Hold down two keys: “Power on” and “Volume up”. Hold the buttons until the logo of the manufacturer or Android appears on the screen. a small green man, and the smartphone itself starts vibrating. Release the combination and go to a dialog box prompting you to choose one of the most satisfactory options.
Xiaomi and Meizu
To reset the settings on these devices, the use of two keys is also provided: “Power on” and “Volume up”. Release the first button as soon as the manufacturer’s logo appears.
Volume Down and Power buttons. Here you need to be careful: after the manufacturer’s logo is displayed on the screen, release both buttons for exactly 1 second, and then hold them down again and hold until the system prompts you to enter Recovery mode.
The manufacturer decided to provide a rather original solution to the problem. The device must be connected to the power supply and wait for the green indicator to light up. Find the hole with the recessed “Reset” key, and carefully press it with a special paper clip. Wait for the moment when the display lights up, and press the “Power” button several times in a row. After releasing it, go to the volume control carriage and also press it several times from the side of increasing the sound.
What are factory settings and why reset them on Android?
The internal memory of Android is divided into separate segments, each of which performs a specific set of tasks. For example, one part is responsible for system files, the other is responsible for storing and processing data, the third is for temporary files, logs, etc. A factory reset is the removal of user data and programs, while the system registries remain intact. Technically speaking, this process involves formatting specific memory segments. At the same time, it is important to understand that in case of a failure in the operating system or after an unsuccessful flashing, restoring the normal operation of the smartphone, a rollback to the factory state will not help.
On the switched off device, still hold down two keys. “Power” and “Volume Down”. When the menu appears, release the buttons and select the “Clear storage” option. Confirm the operation by pressing the “Volume UP” and “Power” keys.
Factory reset phone via computer
Very often, owners notice a deterioration in the performance of Android, but they begin to take action only when problems reach critical proportions, and the device itself stops responding to touches and commands. In any case, it is advisable to perform a reset using a computer. This formatting option is considered more complex and is intended for more advanced users.
The process can take a while, but most of it goes into installing the ADB utility. After the archive with the application is downloaded to the PC, you need to unpack it and make sure that the adb executable file is present in the “platform tools” folder. If the required file is missing, you will need to go to the “Android-sdk-Windows” folder and launch the “SDK Manager”. Find “Android SDK Tools” and “Android SDK Platform-tools” among the contents, and then download them to your computer.
After installing the “Android Debug Bridge”, you can proceed directly to clearing all data on the mobile device. The step-by-step instruction assumes the following sequence of actions:
- On a PC, run the command line using the cmd command;
- On your smartphone, go to the “For Developers” section and activate the “Debugging via USB” option;
- Connect your device to your computer. To check the correctness of pairing, use the “adb devices” command;
- Go to ADB directory. To do this, enter the command “cd”, and specify the path separated by a space;
- Enter “adb reboot recovery” into the line, but without quotes, and wait until the phone starts up in Recovery mode;
- Using the external function keys, enter the menu and sequentially select the options “wipe data / factory reset”, and then “Reboot system now”.
After the end of the operation, the device will automatically reboot and look like it was on the day of purchase.
Using the keys on the phone
Depending on the type of problem and the current state of the smartphone, the first option may not always be effective. The most acceptable option is to reset the settings using the physical buttons located on the body of the device. This method is used when loading:
- a logo in the form of a green man appears, hanging tightly on the screen;
- moving between menu options becomes problematic;
- pop-up notifications about errors in the operation of the operating system;
- display problems.
The main conditions for using this option are: a fully charged phone and serviceable external keys. To enter Recovery mode, you need to do the following:
- Press the “Power” button and wait until the smartphone turns off completely;
- While holding down two, at least three keys simultaneously, go to the main menu of the recovery mode;
- Select the option “wipe data / factory reset”, “delete all user data” and then “Reboot system now”.
To move between menu items use the volume control carriage, to select an option. the power key. Depending on the manufacturer, the key combination to be pressed may differ.
On the switched off smartphone, hold down two keys: “Volume control carriage” (in the center) and “Power”, and hold them for 10 seconds. When the logo is highlighted, release the second button. After the appearance of the “Robot with gears”, move the finger on the regulator carriage from the center to the top and wait until the green bar of the loading status is displayed.
Via the Android menu
The easiest and most accessible way even for inexperienced users to return the device to the pre-sale state is to reset the settings using the corresponding function built into the system. This option is relevant if the problems are not critical and the user has not lost access to menu items. In this case, you will need to do the following:
- Open the “Settings” section in any convenient way (through the menu, quick access panel, desktop);
- Go to the “Restore and reset” tab;
- Scrolling down the screen, select the “Reset settings” option (depending on the device model, the name may differ);
- The system will issue a warning that during the operation, all user data: personal information, applications and programs, settings, will be deleted;
- Confirm smartphone cleaning by pressing the “Reset all” button.
After completing the process, the device will match the appearance it had at the time of purchase.
The functionality of devices with the specified versions of the operating system has undergone some changes. Therefore, the “Reset settings” option can be found in the “Reset” tab, which is now in the “System” section.
A feature of the product of Chinese developers is the Flame OS operating system. Accordingly, resetting the settings on this platform is different than on Android. To perform the operation, you need to go to “Settings” → “About phone” → “Memory” → “Reset settings”.
Hard reset Samsung smartphone via key combinations
Another way to clean your device is to use buttons. This method is carried out using Recovery. a special boot mode of the device, reminiscent of a text menu. Certain combinations allow you to open Task Manager, which cannot be found in normal settings.
Note! This method is usually used when the device freezes or stops turning on. For a regular update, data reset, it is better to use the methods described above.
How to Hard Reset Android Samsung? To begin with, turn off your mobile device, if it is turned on. Then you need to hold down certain key combinations:
- “Home” volume key “Volume up” button “Lock screen”;
- If your mobile device has a Bixby key: Volume button Turn Sound Lock Screen Bixby.
- for older mobile phones: volume key “Volume up” button “Lock screen”.
Factory reset via keyboard shortcut
After holding down, a dialog box will open where the user will be prompted to select the next command:
- Select the line “Wipe data / factory reset”.
- Press the “Lock Screen” button once to confirm the action.
- Use the volume key to select the item “Yes” or “Yes. Delete all user data”.
- Confirm the action with the “Lock screen” key.
- The data from the device will be deleted. The text menu returns to the screen.
- Select with the volume keys the line “Reboot system now” and confirm the action with the button “Lock screen”.
Important! The device should reboot, restore work. If this does not happen, you need to contact the service center specialists. Most likely, a replacement of component parts or a new firmware is required.
How to reset Android to factory settings on “Samsung
You can reset the settings to “Samsung” in three different ways:
- Resetting All Data Through Samsung Settings.
- Clear phone completely via service code.
- Factory reset via Recovery.
The first way through the settings is the easiest. It will help you set up your phone in a new way, reset settings and parameters. The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Select the “Settings” item in the “Menu”.
- Go to “General settings”. On modern devices, such an item may not exist, then you just need to go to the next item.
- Select the “Reset” column. It may also be called Backup and Reset, Archive and Reset, and Privacy, depending on the software version.
- Click “Reset data”.
- Confirm the selected action by clicking “Reset” or “Delete All”.
After that, the device will automatically reboot. Once enabled, it can be used again, but all data will be deleted.
Resetting settings to factory settings via “Settings”
The next option is using the service code. It is considered the fastest because all the user has to do is enter a specific combination. You can return to the factory settings by entering one of the following codes:
- 27673855 #
All information from the phone will be deleted.
Factory reset via service code
The third method, using Recovery, is considered the most time consuming. It needs to be disassembled in more detail, since users often have problems with it.
Why do you need to reset the settings to “Samsung
Resetting data on Android Samsung, as well as on other devices, is a complete removal of data and information from the device: contacts, photos, music, messages, applications. absolutely everything will be deleted. Upon completion, the device resembles a new device, everything in it will have to be done from the very beginning.
When can a data reset on Android Samsung come in handy:
How to hard reset your android phone (Samsung)
- if recently the device constantly freezes, overheats, reboots. Most likely, there are problems and errors in it, which over time can lead to breakdowns;
- if the antivirus program has detected extraneous software systems, viruses and spyware that cannot be removed the first time using standard tools;
- if the user wants to sell the device. Then the complete removal of information will help preserve personal personal data, avoid fraud;
- if the software (firmware) of the device was changed at the service center.
Note! As already mentioned, returning to the basic settings will lead to the complete destruction of information and any data stored on the device.
Before starting the refund process, you must:
- Save all the necessary information, documents, contacts, media data. This can be done by simply transferring it to a personal computer via a USB cable or to an SD memory card. Another option is to use cloud storage.
- Delete all passwords in the browser, untie bank cards, log out of Google and Yandex accounts.
After completing these steps, you can do a factory reset on Android “Samsung”.
How to Factory Reset Android on Samsung
Probably not a single person has encountered such a problem: the new device flies, the data download speed is indeed a few seconds. But the more the device is, the worse its performance. Constant glitches, freezes and errors annoy users. Experts offer various solutions to this problem. One of them is a factory reset. It is believed that clearing the information completely will help the device perform better. How to Factory Reset Android on Samsung? This article is about this.
Performing a Hard Reset on older versions of Samsung Galaxy
There are several ways to reset your Android device, as already mentioned. But not all of them may be suitable for older versions of Samsung Galaxy. In this case, experts recommend cleaning using a computer. To do this, you need to install the Android System Development Kit. It is available for free download on the developer’s website.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Enable the “USB Debugging” function on the device. To do this, go to “Settings”, select the column “For developers”. “USB settings”. “General”. “About phone”. “Information programs”.
- A list of devices and drivers will open. Opposite each one must be ticked. This is necessary for the device to be able to connect with a personal computer.
- In order for a personal computer to see a smartphone or other device, it is necessary to download drivers for it. They are also available on the developer’s site.
- Connect the device using a USB cable to the computer.
- Run the command line, write the following query in it: “C: \ Users \ Username \ AppData \ Local \ Android \ Android-SDK \ platform tools”.
- Enter ADB reboot into Recovery.
The device will reboot and be ready for use again.
Factory reset is a good way to optimize device performance and make it faster. This is especially important for smartphones and tablets that have more than two to three years of service life. Such an update will not only fix many errors, but also increase the operating time. the phone will last longer.
Preparing for a hard reset
Before proceeding with restoring a mobile gadget to factory settings, if the situation permits, copy all important information from it to external media, for example, to a computer hard drive or to the cloud.
It is convenient to save contacts on the Google service of the same name. To do this, copy them from SIM cards to the phone memory and log in to the device under the Google account to which you want to transfer them. Synchronization will take place automatically.
Videos, pictures, music and other user files can be simply transferred from folder to folder by connecting the phone with a USB cable to the PC.
If this is not possible, install a cloud service client on your mobile device, for example, Google Drive or Yandex.Disk, enter the “Files” section, click “Upload to disk” and select the data to save.
To avoid having to enter the owner’s login and password when starting the device after the reset, delete your Google account from the system.
Immediately before recovery, charge the device to at least 25-30% or connect to a power source, and also remove the memory card and SIM from it.
What is a factory reset for?
Such an operation is an extreme measure that can be resorted to in several cases.
- When a problem arises in the operation of the device, when other methods of fixing do not help, including a simple reboot.
- Complete deletion of data is required before selling the phone to another user.
- Updating the device firmware also resets to factory settings.
By dialing code
This option is applicable under the same conditions as the previous one. In addition, he can help you out in case of problems in the system menu, if you still have access to the application for calls.
To activate the factory reset procedure, enter one of the following codes on the Samsung phone keypad:
- 27673855 #
After pressing the call button, the device will reboot and all data from it will be deleted.
3 ways to factory reset your Samsung smartphone or tablet
Resetting data using buttons
This method will help in a situation when the phone or tablet cannot be turned on, or the screen is locked.
- Disable device.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Home button (bottom center) Power Volume Up.
- If your phone has a Bixby button (to the left or right below the volume buttons), you must press and hold the Power buttons, Volume Up, Bixby, at the same time.
- If there are no Home and Bixby buttons, press and hold the Power Volume Up buttons at the same time.
After “Samsung Galaxy…” appears on the display, release the “Power” key. Continue to hold the remaining buttons until the “Recovery” mode appears (approximately 5-15 seconds). Recovery is a device reboot mode in the form of a text menu.
If Recovery does not appear, you need to repeat steps 1-3 again with a longer hold of the specified keys.
- Press the “Volume Down” key to select the “Wipe data / factory reset” menu.
- Confirm selection by pressing the “Power” key.
- Then use the “Volume Down” button to find the item “Yes” or “Yes. Delete all user data”.
- Press the “Power” key to confirm the deletion of all data from the device.
- When the main menu appears, find the line “Reboot system now” and confirm the selection by pressing the button on “Power”.
- Reboot and reset all phone data to factory settings.
Copy important information from your device.
During the reset, the device memory will be cleared and all data will be deleted. If there is any important data, make a copy of it.
The second way to reset data is by using the buttons
This method is used when the smartphone or tablet does not turn on, or the screen is locked.
If your device has a Home button (bottom center), simultaneously press and hold the Power Home buttons Volume Up.
If your device has a Bixby button (on the left below the volume buttons), simultaneously press and hold the Power Volume Up Bixby buttons.
If your device does not have Home and Bixby buttons, press and hold the Power Volume Up buttons at the same time.
Release the Power button after the screen displays “Samsung Galaxy. “. Hold the rest of the buttons until Recovery appears (about 5-15 seconds). Recovery. a special boot mode for the device, looks like a text menu.
If Recovery does not appear, repeat steps 1-3 once more while holding down the buttons.
Press the “Volume Down” button to select “Wipe data / factory reset”.
Press the “Power” button to confirm the selected item.
Press the “Volume Down” button to select “Yes” or “Yes. Delete all user data”.
Press the Power button to confirm that all data is deleted from the device.
After deleting the data, the main menu will appear. Press the “Power” button to select “Reboot system now”.
What is a data reset for?
Resetting device data (reset, hard reset, factory reset) is the removal of all data from a smartphone or tablet: contacts, messages, downloaded applications, photos, music, mail settings, alarms. After a reset, the smartphone or tablet returns to the factory state.
How To Reset Samsung Galaxy S8. Hard Reset and Soft Reset
Usually, data reset is done in the following cases:
How to reset Samsung to factory settings
You can reset the settings on a Samsung phone or tablet in several simple ways, which we will look at today in the illustrated instructions.
This procedure often helps out when the device malfunctions, brakes, or other errors. It does not harm the system and “resets” the device to its initial state.
The previous post was about how to enable T9 on Samsung. In this article, we will look at the Samsung hard reset process, i.e. how to reset a Samsung phone or tablet to factory settings as simple and fast as possible.
Interesting! Always Hard Reset Samsung devices before selling or if you want to give your device to someone for a long time. This is necessary to protect your data. so that it does not fall into the wrong hands.
Back up Android so that all settings, contacts and other data are in the cloud. And in the future, you could return them. Photos can be downloaded to SD card or computer.
Sign out of your Google and Samsung account if you don’t want to use them anymore on this device, for example. before selling. We examined in detail how to do this in the article. how to delete a Samsung account from the phone. Open settings. accounts and unlink everything.
Reset Samsung to Factory Settings
Method. via Recovery
Disconnect your smartphone / tablet. press and hold the power button until a menu appears where you need to select the shutdown item.
Press and hold the two keys on the body of the device. volume up and power up. If there is a home button, then hold it down as well.
As soon as an inscription appears with the name of the smartphone, release the power key. The rest of the keys should be released as soon as the Recovery menu appears.
You can navigate through the menu items using both the touch screen and the volume buttons. Select “wipe data / factory reset” by going down to it and pressing the power button. Confirm that you want to reset everything.
Go to “Reboot system now”, press the power button and agree to reboot. Smartphone will boot completely reset.
Interesting! We also considered this method in the material. how to unlock a Samsung phone if you forgot your password. It is great in cases where a smartphone or tablet cannot even be opened at all.
Method. through the menu
Open your phone settings and go to General Settings. Here we need the item “Reset“, it can also be called “Archiving and Reset” or other variations. Click on it.
Next, select the item to reset data / device. Confirm that you want to delete everything and the erasing process will begin. The device will be booted to zero.
These were the easiest ways to do it. Through the Recovery menu, you can even reset a locked device, this method is more flexible, use it if it does not work through the menu.
Resetting a Samsung smartphone using the menu
Open the “Settings” application using the icon on the desktop.
Here you find the item “Data reset”, tap on it.
You see a message about what data will be erased from your smartphone when you reset. The list is quite long. If you need to save any information, make a backup first (save a copy of the data on another medium).
There is a Reset button at the bottom of the page. Click on it.
The last step remains, but here you need to stop and find out the following: if the smartphone is tied to a Google account, then after the data is reset, the system will ask you to enter the password for this account. What’s wrong with that, some users may ask? In general, nothing, but if you forgot the password for your Google account and cannot recover it, then unlocking your smartphone after resetting is possible only through the service center! Therefore, we recommend unlinking your account following this instruction. In addition, if the smartphone is tied to a Samsung account, you will need to enter the password for this account. without this action, the reset is impossible. If you don’t remember the password, use the recovery instructions.
When you are ready to reset, click on the Delete All button. The smartphone will restart and start wiping data. When the cleaning is over, the smartphone will boot normally. The reset may take some time depending on the amount of data in memory.
Resetting Samsung Phone Using Buttons
Also, a reset can be done using the recovery menu. The method is relevant if, for example, the touch screen does not work.
The smartphone must be turned off. If the device is turned on and it is possible to turn it off, press the on / off key and hold it until the menu appears on the screen.
The smartphone is turned off. Now you need to launch the recovery menu. Depending on the smartphone model and Samsung firmware, this can be done in different ways. In our case, the S8 model is used, which means that you need to hold down the power, volume up and Bixby keys at the same time, holding them until the smartphone is turned on.
Then release the Power key while holding the Volume Up and Bixby buttons until you see something like this:
And on the Samsung Galaxy A50, which does not have a Bixby key, it is even simpler. the power and volume keys. On older Samsung devices. volume up, power and Home keys.
You do not need to press anything. the menu recovery should load. Use the sound keys to navigate the menu and select the Wipe data / factory reset item using the power key.
Then move to Yes and confirm the action. Reset will start. All unsaved data will of course be deleted.
At the end of the process, select Reboot system now.
The smartphone will restart normally.
Friends! If our site helped you or you just liked it, you can help us develop and move on. To do this, you can:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to our group.