Checking iPhone 7 for authenticity through the website
A more reliable way to authenticate an iPhone is to check your smartphone through the official Apple website. You don’t have to disassemble or turn on your iPhone to do this. We need to verify the serial number on the box with the serial number on the website. The iPhone number is its IMEI, and there is also a batch number. Part No. As already mentioned, the serial number has about 11-12 numbers and letters. Also keep in mind that the date of sale is very important, which is why it appears on the box. In the program, enter the device number and batch number, and also enter the date of sale.
If everything is correct, the program will give information about the iPhone registered on the official website. Using the information stored on the site, you can punch information about the authenticity of the smartphone for free for 3 months, if the iPhone is older. the information is provided for a fee. If the iPhone is original, using the service you can find it in the database.
How to check iPhone for authenticity by serial number and IMEI ?
Unfortunately, the mobile market is overflowing with fake mobile devices. It’s not about Bosch and Apple’s iPhone market. Outwardly, original cases are used in the forgeries, but the “filling” does not correspond to the original device. Various additional functions do not work in fakes and it is impossible to get support for programs installed on them.
All official iPhones are certified and have a warranty card from the telecom operator. And those iPhones that are locked (unlocked) cannot have a warranty and cannot use certified software.
Locked phone or “locked”. a phone that only supports SIM cards of a certain operator. If the term “unlocked” or “unlocked” phone is used, this means that the device can work with any SIM card and is not tied to a specific telecom operator.
If the iPhone 7 is unlocked, then some Apple software products, such as iCloud, Cydia, cannot be installed from official sources.
In any iPhone, the Russian language is configured automatically, which cannot be said about the unlocked iPhone 5S, where it will not be so easy to install the Russian language. When the iPhone 5S is unlocked, it is not subject to warranty service, since in Russia only Beeline and MTS, which are the suppliers of iPhones, provide direct maintenance under warranty. They carry out the guarantee on special coupons with the assistance of Apple. Hence, other warranty cards are a sign of a jailbroken iPhone. How to verify a hand-bought iPhone for authenticity?
If you bought a jailbroken iPhone 6 or 7 in the market, then maybe the six will be on the list of stolen phone devices. Then the iPhone 6S will not only be unable to update software products and the system, but will be completely blocked. This means that you have purchased an unnecessary thing: he will not be able to call or perform other functions. Only the owner can unlock the iPhone. How to check iPhone upon purchase?
How to Check iPhone Orginal or Refurbished or Fake?
Serial number check
To check the warranty and get other useful information, as they say, “first-hand”, go to the Apple website at this link. You will see a page with the words “Verify eligibility for service and support” with a field in which you need to enter the serial number of the equipment, then the captcha, and click “Continue”.
As you can see in the screenshot above, this way you can quickly check the Apple warranty, which is important if the seller assures you that it is still valid. Thus, you can verify this yourself.
Step-by-step instructions for checking iPhone by IMEI on the Apple website
This action is carried out in several elementary steps. Perform each of them in turn.
- We find the IMEI of the device. This should not cause any particular difficulties, you can see it on the back cover of the gadget or in the settings menu. details about this. here.
- We open a special section for verification on the Apple website. Enter the previously found serial number and click the “Continue” button.
- Examining the results.
Here you can see the model and color of the device, find out when the phone support and warranty expires. Also, in the same section, a notification will be provided about the need to carry out the activation procedure, if one has not been done earlier.
Already on the basis of this information, one can draw conclusions about the originality of the iPhone (although there are simpler ways for this), determine whether the case has changed and whether the serial number really corresponds to this particular model.
Helpful advice! The presented instructions allow you to check not only the iPhone, but also other “apple” devices: iPad, Mac computers, Apple TV set-top boxes, Airpods wireless headphones, as well as some additional accessories.
P.S. Did the data on the Apple website coincide in reality? Like it”! Not? Write in the comments!
How to check iPhone 4s for authenticity
In order not to be mistaken and to determine the originality of the iPhone not by external signs, but for sure, you need to track whether the iPhone has been checked for signs of originality before buying. First, find out the serial number through the smartphone settings by reading the information “About the device”.
International mobile phone verification service SNDeepInfo
For more detailed information about the device, there is another popular service. SNDeepinfo. If the result is not displayed when entering the serial number, you should think about the originality of the gadget and postpone its purchase. Consider the step-by-step instructions:
- Go to the official website of the SNDeepinfo service.
- Make sure that the “Apple” column is highlighted in the panel above the line for entering the IMEI code. Next, enter the personal code of the gadget in the appropriate line and put a tick in front of the inscription “I am not a robot”. This is a standard spam check. Press the button “Continue”.
- At the top of the page, there will be a picture in the style of a warranty sticker. It contains the phone model, its IMEI, as well as information about whether it is stolen.
On a free basis, this service provides information about the technical characteristics of the device, the decoding of the IMEI code, the color and the originally intended sales region.
To find out which countries the iPhone is adapted for, you must enter the letters of the phone model on the same website, as shown in the screenshot below.
In order to find out the phone model, you need to go to “Settings”. “General”. “About this device”. In the menu that appears, there will be a corresponding line “Model”. On the site, you need to enter only two penultimate letters (circled in the screenshot below).
Enter the data and get the following result:
For a fee, on the same service, you can find out additional information about your iPhone:
- country of purchase;
- the name of the organization that issued the sale;
- the estimated and registered date of purchase of the device;
- information about the status of the “Find my iPhone” function;
- iCloud information.
If you prepared in advance to buy an iPhone of a certain version, then you probably know how much diagonal it has. Genuine iPhone features a 3.5-inch diagonal. Knowing this, you can measure the device with a special inch ruler. Find out detailed information about the smartphone conveniently through its settings.
How to check iPhone by IMEI
How to find IMEI on iPhone? Elementary. To do this, you just need to enter the command # in the “Phone” application. IMEI will instantly appear on the screen:
This is how the iPhone IMEI is displayed after entering the command #
If the iPhone is packed, you can see the IMEI on the package:
IMEI was found, now it remains to punch it and find out additional information. This can be done using the following services:
Just go to one of the listed sites and enter the IMEI of the smartphone in the check field. Verification is performed in just a few seconds.
How to check iPhone by serial number and IMEI on Apple official website
Check iPhone by name and serial number.
When buying an iPhone off-hand, you need to be extremely careful. Fraudsters are trying to sell various kinds of fakes on the secondary market, without checking which there is a chance to remain at a broken trough. How to check iPhone by name and serial number on the official Apple website was described in this manual.
How to check iPhone by serial number on Apple official website
Go to the special page of the Apple website to check the iPhone by serial number (link).
Enter your iPhone serial number in the field and click “Continue”.
Wait for the results page to load and read the information received.
? What does the iPhone serial number check give
What information allows you to find out this page?
You are convinced that the iPhone is truly original. If Apple’s verification service recognizes the iPhone, then it is 100% original.
The exact iPhone model is determined. Very often in the secondary market, scammers try to sell iPhone 6 under the guise of iPhone 6s, iPhone 7 under the guise of iPhone 8, etc. They rely on inexperienced buyers. On the Apple website, it will definitely become clear which iPhone model you have in your hands.
The status of the guarantee is being clarified. Apple’s service accurately answers the question of whether the iPhone is under warranty. Often unscrupulous sellers lie about the guarantee. They say that the official smartphone warranty is still valid, although in reality it is not. A quick check through the Apple website and you know it all.
The verified purchase date is checked. And last but not least, the service makes sure that the iPhone is officially purchased, not stolen. This is very important as a verified purchase date will allow you to contact Apple support for any questions.
How to find your iPhone serial number
? In order to get more information about the iPhone, we need the serial number of the device. You can get it in various ways, for example, look on the back cover of the device (or on the SIM card tray in older models), but the easiest way is to go to the settings.
Go to the menu “Settings” → “General”.
Select “About device”.
Find the line “Serial number”. It contains the serial number of the iPhone.
The serial number was obtained, it remains only to check it on the Apple website.
? What does the iPhone check by name give??
The status of the iPhone is determined: stolen or not. The main thing that the IMEI check shows is the status of the device. If the iPhone is lost or stolen by its real owner, then the check will warn about this. There is no need to buy an iPhone that is reported lost or stolen. Only if for spare parts.
The result of iPhone punching by IMEI. We see that the smartphone is already without a guarantee, but it has not been stolen or lost
How to Check if iPhone is Refurbished or New?
The country of purchase is determined. The IMEI identifies the exact model number of the iPhone. It is necessary in order to check which country the smartphone is intended for sale in.
Model number lets you know where the iPhone is from
The status of Find iPhone is shown. Also, IMEI check allows you to find out if the “Find iPhone” function is enabled on the iPhone right now. If it is enabled, then the seller must be asked to sign out of his iCloud account.
Please rate 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Subscribe to us Telegram. In contact with. Instagram YouTube.
How to find out if your iPhone is locked
Apple smartphones for interaction with telecom operators are divided into several types:
- Devices working with a specific telecom operator (lock). By purchasing this device, the buyer enters into an agreement with the company, according to which he must use the services of only one telecom operator.
- Devices that work with any telecom operators (neverlock). This is the usual way of interacting with operators. Such devices are sold by most official Apple retailers.
- Devices that were previously locked (softunlock). Some Apple smartphones, which have been locked, get rid of this limitation by service center workers by flashing. Device unlocked by software gets neverlock parameters.
Locked devices are cheaper than conventional devices, but this limitation will cause many problems for the user in the future. You can find out if a particular iPhone is locked at iphoneox.com. To do this, the IMEI of the device is entered in electronic form on the service page. After processing the entered data, the service will give a detailed response to the request.
If the device has been flashed, it can also cause communication problems. The fact that the iPhone belongs to the softunlock category is indicated by the seller’s strong recommendations not to update IOS and the long process of connecting to the network after a reboot.
Checking physical buttons
Keys should do their job well and respond appropriately to pressing. The mute key in normal state easily slides up and down and does not wobble. It is recommended to carefully check the home key, to perform all available tasks with it: turn off, unlock, return to the home page, open applications. It is desirable that this key works perfectly, responds to commands after the first touch, does not freeze in operation.
Volume buttons should not hang when interacting with them. The lock key is required to immediately execute the command.
How to check if the phone was drowned in water or not
If the mobile device has been exposed to rain or drowned, guaranteed problems await the buyer. Even if the iPhone works right now, in a few weeks it will fail due to metal corrosion. In addition, the customer loses the opportunity to repair the device under warranty if it has been exposed to moisture. You can find out about the fact of damage to your smartphone by moisture using a special sensor. a moisture indicator. If moisture gets on the internal elements of the smartphone, this sensor takes on a bright red color instead of gray. The indicator is located on the end of the smartphone.
Checking the warranty for the IPhone
This task is performed according to the following algorithm:
Checking the quality of the connection, the operation of the speakers and the microphone
To check the quality of communication, you need to install a SIM card of any operator in the device and make a call. It is important that the buyer of the smartphone can hear the person on the other end of the mowing line well and do not experience any discomfort in communication. If audibility is good, this indicates that the microphone is working properly. Then you need to connect to the mobile Internet, evaluate the quality of the browser, the speed of the pages opened by the program.
The speaker is checked by turning on any melody from those in the smartphone’s memory. If there is no interference, unnecessary noise and rustling, the speaker is working properly. Another indicator of speaker health is comfortable audibility by the user to his interlocutor.
Testing the Iphone screen
To check the IPhone screen, open several applications one by one, restart the device. If black dots are visible on the screen, the buyer is dealing with dead pixels. If irregularities are felt when pressed, a crunch is heard, the original screen has been replaced with a lower-quality analogue.
It is also worth paying attention to the correctness of color rendering, brightness and contrast indicators.
Checking the operation of cameras
First of all, the camera should be checked for external damage: scratches and chips. Then you need to take some photos with the front and main cameras. If the colors of the captured images are not accurate, this indicates damage to the camera sensor.
Serial Number Authentication
The serial number can be found on the box and in the documentation. Since this information is easy to compromise, it is best to focus on the one that is indicated in the settings of the smartphone itself. Where to find the iPhone serial number:
- Go to the settings menu and open the “General” block. Here find the item “Information about this device” (section names may differ depending on the version of iOS).
- Detailed information about the iPhone will open. Here, copy the information from the item “Serial number”. It is with its help that you distinguish an iPhone from a fake.
- Open the official Apple website. If necessary, change the language of the web page to Russian (in the upper right corner).
- At the bottom of the page, find the item “Support” or “Support”. On the tab that opens, click on the blue inscription “Check the right to service for your product”.
- On the new page, find a blank field and paste the copied iPhone serial number into it. Additionally, enter the verification code from the picture and click on the blue “Check” button.
- The information will be updated, and the tab will display detailed information about your device (activation date, warranty availability, other details).
If, when entering the serial number, an error appears or the information does not correspond to reality, then this is not a genuine iPhone, but a fake.
You can find out the iPhone IMEI using the short USSD command “#”. To do this, open the “Phone” application, dial the specified code and press the “Call” button. The answer will be immediately displayed on the screen or will come in the form of a reply SMS message.
Authentication by IMEI
You can verify the originality of the iPhone not only using the serial number, but also the IMEI. This is a unique identifier assigned to each mobile device. Unlike a serial number, it is almost impossible to counterfeit it. Check iPhone by IMEI:
- Find the IMEI on the box or cover of your device. Additionally, it is indicated in the main settings of the iPhone (item “Device Information”).
- Go to any site that checks Apple devices by IMEI. For example, IMEI.info or any other.
- Enter the received data and click the “Check” or “Check” button to get the data about the iPhone. If the device is in the database, then detailed information about the manufacturer, date of activation will be displayed here.
This method is recommended to be used when buying a used phone. If the iPhone was stolen from the previous owner, then it will appear in the list of missing devices.
How to distinguish an original iPhone
If you make a purchase “hand-held”, then make sure the authenticity of the device. The iPhone may be a Chinese counterfeit or a refurbished smartphone. Distinctive features of the original iPhone:
- Box. It should have a logo, model name, device image. Refurbished iPhones have a pure white box.
- Equipment. The smartphone comes with all documents (instructions, warranty), headphones, a charger, a clip for removing the SIM card.
- Serial number. The data on the box must correspond to the information that is indicated in the settings of the smartphone, documentation.
- Must match the serial number on the iPhone box or case.
- Smartphone appearance. The refurbished iPhone is essentially the original one after an official Apple repair. The Chinese counterfeit is distinguished by the use of low-quality materials, and instead of iOS, it runs on the Android operating system.
You can distinguish an original device from a fake (or a refurbished iPhone) on the Apple website, using third-party software or special online services. This requires a serial number or IMEI. You can find them out in several ways.
You can find out whether a smartphone is restored or not by the refurbished inscription on the box (or a shorter version of RFB). The inscription is indicated next to IMEI, serial device and other iPhone data.
How to check iPhone by serial number on Apple website
If you are planning to purchase a device “hand-held”, then before buying, do not forget to check the iPhone for originality by the serial number or IMEI. This can be done using the official Apple website or third-party services.
In order not to purchase a refurbished device or a “Chinese” fake instead of the original iPhone, follow the recommendations below:
- Shop only in brand showrooms or official retailers. Information about the nearest points of sale in your city is available on the official Apple website.
- Pay attention to the price. If it is suspiciously low, then this is not the original iPhone, or it was stolen or has other flaws.
- When buying “hand-held”, check the phone by IMEI or serial number. How to do this, see above.
- Make sure your smartphone syncs with iTunes. If the device was restored, information about this will be displayed on the “Overview” tab, next to the serial number and other details.
- Examine the look of your smartphone. The screen should be made of glass, not plastic. The body is metal. Make sure that the device has not been disassembled or mechanically damaged. Check if you can connect to official Apple services.
Checking the iPhone for originality must be carried out without fail by those who have never used an iOS device. This can be done using the IMEI or serial number. If errors occur in the process or the seller does not want to provide this information, then the purchase should be abandoned.
Now you know how the iPhone is checked for the original and what information is needed for this. If you buy a device not in an official store, then this is the only sure way to verify the authenticity of a smartphone.
How to find the serial number using IMEI?
The site iphoneimei.info will help us with this procedure. Follow the link and enter the serial number of the device, you will be shown some data about the smartphone, including the serial number.
- Enter IMEI in the input field.
- Press the button inside the field, or Enter.
- After loading the page, we get the necessary data.
- serial number,
- phone model,
- memory size.
What is the serial number and IMEI?
The serial number is a unique code for each device. A lot of data is encrypted in it. country, release date, etc. IMEI is an international unique identifier for a gadget. It is used to track and block a stolen smartphone.
How to check iPhone by serial number on Apple official website?
To check the iPhone, you need to go to the official page of the Apple website. checkcoverage.Apple.com. We act according to the following instructions:
- enter your serial number in a special field;
Now you have information about the expiration date of the warranty and the originality of the device. You can also check almost any Apple device from this company’s tablets to computers and TV boxes.
How to view the serial number on iPhone?
This is done in several ways, namely the simplest one: you can see it in the phone settings (Settings. General. About the device).
Here you will see the items “Serial number” and “IMEI”. If you do not have the opportunity to enter the settings, the IMEI is written on the SIM-card tray, and from it you can find out the serial number. In the second way, you can see the serial number on the back of the iPhone box, but it may not be there when purchasing a smartphone from your hands.
All iPhone serial numbers are in the following format:
AA. plant and machine identifier.
B. year of release (“0” means the phone was released in 2010, “9”. 2009 and so on).
CC. production week.
DDD. unique identifier (different from UDID).
EE. smartphone color.
F. memory size (S. 16 GB, T. 32 GB).
You should also pay attention to the fact that the serial number may contain ZERO, do not confuse it with the letter O, it should not be in more than one serial number.
IPhone Authentication by Serial Number, IMEI, Zombie Check
When purchasing iPhone smartphones from Apple, you can check the device by serial number. Thus, you can avoid buying a Chinese fake, which have become too similar to the original phones. By the way, after the purchase, you need to perform some actions.
Zombie Check iPhone Originality Method
The new verification method is called Zombie Check. It provides for connecting a smartphone or tablet to a computer via a double cable, to one of which an additional unit is attached, similar to an adapter for reading memory cards. After that, a specialized scanning application is launched on a computer running macOS 10.8.5 or later. Thus, the serial numbers of all components are checked, regardless of the degree of damage to the device.
Checking on the official Apple website
The most expedient and simplest way. You don’t even need to open the packaging to use it. All necessary data is printed on the box. It is necessary to act according to the following algorithm:
- Find on the packaging the serial number of the device (Serial No) located between the batch number (Part No) and the IMEI identifier. It has 11 or 12 characters, both letters and numbers are possible. If the package is opened and the phone is activated, it will be useful to compare their serial numbers. It’s easy to find the serial in the phone: “Settings”, item “General”, sub-item “About this device”.
- Find the “Support” button on the main page of the official site. It is located at the top right.
- Select the item “Warranty and repair”, then “Check the status of the warranty”.
- Enter the serial number in the window that appears. If the system displays a message that the number was entered incorrectly, you should carefully check the number. But if the data is correct, and a similar message is repeated, then the phone was brought into the country unofficially, and you should refrain from buying it. If the service finds the device in the database, then the device is original. In this case, the site displays information about the date of purchase, the period of free technical support by phone (three months from the date of purchase) and the right to warranty service and repair (1 year).
It should be borne in mind that if such an expensive purchase as an iPhone is made, verification by serial number is required. In addition to the fact that this way you can be sure of the originality of the device, it also provides useful information that can be used if something happens to the phone.
We also recommend checking iCloud on iPhone so that you don’t have to untie iPhone later. Be vigilant when buying devices and checking. do not listen to excuses from sellers, for example, you forgot your iPhone password or it is dead and will turn on at home on charging.
Checking iPhone by serial number for authenticity
If you do not know where to look for the serial number, then try to check the iPhone by IMEI.
Checking for originality using the SNDeepInfo service
Another option to make sure of the original origin of the purchased device and its official import into the country is the SNDeepInfo service. Here you can check your iPhone by serial number or IMEI. A universal resource allows you to check not only iPhones, but also phones from other manufacturers.
To check, you must select the manufacturer and enter the serial number in the window that appears.
The information received will be divided into several blocks:
- Certificate confirming that the device is not listed as lost or stolen.
- Data encrypted in IMEI. It contains information about the country of production, model, color, size.
- Detailed information. Information in this block is paid and is provided upon request.
The listed iPhone authentication services are the most popular and trustworthy. The undoubted advantage is that the basic information on them can be obtained free of charge and without registration. It is also very convenient that waiting for a response takes literally a few seconds. Information appears immediately after the required data has been entered.