What you need to know before connecting
Before the connection procedure, it is recommended to consider the following aspects:
Is the Wi-Fi adapter built into the TV? Samsung has models that don’t have a built-in adapter, so you have to use the USB port to connect to Wi-Fi. You need to choose an adapter for connecting a Samsung TV to the Internet according to a specific model.
How to set up Smart TV on Samsung TV over Wi-Fi?
Samsung TVs are in great demand. over, the Smart TV function makes it possible to use television more widely. But not all users independently configure this function on their device. With this article, you will be able to set up Smart TV on Samsung TV over Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi connection steps
The TV automatically connects to the Internet the first time it is connected to the network after purchase. If the device is not connected to a cable connection, the system will search for available Wi-Fi on its own. Reconnect Samsung as follows:
By clicking on the “Network” button, you go to the parameters, where you need to select the “Network Settings” button. All actions are performed using the remote control by pressing “Settings”.
After the TV is connected to Wi-Fi, you need to make additional settings, namely, through the menu, find the “Support” option, and press the “Smart Hub” button. This will open access to the content ready for viewing.
What to do if the TV does not connect to the Wi-Fi router
If all the actions are completed and the password that ensures the security of the connection is entered correctly, but there is no connection to the network, then you need to repeat all the connection steps and make changes.
The reason may be hidden in the failure of the DHCP server, which provides access to the home Internet. In this case, you can re-configure your Samsung Smart TV to wi-fi using the panel on the router. In this case, the DHCP server is disabled, and all the necessary data is entered manually.
Checking the connection
If all the settings are done correctly, the TV will start working via Wi-Fi remotely. The device connects to the Internet through a browser built into the TV with the Smart TV function. To make sure that the connection is correct, you can test the device.
Testing is carried out as follows:
- The TV is connected to the power supply and all channels are turned on one by one. If as a result there are channels with poor picture or sound reproduction, the changes are made immediately. Modern devices have built-in programs, which allows you to make precise settings.
- At the next stage, the TV browser is connected to the Internet.
- After that, all installed applications are tested.
Setting up Smart TV on Samsung TV via Wi-Fi
The first thing to do after purchasing your TV is to install it in its permanent location. After that, you need to choose in what way the connection to the Internet will occur. There are such ways to connect to the network:
- connecting with a cable through a router;
- wireless connection via Wi-Fi using the adapter built into the Samsung TV;
- using a Wi-Fi router that connects to the TV via the USB port.
Connecting to Wi-Fi without DHCP
Manual configuration of Samsung Smart TV WI-FI is carried out with the introduction of data corresponding to the router’s gateway address, for example, 192.168.1.1. During the settings, the following is entered:
- IP address.
- Subnet number.
- Gateway address.
- DNS server data.
After carrying out such manipulations, the connection to the Internet is established and the TV will be able to quickly access the network of its provider.
WiFi TV Demonstration
After that, problems with the DHCP session should be eliminated, it is necessary for the high-quality functioning of the rest of the gadgets that are in the house and are connected to the Internet. To do this, indicate the IP address of each device, including the TV in the adapter by MAC address.
Thanks to such actions, there will be no conflict situation in the operation of gadgets and all devices will work flawlessly from the same router.
How does a TV with WI-FI work
Today, Internet access has become an urgent need for almost everyone. Therefore, it is supported not only by computers and tablets, but also by TVs. TVs with Wi-Fi are especially widespread, as they allow you to connect to the World Wide Web without wires.
How does a TV with WI-FI work
A TV with Wi-Fi allows you to go online without using a cable connection. Such models are called SmartTVs. Featured recently, but quickly became popular.
Previously, Internet access was only possible with wires. This requires a cable that connects from the modem to the device. A reliable way, but very inconvenient and unaesthetic.
The Wi-Fi function makes life much easier and more mobile, so now people prefer just such TV models, despite their high cost. How do they work?
TVs with Wi-Fi function are equipped with a special module that provides Internet surfing. The Wi-Fi module in the TV receiver is implemented in different ways. Device options can be as follows:
- Built-in module. In this case, after switching on, the device will search for a network and catch it itself, if it is available. Then he will offer to enter a username and password and the Internet will be connected.
- USB connector for connecting to the adapter. In this case, the TV itself does not pick up the Internet signal until you connect a Wi-Fi adapter to it.
- Dedicated connector for cable or LAN adapter.
IMPORTANT! For models with USB output, it is recommended to buy adapters of the same brand. The device may not support other manufacturers. Then it becomes difficult to install the drivers.
What gives an Internet connection via WI-FI:
- access to certain sites for watching videos, weather, listening to music;
- if the TV is still equipped with a microphone and a video camera, you can communicate via Viber or Skype;
- no need to copy video to a separate medium, and then connect it to a large screen. movies are launched online.
Thus, when buying SmartTV, the user receives not only a TV receiver for watching TV channels, but also a multifunctional device for quickly searching and watching videos, communicating on social networks.
Connecting a TV receiver to WI-FI
To use the Wi-Fi function on the TV, you need a home network. It usually becomes available through a router. An access point is installed on it and all devices connected to Wi-Fi can access the Internet.
You need to connect a TV to the same router. How to do this is described in detail in the instructions that come with the device. If not, do not despair. The connection technology is extremely simple:
- Turn on TV.
- Go to “Settings” and there select “Network”.
- Find “Network Settings” and click the “Start” button. The device will start searching for available connections by itself.
- From the list of networks found, select your router, and click “Connect”.
- Enter your login and password to access the network.
ATTENTION! The titles of individual chapters may differ for different TV models. However, the very principle of connection is the same everywhere.
After connecting to Wi-Fi, you can visit various sites, social networks, watch online videos and listen to music.
Smart TV is controlled via the remote control. You can also connect your smartphone to your TV and control it. This is done through a special application that has more extensive functionality than a regular remote control.
REFERENCE! Smartphone control is possible when both devices (phone and TV) support the Direct Wi-Fi function.
TV control applications are downloaded free of charge from the Play Market. There are quite a few of them, so choose yourself based on personal preference. The most common program is Smart TV Remote.
Pros and cons of Wi-Fi on TV
The wireless internet function has both positive and negative sides. Read them before buying to see if it is worth spending a hefty sum.
The wireless internet connection greatly expands the functionality of the TV. Unlike cable connection, you can freely rearrange without fear of tangling in the wires.
When connected to the TV, a joystick becomes an excellent source of video games, and when connected to a webcam, you can communicate with friends and family through video programs on the big screen.
Among the disadvantages of Wi-Fi on TV are:
- higher cost of such models in comparison with conventional ones;
- unlike a cable connection, the speed with a wireless connection is noticeably reduced, therefore, to fully use the function, high-speed Internet is required;
- additional equipment may be required. router or adapter.
Summing up, we note that the presence of Wi-Fi on the TV gives the user a full experience of all the possibilities of Internet surfing. Therefore, if financial capabilities allow, the Internet is configured at home and there is a router, it is advisable to purchase such models.
Which channel to choose for 5 GHz?
There are 17 working channels available in the 5 GHz band. We recommend choosing a channel with a lower number in the range from 36 to 64 (the lower the frequency, the better the signal penetration). May 20, 2020.
How to find out if your TV has Smart TV?
Usually, on the box the inscription “Smart TV” flaunts. You can find a button on the remote control to bring up the Smart TV menu. You can also pay attention to the boot screen when you turn on the TV.
How Smart TV works over Wi-Fi?
The principle of operation of the TV via Wi-Fi is that the router sends out a signal, and a special built-in module receives it. Using Wi-Fi on TV is extremely easy. Sometimes it is difficult to activate Wi-Fi on the TV. This procedure directly depends on the brand of technology.
How to find out if your LG TV has Wi-Fi?
Information about whether the LG TV supports Wi-Fi can be found by looking at the model’s specifications on the manufacturer’s or seller’s website, in the instructions or in the settings menu of the device itself (if the model supports Wi-Fi connection, there will be a corresponding section on its setup in the menu).
Is it possible to connect my phone to a TV without Smart TV?
If you have an Android smartphone and Smart TV, just connect via Miracast. If your TV is a normal TV, buy a Miracast adapter, Google Chromecast box, or a compatible HDMI cable. Fallback options. USB cable, DLNA, or Wi-Fi Direct.
Which phones support WI-FI 5 GHz?
TOP best smartphones with 5 GHz Wi-Fi support
- Best smartphones with 5 GHz Wi-Fi
- Samsung Galaxy A50.
- Apple iPhone XR.
- Xiaomi Mi8 Lite 4 / 64GB.
- Samsung Galaxy S9.
- Honor 8X 4 / 64GB.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro 4 / 64GB.
- HUAWEI P Smart (2019) 3 / 32GB.
How to connect to Wi-Fi on LG TV?
- Go to LG TV Settings.
- Select “Advanced settings” → “Network” → “Connect to a Wi-Fi network”.
- Select your home network in the list of Wi-Fi networks.
- Enter your password and connect to the Internet.
What is built-in Wi-Fi in TV?
Thanks to this, the developers decided to combine these technologies, allowing you to connect the TV to the network to perform certain tasks on the Internet. So, the answer to the question of what is a TV with WI-FI is a TV that allows you to access the Internet, and for this you do not need a cable connection.
Types of TVs with Internet
There are 4 main categories of TVs with Internet access:
This is a device equipped with two tuners. Approximate
- monitor size. 40 inches;
- backlight. Direct LED;
- resolution. 19201080;
- viewing angle. 176 0.
- a large number of functions;
- high-quality picture and sound;
- affordable cost.
The only drawbacks are that if you turn on a high volume, the speakers begin to rattle.
How to choose?
There are many TVs on the market that can access the Internet. To purchase a quality model, it is recommended to pay attention to some selection criteria.
So, here are 8 parameters that are important when buying:
- WI-FI connection. The first thing to do is to make sure the device is capable of going online. Experts also advise to find out if the device is equipped with a built-in module or if you have to buy an external adapter.
- Screen size. The smallest TV has a size of 14 inches, the largest is 105. When choosing a receiver for this parameter, it should be borne in mind that the distance from the recreation area to the monitor should be at least three screen diagonals. The floor space and budget are also taken into account. For the kitchen, devices with a small diagonal are usually purchased. For rooms, devices with a diagonal of 32 to 55 inches are considered the most optimal.
- Backlight type. Users are most likely to choose Edge LED backlit fixtures. The advantage of this option is a good viewing angle, the disadvantage is poor color shading. Experts recommend choosing devices with Direct LED backlighting type. It is distinguished by a large number of shades and better color contrast. The next generation TVs are equipped with QLED and OLED backlighting. The only drawback of these devices is their high cost.
- Resolution. The larger it is, the better the image will be. Most TVs have a resolution of 19201080 and 38402160 pixels. If the receiver is purchased in order to access the Internet, then it is recommended to purchase a device with the second resolution option. To watch analog TV, 19201080 pixels are enough.
- Sound quality. The higher it is, the more comfortable viewing will be.
- Response time. This is the time it takes for the crystal to reorient the position in one pixel. This affects the quality of the video, namely, the change in the picture at a high display speed.
- Update frequency. It is recommended to select receivers with a high frequency. However, this indicator also affects the cost. Budget receivers have a refresh rate of 100 Hz. For TVs with an average price. 200-400 Hz. Highest refresh rates for high-end models. In this case, the indicator reaches 1000 Hz.
- Connectors. The more, the better. A large number of connectors will allow you to connect a microphone, headphones and other similar devices to the device.
This is a budget TV that provides Internet access. The device is equipped with an LED screen and has the following functions:
- screen size. 24 inches;
- backlight. Direct LED, which indicates good image quality and saturation of the picture tones;
- resolution. 1366768;
- power. 6 W;
- built-in memory. 8 GB;
- operating system. Android.
- acceptable cost;
- light weight;
- good image quality.
- WI-FI-module does not differ in power;
- small screen;
- not too good sound.
Such Smart-TV can be purchased for about 9000 rubles.
This is a small TV, which is most often purchased in the kitchen. The device has a stylish design that will harmoniously fit into any room interior. The device is equipped with a Vesa mount. This allows the receiver to be fixed to the wall using the bracket. Approximate
- screen size. 19 inches;
- resolution. 1366768;
- backlight. Edge LED.
- good sound;
- high-quality image;
- affordable cost.
- slow speed of loading programs when switching;
- poor viewing angle.
Types of TVs with Internet
So, TVs that have the ability to connect to the Internet do not necessarily have a built-in module. They can be divided into three main categories:
- built-in Wi-Fi. Everything is very simple here: the child can do it too. A TV with Wi-Fi will catch the network by itself, you only need to enter your username and password once;
- USB adapter support. In this case, the device itself does not pick up the wireless signal, and you need to connect an assistant to it. a Wi-Fi adapter;
- special socket. Some TVs provide just a connector that allows you to connect the “blue screen” to the Internet using a cable or LAN adapter.
How to use?
To use the TV with WI-FI for its intended purpose, you need a router. The device is connected to a router. In this case, it is not necessary to use wires. You can make a wireless connection. After connecting to WI-FI, the device is used to receive television channels and to access the network.
If you do not have a router, you can connect to a wireless network using a device with a built-in WI-FI adapter. Most often they use a laptop for this.
Usually the TV detects the network on its own. However, this only applies to new generation receivers. Some devices need manual adjustments.
Instructions for connecting the TV to the Internet are available in video format:
A TV with Smart TV function is connected to the WI-FI network as follows:
- the plug of the device is inserted into an outlet;
- enter the menu and go to the “Network” sub-item;
- click on the inscription “Connection settings”, then. on the “Start” button.
After such manipulation, WI-FI itself finds all available networks. From the options offered, the user chooses his router.
After that, the following actions are performed:
- press on the inscription “Connect”;
- enter the login and password from the network in the corresponding windows.
After that, you can access the Internet from the TV.
If you want to connect your TV via wire, here’s a diagram:
Having found the network created by our own router, we establish a connection with it and enter the password. The router will automatically issue an IP address. Next, a setting is carried out that is different for each television receiver.
The best Smart TVs are equipped with a WPS option. The process is much easier and faster if the router supports this technology.
The following video will tell you in detail about how to connect TV to the Internet:
TVs with Wi-Fi: how it works, what it is for, how to use it
Modern TVs are very different from those that were a dozen or more years ago. Any of them has Wi-Fi, which saves users from connecting TV to a computer, cable, or using a flash drive with movies. Consider how a TV with Wi-Fi works, how much this function is in demand and whether it is worth overpaying for it.
Best Smart TV
The list is not limited to brands, it also includes devices from little-known manufacturers.
How to choose a TV? See tips based on personal experience:
A 49-inch curved device with a mid-range UHD resolution. PurColour technology provides accurate color reproduction and realism of the picture, innovative Edge LED algorithms are responsible for the clarity and brightness of the image. Auto Depth Enhancer creates a depth effect in the image. Supports control of voice commands and using a smartphone.
- the use of the latest proprietary algorithms to ensure a high-quality picture;
- curved screen;
- web browser;
- all modern interfaces;
- powerful software shell.
One of the most expensive and high-quality TVs with 4K resolution and updated webOS 4th version. Supports gesture and voice control. The built-in Internet browser allows you to work on social networks, read articles and news. Assembled from the best components.
Nano Cell technology makes the image even more realistic, and Full Array Dimming Pro. sharper. Dolby Atmos simulates spatial sound by taking into account the movement of audio objects, and the combination of Dolby Vision and Atmos puts the user at the epicenter of the action, watching a movie or playing.
- equipped with artificial intelligence;
- built-in browser;
- support of many innovative technologies;
- the latest software;
- high build quality and price.
How to choose
Smart TV expands the capabilities of the TV, partially replacing the computer in the field of entertainment, which attracts users. How to choose a smart TV, which of the proposed models will satisfy your needs? We have compiled a rating of the best Smart TVs of 2018 from various brands, running different operating systems.
When choosing a device, pay attention to the following parameters:
- Wi-Fi support is the first thing that Smart TV is associated with, the presence of a WLAN module is a prerequisite for buying a TV receiver if you have wireless Internet;
- operating system:
- Tizen is the easiest to learn, has a good selection of video applications and preinstalled programs;
- WebOS. improved Tizen with support for multitasking and many open windows, used in devices from LG;
- Android TV. installs on most TVs, supports Chromecast and Google Play apps, has many settings.
An inexpensive device with a good software filling and many functions, which makes it difficult to master. The integrated player plays almost all video files without additional software. Channels are switched very quickly. As a display for console games, it has proven itself to be the best, even in dynamic scenes.
- good value for money;
- subscription to online cinemas;
- complex menu;
- quick response to control commands;
- high performance.
How Smart TV works
What is Smart TV on TV? The essence of the technology lies in the fact that a mini computer and a WI-FI adapter are built into the “smart” TV. In addition to a TV tuner, you get a computer that is capable of processing streaming video from the Internet and also allows you to visit social networks. In addition, if you have a webcam and microphone, you can make video calls in Skype and similar applications.
It should be noted that there are two types of Smart TV with WI-FI:
- With built-in adapter.
- With external wireless module. Smart TV set-top box.
The first option is TVs with a built-in WI-FI adapter. The second is devices that only support Smart TV technology. However, it does not have a wireless module. It needs to be purchased separately and inserted into the USB port.
It should be noted that in order to avoid problems during operation, it is better to buy a TV with a built-in adapter.
How to use Smart TV
So how to use a TV with a WI-FI adapter? First, remember that to connect TV to the Internet via WI-FI, we need a home network. As a rule, it is organized using a wireless router that is accessible to everyone. It acts as an access point, while if you connect it to the cable Internet, then all devices connected to Wi-Fi will have access to the global network.
If you do not have a router and the ability to purchase one, then you can create a home network using a laptop. But, in any case, to access the Internet, it must be connected to the global network.
Let’s imagine the network is configured. Now you need to connect Smart TV to it. How to connect your TV to Wi-Fi is described in detail in the instructions included in the kit. But, if it is not there, then do not rush to get upset. Wi-Fi technology is easy to use. To connect your TV, just turn it on. Enter the settings menu and go to the “Network” section. Next, go to network settings and click the “Start” button. This will start searching for available connections.
Further, a TV with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter will give you a list of available networks, from which you must select your router and click “Connect”. Enter the security password if required. As you can see, everything is extremely simple. Of course, the names of some sections may differ slightly due to different functionality and TV models, however, the essence and principle of connection is always the same.
Introduction to Smart TV and Internet Ready TVs | Crutchfield Video
It is worth noting that on a TV with a Wi-Fi adapter, you can visit various sites, social networks, watch streaming videos, and so on. However, you still cannot make full use of network resources as on a computer. over, for the Smart TV to work properly, you need high-speed Internet.
To do this, you just need to install a special application and connect your smartphone to the TV via a local network or directly, if both devices support the Direct WI-FI function. You can find TV control applications and install them for free on the Play Market. There are a lot of them and they all have various additional functions. One of these programs is Smart TV Remote.
Wi-Fi technology in next-generation TVs
We live in a time when there is a TV in every home. Also, almost every modern family has the Internet and a WI-FI router. Thanks to this, the developers decided to combine these technologies, allowing you to connect the TV to the network to perform certain tasks on the Internet. So, the answer to the question of what is a TV with WI-FI is a TV that allows you to access the Internet, and for this you do not need a cable connection.
As a rule, such models are called Smart TV. This function immediately became widespread, since the Internet today is an integral part of people’s everyday life. And now, thanks to the combination of TV with the Internet, people have received a new range of opportunities that allow them to quickly solve their problems. In addition, do not forget that TV is primarily a means of spending leisure time. And by connecting it to the global network, we get even more services and entertainment opportunities.
So, what is a TV with a WI-FI adapter, we have disassembled. But, there are a lot of varieties of such TVs with Wi-Fi, and in order to know how to make the right choice in a given situation, you should understand how the technology works and how to use such TV.
Is Wi-Fi harmful??
I have over 10 years of experience in the IT field. I am engaged in design and adjustment of commissioning works. I also have extensive experience in building networks, system administration and working with access control systems and video surveillance.
I work as a specialist in the Techno-Master company.