7 ways to connect your phone to your TV
USB, HDMI, Wi-Fi. choose what you like best and watch content on the big screen.
How to connect your phone to a TV via Wi-Fi Direct
A wireless connection, in which a mobile device and a compatible TV are connected directly via Wi-Fi, without the need for a router. TV in this case acts as an access point to which the smartphone is connected. And you can transfer media files to the big screen using the standard Send menu.
How to connect your phone to a TV via HDMI
- Suitable phone: Android smartphone, iPhone.
- Which TV is Right: Any with HDMI.
- What else you need: a phone-compatible HDMI cable or adapter.
This option allows you to use the TV as an external display while playing games, watching movies and surfing the Internet. The picture from the mobile device is mirrored, that is, everything that happens on the smartphone screen is displayed on the TV.
Depending on the phone connector, you will need an appropriate adapter or cable to connect. On the one hand, it will have an HDMI connector, and on the other, microUSB, Lightning or USB-C. In the mode of broadcasting the image, the device is quickly discharged, so usually adapters have a connector for charging.
Before purchasing a USB-C adapter, please make sure your smartphone supports video output.
How to connect your phone to a TV via USB
- Suitable phone: Android smartphone, regular mobile phone.
- Which TV will work: Any with a USB port.
- What else you need: USB cable.
The easiest way to connect, allowing you to use your mobile device as a flash drive. True, only media files stored in the phone’s memory can be played back: photo, video and audio.
What to do
- Connect your smartphone and TV with a compatible cable. If you are using an adapter, insert it into the gadget and connect a regular HDMI cable from the TV to it.
- Select the appropriate HDMI connector as the source for the TV signal.
- The image will automatically appear on the TV. If this does not happen, open the smartphone settings and change the screen resolution.
What to do
- Open the network settings on the TV and turn on the Wi-Fi Direct function.
- On your smartphone, go to Settings → Wireless & networks → Wi-Fi → Wi-Fi Direct.
- After scanning for available devices, select your TV.
- Use the “Send” menu on your smartphone to transfer photos, videos and audio to TV.
What to do
Connect your TV to your phone using a USB cable.
Select the USB port as the source on the TV.
If necessary, confirm the connection mode on the phone.
The large screen will display the folder structure or list of files that the TV has scanned and recognized. Exactly what you see will depend on the device model.
Use the remote to navigate and view.
Using connection options through debugging
If USB connection methods do not appear even on a computer, it is recommended to enable debug mode. To do this, you need to unlock the developer options. this is only possible for mobile on Android.
- Go through the settings to the item “About phone” (“About device”).
- Click on the line “Build number” / “Model name” 10 times. A notification about the inclusion of developer mode will be displayed.
Fig 3. Settings menu and build number
- Return to the “Settings” item. Click the line “Developer options”. Turn on debug mode. Try connecting your smartphone with TV again. Select the desired pairing method.
Fig 4. Activating USB debugging
If after enabling debugging the problem is not resolved, then you need to use third-party programs to change the connection protocol.
Alternative connection options
In addition to the standard cable connection, there are other ways to connect:
- use an HDMI cable to set up digital data transmission;
- use Wi-Fi to receive wireless transmission, data transmission.
Wireless Connection Guide
You can connect your phone to your LG TV via USB using the built-in Smart Share app. To do this, you will also need to connect both devices to your wireless home network, and then enable Smart Share through the TV settings menu. For cellular, the program is downloaded from the manufacturer’s official website or Google Play. Devices sync similarly to Samsung’s example.
- quick response;
- wide functionality;
- inexpensive Wi-Fi adapter;
- no wires needed.
- some TV models do not support Wi-Fi, since they do not have built-in software for pairing;
- take time to understand the programs.
Changing the connection mode using programs
You can connect your phone to a TV via USB using special programs. If the device does not show connection methods, then you can use third-party software. To do this, you need to install the USB Mass Storage (UMS) program. You can download the application using the Play Market. Supported for Android only.
Connection protocol change guide:
The first step is to enable superuser (root) rights. To do this, you need to enable the debugging described above.
Launch the UMS app. Confirm root permissions.
Fig 5. Request for root rights
Fig 6. Activating the phone as a storage
HDMI connection instructions
- digital connection gives a high-quality picture;
- the ability to broadcast the screen and view any data;
- easy to learn, connect, does not require a lot of time.
- you need to buy additional adapters and cables;
- the use of full functionality requires the installation of special programs;
- poor performance with older equipment models.
In addition to wireless interfaces, there are set-top boxes. This solution is great for those without Wi-Fi. Receivers can be presented as small cards or rectangular boxes. The most common set-top boxes run on the Google TV platform. They support most Android smartphones.
- First of all, the user must purchase an adapter. Typically, this is a micro format connector with HDMI support. Modern consoles have all the main connectors.
- Connect receiver with all image sources.
- Use the “Source” button to switch to the STB.
Usually, set-top boxes have their own control panel. If it is absent, then you can use your cellular.
To correctly connect, the user needs:
- smartphone with Android, IOS, Windows Phone or Chrome OS operating system;
- USB cable supplied with the purchase of a smartphone;
- tv jack.
There are three ways to connect your phone to a TV using a USB cable:
- Connection as an electronic carrier. Allows you to transfer data, move, rename, and open supported files.
- Using the mobile as a media set-top box. Used as a player, plays photos, videos.
- Using wireless interfaces. Most often, the use of a local, remote network is implied.
How to connect phone to LG Smart TV via HDMI
This connection is used very rarely, but we must touch on it. A special cable and possibly an additional adapter are used here. One end of the cable uses an HDMI plug that plugs into a similar jack on your TV, and the other end of the cable uses a plug from your port on your phone. As a rule, this wire is difficult to find, so let’s move on to the most common type of connection. via WI-FI
How to connect your smartphone to your LG Smart TV
There are several ways to connect your smartphone to your LG Smart TV. The article details two of the most common. Other methods are either no longer available or are used very rarely.
Connecting smartphone to LG Smart TV via WI-FI Direct
To play content from a smartphone on a TV, you can use the built-in functionality of the TV. connecting the device to a TV via Wi-fi direct. This technology allows you to connect other devices via a wireless communication channel without using a router.
- Check if the WI-FI direct function is available on the smartphone
- Enable this function in the smartphone setup menu.
- Go to the settings in the “Network” section and then to the WI-FI direct section
- Turn on content sharing
WI-FI direct is not an application, but a function in modern mobile phones. If your smartphone does not support this function, then it is not possible to use it. The connection speed corresponds to a regular WI-FI connection.
Once connected, you can view content from devices using Photos & Videos or Music on TV.
Connecting your phone to a TV via USB
To connect via the USB port on your TV, you need a wire that you usually use to charge your smartphone. In general, it connects in the same way as you connect to a computer in order to drop the necessary media files there.
One end of the wire should have a USB 2.0 Type-A plug, and the other end of the wire should have a plug that fits into your phone. It can be microUSB or miniUsb or whatever, depending on your brand and phone model.
Insert one end of the wire into the phone and the other into the TV through the USB connector. If the connection is valid, the device is connected appears on the TV. In turn, a pop-up window with connection options will appear on your phone. For charging, for example, or for transferring files and images. Choose the second option.
Now, using the Photos & Videos app from the bottom row of the app on your Smart TV screen, you can view your phone’s content. Please note this type of connection is intended only for playing media content from a smartphone to a TV.
How to connect phone to TV via WI-FI LG Smart TV
This is the most popular and simplest connection, and through it you can do the following.
- Play content from smartphone on TV
- Display the smartphone screen on the Smart TV screen or in another way. screen sharing
- Control your TV using it as a remote control
details about each method of connecting your phone to your LG Smart TV via WI-FI can be found in the “Connection Manager”, which is located in the bottom row of applications on the main screen of Smart TV.
The official LG TV Remove app is used to watch content from a smartphone on the TV. Once connected, you can view content such as picture, video or music from Smart devices on your TV. How to download and install it, you can read the article “How to control LG Smart TV from your phone”
Once connected, an icon with the device name will appear on the Smart TV home screen on the right side of the screen. If you make it active using the remote control and clicking “OK”, the link “Content Sharing” will appear. By clicking on it, a screen with the contents of the phone will open. Images, videos and other media content will be presented. You can close this screen using the cross in the right corner of the screen.
The link will appear if your smartphone is active. If the phone goes into sleep mode. a splash screen appears, the link will not appear.
Also in the LG TV Remove application itself in the menu you can find the item “Content on the mobile”. By going to it, all media files distributed by sections will open. By selecting the desired image or video, you can display it for playback on the TV screen.
How to display an image from a phone to a TV via MHL
One of the most modern and convenient wired connections today is MHL. Such a connection is performed using specialized cables or adapters, one side connecting to the micro USB port, and the other to HDMI. Such a pairing is capable of providing not only power to the connected device, but also the highest quality playback, high speed of information exchange.
In the first case, additional power is required, so this MHL cable has a second USB port. The next option is only compatible with devices that both simultaneously support the new MHL standards.
The connection process is similar to HDMI pairing.
Another new development for combining gadgets and TV into one system is called SlimPort. It works with a special adapter, one side connected to the USB telephone port, and the other to the TV receiver connector. Only in this case, when connected, the gadget will not be powered, and it can only be used on devices that mutually support this technology.
Down with wires!
Support for WI-FI Direct technology is today in almost all TVs that have a wireless connection function, and even more so, almost all phones have it. Thanks to this technology, devices are connected to each other without an access point. At the same time, TV sees the phone not as a simple storage device, but as a multimedia device. The process of pairing these two devices is as follows:
- First of all, we turn on Wi-Fi Direct on the mobile gadget. With any version of the operating system, this mode is located in the wireless settings.
- Next, we perform the same actions on TV. The option can be found in the network settings, its location may differ slightly depending on the brand of the device:
- After activating this option, a list of devices available for pairing will appear on the TV monitor. Find your mobile device among them, choose it and wirelessly view anything on the big screen.
Speaking of Wi-Fi Direct, one cannot fail to mention Wi-Fi Mirakast. Miracast is an improved and more advanced technology, so not all devices can support it yet. Mirakast, like Direct, is able to connect gadgets without involving routers.
- Excellent quality of transmission of volumetric information (ideal for watching movies)
- Pairing is protected by WPA2 encryption
- Both the screen of the mobile device and vice versa are displayed
- Easily conveys 3D and surround sound
- Economical battery saving.
Connection instructions are as follows:
- Enabling Miracast Mode in TV Settings.
- Selecting on the phone in the “Screen” section of the TV in the list of available devices for selection.
If your TV receiver does not have Mirakast support, but does have WiDi support, you are also very lucky, you can use it as well. Another good news for those whose devices do not support either the first or the second. there are special adapters that can easily perform the above functions. They look like simple USB sticks of large size, but at the same time they are easy to connect to the HDMI port.
A huge number of brands and brands are represented on the equipment market. Each of them is trying to “capture” a wider audience. So some manufacturers have created standards that make it as easy as possible to pair devices of the same brand.
If you want to connect your Samsung phone to a TV of the same brand, you just need to enable the AllShare function on both gadgets. LG has a counterpart. “Smart Share”. You will find other interesting innovations in such proprietary technologies. For example, there are functions of automatic image quality improvement, prompt conversion of information into a format supported by the TV receiver, even a phone can be used as a remote control. But for this type of device connection, an access point will be needed.
Simple solution how to connect your phone to your TV
For many, the more common option is to connect the phone to the TV using a USB cable. In this case, the device running on the Android platform will be detected as a USB storage device. Through TV, you have access to the internal memory of the gadget, as well as to information on the memory card.
- Insert the cable that comes with it into the mobile device with the micro USB connector, and the other side into the TV port.
- If the phone asks for the choice of the connection mode, click on the item “USB storage”.
- Depending on the model, the TV will need to be switched to a special mode for reading media files. After pressing the button, the selection menu exits.
- We make a choice. Multimedia or USB, and then the file type: it can be video, photo or audio.
- After the files have been viewed, the TV needs to be put into its original mode.
This option will not only help you see what you wanted, but will also charge your mobile device.
HDMI connection of phone to TV
The order of pairing the two devices will be as follows:
- Both devices must be turned off (the TV cable must be disconnected from the outlet);
- The ends of the cable are connected to the jacks;
- Phone and TV are included;
- In the TV receiver menu, select the HDMI port as a signal source, after which the mobile screen is displayed on TV.
In the parameters of this connection, you can specify the frequency and resolution of the image. This connection is very convenient, but there are still some disadvantages. The biggest one. the battery is quickly discharged. So it will be necessary to keep it on a constant charge. In addition, there are old Android devices that do not transmit the entire amount of information via cable, or those that require the installation of an additional application.
If your mobile phone does not have the ability to connect to the HDMI connector, you should stock up on an adapter.
How to connect a smartphone to a TV via USB, HDMI or wirelessly
I think you will agree with me that watching photos and videos in large format is always more fun and easier. It is easy to play multimedia files on the TV, in addition, the phone memory can be used as a flash drive. There are several options for how to connect your phone to a TV via USB and wirelessly, it all depends on your technology and the availability of connection cables.
And what about the “old people”?
Modern TVs, such as LG Smart TVs, easily independently connect to the Internet, through them you can speak on Skype, display photos, videos from a phone or other digital device that supports the wireless DNLA protocol. Samsung Smart TVs also have these capabilities, but the cost of such TVs is usually much higher. In short, it’s good to have a smart TV. there are tons of options for connecting to a new unit, but what should owners of old TVs do? I can reassure you, there are not many options, but they are still there.
A more expensive alternative to such “laces” is a TV set-top box. This is a special device that gives a normal TV receiver Smart functions. There are those that run on the Android OS, and there are also familiar Windows systems. So to the question. is it possible to connect to the old TV, it is easy to give an affirmative answer with confidence. The set-top box will help to make a completely modern computer device out of any TV, which has a lot of interfaces for pairing with third-party devices.
These were the most popular and convenient options, so now you, too, know how to connect your phone to your TV. In fact, it is not difficult, and if you are already on fire with this idea, carefully consider the connectors on your TV, or even better, look at the instructions for the device, then it will immediately become clear which option is ideal for you. Well, in order not to miss valuable information, subscribe to blog updates and you will always be aware of the news. I would be interested to know which pairing method you use.
What to do if the smartphone does not connect to the TV?
Connecting a smartphone and TV involves several effective ways. The user needs to test all the options. And take into account that sometimes the connection does not work due to the banal deformation of the failures, the lack of a network and an incorrectly selected connector on the TV.
The virtual remote control, specially designed for Android phones, can replace the usual remote control for users. This app is installed automatically on Huawei gadgets that support the feature. You need to do the following:
- start “Virtual Remote”;
- Press “”;
- click the device you are using;
- select a brand;
- click on the model name.
Then follow the displayed prompts. A connected app lets you take advantage of its benefits whenever you want.
Why connect your smartphone to TV
At first glance, it is not immediately clear why such devices should be connected to each other. But connecting a smartphone to a TV is necessary for different situations:
- output to a larger display of the included video from a smartphone from any site;
- viewing photos and videos on the big screen;
- broadcasting games;
- using a smartphone as a PC;
- operation instead of a TV remote control;
- other goals.
Synchronizing your smartphone and TV will help you watch your favorite TV shows (movies, entertainment videos, etc.) on the big screen. For comfort on a smartphone, select a resolution so that the picture is displayed qualitatively on TV (taking into account the significant increase in inches).
Photos taken or uploaded on Android are clearly more convenient to watch on TV. This will allow you to take a closer look at the frame, highlight unfortunate moments. Gamers have no idea that a smartphone can be used as a joystick or steering wheel in different games. Try it, it’s really convenient.
Not all phone models allow them to be used as a PC, but by connecting a mobile gadget with a TV, you can significantly increase the functionality of your smartphone. A telephone instead of a TV remote control is an available feature for each model. An infrared port is sufficient for activation. If it is not there, then replacing the remote control with a phone will not work. There are other possible purposes of such synchronization, which the user can determine while testing the synchronization of gadgets. Read about connection methods below.
For a high probability of the success of the process, familiarize yourself with possible problems and methods of solving them.
Chromecast (for TV without Wi-Fi)
If you use Google Chromcast, then you can make Smart from a regular TV or significantly increase the capabilities of a new model. To do this, connect the media player via HDMI, configure via Wi-Fi. Transfer pictures from smartphone to PC wirelessly.
How to Connect Honor and Huawei Phone to TV via USB, Wi-Fi and HDMI
“How to connect Honor and Huawei phone to TV?”. an actual request when a user wants to watch his favorite movies, play games on huge displays, or charge a mobile phone. Connection options are not complicated and varied. The settings are understandable at an intuitive level and even beginners can do it. We tell you in detail how to sync Honor and Huawei smartphones with any TV.
Can I use the remote on my Honor phone permanently?
Controlling the TV using a smartphone is available for an unlimited time. This method greatly facilitates the method of using the gadget, and also saves space on the coffee table. Since the devices in the house can be controlled using your mobile. Its capabilities are not affected, even if you constantly use the application instead of the remote control.
Wi-Fi (SmartTV only)
This connection method is possible if you purchase a SmartTV. To connect via Wi-Fi:
- go to the “Settings” section;
- open “Wireless Networks” (wireless display);
- select Wi-Fi Direct;
- wait until the system finds the device and provides an opportunity to connect.
Choose your TV model carefully so as not to broadcast personal data to your neighbors’ gadget. From now on, with this option you will be able to use your mobile gadget as a multimedia device.
This method is only suitable for Smart. Please note that this amplification option consumes electricity on the phone. But a large number of connectors allows parallel charging.
Transfer video to TV with Vga connector
The second method involves using two adapters, the sockets of which are visible in the photo.
The microusb-HDMI adapter should be connected to the smartphone, connect it with the HDMI-vga adapter, insert the VGa end into a suitable socket on the TV. Thus, the result obtained will be due to the characteristics of the two cables.
How to connect your phone to a TV using a USB cable
The phone and the TV seem to be completely different, incompatible things. But, time is running forward, and technologies and techniques of communication and image transmission are changing. Today many people want to know how to connect a phone to a TV via USB for the following reasons:
- the need to watch videos when the user visits different sites, especially YouTube. A high-quality video is best viewed on a large screen;
- desire to view photographs. The small screen of the mobile phone does not allow you to evaluate the contents of the picture;
- the desire to get a good impression of colorful games launched from a cell phone;
- mismatch between storage capabilities and playback capabilities of high-quality video material on mobile phones.
The fact is that the higher the quality of the video, the larger the file size. Modern phones are endowed with significant amounts of internal memory and support flash drives to increase it. They can store top quality movies. But, movies should not be watched on mobiles, since modern TVs use new technologies for processing frames and images. The screen size allows you to clearly see what is happening.
Compare the impressions after watching a Blu-ray movie if the diagonal is 70 and 3 cm, respectively. (See photo)
But TVs don’t have the ability to store files. Therefore, to enjoy the movie or video you are watching, you need to show the file on a television screen. In this case, the smartphone must be connected to a suitable port.
Ports of the type in question are common, so the answer to the question. is it possible to connect the cell to the TV via USB. obvious. This is possible today. The main methods are described below.
View files from your mobile
Let’s say a mobile or card stores photos or videos that you just need to watch. Then you need a microusb-USB adapter. The TV must have the specified connectors. In this section, you will learn how to connect a mobile phone to the TV using the USB port. You should act like this:
- Plugs cord into microusb phone jack.
- The smartphone will prompt you to select a connection mode. Drive mode selected.
- Using the remote control, the TV is switched to reading media files.
- The “Multimedia”, “USB” or other button is pressed, depending on the TV model.
- When there are no such buttons, click “Source”.
- The Signal Source menu appears. The appropriate section is selected. See an approximate view below.
The connection on the port in question may be interfered with by the file transfer mode setting, which is called MTP. It is often used by default when the smartphone recognizes the connected device. Then you need to configure the boot in drive mode. For this, the following sequence of steps is performed;
- download the Android terminal emulator program;
- we launch it;
- in the window that appears, enter su (superuser);
- you will be prompted for the rights of the main user. We confirm it;
- type the line setprop persist.sys.USB.config mass_storage, adb;
- press the enter key;
- we type reboot, then click the same thing again;
- the phone will reboot.
When you need to put the download again through the aforementioned mode, enter the Android commands:
- Su (confirm);
- Setprop persist.sys USB.config mtp.adb;
When trying to connect, there are two kinds of basic problems. These are device or video file recognition problems.
They are usually caused by the following reasons:
- Incorrect connection. The solution is simple. The connected phone must be reconnected following the instructions.
- Using MTP mode by Android system. It is solved either by the described method, or by replacing the phone firmware.
- The TV does not read video files. This is because this type of technique does not support all file formats. The only way out is to copy the file to a computer and then convert it to a supported format using special programs. The most commonly supported files are mp4 and avi. Sometimes the video is re-shot.
Displaying what is happening on the smartphone on the TV screen
Let’s say a person needs to visit some sites in order to get a good look at their content, or play on a wide screen, using only a mobile and TV source. Roughly speaking, a person wants to reproduce the contents of a phone display on a TV screen. Let’s assume that the phone has a microusb connector and the TV has an HDMI connector. This situation happens often. To solve the described problem, you need to use a microusb-HDMI cable or adapter, by the following sequence of steps:
- we connect the cable to the TV HDMI connector;
- turn on the TV;
- a menu appears. We click the item of the media device;
- choose a suitable HDMI output;
- we start actions with the phone.
Thus, the owner of the smartphone performs the desired actions, and their result is shown on the TV screen.
When choosing an adapter, you should pay attention to such parameters as the type of signal, supported resolutions, surround and compressed sound channels, material of manufacture. Also, compare the number of contacts of the adapter and the phone cable. It is advisable to purchase an adapter with the MHL standard, specially adapted for connecting phones to equipment capable of operating in Full HD mode. A similar adapter charges the device when a video is transferred.
over, some modern models support the new Mhl 3.0 standard. It allows you to transmit a 4K image at a resolution of 3840×2160 and a frequency of 30 frames per second. It supports True HD and DTS HD Ma audio formats used in Blu-ray.
Some brands have implemented the Slimport standard. Here are a number of models that support it:
- LG G2;
- LG G3;
- LG g4;
- Nexus 4;
- Nexus 5;
- Nexus 7 Tablet;
With this type of connection, there is no need to connect power and also do the Android setup. The video is transmitted without decoding, as well as without output delays. However, the standard assumes the use of quality wires. Therefore, it is better not to buy cheap options.
The method of using the phone’s USB port is determined by the purpose of the connection. If you need the TV screen to show the phone screen, then either microusb-HDMI adapters or their combination with HDMI-Vga are used. If you just need to view the file, then a microusb-USB connection is made. The main problems are caused by incorrect file format or MTP settings. Choose the methods of connecting the communication device and television equipment, based on the needs.
How to connect your phone to a TV via USB?
Now, of course, few people spend a lot of time watching TV shows. this kind of pastime has been replaced by the Internet. But sometimes everyone wants to watch their favorite shows on YouTube on the big screen, or turn on their favorite movie from the gadget. So how do you connect your phone to your TV via USB? Let’s try to figure it out.
When you look at the back of your TV, you will immediately notice the many different connectors. Each of them has its own purpose, because modern TVs have a huge list of possibilities. We will pay special attention to the USB port. A logical question arises: if the TV has such a port, does it mean that mobile devices can be connected to it using a special cable? It really is.
A wide screen connection may also be required for presentations, vacation photos, and many other media from your smartphone. And at first glance it may seem that it is very difficult and almost impossible to connect devices to each other. It’s not like that at all.
The process of connecting via USB is much easier than via the same WI-FI or HDMI. In this case, the user may have a logical question: why not download files from a smartphone to flash memory? Of course, you can always use a USB flash drive or a removable hard drive, but this is inconvenient. in this case, the user’s actions will be as follows:
- Download data from phone to computer;
- Transfer data from computer to flash memory or hard drive;
- Connect to TV and set up flash memory.
As it has already become clear, the process of transferring data using a PC takes too long. Therefore, you can use the Android-based gadget directly. using USB from your phone, you can easily play music, pictures and videos. In this article, we will take a closer look at the connection process, note some important nuances.
Let’s consider the connection process in more detail. There are, of course, some nuances here. It is important that the devices must be compatible with each other. To connect your phone to a TV using a USB cable, follow a few simple steps. To work, we need the following devices:
- smartphone or tablet;
- standard USB cable, it can be part of the charger or be included in the starter kit along with the phone. The cable is usually used to transfer data to a PC;
- the presence of a suitable port on the TV. Most TVs have a widespread USB port, for example, modern LG or Phillips models.
So, the work progress is as follows:
- We connect the cable to the specially prepared USB port of our TV.
- Turn on TV, wait for its interface to load.
- Now that the monitor is turned on, connect the gadget to the second connector of the USB cable. Let’s wait
- sound signal from the gadget.
- The smartphone will give a small notification or open the settings. A window with a connection request will appear before our eyes, as well as a line for selecting parameters.
- In the line, select the item “Mode of operation as a drive”. We choose the same item when connecting the gadget to a PC for data transfer.
- For TV, go to the source settings and click on the “USB adapter” option. Now the smartphone will be perceived by them as a standard storage medium: flash memory or removable hard drive. Check if the data is detected and whether the smartphone is connected.
Of course, the efficiency of the method will depend on the gadget, the TV itself, their system support and compatibility. If the method does not work, then you can always try others. For example, connecting using HDMI. There will be much more opportunities here. This connection is especially convenient for Samsung gadgets. There is also an option for wireless connection via WI-FI, which greatly improves the convenience of data transfer.
The nuances of connecting via USB
This method will not allow “duplicating” the picture from the phone, that is, the device will be perceived only as a data carrier. If you want, for example, to play a game and simultaneously display the process on TV, then a USB connection will not work for you.
But for listening to music or watching a movie, this option is great. You can also show your loved ones your favorite pictures, or demonstrate a presentation. Data management will be carried out through simple manipulations. Modern plasmas have a wide range of possibilities, they are multifunctional and practical. It is worth noting that connecting an Android gadget is very simple and does not even take a few minutes.
The main problem with the method is the fact that not all TVs can easily recognize an Android-based gadget as a flash memory, or a drive. If this error is found, viewing multimedia from your phone will become almost impossible, and you will have to use another method.
Even after switching the phone to other modes, the situation will not change. The most you can do is flip through the photos. Although, in some cases the opposite may happen: only video or audio recordings will be played, or the gadget will not be detected at all.
A separate plus will be charging from the TV. This is quite convenient, because you are viewing the data on the phone while it is charging. The same effect is achieved when connected via USB to a PC.
What to do if the TV does not see the data?
As mentioned earlier, this error is quite common and significantly darkens the experience of using a USB connection. However, in some cases it can be corrected. This does not require additional software or skills, you just need to double-check the connection and change it if necessary.
The main solution to the problem will be to change the type of connection to the TV. So, we proceed as follows:
- Swipe down to call the “shutter” with notifications and alerts.
- Now we select “USB debugging” and go to the settings, where we look at what type of connection is indicated. For example, “Connected as a storage device”.
- After opening the notification, we will scroll through all the types of available connections. Let’s stop our choice either on “Camera (RTR)”, or on “USB-storage”, if such an item is available.
In the event that the connection type is not marked at all, or the settings menu does not load, we proceed as follows. Using a USB cable, connect the smartphone to a laptop or computer to change the connection type. Now let’s reconnect to TV. In most cases, the problem will be resolved.
So, now you know how to properly connect your smartphone using a USB cable. This option is considered one of the easiest, and even a beginner can handle it. However, in case of connection problems, the problem may be not only a hardware failure, but also firmware incompatibility. Therefore, it is worth checking in advance if it is possible to pair the TV and the phone.
In some cases, updating or rolling back Android can help. But the easiest solution to the problem is to connect first to a PC, then to a TV.
Step-by-step instructions for connecting a phone to a TV:
- Connect the cable to the appropriate jack on the back or side of the TV.
- Insert the other end of the cord into the socket of your mobile phone.
- Turn on TV and wait for the download to finish.
- A notification about a new connection will appear on the smartphone screen, you need to select the appropriate options “Use as a memory drive”. In principle, everything is carried out according to the same principle as when connecting a smartphone to a computer.
- Take your TV remote control, open the list of signal sources. Select “USB”.
Now your TV will identify your mobile device as a regular USB flash drive. The corresponding interface will appear on the screen. The work will be carried out as in the case of a regular explorer on a computer or laptop. Using the remote, you can switch between folders and play various files.
Following these instructions, you can connect a tablet to the TV. There are no specific differences.
Connecting smartphone to TV via USB in 5 minutes
Modern TV models with support for the Smart platform are a godsend for the user. Everyone wants to watch their favorite TV shows and movies on the big screen. However, a similar effect can be achieved with the most common device at its disposal. The main thing is to know how to connect your phone to a TV via USB.
This type of sync is significantly different from connecting via HDMI or Wi-Fi. TV will not be used as a second screen. The connected smartphone turns into a regular storage device.
What you need to connect your phone to a TV via USB
Connecting your phone to a TV using a USB cable is as easy as possible. Since smartphones and TVs are equipped with this interface. To sync devices you need:
- regular USB cable;
- mobile gadget based on Android or other OS;
- TV with USB working interface.
The wire is included in the basic package of smartphones, since it is a component of the charger. The main thing is that the connected mobile phone and TV are compatible. Mostly there are no connection problems.
How to display phone content on TV
You can dub video from your phone to your TV only with the help of additional software. Screen Mirroring. This is a proprietary utility from Samsung. Therefore, such a connection is possible, provided that you are using a mobile device and TV from this manufacturer.
- Go to the gadget settings menu.
- Select the section “Smartphone visibility”.
- Activate the Screen Mirroring option by clicking on the corresponding button.
- Open the notification shade. Click on the Smart View Mirroring App icon.
- Take your TV remote control and go to the main menu. Go to the “Screen Mirroring” tab.
- The name of the TV will appear on the screen of the mobile device literally in 2-3 seconds, click on it to start the synchronization process.
This method of connecting a smartphone to a TV is good because the mobile device will be charged during operation. As in cases where the cell is used as a storage device.
What problems can arise
The main difficulty faced by almost all users connecting a smartphone to a TV via USB is problems with supporting content in Avi, MP4 format. Some models do not support these formats, so this nuance must be checked in advance by reading the technical characteristics of the device.
Why does the TV not see the mobile gadget? It is possible that after connecting the cable, the user did not select the appropriate mode on the smartphone (memory storage mode). Also, be sure to check the USB cable in advance.
That’s all you need to know about connecting your smartphone to a TV via USB. It cannot be ruled out that the port is damaged. Violation of the operating conditions of the equipment can lead to oxidation of the contact pad. In such situations, contact the service center for engineers to re-solder the damaged areas.