Optimal wall mounting for the TV
Before mounting the TV on the wall and installing the bracket, you need to properly assess the environment in the room. Every little thing matters to Honor. For example, the location of the TV or its distance from the floor can be affected by the height of the ceilings. It is also important for Honor and the distance to the outlets, which can affect the state of fire safety in the house.
So, when deciding how to properly mount the TV on the wall, you must:
- Decide exactly where you want to install the TV. Modern designers often offer such a solution, how to put a TV in a niche. Quite an original solution, but do not forget that TV manufacturers do not recommend installing them in places where air cannot circulate freely. And if you install such equipment in such a place, you can shorten its service life with your own hands. You can install a TV in a niche if at least 20 centimeters of free space remains above and below the panel. There should also be gaps on the sides of the equipment;
- Determine the quality of the wall where you want to install the bracket.
It is important to remember that the plasterboard wall is not too thick and cannot bear a lot of weight. If the weight of the TV exceeds 25 kilograms, then you should abandon the idea of mounting a bracket on it;
- Decide on a place in the home where exactly you plan to install the TV. This is especially important if you are deciding how to place a TV in the kitchen. The importance of the issue lies in the fact that, usually, the kitchen does not have a large area. Therefore, it is important to find the most optimal place, not far from power outlets, put it on the table, mount the bracket on the wall, and so on. In this case, it is also important to decide at what height to hang the TV so that it does not interfere with the cooking process, and the radiation from the TV does not harm the inhabitants of the house or apartment.
Basic rules for mounting a TV on the wall
When it comes to a plasma or liquid crystal TV, each person draws in his imagination a picture that such a technique should hang on the wall. By the nature of their purpose, such TVs are quite heavy, but hanging them on the wall is not difficult, especially if you adhere to the basic rules:
- If the weight of the TV exceeds 25 kg, then two people need to hang it on the wall;
- A qualified technician can properly install the TV on the wall. But if the owner of the TV knows how to properly hold the drill in his hands, then you can hang it using the bracket yourself;
- Before mounting the TV on the wall with your own hands, you need to be sure that it will withstand the weight of the equipment;
- The location of the TV on the wall should provide that it needs free circulation of air through special openings. Therefore, by correctly placing the bracket, you will provide the TV with the correct operating conditions;
- After the location of the TV has been determined, the installation work has been completed, and the TV will be hanged with your own hands. you can start cable connections;
- If you intend to hang the equipment on a bracket with a movable part, then you need to make sure that when turning the wire does not begin to stretch in the area of the sockets. Otherwise, there is a risk of fire and short circuit.
It is important to remember that step-by-step and careful implementation of the rules for installing television equipment on the wall will help lead you to a positive result, holding the TV in a position convenient for you for a long time.
Features of mounting a TV on a bracket
Such mounts may differ in the type of TVs installed on them or in the weight of the equipment.
When buying a bracket, it is important to remember that the heavier the TV, the more strength the bracket should be.
The brackets can also differ in the degree of mobility. It can be:
- Fasteners with rigid fixation (fixed);
- Movable, tilt and swivel can be adjusted.
When installing the bracket on the wall, it is important to remember that a wire from sockets can pass through the wall. Therefore, in this situation, it is rational to use a special measuring device so as not to damage the wire.
Recommended TV Wall Mount Settings
If we talk about the distance, then the most optimal for the human eye will be equal to 3-4 diagonals of the installed TV. This rule is especially important to adhere to when it comes to LCD TVs.
But when it comes to the question of how high to hang the TV, it is always worth remembering that it should be at eye level. Above this level, you can hang the TV in places where it is rarely watched. Usually, the normal height of the TV is a distance of at least 1 meter, but the center of the screen should always be at the same level with the viewer’s eyes. In such cases, again, it is important to pay attention to the fact that the TV is not far from the sockets, because the closer to the outlets, the less likely there is a risk of short circuit and fire.
An illustrative example of installing a TV on a wall
Regardless of which method of installation or installation you choose, in any case, it is important to adhere to the basic safety rules, then the equipment will last a long time without harming its users.
Basic parameters for TV placement
When preparing a place on the wall for a new LCD TV (Led TV or 3D HDTV), various parameters must be taken into account:
- diagonal size;
- monitor type;
- position of the body when viewing;
- wall quality;
- ophthalmologist’s recommendations.
The minimum distance from the floor to the TV on the wall, for safety installation, should be at least 1 meter. If the screen is located lower, it may be exposed to impacts and friction of various objects in the hands of adults passing by and playing children.
You can protect your monitor from damage by placing it on a TV stand.
Ophthalmologists recommend hanging the TV correctly, namely:
- The distance from the eyes to the screen must be equal to the sum of 4 diagonals.
- The angle of rotation to the side must be 15–20 °, the maximum allowable is 30 °.
- Unfolded viewing angle in width. up to 40 °.
- The middle of the screen should be at eye level.
The angle formed by the lines from the sides of the TV to the eyes, the smaller the better. The optimum is 25-30 °. The minimum should be 10 °. further, to see the image, you will have to strain your eyes. The maximum angle is 40 °, only myopic people who see well into the distance can sit closer.
At the same time, doctors insist that it is necessary to watch the programs while sitting, with a flat back, perpendicular to the floor, and a head slightly tilted forward. This posture, according to experts, will minimize the risk of scoliosis and the development of myopia.
The height of the TV from the floor depends on where it is placed. The distance to the TV depends on the type of monitor, its resolution. The SD has a resolution of 625 pixels. Removal should be maximum, more than 4 diagonals. For Simple HD with a resolution of 720 pixels, it is allowed to install monitors at a distance of 3 diagonals.
Liquid crystal screens have high resolution, practically do not cause eye fatigue and visual impairment. It is enough to move away from them at a distance of 1.6 times the diagonal. The problem can only arise with the view of the entire screen. To keep track of the actions of the heroes, you will have to turn your head all the time.
People have different eyesight. To practically determine the optimal height of the TV, you need to sit in your favorite chair in a relaxed position and close your eyes. Open in a couple of minutes. The place where the eye fell indicates the optimal position of the upper third of the screen.
At what height to hang the TV on the wall in the kitchen
Television in the kitchen is more often listened to while cooking than watching. When choosing its location in the room, one should take into account the area of the room, the distance of the device to the workplace of the owners. The placement of the monitor should not pose a danger to others, this is especially important if there are children in the house. The device can be installed on a bedside table, above the refrigerator and on the wall.
Placement of the TV in the kitchen takes into account the size of the room and the distance to the viewing point
Helpful advice! The TV in the kitchen should not be located near the sink, kitchen appliances, heating radiators and in front of windows.
When choosing at what height to hang a TV in the kitchen, one should proceed from the fact whether the device will be placed at eye level of the person sitting at the table in order to ensure its viewing during a meal, or its central zone will be at eye level of the person sitting at the table. The optimal value can vary within 1-1.8 m.
In a small kitchen, it is better to place the TV as high as possible relative to the floor. The optimal distance from the floor to the TV on the wall is 1.75-1.8 m. The brackets must be fixed to the wall with metal anchors.
It is recommended that you choose a tilt-type mount that allows you to adjust the angle of the screen. It is better to give preference to models that have the ability to change the angle of rotation by 15-45 °, horizontal or vertical movement by 5-50 ° and tilt by 15-30 °. This is due to the fact that the TV in the kitchen is usually located at a height that is comfortable for viewing while standing. The image may be distorted when sitting. The picture will be dimmed on LCD monitors. An inclined type bracket is capable of solving this problem.
If the TV is installed to view people sitting at the table, then the location of eye level must be taken into account.
Important! In the kitchen, it is not recommended to install the TV in a furniture niche, which is due to the peculiarities of the microclimate in the room, which is characterized by high humidity and temperature drops.
Why you shouldn’t hang your TV high
If you purchased an LCD panel, then the viewing angle should be considered. If you place such a model too low, then the monitor will be darker than it should be, and if you hung it high, then on the contrary, it will be lighter.
In the event of a malfunction, the excessive height of the TV mechanism may affect its repair and dismantling. Also, if you use a USB flash drive or memory card to watch TV, then the height should be as convenient as possible to install it. Considering all this, each person chooses his favorite poses, which will be individual and comfortable for everyone. It can also be considered one of the factors that will affect the installation of the screen.
The nuances of mounting a TV on the wall
Typically, TV monitors are wall-mounted using brackets. Installation on a curbstone has a number of disadvantages. the screen is easy to break if you move it carelessly. If there are small children in the home, the risk of damaging the monitor is even greater. And the curbstone requires an additional area for it. Therefore, the bracket is the most ergonomic and convenient option.
TV wall mount eliminates bulky furniture
There are several types of brackets:
Fixed or motionless. This is a TV mount plate.
The advantage of a fixed bracket is low cost
Swivel. such a gimbal makes it possible to choose the viewing angle and adjust it both vertically and horizontally.
Swivel-tilt bracket is more expensive, but it provides adjustment of the position of the TV in two planes
Tilting. Provides a screen tilt angle of up to 20 degrees. Unlike rotary, adjustment is carried out only in the vertical plane.
Tilt arm with spring tilt adjustment
Retractable. using a special hinged leg, you can adjust the distance to the screen.
Pull-out bracket provides maximum convenience in adjusting the position of the TV panel
Ceiling. the best choice for large rooms with high ceilings. The telescopic leg allows you to adjust the distance to the viewer. If the walls are sheathed with plasterboard, it is also worth stopping at the ceiling mount.
Ceiling bracket with adjustable bar
There are also combined mount options. These are tilt-swivel and swing-out arms. But in everyday life they are used less often, since their installation is rather complicated.
When choosing a mount, consider the following:
- TV dimensions (diagonal, width, weight). If the TV is too wide, then its edges will abut against the wall, and do not allow you to freely adjust the position. And if it weighs more than 20 kg, then it is better to start installation together.
- The standard and location of the mounting holes on the back of the TV. It is for them that the holder for the TV is selected.
- Desired height and viewing angle, the need to adjust them.
- The material from which the walls are made. will they support the weight of the monitor along with the mount.
It is impossible to fasten the bracket to a wall sheathed with plasterboard, and even more so. to a false wall made of this material. The dowels can go into the empty space between the wall and the plaster, or they simply cannot reach the load-bearing wall. In this case, the wall simply will not support the weight of the mount and the TV, and the entire structure will fall. Also, during installation, you need to know exactly where the hidden wiring runs, so as not to accidentally get into it.
Having figured out how to hang the TV on the wall in height, do not rush to drill holes for the bracket, check everything again! After all, covering up holes in the wall and drilling new ones is a thankless task, especially if the surface finish does not make it easy to mask defects.
The easiest way to check is to hang on the site of the future “cinema” a sheet of paper of about the same size with a rough outline of the center, and sit for at least 15 20 minutes at the planned place, looking at the “screen”.
At what height should the TV be hung in the hall
If the TV is installed in a general purpose room and the seating area is seated, the above recommendations apply.
An amendment should be made in the case of very low sofas. in this case, an amendment is made for the difference between the typical sofa height and the real one. For a typical sofa or armchair, the seat height is usually 40 50 cm, for a low one it can start from 10 cm (these are actually cushions on the floor, now such models “in Japanese style” are very popular). Accordingly, the answer to the question “at what height to hang the TV in the living room” can be simple. 10 15 cm above the floor level (the level of the lower edge).
If the question of how far from the floor to hang the TV is controversial or highly dependent on the specific user, it is rational to use a special equipment rack with the ability to move the supporting structure vertically. An example is shown below. in mobile (NB AVA 1500-60-1P, allows you to move the screen 50 cm up and down) and stationary (Sonorous Neo 95-B-BLK, here only /. 15 cm).
How high to hang the TV in the bedroom, how to hang the mounts for installation on the wall
Clear rules on how high to hang the TV, from the series “Only this way, and not otherwise!” in this case does not exist. People are different, TVs too so in each case the problem has to be solved anew. However, there are a number of general recommendations that it makes sense to listen to. or at least find out what others think about this.
What you need to know first of all to calculate at what height the TV should hang ?
- Diagonal of the TV in inches;
- Average height of family members;
- How do you prefer to watch TV: sitting at the table or on the couch and in armchairs?
In the first case, the TV should stand above the table in order to be at eye level. The second TV can be placed below. Typically, the height varies from 70 to 140 cm from floor level. Choose the optimal point empirically, paying attention to the following:
- Do not strain your head and neck while watching TV.
- The distance from the center of the screen to the eyes of each person should be at least 2-3 times the diagonal of the TV. For CRT TVs. 25% more.
As for the nursery, you need to install the TV based on the growth of the child. over, it is advisable to choose the option “for growth”.
In terms of how high to hang the TV from the floor, the following can be advised:
- The TV must be hung so high that children cannot bump into it while playing, accidentally drop it or break it.
- A child can watch TV from a variety of positions: sitting, lying, on the floor, climbing with his feet on the table. Therefore, it is better to choose the optimal position opposite the training and play area.
It is better to fix the TV motionless. the child himself will figure out what to do so that it is convenient to watch cartoons while lying under the chair. But the child can break the movable bracket.
At what height should the TV be hung on the wall?
How high should the TV stand or hang? We give recommendations for each of your rooms.
In fact, there are no proper recommendations on this matter. But there are tips from doctors and engineers. In particular, this concerns the placement of TV in different rooms. How to properly hang a TV on the wall: height for the living room, bedroom, nursery, kitchen. in this article.
The best option for placing the TV in the bedroom is opposite the bed, as many people do. So you can watch it while lying or half-sitting. But you can also hang it in parallel if you prefer to lie on your stomach or on your side when viewing.
How high should the TV be hung in the bedroom? The recommendations are as follows:
- The TV should be located above the bed, but shorter than the person’s height. A good option is a curbstone;
- If you have an LCD panel, the screen must be tilted about 30 ° downward. So you will look straight into the middle of the screen while lying down.
Do not tilt the screen too much: this will make the image more contrasting and unpleasant to look at.
How high should the TV be hung in the kitchen? Here you need to rely on the size of the room. It is clear that in a five-meter kitchenette, a large plasma will fit only at the ceiling, only to interfere, and in the large dining room no one will see the tiny TV in the corner.
Depending on the area of the room, there are only three ways to place the TV correctly:
- put on a bedside table in any free corner where there is an outlet;
- hang on the wall, with an approximate height of 1.2 m. 1.5 m from the floor to the middle of the screen;
- fix over the refrigerator if it is not high.
- next to the stove, oven, sink, gas water heater, central heating battery;
- opposite the window, as the light will create glare on the display. Solution option. blinds or roller blinds closed when viewing.
Well, of course, proceed from your own preferences when looking. If you like to watch TV while sitting, the pdazma should be hung so that the center of the screen is in front of your eyes when you are sitting. Adjust the optimal height for your height and comfortable viewing position.
Also read our detailed guide on how to securely mount your TV on the wall.