After Windows boots up, select the appropriate screen resolution. To do this, right-click on an empty space on your desktop and then select the appropriate “Screen Resolution”.
Here you can choose the appropriate resolution. A higher resolution produces a sharper picture, but everything on the screen will be smaller. The system defaults to the maximum resolution supported by the device. If everything suits you, don’t change anything. If you are not comfortable working with such a resolution: the font is too small and difficult to read, you can reduce the resolution, taking into account some of the nuances. Some monitors and TVs are designed to show a strictly defined number of pixels vertically as well as horizontally. If you set a non-standard resolution, your TV will have to scale it to display it on its matrix, which can lead to blurring of the picture and deterioration of the image quality.
If your TV supports Full HD resolution (1920 × 1080), it will reproduce 1280 × 720 just as well, but all fonts and details will be larger. The real resolution of the HD Ready TV is 1366 × 768, it makes no sense to set the resolution to 1920 × 1080.
On the monitor tab, located in the “Advanced settings”, you can set the required refresh rate of the screen. You can set it to 60 Hz or more (if your TV supports it):
If the video is not running smoothly enough or jitters during playback, you can experiment with this parameter by changing its value. Set the color quality to “True Color (32-bit)”.
Whenever you change the resolution, color depth or frequency, a window appears in which you need to confirm the changes. If your device does not work with the new parameters, you will not be able to see this window and confirm your actions. Don’t worry, fifteen seconds later, your computer device’s system settings will be restored to their previous system settings.
How to output sound to TV via HDMI?
- It is necessary that all the necessary drivers are installed on the video card. You can determine if the driver that provides audio output via HDMI is installed in the “Device Manager”. To open it, you need to click “WinPause”, then select “Device Manager”. The section dedicated to audio, gaming and video devices must indicate a device that supports “High Definition Audio”. high definition sound:
- In playback devices (right-click on the speaker located near the clock or go to “Control Panel. Sound”) there must be an HDMI digital audio device or similar in name.
- When the TV is connected to a computer device, the status will change to “Ready”. Right click on it and select “Set as default”.
- On some TVs, not all HDMI inputs are capable of receiving sound! The port called “HDMI 1” probably knows how to do this. If the sound does not appear automatically, try digging into the TV settings to set the digital, not analog (used when connecting tulips) audio stream for the HDMI input you are using.
After that, the problem with the output of sound via HDMI to the TV should be resolved. You just have to restart the programs you are using or completely restart your computer.
Projecting Windows 10 how to connect a second screen
Hey ! We continue to disassemble the Windows 10 operating system! Today you will learn how to set up projection and connect a second screen on Windows 10. For example, you want to connect a TV or a second computer to your computer, or just an additional screen. You can not only connect an additional screen, but also be able to adjust the projection.
To connect the second screen, in the lower right corner of the screen, open the “Notification Center” by clicking on the corresponding icon in the form of a written sheet. In the window that opens, click on the tab. Project. Projection needs to be adjusted only after connecting the second screen.
Further, in the window that opens, you will have a choice of 4 types of projection:
How to properly connect a laptop to a TV via HDMI?
Immediately, we note that in order to connect everything, you will need to set the desired parameters on the TV and laptop. You will also need the HDMI cable itself. Also, note that some laptop models only have a DVI connector. Then you will also have to get a special adapter.
The procedure itself for connecting a laptop to a TV via HDMI is quite simple. You need to do the following:
- We make sure that there are connectors on both devices.
- We turn off the TV and laptop. This is to protect the ports. If you connect the cable with the devices turned on, then there is a risk of their failure.
- We connect one end of the cable to the HDMI connector on the TV. Typically, modern TV-devices have it on the back or side. In this case, there can be several connectors. Usually they are all signed. HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc. In which of them you connect the cable there is no difference.
- We connect the other end of the cable to the laptop. Now we turn on both devices and go to the connection settings.
- We start with the TV. We pick up the remote control and press the button on it, which is responsible for setting up signal sources. This is often the key “input”, “source” (on LG, Samsung TVs, etc.) or “home” (on some Sony models).
- A menu will appear on the TV screen (its interface is very different depending on the TV and the manufacturer!), Where you need to select the signal source. In our case, HDMI. If you choose the wrong option, the following message will appear on the TV screen: “No signal”. Do not be afraid! Just click on another signal source.
- That’s all. Most likely, everything worked out for you, and you are already watching a movie or playing computer games using a TV monitor, and not a laptop screen.
- If the laptop did not connect to the TV and it was not possible to display the image on its screen, then on the laptop we go to “Start”. Further in the “Control Panel”. Click on the item “Setting the screen resolution”. Next, in the “Screen” line, select the TV screen if it was not automatically recognized. Press the button “Find”. For laptops with Windows 10, go to the system settings in the “Screen” section and click on the “Detect” button.
Helpful information! Not all laptop models have an HDMI connector. In this case, some users, using an adapter, connect the device via VGA. This is a fairly old 15-pin connector that became popular back in the 80s of the last century. However, no sound is transmitted through such an interface. Therefore, in addition to the HDMI cable, you will need to connect an additional wire for the audio signal.
Problems when connecting a laptop to a TV using an HDMI cable are far from uncommon. Therefore, we will dwell on this point in detail. we will describe the most common problems and ways to solve them.
- What if you connected everything correctly, but the TV screen does not show the image from the laptop? The first thing we do is sit down at the laptop. Right-click on the desktop. In the menu that appears, select the line “Screen resolution” (for Windows 7, 8). Now you need to select “Multiple monitors” in the “Screen” item. Below you will see another option “Multiple screens”. Here we put “Duplicate desktop on the first and second”.
- Why is there no sound on the TV? As we noted above, an HDMI cable carries an audio signal. So it is weird if the sound continues to come from the laptop and not from the TV device? How to fix it? Go to the notification panel and click on the sound icon. We select “Playback devices” or “Sound devices”. it all depends on the OS version (Windows 7, 8, 10, etc.). The list that opens should also include the TV to which you connected the laptop via HDMI. Click on it with the right mouse button, and then select “Use as default” or “Enable”. It remains only to click “Ok”. The sound should appear.
If the TV still does not see the laptop via HDMI, then it is worth checking if you connected the cable itself well to all the connectors. The plug may not be fully seated in the socket. Sometimes it happens that the cord itself is not working properly. But this is very rare.
Sometimes there are conflicts that prevent the laptop from connecting to the TV via HDMI. The main reason is outdated or incorrectly working drivers. For example, video cards. Therefore, if you cannot connect the device to the TV, then update the software for the video adapter.
On a note! Connecting a laptop to an old TV via HDMI is hardly possible. Mainly due to the lack of an appropriate interface. Therefore, if you have a rather “ancient” TV receiver, then you can connect it to a laptop only through RCA (everyone knows them as “tulips”).
What is important to know about HDMI?
Recently, HDMI data transmission technology has become very popular. Largely due to the fact that with its help it is possible to broadcast a video and audio signal of a sufficiently high quality. This uses only one cable.
There are currently several HDMI standards:
- 1.0 standard (speed up to 10.2 Gbps, support for up to 8 audio channels);
- standard 2.0 (data transfer at speeds up to 18 Gbps, as well as support for up to 32 audio channels).
Many companies are involved in the production of HDMI cables. Branded options are often quite expensive. However, many modern TVs have such a cable included.
How to display an image from a laptop to a TV
A TV is quite often used as an external display for a laptop. This is convenient because you can watch movies and other videos on the big screen, as well as use the TV during presentations and other work activities. There are several options for how to connect a laptop to a TV: via a wire, or “over the air”. using a wireless connection. But even there are several connections using a cable.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via WI-FI
You can connect a laptop to a TV without using wires and cables. This can be done wirelessly, but this will require WI-FI in both devices. If WI-FI is a usual thing in laptop computers, then TVs are often not equipped with wireless communication means. The exception is fresh models, as well as Smart TVs.
In the case of transferring an image from a laptop to a TV via WI-FI, it is necessary that both devices be connected to the same router. However, if your TV supports Wi-Fi Direct, a router connection is optional. In this case, you do not need to perform any settings, the devices will find and connect to each other on their own. So, to set up the connection, you need to configure the DLNA server. For you to be able to watch videos from your laptop, it is important to set the options so that the TV has access to the folders. The best way to connect is through the Control Panel under Network and Internet.
After the connection is configured, you need to see the list of connected devices in the TV settings. For example, on Sony TVs, you can do this by pressing the Home button and selecting the appropriate section. In LG TVs, there is a SmartShare section in the settings for connecting to peripheral devices. On models from other manufacturers, the menu sections and actions are almost identical, and it will not be difficult to find them.
How to connect laptop to TV via VGA
If your laptop does not have an HDMI connector, you can synchronize devices using the VGA connector.
The connection algorithm is as follows:
- Connect the devices with the appropriate cable;
- On TV, select a special mode of the input image by pressing the INPUT button on the remote control;
- On a laptop, activate the display on two screens by simultaneously pressing the Fn key combination the button corresponding to your laptop model.
A significant disadvantage of this type of image transmission is the lack of sound on the TV. That is, using VGA, you can only transmit a video signal, the audio will go through the laptop’s speakers or speakers connected to it. As for the video quality, the most often the transmitted image will be 1600 x 1200 dpi.
The main reasons for connecting a laptop to a TV are:
- Using a large screen;
- Watching movies and other videos;
- Organization of presentations;
- Communication in messengers;
- Video games.
In this matter, the main sequence of actions. Only in this case can we hope for a working connection and a high-quality image. This is because each of the options below assumes certain manipulations. Before you decide to display an image from your laptop on your TV, please read the instructions carefully.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via USB
There are situations when the laptop does not work or does not have HDMI or VGA connectors at all. There is only USB and an irresistible desire to connect a laptop to a TV using this interface. It is important to say that you cannot directly connect a laptop and a TV using a USB cable from a technical point of view. Even if there is such a connector on your TV, it is intended for connecting external media, but not streaming video from a laptop. Therefore, to the question of how to connect a laptop to a TV via USB, there is only one answer. with the help of an adapter that can convert the USB signal to HDMI or VGA signal.
It is necessary that the TV has an HDMI or VGA output, otherwise, such an experiment is doomed to failure. So, first, you should purchase a converter, which on the one hand will be connected to a laptop via a USB interface, and on the other hand to a TV via HDMI or VGA interface. Select the adapter so that the presence of outputs matches the presence of connectors on your TV. It should also be noted that audio and video signals will be transmitted through the HDMI cable without problems, but through the VGA cable there will be only video, the sound will still come from the laptop.
Connecting a laptop to a TV via USB requires the following steps:
- Connect the USB cable to one of the ports on your portable device;
- Plug the other end of the wire into the USB port located on the converter. It is also possible that some converters have a built-in USB cable that cannot be disconnected. In this case, we skip this step;
- On the other side of the video adapter, connect an HDMI or VGA cable (depending on which adapter you have chosen);
- Insert the other end of the cord into the corresponding socket on your TV.
Connecting laptop to TV via HDMI
The easiest way to connect a laptop to a TV is via HDMI. To do this, you only need to have the appropriate connectors on both devices, as well as the appropriate cable. Among the main advantages of this method of connection are convenience, the need for minimal skills, as well as a minimum of settings. The ability to watch movies in 3D is also a plus of this type of connection.
So, to display the image of your laptop on the TV screen, you need to do the following:
- Connect the devices with the required cable by inserting it into the HDMI connector;
- On the TV, select the mode of the connected device and select the number of the input where the cable is inserted;
- On a laptop, press the key combination, which consists of the Fn video switch button. Most often, this is the F8 button, but it all depends on the manufacturer of the device. Such a button should have an icon with the image of two monitors.
After completing the above steps, the TV should display the image that the laptop monitor is currently displaying. Some TV models may have multiple HDMI outputs. you can safely choose any to connect your laptop to your TV.
It may happen that the image does not appear on the screen. This may be due to the wrong input source on the TV. To rectify the situation, call up the list of signals by pressing the INPUT button on the remote control, and then select the option that corresponds to the current connection.
Another reason why the picture does not appear on the TV may lie in the laptop settings. Click on the right mouse button on a free part of the screen, and go to the “Resolution” menu. Find the “Multiple Screens” submenu. There will be a choice of options for displaying a picture, as well as a choice of possible screens, image quality and other settings.
How to connect an Apple laptop to a TV
It will not be a problem to connect Apple portable equipment with a TV of the same Apple TV brand. But if you want to connect your MacBook to a TV of another brand, you will need an HDMI cable and the same connector on the TV device. By connecting both devices with a cable, the Apple laptop will recognize the TV as an external screen and will broadcast the image to both monitors. If there is no such need, then in the settings you should disable the mirror image of the video.
By connecting a laptop to a TV in any of the above ways, you are not immune to failures. It is necessary to select the correct type of connection based on the technical capabilities of the devices, as well as carefully monitor the types of cables used.
All connection methods are similar to each other, quite simple and fast. You will be able to connect your laptop to your TV without much difficulty or technical skill. It is also important to choose the right video player on a laptop in order to maximize the quality of the transmitted video for comfortable viewing.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press CtrlEnter.
Update your graphics card drivers. Click “WinX”, select:
Install the drivers by going to the official website of the device manufacturer. For more details, see the article: “How to update the driver”.
It is an interface that transmits high definition video data and copy protected audio signal.
- Simplicity. The transmission takes place over one cable;
- Transfer efficiency. The data does not require additional compression;
- Large bandwidth that allows you to broadcast a high quality movie;
- Copy protection technology.
HDMI supports 2560 x 1440 screen resolution.
How to connect a computer to a Windows 10 HDMI TV
Watching movies stored on the HDD, or playing games, you have a question. How to make this activity more convenient. Use the second monitor. Instead, a TV will do. Consider How to Connect a Computer to a Windows 10 HDMI TV.
How to connect a laptop to a Windows 10 HDMI TV
The PC treats the TV as an additional monitor. Therefore, the settings are made in its parameters. Click “WinI”, go:
The connected monitors will be displayed in the Display tab. How to determine the screen number?
Click the “Discover” button. The numbers will be displayed on the monitor and TV.
Find the item “Multiple Displays” below. Select the operating mode of the screens:
- Duplicate. The same images will be displayed;
- Expand. One image is a continuation of another;
- Show on one screen.
It is different for Windows (Windows) 7. LMB on the TV thumbnail. Set its resolution in the corresponding field. If you do not complete this action, the picture will not be clear.
Select the operating mode:
- Show desktop to 1 or 2. Disable one screen;
- Duplicate. The same image is shown;
- Expand. If you go beyond the boundaries of one screen, go to the next.
Perform a visual inspection of the ports. Pay attention to such damage:
- Broken or oxidized port pins. Replace them:
- Dust. Sound plays intermittently. The image is distorted;
- How the port is set. If it staggers when physically tampered with, secure it. Ask for help from employees of specialized centers.
The average user is quite long up to ten meters. Pay attention to the refresh rate. Check the documentation or packaging. For convenient video viewing, 60-70 MHz is enough for the eye. High frequencies are relevant if the monitor supports 4K (horizontal resolution 4000 pixels).
The longer the cable, the larger the conductor diameter.
If it is long:
- Five meters. Diameter seven millimeters (28AWG);
- Ten meters. eight millimeters (26AWG);
- Fifteen meters. nine millimeters (24AWG);
- Twenty meters. ten millimeters (22AWG).
Features of the
Some TV models do not automatically detect the signal source. Therefore, on the TV remote, find and press the button:
Name may differ depending on TV model.
A menu with connection sources will open. Select a port. Look it up by the number of the connector where the cable is connected. On the back of the TV.
How to connect a laptop to a TV
We connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI cable.
- Connect the cable to the HDMI output of your laptop.
- Insert the other end of the cable into the HDMI input of your TV.
- On the remote control of your TV, press the button responsible for selecting the source of the displayed signal.
Modern flat panel TVs, like computers, are digital devices. Via HDMI, it became possible to transmit high quality video files simultaneously with audio transmission.
High-Definition Multimedia Interface or abbreviated. HDMI, in translation: high definition multimedia interface. Most video cards provide the ability to connect a computer to a TV via HDMI.
How to connect HDMI to TV
Shutdown. We turn off both devices so as not to burn the ports. We connect the computer (laptop) to the TV using an HDMI cable. Plug one end of the cord into the HDMI out of your computer and the other end of the cord into the HDMI in of your TV. To avoid degradation of the picture and sound quality, do not connect the DVI-out (via an adapter) of the computer to the TV HDMI-in, and vice versa. The connectors must be the same.
Loading. The cable is inserted. Turn on your TV and computer. Windows will boot on the connected computer. It will become clear that the TV is connected to an external source by slight flashes of the screen. Do not forget to put the TV in AVI mode, it receives signals from an external source (connected computer), and not from an antenna. In AVI source mode, select the appropriate HDMI input of the TV.
Customization. Adjust the picture to connect your laptop or computer to the TV. On the computer desktop, open the context menu with the right mouse button.
In Windows XP, select Properties, click the Options button. Click the “Advanced” button, select the appropriate value. The TV screen displays the desktop of your computer.
With Windows 7 and Windows 8 installed on the computer, right-click on an empty space, select “Screen Resolution”. Find the line “Screen” and choose the appropriate option. The connected TV is not automatically detected? In the same window, click the “Find” button.
Wait for the TV search to finish. Set the maximum scanning resolution of the screen by selecting “monitor” and “frequent screen refresh” in the tab.
At the top in the “Screen Settings” we determine which screen we have the main (1st) and additional (2nd).
You must click “Define”. You will see the number “1” on the TV screen, the number “2” on the computer / laptop screen. To remedy the situation, in the “Screen Resolution” window, click on the screen “2”. Check the “Make the main monitor” checkbox and click the “Ok” button.
If necessary, in the properties of the video card, adjust the resolution of the desktop size, color correction.
Reboot. Reboot your computer. Changes to settings will happen automatically.
Installing Drivers for HDMI Audio
It is possible that you do not have drivers for audio output via HDMI installed, although the video card drivers are installed (this can be if you manually asked which components to install when installing the drivers).
To check if this is the case, go to the Windows Device Manager (in all OS versions, you can press the WinR keys on your keyboard and enter devmgmt.msc, and in Windows 10 also from the right-click menu on the “Start” button) and open the section “Sound, game and video devices”. Further steps:
- Just in case, enable the display of hidden devices in the device manager (in the “View” menu item).
- First of all, pay attention to the number of sound devices: if this is the only audio card, then, apparently, drivers for sound via HDMI are really not installed (more on this later). It is also possible that the HDMI device (usually has these letters in the name, or the manufacturer of the video card chip) is present, but disabled. In this case, right-click on it and select “Engage”.
If there is only your sound card in the list, then the way to solve the problem will be as follows:
- Download drivers for your graphics card from the official AMD, NVIDIA or Intel website, depending on the graphics card itself.
- Install them, however, if you are using manual configuration of the installation parameters, pay close attention to the fact that the sound driver for HDMI is checked and installed. For example, for NVIDIA video cards it is called “HD Audio Driver”.
- After the installation is complete, restart your computer.
Note: if for one reason or another the drivers are not installed, it may be due to some kind of malfunction of the current drivers (and the sound problem is explained by the same). In this situation, you can try to completely remove the video card drivers, and then reinstall them.
Configuring Windows playback devices
Usually, when in Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7 you connect a TV or separate monitor via HDMI to a laptop, the sound will automatically start playing on it. However, there are exceptions when the playback device does not automatically change and remains the same. Here it is worth trying to check if it is possible to manually select on what the audio will be played.
- Right-click the speaker icon in the Windows notification area (bottom right) and select Playback Devices. In Windows 10 1903, 1809 and 1803, to get to the playback devices, select the “Open sound settings” item in the menu, and in the next window. “Sound Control Panel”, or through the Control Panel. Sound.
- Pay attention to which of the devices is selected as the default device. If it is Speakers or headphones, but the list also contains NVIDIA High Definition Audio, AMD (ATI) High Definition Audio or some devices with HDMI text, right-click on it and select “Set as default” (do this, when the TV is already connected via HDMI).
- Apply the settings you made.
Most likely, these three steps will be enough to solve the problem. However, it may turn out that in the list of playback devices there is nothing similar to HDMI Audio (even if you right-click on an empty place in the list and enable the display of hidden and disabled devices), then the following solutions may help.
No HDMI sound when connecting laptop or PC to TV
One of the problems that can be encountered when connecting a laptop to a TV via an HDMI cable is the lack of sound on the TV (i.e. it is played on the laptop or computer speakers, but not on the TV). Usually, this problem is easily solved and further in the instructions. possible reasons that there is no sound via HDMI and how to fix them in Windows 10, 8 (8.1) and Windows 7. See also: How to connect a laptop to a TV, Poor image quality via HDMI.
Note: in some cases (and not very rarely) all the steps described below to solve the problem are not needed, but the whole point is in the sound reduced to zero (in the player in the OS or on the TV itself) or accidentally pressed (perhaps by a child) the Mute button on your TV or receiver, if used. Check these points, especially if everything worked fine yesterday. If, when diagnosing an HDMI audio device, you see a message that this device is already in use by another application, see a separate guide for this issue here: This device is already in use by another application when outputting audio via HDMI.
If the sound from the laptop via HDMI still does not play on the TV
If both methods did not help, while the desired item is exactly set in the playback devices, I recommend paying attention to:
- Once again. check your TV settings.
- If possible, try a different HDMI cable, or check if the sound will be transmitted over the same cable, but from a different device, not from the current laptop or computer.
- In the event that an adapter or adapter to HDMI is used to connect via HDMI, the sound may not be able to make it work. If you are using VGA or DVI to HDMI, then definitely not. If DisplayPort is HDMI, then it should work, but on some adapters, in fact, there is no sound.
I hope you managed to solve the problem, if not, please describe in detail what and how happens on a laptop or computer when you try to follow the steps from the manual. I may be able to help you.
Software shipped with graphics card drivers may also have custom HDMI audio output settings for supported displays.
And although this rarely helps, take a look at the settings for “NVIDIA Control Panel” (the item is located in the Windows Control Panel), AMD Catalyst or Intel HD Graphics.
Connecting PC to TV via VGA
Whatever the steps described by you are not taken to connect the PC to the TV, the main device in any case will be a computer.
In the case of many TV models, after connection, the video signal may not be transmitted. This is due to incorrect settings on both PC and TV.
On a standard TV remote control, press the button labeled “Input”.
Sometimes, instead of the indicated button, “Source” may be present, by clicking on which you need to select a signal source through the menu.
Some models require adjustment of the video signal source through the TV menu, although quite rarely.
Using the context menu on the desktop, open the “Screen Resolution” window.
Select your TV through the drop-down list.
Set the screen resolution to the most appropriate for you.
Click on the link “Display the image on the second screen” or use the keyboard shortcut “WinP” to open the display settings menu.
Select the appropriate display mode as with the second monitor.
If you are a Windows 10 user, the setup steps are slightly different from other versions of Windows.
This completes the connection and configuration process.
In many ways, connecting a TV and a PC is similar to a similar process for a projector.
With the devices disconnected from the network, connect the VGA cable to the corresponding port on your TV.
If necessary, connect the wire to the connector on the adapter.
Connect the second VGA plug to the port on the back of the computer.
Note: The required VGA connector can be located both on the motherboard and on the video card.
In both cases, secure the plug tightly with the clips.
After completing the steps, the TV screen will become an additional monitor for your computer, while retaining its original functions.
Connecting a computer to a TV with a VGA cable
Many modern video cards and TVs are equipped with VGA interfaces by default, allowing you to connect these devices without any problems. It is about this type of connection and its subsequent configuration that we will talk about further along the way.
If there is no VGA connector on one of the connected devices, you can use a special adapter, the type of which is determined by the presence of other interfaces. One such device, VGA-HDMI, is shown below.
Like many other varieties, you can make your own VGA cable. However, such a wire does not have the simplest structure and without proper knowledge it is better to get a ready-made one.
The only purpose of the VGA interface is to transmit video signals. This type of connection does not allow transferring files or sound.
Based on the above, you will need external speakers connected to your PC.
After completing the selection and purchase of components, you can start connecting.
The connection method presented in the article is the simplest, since VGA interfaces are usually equipped not only with PCs and TVs, but also with many laptops. However, the quality of such a connection leaves much to be desired and, if possible, you should use an HDMI cable.
Image output settings in Windows
If the connection cord and interfaces work, but the system unit still does not display the picture on the TV screen, then the problem lies in the operating system settings. How to properly configure the system unit for different OS versions is described below.
- On the desktop you need to open the task menu and find the item “screen resolution”.
- We select the item “connect to the projector” and click duplicate so that the image remains on each monitor. If you need to completely transfer the picture to TV, then click on “projector only”.
- After entering the control panel, you should select the submenu “design and personalization”.
- In the “screen” section, we find “multiple displays” and select “duplicate” or “extend the table only to the second display”.
- In the screen parameters, select “display” and scroll to “multiple displays”.
- If all the connections are correct, then the second screen will be immediately displayed, it remains only to indicate how exactly to use it. duplicating or as the main one.
How to update software on a video card
If the difficulties with the connection after the recommendations above have not gone away, then updating the software for the PC associated with the display of the image can help. The driver may be out of date, damaged, or simply missing. In such a situation, you should open Device Manager and look at the “video adapters” tab. To do this, select on the icon “my computer” in the menu “control”, which opens by clicking on the right mouse button.
If a red or yellow icon is lit next to the adapter, then there is a problem with this node. To update, you can immediately open its properties and select automatic driver update, but it is more efficient to download it from the manufacturer’s website.
We carry out diagnostics
What should be done if the TV cannot see the laptop via HDMI? Video cards of all modern products support such a connection: HDMI is installed on the TV on almost every model. If the laptop was connected according to all the rules, but still there is no image, then we connect the laptop to the TV, while sequentially checking all possible problems.
Setting the resolution and frequency
Sometimes, after following the above recommendations, the picture is still not broadcast. In this case, the reason may be that the TV and the system unit are not compatible in their parameters. For example, for an old SD or HD TV, the FHD resolution on the PC video card is too high. In this case, it is worth entering the screen settings according to the above algorithms and, having selected the second display (TV), lower the resolution for it.
The second reason that can affect the image is frequency. By default, the PC graphics card is set to 60 Hz. For TV it is worth trying to gradually decrease the value.
Important to remember! Some TV manufacturers have a connection to a PC, and there is a special mode for this. It can be combined with the image adjustment or selected separately. Through it you can select the appropriate resolution for the PC.
Some Samsung TVs had an issue where a window appeared with the text “HDMI mode not supported”. There were many recommendations on the forums to combat this, but it turned out that this is a problem with the factory firmware, and in order to fix the defect, you need to contact the manufacturer’s service center, where the new software is installed. Modern Samsung TVs do not have such nuances.
Not a single product, even the most reliable brand, is immune from factory defects, especially when assembled by hand. When buying, the image quality and sound are checked, but they never check specific connectors and connection jacks on the TV. at best, they make sure that they are available, and even then not all buyers. It often happens that the cable itself does not work, although it has not been used for so long. It is necessary to connect the same cable, but to another device, if it functions normally, then the reason that the computer does not see the TV lies in the latter. It is necessary to diagnose the TV in order to recognize similar signals.
Checking the signal source
On the remote control (RC), press the button to select the external input option. The specific model of the product depends on which button on the TV remote control you need to press: “source”, “input” or “HDMI” (LG, Sony or Samsung). After pressing, a menu appears on the screen with a detailed list of active inputs. We select and confirm by pressing OK or Enter, it is the desired input, into which the cable from the laptop was previously connected.