In order to organize high-quality wireless data transfer between your computer and TV, it is necessary that both devices have built-in Wi-Fi modules, or, in extreme cases, they are external. They must be combined into a single local network, which is provided through a Wi-Fi router.
Check in advance if your TV is DLNA capable. DLNA is a set of universal standards that help you exchange multimedia files, including movies, music, pictures, and so on.
In order to understand whether there is a similar function or not, be sure to refer to the accompanying technical documentation.
For example, all the latest TVs from LG, Samsung, Toshiba are equipped with a similar function. The rest need to be clarified in the instructions.
If you find out that the technology is available, you need to proceed to the next step.
- Configuring the router
- Unplug the router, then plug it back on.
- Connect it in DHCP mode. There is a special button for this, or it can be done in the settings section. Means automatic distribution of network settings.
- Also, you must assign a password that will allow devices to enter the local network.
- Then you need to connect the TV to the local network. To do this, you need to use the remote control.
- Enter the TV menu. Find the item Network.
- Open the tab that is responsible for setting it up. You will see the fields of network connections.
- Activate among them the item Wireless connection.
- From the entire list that opens, select the Wi-Fi network that belongs to you.
- After that, wait for the lengthy connection check to pass. An empty field will appear on the screen, where you must enter the access password that you previously set on the router.
If you are lucky and your router supports WPC technology, then connecting the TV to a Wi-Fi network can be even easier.
- To do this, you need to select the appropriate WPC item in the TV settings and keep this button on the router turned on for a while.
- The device is synchronized and the connection will be built.
- The next step is to install the computer on the media server
To do this, on your computer you need to create several folders where multimedia files intended for playback on TV will be stored.
To do this, you will need any media server program that is simple and convenient for you.
Today there are enough such programs, the most popular of them are AllShare, SmartShare, Plex media server, home media server.
After the program has been installed and launched, it is necessary to perform the setup procedure. Then, you need to move all the necessary media files to these folders.
Now, from the TV screen, you will have access to all the necessary multimedia that can be opened by simply viewing the files on your computer.
All ways to connect a TV to a computer using Wi-Fi
On the Internet, you can find a fairly large number of questions on all kinds of forums devoted to connecting a computer to a TV via a Wi-Fi network. This is done in a situation where it is not possible to connect using an HDMI cable and when using other methods. Let’s find out how quickly, and most importantly, correctly connect the TV to the computer and broadcast any media files to it.
Widi and Miracast
Another popular method, which is a variant of wireless display of multimedia information from a computer directly to the TV screen. In this case, you get access not only to files that will be stored in certain folders, but also to all files that can be played online.
True, such a technology, which is associated with screen mirroring, is very complex, requires a certain resource power from your computer and TV. Therefore, it can only be supported by individual devices that have powerful built-in stuffing.
Check your TV to see if it is equipped with similar advanced playback technology. The TV’s settings or instructions should indicate that it supports Widi / Miracast. If this is not provided, you will have to separately purchase a special adapter that can be connected to HDMI ports.
The technology is related to the fact that the picture that is currently reflected on the screen of your computer will be compressed. This happens as a result of the influence of a special algorithm.
Then, it is mirrored via Wi-Fi to your TV screen. At the same time, you do not need to connect the TV to a local Wi-Fi network, you only need high-quality operation of the TV receiver, which itself organizes a separate network with a personal computer.
- In order to transfer an image, you need to install a special application on your computer, which is called Intel wireless display.
- Check if it was originally installed on your device.
- You start the broadcast mode, after which a reference to the menu appears on the TV screen.
- In the TV menu, activate the Widi / Miracast function.
What errors can occur and how to fix them
Unfortunately, various errors can occur on the way to connecting the computer to the TV via Wi-Fi.
In order to avoid them, you need to know how they are dealt with.
- So, before you open any media file to transfer it to a TV screen, you need to make sure in advance that its resolution is fully and fully supported by the capabilities of the TV. If this is not the case, you must first perform a format conversion and only in this case you will not be disappointed.
- If you have a black screen in front of you, the image still does not appear, you need to check. To do this, you need to find out if your computer and TV are connected to the same network, or for some reason connected to different Wi-Fi networks.
- Perhaps you have not previously checked the drivers, which is why they are not updated, so the connection simply cannot be made. This fact especially affects the connection using Widi, which simply does not work with the old settings.
- If the image suddenly disappears, you need to make sure that the computer remains turned on. It is possible that it is discharged, went into sleep mode, or for some other reason the data transfer was interrupted.
Your attentiveness will help you avoid various mistakes, which means you can easily turn your TV into a full-fledged computer screen.
The other methods are for regular TVs that, unfortunately, do not have a wireless adapter. This applies to TVs that do not have Smart TV functionality. However, they are equipped with a very important HDMI input.
You will need to purchase additional equipment.
For example, it could be Google Chromecast. This device allows you to stream content from all your devices to your TV. Very compact and handy.
Chromecast is a digital media player made by Google. It is entirely designed to play all streaming audio and video files using a Wi-Fi network.
The device appeared back in 2013, but gained true popularity after 2015.
Connects to the HDMI port of the TV. It is powered by connecting through the microusb port built into an external adapter.
The device connects to your home network using a Wi-Fi connection. Also, optimal operation of all applications for iOS, Android, and other applications that were installed in the Google Chrome or Windows browser is supported.
The quality of the image that is transmitted to the TV will mainly depend on the power of the particular computer.
This device has periodic updates to improve the quality of the transmitted image.
Also, an Android mini PC is suitable for purchase. This device looks very much like a USB flash drive, easily connects to any port of the TV and works fully, displaying the Android system, which is familiar to us from mobile devices.
Looks like a TV box or mini box, the size of a small device.
Has its own operating system, which gives the TV all the functions of a computer.
Its main advantages are portability, small size and functionality. In addition, you will be pleased with the cost, which is not at all high, and even lower than the price of a wireless media player from Google.
Also, since 2019, a special intel compute stick mini-computer has been on sale that runs on Windows. It easily connects to HDMI port.
Today, there are several ways to connect a computer to a TV. Each of them is relevant for one or another of the prevailing circumstances. much depends on the TV, and most importantly, on its functionality. Some TVs can indeed connect to various functions, therefore, the transfer of information from the computer to the screen will not present any difficulties. And sometimes, this process is seriously complicated due to the fact that some important functions are missing.
Let’s consider the most common ways.
List of required equipment for connection
In order to transfer video from a computer to a TV, it is necessary to carry out preparatory work. Namely, prepare the necessary equipment that is required to connect.
First, make sure your TV and computer are working properly. Unfortunately, even large household appliances are short-lived and fail over time. There is a high probability that your computer has viruses, so you should first clean it, and sometimes even format the disks.
The same goes for the TV. Be sure to make sure that it is serviceable, working. It is possible that it has long ceased to respond to some functions, so do not be surprised that even if you purchase additional equipment and carry out a large amount of work, you will not be able to achieve the desired result. This is a consequence of equipment wear and tear, and as a result, its complete unusability.
- Connecting a TV to a computer requires a built-in Wi-Fi module in your Smart TV. Unfortunately, in its absence, network connection is simply impossible, so check in advance whether your device supports this technology or not.
- And of course, don’t forget about your Wi-Fi router. It should work normally, not reset the network, and also, thanks to the residual power in order to distribute Wi-Fi not only to the computer, but also to the TV.
- If you are using a laptop, you can exhale. Almost all of them are equipped with modern hardware and built-in Wi-Fi modules.
- But even if not, don’t despair. It is still possible to transfer the image over the Wi-Fi network, however, for this you will have to purchase a special adapter for the TV, which will help to display the image.
Most often, such an adapter is made in the form of a system unit with an antenna or an external USB module. From the outside, you might think that this is an ordinary flash drive. It is connected to the USB connector of the TV, after which it is activated in the settings of the device using the menu button.
Be sure to pay attention to the version of the Wi-Fi standard that this module will support. Stay on the most current version to date. The more current the version, the higher its bandwidth, and also, the more likely there will be no delays at the time of transferring an image from a computer to a TV via Wi-Fi.
Important! Remember to update your drivers before connecting. This must be done on absolutely all network devices that will be used.
Remember that you need a good Wi-Fi network to transfer images from your computer to your TV. Unfortunately, if your network speed is at its lowest, you won’t be able to enjoy high-quality images. It will jump, lag behind, in the end, it may simply not be played on the big screen. Therefore, be sure to check what the Wi-Fi signal strength is. Also, sometimes the operator, offering various tariffs, greatly underestimates the speed, and instead of the promised 160 megabits per month, users use only 30, or even less. Be sure to measure the speed of your Internet in advance, and if it is lower than stated in the tariff, submit requirements for increasing the speed by your company to the supplier.
Connecting via Miracast
With the help of Miracast technology, you can not only watch videos from the HDD / SSD of a computer from a shared folder, but also broadcast the contents of the PC screen in full. Those. use the TV as a wireless monitor.
The first option involves using the built-in Windows functionality:
- Use the Win P key combination to open the side panel for projection settings. Select the checked item.
- Now you need to wait for the end of the search. If the TV was turned on in advance, the device will be found quickly and will appear in the list.
- In parallel with this, an image will appear on the second display. You can customize the display directly from this panel or in the way described at the beginning of the article.
With a stable signal and connection speed, you will get the perfect picture. However, to use this technology, a sufficiently powerful computer is required.
How to connect a PC or laptop to a TV
If you want to watch a movie or play on a big screen, the best thing to do is connect your computer to your TV and enjoy the big picture. In this article, you will learn how to display a picture from a PC on a TV screen using wires and via Wi-Fi.
To open the window with the parameters of monitors and images, you must do the following:
- Right-click on an empty space on the desktop and select “Display Settings” from the menu.
- In the “Display” tab, you will see a “map” with all connected monitors. In Windows 10, they are denoted by ordinal numbers.
- If the connected TV was not detected by the computer, then try to start the scan manually by clicking the “Detect” button.
- To understand which display is the monitor and which TV, click on “Define”.
- A plate with the corresponding number will appear in the corner of the screen. This will help you determine which screen you are setting up.
- Often, the image on the TV screen is not automatically optimized for diagonal and resolution, especially when it comes to old technology. In this case, you will have to manually adjust the resolution. To do this, scroll down the “Options” window and find the appropriate item.
- You can set the highest resolution that Windows allows, so that the picture on a large display is as high quality as possible.
- Also in Windows it is possible to expand screens (2 desktops), duplicate them or leave only one working. Convenient functionality if you need to quickly change the image.
If you have a tube or CRT TV and it will be connected through tulips, then the variability in setting the picture quality is minimal. Modern devices have proprietary software (for example, LG Smart Share), the ability to connect a Smart TV set-top box, and much more. This expands the operational capability. You can also connect your TV wirelessly.
Play movies and videos via DLNA
If your TV does not support Wi-Fi Direct, then all devices must be connected to the same router. You can find out about the availability of this function from the documentation or on the Internet at the manufacturer’s website. Most modern devices Samsung, LG, Philips, Lenovo, Sony Bravia and others support Wi-Fi Direct.
The easiest option is to organize a “computer-router-TV” chain. To do this, your router must support DHCP mode. To enable it, you need to do the following (using the ASUS router as an example):
- Open the IP address of the router in your browser. You can find it out from the documentation for the device. Enter data for authorization.
- In the DHCP server settings, you must enable this function and save the changes. After that, the router will be rebooted.
Now you need to establish a connection between the two devices. First, you need to set up a media server on your PC. It is best to use proprietary software from your TV manufacturer. For example, Samsung has PC Share Manager or SmartShare, Lenovo has Lenovo Cast, and Sony Bravia has VAIO Media Server. You can find them freely available on the manufacturers’ websites. However, you can also use the built-in Windows functionality, which will be discussed below.
- Launch Media Streaming Options window.
- Next, you need to enter the name of the library with multimedia files (1). A device connected to the same local network via a router will be displayed below. In this case, this device is a Sony Bravia TV. Instead, the name will be “Samsung”, “Philips”, LG or others.
- Then you must configure the content to be available in the shared folders. You can leave everything at default and complete the setup.
If you open the corresponding application on the TV, you will see there available folders from the PC. Now let’s figure out how to add our own directories to the public, since not all users store video and audio in standard Windows folders. To link your personal libraries with movies and music, you need to do the following:
- Start Windows Media Player.
- Right-click on the “Video” section and select “Video Library Management”.
- In the window that opens, click on “Add”.
- Select a directory with clips or movies and then click “Add folder”.
Done! The selected directory is now available for use by DLNA devices. Restart your TV and check for folders.
Now you know what methods you can use to connect your TV to a personal computer or laptop. It can be used not only as a second monitor, but also for watching movies and videos separately via DLNA.
Connecting a regular TV without built-in Wi-Fi
To connect PC and TV, you need an external Wi-Fi adapter or Smart TV set-top box. One of these devices is needed if your TV lacks proprietary software and interfaces.
To connect, you can use any Wi-Fi adapter that connects to the device via USB:
There are also external HDMI or USB set-top boxes that allow you to run the Android operating system on a TV screen and connect with third-party devices over the air.
The second option is to connect via a regular Bluetooth adapter. Both the computer and the TV must be equipped with this device. The PC must also have proprietary software from the adapter manufacturer installed.
The easiest way to connect a computer and a TV is to connect them to each other using a special cable. In this case, you do not need special settings or programs, since the PC defines external output devices in the same way, whether it is a computer monitor or a full-fledged TV. The only difference is in the cord through which the devices will be connected.
Modern TVs use digital outputs, which in most cases are similar to the connectors on the motherboard of a PC or laptop. The most common option is HDMI. An example of such a connector is shown below. Also on the back of the video card or on the motherboard there are VGA or DVI ports.
If the second device has only one of the presented ports, then get a converter (adapter). You can purchase an adapter HDMI. VGA, HDMI. DVI and so on.
If we are talking about an analog method of connection (through a tulip), then you cannot do without an adapter, since the RCA format is not supported by computers. An example of connectors is shown below.
Correctly connected wire to one and the second device will give a positive result: the image will appear simultaneously on two screens. Modern Windows operating systems are capable of automatically detecting connected devices without installing additional drivers. After that, you need to configure the picture through the parameters of the operating system.
Possible Sound Difficulties
If, in addition to the image, you want to broadcast sound, then its parameters must be set separately. This requires:
- Right-click on the sound icon on the taskbar and select “Playback devices”.
- Find the TV-related device in the list. Right click on it and select the marked item in the menu.
We use the WIDI or Miracast function
Let’s move on to the next method. It allows you to use your TV as a monitor. You will be able to watch videos that are broadcast in the PC browser.
Note that this method requires significant computer resources. Older models won’t be able to use it.
The TV must also have a widi or miracast function. If it is not there, then purchase an adapter that connects to the HDMI port.
For this method, you do not need to connect the TV device to the local network.
To start using the TV as a screen, you need to install the “Intel Wireless Display” application. Set it up and start streaming. Don’t forget to activate the WIDi or Miracast function on the TV itself.
This completes the connection of the TV to the computer via WI-FI.
TV is a convenient platform for viewing multimedia stored on a PC. To do this, you need to connect these devices. This is done using the two different methods given above. We hope you understand how to connect your TV to your computer via WI-FI.
How to connect a TV to a computer via Wi-Fi
Earlier, I wrote about how to connect a TV to a computer in different ways. but the instructions were not about wireless Wi-Fi, but about HDMI, VGA and other types of wired connection to the output of the video card, as well as setting up DLNA (this will be discussed in this article as well).
This time I will describe in detail the various ways to connect a TV to a computer and a laptop via Wi-Fi, while several areas of application of a wireless TV connection will be considered. for use as a monitor or for playing movies, music and other content from a computer’s hard drive. See also: How to transfer image from Android phone or tablet to TV via Wi-Fi.
Almost all of the described methods, with the exception of the last one, require the TV to support Wi-Fi connection (that is, it must be equipped with a Wi-Fi adapter). However, most modern TVs Smart TVs can do this. The instructions are written for Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10.
What is needed to connect a PC to a TV device
WI-FI network assumes the function of data exchange. First, make sure that the TV device and PC support this feature.
Most Smart TVs already have a built-in Wi-Fi adapter. There are also models that will require the purchase of additional equipment. So, if the TV is not equipped with built-in WI-FI, we purchase a special adapter. It can be built-in or external. The best option for a TV is a built-in type. Its price depends on the availability of antennas and network coverage. Do not chase professional equipment, choose an option at an average price.
Important: the receiver should be purchased from your TV manufacturer. Otherwise, the connection of the computer to the TV will fail, and you will waste time and money.
Let’s move on to the second equipment. If you are going to connect the TV to a laptop, then there will be no problems. Modern laptops are equipped with a WI-FI receiver.
If you are the owner of a stationary computer, then you need a WI-FI receiver. In contrast to the case with the TV, it is recommended to select the built-in adapter here. It is not as convenient as an outdoor one, but it provides a large signal coverage area.
Please note that a WI-FI router can be used instead of the receiver.
These devices do not need to be purchased if they are already built into TV and PC.
Methods for connecting TV to a computer via wi-fi
We continue to consider the topic of how to connect a computer to a TV via WI-FI. If your devices have the necessary functions, then let’s move on to choosing a connection method:
- DLNA technology. Produced using a LAN network. Provides for the use of a router.
- Using WIDI or Miracast function.
The first method allows you to view multimedia files that are stored on your PC. No additional action can be taken.
The second method is more extensive in use: a TV device is used as a monitor and allows you to view what is happening on the computer. Note that older PCs will not work with this method. Requires significant system resources and an operating system of at least Windows 8.1.
Let’s move on to a more detailed consideration of each of the methods.
We connect the TV to the computer via DLNA. First, let’s read the documentation for your device. If it supports DLNA functions, then we perform further configuration.
How to view your Windows 10 Laptop on a LG TV Wirelessly
We check the performance of Wi-Fi receivers on both devices. If no errors occur, the TV is connected to the PC via a local network. Use a router for this.
- You need to connect and run a Wi-Fi router. We switch the mode of its operation to DHCP. We indicate the key of the local network and remember it.
- Open the TV settings, where we find the item “wireless connection”. We select the desired network to connect. If it is not found, then update the list. Next enter the password.
- We return to the PC. Download a program for storing multimedia. The best option is SmartShare or another similar program. Download, launch and configure it. After that, folders with files will appear on the TV.
If you do everything right, you can watch any multimedia using TV via WI-FI.
TV as a wireless monitor (Miracast, WiDi)
If the previous section was about how to play any files from a computer on a TV and have access to them, now we will talk about how to broadcast any image from a computer or laptop monitor to a TV via Wi-Fi, that is, use its like a wireless monitor. Separately on this topic Windows 10. How to enable Miracast in Windows 10 for wireless broadcast to TV.
The two main technologies for this are Miracast and Intel WiDi, with the latter reportedly becoming fully compatible with the former. Note that such a connection does not require a router, since it is installed directly (By Wi-Fi Direct technology).
- If you have a laptop or PC with a 3rd generation Intel processor, Intel Wireless Adapter and Intel HD Graphics, then it must support Intel WiDi in both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. You may need to install Intel Wireless Display from the official website http://www.intel.com/p/ru_RU/support/highlights/wireless/wireless-display
- If your computer or laptop was preinstalled with Windows 8.1 and equipped with a Wi-Fi adapter, then they must support Miracast. If you installed Windows 8.1 yourself, you may or may not be able to support it. No support for previous OS versions.
And finally, support for this technology is also required from the TV. Until recently, it was required to purchase a Miracast adapter, but now more and more TV models have built-in support for Miracast or receive it during the firmware update process.
The connection itself looks like this:
- The TV must have support for Miracast or WiDi connection enabled in the settings (it is usually enabled by default, sometimes there is no such setting at all, in this case, the Wi-Fi module is enough). On Samsung TVs, the feature is called Screen Mirroring and is located in the network settings.
- For WiDi, launch the Intel Wireless Display program and find the wireless monitor. When connected, you may be prompted for a security code that will be displayed on the TV.
- To use Miracast, open the Charms bar (on the right in Windows 8.1), select Devices, then Projector (Transfer to Screen). Click on the “Add a wireless display” item (if the item is not displayed, Miracast is not supported by the computer. Updating the Wi-Fi adapter drivers may help.). details on the Microsoft website: http://Windows.microsoft.com/ru-ru/Windows-8/project-wireless-screen-miracast
I note that I could not connect my TV via WiDi from a laptop that exactly supports the technology. There were no problems with Miracast.
how to connect a computer to a TV via WI-FI
Smart TVs are equipped with many useful features. They allow you to watch videos, movies and other multimedia. A few more items can be added to this list if you use the additional capabilities of your device. Now we will talk about how to connect a TV to a computer.
Connecting an Android smartphone to a PC via Wi-Fi
Connecting an Android smartphone to a PC via a wireless network
A smartphone often has to be connected to a computer. mainly in order to upload some files to it or download a photo or video from it (note that it is still more convenient to download photos and videos automatically using some cloud service like Dropbox).
There are such ways, there are! over, the types of connections may be different. not only for downloading files, but also, for example, to display information from the smartphone display on the monitor screen, to access other phone data, and so on.
But first, let’s talk about a wireless connection for downloading files one way or the other.
The easiest way, which does not require the installation of any additional programs on your PC. this is WI-FI File Transfer app from Google Play.
Install it on your smartphone, launch it. The application displays the Internet address that you need to type in the address bar of your browser on the PC. The computer and smartphone, of course, must be on the same local network.
Type this address in your browser. and you get to the file manager, which displays the contents of the memory of your smartphone.
Photos, pictures and videos can be displayed separately. Dragging and dropping files with the mouse only works one file at a time, but when you click the Download button, the application can zip the selected folders and download them in bulk to the Downloads folder.
In the application on the smartphone in the settings, you can make this program automatically start when connected to a specific network. and then a smartphone in this network will be available from the browser constantly.
The second option is also very simple. access via FTP. In this case, you get access to the folders of the smartphone directly in the explorer.
To do this, you need to launch remote access via FTP on your smartphone. Some manufacturers have this feature built right into the file explorer, but if this is not the case, then you just need to install the free ES Explorer program. In it, in the menu, open the Network. Remote access.
And there they will write to you the address that you need to drive into the PC in the explorer window in order to work with the smartphone’s memory as with a regular disk.
The third option is much more advanced. using the MyPhoneExplorer program. For a smartphone, you need to download and install MyPhoneExplorer Client.
And for a Windows PC, you need to download the MyPhoneExplorer server program, which you can take, for example, here. At the first start, select the type of connection.
Well, after that, the pairing with the phone takes place. And here not only files become available to you, but also contacts (which can be saved in this program on a PC), calls, calendar and messages.
And here you can work with standard copy-paste just completely, simply by dragging and dropping files and groups of files with the mouse into the destination folder.
All SMS. The program can save in its archive the SMS that you deleted from the phone.
Well, you can work with the calendar here. view events, add new ones and so on.
In the application on the smartphone in the settings, you can make this program automatically start when connected to a specific network. and then a smartphone on this network will be available permanently to the PC when the corresponding application is launched.
Broadcast from smartphone to monitor or TV
Often it is necessary to broadcast what is happening on the smartphone screen to the big screen. monitor, TV.
There are a lot of programs for this, I use Screen Stream Mirroring Free.
She knows how to stream from a smartphone to a monitor (via a web browser), media players, Chromecast devices, UPnP, DLNA and Miracast.
Install the program on your smartphone, launch it. It displays you the address that you need to drive into the browser.
Enter the address in your browser. the broadcast went. over, on a smartphone, you can turn on the microphone and broadcast what this microphone says to the computer speakers.
If you have Google Chromecast or a similar device installed on your TV, you can use this program to connect to your TV as well. you just need to select the type of connection in the menu.
Here is an image on the TV from my smartphone, with which I am taking pictures of the TV at this moment.
So, as you can see, the smartphone does not have to be connected to the computer with a cable. there are more convenient ways to exchange information wirelessly.
With Wi-Fire mobile Internet you can communicate online, follow the news while on the road
Selecting, connecting and configuring a Wi-Fi adapter
Let’s figure out how to connect a desktop computer to Wi-Fi with the least chance of problems during the connection process.
Let’s decide on the type of Wi-Fi module used. The newer the stationary computer and the “fresher” the operating system installed on it, the higher the chance that the device will be recognized by the system and will work without additional settings. To exclude the possibility of problems with drivers, we recommend that you contact your provider, and, regardless of the choice in favor of an external or internal module, purchase a device accompanied by a set of drivers that ensure its operation.
For most situations, using an external Wi-Fi module as a solution to the question of how to connect a computer to Wi-Fi wirelessly is the most preferable one. Therefore, further connection will be considered primarily for external modules.
- Connect an external Wi-Fi adapter to your PC’s USB port. We recommend choosing the port located on the back of the computer.
- After the device is detected by the system, it will notify you of the required actions. If, according to our recommendations, you have chosen a Wi-Fi adapter complete with drivers for your operating system. insert the disc into the CD / DVD drive and follow the autoloader instructions.
- Restart your computer after finishing driver installation.
- After rebooting, find the icon of a working wireless adapter in the lower right corner of the desktop and double-click on it. In the menu that opens, select your home wireless network by name and enter the password to access it.
- Congratulations! If accessing sites via Wi-Fi is fine, you’ve just made sure that you can connect your computer to Wi-Fi without having to use the services of a network engineer.
How to connect a PC to Wi-Fi: what is the problem and how to solve it
After building a home Wi-Fi network that unites laptops, mobile phones and tablets, the owner of a stationary personal computer has a question: how to connect a computer to Wi-Fi. Most often, such a PC was previously connected directly to a network cable, and it does not have a built-in wireless module.
You can solve the problem in the following ways:
- installation of an additional router, followed by a wired connection to the PC. Advantages. the ability to significantly increase and improve the quality of wireless home Internet coverage. The main disadvantages are the high cost of the router; experience with configuring bridge-type routers is required;
- Another option for connecting a PC to Wi-Fi is to connect the built-in Wi-Fi module. In doing so, you create a stable wireless connection between the PC and the wireless network. The only drawback is the need to dismantle the cover of the system unit and the skills to install devices into the PCI bus;
- the best option is to use an external Wi-Fi module, also known as a “Wi-Fi flash drive” or “whistle”. Its advantages are a low-cost solution, does not require special skills, and provides stable computer access to the network.
Frequently asked Questions
Benefits of Built-in Wi-Fi Connectivity?
Most computers detect them and find the drivers they need to work, regardless of the operating system. Since such modules are equipped with additional antennas, they can also be recommended for networks in which a stationary PC is located at a considerable distance from the router.
Is there an alternative way to connect a PC to Wi-Fi?
Residents of Moscow and the Moscow region using the Wi-FiRE Internet provider can, instead of independently setting up access to Wi-Fi networks from stationary PCs, call a network engineer to professionally install internal or external Wi-Fi adapters, install drivers, set up and connect a stationary PC to a Wi-Fi network.Fi.
Call by phone and get a free consultation and selection of an adapter with subsequent installation and configuration of the device in a PC at a convenient time for you!
The tariffs and services of Net By Net Holding LLC may be changed by the operator. Full up-to-date information on tariffs and services. in the “tariffs” section or by phone indicated on the website.