the edges of the screen;
- on a TV, the quality of photos and text documents is better than on a PC, but the video plays better on a computer. This is because the wireless connection is not yet as perfect as the wired one;
- if the computer or laptop has the Windows 7 operating system (at least), then to enable the wireless display function, you need to install additional software. You need to download the Intel Wireless Display Software for Windows (WiDi), which will allow you to broadcast various content from one device to another. After installation, a shortcut will appear on the PC desktop. After launching it, you need to enable the “Adapter” option that appears in a new window. During the first launch, the software will ask you to enter the proposed password. Next, you need to confirm the action and put a tick next to the automatic connection function in the future, so that the next time you connect, user participation is not needed.
The Wireless Display function is becoming very popular. It works on the basis of Miracast or WiDi technologies and has both advantages and disadvantages. In any case, connecting a smartphone to a TV or PC will not be difficult and is in many ways a very convenient way to work with various files, especially if the equipment is modern and meets all the requirements.