How and what to clean your HD TV screen
How to clean the screen of a modern TV from dust and all kinds of strange specks? A regular window cleaner? In no case!
Most widescreen plasma, LCD, or OLED TV screens have a special coating that can deteriorate when exposed to household detergents. But you have to clean it. over, this procedure is mandatory for all HDTVs. Therefore, manufacturers themselves offer the most optimal ways to clean the surface of their TV screens.
How and what to clean your HD TV screen. LG
… Recommends that you only wipe the screen with a piece of dry cloth. In this case, it is necessary to turn off the power of the TV. not just press a button, but pull the plug from the outlet. Choose a soft cloth and wipe the screen carefully so as not to scratch. Do not spray water or other liquids directly on the screen surface due to the risk of electric shock. Do not use chemical cleaners that contain alcohol, any solvents or gasoline.
How and what to clean your HD TV screen. Panasonic
… Warns that a special coating is applied to the front of the panel. Wipe the screen with a cleaning cloth or soft, lint-free cloth. If the surface of the TV screen is very dirty, then you must first remove the dust (with a napkin or a piece of soft cloth), and then wipe it off using a damp soft cloth moistened with a mild soap solution (one part of mild liquid soap with 100 parts of clean water). In the process, the cloth must be rinsed and squeezed well, and at the very end, the screen must be wiped dry with a cloth of the same type. Do not touch the panel with your nails or hard objects (ring, bracelet, etc.). Also, in no case should volatile substances. insecticides, solvents and thinners. get on the HD TV screen. Otherwise, it may adversely affect the quality of its surface.
How and what to clean your HD TV screen. Samsung
reminds you to take care not to accidentally scratch your HDTV screen while cleaning it. To do this, you need to make sure that you wipe the panel without excessive pressing and use either the special cloth supplied, or a sufficiently soft cloth that does not contain hard fibers. Do not spray water on the screen: any liquid that gets on the surface of the panel may damage it or cause a fire or electric shock. Wipe off the dirty HDTV screen with a soft cloth dampened with a little water. Do not use flammable liquids (e.g. gasoline, thinners, etc.) or cleaning agents.
How and what to clean your HD TV screen. Sony
… Advises you to wipe your TV’s LCD screens only with a soft cloth, being careful. Stubborn dirt can be removed with a cloth or cloth dampened in a mild soapy solution. Read the instructions carefully before using the special wet cleaning wipes. Do not spray water or cleaning agents directly onto the HD TV screen. Moisture can accumulate under the bottom edge of the panel or get inside the cabinet and cause serious damage to the TV.
How and what to clean your HD TV screen. Toshiba
… Cautions against using any hard objects or fabrics when cleaning the screen that could damage the surface of the panel. It is recommended to wipe the screen with a dry, clean and soft cloth (cotton, flannel, etc.). Do not allow substances containing alcohol, solvents, gasoline, acid or alkali, or substances containing abrasives to fall on the screen.
For example, instructions often fail to mention that the soft plastic surface of LCD panels is different from glass screens on plasma TVs. Therefore, if you rub the stain on the “plasma” with some effort, the glass will withstand, but the LCD screen can be easily damaged with the same effort. Cleaning products
Why, say, the familiar to all “Mister Muscle” is not suitable for glasses? Common cleaning products typically contain ammonia and ammonia, which are not the friendliest chemicals. Manufacturers of household chemicals do not directly say that their products cannot be used to clean the screens of modern TVs, but specifically for such purposes they produce various wipes and cleaning products such as Color Way or Opti Clean. Nevertheless, buying even a specialized screen cleaner, it is better to look at the label once again and make sure that it does not contain alcohols and ammonia.
A simple query in a search engine allows you to quickly find several thousand offers of various kinds of cleaning agents for HDTV. Almost all of them are 99% water plus 1% something else, but they clean the screens. We will not figure out which of the means is better. those that are more expensive, or those that are cheaper. Let’s just say that if you are used to using some brand of wipes to care for a laptop screen or a PC monitor and you are satisfied with their effectiveness, then they can also be used to clean the TV screen, but, again, make sure that they do not contain alcohols and ammonia. If there are no such napkins at hand, then a microfiber cloth moistened with soapy water will also work.
To give your TV monitor a shine, you can do the cleaning procedure twice:
- Wipe the screen with a damp cloth to clean up dirt.
- Wipe the surface with a second similar napkin, but first letting it dry. This method will avoid the appearance of streaks on the screen.
How to clean an LCD TV screen: instructions
Despite the fact that the process of cleaning LCD screens is quite simple and does not require any special skills, there are several recommendations to take into account:
- Before starting cleaning, the TV should be disconnected from the mains, this is a safety rule. In addition, all dirt is better visible on the off screen.
- Do not exert any physical impact on the surface of the screen, that is, rub spots, scratch the screen with nails or hard objects, this may cause cracks. All movements should be smooth and soft, as a rule, LCD screens can be easily cleaned and without the use of force.
- Even special detergents cannot be sprayed directly onto the screen, for this you should use a napkin.
- You cannot turn on the TV back to the network immediately after cleaning, it is better to wait 30 minutes for the screen to dry.
A video instruction on how to properly clean the TV from dirt will help you do the job according to all the rules and 100%:
These wipes can not only wipe dust, but also remove grease stains, fingerprints and streaks. The microfiber fabric effectively absorbs moisture, so you can simply dampen such a cloth with water and try to clean more difficult stains, in addition, microfiber is 100% scratch resistant.
Choosing wipes to clean your LCD TV screen
The peculiarity of LCD TVs lies in the fact that such a screen consists of several layers, for which exposure to detergents with aggressive components can result in scratches and other consequences that lead to a decrease in image quality. For this reason, you should know what is the best way to wipe the LCD TV screen to clean the dirt and keep the LCD screen 100% functional.
This cleaning agent is used to eliminate dust from the surface. Such wipes cannot cope with more stubborn dirt.
Special cleaning agents
Gels, foams and aerosols that contain a special composition fall into this category. Usually, these tools have an icon indicating the suitability of the tool for use on LCD screens.
These products should only be used in combination with a lint-free napkin and cotton pads. Other cloth rags will not work as they can leave scratches or lint, not to mention that they do not absorb moisture well and may leave detergent particles on the screen.
What and how to wipe the LCD TV screen?
Over time, even new technology, including an LCD TV, gets dirty: a layer of dust, fingerprints. all this can affect the image quality if not properly maintained. LCD TVs are very sensitive to external influences, so when purchasing such equipment, you need to be ready to choose the right means.
How to wash your TV screen at home
Dirt appears on the TV during use. To avoid compromising image quality, you should regularly clean your monitor. It is worth knowing how to wash the TV screen so as not to damage it.
Which fabric to choose
Not every material is suitable for a TV display. Monitors are made of thin materials that can be easily damaged. The following fabrics are suitable for cleaning LCD screens:
- special wet wipes for cleaning monitors (this does not apply to cosmetic and baby wipes);
- dried ordinary wet wipes;
- antistatic kits (solution and cloth included);
- soft, lint-free fabrics;
- microfiber cloths (clean well and do not damage equipment);
- special sets for washing LCD monitors (consisting of a cloth, brush and aerosol).
How to clean your TV screen
A common cloth and water can be used to wipe dust off the monitor. To wipe more serious stains from the plasma, you will have to resort to the help of special cleaning agents. They come in different forms.
- pneumatic cleaners (Colorway 3333);
- sprays (Colorway 1032, Data Flash 1620);
- aerosols (Patron F3-029);
- wipes soaked in a special compound or alcohol (Patron F4-001, Colorway 1071, Colorway 6108).
Anti-static gel for monitor
Depending on the type of contamination and ease of use, you can purchase the product that is most suitable.
Important! The TV must be unplugged when cleaning the monitor.
If for some reason the option of buying a special composition is not suitable, then you can resort to home options. The advantage of this method is that the necessary funds will be found in the kitchen of any housewife, and if something is not there, then they are cheap.
When making home cleaners, the proportions must be strictly observed. If this is not done, then at best there will be no result, and at worst you can ruin the TV.
The most popular tools at hand are laundry soap, vinegar, and isopropyl alcohol.
A solution based on laundry soap is best used for greasy stains. To make the solution, dissolve a small bar of soap in a little warm distilled water. Only specks are treated with the liquid, then the screen is wiped with a damp cloth.
Important! If you add too much soap, streaks will appear that are difficult to clean.
Use 3% vinegar to remove dust, smudges and fingerprints. Mix it with water in a 1: 1 ratio. Wipe the screen with a cloth soaked in liquid. Afterwards, remove the residues with a dry cloth.
Isopropyl alcohol dissolves greasy marks and dried dirt well. Mix alcohol and water in a 1: 1 ratio. Wet a cloth and wipe the Smart TV screen with it. Wipe the monitor dry.
Microfiber does not leave streaks
What cannot be used
Some home and professional remedies can damage the screen. Before you start cleaning, you need to understand what is best not to use. To clean the monitor, it is prohibited to use:
- toilet paper and paper towels;
- abrasive cleaners;
- household detergents with alcohol in the composition;
- dishwashing sponges;
- cosmetic wet wipes.
These things can scratch the surface of the monitor and leave streaks.
For cleaning the monitor, it is better to use products that are specially designed for this. To keep the screen less dirty, it is advisable to regularly wipe it with a soft microfiber cloth.
How to take good care of TV
The purpose of cleaning is to remove dust from the surface so that it does not accumulate and form blackheads. Under the influence of electromagnetic waves, dirt microparticles can “absorb” into the matrix and harm it. It is recommended to wipe the surface 2-3 times a week.
General rules for cleaning LCD TVs
Regular dust removal is a guarantee of long-term operation of the equipment. At the same time, you need to clean the LED TV correctly. The sequence of work is as follows:
- Turn off the equipment through the button on the side, bottom panel or remote control.
- Pull the plug out of the socket to completely de-energize the TV.
- Apply alcohol-free product to a napkin. Wait until the liquid is absorbed into the material.
- Wipe the screen in small circular motions without pressing.
- Reusable cloths should be checked for foreign abrasive particles prior to use. For example, if sand or other dirt adheres to the surface, you cannot use a napkin.
- For daily dust removal, a soft bristled broom is sufficient.
- Professional products should be used no more than 1 time a week.
Important. For expensive TV is not worth experimenting with homemade cleaning recipes. Any damage to the matrix will lead to its failure and repair or purchase of a new TV.
Screen contamination reasons
Home operating conditions for household appliances are far from ideal. Even the largest cleaners still have a small amount of dust in the air. When sweeping or vacuuming, micro-particles of dirt rise upward. And they settle on household appliances. This is the first reason for the appearance of dark spots on the LCD screen.
Other reasons for the appearance of dark spots or other contaminants include:
- Fingerprints, palm prints from even minor touches. Most often in a house with children, who find it difficult to explain that they should not indulge in digital technology.
- Splashes from trying to wipe the monitor with a heavily damp cloth or from accidentally spilling liquid on the surface.
Even if no one touched the TV, and no liquid got on it, it is worth knowing how to clean the TV screen at home. With proper care, the service life of the equipment is significantly increased.
TOP 7 professional LED TV care products
You can clean the LCD TV screen at home using professional tools. These are sprays without alcohol or abrasive microparticles. Manufacturers, when developing, took into account the features of LED displays, so they are safe for TV, subject to the rules for spraying compounds.
- Colorway 3333 is compressed air in cans. The jet comes out under pressure through a special tube. The tool can be used to blow out hard-to-reach places in TV.
- Patron F3-029. Special foam, which is applied first to the napkin, then to the screen.
- Colorway 1032 anti-static monitor spray. Formula removes surface contamination and protects against dust adhesion.
- Data Flash 1620 spray liquid for delicate surfaces. Gently cares for liquid crystal technology.
- Patron F4-001 for heavily soiled monitors. These are napkins made of crepe paper, which is not impregnated with alcohol, but removes dirt from the surface with high quality.
- Colorway 1071 heavy stain cleaning wipes.
- Colorway 6108. silicone-based microfiber wipes. The technology is based on fine weaving of fibers for the most delicate care.
The entire line of the listed products is suitable not only for cleaning TVs, but also for processing smartphones, laptops, computer monitors.
Features of LCD monitors
LCD or LED displays have panels and cells that contain special liquid substances with optical properties. Their molecules, under the influence of electromagnetic radiation, change orientation, which affects the polarization of the light beam.
Liquid seals are located between two glass panels. On the inside of the TV there are light-emitting lamps and color filters. When the device is turned on, the matrix receives a signal from the reader (decoder) and distributes the position of light, crystals, color filters. As a result, a person sees a clear picture with high brightness and contrast.
The main characteristics of the LCD screen include:
- Monitor format. The old aspect ratio is 4: 3. The modern versions work in the HD 16: 9 standard.
- Resolution affecting the clarity and detail of the image. Optimal to choose models with Full HD.
- Diagonal. The optimal figure is 20-22 inches.
- Contrast and brightness affect the final color rendering.
- Response time is the minimum amount of time required for a pixel to change brightness. In simple words, the speed of displaying a picture.
It is also necessary to take into account the type of matrix, the number and types of connectors, the presence of additional functions.
All LCD TVs are very sensitive to moisture, dust and temperature extremes. Therefore, care requires careful, careful handling of the display.
Specificity of using special napkins
Open the pack of napkins. Take out one and wipe the surface. Wait 1-2 minutes. And wipe another one with a napkin. In this case, the electrical device must be turned off. You can turn on the technique 5-10 minutes after processing.
Handle dust, but not heavy dirt. They will not erase stains.
Open the package, take out a napkin. Wipe the display gently. Do not press on the surface. Try to move with minimal amplitude.
A universal option for household appliances. Helps remove smudges and fingerprints. Can be slightly moistened with water, but wait until it is absorbed into the material.
Unpack the packaging. Wipe the display with a tissue. Do not press hard. Wait until it is completely dry and turn on the technique.
How not to clean
The handling of the LCD monitor does not depend on the brand and year of manufacture of the TV. Before analyzing what you can use to wipe the TV screen, remember what you can not do.
- Do not carry out any manipulation with the included equipment. LCD monitor matrix is very fragile, minor power surges will easily damage it.
- After cleaning the surface, you cannot turn on the TV immediately. It is necessary to wait until it dries completely so as not to spoil the matrix.
- Alcohol-containing products and cleaning products are prohibited. After using them, white streaks or spots will appear.
- Household wet wipes should not be used on monitors. They include components that harm liquid crystals.
- Automotive cosmetics are designed for cars. They are not used for delicate cleaning of the TV surface. Also, detergents and window cleaning options are not suitable.
- The newspaper is the enemy of any modern TV. It not only does not cleanse from dirt, but also creates microcracks, which gradually destroy the integrity of the protective glass.
- Direct spraying of detergents onto the screen. streaking and staining. Spray fibers instantly penetrate the structure and spoil the matrix.
- Baking soda is good for removing greasy stains from stoves and utensils. But it is prohibited for such a delicate surface as plasma panels, LCD TV.
- Try to wipe off dirt with a knife or other sharp object. Of course, this is the fastest way to remove large areas of dirt. But it leads to mechanical damage to the protective layer.
Important! The appearance of streaks on the monitor is the result of using wet wipes. Such a defect not only spoils the perception and clarity of the picture, but is also very difficult to remove from the surface.
Want to extend the life of your digital home? Use approved methods for cleaning the LED screen.
Choice of fabric
The best material to clean your LCD TV screen is a soft cotton cloth. They will easily remove dust and will not harm the device. It is also allowed to use microfiber, cotton material.
When choosing a cleaning method, it is important to remember that LED monitors are very sensitive to the effects of any aggressive environment. Therefore, the best cleaning materials are:
Important! Before wiping the LCD TV screen with a cloth moistened with a special agent, you must wait until the material has absorbed moisture. Only when the liquid is evenly distributed over the material can you start cleaning.
How to clean an LCD TV screen correctly?
First, just before cleaning you need to make sure that the TV is turned off. It is better to unplug the plug. We take the selected cloth (lint-free, remember), apply the agent directly to it (without alcohol, of course) and begin to wipe the screen in a circular motion. Do not press too hard, as this can lead to breakage. If you are not using a disposable cloth, be sure to check for sand or other particles that may scratch the LCD screen.
If you just need to remove dust, then just wipe the TV with a cloth or napkins. If you need to remove heavy dirt, you can use the soap method described above, or use a liquid or special wet wipes.
What to clean the LCD TV screen with? Advice
Many people are familiar with the problem of greasy spots on the LCD TV screen. She is especially present in families with small children. After all, very often kids run to the screen, seeing their favorite characters, and poke at it with their finger, showing you something and explaining.
At the same time, hands can be in anything. from jam to plasticine. It is then that there is a need to urgently remove these traces. Did you know that improper cleaning of an LCD TV will inevitably lead to its breakdown? Now we will tell you how to wipe the LCD TV screen so as not to harm it.
Prohibited methods and means
To begin with, let’s define the most important thing: what shouldn’t be used under any circumstances. We will also tell you when you can not clean the TV:
In no case should you wipe the screen when the device is turned on. Since the matrix is very fragile. Also, do not rush to turn on the TV immediately after cleaning. Wait until the screen is completely dry.
Do not use products containing alcohol. The matrix in the TV is very fragile, it is covered with a plastic coating that will turn white from alcohol, and in the worst case, it will fail. Wondering what to clean your LCD TV screen? Read the composition of the funds to choose the right one.
Do not wipe the screen with wet sanitary napkins. They are not formulated to care for LCD TVs. They will definitely leave streaks that will not be so easy to get rid of.
Do not use any products for cars! Taking care of your LCD TV screen is more gentle.
Do not use any household cleaning products. Neither products for washing windows, washing dishes, nor washing powder are suitable.
Forget about grandma’s way of wiping glass with newspaper. When cleaning LCD TVs, this is strictly prohibited. Fibers can remain on the screen or get inside, which guarantees equipment breakdown.
With heavy dirt, there is another way to remove greasy stains. For this, table vinegar comes in handy. It must be added in a one-to-one ratio to distilled water. Soak a microfiber cloth with this solution and wash the surface. Again, you cannot spray liquid directly onto the screen.!
The TV frame is easier to clean and can be cleaned with the same product as the screen. For hard-to-reach places, you can use cotton swabs.
How to clean an LCD TV screen?
Now you know what to clean your LCD TV screen with. We hope our tips have helped you. Take care of your equipment and let it serve you for a long time!
What do we need?
How to remove stains
Various stains often appear on the LCD TV display and cannot be removed with conventional methods. But the problem is quite solvable. Specialized dry wipes without alcohol and lint will come to the rescue.
Use foam to remove stubborn stains. In this case, the cleaning agent must be applied first to the napkin and then to the monitor. Be sure to wipe it off with a dry cloth after handling. Among the popular recipes, a vinegar solution can be distinguished. Dampen a cotton rag in it, squeeze well and wipe the TV.
How to clean a TV screen at home. available methods
If your TV screen becomes too dirty, do not wipe it down with a damp cloth. this may break it. To clean your monitor without damaging it, you need to follow a few rules. LCD devices are very sensitive to any impact, so it is important to know what to clean your TV screen.
Microfiber and spray are recommended for these models. Even a heavily soiled display can be cleaned with their help. The main advantage of this method is that the aerosol does not contain alcohol, and after its application, a protective layer forms on the screen.
For these TVs, use microfiber and spray
Another option is a lint-free cloth. Foam can be applied to it, which will easily deal with any dirt.
What not to use for cleaning
If you want to clean the LCD screen, remember that you cannot use aggressive liquids for this. acetone, ammonia, gasoline, dyes, solvents.
Do not use powders or baking soda, they can damage your monitor
- Alcohol and all preparations based on it. they are able to dissolve a thin anti-reflective coating, as a result of which cracks appear.
- Washing powder and baking soda. they scratch the fragile display surface.
- Products intended for windows, glass and dishes. they contain acetone, which has a negative effect on the screen.
- Paper napkins and towels. they contain rough particles that damage the monitor.
- Wet wipes. they leave streaks.
Features of care for different types of screens
Many people believe that you can clean the screen by any means, regardless of its type. This is one of the most common mistakes. Some displays are made of glass, others are composed of many crystals. Therefore, each option has its own recommendations for care.
You can use both folk and ready-made compositions, which are best applied with a fleece cloth, flannel, and a cotton rag. These materials are ideal for removing dirt from TV screens.