Methods for solving error 3194
This method consists in setting the hosts file to its original values. To do this, you need to use a utility created by Microsoft called Microsoft (c) Fix it 50267. However, it does not work on Windows 8 and Windows 10 systems.
Users of these systems will have to use the “manual” method. To do this, do the following:
- Run Notepad with Administrator Mode.
- Then click “File”. “Open”.
- In the window that opens, select show “All files”.
- Go to My Computer / S / Windows / system32 / drivers / etc /. The hosts will be there. We open it.
All lines in this file must be written with the # symbol. If you notice a line called 220.127.116.11 gs.Apple.com, get rid of it. After the steps taken, save the document and reboot the system.
Always try to stick to the most recent version of iTunes. Updates are aimed at improving your use of the utilities that are being updated. So there is no point in sitting on old software. If you upgrade, then error 3194 will most likely leave you.
How to fix error 3194 when restoring firmware in iTunes?
Usually, error 3194 in iTunes indicates that the user tried to update the device to iOS 7 or tried to flash the iPad, iPhone, etc.
Error text: “Failed to update iPhone” iPhone “. An unknown error has occurred (3194) “
Let’s list the possible causes of error 3194 appearing in iTunes or iPhone devices when restoring firmware:
- There was a blocking of access to the update option through the hosts file, which in turn is part of the OS.
- Have you tried flashing the device with an old firmware version.
- An outdated version of the iTunes utility is applied.
Use the TinyUmbrella utility. She will replace your addresses with hers. This can be done inside the “Advanced” tab. It is necessary to uncheck “Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit”.
How to fix error 3194 when updating or restoring iPhone
Error 3194 always happens when you update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version. over, it also happens during iPhone or iPad recovery.
A pop-up message will appear stating that the iPhone could not be restored, an unknown error occurred (3194), It seems that you can do nothing but click OK to accept iTunes error 3194.
This article introduces the causes and solutions of error 3194. Thus, you can avoid this iTunes error 3194 and know how to fix error 3194 successfully.
To get started, you need to check your internet connection and iTunes version first. Make sure your Wi-Fi network is working properly and you’ve updated iTunes to the latest version. These are the two main reasons that cause all sorts of problems with iTunes and iPhone. If these two methods don’t work, then you can skip to the next paragraphs to find out about iPhone error 3194.
Why iTunes error 3194 occurs and how to troubleshoot error 3194
First of all, you need to understand the meaning of error 3194 first. If you see error 3194, it means iTunes cannot contact Apple’s software update server. Well, it can also explain error 17, error 1639, error 3000-3020, error 3100-3999, and this device is not eligible for the requested build messages.
Causes Cause Error 3194
There are two reasons why iTunes error 3194 occurs while updating or restoring iPhone. The first reason. jailbreak iPhone or iPad. When you use the jailbreak utility to change your iOS device, the jailbreak tweak changed the host file. Then you will be blocked by Apple server due to server IP change.
In some situations with error 3194, an unbound connection between the iOS device and the host server can also cause iTunes error 3194. After that, you can go to the next section to fix error 3194 in iTunes.
How to fix iTunes Error 3194
Based on the above error 3194, you can try below methods to fix error 3194 from iTunes while updating or restoring iPhone.
remotely reboot your iOS device
If you’re still getting error 3194, you need to reset your iPhone or iPad using iCloud remotely. As a result, it will completely erase all your iOS data. So, you need to perform recovery from iTunes or iCloud backup to get your erased iOS data back. The only thing you need to make sure is that you have already turned on Find My iPhone before.
Open the iCloud website and sign in to your iCloud account. Then select the “Find iPhone” icon at the bottom. You can see the names of the Find My iPhone card in iCloud. Select your iOS device from the All Devices down arrow.
Tap Erase iPhone and confirm to restore iPhone to factory settings. After a few minutes, set up your iOS device and restore from a previous backup as new.
If you want to factory reset iPhone via iTunes and the above solutions don’t work, then you can try restarting iPhone without using iTunes here.
Fixing unknown error 3194 in iTunes when restoring iPhone
Owners of “apple” devices. iPhone (3gs, 4S, 5S) and iPad may be familiar with the unknown error 3194, which appears when updating iOS. It can also appear in iTunes when you try to restore the iPhone firmware. Despite the fact that this problem, in principle, is not critical and is solved quite simply, it can fray the nerves of an inexperienced user thoroughly. Why might error 3194 occur? The point is that iTunes cannot connect to the Apple update server and request the SHSH hash. The reason for this may be both an outdated version of iTunes, and a modified system hosts file, in which the address of the official Apple server was replaced with the Apple caching server.
There are several ways to solve the problem. If for some reason you do not want to change anything in the settings of your computer, no question. Just install the latest iTunes on your friends or family’s computer and update your iPhone’s firmware. If you want to eliminate the unknown error 3194 directly on your PC, then you need to do the following:
Remove iTunes, download the new version from here and install.
It is worth noting that most often this is where the problem is eliminated. If the iTunes update did not help, go to method 2.
Editing the hosts file. Close iTunes and launch notepad with administrator rights:
In the “File” menu, select the “Open” item and go to the C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc \ folder. The hosts file lies there.
Note: If you do not have Windows, but Mac OS X, then you need to select the “Go to folder” item in the Finder in the “Go” menu and go to the / etc directory. There, using TextEdit, open the hosts file.
We find the line: “18.104.22.168 gs.Apple.com” and delete it. We save and close the file. Launch iTunes again and try to update your iPhone or iPad. If you are restoring device firmware, you will need to put your iPhone into DFU mode. This is done by pressing the lock button for 3 seconds, then, while holding it, press the main button and hold both buttons for 10 seconds, after which we release only the lock button, and continue to hold the main button. The result should be like this:
In this case, iTunes should also display a window with a message that the connected device is in DFU mode. Click the “Restore iPhone” button:
Try to restore the firmware again.
If all else fails…. In this case, check if iTunes is blocked in the firewall or antivirus you are using, otherwise you will not be able to access the server until you remove it from the blocked ones. The second point. after the elimination of the unknown error 3194, new ones may appear. 14, 21, 1015, 1600, 4013, etc. In this case, you need to try to install the latest firmware from the Apple website.
Fixing unknown error 3194 in iTunes when restoring iPhone: 19 Комментарии и мнения владельцев
The information is helpful, thank you. It is also interesting that in the search engine this site is higher than the site “you-know-who”, which also has a similar infa)
“22.214.171.124 gs.Apple.com” this line is missing
iTunes updated, deleted, reinstalled, checked hosts, still gives an error. tried on different computers. nothing helps
In the “File” menu, select the “Open” item and go to the C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc \ folder. The hosts file lies there.
And should. Perhaps you have it hidden and therefore not displayed.
Thank you so much! The first tip helped! It turns out it was necessary to update iTunes
Hello. I had a jailbreak installed on my iPad, I decided to erase everything from the iPad that could not be done, now my iPad is rebooting all the time and the apple is on fire. So I decided to try to restore through dfu and got out error 3194. Now I’ve updated iTunes, and I’m downloading the update. question. when jailbreak will it work ?
updated iTunes but the downloaded iOS disappeared what to do?
Maybe you just need to download it again.
Hello, I did everything as you wrote, it still gives an error what to do?
Hello, I want to upgrade to iOS 8.4, I don’t know if this is possible or not? I do not want to use iOS 9. iPad is jailbroken
For those who do not have the Hosts file. Think a little. Sometimes, at least. Notepad automatically searches for.txt files, and hosts, if you have not touched anything before, “lies” as a regular file that is not displayed if you search for.txt. At the bottom right, when searching, change c.txt to All and everything will “lie”.
Hello. I had a jailbreak installed on my iPad, I decided to erase everything from the iPad that I could not do, now my iPad is rebooting all the time and the apple is on fire. So I decided to try to restore through dfu and got out error 3194. Now I updated iTunes, and I’m downloading the update. question. Will it work with a jailbreak? ——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— The same story, only with the iPhone 4, there was a jailbreak, dropped the content and settings. made a custom firmware through sn0wbreeze, through iTunes I upload, error 3194, in etc. host everything is clean, no Apple, even initially there was no.
Hello, can you help with iPhone error 3503
Error 3194 when restoring iPhone or updating iOS. What to do?
Error 3194 often occurs because iTunes cannot connect to the update server. This error may appear when trying to update iOS, as well as when restoring an iPhone or iPad.
When restoring an iPhone or iPad, iTunes must download the firmware file (IPSW) from Apple’s server. The second step sends an iTunes request to the Apple update server to sign the firmware file (IPSW) with an ECID certificate. Well, then, if no problems arose, the recovery process starts. However, if at the stage of sending the firmware for signing to the Apple server, no response comes from it, then error 3194 occurs.
Error 3194 can be caused by software errors (the update process does not start or an error is generated at the very beginning of the update). If the error appears already at the final stage (more than half of the process status bar is filled in), then the problem is most likely a hardware problem, and you should not try to fix it yourself. Better to contact the service center.
If software errors are to blame (Apple stopped signing old firmware, the host system file was modified to use Cydia’s caching servers), then you can try to fix error 3194 yourself.
If your device does not have the most recent version of iTunes, you should update it using the Apple official website. Then you can try updating or restoring your iPhone or iPad again. The likelihood that everything will work out is not very high, but it’s worth a try.
If even after updating iTunes to the latest version, you cannot download the update or restore your mobile device, you need to proceed to the next steps.
First, you need to restore the contents of the default host file. If your computer is running Windows, then it is better to refer to the remediation algorithm recommended by Microsoft.
To fix the host file on Mac OS, you need to do the following:
- Open the Terminal program.
- Enter the command sudo nano / private / etc / hosts.
- Enter the password (not necessarily empty) that is used to log in to the computer. When you enter it in the Terminal program, the password will not be displayed.
- The “Terminal” program will display the hosts file.
- At the beginning of the gs.Apple.com entry, add the # symbol and a space (#).
- Save file (Control-O). After prompting for a name, press Control-X. Next. close the program.
- After all these steps, you must restart your computer.
How to Fix iTunes Error 3194 in Windows 10/8/7 [Tutorial]
Then you can try again to update iOS or restore your mobile devices.
If fixing the host file did not help, then you can try disabling the security software for the time of updating or restoring. it can also cause error 3194.
Also, the problem may lie in filtering TCP / IP addresses in the router settings. Therefore, during the update, it is worth disconnecting the modem or router, and connecting to the network directly via a wired connection.
Software and hardware reasons
Software crashes can be solved even by novice iPhone users. The most common problems are:
- the version of iTunes on your computer is outdated and needs updating;
- the hosts system file redirects the requests of the official program, replacing the address;
- the security system (antivirus) crashed in the PC.
If the message “Failed to restore iPhone. Error 3194 “, the source of the failure is hidden in the actions of the PC user himself. For example, if he tried to change the operating system of the phone to an older version. Old iOS firmware does not always work well with new, modern devices.
If iTunes does not “see” the smartphone, then the reason is hardware failures. These include technical damage to the modem and power outages.
Checking the hosts file
The question arises: how are entries containing “gs.Apple.com” added to the hosts file without user intervention??
If you have run the TinyUmbrella utility at least once, which allows you to download digital signatures (SHSH hash) of the iPhone and iPad for the current iOS from the Apple server, the program makes changes to the hosts automatically, without your knowledge. All subsequent requests from iTunes after the modification of the file are not sent to the Apple update server, and therefore no responses are sent.
First of all, check the contents of the hosts file if it contains a line or lines of the form: “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx gs.Apple.com” before this line (s) add the ignore symbol “#”, or completely remove it / them. For this:
On Windows, follow the Microsoft support guidelines:
Start “Computer” and follow the path:
Mac computers running OS X (Apple solution):
- In the Finder, choose Applications. Utilities “.
- Start “Terminal”.
- Enter the command:
After completing the above steps, try to restore again, this method helps to fix the error in 70% of cases.
What to do if all else fails?
Well, now for the bad news. if all the above measures did not help to fix the error, most likely you are faced with a hardware problem. There are three potential culprits here. an iOS device, a computer or a modem. To exclude the last two suspects. connect the i-gadget to another PC that works through a different modem. If the problem is still there, it is definitely “apple” that is to blame, otherwise. the modem or PC.
How to fix iTunes Error 3194 on Windows 10/8/7 (Tutorial | 2021)
In the first situation, we go to the Apple repair center, in the second, we continue diagnostics, now we use our PC, but a different modem. if the 3194 does not appear in such a “bundle”, then the modem is broken, but if the bug persists, then its reason. a computer.
One way or another, if you find that the nature of the error is hardware in nature and have determined who is to blame, we recommend contacting the appropriate service center. Amateur performance in most cases will only hurt.
TCP / IP address filtering, firewall or security software
Method four. If your computer is configured with TCP / IP address filtering, firewall, or security software, follow these steps.
- Disable antivirus software. It is possible that antiviruses interfere with contacting Apple servers for some reason. In such a situation, you need to disable all protection against unwanted software that are available on the computer, including the “native” Windows tools;
- Establish a direct connection to the Internet bypassing the router. Some routers block iTunes access to the update server. If you are using a non-Apple router try the following.
- Disconnect your computer from your wired or wireless router.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer directly to the modem.
- Restart your computer and modem. Get instructions on using your modem from your ISP.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet by going to www.Apple.com.
- Cancel TCP / IP filtering. This is done in the settings of the router connected to the iPhone. The correct solution would be to remove the router from the mowing line of the Internet entering the computer. Simply put, you need to connect an Ethernet cable directly to a PC or laptop through which the gadget is updated.
Error 194 when restoring iPhone 5s
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1.4.75 [2 Votes] Details Category: iPhone OS major bugs Created: 31.03.2018 19:03 MobileOC.ru 5480
I decided to analyze, perhaps, the most popular iPhone error 3194. This error can appear both due to a software failure or a hardware malfunction. In this article, we will analyze different options for solving error 3194.
To understand error 3194, you need to consider how the iPhone is updated.
The update algorithm includes the following steps:
How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Recovery Mode & Error 3194 iPhone Restore Fix
- By pressing the corresponding buttons in iTunes, a connection is made to the Apple server and a message is sent with a request to flash a gadget connected to a PC or laptop.
- After receiving feedback, an IPSW file with firmware is downloaded to the computer, which must be unzipped.
- After that, the gadget switches to recovery mode and re-sends a request to Apple to sign the received and unpacked file with the ECID certificate.
- Next, the most important thing begins. the iPhone recovery procedure, and the display shows the dynamics of everything that happens.
By carefully monitoring the iPhone update process, the user should notice exactly when the error 3194 occurred, and, based on this information, take steps to eliminate it. So, if the error got out at the very beginning, when trying to download files and the Apple logo appears on the display, its causes lie in the program’s malfunctions. The error is caused by a hardware problem if it appears when the update is nearing completion and has already been 70-90% complete.
- You tried to install an older version of the iOS operating system, such as iOS 6 or lower, on your Apple iPhone. This version of the operating system, without JailBreak, cannot be installed. Apple has stopped signing older versions of iOS (now only 7). If you are still eager to install an old version of iOS on your iPhone device, then you will have to do JailBreak, i.e. “Break”, open the file system of your device, this procedure is not safe and can turn your brand new iPhone or iPad into a useless brick
- The computer does not have an up-to-date version of iTunes.
- Modified Hosts file on your computer. This file is used to control Internet access for various programs. For example, by writing special lines in this file, you can deny access to any program to the Internet. In this case, as a result of your or not your actions in the Hosts file, entries that block iTunes access to the Internet appeared, thus, when installing or updating the iOS iPhone, error 3194 crashes.
- Filtering TCP / IP addresses, firewall or security software (antivirus)
- Antivirus programs. The appearance of error 3194 due to certain actions of antivirus programs is not excluded. In this case, you must turn off the operation of all anti-virus and anti-spyware programs, including those provided by Windows.
Problems with the device’s modem or its power can lead to error 3194.
Checking the Internet
The first thing to do is to check for an Internet connection. iTunes actively uses the network in the course of its work, therefore, we continue to try other options, only after checking the availability of any site. If there is no connection, we restart the router and try again or check with our provider, and therefore there is no access to the World Wide Web.
Despite the fact that each error requires a different approach, Apple Support, first of all, in the event of a bug with any serial number, recommends taking the following “preventive” measures common to all problems:
- Reset your computer and iOS device
- Update iTunes
- Update the software on your computer. if you own a Mac, open the App Store on it and click on “Updates”, if you are a Windows PC user. click on the “Start” menu, then “Programs” / “Windows Update”.
- Connect the iOS device directly to the system unit if it was connected to a USB hub, keyboard, etc.
- Disable antivirus software and / or firewall
It is worth noting that the conflict between software and iTunes, which leads to the inability to contact Apple servers (which is absolutely necessary for updating and / or restoring) is the most common reason
the appearance of error 3194. That is why it is very important to timely update and correctly configure third-party programs installed on your PC.
To a greater extent, this applies to all sorts of security utilities that can, for some reason, refer iTunes to suspicious programs and, when it tries to contact Apple’s servers, block it. That is why it is so important to follow the last recommendation. “Disable antivirus and / or firewall”, if iTunes stops giving an error with deactivated security programs, then you just need to adjust their settings by adding “tuna” to the list of trusted utilities.
TCP / IP address filtering, firewall or security software
It often happens that the antivirus protection software you are using prevents you from updating or restoring data from your device. Then try deactivating antiviruses and firewalls. Deactivating Windows Firewall can also help. How to do it:
- in the “Start” menu, select “Windows Settings”;
- click on the line “Windows Security”;
- go to the section “Firewall and network security”;
- click on the active network and switch the position.
Now it’s worth trying to reflash the device again.
Everything is standard here. download the file, unpack it, set up contact with the phone. Check the functionality of the socket through which contact is established with the iPhone during reboot. Also, make sure the integrity of the working files.
Recovering or updating from another computer
If you suspect that malicious PC files or its inaccurate operation are preventing you from reinstalling the system, try using another computer or laptop as a base. If there is no such thing in quick access, you can contact a specialized center. Now they are in almost every city.
If you have any questions or complaints. please let us know
Checking the hosts file
For iTunes error 3194 to be resolved promptly, you need to clean the host file before flashing. It can be done like this:
- put the phone into DFU state;
- iReb choose iPhone (model number);
- waiting for a message to appear about the possibility of sewing without closing iReb;
- then hold down ShiftRestore;
- choose a custom firmware and clean the host file.
We repeat the reboot attempt after logging out of the account.
For a more correct understanding of why the error occurs and its fixes, consider the rollback process itself.
- User downloads iTunes firmware from a dedicated Apple server.
- Unpacks IPSW archive data.
- The device is put into Recovery Mode.
- Checking iPhone update from Apple.
- A request is sent to the update site.
- The recovery stage begins.
Lag occurs after the fifth point, when permission is not received from the server in response to the request for signing the firmware. The reason for this can be hardware or software. To clearly define the ways to fix the bug, you need to understand what caused the failure.
- software. the error is knocked out before the company logo and status bar appear on the screen;
- hardware. error 3194 occurs during the firmware process.
Speaking of the program item, the following circumstances may be to blame for the error:
- an outdated version of iTunes is installed on your PC;
- hosts incorrectly paves the way.
The old version of the firmware will not allow you to perform all the manipulations. Make sure the OS version is up to date before performing restore and reset on iPhone.