In the dialog box
I did not like the degree of communication in correspondence?
You can unsubscribe from a conversation right in the chat window with a specific person:
- Swipe from left to right.
- In the section that opens, click on “Block contact“.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on three dots.
- In the window we are looking for the “Information” parameter.
- Choose “Block contact“.
You can ban an enemy directly from the dialog box with him:
- Open the chat, click on “Settings” (gear located in the upper right corner of the display).
- Scroll down the menu that opens to the item “Block this contact”.
- We confirm our intentions by clicking “Ok”.
After the message from an unrecorded or hidden number, you will also see two offers. “Accept” and “Block”. Would you like to continue the conversation? Choosing the second option.
Will the person know about the blocking
No, the person will not know about being sent to the “Black List”. He will not receive notifications, do not worry. He will be able to open a chat with you and even write, you just won’t see his message. When the subscriber tries to call you, he will hear either a busy signal or long beeps.
The final top blocking method is entering out through the blacklist:
- Launch the Viber program menu (three stripes at the bottom of the screen).
- Select “Settings”, go to the “Privacy” section.
- It will contain a folder “Blocked contacts / numbers” (depending on the version of the program, in the updated. the second option), click on it.
- You will see the option “Block number” or a plus sign. We select them.
- After this manipulation, you will see a list of contacts. From them you need to choose the person who is waiting for the block.
- We click on the contact, we confirm the intention.
By the way, in this way you can block several people at once, just select two or three names from the list and click “Ok”.
Strangers are added to the program from time to time. These can be promotional offers, bored anonymous, unwanted and unfamiliar people.
If the user who sent you messages is not in contacts, smart Viber itself will offer to refuse the dialogue with him. At the top of the chat you will see options: “Add contact” or “Block” him. Click on the second item if there is no desire to communicate. After that, the person will automatically be banned, the correspondence with him will disappear, new SMS will not reach.
Activation and deactivation is free of charge. The daily fee for its use is 1 RUB / day. There are two ways to activate:
- SMS with the word YES sent to toll-free 5130.
- USSD request 130 #. call key.
After this initial connection, you can add to the list of subscribers. This is done like this:
- Request 130 #. and then follow the instructions (you will need to enter contact information to block).
- SMS to 5130 with text (space) (unwanted subscriber’s phone number starting from 7). To remove from the emergency, replace with
Has the following usage restrictions:
- The maximum number of applications in emergency situations. 100.
- SMS, MMS cannot be blocked.
- If your balance is zero or negative, incoming calls will arrive.
- Correct functioning is not guaranteed abroad, with foreign numbers.
Although the service is cheaper than that of MTS, its capabilities are already.
How to lock on iPhone?
How to add a number to the blacklist for owners of devices with an operating processor on iOS? To do this, use the following algorithm:
Step.1 Add the subscriber to be blocked to the phone book on your iPhone. After that, go to Settings → Phone. There, select Call blocking and identification, tap it.
Step.2 A short menu will open with only one item. Block. Tap this item. A list of your saved contacts will open, in which you can specify the one that should be added to the emergency. To do this, touch it.
Quick blocking directly from the list is also possible. To do this, go from the software to make a call that you want to add to the emergency, tap on it. The contact details will open, scroll down the page and find the Block Caller button.
Tap on the blocking action. The device will ask you to confirm the action in a pop-up window. click on the red item, confirming your actions.
Blocking via contact list
How to add a number to the blacklist on Android? Below is the blocking algorithm using the standard settings of devices on an Android processor.
- Open the dialer application Phone on your smartphone and use the keys to enter the data of the selected locked phone that you want to lock. Add it to the notebook sheet of your smartphone, and now open this list.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, find an icon in the form of three dots located in a vertical line. Tap it, and in the drop-down menu, select the Settings section. tap it.
- A list of settings for contacts will open. Find and go to Call blocking.
- Confirm lock.
Otherwise, you should act when you want to block only one phone of a specific subscriber.
- Using the service for calls, enter the number and add it to your list of contacts. Now open the phone book application, find the unwanted mobile number of the subscriber and click on it. the basic information page will open.
- In the upper right corner, an icon with the image of a vertical mowing line of three dots will appear. tap it.
- Touching it will open you a list of available actions that you can perform with the recording card. This list contains the action Block. select it.
- The system will ask you to confirm your actions. give confirmation by clicking on the Block button in the pop-up window.
The described techniques work on newer versions of Android. On older versions, the adding process is slightly different.
Block using operator services
You can also get rid of unwanted calls from a specific phone using the services of a telephone operator.
The disadvantage of this simple feature is that some operators provide it for a fee.
The discussed operator offers several types of blocking lists and blocking options.
- Add the subscriber to the list of prohibited ones by dialing USSD-request 442 #. In the next step, you will need to enter the number of the subscriber who is harassing you, which you need to block.
- Or send an SMS-message with the text 22 (the number of the blocked phone in 11-digit format without spaces) to 4424.
At your choice, the subscriber will hear short beeps (Busy) or notification of unavailability. The use of this feature limits not only incoming calls, but also SMS messages (the sender will not see the delivery information). The use of the service has some limitations:
- Works only on tariffs with activated SMS PRO service. It is free, to connect it send SMS ON to 232.
- Does not work on Klassny, Connect, Online, MTS iPad tariffs.
- Can’t block incoming MMS.
- The maximum number of subscribers in the blocked list is 300.
- The cost of providing access is 1.5 rubles / day, connection and disconnection is free. The daily fee begins to be debited from the day when you entered the first subscriber into the emergency.
All control for this regional operator is carried out using USSD requests:
- Connect 2201 #.
- Disable 2200 #.
- Add 2201 to the list of prohibited calls (number in international format starting from 7) #.
- Remove from ChS 2200 (number) #.
- If the message comes from a spammer, whose data is indicated in Latin letters (alpha-number), then you can enter it into the emergency situation using an SMS message to free 220 with text 1 (the subscriber’s name as it was determined).
- Remove alpha-numberic from ChS. SMS to 220 with the text 0 (name).
How to Block a Number on iPhone
Connects on all tariffs, except for Modem. Switching on and off is free, the subscription fee is 1.1 rubles / day. The cost of adding to the list. 1.6 rubles / entering.
The blocked user hears a message about the subscriber’s unavailability when calling you.
Adding to the Blacklist
Adding this list is possible only on outdated Android firmware versions. The process is similar to blocking an individual contact on modern versions. To add to the emergency, follow the algorithm:
- Add the phone number you want to block to your mobile phone contact list and then open it. You should see basic information.
- Click on the menu button. In older versions of the software, the button is located either in the center at the bottom of the screen, or in the upper right corner.
- In the drop-down list of available actions, select add to emergency.
Depending on your platform firmware and which call blocking method you have chosen, there are two options:
- When you call you, a person will hear “Subscriber unavailable”, or one beep and a message about unavailability, or short beeps (the notification option also depends on your mobile operator).
- Long beeps will sound during the call. That is, the call will go to you, but you will not receive a notification about it (accordingly, you will not be able to answer it, because the excluded subscriber will hear long beeps).
Using third-party programs allows you to slightly expand the options listed above.
How to block using standard Android features?
The Android mobile platform assumes two ways to carry out such manipulation. using the service for creating a prohibited list or using actions available for recording.
Blocking a subscriber in Viber
You can avoid unwanted communication by blocking a person in Viber. The procedure depends on the type of device (phone or computer) and whether the person is on the contact list. The easiest way is to block a contact in Viber if he is unfamiliar and has not received messages from him before.
How to block a contact in Viber if it is not on the list?
- Click on the number again, and you will be taken to a window where you can carry out the previous points described above.
Attention! After blocking a subscriber, you will not be able to receive messages, stickers, or video-audio calls from him.
A reasonable question arises, how to unblock a contact in Viber on iPhone
- You must follow all the same steps, only instead of the Block item, you will have the Unblock item
iPhone. How to Block a Number from Calling or Texting
- By clicking on which, you also need to click on Save in the upper right corner.
We block the subscriber on the phone
The easiest way is to block an unfamiliar contact with whom you have not yet corresponded on your phone. Such situations include unwanted calls from new numbers, spam and promotional commercial messages.
If the number is not in the list of acquaintances, but messages have already been sent to him, pay attention to the blocking instructions below.
Banning a new subscriber is easy. Upon receiving the first message, Viber will ask himself what to do with the number: block, save or delete. If you choose to block, the person will be included in the blocked list, and all messages will disappear.
It takes a little more steps to block a familiar contact in Viber.
How to block a user in Viber on iPhone:
If you are using an iPhone, you need to follow a couple of steps
- Go to the bottom of the screen, to the Contacts tab
- Enter the username in the search bar as it is saved in your notebook
- After you have found the desired object, click on it, in the upper right corner, opposite the name, click on the pencil icon
- You will get to the window about the user, where at the very bottom there is an item Block contact
- To confirm the action, you must commit the changes by clicking in the same right corner Save.
Important! If the subscriber’s number is not in the address book, i.e. not saved, under any name, then the lock can be made by another method.
If a user needs to call a subscriber who is on the blacklist, the anti-identifier function can be activated. This option is activated by the telecom operator on a paid basis.
Some users are interested in how to block a contact on iPhone 6 using additional software. Many applications have been developed that offer owners more options than Apple’s integrated tools. The BlackList program is very popular because it allows you to quickly and easily create blacklists of subscribers.
This software has a 10-day free trial. Using the application, you can view the history of blocked messages and calls, create several profiles with different settings, set a password to start the program and activate the parental control function.
This function is integrated into the iOS operating system, so you can immediately block a contact on the iPhone. The list of unwanted contacts is saved when backing up using iTunes or iCloud. Such operations can be performed absolutely free.
Previously, iPhone users had to install paid applications in order to add a certain number to the blacklist. This need disappeared only with the release of iOS 7. This software allows you to do without downloading additional programs. There are several ways to block a contact on iPhone, which are equally simple.
Blocking messages and FaceTime
The user can not only block a contact on the iPhone, but also disable receiving messages from a specific number. To do this, just go to the desired branch of the messages section and tap on the “Details” tab. The dropped list should be scrolled down to the “Data” section and click on the “Block subscriber” button.
The owner of the device can filter incoming information from numbers that are not in the contact list. When trying to block a contact on iPhone 5s, 6, 6S, and 7, you need to follow the instructions carefully. To do this, you will need to set restrictions on incoming messages. They will be saved in a separate section from unknown senders. In addition, users can block FaceTime calls. It is enough to find the corresponding item and the subscriber’s mobile phone number in the settings.
Where to see blocked contacts?
Often people add certain numbers to the blacklist and forget about it. In order to see the blocked contacts, you can open the “Settings” section and tap on the item “Phone”. The system will open a block called “Calls”, where you need to select the “Blocked” subsection. Here is a list of unwanted numbers.
The list can be supplemented with other contacts via the “Add new” button. If the user wants to remove a certain subscriber from the black list, just click on the “Edit” item. Then you can deduce the number from the unwanted number and click on the “Unblock” button.
Method 3 (via settings)
Step-by-step instructions on how to add to the emergency situation through the settings:
- Open WhatsApp app on smartphone.
- Tap on the three dots located in the upper right corner.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Find “Account”.
- Tap “Privacy”.
- Scroll to the end and go to “Blocked”.
- Click on the button located in the upper right corner.
- Select the required subscriber.
In the same section, you can view the list of blocked numbers and unblock them by clicking on the number, and then on “Unblock”.
On iPhone, the interface may be different, but the procedure will remain the same.
Method 1 (via chat)
Step-by-step instructions on how to block a person (add to the blacklist) via chat:
- Launch the WhatsApp application on the phone.
- Go to a chat with a person with whom you do not want to communicate.
- Click on the three dots at the top right of the screen.
- Tap “Block”.
- Choose a suitable option. If you additionally mark the message as spam, a complaint will be sent to the administration in Vatsap. If someone else complained about this user, then he will be limited access to the functions of the messenger.
If everything worked out, the “Unblock” button will appear.
On iPhone, the interface may be different, but the procedure will be the same.
How to block a contact in WhatsApp messenger
Communication in messengers is not always pleasant. You have to receive messages and calls from people you don’t want to talk to. But there is a solution to this problem outlined in this article. In particular, it describes how to add a certain person to the emergency situation in Votsap. Ways are offered for Android and iOS users. It also clarifies what the consequences of such actions will be.
The interlocutor will not receive a blocking notification. But he can pay attention to such signs:
- He is still allowed to send messages, but they will not reach the subscriber. There will be one check mark under the message, not two.
- He will not see the last time the interlocutor was online.
- Audio and video calls will become unavailable.
Method 2 (via contact list)
Step-by-step instructions on how to block a person in WhatsApp (add to an emergency) through the contact list:
- Launch the WhatsApp application on your phone.
- Tap on the green icon located at the bottom right.
- Click on the three dots on the right at the top of the screen.
- Find “Contacts”, select the desired subscriber.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner or on the button “Details”, “Details”, etc. The button name will differ depending on the phone model.
- Select “Block contact“.
- Confirm this if necessary.
On iPhone, the interface may be different, but the steps are the same.
Now the user knows how to block a contact on WhatsApp. You should use any convenient option from the above.
What applications can be used to create an emergency
Additionally, users are given the opportunity to use applications through which blocked databases are created. Such utilities have advanced functionality compared to the standard option that is provided in iOS. Popular types of software include:
- Black List Call. This is a simple utility that is provided to users for free. It allows you to block those cellular that are unwanted by the user. The functionality practically does not differ from the built-in program. But here the client can add any number, even if it is not in the directory.
- BlackList: Caller ID Blocker. Another utility with a simple interface. It allows you to identify the caller ID. Additionally, it can block an incoming call. You can activate two functions at once at the same time.
- Call Control. If the user does not know who the SMS and incoming messages are from, he can still add contacts to the emergency.
- Call Blocker: Block Call Spam. There is an intelligent lock here. Also, the software has access to the iPhone directory and can work with it.
- The disadvantage of the program is the long registration in the service. Usually, software is required to authorize via or provide your personal data. Additionally, the program sells premium versions with advanced functionality.
- Numbo Call Blocker Caller ID. The utility provides a standard set of functions. Immediately after registration in the system, the application recommends performing a paid subscription.
- It is not recommended to indicate your personal data in utilities, such as Name and Patronymic, as well as date of birth.
How to block in Facetime and is it possible to block messages
As already mentioned, immediately after entering the mobile into the emergency database, the user will not receive not only incoming calls, but also text SMS. This means that you can block messages. Now it’s worth dwelling in more detail on how to add a number to an emergency via Facetime. The operation is performed according to the following scheme:
- the Facetime application is launched on the smartphone;
- as soon as the launch is completed, a list will be displayed on the screen;
- next to the subscriber’s phone is the “i” button;
- you need to click on this icon.
As soon as the owner clicks on the icon, a list of actions will open for him. There you should select the item “Block subscriber”.
How to add a phone number to the database using the “Messages” section
When the latest iPhone firmware was presented to customers, manufacturers added the ability to block cell via the Messages section. If the user needs to transfer one of the numbers to an emergency, he can use the following instruction:
- the smartphone must be unlocked;
- then the user should find the section with SMS on the screen;
- after entering this item, you need to find a correspondence with the subscriber of interest;
- if the user often sends spam, you should find the “i” icon in the corner, it is located on the display on the right;
- now you need to select the mobile from which unwanted SMS are received again;
- scrolling down the page, you can see the item “Block subscriber”.
As soon as the owner of the gadget clicks on this item, the number will be transferred to the blocked list. This means that messages and calls will no longer arrive.
Advantages of using the “Black List” program
This option has undeniable advantages. For example, a user can get rid of text SMS containing ads and spam. Also, if the client often receives calls from one number, offering certain services, you can simply block the phone. After that, incoming messages will cease. Another plus of the program is its free provision. The owner of the gadget just needs to configure the option without paying for its daily use.
Where are the emergency phone numbers
The user has learned in detail how to block a phone number on the iPhone, now he should figure out where to see information about the blacklist. This option is located in the gadget settings section. To find it, you need to perform a number of such actions:
- the iPhone owner goes to the settings section;
- there you should select the item “Phone” from the list;
- then the client from the list selects a subsection with the name “Blocking and identification of calls”.
- As soon as the entry into the sub-item is completed, the full base will be displayed on the screen. All subscribers who are included in it will be registered in it. Here the customer can unblock the number. You can also additionally add a phone to the emergency.
Can a client perform phone lock on iOS
On the iPhone operating system, it is possible to add numbers to the blacklist through the “Settings”. This functionality was added to the smartphone after the release of version 7 of iOS. The user can block unnecessary mobile phones not only through the settings section, but also in the “Contacts” and “Messages” items. It is worth telling in more detail how to perform such a procedure on your own.
How to block a phone number on an iPhone
Sometimes, unwanted calls and text SMS are received on the user’s cell phone. If the owner of the gadget wants to get rid of such incoming, he can use emergency situations. This service allows you to add phones to a database that blocks incoming calls from a specific cell phone. It is worth telling in more detail about how to block a contact on an iPhone.