Displaying an image on a TV screen via USB
To connect your smartphone to a monitor or to a TV screen using a cable, you do not need additional programs. You just need to purchase a USB cable, or use the one that came with your phone. Connect appliances to each other.
A connection selection menu will pop up on the smartphone screen. You need the item “Recognize as USB storage”. The next step is to set up your TV to read media files. These settings can be changed using the remote control (USB, Home, Source, Multimedia, etc. SIMilar depending on the manufacturer and model).
Once you get into the settings menu, you are required to select either Multimedia or USB. After that, you need to select the file format required for playback: photo, audio, etc.
How to display images from the phone screen to the TV
Displaying images from the phone screen on a TV can be useful to any user. If you want to reproduce or view photos on a large screen, and you only have a phone at hand, then this article will be useful to you.
Connecting a smartphone to a TV screen shouldn’t cause any difficulties even for an inexperienced user.
To understand how to display an image from a smartphone screen on a TV, you should pay attention to certain technical features. There are two types of connection: wired and wireless. Both methods are as SIMple as possible and require minimal effort on your part.
Let’s clarify that all variants are suitable for phones of all manufacturers and with any operating system. OS characteristics absolutely do not affect the image output to the TV.
Apart from USB and HDMI cable, you don’t need the help of additional devices. You only need to purchase an adapter. Also, certain modern smartphones have special ports for connecting to a monitor.
The choice of connection methods is quite large. Let’s see what methods are there. Each connection has both its pros and cons. But since there are many methods, it is important to try all of them so that you can understand which one is most suitable for you.
How to display on the TV screen for Android users
In order to display a picture using a wireless network (Wi-Fi), you need a special utility for Android. The name of this program is Screen Cast, you can download it from the Play Market. Its main task is to transfer information from the screen of one device to another.
An important condition is that the phone and the TV on which the image is displayed must be connected to a wireless network. To complete this procedure, you need to connect to a router, or create an access point. Also, you need to make sure that the browser is installed on the TV.
After you have launched the program, click on the Start button. A window will appear in which you need to select the Start now item. Next, you need to open a browser and go to the page, the utility should give you a link to it. Be sure to enter the port address along with the numeric combination. In the future, when switching, data from the phone will be displayed on the TV screen.
Screencast is pretty SIMple, you can customize it however you like. The screen quality and position cannot be changed. But there is the possibility of adjusting security, for example, setting a password for your broadcast. To do this, you need to select the “drop-down menu”, then click on the “settings” button and check the “Required password for viewing screen cast”.
This means that the network will automatically ask for a password. You can change the password whenever you want, but it is best to leave the original password. The peculiarity of the initial password is that it is generated randomly.
Thus, to access the broadcast, you will need to enter a number-letter combination. After entering the correct password, the image from the smartphone will appear on the TV screen.
Displaying an image on the screen via HDMI
This connection method makes it possible to fully and fully display the image from the phone to a plasma or LCD TV / monitor, such as:
Almost all new TVs have HDMI ports. But there is one small caveat: a USB to HDMI adapter is required to connect. It is required to turn off the phone and TV, connect them with a cable, and then turn on both devices.
Connecting a smartphone to a TV via HDMI
Open the menu on your TV and select “HDMI Connection”. Also in this section you can adjust the resolution and image quality.
Displaying an image on a TV screen wirelessly
How to display a phone screen on a TV for Apple users
There are two options with which you can display the image from the IPhone (iPhone) / iPad (iPad) screen on the TV screen.
- The first method is to broadcast photos, music to the TV screen, or play everything that happens on the screen of your device through a small Apple TV set-top box.
This is a device that can be connected to a TV and through it broadcast images from the screens of the IPhone or iPad. If you have a lot of technology from Apple, and you quite often need to broadcast all kinds of content from iPhone, iPad, MAC computers, then you need an Apple TV set-top box.
You will be able to display the image on the TV screen. You just need to turn on the Airplay function and enjoy. Screen playback is not all the Apple TV can do.
You will also have the opportunity to watch a huge number of different films, listen to music and radio, and you will also have access to various services.
It must be on the same network as your phone. Next, from the AppStore, you need to install a program on your phone through which you will send photos and music from your iPhone / iPad to the TV. In this case, the most convenient and SIMple program for you will be TV assist (TV assistant).
Don’t forget to say “Thank you”, “Like” or repost to the author:
How to display a phone screen on a computer
The need to broadcast an image from a smartphone to a PC does not arise often, but sometimes it helps a lot to show friends a photo on a big screen or start a movie. It is very easy to bring your phone screen to a computer via USB or wirelessly. And today we will tell you how to do it, spending a minimum of time.
If you did not manage to do everything via WI-FI, then try connecting via USB. It’s easy too, and you get the same result. But first, activate USB debugging, for this: go to “Settings. About phone”, there 8 times click on “Build number” (for MIUI you need to tap on “MIUI version”). Go back, go to the “For Developers” menu that appears, scroll through until you see “USB Debugging”, activate it. Now let’s start connecting.
- Connect phone to laptop via USB cable.
- Open Google Chrome (other browsers will not work, so we display through Chrome), install the “Vysor” extension.
- Run the add-on, click on “Find Devices”.
- Select your smartphone from the list, confirm the connection.
Next, the program will be installed on the mobile and broadcast to the monitor will start. She will prompt you to make basic settings.
Broadcasting images via WI-FI
To display the screen, you need to download the Screen Cast program from the Play Market. The utility provides the ability to share the screen to devices that are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the smartphone.
- Download Screen Cast app and launch it.
- In the main window, you will see the “Start” button, click it, confirm the system request (you can check the box next to “Do not show again” so that the request does not appear another time).
- Now copy the link that appeared in the application.
- Open any browser on your computer, type this IP into the search bar and press “Enter”.
- After you follow the link, a window with a mobile phone screen will open.
Screen Cast has options to help secure your connection and make it easier to use. To do this, go to the settings and activate the request for a password item. As a result of these manipulations, when connecting through a browser, the program will ask for a password, and only after confirmation will the broadcast open.
Screen sharing on Windows 8.1 and 10
The developers have added a universal service to Windows 10 so that we can stream from phone to computer without using third-party software. The transmission is done through the Miracast app, and there are some difficulties associated with this. Older laptops and computers (2012 and older) do not support this feature. If your device is relatively new, then there will be no difficulties.
- Go to “Start”, open “Connect”, you will see a window waiting for the connection of the device from which the broadcast is being conducted.
- On your smartphone, go to “Settings. DisPlay. Send Image”.
- Start displaying to monitor.
- After you do this, the computer will pop up in the list of available for connection, select it.
After that, the output from the phone screen will start.
It happens that phone manufacturers cut the link to Miracast from the settings, but this can be solved.
- Download “Miracast Widget Shortcut” from Google Play, it will create an icon on the desktop, when you click on it you will be taken to the image transfer menu.
- In the list of devices you will see your PC, click on it to share the picture.
- As soon as the devices connect by analogy with the previous instructions, you will notice a picture in the “Connect” service menu.
As you can see, it is very easy to transfer an image from a phone to a computer. In 5 minutes, while visiting or at home, you organize a show or a photo for friends not from a smartphone, but from a monitor, saving time on transferring files from one media to another.
How to wirelessly display your phone screen on TV?
In order to display the image of a smartphone on a TV via a wireless network, a Wi-Fi connection is required, as well as support for the following technologies:
- Intel WiDi;
To activate the function, you need to go to the corresponding program on your smartphone and find your TV in it. Let’s consider how to display the phone screen on Smart-TV via Miracast technology using a Sony TV as an example:
- Enable Wi-Fi network in the settings of both devices.
- Go to the “Inputs” menu and select “Duplication”.
- Activate connection.
- Select “Screen mirroring” in the phone settings.
- Click on the “Start Search” button.
- Find your TV in the list.
- Confirm requests on both devices.
After these manipulations, the image from the Android phone screen should be duplicated on the TV screen. If for some reason the files cannot be played on the smartphone, they can be duplicated on TV in the same ways.
Using special applications
In addition to wired connection methods, there are also wireless ones, which are carried out using a Wi-fi network.
How to bring your phone screen to TV
Basic ways to mirror your phone screen to TV
All the ways by which you can display the contents of the phone screen on Smart-TV are divided into two large groups:
In the first case, in order to connect a mobile phone to a Sony TV or any other brand, you need a USB cable, Slim Port, HDMI or a usual one with tulip connectors. Most modern TVs, if they do not support Wi-Fi for synchronization with the device, necessarily have at least one port for these cables.
To transfer files wirelessly to the TV screen, both devices must support specialized technologies such as Miracast, AirPlay or their equivalents.
Via Mobile High-Definition Link Cable
This is a relatively new type of connection that is supported by most modern smartphones. It is almost identical to the previous method, but there is a significant advantage. Using the MHL cable, the phone not only transmits a signal to the TV screen, but also receives a battery charge, which allows you to watch longs and hours of movies.
How to mirror your phone screen to TV via MHL and Slim Port?
If your TV and phone support the MHL function, you can display the image on the TV screen through the USB port. This connection allows you to completely duplicate the image from your mobile. In this case, the smartphone can be controlled using the TV remote.
The Slim Port standard works the same way. But other than that, it is capable of transferring files to the TV via VGA, DVI and DisplayPort ports. True, for its operation, additional external power is needed.
Via Wi-Fi Direct
Using wireless technologies, you can connect your xiaomi smartphone to your TV. For example, using Wi-Fi Direct. True, everything will work out only with Smart TV. The very same connection procedure through this channel is SIMple:
- First of all, we connect both the phone and the TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to “Settings” on your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Go to the “Wi-Fi” section.
- We go down the menu and tap on the item “Advanced (additional) settings”.
- We are looking for the “Wi-Fi Direct” option. Click on her.
- In the window that appears, the process of searching for devices with which pairing is possible will begin. We need our TV to appear here. As soon as the smartphone finds it, we try to connect.
- Usually the TV model is prescribed. So we tap on it. Then we press the completion of the connection process.
- Open “Gallery”, “Youtube” on the Xiaomi smartphone or launch the movie through the player. We see an icon on top, which tells us about a successful connection to TV.
- Enjoying the big screen.
Do you want to display the image on the TV from your smartphone without pulling wires? Then you can use the Miracast function.
A prerequisite is a modern TV set to support this wireless transmission technology. But intermediary devices in the form of routers and routers are not needed. The signal is transmitted directly from one device to another.
The connection procedure itself will not be difficult. It will not require much effort or time from you. At least on xiaomi redmi note 4x, we managed to set up data transfer to another monitor in just a minute. We did everything as follows:
- First, we activate the function on the TV device. The fact is that on many models it is disabled by default. So it’s better to start with this. In our case, this is a Samsung TV. On the control panel, select the button called “Source”. In the window that pops up on the screen, press “Screen Mirroring”. How to enable miracast on LG? We press the button “Settings” on the remote control. Next, select the “Network” section. Then we find the item “Miracast”. In it, we SIMply change the position of the switch to “On”. On TVs from other manufacturers, the Miracast function is turned on in the same way. If something does not work out, then you can find help on the Internet.
- Let’s leave the TV. But don’t turn it off. Let’s take Xiaomi Redmi or mi series in our hands. Go to “Settings”.
- We open the subsection “Additional functions”.
- We tap on the item “Wireless display”.
- Now we wait (usually no more than 30-40 seconds) until the smartphone finds an available monitor.
- It remains only to click on it and wait for the connection to complete.
By the way, the action aLGorithm described above is suitable for xiaomi smartphones with MIUI shell. If you have, for example, mi a1, running on “pure” Android, then you will need:
- Go to the “Screen” section through the “Settings”.
- Then scroll down and select “Broadcast”.
- Then we do everything as in the first option: select the TV device and synchronize with it.
For reference! Disadvantages of wirelessly connecting a smartphone to a TV. minor broadcast delays and periodic quality distortion.
Another popular wireless standard. It can also be used to connect a Xiaomi smartphone to a TV. But we recommend using this synchronization option in cases where you do not need a live broadcast of images from your phone.
After all, a mobile device, when connected via DLNA, will work like a flash drive. Only no wires are needed, which is a big plus.
On the TV, the files that are stored on the xiaomi smartphone will be available to you. And you can start them already from the TV itself.
For this technology to work on your smartphone, you need to install a special software in advance. BubbleUPnP. The program is available for download on Google Play. The transmitted content can be:
- a photo;
- some formats.
Also, don’t forget to connect your TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, it will not be possible to synchronize two devices via DLNA.
Without the use of third-party programs
Almost all modern smartphones, without exception, have a built-in screen broadcast function, only different manufacturers assign different unique names to this function. For example, in Samsung devices this feature is called Screen Mirroring. Regardless of the name, the principle of operation is always the same. a smartphone via a wi-fi network broadcasts an image from its screen to the TV screen. This is very convenient, but compared to a wired connection, this method has a big flaw. The connection to the TV may intermittently be interrupted and the sound or picture may lag. It depends on several factors: the power of the smartphone, the quality of the Wi-Fi of the TV receiver and the data transfer rate.
Using Samsung as an example, let’s see how to use this function:
Progress does not stand still and every day there are more and more ways to connect android to TV. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages, and is convenient in a given situation. One thing is for sure: the function of broadcasting the smartphone screen is very convenient and allows you to enjoy watching an interesting movie or photos on a large TV screen.
What is necessary?
It is very quick and easy to connect a smartphone to a TV receiver via a USB cable, since both devices are necessarily equipped with this interface. In order to synchronize your smartphone with your TV, you will need:
- USB cable;
- mobile gadget based on Android or any other operating system;
- TV with a working USB connector.
In this case, there are no difficulties with further connection.
How to connect your phone to a TV via USB?
The most technologically advanced television equipment with support for the Smart TV option is a real boon for any equipment owner. This is not surprising, because everyone wants to watch their favorite films and programs on the big screen. However, you can get the same effect by having only familiar devices at your disposal. the most important thing here is to understand how to properly connect a mobile phone to a TV receiver using the USB interface.
How to display phone content?
You can duplicate gadget content to a TV receiver using specialized software. Screen Mirroring. The connection guide looks like this.
- Enter the context menu of the cell phone.
- Click on the “Smartphone visibility” block.
- Start Screen Mirroring mode by clicking on the corresponding icon.
- After that, you should lower the curtain with notifications and select the icon of the application responsible for dubbing the “Smart View” display.
- Next, you need to take the TV remote control and enter the user menu, then go to the “Screen Mirroring” tab that appears.
- Literally in a couple of seconds, the name of the TV brand will be displayed on the screen of your smartphone. at this moment you need to click on it and thereby activate the process of device synchronization.
This type of connection for displaying a picture on the screen is optimal in that with this use the smartphone will charge in the same way as in some other cases when you use your cell phone instead of a memory drive.
There are three main methods for connecting a phone to a TV receiver:
- connection instead of the basic electronic media. then it will be possible to transfer data, change the name, and also open any supported records;
- using a smartphone as a media attachment. this option allows you to use the system as a player, plays back recordings and shows photos on a large display;
- operation of wireless interfaces. here we mean the use of a remote or local network.
Connecting a cell phone to a TV broadcaster via a USB interface involves a few SIMple steps. Use a USB cable to connect both devices and make sure that both systems are running. that is, turn on the “Start” button. Use the remote control to set the mode “AV”, “Input” or “Source”, in it select the option “SD-card” or “Phone”. In a few seconds, you will have access to all files on your mobile phone.
Please note that many file systems are not supported by the receiver OS. For example, a file with an AVI extension is unlikely to be played on the vast majority of modern installations. The cable connection has many advantages:
- the ability to save battery power;
- no need for an internet connection;
- the ability to recharge the gadget.
However, there were some drawbacks:
- some file systems on TV do not exist;
- there is no ability to launch games and mobile applications.
Some users also consider the lack of an Internet connection a disadvantage, since in this case it is impossible to watch movies and programs online. Basically, this is the classic way to connect your phone to your TV. It is very convenient to take such a cable with you when you go on vacation, for example, to the country house or to a country house. In this case, the user does not need to think about programs that will allow pairing the device, while the cost of the cable is available for almost any user. depending on the size of the cord, its price tag starts from 150-200 rubles.
The plug must be inserted into the appropriate connectors of the equipment, and then proceed with the software setup. First, you need to go to the main user TV menu, where you need to select a signal source using the remote control function. In our case, this will be a USB connection.
Be sure to set the connection mode on the phone, in most models it looks like “Data transfer”. If you do not do this, then playing audio, files and text documents SIMply will not work. To do this, slide the notification curtain down with your finger and select the desired one from the options.
If you have enabled the screen sharing mode, then the USB channel will not provide the necessary synchronization, that is, the user will be able to play the files that were saved on the mobile phone. However, streaming of games or applications will not be available. This synchronization mode is relevant if you need to see photos, pictures and on the big screen.
The phone can be connected to TV via USB using special programs. Usually, the need for such a solution arises when the device does not include traditional types of connection in the menu. To do this, you need to install the USB Mass Storage (UMS) utility, this application can always be downloaded for free via the Play Market.
The work on making adjustments to the connection protocol includes several steps. First of all, it is necessary to grant the owner of the equipment superuser rights. After that, you should activate the UMS application. Wait 15-20 seconds, after that the display will show the main menu. This means that the gadget has supported enabling superuser rights. After that, you must click on the option “Enable USB MASS STORAGE”. This will start the drive function. This completes the work, you should reconnect the mobile equipment using a cord and check the system for functionality.
Sometimes a situation arises when, in the process of connecting a mobile phone to a TV, the owners of equipment are faced with the fact that the receiver SIMply does not see the smartphone. Most often, one of the following faults occurs:
- the TV cannot find the smartphone;
- the smartphone does not charge from the TV receiver;
- viewing is available exclusively for photographs.
If the TV does not notice the smartphone, then most likely the problem lies in the pairing option. Smartphones operating on Android and IOS have their own option to select the type of connection. To configure the required mode for Android, you need the following.
- Connect mobile. After this is done, at the top you can see the operating mode icon.
- Next, you need to call the top menu and select the “Charge via USB” option.
- Select the “File Transfer” block.
If the required data transfer type is not set, try using the “Camera (PTP)” mode. Both options provide a good opportunity to view images, while audio recordings will not be available for viewing. It so happens that the required menu SIMply does not open. In this case, it is better to initially connect the smartphone to a laptop or personal computer. After that, the user will have to set the appropriate mode again after reconnecting to the TV receiver.
Connection setup for smartphones with IOS OS is carried out in accordance with the following instructions. If you use a direct connection of an IOS device, then only the device will be charged.
Connect the adapter with the TV-translator through the usual charging cable. The other side of the adapter should be connected with a wire to the connector located on the side or on the back of the TV panel. On the remote control, click “Source”, indicate “HDMI number”, it depends on the total number of connectors on the equipment. After a couple of three, the entry will appear on the display.
If you were unable to connect your smartphone to the TV, then you need to take the following steps. Make sure that both devices are connected to the same access point. If this is not the case, you need to establish the correct connection to one source.
It is possible that when connecting, you activated the wrong operating mode. Sometimes the smartphone will automatically enable the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) option. In this case, at the time of connecting devices, you must change the mode to “PTP” or “USB device”, and then try to start the inclusion again.
Check if the TV supports the file format you have selected. It happens that documents do not open due to the ability to combine document formats and the capabilities of the TV. The list of formats that the receiver can support can always be found in the user manual. If yours is not among them, then you need to download from any converter program, install it and convert the document format into a suitable one.
If you notice any external damage, you will have to contact the service center. it is unlikely that you will be able to cope with such a breakdown on your own. As a last resort, you can purchase an adapter and try connecting the USB cable through some other port. If after all these steps you still cannot transfer files to TV via USB, then you should look for alternative options.
In our article, we have highlighted the issues of how you can connect a mobile phone to a TV via USB and display the image on a large screen. We hope that with the help of our instructions, even a person who does not have any experience with technology and electronics will be able to cope with the task. Guided by the above aLGorithms, you can always connect both devices in order to further view the contents of the smartphone on the big screen and enjoy the quality of the audio and series.
How to connect your phone to a TV via USB, see below.