9 ways to transfer images from your computer to your TV screen
The laptop is very convenient for work with its dimensions and low weight. But when it comes to viewing or gaming, a small monitor wants to be replaced by a larger screen. In case you have a TV with a large diagonal, you can connect your device to a TV or home theater. In the article, we will consider how you can display an image from a laptop on a TV.
S-is an analog interface. It can only transmit files of standard definition television (576i and 480i), which means that modern speech quality formats are out of the question. TVs are rarely equipped with such a port, so in order to project an image from a laptop, an S-to RCA adapter is additionally required. Also, do not use an S-cable longer than 2 meters, as this will lead to a deterioration in signal quality. To transfer sound to TV, SIMilar to DVI, you will need to use a “minijack”.
Let’s consider how you can output an image to a TV via USB. In this case, when connecting USB-USB, it will be impossible to view, since this standard is not designed for data transfer. In this option, you can view images, presentations, text documents. With this connection, the TV will see the laptop as a USB flash drive.
But to duplicate the display of a laptop, you can use the output to the TV’s HDMI port. To do this, you need an adapter, which is an external card. You will need to install the driver from the card to the laptop. When purchasing such an adapter, you should pay attention to the characteristics of the transmitted (Full HD support) and sound.
We have already examined the connection using a local network wirelessly. Lan is a network but wired (Ethernet) connection. If the TV does not have a Wi-Fi module, then you can use this method. To mirror the computer screen to the TV, you will need to follow the same steps as for the WI – FI connection. Namely:
- Connect TV to a router using a network cable. In this case, the dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP) must be configured on the network device. Otherwise, you will have to manually register the network settings in TV;
- Connect your laptop to the same network. Wired or wireless. it doesn’t matter;
- Install the program on the laptop to output files to TV. We’ve already covered the Home Media Server application, which is easy to set up and install;
- Share the required folders. That’s it, now you can transfer images and send for playback.
How is it possible to transfer an image from a computer to a TV using VGA? The VGA standard allows only analog signal transmission without sound. To reproduce sound, you will need an additional adapter with the so-called “tulips” or “minijack” plug. Another option is to leave the sound playing on the laptop or through the speakers connected to it. To do this, you can use the function keys of the laptop. It should display 2 screens, for example, F10Fn (function enable key). It is now possible to show from laptop to TV. When setting up display on a laptop, you can increase the resolution to get a better picture.
The color image is formed by means of three main signals: Red, Green, Blue. If the image is output from such a connector, then it is logical to use the same TV input. RGB replaced Scart when it became impossible to use scarts in thin TVs. Mostly RGB is available on older models. Compatible with Scart and composite RCA (tulip) cables. or games from the computer monitor to the TV will be broadcasted as with any other cable connection.
Ways to output images from a laptop to TV
There are wireless and wired methods for displaying images from a laptop to a TV. With a wired connection, you do not need to have the same ports on both devices. If they are different, then you will need to use adapters. If you need to translate digital data to an analog input, you will need additional converters or attachments.
The disadvantages of a wireless connection are limited bandwidth and possible signal interruption. The disadvantage of connecting via a cord may be the presence of the cord itself, as well as the limit of the cable length for different standards. However, if you need to connect a laptop and enjoy viewing, this drawback is completely weightless and will not cause inconvenience.
All modern TVs are equipped with DLNA technology, which allows devices to exchange data within the home network. This can be done both via cable and WI-FI. If there is a connection via WI-FI, then both the laptop and TV must be connected to it. But the TV will only “see” the shared folders. In order for the TV to have access to all the information, you can open general access to all folders in the “Network” settings on the laptop. But this is not recommended for security reasons. After all, in this case, everyone who will be connected to your network will be able to use your data. Another option is to make a specific folder publicly available.
But for more convenient display of the image on the TV, it is better to download the program. One of the recommended ones is “Home Media Server”. It is free and universal for different TV models, and also has wide functionality. To install on a laptop, just download the application (better on the official website) and run the installation file. After starting the program, in the settings window, you can select the category of media resources and already specify access to folders there.
If your devices support Miracast or Intel WiDi technologies, then it is enough to enable these functions on the TV. Then he can connect wirelessly to your laptop without a router, directly. On the laptop, however, you need to install the appropriate application. But when connected, you can display any picture from a laptop.
If the TV does not have a WI-FI module, then you can use various adapters that can be connected to the HDMI port. For example, one such device is the Google Chromecast, which looks like a USB flash drive. The gadget is designed for streaming multimedia content.
The HDMI connection can be called optimal in order to transfer media data from one equipment to another. This standard enables high-speed transmission, even of Ultra HD-quality files, and more than that. but also multichannel sound.
How to output images from a computer to a TV using HDMI? It is enough to connect the two devices with a cable. Then switch to TV AVI mode and select the port to which the cord is connected. On a laptop, you need to call the screen settings and set the required resolution there, as well as select the display of displays. This means that on a laptop you will be able to control both screens, and you will need to select a display for the TV screen. The options are:
- Duplications. the same image on both screens;
- Display on 1 screen. the second one will be turned off;
- Screen Enhancements. TV will become a second monitor.
Settings may vary depending on the version of the operating system.
The next way is how to transfer the image via DVI. DVI was developed for transferring content to digital devices. Predecessor to HDMI. And, unlike the latter, it does not transmit sound. In this case, you will need a TRS connector or adapter, otherwise called “minijack”. a very popular audio connector, probably familiar to many as an input for connecting headphones. To duplicate the screen of a computer or laptop, you will need to follow the same steps as for HDMI. After connecting, transferring the played file is not difficult.
Determine available connections
To transfer images from a laptop to a TV, you need to find out what methods are available for this. First, you should look at what ports are present on the TV and laptop, and then decide how best to duplicate the laptop screen.
Scart is a European standard for transmitting analog and digital signals. It has different specifications, so it can transmit different signals (audio channel, control). The convenience of the interface is that it makes it possible to connect a high-quality RGB source to the TV without intermediate coding.
To stream a movie from a PC or laptop, it is better to use a VGA-SCART adapter. This is due to the fact that a large number of TVs are equipped with a SCART connector, and computers. VGA.
If you have a large number of connectors, it is better to choose a wired connection from the latest technologies. The best option is HDMI. In general, setting up your laptop and TV is straightforward. The main thing is to select the input signal on the TV, and on the laptop perform the settings that are required for the corresponding technology.
For example, you don’t have a Wi-Fi module, but you have an HDMI port. an additional adapter will help. There are 3 of them to choose from:
- Android Mini PC;
- Google Chromecast;
- Miracast box.
Just plug one of the suggested options into the HDMI connector of your TV.
TVs manufactured according to modern standards have DLNA technology. Its essence lies in the ability to transfer data within the home network. This is done not only by cable, but also by Wi-Fi. In the second case, both devices must be connected to the network.
By default, TV can only use shared folders. To fix this, go to laptop settings and go to “Network”. There, general access to the entire repository is opened. However, in this case, you will lose the security of your information.
So anyone who gets access to your Wi-Fi network can use your data. But you can make one folder “visible”, which is needed at the moment.
Much better and more convenient if the TV is equipped with Miracast or Intel WiDi technology. Turn them on on your TV and you can connect to your laptop wirelessly. This is done as follows:
- On a laptop, right-click on an empty space on the screen.
- A menu will appear in front of you. At the bottom of the list will be the “Display Settings” tab. Click on it.
- In the window that appears, scrolling down the “Displays” menu, find “Connect to a wireless display”. After turning on the mode, a new window will open, it will show all the screens to which you can connect to transfer the image. Select the device you want.
By doing this, the TV display will have the entire laptop desktop, which will allow you to forget about the small resolution of the laptop.
You can transfer a picture from a laptop to a TV using an HDMI cable. First, make sure that the connector is on both devices so as not to make a mistake with the purchase.
After defining the ports, you can connect. This is done like this:
- Insert one end of the wire into the TV and the other into the laptop.
- On the TV remote control, open the menu through which the signal source is determined.
- Select “HDMI”.
Done. Now you need to adjust the resolution on your laptop. When the laptop finds the TV, it will offer two broadcast options. dubbed, split, or using a second screen as the main one.
Done. Now you need to adjust the resolution on your laptop. It so happens that after the connection, the picture is displayed indistinctly. it means that the matter is in the aspect ratio. Go to screen settings and find the optimal settings for your TV.
A rather outdated way of transferring images. When developing this connector, DVI was designed to project a file onto digital devices. He is the father of HDMI. Only though he is older, he cannot transmit sound. from which it significantly loses its significance. You will need a mini-jack connector to stream audio.
To connect, the instructions from HDMI, which were outlined above, are suitable.
Not the smartest way to connect, as the quality of the transmitted image is poor. It broadcasts files of definition 576i and 480i, which is certainly not enough if we talk about modern formats. over, an S-to RCA adapter is required. Sound is not supported, SIMilar with DVI. For its appearance, use the mini-jack connector.
You can also transfer images from your laptop to your TV via USB. But when it comes to. then discard this option immediately, as it does not imply content transfer. Images, various presentations, documents. don’t count on more.
LAN is the port used to transfer the Internet connection. This option is suitable if the TV is not equipped with a Wi-Fi module. The whole thing is connected in this way:
- Connect the TV to a router with the Internet using a network cable.
- Do the same with your laptop. Here you can also connect via Wi-Fi. it does not matter, the main thing is that to the same network with the TV.
- On the laptop, you will need to install the appropriate software for broadcasting. The Home Media Server application will do. He has a fairly SIMple installation, understandable at an intuitive level.
- Allow to use the necessary folders by opening access to them.
Done. Enjoy the picture from laptop to TV.
The disadvantage of this connection is the lack of sound when pairing. To make the sound appear, you can use an adapter with “tulips”, or all the same mini-jack. In order not to bother with audio, the sound is left on the laptop by connecting speakers to it. Also possible through the built-in laptop speakers.
Expands and translates as “Red Green Blue”. This connector is calculated as a replacement for SCART, since it is already quite outdated and modern manufacturers have abandoned its use. But RGB hasn’t gone far either. it’s more common on older TVs. Can be combined with all the same SCART or “tulips”.
Apple has taken care of its users and implemented AirPlay technology into its services. What is its essence? With it, you can easily and quickly transfer a picture from a laptop to a TV. In just a couple of minutes. Windows computers do not have this functionality, but you can download a third-party application that replaces it. The program is called AipParrot. You can install it for free.
- Go to the website. airsquirrels.com/airparrot
- Next to the button “12.99” there is another. “TRY”. Click on it.
- Click on Windows version.
- Download the program by clicking on “Download”.
- A window will pop up. Click “Save”.
- Go to the program.
But there is an alternative way:
- Install iTunes on the official Apple website.
- Open the File menu and include the displayed collection.
- An AirPlay icon will appear in the player.
European standard that can carry both digital and analog signals. Audio. everything he can do.
In order to project images from a laptop to a TV, it is better to use a VGA to SCART adapter. There is an explanation for this. SCART is most often found on TVs, and VGA on laptops.
All methods of transferring images from a laptop to a TV screen
A laptop is an irreplaceable thing both in terms of convenience and quality of work. With the characteristics of a desktop computer, it can cover almost all needs. Doing work, watching movies, and even playing computer games. However, not all of this will be as comfortable as possible.
Television broadcasts are increasingly fading into the background, leaving only memories. Whether it is the progressive Internet. new movies, foreign serials. everything is clickable. Having learned that it is possible to display an image from a laptop on a TV, many people are delighted, but after a couple of seconds they immediately ask the question: “How to do this?” That is why this article was created. Read, plug and enjoy the large diagonal.
Ways to display images from a laptop
The connection is divided into wireless and wired. The cable does not always have to be identical on both sides: there are many adapters for different connectors.
One drawback of a wireless connection that immediately catches the eye is the possibility of an unstable signal. And in a wired one. the presence of a wire. It can be short or interrupted somewhere inside, from which there will be no connection, and outwardly the cable can be intact. But disadvantages can be found in absolutely everything, so you should not focus on this, it is better to move on specifically to the methods.
Determine available ports
This is the initial action to be taken. See what common connectors the devices have. If there are several of them, you will have to choose. The quality of the picture and sound depends on the connection method, so you need to know the advantages of each of the ports. You will find the characteristics of each below.
How to display an image from a laptop, smartphone, or tablet to a TV over Wi-Fi? TV as a wireless monitor [Intel WiDi and Miracast]
I very often have to answer questions that sound something like this: “Is it possible to use a TV as a wireless monitor for a laptop or smartphone?” “How to display an image on a TV from a tablet, computer, or phone, but not via cable, but via Wi-Fi?” “How to make it so that everything on a tablet or smartphone is displayed on the TV, and that everything is in the air?”.
In this article, I will try to answer the questions posed. We will figure out whether it is possible to display an image on a modern TV without a cable, and how to do this using Intel WiDi or Miracast technologies.
Before proceeding with the main part, in which I plan to tell you how you can still turn a TV into a wireless monitor, you need to understand something:
It can slow down by air, use a cable
If you want to display a picture on TV from your laptop, in order to play games or watch movies, then it is best to do this via an HDMI cable. There should be no problems with a computer, since now almost every laptop or every card has HDMI, and even in TVs this is far from uncommon. How to connect all this, read the article How to connect a TV to a computer (laptop) using an HDMI cable? TV as a monitor.
No wireless technology will provide the picture quality you get with a digital HDMI cable (at least not yet). Yes, I want it without wires, but with wireless technology, there will be slowdowns, albeit not great. And it’s not very pleasant to play games, or watch movies with some delays in the image.
Display on TV and photos, you can without special technologies
In this article, we are talking about duplicating absolutely everything that happens on the screen of your device to the TV.
But, in order to SIMply broadcast photos to TV via Wi-Fi, or from your computer, smartphone, or tablet, you do not need any special technologies. Almost every modern TV supports DLNA technology (if there is a Smart TV, then it definitely does). Computers and mobile devices can also transfer media content using DLNA technology. Android can do it for sure, iOS can do it too (if I’m not mistaken). and in Windows Phone, this opportunity will appear after updating to version 8.1 (at the time of this writing, the official update will wait about a month).
To set up the broadcast of photos and films over the air from your computer to your TV, see these instructions:
If the first article is suitable only for LG TVs, then the second one can be called universal.
Well, if you still need to completely duplicate the picture on the TV, and even without wires, then read on.
Which devices support Intel WiDi and Miracast?
As for computers (laptops). then Intel WiDi technology requires a 4th generation Intel processor, Intel graphics, and Intel wireless Wi-Fi adapter. As you already understood, not every laptop can boast of such a configuration. Or, you need a special attachment.
If we talk about mobile devices, then they should also support Intel WiDi, or Miracast. If you plan to use these technologies, then see the characteristics of the devices and check the availability of these technologies before buying.
You can see detailed information on devices that support this technology on the official website http://www.intel.ua/content/www/ua/uk/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html.
Image on TV from laptop or smartphone via Wi-Fi
I noticed that many people want, for example, to launch an online movie on a tablet, in a browser and display it on the TV. But in order to broadcast a movie via DLNA, you must first download it. Not everyone likes this, and not everyone knows how to download movies on a tablet or smartphone. If you have a Smart TV, then you can watch online movies directly from your TV, and you do not need any additional devices for this. How to do this, read this article.
There are two main technologies that allow wirelessly duplicating everything that you see on the screen of your laptop or mobile device on a TV. These are Intel Wireless Display Technology (Intel WiDi). and Miracast. Most likely, you have already heard about these technologies, or saw them in the settings of your devices.
If you explain their work in your own words, then everything happens like this: the image that is displayed on the screen of your computer or mobile device is compressed and transmitted via Wi-Fi to the TV. All this happens very quickly, and the delays are almost invisible.
You just turn on Miracast, or Intel WiDi on the TV (if it supports this technology, if not, you need a special HDMI adapter). and on a mobile device, or on a laptop using a special program, start the broadcast. The devices are connected and the picture is transmitted to the TV. By the way, a Wi-Fi network (router) is not needed at all, the TV itself creates a network to which you just need to connect. Something like Wi-Fi Direct.
At first glance, everything is very SIMple. But, at the moment, not all devices support these wireless technologies. Although, I think that in a year, this will no longer be a problem.
By the way, Intel WiDi (starting from version 3.5) is compatible with Miracast. Therefore, the technology from Intel can be considered universal.
Intel WiDi and Miracast on TVs
We figured out the devices that will transmit the image over the air, now with regard to the TVs that will display this very image. The TV must either have built-in support for Intel WiDi / Miracast, or you will need to buy a special receiver that connects to the HDMI connector of your TV.
As far as I understand, almost all TVs of popular manufacturers: LG, Samsung, Toshiba. starting from the 2013 line, and which have support for Smart TV, have built-in receivers and are able to work with the Intel WiDi / Miracast standard.
If the TV does not have built-in support, then, as I already wrote, an external HDMI adapter will help. By the way, the image goes through it even better than through the built-in.
For example, the LG 32LN575U TV is an inexpensive model with a Smart TV function, there is support for Intel WiDi / Miracast. It looks like this:
Perhaps, somehow I will demonstrate the work of this technology, but this will already be in another article.
Let’s summarize. If you want to use the TV as the main monitor or the second monitor for your computer or mobile device, and you do not have an urgent need to connect them over the air, then it is best to do it with a cable. It’s cheaper and the picture quality will be better.
Do not forget that with the help of DLNA technology, and via Wi-Fi, you can broadcast photos and. But you won’t be able to display the image by launching the game while in the browser, or on the desktop.
If you still want everything that is displayed on the screen of your computer, smartphone, or tablet to be displayed on the TV screen, then look towards Intel WiDi and Miracast technologies. If your devices do not support these standards, then you will have to buy special set-top boxes and receivers.
If you are just planning to buy new devices and are going to use these wireless technologies, then before buying, see if they support these standards.
You cannot transfer via USB ports, they are not designed for this type of signal. But you can use such a connector for connection on a laptop, you just need an adapter to HDMI.
How to connect a laptop to a TV directly via USB: in addition to a USB cable, you will need an adapter. a compact external card that will help you broadcast an image from your desktop. When purchasing it, pay attention to fullHD support and characteristics of the transmitted audio signal. After connecting the devices, install the drivers from the card on the computer and select on the TV as the USB signal source.
Connecting a laptop to a TV via cable is easy:
- Determine what ports are in PC and TV.
- Select connection type.
- Buy the appropriate cable and connect the devices.
- Adjust image transmission.
Likewise, you can connect the TV to a stationary PC system unit, but then the devices must be located close enough to each other so that the cord length is enough.
We connect and configure
To set up the connection, you will need to run the cable from the laptop to the TV, having previously disconnected both devices. After switching on in an ideal situation, you will see the picture from the laptop on the TV screen. To switch between displays, use one of the function keys with the dual monitor icon. usually F4 or F5. On the TV, open the list of signal sources, instead of TV, select the name of the port to which you connected the cable. If there is no picture or it is distorted, go to detailed settings.
How to connect a computer with a wire to the TV: right-click on the desktop to launch “Screen Settings”, in Windows 8 and earlier the item is called “Resolution”.
Set the correct resolution for each monitor, set the sharing mode:
- duplication. the same picture on both screens, suitable for launching games, distortions may appear if there is a large difference in extensions;
- displaying only one. the second display will be disabled;
- screen expansion. TV will become the second monitor, expanding the desktop to the left or right (the order depends on the location of displays 1 and 2 in the settings, they can be swapped by dragging). Move any applications to a second monitor by pulling them off the edge of the table. play the movie in the player on the TV while still working on the laptop.
A SIMilar menu can be opened in a laptop by pressing the WinP keys. You will be prompted to choose the option to use the second screen. duplication or expansion.
Miracast and WiDi
For these technologies, you do not have to open access to folders, but a laptop must meet a number of requirements in order to display a picture via Wi-Fi:
- at least Intel 3 processor;
- preinstalled Windows 8.1 or higher with Wi-Fi. for Miracast;
- Intel HD Graphics wireless adapter. for WiDi;
- the TV must support one of these technologies.
How to display laptop image to TV via WiDi: Download and open Intel Wireless Display utility, search for wireless display. To connect, enter the security code shown on TV.
To connect via Miracast in Windows 8.1, open the Charms bar and activate “Projector” in the device list. Choose to add a wireless screen.
How to connect a laptop directly to a TV
By Anastasia Posted on December 6, 2017 Updated on December 27, 2017
It is more convenient to watch movies or photos on a large TV screen than on a compact laptop. If you have a home theater system, watching a new movie will be even more comfortable. You can also run computer games by transferring an image to a TV screen. Let’s figure out how to connect a laptop to a TV. you need a special cable or wireless setup.
The Apple TV set-top box lets you stream from your computer to your TV screen. The easiest way is to connect a laptop with Mac OS X, but you can also set up transfer on a Windows PC.
How to connect MacBook: connect Apple TV to TV, connect set-top box to Wi-Fi network. In the system settings of the PC, select “Displays”, set Apple TV in the list. an image from the laptop will appear on the TV screen. If you want to transfer one movie, launch it in the player, in the bottom menu bar, click on the arrow icon and click on “AirPlay”. will go to TV.
For Windows PCs, install branded iTunes. In the File menu, activate the Home Sharing item, the AirPlay icon will appear in the player. All movies and music from your library can be transferred to TV.
Inspect the laptop connectors first. Find one of the exits:
- HDMI is a modern interface that allows you to transmit in high definition and an audio channel. Not available in budget and older models. The TV may have several ports of this type, in this case, remember the number of the hole into which you insert the wire.
- DVI. digital output. The signal from it can be easily converted into analog form through an inexpensive adapter. This type of cord will help connect devices that have a DVI or VGA port on one of them.
- VGA is a common connector that transmits only an analog signal, no sound, the maximum resolution is 1600×1200 pixels. A port of this type on TV is often labeled as PC, you can use a standard computer monitor cable for connection. An additional cord is required for audio transmission.
- S-. outdated port, does not give the best picture quality Suitable for connecting with old TVs, VHS players.
You should find one of these ports on both your laptop and your TV. They do not have to be of the same type, in the case of different connectors, adapters will come to the rescue.
If your TV doesn’t have Wi-Fi, but does have an HDMI connector, purchase a small adapter like:
- Android Mini PC;
- Google Chromecast;
- Miracast set-top box.
These small devices give your TV the full Smart TV experience. Also, individual TVs allow you to connect a Wi-Fi adapter to their USB port, after which they can go to your home network.
If you bought a modern TV with integrated Wi-Fi, connect your laptop to it wirelessly. But even owners of devices without Smart TV technology can set up a wireless laptop connection through a special adapter. To establish a connection, select one of the methods:
- DLNA. if the TV is connected to a local network router or has Wi-Fi Direct;
- Miracast or WiDi. will help you use your TV as a wireless monitor, transmitting any signal;
- via an adapter;
- Apple TV.
To connect a laptop to a TV via DLNA via Wi-Fi:
- Connect both devices to a single router. In the TV menu, enter the “Network” item and mark your access point as the main one, enter its password.
- Create a server on your PC, making your content available to TV. Set your home network as the active network in the “Network Control Center”.
- Find the folders with the files that you are going to duplicate on the TV screen. Right-click on the folder, open “Properties” and go to the “Access” tab, in the advanced settings, activate the opening of access to the content.
To SIMplify the creation of the server will help a special program. “Home Media Server”, Share Manager, Samsung Share. The first one is the most common, it can also recode audio files, supports subtitles and digital television. For use:
- download the installation file from the developer’s website;
- install and open the application;
- select your TV model in the list;
- mark the folders in the directory, the files from which you are going to transfer to the second screen.
Now turn on TV, in the menu find a service for viewing content from third-party devices. For LG devices, it is located in the SmartShare section, on Sony. Home. To transfer a movie from a computer to a TV via Wi-Fi, click on the desired file on a laptop, in the submenu go to “Play to”.
Windows 7 and 8 may experience problems with MKV transmission, for which the play function on another display is not activated. To display a picture in this case, you will first have to convert the files to AVI.
If your TV is equipped with Wi-Fi Direct, you just need to enable access to the necessary folders on your laptop. After that, activate Direct in the TV menu. select your laptop in the list of detected devices, enter the password and you can transfer files.
What you need to connect?
To connect, we need:
- laptop or desktop PC with HDMI output;
- TV with HDMI input;
- reversible HDMI cable.
Connecting laptop to TV via HDMI
In the case when Wi-Fi Direct is not configured, Miracast is not supported, there is no flash drive with a large volume, but I really want to watch a movie in good quality, we remember the HDMI connector. a great way to duplicate an image to another device without losing quality. Therefore, the question arises: how to connect a TV to a computer via HDMI in Windows 10 and what is required for this? The answer is below.
How to connect a computer to a TV
So, to transfer the image to TV, we need to connect two devices using a cable:
- Turn off your TV and laptop. This must be done so as not to damage the contacts as a result of a possible spark.
- Connect the ends of the HDMI cable to the input and output connectors (TV and laptop, respectively).
- Turn on both devices.
Most likely, you will not see the laptop screen projection on the TV.
To do this, TV and PC need to be configured:
- Enter the TV Menu and find the Input List item. It can also be called up by pressing the “Input” key on the remote control.
- In the list that appears, click on the input source: HDMI.
- After that, the image from the computer should appear on the TV.
But if this does not happen, the external signal transmission is disabled on the laptop or PC.
To enable it you need:
- Press the WinP keys SIMultaneously.
- In the window that appears, select the type of projection.
The best way is the option “Only the second screen”, in which the image from your car will be accurately copied to the TV screen, while the display of the computer itself will remain off. Choosing a different connection will cause two monitors to work at the same time, which is distracting.
In case your panel has a high resolution display, the transmitted image may be blurry or grainy.
To make full use of your TV screen resources, you need:
- Right click on the desktop.
- Select “Screen Options”.
- In the window that appears, click “Advanced display options”.
- Then click on “Detect” and after displaying the parameters of the external screen, select the maximum resolution from the drop-down list.
We connect the TV to the laptop using WiDi
First of all, this method is good because it does not require any “sharing” of folders and sharing settings. WiDi technology uses the Wi-Fi standard and SIMply duplicates the picture from the laptop onto the screen of the TV device. True, there are a couple of nuances. You can arrange a connection in this way only if the laptop:
- Assembled on the basis of the third generation Intel processor;
- Equipped with Intel Wi-Fi module;
- Integrated Intel graphics;
- OS. Windows 7, 8, 10.
In some cases, you may also need to install Intel Wireless Display software. As for the TV itself, it must support Miracast (WiDI) technology. Most modern models that are produced from 2012-2013 have this function by default.
The procedure for connecting via WiDi itself includes several stages:
- On the TV, open the Smart Applications or Settings menu, from where you can control the available functions. This can usually be done by pressing the “Smart” or “Home” buttons on the remote.
- Find and select “Screen Share”. On some TV models in the settings there is a separate item Miracast / Intels WiDi. we just look for and activate it. On Samsung TVs, this feature is called Screen Mirroring. If you can’t find a SIMilar section, then just turn on Wi-Fi on the TV device.
- Open Intel Wireless Display on the laptop. If this software is not available by default, then download and install.
- Once launched, the app will automatically scan for wireless displays. The user only needs to select the appropriate option and click “Connect”.
- You may not be able to sync your laptop and TV right away. Often the system asks you to enter a special code that appears on the TV display. Then we wait a few seconds until the connection is completed. That’s all you managed to transfer the image from the laptop to the big screen.
It also happens that you did everything as described above, but the laptop does not see the TV. Then open the Charms-panel on the laptop, click the “Devices” tab. Then select “Projector” and add your wireless screen. We also update the Wi-Fi drivers.
Connecting laptop to TV via Wi-Fi
The size of the laptop screen does not always allow you to comfortably view photos, play computer games or just surf the Internet. Therefore, many users connect a laptop to a TV. This can be done using a dedicated HDMI cable. Then the screen of the TV device will be like a second monitor to project the image from the laptop. But it’s much easier to connect your laptop to your TV over Wi-Fi. There is no need to place equipment as close to each other as possible, or to connect and hide wires. So today we will tell you about how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi in different ways.
We connect the TV to the laptop through special software
You can connect two devices via Wi-Fi to display an image using various programs. Today, there is a lot of all kinds of software for playing content on a TV without using wires. Although the most in demand are:
- home media server;
- Samsung Share (has a SIMplified interface, but mostly compatible only with Samsung devices);
- Share Manager.
And of all these programs, the home media server is the most stable application in operation. In addition, it fits almost all TV models from different manufacturers. Using a home media server as an example, we will tell you how to display an image from a laptop on TV:
- We download the distribution kit for free from the official website of the developer. http://www.homemediaserver.ru
- Installing the program on a laptop.
- We launch it. A table will appear listing the various devices. In this list, you need to choose the one to which the content will be transmitted. That is, we look for and click on your TV model. Click the “Next” button.
- The program will offer to share certain folders. By default, these are “”, “Music”, “Pictures”. However, you can manually specify other folders where you store your movies or photos so that you can later watch them on the TV screen. Just click on the right button “Add” with a big green plus.
- Then we confirm the scanning procedure. Click “Ok” and “Finish”.
Now the various content that you have specified in the home media server program will be displayed on the big TV screen.
Other SIMilar applications work on the same principle. So there shouldn’t be any difficulties in using them. So you learned how to connect a laptop to a TV via a wireless Wi-Fi network using special software.
We connect a TV with Smart TV technology to a laptop
Most modern TV devices are equipped with a function that allows you to access interactive content. Due to this, you can easily display on the TV screen a wide variety of information from the Internet. movies. music, games, blogs, etc. This technology is called Smart.
The most common and advanced platforms are Samsung Smart TV and LG Smart TV. Other manufacturers, such as Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Thomson, etc., are actively introducing this technology.
So we will connect such a TV with Smart TV to a laptop. This is done as follows:
- We connect both laptop and TV to one wireless point. For example, to a router. You already know how to do this on a laptop. So let’s start with the TV. We turn on the device and, using the remote control, go to the settings. We find a section called “Network” (or something SIMilar).
- Turn on the Wi-Fi adapter. Select from the list the access point to which the laptop is already connected. All two devices are connected to the same network.
- Next, we set up a DLNA server. Sounds scary and incomprehensible? Do not be afraid. In fact, we just open network access to folders with the rest of the content. This is done on a laptop. The first step is to go to the “Network Control Center”. In the “View active networks” section, change the public network to a private (home) one.
- Now we need to “share” a specific directory. For example, let’s say you want to watch a movie on TV that is stored on your laptop’s hard drive. Then we find the folder “My records”. Right-click on it.
- In the window that appears, select the “Access” section. From there we go to the item “Advanced setting”. Here, at the very top, we set a checkmark opposite “Share this folder”. Then we press “apply” and “ok”.
- There is another way to enable sharing. Open Windows Explorer, select “Network”. We find the message “Network discovery and file sharing are disabled.” Click on it and follow the instructions of the assistant.
- After DLNA is turned on, we take the remote from the TV. In the device menu, we are looking for an item dedicated to viewing the contents of various external connected sources. Let’s say it’s called “Home” on Sony TVs. There are films, pictures or music. All that remains is to select the desired content from your computer. If it’s LG, then you need to find the “SmartShare” section and click “View PC contents”.
If you have configured everything correctly, then you can start movies in two clicks. You just “highlight” any file on your laptop, click on it with the auxiliary mouse button and select the item “Play on.”. In the list that opens, you just need to click on your TV model. For example, Sony Bravia KDL-42W817B. Then the broadcast on the big screen will start automatically.
What to do if the TV does not have a Wi-Fi module?
Wireless connection with a laptop via Wi-Fi is not possible if there is no special module. For example, it is absent on older TV devices that were released more than 5 years ago. Naturally, without a cable, a laptop cannot be connected to such a TV. How to be? We’ll have to use additional devices.
For example, an adapter can help expand the capabilities of your TV. It is usually plugged into the HDMI port. What SIMilar gadgets can we recommend? It:
- Google Chromecast;
- Android Mini PC;
- Compute Stick;
- Miracast adapter.
All of the above adapters will allow you to establish a wireless connection and transfer images from your laptop to your TV.
http://f1comp.ru/televizory-smart-tv/kak-vyvesti-izobrazhenie-s-noutbuka-smartfona-ili-plansheta-na-televizor-po-wi-fi-televizor-kak-besprovodnoj-monitor-intel- widi-i-miracast /